Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Hidden Behind Paperback I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Hidden Behind Paperback I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Hidden Behind Paperback I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Hidden Behind Paperback I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Hidden Behind Paperback I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Hidden Behind Paperback I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Hidden Behind Paperback I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Hidden Behind Paperback I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Hidden Behind Paperback I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Hidden Behind Paperback I_vote_lcapHidden Behind Paperback I_voting_barHidden Behind Paperback I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Hidden Behind Paperback I_vote_lcapHidden Behind Paperback I_voting_barHidden Behind Paperback I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Hidden Behind Paperback

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Hidden Behind Paperback Empty
PostSubject: Hidden Behind Paperback   Hidden Behind Paperback I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 7:40 pm

John Bell, a professor at a local state college in New York City, stood on a stage, lecturing his class on general astronomy, flipping through power point slides with the click of his personal clicker. In the center row, sat Lucas, a student at the state college for the past three and a half years and only one semester away from his very own AA.This should be easy. If i just take this class, it'll be another three credits..only a few more weeks and i'll be done with this damned place Lucas had thought to himself at the beginning of the semester, however now, halfway through he was showing regrets. His grades were slipping along with his head as he tried to stay awake during the overwhelmingly boring lecture his professor was giving. Drool slid from the edge of his lip down to his, open, textbook, splattering across the page and covering it in moister upon impact. But something else also happened. The page glowed a faint orange, then it faded, then glowed again. Lucas forced up his eyelids as the light began to catch his attention, "Wha..." he mumbled, rubbing his eyes as the book began to glow even brighter.

Suddenly, a light surrounded Lucas and within a blink of an eye, his body was sent roaring into the page, fusing with it. Leaving behind a bone chilling wind and his chair spinning. The girl sitting behind Lucas propelled from her chair, one hand covering her mouth, the other pointing to the now empty seat as she screamed.

5 hours Later....

The Doctor stood outside of the meeting room in the UNIT headquarters, his arms and legs crossed as he leaned up against the wall next to the door. "They usually let me in unless it's really really important...wonder what it could be" Osgood commented, looking up at The Doctor from across the hall, The Doctor nodded with a sniff as he glanced up at the ceiling, "What's more important than an attack from Zygons?" he replied. Suddenly the door opened and Kate stepped out, quickly shutting the door behind her, her eyes immediately shifting to The Doctor, "Doctor..we're going to need you in New York...America". The Doctor raised his eyebrows, "Yes yes i know. But one moment a kid is reading about the stars and the next moment we find his body hung on the international space station..we have two more confirmed cases. One was reading about the Maya civilizations and the other about anomalies in the Bermuda triangle..their bodies have yet to be found". The Doctor nodded, "Well then.." he began, "You want answers then search the best pieces of knowledge ever created...we're going to the New York Public Library" he replied with a sudden grin springing up on his face.
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
5th Doctor
Student
Student
5th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Behind Paperback   Hidden Behind Paperback I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 8:46 pm

"Perhaps if you weren't a greedy, single-minded buffoon you would have realized that you were working with someone who was under the influence of a hallucinogenic mushroom and not the normal political mule." The Doctor gave the old man a look of distain as he stood in front of his desk. The old man seemed shocked and speechless at this complete stranger who not even five minutes ago stormed into his office with what looked like a rubber mask of the company CEO and the stumbling, shambling zombie of the manager.

The old man was eyeing the Doctor quietly, casually observing the rubber mask, mumbling softly to himself. Then his gaze ran over to the mindless fool who was dribbling and giggling in the shiny leather chair that sat adjacent to his desk. He seemed to be preoccupied with imaginary butterflies or birds or something that seemed to be flying around his head. "Well? Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

The old man, whose name placard said William Collard, had nothing to say, nothing to rebuttle. He saw his colleague disappear in front of his eyes. Nothing in his life could have ever prepared him for this horribly unusual twist of fate. The Doctor sighed, grabbed the rubber mask, and left the office building entirely. He took a deep breath as he walked outside, reveling in the freshness of the spring air.

It wasn't often that the Doctor visited America, but he thoroughly enjoyed visiting New York City. Most average citizens didn't take kindly to a man walking around with celery on his lapel, but he often loved that he could blend in with a crowd of people who seemed to like the fancy dress. But one of his favorite things to do in New York was to visit the Public Library.

