Now Why Would You Want To Do That?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Now Why Would You Want To Do That? Empty
PostSubject: Now Why Would You Want To Do That?   Now Why Would You Want To Do That? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 9:55 pm

Dylan frowned, idly stirring his cereal as he stared into the bowl. His mother was so frantic nowadays, since Jess was gone. She never told him, but he figured it out. He'd been suspicious ever since she chucked the phone history a while back. That didn't mean he didn't see who'd been calling them. Torchwood, of all people, were trying to contact them. But why? What did they do? His gut told him they had something to do with his sister's disappearance, plus the fact that their mother barely seemed to care, so he needed to do something. Anything, he didn't know what, but he was going to find out what happened. 

Quickly pushing himself up and away from the table, he snatched his tablet and hurried off to school, ruffling his much younger sister's hair before leaving the house without a word. The second lessons ended, he swore it, he was going to look into Torchwood.

Growling in frustration, Dylan smashed his tablet onto the concrete for about the fifth time that day. No where. He couldn't find a single piece of information on Torchwood that would help him. There was one last link he could try, and then he'd give up. He'd ask his mum, again, what happened to Jess. Of course, she'd just insist she was kidnapped and mention nothing about how it barely shocked her, and how they suddenly had much more money in the bank.

His heart fluttered as he read the page, his frown quickly leaving his face. He'd heard of journals and things that people would write, claiming to have knowledge of something that didn't really exist - like global warming, what even was that? - but this was beyond what he'd even hoped to find. It was nearly as if he'd stumbled upon the website of the organization itself, so of course, the first thing he did was look for an address. He still wouldn't trust everything he read, but if he could find the place... Maybe this was just his lucky day.

Dylan held his breath, tiptoeing towards the entrance of what seemed to have always been just a really tall office building. He hoped the address was right, but from what he seemed to be getting himself into so far, it looked like the place. He had no idea what he was going to do, or how he planned on getting inside. Maybe, just maybe, he could pick the lock on the front door and sneak around inside while no one was in. It was the middle of the night, and even though some lights on the top floors were on, it was good enough for him. 

The second his hand landed on the handle of the place, he was flooded in lights. Squinting, he tried to look through them and see what was going on. They'd found him, obviously, but where were they? A moment later and he felt a prick on the back of his neck before he'd fallen into the darkness.

Blinking his eyes, the boy got adjusted to the bright lights of the room he was being held in. 'Wha? .. What happened?' Shaking his head in an attempt to clear the cobwebs, he finally remembered where he was. In a panic, he struggled to get up and get free, only to find himself tied to a chair and surrounded by armed guards.

A woman in high heels stomped her way in front of him, loud clicks sounding on the tiled floor. 'We know why you're here. We know you've been looking into us.' He could only remain speechless, too afraid to say anything they might - somehow - not already know. 'You want your sister, yeah? It's a shame she's not here.' His heart sank and his look darkened, not wanting to think about what that would mean. 'No, she's not dead. Yet. But she escaped us. And we need you to bring her back.' 'No. Whatever you're using her for in this hell hole, the answer is no.' He dared to speak up, scowling at the woman and her pleased smirk. 'That's fine. You can go home then. I just thought you might have wanted her back safe...'

Now he was listening.

Robin kicked her feet as she sat on the jumpseat, waiting for them to arrive wherever it was they were this time. Well, sitting wouldn't be the most accurate word. Was there a word for lying upside down on your back with your feet dangling over where your head should be? She decided there should have been. 'I think it's actually your turn - where are we going now?' She spun around to face the Doctor rightside up, the blood rushing to her head finally getting to her. 'Just tell me we're not going back to Garfoon. I don't care how many times you try, they're not going to let us past the gates.' Now that was an interesting trip. Course, she might have gotten in if she was a few inches shorter, but him? He'd have to knock off a couple of feet before they let him stomp around their city. It was a shame, too. Such nice little buildings, although she probably wouldn't have fit inside any of them. He had the whole of time and space at his fingertips, couldn't he find some kind of shrink ray somewhere that didn't turn them purple for the next two days?

Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Now Why Would You Want To Do That?   Now Why Would You Want To Do That? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:36 pm

"Cardiff stop for now." The Doctor replied, distracted by the readings being displayed on the screen in front of him. "Refuel, maybe a bit of sight-seeing. Some chips too if your up for it." He flashed his companion a wide grin before turning back to the screen again and tapping something into the keypad below it. "She's fluctuating her energy levels. I can't tell if she needs to refuel or if she needs to be set off on a long trip to skim off the extra." Frowning slightly, he tapped the screen with a finger before straightening up and wandering around the controls, his hands moving out automatically to fiddle with the buttons and switches while he went along.

"Either way, Cardiff first, rest for a bit. You look like you could use a breather anyway, yeah? Constantly pale you are, red eyes, sick. That's what you look like, your sick." Stopping suddenly, the Doctor crouched down in front of Robin, studying her face for a moment, his usually easy-going expression falling away to be replaced with a serious one. "You look like hell. Traveling around time and space isn't easy on you lot. Ought to remember that with Rose..." Straightening back up, he began working the controls in earnest now, already making the ship take off and shake around them violently for a few minutes before landing suddenly. "There, nice little break. You go ahead out, I'll take a peek at the levels again, make sure she needs this before I move her."

Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Now Why Would You Want To Do That?   Now Why Would You Want To Do That? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 11:00 pm

Dylan gulped, leaned against a building as he watched for where the TARDIS should have been landing relatively soon. He'd helped them with their research, 'borrowed' a certain someone's manipulator, and finally ended up here. But now he didn't know if he could do it. All day he'd been shaking and sweating, but he simply kept reminding himself it was better this way. It would only be worse if he didn't go through with it. Still, he wasn't comfortable with any of this. No one actually stuck around long enough to know what happened after she showed up, they just knew that she'd be here and this was his chance. They were surprisingly nice given the situation. 

Robin stuck out her tongue at the Doctor, ignoring his comment about her being sick. She felt fine, therefore she must have been fine. Right? She was pale, anyway, and maybe her eyes were just irritated or something. But she wasn't sick. Riding out the tremors of the TARDIS, she nodded to him before getting to her feet and strolling outside. Fairly nice day for Cardiff. Not as bad as it had been the last few times. Shutting the door to the time machine behind her, she took a deep breath of old Earth air. Eck. How did they manage to make it so polluted? Seriously, it had to be some sort of record. Then again, this was nearly her home, these days, might as well love it for all it's got. Shoving her hands in her pockets, she waited patiently - if you could say that - for the Doctor's return.

Dylan's heart sank as he saw the box materialize, the sound he'd been warned about finally becoming reality. Sure, he found it pretty odd that his sister had taken up traveling with this man, but it was better than what could have happened. What was going to happen, he reminded himself, feeling another bead of sweat form on his forehead. When his eyes saw the girl leave the ship, he nearly found himself confused. That was not his sister. That could not be his Jess. Where was the blonde hair? The bright, blue eyes, even? What happened? Calming his nerves, he made to stroll down the sidewalk in what he hoped looked casually, not wanting to be the one to start the whole mess with the confrontation.

Robin's eyes widened as she spotted the boy nearly stumbling across the pavement, her heart skipping a beat at the sight. No way. He was dead! He died! How was he here! Her mind took a minute to process and remember that he wasn't actually proven to be deceased, but she barely believed it. She stood paralyzed, eyes locked onto his form. 'D-Dylan?'

Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Now Why Would You Want To Do That?   Now Why Would You Want To Do That? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 11:18 pm

Rolling his eyes up towards the ceiling of the TARDIS, the Doctor let out a slight huff when the door shut behind the young girl. Honestly, she was constantly picking at him whenever he ended up saying something rude. Really, he didn't mean to, he was concerned about her health. "Humans. Always taking the worst out of any situation." Shaking his head in slight amusement, he turned his attention back towards the screen, watching it for a moment before realizing the power levels were just fine. The ship was just being testy again, probably due to the last stop they were at. She ended up being pelted with rocks while he tried to take off quickly. The natives weren't too happy about his sudden interest with their leader. How did he know the child was the king? He was only curious about the odd horn sprouting from his head.

Huffing under his breath, he murmured a few words to his ship while setting her to materialize in a nearby alleyway instead of sitting on top of the rift the entire time he and Robin stayed. He didn't need her soaking up anything while he was gone. Last thing he needed was for her to fluctuate during flight. They'd end up being stuck in the middle of the ocean during the Triassic period instead of being in present-day London. "Just a few hours." He crooned, reaching over to pat the time rotor fondly before turning and shifting his leather jacket onto his shoulders. "Robin needs a rest, I warrant you know better than I do." With that, he turned and strode out of the ship.

