Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_vote_lcapCreativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_voting_barCreativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_vote_lcapCreativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_voting_barCreativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Penelope
Beginner
Beginner
Penelope

Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! Empty
PostSubject: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:07 pm

"If one more person asks me about America, I am going to scream," Penelopy gritted through her teeth. Most people treated her like she was either A) and idiot, or B) The chance at starting the second Revolution. "One more cheeseburger fat American stereotype and I will punch them in their stupid crooked teeth! How's that, London? I will just wave my big Freedom flag in front of your Queen...Then you can go ahead and throw me a BigMac!" Her stomach betrayed her at the thought of food. The woman's footsteps were fast paced, her body crunched in an attempt to keep warm. The mist that had greeted her this morning, with just a touch of sunlight to bring hope, had turned into a steady drizzle. The red hair, normally crazy with frizz and curls, lay flat on her skin. No freckles; this soulless beauty hadn't captured any innocent bystander's soul yet.

To be fair, her stay hadn't been bad. It was the rude, ignorant comments that were slowly getting to her. The purposeful misdirection wasn't fun either. In fact her destination had been Big Ben. What American didn't stop by to look at the historical monument? A very helpful local had given her precise directions...To a train station...6 miles away. She had traversed through the busy city on foot, her wallet thinning out from food and hotels. Drenched, exhausted, and hungry she finally paused at the bus route, sat down, and pulled out the map trying to figure out where she was so she could get back to her hotel
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 8:51 pm

The Doctor sauntered through the streets of London, gazing at the market shops windows; the thought of window shopping had always alluded him until now. No wonder they put the good stuff out front...oo! banana! He thought, his attention suddenly getting ripped away from the window and over to a fruit vendor who had bananas out on display. Picking out one, The Doctor paid for it the only way he knew how, psychic paper. "Thank you sir. Have a great day" The vendor said happily as he handed The Doctor his banana then shifted his attention over to the next customer as they approached. The Doctor gladly sauntered off, his eyes now focused purely on the banana as he peeled it open and gazed upon his favorite meal with saliva quickly filling up his mouth before biting in.

His walking brought him across several streets, past countless groups of people then finally to a bus stop where one woman sat on the bench and an elderly man awaited by the metal post. The man glanced at The Doctor before sighing and looking back down to the ground, The Doctor raised his eye brows, "Blimey, hello to you to" he mumbled before peering down to the woman where he immediately noticed the map. "What are you looking for?" The Doctor asked the woman, bending over and glancing over the map from over her left shoulder before spinning on his heel, leaping over the bench and flopping down next to her. "Sorry. Hello, i'm The Doctor. Couldn't help but notice you were lost...well..yeah nevermind. Lost" The Doctor proclaimed, a grin shinning across his face, "I could help you if you'd like. I've been here long enough to know a thing or two...well...my ship does. I just go where she takes me. Still! I could help, always can help. So! What are you looking for?".
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Penelope
Beginner
Beginner
Penelope

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 5:04 pm

"...Well my ship does. I just go where she takes me. Still! I could help, always can help. So! What are you looking for?"

Penelopy's eye twitched a little, her eyebrow quirked in one of utter disbelief. The social awkwardness she was most known for had been dampered by the rain. Her fingers drummed on her thighs, the jeans clinging to her gangly limbs, in a rhyhmatic 4 beat pattern. The nervous tick had followed her since infancy.

"Nutter," she muttered under her breath, eyelashes fluttering (another nervous tick) as she tried avoiding looking this Doctor fellow in the eye. Manners, she reprimanded herself. Didn't every fellow human being need just a bit of kindness? Keeping her eyes off of his face she shoved the map at him, her fingers crescending their rhythem as she nervously acknowledged him. Penelopy felt silly being so anxious at this stranger, especially since she had practically been begging for kindness since day one for help with the new lay out. There hadn't been a day since she had shyly approached someone asking for directions.

"I'm trying to get to Big Ben," she whispered, her eyes bravely meeting his. The first thing she noticed was the banana, her stomach grumbling in pain at the sight of food. The second was his eyes. Those brown eyes held such an entrancing image. Ancient, they spoke. Ancient and so terribly sad...Her fingers stopped, her own sky blue eyes meeting his as an old friend would; until her fingers remembered the rhythm. Those eyelashes fluttered and she looked away, her body wracked with cold causing her to involuntarily shiver.

"If I don't get out of this dreary drizzle," she joked rather badly, "I'm going to need to become a patient of yours..Doctor. As long as it doesn't involve your ship probing me" She humphed a little realizing what her mouth had decided to vomit ugly, and waved her had in feign impatience. "Directions?" Oh dear, she was being rude again.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 5:52 pm

The Doctor laughed, "The TARDIS won't probe you" he joked before getting up from his seat and glancing around the streets as he pondered the location of the Big Ben, "Ben..ben..ben. Got it!" he suddenly exclaimed. "Take this street north until you see the farmers market called Geslin's. Turn right and keep going before reaching the market square, once there turn left and boom! Big Ben off in the distance..well..respective distance. Shouldn't take you two minutes to get to it as long as you keep your eyes on it. Just mind the temps, follow them past Big Ben..much faster". Biting the last bite of his banana, The Doctor grinned before turning and tossing the peel into the nearby trash can, "Can't find it then just let me know" he called back to her, "Shouldn't be too hard to find me". Saluting the woman in a slight turn around, The Doctor spun back around and bolted the other way, his sonic screwdriver directing him where he needs to go as he flipped it out.
Back to top Go down
Penelope
Beginner
Beginner
Penelope

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 6:33 pm

TARDIS. For some reason that word held a lot of importance, and her rain stupored mind couldn't come up with an an answer. No matter how many times she blinked, the information just wouldn't process. The word was teasing her brain, and it caused her to become distracted and disoriented. She stupidly stared at the man, her fingers tapping faster, and watched him bolt off after depositing his banana. A strange device was seen in his hands, the nib of it glowing brightly through the London gloom.

"Has to be a nutter....But, what were the directions again?" She grumbled this in annoyance, her eyes following him until he disappeared around the corner. He had been speaking to her right? Maybe even laughed in her failed attempt at humor? "I think he said something about...South? Or was it North?" Now thoroughly annoyed, and rather done with the day, she stuffed the map into her soggy pocket and took off in a similar direction. Her goal: "Home". She had come all this way, not just to drink tea and see London, but to also find this Doctor fellow who might be able to help her. Penelopy's fingers played with the doubloon resting at her throat, the old coin a gift from her mother. It helped settle her nerves, but not enough to get rid of the pestering feeling that the word TARDIS meant something. Something important, something ancient...something blue-

"Oh, I am so sorry!" Penelopy accidentally bumped into what appeared, at first glance, to be a man. That second glance is what did it, and what caused her to whisper a Hail Merry and something about the blessed baby Jesus under one breath. The creature, robed in brown wool, turned towards her slowly. Once upon a time Cathulu had sex with the Disney Version of Davey Jones, and this was their humanoid squid baby. Tenticles frothed white from the ends, the face round in in appearance. Anything else humanoid was lost, this sea creature staring at her with fishy pale eyes, the color that of milk with depth-less black pupils narrowed in slits. The complexion of the creature appeared to be a sort of school children's coloring creation. Fins waved from the side of its mouth, barely visible. The lines looked hastly colored, as if the child had forgotten to color in the lines and had made an oopsy with the different shades. Those pupils seized in on her, the white frothing mass of tentacles waving in her direction.

Like all women Penelopy had one thing to defeat the creature; an ear drum shattering screech, with the flailing hands of a man woman as she screamed out warnings to the sci-fi horror creation. It didn't occur to her, as she yelled at something about karate, that it was probably just a very well done mask, or that they were really shooting a movie that (of course) she had blundered into in a haste to get out of the rain.

The creature simply stared at her, the fins out and shaking much like a rattlensakes would in warning, and stared at her. Penelopy, now drawing quite a crowd, kept muttering warnings at the thing.

A strong hand grasped her, and several people started to crowd her. Humans are morbid creatures. Death and drama are two things you will always find a crowd hovering over. "My dear," said an elderly woman, her old fingers scratching her skin, "did that man touch you?"

"M-m-man?" Penelopy asked, her social anxiety causing her fear to peak exponentially.

"That gentleman over there wearing the coat. Did he harm you in any way?"

"N-n-...Man? It was Davey Jones baby with the whole face charade and everything...But more fishy," she wailed out, now completely baffled by their lack of fear. "L-look at him! He's right," he finger pointed, she sputtered, and it fell limply down. The horrible creature appeared to be a middle aged man. Whatever she had seen didn't exist anymore. Taken aback she looked at the hungry onlookers, their eyes drinking in every delightful detail of this masquerade.

