Share | 

The Curious Case of the Yodeling Yeti

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
5th Doctor
Student
Student

PostSubject: The Curious Case of the Yodeling Yeti   Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:01 am

In the far reaches of the universe where light is a foreign concept, matter doesn't matter, and stars are nothing more than a distant memory, floated a police box that really wasn't a police box.

It dangled in the orafices of space, gently rocking back and forth, with the lantern atop brightly lit and shining proudly. Well, shining as much as it could in a place with no light. Inside the police box was a magical wonder and a scientific anomaly: the box housed a much, much larger console room. The room was brightly lit with a light of a fluorescent nature, but where it was emanating was beyond any normal human guess. The walls were covered with roundels which provided access to the....well it made it easier to....umm....they looked really good!

In the middle of the room was a hexagonal console, each panel displaying various bits and bobs, knobs and levers, screens, buttons, switches, and anything else that goes click and makes a satisfying noise. The panels themselves were flickering with glowing buttons and diodes, displaying information at a phenomenal speed. In the center of the console sat a clear time rotor, complete with an intricate spinning time scrambler housed inside of it. It was bobbing up and down at an interestingly uncomfortable pace, but nothing that would really alarm anybody walking by.

Except for the one person who was standing at the console staring into the time rotor. He was an interesting looking man, with black moppy hair, a warm and gentle face, and icy purple eyes. He was wearing a blue collard shirt (to which was obviously three sizes too big for him), a pinned on bow-tie, houndstooth pants held up by bright crimson suspenders decorated with golden shapes of various cut-outs, and rather comfortable fluffy bunny slippers. This man was the Doctor.

He stood over the panel with a vector screen imbedded in it, peering into the depth of space and time as it passed him by. He was nervous for the outcome of the TARDIS landing next. He had always told himself that he could fly the TARDIS accurately and efficiently, but this time was different.

He was sitting in the Milliways restaurant awaiting exclusive window-side seat when he received a phone call from a strange and unknown person. The call was odd, but he was used to receiving phone calls like that from time to time. After all, his craft WAS a police call box. He had told the waiter that he was going to run down and grab his cheque book. As soon as he entered his craft, the machine took off immediately and unprovoked to an unknown destination.

The Doctor began to pace the console. Thinking to himself the endless possibilities that could have taken him away from such an exclusive destination. He started to think of things that could have enough power to take away or recall a TARDIS so easily. "There WAS the Time Lords, but they couldn't have found me this easily. There's the Great Intelligence, but I've already taken care of that....hmmm....."

As he continued to talk aloud, the TARDIS released its familiar
....vworp.....
Vworp......
VWORP.....
VWWWOOOOOORRRRPPPPPP
TWUMMMMUMMM...

The Doctor ran to the control panel. No readings. "Very strange indeed. Shall we explore it, Jamie?" He looked back, but his Highlander companion wasn't there. He remembered he dropped Jamie off with Zoƫ at New Las Vegas MCIII.

The Doctor went over to the other side of the console and flipped the lever with a bright red knob. The doors hummed open, bringing in a cool and gentle breeze laced with a light floral scent. The Doctor gave a small smile. At least it isn't snow. he thought.

He ran over to his coat rack, slid on his morning jacket, and ran out the doors into the mysterious world that awaited him.
Back to top Go down
http://chestertonorchatterton.tumblr.com
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Case of the Yodeling Yeti   Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:33 pm

The Doctor inspected his control console in the center of his infamous vessel, eyeing it with a curious eyebrow raised and an intense sense of thought spiraling through his mind. The TARDIS had been acting up in the past few adventures, sending him to the far reaches of space then to the very creation of the stars the next moment. Disruption in the space time frequency...has to be The Doctor thought to himself, "What else could be doing i-" he said out loud before he was sent into the railing behind him. The TARDIS spun through the time vortex, crashing into the sides of the spiraling essence of time and space a few times before ripping through and appearing in the center of a frigid, ice cold planet. The Doctor breathed in heavily, taking in what had happened as he bolted to the scanner, "Why bring me here?" he asked his machine before turning and dashing down the ramp and snagging his coat and quickly putting it on.

Exhaling, The Doctor opened the doors, immediately he was met by the sight of the planets surface, facing him, "Ooh....well...that's new" he mumbled before plummeting into the snow. Like hitting a tempur-pedic mattress, The Doctor sunk into the snowy terrain, the outline of his body imprinted on the snow around him. Slowly, The Doctor rose up, brushing off the snow from his face as he peered around before his eyes met the familiar door frame of his TARDIS. "What.." The Doctor hissed, forcing himself out of the hole he made and gazing out at the TARDIS in front of him then peering up at his TARDIS, floating in mid air above him, "What?!". Despite his mind focusing on the sheer fact that his TARDIS was hovering in mid air, The Doctor recognized the desktop theme of the second TARDIS, his mind immediately connecting to the past. "The first..." He mumbled, taking a step toward the older TARDIS and placing his hand on the side of it with a slow smile appearing, "The round things" he chuckled before quickly peering around, looking for someone. Then he saw him. The morning jacket bolting off in the near distance, the bowl cut and the height of the man, "You should close your doors!" he called out to himself, smirking as he leaned back on his second incarnations TARDIS with crossed legs and his hands resting in his pockets.