Closing the door behind him, he locked it securely and set off in the direction he left Robin in. He landed the TARDIS a block away, more than he meant to really, he planned on only moving a street over. "Fantastic." The Doctor said suddenly, tilting his head back to look up at the sky with a wide grin, his hand moving up to shield his face from the bright sunlight beaming down on his form. Chuckling to himself, he set off once more, hands tucked into the pockets of his jacket while he strode over the sidewalk. Turning a corner ahead of him, he spied his companion speaking with an older man, making his protective instinct over the girl suddenly raise it's head. "Robin! Come on, chips!" He shouted, raising a hand and waving in a random direction, a wide grin flashing across his face while he tilted his head towards the same direction. "Come on, we don't have all day. Get your feet moving!"

Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Now Why Would You Want To Do That?   Now Why Would You Want To Do That? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:02 pm

Dylan looked over towards her, pretending to be shocked as much as he could. Well with how everything was going so far, at least he knew one thing would be genuine today. Without so much as a word, he ran over and wrapped her in a hug, picking her up and twirling her around before setting her back on the ground. Oh God, he missed her. It was such a shame he had to... No. He wouldn't think about it. He could postpone it. He could do something else. Something. He knew he would. There was no way he was ending it like this. They had the day, why not enjoy it first? Letting go, he held the girl out at arms length. His sister. God, his heart was shattering just looking at her. Now that he thought of it, he didn't have any words. Not a single one. Not even any questions. Sure, he had them, but how was he going to say them? How could he even bring any of it up without accidentally slipping up and saying something he shouldn't have known?

Robin yelped, waiting until the hug was over before she looked over the man. When did he become so old? Surely he wasn't that much older than her, but now that she thought of it, he was probably around 20 by now. By his looks, anyway. It soon became apparent that she probably should start some sort of conversation, but she just didn't know what to say. What was she going to comment on first - the age difference, which was now, what, twice? Twice what it should have been? Or maybe she'd point out the fact that he was in about 32 centuries in the past. But she didn't honestly care all that much. Because he was back, and he was here, and he was alive. Her mouth opened as she planned to just let the first words that came to her fall out, but she was cut off by the Doctor's distant yelling. Looking over, she nodded her head before turning back to her sibling in a bit of a panic. 'It's not Jess anymore. Not if you want me alive. I'm Robin and we're from this century and that's what we're sticking to, alright? Now come on, chips?'

Dylan's face paled as she took his hand and dragged him towards the Time Lord. No way was she letting him out of her sight again.

Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Now Why Would You Want To Do That?   Now Why Would You Want To Do That? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 4:03 pm

The Doctor pocketed his hands while watching Robin drag the older boy over in his direction, idly assessing the situation before coming to an unusual conclusion. "Your brother? You never mentioned him before." The Doctor commented once they reached him, his blue eyes turning to pierce the boy with a sharp gaze. "Not to mention you hardly look the same, but either way. I'm the Doctor, just the Doctor. That's it, nothing else at all." He proclaimed brightly, bouncing on the balls of his feet as his hands slipped to clasp themselves behind his back, his usual grin plastered across his face.

"Come on then, chips!" He crowed, waving a hand in the same direction as before, motioning for the two of them to go ahead. "Best place to eat them just around the corner, Sonya showed it to me ages ago. Blasted girl, always sticking her nose in where it doesn't belong, then again, she tells me the same thing." He pondered out loud, his gaze shifting away from them and staring blankly at nothing in particular before the Doctor shook himself and focused on the two of them once more. "Get moving then, I don't like to be kept waiting."

Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Now Why Would You Want To Do That?   Now Why Would You Want To Do That? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 5:36 pm

Dylan let go of Robin's hand and followed behind the group, eyes shifting from side to side. Well now what? It wasn't like he really wanted to finish this in the first place, but now it was going to be bloody impossible! Maybe he could just drag her away for a minute. Just real quick, he would barely notice, and he could run off. But it wouldn't be long until he realized what happened and came after him. Bloody hell, what was he supposed to do?

Robin rolled her eyes, only half listening to the Doctor's rambling. How did he just guess that it was her brother? Really? Well she supposed it wasn't that big of a stretch, but it was impressive. Still, her mind was set on Dylan, and she was still thinking this was a dream. It couldn't be real. Because he had to have been dead. Of course, she had already pinched her arm a few times, and learned nothing more than that she made it sore. 

((I don't know x_x))

Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Now Why Would You Want To Do That?   Now Why Would You Want To Do That? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 5:48 pm

The Doctor rolled his eyes slightly, a wry grin appearing on his face as they walked along. As he lead them around the corner, he spotted the restaurant he mentioned earlier and picked up the pace, easily passing Robin in his rush to get there and inside. Usually he hated being stuck inside anywhere, but with the prospect of his favorite chips being in question, there was no stopping the Time Lord as he yanked the door open and ducked inside.