"Are you okay miss?" The elderly lady smelled of roses with a faint smell of diaper ointment. Those old eyes regarded her with kindness, but also concern. The onlookers laughed a little.

"Oi, just another American nutter. Probably looking for aliens, eh fellows? What, did you see ghosts too? Go get your head checked." There were a few mutters of concern, but there was an endless amount of eyes and questions; both that Penelopy wished to recede from.

In the classic Disney princess way, she bolted out of the crowd, her gangly limbs moving her clumsily through the crowded street. The middle aged man watched her go, those black slitted eyes never leaving her body until she disappeared around the corner
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 8:37 pm

The sound of his sonic screwdriver kept The Doctor from hearing the growing echoing sounds of the people of London gathering around poor Penelopy. "Oooh! Come on!" The Doctor mumbled, holding his trusty device up to his ear as he adjusted the settings to get a better read on the odd signal he was picking up, "Oh alright!". Flipping his screwdriver, The Doctor tucked it away and spun around on his heel, "Now where cou-" before he could finish his mumble to himself, the voices of the townsfolk finally reached his ears, "She's! mad!" a woman cried. Immediately his attention was caught and The Doctor dashed over to the sounds, following them back through alley ways and eventually back into the open square where the group was prominently discernible among the other smaller groups. The Doctor skidded to a stop just as a car rushed in front of him, nearly slamming into him as he bolted across the street, "Humans. Sometimes i swear" he mumbled.

Suddenly the familiar figure of Penelope caught The Doctor's eye, her figure sprinting away from the group. His eyes followed her until they landed upon a cloaked figure, it's eyes shining in the sunlight before it moved its head and walked out of view. The Doctor rose his eyebrow, "Oi!" he called over to the woman he had met at the bus station, "You're running the wrong way! Big Ben is back this way!".
Back to top Go down
Penelope
Beginner
Beginner
Penelope

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 9:45 pm

Penelopy came to a graceful pause, that voice halting her Princess jog. Well, there wasn't anything to throw herself down on anyway, unless she wanted to get person with concrete. Great, she thought. Exactly what she needed...The Doctor! Mayhaps this fellow could tell her exactly what was going on. Penelopy tilted her head back to gaze at the heavens to question what she had done to deserve this. The reply? A nice, big droplet of rain right up her nose. Much like a cat, she pawed at her nose frantically while sneezing. London, with all her beauty and exhaust fumes, decided to give the poor girl a proper bath. Perhaps God was trying to tell her she stunk. Perhaps her past life had kicked a kitten and drowned puppies. Whatever the cause, Penelope had enough of it.

One little finger wanted to pull a very nasty visual trigger. Instead of throwing a tantrum much like she wanted to, she instead turned towards him. Her hands threw themselves up in the air in exasperation. The onlookers turned toward this fellow now, their eyes hungry for more visual entertainment.

"I thought I'd take a short cut," she replied sarcastically. "I took the alien tour." Lightning lit up the sky illuminating the scene. Just for a moment Penelopy could have sworn the middle aged man had changed; but just briefly. It wasn't that one scene alone that had concerned her. The clown that had haunted her throughout her child hood walked by him. Abnormally large yellow shoes squished in the puddles. A haunting smile showed rows of sharpened teeth made for eating small children. The clap of thunder erased the image. Only the middle age man stayed, his eyes now resting on the Doctor. There appeared to be a bit of recognition in those black depths. Almost hurriedly he drew the robe tight around his body and shuffled off.

"Poor dear," someone said out loud. "Is she with you? We think she might be lost...Kept screaming about some monster." Penelopy shrugged, her cheeks flaming red in embarrassment.

"Alien tour," she said with a little laugh. The crowd, dissipating from the storm, lingered just a moment longer before heading into the local shops. Miserable, frightened, and poor she stood there for a moment. Despite being so chilled, the cool rain helped clarify her tumbling thoughts. Another small laugh; her fingers nervously tapping once more at her thigh.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 9:53 am

"Well.." The Doctor said exaggerating the word as he always did, "Alien tours are the story of my life, all of them actually", "Excuse me sir" the old woman interrupted, "Is she with you? She seems very ill". The Doctor glanced from the old woman and back to Penelope then back to the old woman again, suddenly getting what she was saying and wrapping Penelope until his left arm, "Yes! Sorry! I'm her Doctor. She must have popped out during the night, poor lass i've been looking for her all day. She's..she's just dazed and confused, not used to the outside world when she's been bed ridden for months" he explained before leaning over to the old woman and whispering, "She's got schizophrenia, bad memory..terrible hallucinations". The old woman nodded, "Ah i see now. Well it's good she is in good hands" she replied before turning and beginning to walk away with the rest of the crowd who was waved off by The Doctor, "No need to worry! I'll take care of her!".

Patting Penelope on the shoulder, The Doctor leaned slightly over to her, "What your seeing is real" he mumbled, "Its a perception filter. Messes with the mind so it shifts off someones attention and sight just enough to make them think they are not there. Hence why they think you are crazy..but your not alone. People have been noticing them lately...a lot lately actually. It's why i'm here....well..was here, think of me like...like..the men in black. Protect Earth from aliens..sometimes humans, then go on my merry way. Blimey, is that what i've become...man in...brown?". Rubbing the back of his head, The Doctor turned around, at first pondering the thought of the man in brown title before his eyes got a glimpse of the hooded figure once more, this time it glared directly at him from a nearby alley way. "Sorry!" The Doctor sudden exclaimed, spinning on his heel and turning his attention back to Penelope, "Never got your name. Well...whoever you are, you're in danger. Don't know why but that doesn't matter. What matters is how you answer this question. I can save you...but first you have to come with me. Follow a mad man back to his ship to face more alien tours and loads of wibbly wobby timey wimey stuff..fancy it? Trust me...i'm The Doctor" he finished with a smile suddenly bursting onto his face.
Back to top Go down
Penelope
Beginner
Beginner
Penelope

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 4:51 pm

Penelopy looked at the Doctor in complete bafflement. This nutter very acutely described all sorts of issues involving her mental state. His whisper wasn't quite as low as he might have supposed it was. Those words echoed in her mind with a haunting familiarity. Schizophrenia with mass hallucinations was the psychologists description at her vivid experiences many years ago. For awhile they had even given her medicine, but it had never worked. He didn't know it, this "Doctor" fellow, but the scene reminded her of past occurrences that had plagued her waking world. Until, of course, they had moved. All of her suffering was spent in silence, but it was better then sitting in small rooms being told how abnormal she was; that abnormality causing her present life just as much turmoil.

Shuffling away, the old lady headed into a small hat shop, her cane tapping on the concrete steadily. Warm glows from the shop illuminated the street, and the woman disappeared inside. So adorably human, and so blissfully unaware of the truth. That's how they all were. Blue eyes gazed into the Doctor's steadily, her fingers silenced for just a moment. Those words ran through her head in a jumble, the words barely discernible. After all these years, she realized, the man who she had been searching for had appeared.

"You're the Doctor? Timey Wimey in a blue police box?" Never did she look away from those ancient eyes of his. Great bellows of laughter exploded from plump lips, her body shaking at the absurdity of it. Of course, she realized. TARDIS. That's the name of the vessel that caused the man to travel through tie and space. Oh, this was rich! Penelopy had been traveling for a dream, never really expecting to bump into this man and here he was. Flesh and blood. The warmth of his breath blowing across her face combined with the sensation of his body stooped lightly over her as he warned her of impending danger was too real. Did he realize that he was her knight in shining armor; that hours of her life had been wasted on searching through an accidental web article on him even existing?

Penelopy was about to say something to him, to let him on this big joke, but there wasn't time. Right before she could speak, a splotch of white foam hit her cheek. Disgusted she went to brush it away, titled her head at him in a confused manner, and those blue eyes turned to milky white as they rolled up the back of her head. Her entire body, quite stocky and graceful as Godzilla in Tokyo, collapsed. The white foam bubbled and burned into the flesh, the liquid dissolving into her skin turning it into an unnatural snowy color.

The creature, still looking like a middle aged man, smiled wickedly from the corner. "Exterminte, Doctor," the thing said, great racks of laughter rolling with the clap of thunder. The light flash of lighting blinded the Londoner's with it's brilliance. By the time the thunder rolled and ended with that laughter, so did the middle aged man.
Back to top Go down
Lea Henderson
Beginner
Beginner
Lea Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 8:46 pm

Her first trip to London, and there was a storm. Great. Lea adjusted her jacket, ensuring that it still covered her scars, and continued down the street. Now, rain she could understand. After all, it was England. But a THUNDERSTORM? Really? Noticing a commotion ahead of her, she walked towards a crowd gathering around a tall man in brown. She frowned in concern once she noticed the unconscious woman he was holding. She pulled out her mobile and ran closer, planning on finding out what was going on and what she could do to help.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 2:37 pm

The Doctor quickly knelt down and examined the foam forming around the side of Penelope's face, immediately concern grew across his face, "Hang in there..just hang in" he told her, trying to calm her as he picked her up and cradled her in his arms. Leaning back as he stood up straight, The Doctor peered over to a girl dashing towards the group before turning and walking in the general direction of the TARDIS. With time running out and deciding the fate of the woman in his arms, The Doctor extended his left hand out from under her waist, pulling it out from under her just enough for him to snap his fingers. Immediately the TARDIS began to materialized in front of them, a sight that brought a smirk to The Doctors face, "Never gets old" he mumbled as he doors creaked open for him and Penelope after finally fully materializing.

Stepping into his infamous time machine, the doors slammed shut behind him as he sauntered up to the control console, setting the woman down once in front of the small chair next to the console. Searching in the storage slot under the control console, The Doctor tossed a few devices over his head before pulling out one and scanning the foam on the side of her cheek. His eyes widened as the readings came back, "Stay with me! You will not die today!" he roared, turning on his heel and back to the controls. Squatting, he quickly grabbed a series of vials filled with various colors and began to fuse them together like a truly mad scientist. Setting a few down that he didn't need, The Doctor focused on three vials, first putting them all together then activating the sonic screwdriver over the solution as it began to bubble of the top of the vial. "I've got to stabilize the acid reaction on your skin and reverse the polarity!" he explained mostly to himself.

Spinning back around, The Doctor splashed it across the left side of her face where the white foam was attacking her skin, "Come on come on" he hissed underneath his breath.
Back to top Go down
Penelope
Beginner
Beginner
Penelope

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 4:01 pm

The milky white solution on the cheek, once touched with the magical solution, started fizzing. The chemical reactions caused the mark to turn an almost reddish purple, then a soft blue, to the same color of white as the mark left by the acid. Once absorbed, the mark dispersed. The only remaining bit of the substance was the purple tint of the veins under the skin. Whatever poison that had hit her was meant to get into her blood stream.

Penelope woke up quite suddenly, her body spasaming as pain continued to wrack her entire body. Her fingers dug into the chair trying to keep a grip, her eyes filming over as if in fever. A low moan escaped her lips, sweat now visible on her skin. Penelope gasped for air, her body uncontrollably convulsing, and fell out of the chair rather gracefully. There, on the blissfully cool floor of the TARDIS, she lay there unable to muster enough strength to move. Only small whines were heard. The pain was too intense for a scream, though her lips stayed parted as if she was trying.

As she "slumbered" before the Doctor came up with the mad man antidote the poison had already started entering her system. In the comatose state she was unable to scream. Whatever it was that had entered the blood stream kept her paralyzed so she couldn't cry out or move. Now, with free movement, she fought to keep from thrashing. It took every ounce of control to not give in and scream; to black out and just subcome to the fire.

"D..Doctor," she managed to gasp out, her voice chopping the words in an agonized wheeze. "I think I know what a liar's pants on fire feels like...Can I have some water?" Penelope didn't even recognize her voice. It was too weak, her breathing to shallow to...To, what? Her concentration broke as the fire was slowly extinguished. The blissful relief caused tears to run from her eyes. She never cried, not even when she broke her arm. A small laugh escaped, mixed with another low moan of pain as her body cooled. She laid there unable to move, her mentality spent. The veins sticking out on her cheek faded. All that was left of the incident was a bruised mark, as if someone had punched her.

Back to top Go down
Lea Henderson
Beginner
Beginner
Lea Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 5:29 pm

Lea looked on in confusion as a blue box appeared in front of the man in brown. Still clutching the unconscious woman, he ran in and the doors closed behind him. She was fairly certain that she should call 911, wait, no, 999. The woman needed a hospital, not a weird box. Unsure of what to do, she sat next to the box and waited for the man to come back out.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 10:33 pm

The Doctor nodded, turning slightly around and beginning to wonder if he even had water on the TARDIS apart from the pool, "Its the perception filter" he explained, turning back to her once he reached the conclusion that he had no water, "Your mind was setting to see them. Their perception filters are slowing down, breaking apart so you can see them...well..me too, let's just hope not every one can . That's the last thing we need is a full scale panic then war with an alien race they've never encountered". Suddenly a proximity alert echoed from the scanner behind The Doctor, immediately causing him to shift his attention, "Speaking of perception filters" he mumbled, reviewing the camera on the scanner showing a woman sitting up against the side of the TARDIS, "That lean is causing a fluctuation in the TARDIS perception filter".

Sighing, The Doctor reluctantly stormed down the ramp and thrust open the doors, quickly locating the woman and lightly grabbing her by the shoulder sleeve of her shirt, The Doctor urged her inside, "Come on. Up, up, up! Inside! Don't want to attract attention, allons-y" he told her. Once the woman was inside, The Doctor quickly closed both doors and turned his attention to the woman, "Do everything i tell you, don't ask stupid questions and don't wander off...especially in this place" he told her before spinning and dashing back up to the control console. "There's something emitting a signal that is disrupting perception filters, both mine and the alien's" The Doctor explained, "I was working on figuring out the problem when i ran into you and your friends. Either they are investigating just like me or...they've got other plans. Plans that haven't come to me yet, still working that bit out".
Back to top Go down
Lea Henderson
Beginner
Beginner
Lea Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 6:31 pm

Lea looked around, still startled from being suddenly dragged into the box. She gaped openly at the strange, coral-like columns and the console in the center of the room. After a moment's observation, she couldn't help but point out the obvious.

"The inside's bigger than the outside," she noted, her voice unsteady. She'd thought that it would be a simple matter of calling for help and waiting for it to arrive; she felt way in over her head. "Do you want me to call an ambulance for your friend, or something? Or should I leave?" she asked, going back to what was most important. The red-headed woman was lying on the floor, but she seemed comfortable.

Trying desperately to stay calm in front of this strange man, she tugged on the sleeves of her denim jacket and tried to think of what to say. She'd never been good in unusual social situations, and this was way outside of her comfort zone.

Last edited by Lea Henderson on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 8:32 pm

((We have a one paragraph minimum reply to each thread here on the site. Details are important, it's how each of us replies to one another's posts. For example: What is Lea wearing? What is her mind set in all of this (put in Italics to set it apart), where is she standing inside of the TARDIS? Who is she looking at? Is she scared of everything that is happening? Is she so nervous she is shivering?.

It's like...watching an episode of Doctor Who and describing it to a friend who can't see it. Your giving them all the details you can so they can imagine it correctly. Think of your favorite book and how they made you keep reading, how they made you think about what they were saying if you like books. More details the better, heck, look at Penelope's replies))
Back to top Go down
Lea Henderson
Beginner
Beginner
Lea Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 12:09 am

((My last post's been edited now. Thanks for the advice; this is all still new to me.))
Back to top Go down
Penelope
Beginner
Beginner
Penelope

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 3:55 pm

Proximity alert? Penelope was about to ask who, but the Doctor fellow already had the situation under control. Penelope was only partly listening. Voices were starting to dull and fade, the sound of ringing high pitched and irking in her ears. Sweat damped her forehead, the floor of the TARDIS blissfully cool and real. She tried grasping the conversation, but it came to her broken and fluctuating almost as if in time.

Bigger on the inside....Don't do anything stupid...perception filter...

The ringing grew worse, her head almost splitting. Fear. Penelope hadn't known it could leave such a bitter taste in her mouth. The acrid taste was swallowed as she tried moistening her dry throat. Whoever was in here was now replying to him...something about it being bigger. Crinkling her forehead in concentration, Penelope tried to gather enough strength to lift herself. Hands grasped the TARDIS floor, her fingers slick against the panels, and lifted herself shakily.

Thunk!

Groaning Penelope hit the floor rather hard unable to control the shaking of her muscles. Tangled mass of red hair spread across her face, the red strands blocking her vision after hitting her chin rather roughly on the floor. Blood mixed with the acrid taste of fear was swallowed back reluctantly. She had to rise off of this floor. Shaking limbs wasn't going to stop her from rising. An irritated grunt escaped her lips, her hands laying flat. Once more her body shook, her vision swam for one dangerous moment, and then she was able to lift herself. A little triumphant laugh escaped parched lips. The laugh helped give her enough strength to stand. The gangly limbs almost collapsed, but she forced herself to steady, her hand resting on the control panel. Drooping over, her head rested against the different instruments on the golden stand.

"Simon Says, pro version," she blurted out stupidly, a small giggle escaping. Sanity wasn't quite present at this point of time. Now fully erected, her shoulders squaring, Penelope swiped at the matted, damp strands of auburn from her eyes. She looked rather silly, her skin unnaturally pale. The whole image of herself appeared to be translucent; as if she was a ghost rather then flesh. Compared to the ghostly appearance, the auburn curls stood out as if she was wearing a red wig to a clown convention. The eyes, those sky blues, burned a bright blue.

Nervously she tapped her leg as she spoke, her eyes on the new woman before her. She looked rather young and unsure of herself. "Well, I am Penelope...What happened?" The room was an alien image. She was so racked with pain when transferred here, she didn't remember the journey.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 8:39 pm

The Doctor was torn between the newly introduced woman and the mentally unstable woman who fought with her memory nearly every single moment. Peering between them, The Doctor finally decided and turned to the new woman, "No police, no outside anything" he stopped then grinned, "Welcome to the TARDIS. My name is The Doctor, i'm over twelve hundred years old and i've saved this planet more times then i can remember. And i plan on doing it again but i need your help, both of you..all you have to do is trust me..trust me..i'm The Doctor". Bursting with excitement, The Doctor showed how much of a mad man he was as he spun around and raced back up to the control console, dancing around it once he got to it. "Penelope!" He called from the other side of the control console, pointing at her as he peaked over the time rotor, "You're in this too! The perception filter signal is attacking your frontal lobe, causing massive memory loss spikes but you need to hang in there! Just trust me! I will get you out of this, i promise. I just need you to do one thing..one simple thing.".

The Doctor stopped as he ran over to the main lever, stopping as he looked from Penelope and over to the new girl, "ALLONS-Y!!!" he proclaimed, grinning madly as he yanked down the main lever. The TARDIS roared, bursting through the time vortex, one second in market square, the next in front of an older building at the edge of the city, signalling its arrival with one final thud. "We're here!" The Doctor exclaimed happily, pulling over the scanner, "This is where the signal originated from. If we can find out what exactly it is then we can stop it!". Rushing down the ramp, The Doctor flung his trench coat off and onto the supporting coral structure to his right, "Stay close, don't wander off!!" he told them, glancing over his shoulder at them before turning his attention back to the world outside of the doors and opening them fully.
Back to top Go down
Penelope
Beginner
Beginner
Penelope

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 8:52 pm

One simple thing? The mad man rushed about, his fingers pushing buttons and pulling levers with the energy of a hyped up 5 year old on candy and a Monster. The contraption made loud squealing noise accompanied by a loud, heavy thump!. A little out of place Penelope felt her finger tapping at her thigh, her eyes following him closely. The new girl had her attention as well, the Doctor addressing her with all the explanation she needed. This was indeed the man she had been searching for. Instead of the fairy tale scene she had pictured in her head, she was instead standing here weak and half-dazed unable to tell him anything.

Instead she stumbled out of the TARDIS blindly. Her stomach did little rolls and flips of nervousness as the doors beckoned them outside. Rain had cleared, the cloying smell of new Earth present after the fine mist. Stars were peeking from the cloud. Penelope inhaled the scent hoping to clear her mind.

"Doctor, when this is over, I need to talk to you." Her throat was still parched, so it came out in a throaty whisper. Despite her head ache now blooming in her temple, and the shakiness of her limbs, she was starting to stabilize. Her appearance appeared less ghostly and more human
Back to top Go down
Lea Henderson
Beginner
Beginner
Lea Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 9:49 pm

Oh, no. Now she'd done it. She'd tried to help, and look where it got her. Sucked into a madcap adventure with this "Doctor" and this woman apparently named Penelope. The box- no, it had to be a ship, an alien ship, which meant that at least one of the other people she was with... was an alien.

Sucking in a deep breath, Lea thought rationally. Penelope seemed to be recovering from whatever had been affecting her earlier, and neither she nor the Doctor seemed to mean her harm. Despite all of her worries, she did want to find out what was going on, what with the strange lightning and all of the Doctor's talk of "perception filters" (whatever those were). She didn't have that many options, anyway; she had no idea where they had landed. She was just going to have to go with it.

Now that the initial shock had passed, she now made some realizations. First, her jacket was soaked from the constant drizzle. When she considered taking it off, she remembered that she was wearing a short-sleeved shirt and though better of it. Better to hide the scars on her arm and be uncomfortable than answer questions about her life. Second, as everything happened so quickly, she'd never told them her name.

Lea noticed that Penelope and the Doctor were already leaving the ship, so she hurried out after them and figured that if they needed to know who she was, they'd ask.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 12:14 pm

The Doctor nodded, acknowledging Penelope's request before turning to Lea as she exited his TARDIS, smiling madly at her as he said, "I'm The Doctor by the way. What's your name" then paused as he awaited her answer. Once she had answered, The Doctor nodded, "Right then. Now that we all are acquainted with one another. Time to get to work". Stepping forward, The Doctor scrutinized the front of the house, the rusted brown exterior, the front door which hung cracked in half from the frame of the door, the windows shattered, it's pieces lying on the muddy grass that stood just before the curb that lead out into the road. "Broken..." The Doctor mumbled, walking over to the glass, squatting down and picking a piece up and examining it before peering up to the house in front of him, "Not just the house..everything around it. Dying or dead...there's something more than just the perception filter frequency. Something i should have noticed".

Standing up, The Doctor cautiously entered the house, inching through the gap in the broken door and immediately being hit by a lack of light, causing his eyes to dilate and frantically search for any lightening to grab onto. Finally, The Doctor flipped out his sonic screwdriver and activated it, shedding light over a massive wall that spanned the entire living room, from wall to wall. The wall wavered as a breeze flew in through the open window, "It's a portal.." The Doctor mumbled, hovering his free hand over the surface of the portal, causing ripples to echo throughout the entire thing, "A portal through time and space. Reaching out across the stars....waiting for someone to answer..".
Back to top Go down
Lea Henderson
Beginner
Beginner
Lea Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 1:34 pm

Going into the house after the Doctor, Lea saw him illuminate the wall and caught a few snatches of his mumbling. "A portal?" she asked. "A portal to where?"

She cautiously walked over to his left side and gazed at the wall that wasn't a wall. At first glance, it seemed solid, but it wavered and shimmered, like a mirage. She could barely take her eyes off of it; it was at once fascinating and terrifyingly strange. The room around it was dim and was definitely long-abandoned. The floor, however, was empty and had nothing but dust. She frowned. Places like this, with a clear entrance and no signs of residents, were usually favored by squatters and wild animals. The ground should have been strewn with trash and animal droppings.

Lea collected her thoughts and finally asked the questions that were on her mind, the words coming out in a continuous stream. "What's a perception filter? What's with your ship? Who are you?" With that, she sat down on the floor, waiting for him to answer and for Penelope to come in.
Back to top Go down
Penelope
Beginner
Beginner
Penelope

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 5:46 pm

Penelope stayed outside, her head beating to the frantic beat of her heart. Dead grass crunched under her feet, along with the tinkle of broken glass. It looked like an old, crippled house left to time...But here? Penelope turned her head, her eyes dotting along the familiar shapes of houses and people off in the distance....almost fuzzy. Squinting didn't make the fuzziness go away. It was almost as if she was looking through a dirty telescope of some kind, perhaps?

The voices coming from weren't shrieks of agony, so she assumed nothing horrible had happened inside the building. Just in case though she bent down, picked up a fragmented piece of glass, and tucked it in her pocket. She had watched too many horror movies to know that going in unprepared often led to death.

Once inside she caught just the end of the conversation, along with the girl's questions. "A perception filter is, according my nerdy sci fi knowledge, a filter that alters your concept of reality. Something can look ordinary, but it would really be something else. If you've ever read the Percy Jackson series, you might kind of understand it better." Her hand lingered over her pocket just in case, her eyes adjusting to the dimness relatively quick.

"Outside...things look different. Are we in a bubble of time or something?" She looked very perplexed and confused, especially at the whole portal bit. "Maybe..." Penelope bit he lip and went silent. Leah was awaiting her questions and she had just sort of barged in out of the blue mummbling stupidly.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 1:49 pm

The Doctor looked over to Leah after she asked her questions, smiling and about to answer before Penelope came in with an answer to one of the questions. Nodding, The Doctor sniffed once she had stopped and posed a question, "Well..." he began, turning back to the portal, "Could be creating a time space distortion due to the energy output it requires to keep it here". Looking back over to Leah, The Doctor grinned, "I'm The Doctor...i'm the Time Lord. I'm a time traveler, traveling through time and space for over twelve hundred years saving planets, galaxies and well...Earth and the billions on it right now. Fancy seeing what's on the other side?".

Turning back to the portal, The Doctor took a deep breath as he backed up a few steps, "Alright then..." he mumbled, eyeing the portal once more before bolting into it yelling, "ALLONS-Y!!!". His trench coat behind him as he leaped through the portal, causing the entirety of the portal to create waves that echoed throughout the wall until settling down once more. His shoes planted firmly on a hard, black surface, a cool breeze hitting him from the southeast and a orange burning sky hovering over him, "This isn't good".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!   Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Creativity is a Must; Jump on in Alice!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next