Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

The Girl Who Never Got Caught

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Girl Who Never Got Caught Empty
PostSubject: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 12:21 am

(Closed to Robin Terrell and Bailey Jane)

Bailey wander past the carts of fruits and vegetables at the Farmer's Market near the center of the park. Her eyes catching on various delicacies, small cheeses, a potato or two. She made eye contact with a farmer who was discussing his grape orchard with a young man and smiled as she swept her hand over a small stem and broke it off easily. Everyone around her buzzed past, busy checking off their shopping lists. No one seemed to notice the girl in dirt covered clothes.

Bailey sighed as she walked past the cheese vendor, taking a small package of mustard cheese and looking at it. The vendor spoke with a young girl, taking her list of cheeses and eyeing Bailey. The moment the old man took his eyes of Bailey, she turned and walked away, blending into the crowd as she had been taught so well from her Academy days. No one judges a school girl, not even these poor innocent people. She thought as she pulled her bag from her back and slid the cheese into it. I could live my whole life off of markets like these.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 11:47 pm

Robin sprinted down the sidewalk, panting as she tried to keep her pace. She wasn't going to be able to keep this up much longer - they were too fast. A dark, simple shadow seemed to be overtaking the street, but no one payed much mind to it. At most, a few people thought it was creepy. It wasn't anything worth coming out of their house for. The redhead knew better. She yelped in pain as a bit of her heel was nicked off once the shadow began to catch up with her. Now she didn't exactly have a choice - how was she going to be running with a limp like this? Yanking her jacket off, she let it drop to the ground as she took off, her wings beating rapidly to try and get away from the incoming carnivores. She had no idea how high up the mass was, but she wasn't about to find out. Just making it to rooftop level, she looked down to watch for the line of darkness quickly intruding on the town.

The blood had already soaked through her tattered sneaker, a few drops making it down to the pavement. The sight of it made her sick. But right now, she didn't have time to be. Her heart nearly skipped a beat as she saw it was heading towards a little farmer's market. No way she was going to be able to save all those people! Eyes wide, she soared down and snatched the first hand she could, trying to drag the person along with her somewhere they could hide safely. Then again, with the Vashta Nerada around, no where was safe. She felt bad for the ruckus she was causing, but then she remembered they were all going to be dead in about 10 seconds. 'Come on!' She yelped, not bothering to find out who she'd saved and aiming for a brightly lit spot of grass. Thank goodness this was a park. Touching down, she let go of the person's hand and tumbled along in the dirt, frantically trying to catch her breath. 'W-Where are they? Where is it?' She shouted, wide eyes watching the dark mass in fear. The Sun's light would hold them off for a while, but not forever. It was good enough for now. Reaching around for her foot, she held a hand against her heel in an attempt to stop the bleeding, trying to get her bearings before anything else happened.

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 11:59 pm

Bailey had looked up from her bag just before having her wrist yanked from her. The sight of the winged girl in front of her scared her. Did she catch me? Did I die? Bailey thought quickly, moving with the girl as they made their way to the grass area. "What? Where is what?" She asked, catching her breath before looking down at the girl's bleeding foot. "Oh my. Are you ok?" Bailey frantically started searching through her bag, digging through the various fruits, veggies, and random cheese for her scarf. Pulling out the scarf, she started searching again for any of her small collection of first aid supplies. "Here, let me help you." She turned to the girl and started toward the girl's heel. "I'm Jane."
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 8:45 pm

Robin winced as the woman tried to tend to her foot, so she pulled it away. 'No time, don't worry about it. I don't think I'll bleed out. We have to run.' With that, she tried to push herself up onto her feet, only to give up and hover. Much easier than hopping on one leg. Looking down, she extended a hand to help the woman up so they could get going. 'Whatever you do, don't let the shadow touch you. Do. Not. Touch. 'Kay?' Her eyes quickly looked up to see a cloud nearing the Sun - the only thing providing them any sort of protection at the moment. Giving her no time to reply, she flew off towards where the mass had started, seeing as it wasn't expanding outwards yet and probably didn't plan to. 'Come on, unless you prefer to be a skeleton!' 

She needed to know what was going on, and fast. If the colony was big enough, it'd devour the whole planet. For all she knew, it'd already gotten to her ancestors and she was about to die, but that was fine as long as she could get them out of here first. But before that happened, she had to know why they decided to come here, and why now. Sure, she'd seen the occasional group touch down and grab some lunch, but never this large and never this vicious. Someone had to have something to do with it - they didn't just up and do this on their own, did they?

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 12:36 am

Bailey began shoving everything back into her bag and got up quickly. "What are we running from?" She asked, looking around her at the ground as she followed the girl. She wasn't sure what the girl was talking about with the shadows, but if something was going to turn her into a skeleton, she wasn't going to sit back and let it. Looking back at the market, Bailey started to scream. "What happened to them? Is that going to happen everywhere?" She took a few quick breaths before running to catch up to the girl, watching for the shadows. "It's the shadows, right? The shadows killed them? All of them?"
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 12:49 am

Robin froze at the scream, immediately turning back to see what had happened. No way the shadows moved that quickly in this much sun! To her relief, the woman was still alive, but it didn't make too much of a difference. They were dead. All of them, all gone. Her heart raced as she shook her head roughly, flying faster to try and run from the reality of all those lives, all those people, ripped away in less than a second. Soon it was going to happen to everyone, wasn't it? Casting a quick glance behind her, she noticed the cloud was just about to cover their source of light. Oh God. 'D-Don't let it touch you!' She stuttered, taking a sharp turn left to get away from the mass as it accelerated towards them. 'It knows we're here, run!' They needed to find shelter. Now. Somewhere, somehow, something they could keep them at bay with. Not easy with them - even the Doctor simply declared they could only run. But they weren't invincible - nothing was - but just how were you supposed to kill a shadow?!

Robin headed further into town, searching out any place that was very very tall and brightly lit.

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 1:00 am

Bailey ran, just like she was told. Running blindly from whatever creature was chasing them. "How do we run from a shadow?" She asked, looking up toward the sun. There was something different about the cloud heading toward the bright light. It's one of the brightest days of summer, where did that cloud come from? She thought to herself as she ran. Bailey wasn't sure of why she trusted this person, but they seemed to know what was going on and how to survive it. Maybe she could help the girl. "Where do we need to go?"
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 1:28 am

Robin shrugged, continuing to peer around the buildings in search of something useful. 'Lights! Lots of lights!' She knew that if she kept panicking, she'd draw Jess or Cameron out, but that wouldn't be any good right now. Jess would get them killed, Cameron would be bull headed and probably get them killed, too. Taking deep breaths, she tried to focus on something other than the tons of deaths behind her. Finally, she managed to spot a rather tall office building - not too brightly lit, although that could be fixed. 'In!' She pointed towards the door, flying up to the roof instead to find a way in from up there. She was not in the mood for walking, nor the shape, and didn't need some poor humans freaking out about the crazy winged kid stealing all their lightbulbs. 'Get all the lights you can!' With that final message, she shot up past office windows until she'd reached the flat top of the tall rectangle, easily spotting the door leading inside. Why did buildings always have a little shed attached to that door? Why not just have a door in the roof? No, have to build a little room to climb into. Pressing her wings together, she attempted a landing on the cement, only managing to scrape her hands and knees a bit, and limped towards the entrance. Bloody hell, that stung.

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 1:50 am

Bailey was pushed into the building, and looked around. Lights, she said lights. She thought as she started grabbing all of the office desk lamps and any lightbulbs she could find, shoving them into her bag. "Hey you! Stop what you're doing!" Someone yelled as she ran for the elevator. The girl had gone to the roof, hadn't she? Bailey moved quickly, ignoring everyone who tried to stop her. She was a theif, and she was going to embrace the thought process. Moving into the lift with ease, Bailey smiled at everyone just gapping at her. She couldn't think of how crazy she must look, grabbing only the desk lamps, but the sight still tickled at her as she watched the lift doors close to take her to the top floor.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:37 pm

Robin limped inside, groaning at the sight of stairs. Bloody brilliant, that was. For a moment, she was going to try not to blow everything about with her wings, but she wasn't going to accomplish anything if she didn't. So she jumped, flapping her wings before she could hit the bottom of the stairwell and going out into the building. Of course, the workers didn't exactly take it well. Rolling her eyes at the sudden panic, she tried to locate something she could use to patch her into the network. Someone with an email left open, that'd be perfect. Quickly taking a seat in front of a laptop, she typed a frantic message and added the entire contact list, hoping it would reach the entire building.

Yeah, no time to explain. Get to the top floor if you want to live. Bring all the lights you can carry, and wire if you've got any. Anything electronic. Oh - and is anyone good with wiring?

Nodding her head, she got up and began limping towards a window, checking to see the shadow's progress. Oh God. They had 10 minutes, at best. That was if the cloud moved, anyway. Shaking her head, she turned to face the scrambling employees, most of them heading towards the lift. No! They had to stay up here! 'Oi! Do you want to make it through today or not? Get back in here!' She shouted over the noise, doing absolutely no good. Lucky for her, once the lift opened, everyone was blocked by Bailey and her newfound collection of lights. Ha! With a grin, Robin flew over - not bothering limping with this crowd and accidentally sending a few papers flying - and greeted the woman with some help. 'Great, gonna need more though. Get out of the lift, people are gonna need it.' She reached out to take a few of the lamps, already looking around for some place to plug them in. Then it hit her - she was going to need a screwdriver. 'Anyone know where the maintenance is?'

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 7:40 pm

Bailey smiled as the lift opened up, until she noticed the mass pile-up at the door. She turned to the toward the winged girl and stepped out, still blocking the way. "Where do you want these?" Bailey asked before setting everything down on a random desk, cluttering it. A random employee started to point at a blank-looking door when the girl asked about the maintenance closet. The small door, her wings will never fit. Bailey thought as she moved toward it. "What do you need, I'll get it. Everyone else, listen to her, she's going to help you save your life."

Bailey sighed as she pushed through the crowd and made her way to the closet. Turning the knob, Bailey walked into a pitch black room and jumped back. "Light, I need light!" She yelled out as she remembered about the shadows. Darkness doesn't have shadows, but she didn't want to risk anything.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 9:47 pm

Robin rolled her eyes, unscrewing a few bulbs from their places. 'Should be a cord connected to a light - most closets have them nowadays, right? - yank it and find some screwdrivers! And grab the bulb while you're at it!' Shaking her head, she continued to add to her pile of lightbulbs in the corner, constantly looking out at the mass. No way was this going to be rigged in time. 'Oi! You lot! Get over here and help me if you want to live! Start unscrewing these things!' She shouted over at the panicking mob, finally managing to get their attention. Well that took long enough. She sighed in annoyance, getting up and limping towards the computer with a wince. 'Get going!' She went back to the email, looking for any replies or sort of notification that they were coming up. Of course, there were two emails back saying that their floor was staying put. Bloody hell... She quickly typed back a reply, wondering what was going on with the other groups. That was a matter for a bit later. 

Oi! You lot! I'm not kidding, there's a huge danger headed right for you and if you want to make it out of here, you're gonna come up here and help!

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 10:49 pm

Bailey took a deep breath and looked back into the darkness. Reaching out, she closed her eyes as her hand hit something light. I think I found it. She thought, grabbing and pulling the cord. The light flickered on quickly and she walked into the closet. Screwdriver, she said a screwdriver? Bailey looked around, rummaging through everything until she found the tool. Grabbing anything electronic and a few boxes of bulbs, she walked back to where the girl stood. "What's your name? What can I call you?" She asked, setting everything down beside her before going back for more. She stopped right before the closet, looking up at where the light should have been. "Did someone turn off the Maintenance light?"
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 11:19 am

'Robin,' She replied hurriedly, snatching the screwdriver from the tools and beginning to dismantle a desk lamp. 'Oh, if only I had the sonic.. Or knew how to use it, for that matter.' With a sigh, she looked up to see what Bailey was going on about. Oh. Her heart skipped a beat as she rummaged through the mess near her to find a lamp she hadn't destroyed already. 'Here, close the door, aim this at the bottom, and watch for shadows.' Tossing her the thing, she went back to work, continuously glancing up to see if anyone was coming through the lift. It seemed no one was even going to bother. She might have just said 'pity' if they weren't all going to die. 'Bailey! Computer - go and send another email, try and get the rest of 'em up here!' It was then she noticed that everyone had basically finished their task and was sitting about. Ughhh. Rolling her eyes, she checked the tools for anything they could use - another screwdriver, a clamp, something pointy? Well someone had to have a letter opener around here, right? That was good. 'Everyone else, grab something and start stripping the electronics for their wires. Go!' Checking the window, she felt a slight bit of relief at the missing cloud, but she knew it wouldn't hold them back long. One of them had already gotten in, and now she had to bother herself with watching that one, too. Bloody brilliant, this was.

Snatching a razor from the pile before the others had a chance to get to it, she started cutting the plastic coverings off the wires, getting to the proper usable ones. Maybe she didn't know much on how to wire things, but at this point, she knew how to connect a few simple bulbs to a battery. The problem would be finding the battery...

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 3:41 pm

Bailey quickly turned to catch the lamp and plugged it in before closing the closet door. She watched the door in surprise as the light stayed outside the door frame. Is the creature here? How did it get in? Bailey started to think as she moved toward the computer Robin was at before. Email, email, email what? Without a second thought, She sat at the computer typing away, hoping the others in the building would listen and make their way up.

Hello, this is an urgent message from the UNIT Patrol. A deadly disease has been leaked from the basement of your building. The first floor is not safe, do not approach. Please make your way to the top floor of the building. A rescue team is already waiting for your arrival. Please hurry.

Bailey quickly hit the send button, hoping for the best before grabbing a random lamp and working on the wiring. She closed her eyes for a second and sighed before taking the scissors from the desk and ripping away the cording. "Email is sent, I don't know if they will listen to that, but it's worth a try."
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 9:32 pm

Robin nodded to Bailey, quickly moving towards the window to check again. Oh God, why did it have to be moving faster? Spinning around, she tried to see the progress they were making. Alright, not bad for their time, but it could be better. 'Someone, anyone, know where a battery is?' She called out, crouching down and getting another lamp to strip the wires from. They had the bulbs, the wires, hopefully a battery, but how where they going to keep it all connected. 'Oh - tape? It's an office, there's gotta be tape!' Standing up from her work, a handful of wires in one hand, a bulb in the other, she stepped over some people and started to get a rig ready for when they had everything. There had to be some batteries, somewhere there just would be. 'Batteries, tape! Someone get on it!'

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 1:38 am

Bailey looked around at the other people scrambling around listening to Robin's words and acting on them. She wasn't sure if she was really helping or what they were fighting, but if light was going to help, then she was going to find all of it she could. Something crashed just outside the stairway doors, catching Bailey's attention just before the doors swung open. Bailey gasped as she watched several people make their way through the doors, all heavily armed with lights, cords, lamps, anything that would help. Some were even carrying in projectors. "Someone said you asked for these?" Someone asked, setting their arm-load down on a desk. "I thought you said there was a disease. What kind of disease? Is it airbourne?" A generously large man made his way into the room as he spoke.
"Look! Here's how this disease seems to be working. If you stand in the darkness for too long, you become a skeleton. Stay away from the shadows and do whatever Robin says, whenever she says it." Bailey stood up from her chair, "If anyone, and I mean anyone, has a problem, they can talk to me about it. Got it?" Sliding back into her chair, Bailey pulled out her boot knife and shredded a couple of the cord's casings.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:31 pm

Robin's head jerked up as she saw the people flooding the room, a grin on her face. 'Alright, everyone, over there! Start tearing up electronics for the wiring and bring those back to me!' Deciding that sounded authoritative enough, she nodded to herself and began to look around for something with a battery in it. Unfortunately, there wouldn't be a single one big enough in the building, but if she could get to a car... But no way she was letting ANYONE outside with that thing.

With a sigh, she realized that if she didn't let anyone out to get the bloody thing, they were ALL going to die. 'Volunteers? Anyone willing to sacrifice their car for their life?' She hoped that was convincing enough, because if not, she and Bailey were going to be the ones stuck robbing some poor chap of their car battery - if they could even lift it. 'Come on, we don't have all day!'

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:07 pm

Bailey kept stripping the wiring, her blade gliding smoothly against the metal wire. She looked up to see if anyone volunteered, a young teen slowly raised his hand. "What do I have to do?" He asked, walking toward Robin with big eyes, looking at her wings. Bailey sighed and looked back down to the wires, working on a new set. She wasn't sure what Robin would need from the car, but she was glad everyone was paying attention to them and listening.

Taking several of the ripped wires to Robin, Bailey glanced at the maintanence door. The shadows hadn't moved, but seemed darker than they were before. A shiver went straight down her spine thinking about what could have happened if she hadn't noticed the turned off light when she did. "Robin, here you go. Will the computer cords help too? Or should I leave those alone?" She asked, turning back to Robin with a smile. "Thank you, by the way. I wouldn't be alive right now if you hadn't grabbed my hand."
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 9:45 pm

Robin raised her head, grinning up at the boy. Great - she wasn't sure any of them would volunteer. 'Go get your car battery? Assuming you have a car. Can you lift a car battery? Might want to take someone with you, but hurry. And stay out of the shadows.' Nodding to him, she went back to setting up some wires, setting them about so that she could attach them all to the battery and bulbs, rigging a giant lamp. It would be their best defense, but with how much time they had left, she was about to just leg it. Nodding at Bailey, her heart sank. Right, she had at least one person to save. No matter what, she was saving at least one person. 'Uh.. Yeah, any wires. If they can connect to a bulb - and can you hand me that tape?' She motioned towards a desk behind her, moving to grab some of the bulbs and get them into place. Her eyes flickered over to the closet, widening as she noticed the lamp had burned out. 'Oh God. Lamp! Someone get a bulb in that, fix the wires, whatever's wrong with it! Get it working, now!'

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 10:31 pm

Bailey nodded to Robin as she slid her knife against the side of the wiring. She handed the tape over subconsciously before ripping apart the closest computer. She kept her head down, blocking out the chatter of the other people as she worked, until she heard Robin yelling something about the lamp. "What? What's wrong with..." Bailey stopped talking after she snapped up, looking directly at the broken lamp. "Ouch!" She yelped, looking back down to where she had cut into her thumb. "Oi! You there, next to the lamp," She wrapped her thumb quickly with a nearby tissue before grabbing a new bulb. "Catch this and change the bulb. Do not touch the shadows! Pull the lamp to you, don't go to it."

The girl caught the bulb with a little less grace than Bailey had wished, but she moved quickly. She slid the lamp back to her by the cord, just as Bailey had asked and changed the bulb, but there wasn't anything to push the lamp back. Bailey sighed before getting up and grabbing a broom and turned on the lamp before pushing it back into place.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 8:49 pm

Robin looked up from her work, raising an eyebrow at the method used to fix the lamp. Oh well, whatever worked. 'Someone keep an eye on that. And where's that kid?' Just as she said that, the boy came back inside, heaving the heavy battery and panting. Her eyes widened as she quickly moved to help him set it down, then she patted his back and motioned to the hall. 'Go get yourself some water or something, alright? Take it easy.' As he nodded and turned to do just that, she noticed his foot. It was bleeding. 'Oh God, they're here... Everyone! Over here, start attaching the wires, now! We have exactly NO time to do this!' Sprinting back to the battery, she started attaching wires to each bit she could, branching them out from there and connecting them to the bulbs she had been taping to the wall. 'Tape it all together but don't touch the metal bits! Just the red plastic stuff!' 

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:27 pm

Bailey moved out of the way for the kid to get to Robin before noticing the blood as well. She walked over to Robin and whispered, "Robin can we help him? What's going to happen?" She dragged out her med kit and looked at the kid. The wound wasn't horrible, but it would require more than she had with her. Could she help him? What is going to happen to the kid, and how long does he have? It's only one bite right?

Shaking herself away from the kid, Bailey moved to the wall, carrying all the wires she had stripped. She worked quickly attaching the light bulbs to the wires and then to the battery. The lights slowly started lighting up just as the kid started to scream. "What?" Bailey turned around to look at him. The kid was starring down at his hands, walking backward to the wall. "Robin, what's happening to him?" She asked, trying to be quiet and not start up a frantic stir through out the other people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Girl Who Never Got Caught   The Girl Who Never Got Caught I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Girl Who Never Got Caught
Page 1 of 1