Closing his eyes, the Doctor breathed in the scent and grinned brightly, already anticipating the basket he'd want to have placed in front of him. With salt, and lots of it. "Come on!" He called over his shoulder, making his way to a booth towards the back, a grin on his face and hands tucked away in the pockets of his coat. Ignoring the odd looks thrown his way, he seated himself and relaxed back into the cushion behind him.

Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Now Why Would You Want To Do That?   Now Why Would You Want To Do That? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 10:07 pm

Robin tugged on Dylan's hand, trying to get him to hurry up. What was wrong with him? He was usually rushing to get to the food. Well, then again, that was like... what, 6 years ago for him? She couldn't even tell. Looking over her shoulder, she examined his face with a frown. 'Oi, lighten up, yeah? Didn't drag you over here to blow my cover, did I?' She whispered to him, dropping his hand and hurrying into the seat opposite the Doctor. Maybe the Time Lord was making him nervous. Really, though, that would be kind of hard considering the man was practically I living smiley face. Although... the thought of a giant walking happy face kind of creeped her out.

Dylan sighed, taking a seat next to his sister and trying to avoid eye contact with this man. He didn't trust him. He didn't trust anyone with his sister. But apparently she trusted him, so that would have to be good enough. Gradually, he began to calm down, the thoughts of the plan fading from his head. Not entirely, just enough so that he could focus on getting her away from him and.... His heart began to race again as his focus was turned, the nauseous feeling in his stomach rising up. This was going to be difficult. But he was going to stand out. What should he do? Odd how whenever you focus on acting normal, it's suddenly the most difficult thing in the universe. Waving a hand at the Doctor, he put on a false smile. 'Nice to meet you, then.'

Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Now Why Would You Want To Do That?   Now Why Would You Want To Do That? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 1:37 am

(Bit of a Time Skip, dun wanna go through the next five replies of us forcing conversation neither of us know what to talk about)

"Honestly, I 'ad no idea they'd be so upset!" The Doctor proclaimed, waving his hands in the air between himself and the window, his blue eyes sparking with amusement at the past adventure he was currently talking about with Robin's brother. "Not to mention, she just 'ad to wear the color of sin in front of 'em!" He added, nodding over at Robin with a broad grin on his face, his hands dropping back to the table in front of him as he leaned back against the booth. "Red, never thought read as a 'orrible color, actually. It ought to be, not sure 'ow that would work out." He added thoughtfully, his eyes going unfocused as he stared out the window idly, deep in thought about how Earth would be thrown into a tailspin of horror considering their love for the color.

"You humans, you'd all be enslaved if red was forbidden in the universe. Really, with your red blood an' all." The Doctor added, turning his gaze back to the two in front of him, amusement dancing in them as he took in their expressions. "Silly apes, red blood an' all."

Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Now Why Would You Want To Do That?   Now Why Would You Want To Do That? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 1:51 am

Robin rolled her eyes, trying to keep from bursting into a fit of giggles. It was either have red hair or be caught, so if that meant they couldn't go back to the fifth moon of Talhi, so be it. Didn't look all that interesting anyway - all the monks everywhere, much too law abiding. Even if they had avoided red, they'd have been chased out within ten minutes. Shaking her head, she glanced over at her brother, glad he'd gotten along with the Time Lord so quickly. Then again, it was kind of hard not to smile with his grinning.

Dylan chuckled, more happy to hear these stories than he was letting on. Sure, his sister wasn't in the safest position, but he could tell this man could be trusted. 'Wait, you don't have red blood?' He knew he was an alien, but he just kind of assumed, with how much he looked human. 'What, then, purple?' He wasn't sure if he should look more joking than this, unclear on what 'Robin' had set up for their backstory. Actually, he didn't think it would matter this much.

A man peered into the shop window, watching the trio as they conversed over chips. Why wasn't he doing it yet? He was in the clear, he didn't even have to come back to this time! With a scowl, he spoke into his headset, his voice no louder than a murmur. '1 hour left. Send 'em in.' Ducking back into the alley he waited in, he crossed his arms and gave himself a good 5 minutes before looking back again. Still nothing. How long was the boy going to take?

Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Now Why Would You Want To Do That?   Now Why Would You Want To Do That? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 9:52 pm

"Oi, my blood color is different than yours is. I'll 'ave you know, it's perfectly normal on other planets." The Doctor said in mock outrage, his blue eyes shining with amusement before he turned his attention to the windows once more, only to spot an odd figure staring from the outside towards their table with an unreadable expression. Stiffening his posture, he cocked an eyebrow at the person, feeling a sliver of pride at the man's reaction once he realized he had been spotted. Ducking down once more, he vanished from sight, leaving the Doctor confused and more than entertained at his antics. "Tho' we do 'ave a bit of a stalker." He added, turning back to the two sitting across from him with a lift of his shoulders, a hand reaching out to grab at the fries sitting in front of him. Taking a bite, he chewed on it in thought then turned his attention back to the window with a slight frown.

"'Aven't been followed like tha' in a few years. Couldn'a begin to think why." The Doctor mumbled before getting to his feet and tossing a couple of crumpled pound notes onto the table. "Come on, then. Carnival going on aroun' here. Rides, games, junk food you apes love so much." He announced with false cheer, his blue eyes landing on robin meaningfully before shifting over to her brother with an accompanying grin. "Up you get, no use sittin' around waitin' for your sun to expand. Won' happen for a few Million years."

Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Now Why Would You Want To Do That?   Now Why Would You Want To Do That? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 10:58 pm

Robin raised an eyebrow, peering out of the window for a moment to see who it could have been. Anyone could have followed Dylan back. Anyone. Now she was a bit anxious. What where they spying on her for, now? Mal was out of the picture, right? What could they possibly still want her for? Frowning slightly, she stood up from the booth and waited for Dylan to get out and stop blocking the way. Carnival, now that sounded nice. Not an alien planet, but hey, less likely to get killed, right? Shooting a quick glance at the Time Lord with his mention of junk food, she crossed her arms in annoyance. 'Oi, that was one time. You literally unleashed a kid in a candy shop, not to mention an alien one, what did you think was going to happen?'

Dylan's eyes widened at the mention of a stalker. He was so tempted to just bolt, right there. They were here and they were watching. Now he didn't really have a choice. But what was he supposed to do? With the stories this man told, he was likely to get himself killed either way, but which way was better? He was almost immediately on his feet from the moment it came up, side stepping so his sister could make her way out and they could leave. Would it be better if he suggested a trip into space? She seemed to be talking freely about it, so it mustn't be a problem. But then he would have no way to escape the Doctor. Oh, decisions, decisions. Folding his hands behind his back, he simply nodded to the Time Lord, fidgeting as he ran over the possible scenarios in his mind.

Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Now Why Would You Want To Do That?   Now Why Would You Want To Do That? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 3:24 pm

"Righ' then." The Doctor nodded, seemingly approving of their antics before striding from the store and heading down the street, his eyes flicking over to watch his companion and her brother with a wide smile on his face. "Might even 'ave a ferris wheel. Then again, almost pointless aroun' here, innit?" Tucking his hands into his pockets, he wandered along, completely oblivious to the crowds around them as he walked, eyes set on the direction of where the carnival was with a thoughtful look on his face. "You know. I've been told I was the best shooter at the arcade over on the Andromida galaxy." He suddenly said, a gleam shining in his eyes as he turned to look at them with a slight smirk curling his lips.

"Think you two can take me on? Maybe you can't, too short to see o'er the counter I imagine. Look at you." The Doctor teased, trying to set Robin off as he walked backwards.

Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Now Why Would You Want To Do That?   Now Why Would You Want To Do That? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Robin rolled her eyes at the Time Lord crossing her arms as she followed him towards the carnival. He was just that intent on taking cheap shots today, wasn't he? Well two could play at that game. 'Oh it's on, but I think I still have a big advantage. Or rather, you have a big disadvantage. You can see past that nose, right?' Raising an eyebrow, she held back a smirk at her own comment. If it didn't annoy him, at least she found it funny. Since she was feeling a bit self conscious after the Doctor's remark, she wondered if anyone ever found her jokes funny. It wouldn't be surprising if they didn't - usually humor required some sort of wit or cleverness, which she was sure she severely lacked.

Dylan, just now noticing the size of the man's nose, had to hold a hand to his mouth to stop him laughing. If this was how they went about their every day lives, he'd have loved to take a part in it. It seemed like such fun. And then reality came rushing back to him, reminding him of what he was about to do, and it crushed the humor completely. He had no trouble keeping a grin off his face, but there was some difficulty not to appear upset. He couldn't have that, oh no. Couldn't give a thing away.

Meanwhile, Nat was too lazy to write out a whole paragraph for the creepy stalker guy, so she simply said this: he followed them.

PostSubject: Re: Now Why Would You Want To Do That?   Now Why Would You Want To Do That? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now Why Would You Want To Do That?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Closed RP's-
Jump to: