Let's Start a Riot!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

Let's Start a Riot! Empty
PostSubject: Let's Start a Riot!   Let's Start a Riot! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:41 pm

((Closed to Nat and I))

July 4, 1776. Cardiff

"Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"You worry too much, George! Of course it's a good idea!"

The black haired teen watched as his new friend, an insane youth that claimed to be an alien from the future, dragged a gigantic wire from his box (which he called a TARDIS for some reason. Honestly, who came up with that name?) to what looked like a pile of metal a few meters away. He claimed to be showing him how to make a spacial wormhole generator, but since George didn't even know what an electrical wire was, the demonstration was fairly lost on him.

"And then you have to connect this wire...here..." The Timelord fiddled with a lot of different parts on the crude machine, which was certainly more than just connecting a wire. After a few moments of doing who knows what to the machine, Theta stepped back and gave the other man a grin.

"Ready?"

"Uhhh, for what?"

"To see the signing of the Declaration of Independence in America, that's what!"

"Wait, the colonies are declaring their independence?!?"

Ignoring George's question, Theta kicked the side of his spacial wormhole generator. It sprung to life with a flash of light, and true to its name, a small, door sized wormhole appeared above the generator. Theta's happy and excited look turned to one of annoyance. Curious, George walked over to stand in front of the machine. What he saw on the other side of the wormhole confused him. Metal beasts roaring by, vibrant clothes that seemed to bright to be real, women wearing pants...

"Is that the colonies?"

"No! Of course not! Don't be silly, George. It's stupid old Cardiff, 2014. Wellll, not that stupid, because I happen to like the 20th century, but it's stupid because it's not America like the wormhole's supposed to lead to!"

((Ugh, it's been months since I last wrote anything T.T please excuse any bad writing on my part))

Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Let's Start a Riot!   Let's Start a Riot! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 6:00 pm

Avril sighed in annoyance, crossing her arms as she was shoved out of the book shop. 'I didn't light anything on fire, you can get your hands off, now, thank you!' Spinning around, she glared at the older man, so very tempted to reach out and snatch the glasses off his nose. 'You're not welcome here. Come back again and I'll call the cops, I will.' Rolling her eyes, Avril simply flicked the man between the eyes and skipped off. What an uneventful morning. Nothing had combusted and she wasn't in any real trouble, yet. And it was already 10. Well... what about that one school for the arts down the block? Not very big, easy enough to mess up, at least. Why not? She'd always wondered if paint could catch fire...

Before she'd even remembered where it was, a sort of... hole... began to form in front of her. Frowning, she took a few steps back, nearly ready to bolt, before realizing that it was opening to something. Oh... 'kay...? Folding her arms, she hurried back and poked her head in, taking a look around. Well this couldn't be natural. 'Is there a reason the 16th century has made a jump to the 21st? Or no... 15th? I should have paid more attention in history.' Stepping through what she would have called a portal, she immediately spotted the blue box a few yards away. 'Oh not you, too. I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark and say you're another companion, because you're way to young to be a Doctor.' She strolled over and poked the kid in the bowtie, guessing him to be the one in the wrong time.

Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

PostSubject: Re: Let's Start a Riot!   Let's Start a Riot! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 7:20 pm

((O-O you would burn down a School for the Arts? T.T why???))

Both George and Theta turned away from their conversation at the sound of Avril's voice, identical looks of surprise and confusion on their faces. George was the first one to speak.

"Mister Theta, why is that woman wearing pants?"

Theta frowned in irritation, only now registering the 21st century human's words. Companion, not the Doctor... she thought he was the Doctor's companion! Insulting much? He spoke in a harsh, snappy voice that plainly showed his displeasure.

"Don't worry about it, George, it's a 21st century thing. They're weird like that. But more importantly than pants..." Theta stormed up to Avril, halting right in front of her and jabbing her in the forehead "Oi! Who gave you the right to judge my age? I'm probably older than you, missy!" His frown morphed from one of anger to thoughtfulness as something occurred to him. She knew the Doctor? It wasn't that uncommon, and he ran into two or three new people each (TARDIS) year that knew one or more versions of his counterpart, but whenever he met someone new, chaos usually followed...

Inside his mind, Theta smiled a small, wicked grin that couldn't herald anything good. Brilliant. He loved adventure. Maybe seeing the signing of the Declaration of Independence could wait, then...

Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Let's Start a Riot!   Let's Start a Riot! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 9:58 pm

Avril raised an eyebrow, poking the boy right back. 'I'm pretty sure that a 15 year old kid is younger than I am. Unless, by stepping through that portal, I'm magically negative 1000 something. I win.' Smirking, she stepped out and spun dramatically, arms outstretched. 'Not everyday something like this happens. Thought I stopped with the dreams about space, but hey, whatever.' Shrugging, she moved to lean against the big box - which she thought could only be a police box, but it was dreamland, so nevermind - and eyed George. 'Now, this is different. Usually when I'm dreaming about this sort of thing, its about things I know quite a bit about, but I honestly don't have a clue what's going on. So! Anyone have an explanation?' For a moment, she reminded herself that these people were in her head and couldn't know much more than she did, but it had been a while since she'd lucid dreamed and she wasn't used to the feeling.

Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

PostSubject: Re: Let's Start a Riot!   Let's Start a Riot! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 7:04 pm

Theta blinked in surprise, rubbing the spot Avril poked him. He always poked others, but never had he been poked back in such a similar way. The girl was fiery! She reminded him a bit of Sonya, though this girl was a little... ruder. Theta walked over to stand in front of where Avril was leaning against his TARDIS, which was currently in a blue police box form, since he had visited 1963 right before he had come to 1776.

"Now wait a second, what gave you the crazy idea that I'm 15? I was 15 years ago!" What made her think that he was 15? He'd be tiny if he was 15! ...wait a second. Human years. That made more sense...but still! 15!

"Honestly, I'm just as confused as you are, miss" said George, also being unaware of his friend's true age.

"What's there to be confused about? We're in 1776, and that's 2014" Theta pointed to the wormhole "A rude girl just came up and insulted my age, and I'm setting her straight" he shrugged, adding under his breath "humans don't ever understand anything..."

Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Let's Start a Riot!   Let's Start a Riot! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 8:42 pm

Avril had to stifle a laugh. 'I don't think it counts as setting me straight just by protesting. Usually that would involve proving me wrong first. And, you have yet to tell me what's going on with the Doctor. This is his box, yeah? So where's he gone?' Smirking in satisfaction, she stuck her hands in her pockets and took a look around for a moment, trying to figure out where she was. Of course, it was 1776, she got that, but this place was a bit fancy, wasn't it? Oh hold on... 'No way...' Turning back to face the older man, a mad grin slowly formed on her face. 'George. As in King George. Not sure if I should bow or not. Or whatever it is people do. Did. Ugh, time travel. Anyway - nice to meet you, I suppose?' A moment ago she was going to try to find something fun to blow up, just to say she did, but now she was a bit more wary. Didn't feel like getting thrown in a dungeon.

'So! Age, box, Doctor, portal thing. And I'm sure your friend here has some questions, don't you Kingy?' Casting a glance back, she noticed he didn't appreciate the title much. Well alright then. Shaking her head in slight disappointment, she folded her arms and tapped her foot on the ground, deciding today was the day to be extra dramatic.

Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

PostSubject: Re: Let's Start a Riot!   Let's Start a Riot! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:10 pm

Theta put his head in his hands, deciding he didn't really like this girl very much. He liked people who he could rant to, or who he could have an intelligent conversation with, but with this girl, it seemed he could do neither. And to top it all off, Avril was a human younger than he, and he was being looked down upon, which Theta hated with a passion. He had gotten enough of that on Gallifrey, where even in the Academy, most were older than him.

Theta removed his hands from his face, taking a deep breath and trying to calm down. He held up a finger.

"One, I am thirty-seven, not fifteen" he held up another finger "Two, that is my TARDIS, not the Doctor's" he held up a third finger "And three, George here isn't actually the king, he's an alien with identity issues" he turned to George "Sorry George, I was going to tell you, but it never seemed the right time for it. You're actually a big chameleon lizard thing in disguise, but your neural system is so screwed up right now that you're stuck like this. Sorry!"

George blinked slowly in confusion.

"What?"

((George's reaction=My reaction after seeing what I just wrote XD I honestly didn't plan for that to happen...it just sorta did))

Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Let's Start a Riot!   Let's Start a Riot! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 11:20 am

Avril just stared. 'Hm. Thirty seven? That's a bit young for a Time Lord, but alright.' She shrugged, moving over to poor Georgie and slinging an arm over his shoulders. 'But you still haven't told me why you were making a portal. I don't think it was going to help his "identity issues", was it? Were you even going to let him in your med bay? Assuming you have one, that is.' Patting George on the head, she moved to inspect his TARDIS, starting to form more questions than he'd probably be willing to answer. 'Do you all just travel in the same box? Seriously, that is the strangest ship I've ever heard of...'

((IM SORRY BUT I DUNNO WHAT TO SAY o-o))

PostSubject: Re: Let's Start a Riot!   Let's Start a Riot! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's Start a Riot!
Page 1 of 1