Occupied with competiton

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

Occupied with competiton Empty
PostSubject: Occupied with competiton   Occupied with competiton I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:05 pm

((Closed to: 11, Gira and Brax))

Braxien strolled down the promenade, he was told that they had exotic sea creatures. Instead of peering over the edge, he sat on the bench and pulled out a piece of machine he was working on.

He was inadvertently becoming a mechanic, might as well quit being a detective and be a mechanic. The down side to this was that he wouldn't get to see many planets or creatures.

"So, how do you work---"

Before he finished his sentence, he was floating in midair and was reminded of that cosmic radiation detector he had. He fell rapidly back to the promenade, a faceful of wooden planks before it gave in and he landed with a loud SPLASH into the sea.

You better be hopeful that no one had seen that, now, that was embarrassing.

"Look forwards into life, not backwards...otherwise you may find your face planted into the back of a lamp-post." -Flannagan
Back to top Go down
Gira M. Xanatos
Beginner
Beginner
Gira M. Xanatos

PostSubject: Re: Occupied with competiton   Occupied with competiton I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:23 pm

Gira had freshly woken up, It was a pretty late in the day but from the long hours of motorcycle repairs she did last night the extra sleep was worth it. Her was down so it had to be extremely messy, like always. She had a hotel room overlooking the beach. It had a wide few of the sandy beach and the promenade beside it

She pushed herself out of her hotel bed and almost fell to the floor, even though she had slept for a while she still was pretty exausted. She didn't bother with hair brushing at the moment for she had just woken. She pushed open the balcony door and looked out upon the glimmering ocean. She looked down at the promenade just in time to notice a man crash down through the wooden planks. "That's gotta hurt.." she muttered slightly and turn and ran back to the bathroom. She quickly puts her hair in her trademark ponytail and makes her way down the stairs to the lobby, sure she was still in her pajamas but it didn't matter to her at the moment. She ran barefoot across the promenade till she found the hole. She kneeled down by the hole and called down "Are you ok!?".
Back to top Go down
Eleven
Student
Student
Eleven

PostSubject: Re: Occupied with competiton   Occupied with competiton I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:51 pm

With the patience of a toddler high on treats, the Doctor made his way briskly down the promenade. The TARDIS was parked on a sidewalk near the hotel, people walking passed it as if it hadn't been there at all. That was the point, after all. In the Doctor's hands was a watch, ticking rather loudly, with the hands moving at a pace much too fast for it to be accurate. "But I've rewired you six times! I don't see how you're still picking up on a pocket universe!" He insisted in a not so hushed tone, only glancing up once the sound of a splash dragged his attention to something else. Only a few feet away was a hole in the wood, a girl balanced on the rim as she stared down. What was so important about a hole?

The fact that she's yelling into it.

Stuffing the wrist watch into his pocket, the Doctor took a few large strides forward, coming to a halt beside the girl. He bent forward, glancing down with raised eyebrows. "Ah, okay! Hello down there! Going for a swim?" He knelt down, extending his hand with a grin to help him up.
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: Occupied with competiton   Occupied with competiton I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:58 pm

Braxien gratefully took the hand and hauled himself up. The machine had gone but that was fine as it had already warned him that his day was going to be an odd one.

"Hello, hello. I, uh...fell from up there." Braxien pointed from the sky and looked at the man's face and then the girl. "Well, that was embarrassing."

He lay on his back, soaking up the sun to get dry. The wet and the breeze wasn't a good combo, making him shudder every so often. He then got back up, taking off his jacket and wiping the water from his hair and face.

"Braxien Lythis, nice to meet you." Braxien smiled, holding out a hand for a handshake. "That blue box...I thought the police had nice fancy hovercars, not a...box."

Then he glanced down at the water, seeing a sea creature and suddenly feeling excited. He pointed to it and began to read the plaque it said about the creature. After all of that, Braxien sat back at the bench.

"So, who are you?" His eyes flicked between the two figures, a smile upon his face. "You seemed to reacted quickly."

"Look forwards into life, not backwards...otherwise you may find your face planted into the back of a lamp-post." -Flannagan
Back to top Go down
Gira M. Xanatos
Beginner
Beginner
Gira M. Xanatos

PostSubject: Re: Occupied with competiton   Occupied with competiton I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 2:08 am

Gira glanced over confusingly at the man as he knelt down by her offering to help him out, Sure it was the right thing to do but it sort of caught her by surpised. She returned to her feet when Braxien climbed out of the hole and took a step back letting him stand up.

When Braxien asks for the name Gira was the first to reply "Oh yes.. Sorry forgot to intoduce myself, I'm Gira, Gira Xanatos." She dusts off her pants and pushes her mesded up bangs down.

(sorry its short)
Back to top Go down
Eleven
Student
Student
Eleven

PostSubject: Re: Occupied with competiton   Occupied with competiton I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 2:30 am

Once the man was up, and introducing himself, the Doctor stood up himself. Braxien? It was fun hearing new names, especially after hearing the same list over and over again each passing day. People needed to become more creative with naming bald babies. As soon as Braxien asked for the names of the two people that had been the only ones to seemingly question someone falling through wood, the Doctor looked at the girl to his side. Gira! He was loving the names more and more, a grin spreading loosely across his face. And being his regular self, the Doctor didn't notice it was his turn for an introduction until a few loud ticks of his pocket watch sounded. Minutes, merely. "Ah! I'm the Doctor. The blue box is mine. And no, I'm not a policeman." He was still grinning like a profound idiot, though not seeming to notice as he glanced back at his beloved TARDIS. "Though I have arrested myself before."
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: Occupied with competiton   Occupied with competiton I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 7:07 am

"Nice to meet you too, Doctor, Gira!" Braxien said, grinning. He rubbed the back of his back and glanced at the blue box. "Arrested yourself? You put yourself in handcuffs and walked into that box?"

He chuckled. There was something odd about the way people on the promenade were walking, stiff and nervous, he gestured with his head to the people.

"As if they were going to be eaten…oh well, I'm famished. Anyone know a good place to eat? Probably steak and chips…" Braxien trailed off, his eyes focused on the people.

They hadn't noticed, Braxien started to wave his hands around the peoples faces, tripping up every so often. He shrugged his shoulders and sat back down on the bench. "No luck…what's going on?"

((Sorry about the length, I haven't had much to go on…))

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Occupied with competiton   Occupied with competiton I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Occupied with competiton
Page 1 of 1