Back to top Go down
http://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Candy/E.C.H.O.
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Case of the Yodeling Yeti   Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:04 pm

Candalynne was asleep on her couch in the TARDIS as she waited for it to land, the shaking and stirring did not affect the furniture inside her TARDIS so she wouldn't wake up. She heard the familiar sound of landing and she woke up with a small smile, she looked to the woman in her TARDIS who smiled back before doing sign language for it would be cold out and Candalynne giggled. "Oh I know." She said in Gallifreyan, not the usual English. She turned and got her winter coat and slipped it on before opening up the doors of her TARDIS, it had designed itself as an igloo with a brown door as the door in and out of the TARDIS.

She opened the doors to only see a man and two police boxes. She recognized the man with the brown hair and she giggled as she closed and locked the TARDIS door behind her. She slowly walked up to the man, her feet crunching against the snow. "Hello, Doctor." She said with a soft smile, her winter coat's hood was up to make her head and ear warm, the fur in the hood tickled her ears a little making her lightly giggle. She looked to the Doctor. "Long time no see, again." She smirked at him and then looked to the distance to see another incarnation she was familiar with. "Oh, bowl-cut is here too huh?" She smiled slightly. She had spoken all of that in Gallifreyan and she had forgotten to speak English but seeing as the Doctor knew the language, it wouldn't be a problem.
Back to top Go down
The Hermit
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Case of the Yodeling Yeti   Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:28 pm

((Sorry 2nd, i kind stole your tardis noise...))

"Ha Hah!" the doctor yelled as the TARDIS spun around in space flipping around and crashing into asteroids. He was beggining to rather like flight mode in the TARDIS. He hung on to the console as the TARDIS as the book-shelves, tables, and coat hanger swayed around uncontrollably. He started to hear the TARDIS noise...

....vworp.....
Vworp......
VWORP.....
VWWWOOOOOORRRRPPPPPP
TWUMMMMUMMM...

"Hm. This should b fun." he said grabbing his bag and opening the TARDIS doors. He walked out of the TARDIS and stepped onto the thick snow to find Candalynne, a man in a brown suit, and...
"Oi, why's bowl-cut here?" he said, walking to 2 and giving him a nugee. "Let's see, Candalynne, bowl-cut and-oi who's this bloke? I feel like i've seen you before..." he said before walking to 2's TARDIS and knocking on it. "Hah, I remember this one. Didn't really like it that much. Oh, and this one..." he said walking to Candalynne's TARDIS. "Nice. Very nice. Oh and-" he said, as he walked to 10's TARDIS. "Huh. I don't remember this one." he said, looking it up and down.
Back to top Go down
5th Doctor
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Case of the Yodeling Yeti   Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:39 pm

((That's completely fine 8, that's what it's there for! Also, 8, i'm just gonna assume you're in the Dark Eyes variant, if you don't mind...))

The Doctor ran out of his TARDIS and into the seemingly unsuspecting bitterness that had taken the countryside. The snow crunched and squashed underneath his boots, giving him a childlike satisfaction that had long since left him. He jumped and giggled to himself quietly, enjoying the freshly fallen powder and reveling in it's ability to chill his feet. He was completely happy.....

That was until he heard someone calling to him. "You should close your doors!" The Doctor looked back. He couldn't quite tell if it was the blindingly white glare from the snow that seemed to be creating mirages in his eyes or if it was actually true, for right there before his eyes were not one, but FOUR TARDIS. "Oh dear...this is trouble..."

He ran back up to his own TARDIS to find a skinny man in a pinstripe suit leaning up against it. Aghast, he separated the man from the TARDIS, took out a handkerchief and began to dust off the machine. "Do you MIND? This is highly sensitive equipment here! Not some ficklety-picklety Time Lord nonsense, which I'm sure you've come to discuss with me."

The Doctor turned around to observe the man, who was giving him the strangest of looks. He looked over to the girl. "Ah! Candy, my dear. How wonderful to see you again!" He walked over and gave her hand a hearty shake, giving her the brightest and biggest of smiles. He turned around to face the pinstriped man again, facing him with a frown of disapproval. He walked over to the hovering TARDIS and started inspecting it.

"I thought they got rid of the old Type-40's! She's still in good shape you know." He seemed rather impressed by the craft, but completely oblivious to the situation to which he was in. He paused for a moment.

"Let's see here. This one is mine. Candy, that's yours. If this floating one is yours, Twiggy, then whose TARD---" From around the other TARDIS came another voice. The man came out wearing a blue leather jacket and a messenger bag around his shoulders. He came up to the (2nd) TARDIS and gave it a good ole knock saying "I remember this one! I didn't much like it!"

"What do you mean YOU don't like it? This is my TARDIS, not yours!" Then went over to the hovering TARDIS mumbling something about not seeing it before. "Is this some sort of Time Lord expedition? I swear to you all I have a perfect right to be flying this craft and I'll be damned if I'm going to let---"

The Doctor was interrupted by a horrible and fiendish growl coming off into the distance. He snapped his head in that direction. "Well. *HEM* It looks like we've got bigger problems on our hands at the moment," He turned to the crowd. "Now you're more than willing to come with me, but try to keep up. Oh! And I'm the Doctor."

He shook the men's hands and walked into his own TARDIS. He emerged a moment later with a gaudy fur coat clasped together with a piece of rope and an obnoxiously crushed top hat. He gave himself a satisfactory sigh of approval and began to walk into the distance from whence the roar came.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Case of the Yodeling Yeti   Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:08 pm

The Doctor rolled his eyes, waiting eagerly to see how long it would take his previous incarnation to figure out who he was before 8 and Candalynne showed up, bringing a grin to his face. "Candy! Hello!" He exclaimed happily back to his friend before his eyes met his eight incarnation, his grin still holding true, "Blimey. Haven't seen you in a while. The high council of Gallifrey still giving you trouble? Don't mind them, they'l get off your back soon, i like the bag. Suits you..well...much more then the hair..well..i can't say anything about that". The Doctor ended with a sniff just as the second Doctor burst out of the doors of his TARDIS with his infamous fur coat held against his body via a sole rope. "The coat!!" The Doctor exclaimed happily once more, following after his previous incarnation with a kick in his step, "Look at that haha! I thought i lost that thing ages ago, do you still have that problem with your rope where you have to pull it up every so often so it doesn't fall? Blimey that was annoying, you remember the coat?" he suddenly asked his eight incarnation, peering over his shoulder back at him as he followed the second Doctor.

With everything that was going on, The Doctor's mind skipped past hearing the mighty roar off in the distance and focused solely on the sudden appearance of his past incarnations and his friend Candalynne. Then it happened once more, a horrendous growl echoing through the snow filled wind before finally reaching The Doctors ears and grabbing his attention. "What did you say about bigger problems Doctor?" He rhetorically asked the second Doctor before snapping his fingers on his right hand, causing the doors of all the TARDIS' to slam shut.

Back to top Go down
http://docwhorp.forumotion.org
5th Doctor
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Case of the Yodeling Yeti   Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:22 pm

The Doctor paused for a moment. He stiffened up, and turned around slowly to face the strangers. His eyes had widened, and he had an unfortunate face of sudden knowledge upon his face. He approached the man in the pinstripe suit. "You...you're me? But you're tall and childish!"

He looked at the man in the leather jacket. "And let me guess: You're me too? Now don't tell me Candy, that you've got a massive surprise that you're also me too?" He laughed at the ridiculousness of the statement, but turned to his 10nth incarnation.

"You...Me...whatever you are. My TARDIS brought me here. Our TARDIS rather. Obviously it didn't bring us here by chance. And that roar in the distance...it wasn't a cute, fluffy animal. There are far worse things in this universe than pepperpots holding plungers and tin foil beasties. And if that roar was what I think it was, we're in for a treat." He turned to the mountains.

"Shall we take a look?"
Back to top Go down
Candy/E.C.H.O.
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Case of the Yodeling Yeti   Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:13 pm

[Sorry for taking so long to reply x.x]

Candalynne grinned happily at the 10th Doctor and then saw the 8th Doctor and she smiled. "Hello Doctor." She said to him before hugging him gently. She looked to the 2nd Doctor and smiled at him gently before laughing as she heard his silly joke. "I don't think I will ever be like you Doctor." She said with a slight smirk and teasing tone but she heard a loud roar and blinked. "What was that?" She asked curiously, tilting her head.

She then looked to all three of the Doctors and smirked slightly as she her attention went to the 2nd incarnation and the mountains. "I think we can have a look." She said this before her looking back to her TARDIS, her TARDIS was an igloo which blended in quite well compared to the dark blue police boxes of Earth. Candalynne slowly began walking towards the mountains.
Back to top Go down
5th Doctor
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Case of the Yodeling Yeti   Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:50 am

The Doctor turned towards the mountains. He have himself a small sigh, knowing that the distance between him and the mysterious noise ahead of him. He tightened up his rope, and began to hike towards the peaks.

He gave a small jog to catch up with Candy. "In all of time and space, I never thought that I would be going on an adventure with you." He quickly scanned his surroundings as they walked, making sure that he wasn't surrounded or being watched by others....

The Doctor scoured his memory for possible explanations of what could have made that sound. "How long has it been since we've last seen each other, Candy?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Case of the Yodeling Yeti   

Back to top Go down

The Curious Case of the Yodeling Yeti
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1