Libraries, he often thought, were the culmination of knowledge and power. He felt that libraries housed some of the best weapons in the world: books. He loved the antique smell of the paper combined with the intense brainpower brought on by the digestion of thought and ideas. There weren't too many things in the galaxy quite like it. Even a millennia later when the largest library in the galaxy opened up and dedicated an entire country to New York's Public Library, the scent replicators couldn't quite get that human element to it.

Luckily, the library was only a short walk from the office building he was at. Within moments the Doctor was at the front steps of the New York Public Library. He took the sight in; it had been ages since he had last visited. The stone lions still had that ferocious roar immortalized forever, glaring their teeth for the world to see. Of course they had age stains from the acid rain, but that's age. Time does that to you. It does it to all of us.

The Doctor felt a smile breeze across his face, and he raced inside.
Back to top Go down
http://chestertonorchatterton.tumblr.com
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Behind Paperback   Hidden Behind Paperback I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 2:29 pm

The TARDIS hummed as it flew across the Atlantic Ocean, the wind flowing through the open doors and hitting The Doctor's hair as he sat on the edge, letting his legs dangle off the edge. America quickly came into view, the ports, the departing and docking ships moving slowly past the TARDIS. Weaving in and out of the ship docking bay, the TARDIS suddenly shot up, giving The Doctor a full view of the city. The Doctor smirked before the TARDIS shot down, causing him to fall back and grip hold of the doors as he tried to pull himself up, "Oi! Not so fast!" he exclaimed, finally getting to his feet just in time to slam the doors shut behind him and lean up against them. Racing over to the control console, The Doctor bolted around the controls, flipping switches and pressing buttons before finally yanking down the main lever with authority.

The TARDIS disappeared from the New York skyline with three groans and with another three, appeared just outside of the public library, right next to one of the stone lions standing outside of the steps of the library. Stepping outside, The Doctor took in the smells and sounds almost immediately, his smile growing with each second. Shutting the door behind him, The Doctor turned to the library, looming behind him, "New York public library!" he exclaimed, "Brilliant..not as good as the library of alexandria but..still..". Sauntering up the steps, The Doctor nonchalantly placed his hands into his pockets as he entered the library, taking in the majestic atmosphere with a grin, "Let the work begin".
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
5th Doctor
Student
Student
5th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Behind Paperback   Hidden Behind Paperback I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:45 pm

As the Doctor pushed open the doors of the decades old establishment, he was instantly greeted by a bright glare of white marble, polished to a mirror finish. Centuries old paintings hung on the walls, decorating the walls with cherubs, angels, and Philistines, lending an atmosphere of regality and no-nonsense to the massive lobby that he now stood in.

The lobby itself was hustling and bustling with people of all shapes and sizes. Parents reading to their children, students cramming for exams, casual tourists. There were people running up the stairs and down the stairs, across the lobby, and in one place. Movement was all around him. "Learned chaos has never looked so good," he found himself chuckling out loud.

After taking in the slightly overwhelming sight, he charged forward into the library itself. The aroma of aged paper combined with the sound of flipping pages surrounded the Doctor. He found himself getting excited, resulting in a quickened pace. He had no idea where he was going, but he knew he was in a safe enough place that it wouldn't result in terror or monsters. At least he hoped....

At last he found himself in the fiction section between Cooley and Darsmuth. He entered the aisle and began to browse the books, letting his mind wander until he found a book that spoke to him. Something that called to him on a massive level of intrigue. "Ah HA! There you are." Somewhere tucked between two massive volumes of nonsense was the book that he longed for the most: Ten Little Indians...or And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie.

It's been ages since i've read this! he thought. He brought the book over to the rather large reading area, took off his jacket, and began to delve into the world of Christie.

Ten Little UNIT boys
Went out to Dine.
One choked his little self and then there were nine...

The Doctor read and reread that first stanza over and over again. UNIT boys? Shouldn't it be soldier boys? The Doctor's hearts quickened their pace. What could it mean by UNIT boys? Agatha Christie shouldn't even know about UNIT, let alone be talking about them. He glanced around the room. People were reading, continuing their daily tasks. Nobody noticed the Doctor get up and circle the room. No one seemed to notice anything. Nothing seemed normal anymore....
Back to top Go down
http://chestertonorchatterton.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Behind Paperback   Hidden Behind Paperback I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hidden Behind Paperback
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Open RP's-
Jump to: