Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
New - have some questions  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
New - have some questions  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
New - have some questions  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
New - have some questions  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
New - have some questions  I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
New - have some questions  I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
New - have some questions  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
New - have some questions  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
New - have some questions  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
New - have some questions  I_vote_lcapNew - have some questions  I_voting_barNew - have some questions  I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
New - have some questions  I_vote_lcapNew - have some questions  I_voting_barNew - have some questions  I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

New - have some questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Voileen
Newb
Newb

New - have some questions  Empty
PostSubject: New - have some questions    New - have some questions  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 2:14 am

So I apologize if these questions have been asked 100 times. I've done some digging around on the forums here, but I would rather just ask as to avoid inconsistencies and doing anything wrong. I'm new here, but certainly not a new Whovian or new to RP.
My questions are as follows:

1) I have noticed you must fill out the Alien Creation Template as well as the Character Creation Template. My question is this: If you are using an alien/species that is already established in the DW Universe do you need to fill out the Alien Creation Template? To me, it looks like this template is for Original Alien Creations, but I could be wrong. I was planning on having my character be a renegade Ferutu (an already established species). Also I have noticed that no Time Lords/Ladies are allowed - which is fine. Would a Ferutu character be acceptable as they are somewhat similar to Time Lords? (They are a humanoid species from an alternate universe spoken of and described only in Novels).

2) Images. Does the image have to be of our actual selves? Or can it be an image of someone else used with permission (if we like their likeness as it relates to our character)? Or can it be a drawing/artistic rendering?

Those are my main pressing questions. Also, is there a rules listing anywhere on here? If so, I can't seem to find it.

Thank you very much! I look forward to role playing with everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: New - have some questions    New - have some questions  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 4:57 am

The second question I can answer, you do not need to take a picture of yourself, it can be one off the internet, but it your character closely resembles yourself, yes you can take a photo. Also, it can be a drawing or a rendering. With the alien creation template, I would have to check that up for you. If your character is human, I don't think you need to fill in the alien creation template Smile

I hope that helps…and sorry for not being that useful on the first question…Smile
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: New - have some questions    New - have some questions  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 10:34 am

Alright.

So, Brax was spot on for the picture. So that's good. Now here's how the alien creation works:

Anyone playing a human does not need to make one.

Anyone playing a canon alien does not need to make one.

Anyone playing an original species DOES need to make one.

Anyone playing an original species that HAS ALREADY BEEN CREATED AND APPROVED doesn't need to make one.

Does that help? Also - I know the alien you're talking about is canon - or so I'm assuming, because you've mentioned the novels - but could you please post a quick alien creation form for it? You honestly wouldn't NEED to, but it'd help a bit with approving your character, seeing as I  haven't heard of it and you did say it was similar to a Time Lord so...

... Did that help? >.>
Back to top Go down
Voileen
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: New - have some questions    New - have some questions  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 12:14 pm

It does! Thank you so much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New - have some questions    New - have some questions  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New - have some questions
Page 1 of 1