Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Dysfunction~ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dysfunction~   Dysfunction~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 12:34 pm

Stuffing his hands into his pockets, Dageus fought back the urge to sooth the woman as she suddenly sparked with sadness, catching him completely off guard. The woman was certainly a storm with her emotions, going through them quickly, changing from one to another at the slightest thing. Turning his head to the side, he tried to focus on something else, anything else beside her slim frame beside him. "Come." He uttered gruffly, pulling out a chair for her to sit in before seating himself across from it, beside Makale and picking up the mug in front of him, draining half of it's contents before setting it back down on the table.

"Dageus, manners." Samantha admonished him as she finished setting the table and seated herself beside her husband, a slight warning in her eyes as she darted them between Ramona and her cousin. Grimacing in her direction, the bigger man ducked his head, slightly cowed by her reprimand before picking up a fork and twirling it between his fingers idly, thoughts turned inward once more while he waited for the meal to be served.

Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Dysfunction~   Dysfunction~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 1:02 pm

Once they had all be settled comfortably, or uncomfortably, into their chairs, another woman entered the room with what she assumed was the main meal. It was mere moments before the table was littered with steaming entrees and making Ramona drool despite not being hungry. She bit her lip and watched as everyone else dug in, Dageus apparently being scolded by Samantha every few minutes for some misdemeanor. Whatever, Ramona looked away and shimmied back in the large chair to wait for the food storm to pass.

Time seemed to go so slow, more than once she almost reached for food out of a barely-there desire to try at least some of it. It smelled exquisite but she dared not, even going so far as to sit on her hands as the others ate. The little boy Calen proved to have quite the mouth on him and a motor fueled by the food he inhaled. Samantha chided him near constantly throughout the entire ordeal, Dageus and the other male looked on and laughed before being gotten onto themselves. It was disgusting. Ramona blanched and focused elsewhere if not for the sake of her sanity. At last chairs scraped the floor and she jumped, pushing back from the table to stand alongside Samantha, whom had risen and taken both hers and Calen's plates. Ramona immediately turned honey-glazed eyes onto Dageus, expression expectant, practically screaming for some form of escape from the madness that was this Scottish family. She was not Scottish. She was American and she had been raised as thus, which was not nearly as mushy as this.

Her knuckles turned white as she pulled the towel as tight as it would go, straining to keep herself from just running off. He was big, stronger than her, but she could outrun him with ease.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Dysfunction~   Dysfunction~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 1:10 pm

Sensing her eyes boring into his skull, Dageus turned to his cousin and murmured under his breath. "I suspect the lass is impatient. Leave us alone for an hour, aye?" He asked quietly, grey eyes flicking over in Ramona's direction before back to Makale's face meaningfully. Casting a thoughtful look over in Ramona's direction, he nodded quietly before gathering his son and wife to him and heading towards the back of the keep, leaving the two of them alone.

Clearing his throat awkwardly, Dageus looked over at Ramona, his grey eyes watching her warily before turning and walking from the room, intent on finding something stronger to drink than ale if he planned on spilling his story to this woman. Wandering into the greatroom once more, he strode towards the cabinet and opened the doors, his eyes flicking over the crystal containers before lighting on one set on the top shelf, half filled with a dark liquid he knew well. Taking a tumbler from the bottom, he filled it to the brim with rum and took a swallow to steady himself.

He'd faced down armies, dealt with sword and arrow wounds alike, even faced down the king himself when he threatened to take his brother's right as Laird away from him. But he'd never felt nervous as he did now during any of those times, the small woman he ran into, one he couldn't explain away no matter how hard he tried to, caused his nerves to be on end, jumpy and worried even. With a low sigh, he turned and settled himself into the armchair beside the fire once more, tumbler in hand and twitching about in the seat before settling into it in a forced look of comfort. "So, I suspect ye want an explanation for what ye saw earlier, aye?"

Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Dysfunction~   Dysfunction~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 1:20 pm

Ramona watched him, like a hawk. Followed every twitch, every shift of his lips to the other man, even the twitchy nature to have befallen him. She never once looked away, for he was unfortunately the only thing chaining her down to earth, that and learning his secret. A secret that, the more she rolled it around her mind, she wondered if she really wanted to know. The culture of these peoples differed so greatly from hers, the images that still fluttered about her subconscious were confusing and aggravating, making her chest tight. Of course she wanted to know, she wanted to know about the thousand year old Scotty that breathed alcohol and exuded warmth and safety. For although she felt no like for him there was no way to deny that he was indeed a guardian soul, reaching out to protect those in need, a steady hand on the reins. Ramona swallowed, and followed his lead, being led into an adjacent room that jumped with rogue shadows as a fire billowed at the forefront.

The man called Dageus poured himself some alcoholic drink and for the first time since waking up she nearly asked for one herself. 'No,' she blocked the want and pressed it down. Anything spiked would only make things worse, and she suspected that it was going to be bad without it. Every passing second caused her body to alight with pin-pricks of caution, fear, and suspense. The hair on her arms and neck chasing thrills of excitement down her spine as she released the towel and let it drop away. "Spill it king-kong." she practically thrummed with life, adrenalin scorching trails of need through her veins, a feeling she had thought extinguished after his abandonment. Suddenly it was alive and very tangible in the air.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Dysfunction~   Dysfunction~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 1:27 pm

"First, tell me what ye know of the Druids." Dageus said cautiously, eying her over the rim of the tumbler he held to his lips. He refused to rush blindly into any situation, 'only fools would tred water without testing them first.' As his father used to say of any situation, snorting softly to himself, he took a drink of the rum, silently thanking the burn as it slid down his throat and warmed his skin, giving him a false sense of bravery. Only a woman could cause him to feel as if he didn't belong in his own skin from looking at her alone, it was obvious she didn't trust him, but the way she saw him disturbed the highlander more than anything. As if he planned on killing her for saying the wrong thing. He was big, but hardly a brute.

"Tell me what ye know, and I'll explain what you don't." He added, dangling the information in front of her like a lure in hopes of drawing her from the shell she seemed to surround herself with in order to keep everyone out. He recognized it easily, the same shell he used to wear in similar situations when he first arrived in this time, to keep everyone away, from finding anything out about him. "Come, Lass. Sit down, ye might as well. The story is hardly a short one."

Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Dysfunction~   Dysfunction~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 1:38 pm

What she had expected was a fulfilling tale of heartbreak, foreign drama, and something about dragons that for some reason she decided she wanted to hear. What she got was a question about druids, druids? What was a druid? An image was drawn from the boiling waters of her pond and Ramona was faced with someone who might have been a wizard, but he faces were all wrong and made no sense. Just like the rest of him. She took a cautious step back, taking hints from the signals he himself sent her as he hid decidedly behind his glass. He was going to play coy with her, tease her with what she wanted, and she did not like that.

Ramona scowled bluntly and bore fists at her sides, eyebrows furrowed heavily. "What the fack is a druid?" she snapped "What does that have to do with you being a billion years old? Or swords, and dragons, what about the dragons!?"
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Dysfunction~   Dysfunction~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 1:48 pm

At her words, Dageus hid a smile behind another hearty swallow of rum before setting the glass aside and leaning forward, arms resting on his knees as he studied her silently for a moment longer. "Lass, I'm hardly a million years old, I've reached my 27th year just three months past." He corrected her, picking at the easiest thing to explain before going farther. With a low sigh, he reached up and passed a hand through his hair in near frustration, trying to think of the best way to tell her. "I hail from the 1500's, lass. A druid by blood, 'tis hard to wrap the mind around, I know." He said idly, his gaze shifting over to the flickering fire beside him, deep in thought before continuing on.

"Druids were men of magic, passed from generation to generation, the males of a single bloodline would possess these powers. The father charged with the duty of teaching his sons how to control and use them for the right reasons." He continued, his voice falling into an easy lull, the images he spoke of appearing in his head while he spoke. "My da taught me everything he knew, and when he couldn't teach me anymore, I found books in the library to teach me more. 'Tis wrong of me to say, but he knew less than our ancestors only a hundred years past." Falling silent for a moment, he blinked at the flames as they leaped up, crackling loudly as the wood burnt hotly.

"Da never knew what I had done, learned tricks and powers I shouldna known for a lad my age. Barely past my 18th year, I knew more than he and his da before him. Including the secret of time." At that, Dageus turned to look back at Ramona, pain evident in his face as the memory resurfaced once more from his story. "He was furious at what I had learned, forbade me from using the power in order to travel. The stones meant for the magic were banned from me, He wouldna let me near them on any day after that."

Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Dysfunction~   Dysfunction~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 12:05 pm

He was obviously not keen on long winded explanations, for she felt more than knew that he was leaving a lot to the side. He was gauging her reaction if the occasional peek from his glass told her anything, Ramona pursed her lips and digested the information that he had shared. Druid, what a funny name that reminded her of trees and long leaves, even elves cropped up in her mind, but not the magic-bearers that he explained. She could not deny though, that during his explanation there was a sense of better understanding surrounding the foreign memories and images. They did not feel so alien and yet were more so than before, this man described a livelihood she had never figured a possible truth. It was the stuff of story books indeed and she had always loved a good story, she had found it was and easy way to explain the strangeness of her travels with the doctor. Just a character in her own book and he was the leading voice in her head, Ramona stiffened.

"So you're an alien then? A thousand year old alien that can leap through time using stones?" She purposefully insisted on this for if she was going to get the answers she truly desired than she was going to have to annoy him first. Now he was simply cautious, watchful but not annoyed, this was a necessary thing to coax honesty to his lips. For only in anger did one sipping lies spit back the truth, and Ramona was- in her opinion- a master of such things.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Dysfunction~   Dysfunction~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 12:50 pm

Dageus furrowed his brow in confusion at what she said, his grey eyes darkening slightly as he tried to process what she meant. "Lass, I'm no more an alien than ye are." He finally said, taking a guess that alien meant different from her. Lifting his shoulders slightly, he shrugged and leaned back in the seat, his breath nearly exploding from his chest from exasperation. "I've explained what I can at this point." He went on after a long silence, his gaze turning back to the flames while he spoke, unable to see the distrusting look in her eyes any longer. "If ye have questions, best ask them now before the morrow." He added, lifting the glass and taking another swallow before returning to his feet and walking back over to the liquor cabinet.

The woman was infuriating to no extent, insisting he was this alien of sorts. Shaking his head, he held back a snort and poured himself another glass from the bottle. She saw the memories, he knew this for a fact. Yet she insists on not seeing what they really are. "But if ye continue to insist that what I say are lies, then ye know where the door is." Dageus muttered, unable to keep the bite from his voice as he finished his second drink in one swallow. It stung him to think she thought him to be dishonest, honor was ingrained into his blood, nearly impossible to go against anymore.

Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Dysfunction~   Dysfunction~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 1:33 pm

She laughed an actual laugh, short and disbelieving. "Quit acting like a kicked puppy," ramona snorted, waving a hand at the mans disgruntled threats. It was then that she decided he truly thought himself to be telling the truth, a little dismayed that he would be so dense. Magic was not real, the name and the meaning were, but magic itself was not. What would have been magic to this man was a very skilled interpretation of dark matter, which by some means had been moulded into a usable energy in his time. The very idea that those in the fifteen-hundreds could wield dark matter while they in the modern day could hardly fathom it was astounding. In her opinion she had been traveling the stars long enough to know the darn difference, and she doubted he would believe her without a deeper explanation. Something she refused to put up with. Rolling her eyes the woman finally broke her stance and allowed shoulders to slump just the slightest, the muscles along her spine growing taught and aching from the stress.

"You misunderstand me mister druid man, when I say alien I assure you I'm referring to extraterrestrials. And stop-" She lifted a hand to quell whatever agitation may have flared at her blatant accusation. Now making him understand was the hard part, especially when there was so much she could not tell him, "For one I never once implied that you were lying, so get over yourself. Two, in the grand-scheme of things sir you are in fact ranging around fifteen-hundred years old by proxy alone, though physically yes, you're only twenty-seven as you say." Ramona kept her hand raised although far from offering a peace treaty of any sorts. If he was as unwilling to hear her out as he was to let the air out of his butt than there was very little she could do. Against her better judgment the petite creature narrowed her eyes, fingered her braid and revealed a little bit more "Ramona, my name..."
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Dysfunction~   Dysfunction~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 9:15 pm

Dageus perked up at the mention of her name, a broad smile appearing on his face as he brushed aside her other thoughts. "Ramona... 'Tis a beautiful name." He murmured thoughtfully, a finger running along the rim of his glass idly while he spoke. "An' to your other statements, I am not this alien you think me to be. 'Tis a simple highlander from the 1500's, nothing more." He added wryly, grey eyes nearly dancing in amusement when he looked up to study her face. "Ye can believe me or ye can walk out the door. 'Tis no pain to me, what I tell ye is the truth. I can show ye even."

At that, he stood up and walked towards the back wall, away from the light of the fire and began searching the bookshelves lined there before coming back with an old leather-bound book tucked under an arm. "Come, let me show ye what I mean." Holding out a hand, he smiled gently, understanding sparking in his gaze as he looked Ramona over once more. What he told the lass was more than she was prepared to hear, no wonder she spouted such nonsense about aliens.

Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Dysfunction~   Dysfunction~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 2:04 pm

The varying emotions so free on his face was unnerving and Ramona found herself wont to accept his peace offering. She had taxed him enough that he would be fine if she vanished, and she decided, after hearing what he had to say- that she would. Despite the puzzle slowly coming together, she was still sufficiently frightened of Dageus and to remain in his company anymore than need be was against better judgment. No doubt they would meet again, if her past encounters were anything to go by. She had the most irritating feeling that this would not be the end, and that thought alone pulled her lips into a tight line as she stepped forward. One step, two step, suddenly she was by his side and leaning up to face him and the book he held. Wielding the tome like some sacred object, she hoped it would help her more than his own pitiful explanations.

She doubted that she would ever not be used to the long-winded chatter of the doctor.

"I'm all ears" he seemed to assume that she held countenance like a delicate flower, the way his eyes- blue as a clear sea- gazed over her. She was a woman, she deserved to be treated as such; respect, honesty, chivalry... his strangeness was a bright red 'A' on his shoulder. Even as she pondered the idea of actually stitching him a blood-red 'A,' Ramona pushed some hair behind her ear and let her mind wander until he was ready to imbue her with this 'sacred text.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Dysfunction~   Dysfunction~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 12:52 pm

Dageus hesitated for a moment before turning and leading Ramona from the room and down the back hallway, flicking on the lights as he walked along until he came to a stop beside a large, oak door, his expression unreadable as he looked up at it. Glancing over at Ramona, he flashed her a quick smile before pushing it open and stepping into the dark room, a hand automatically reaching out to flick the switch on beside the door and casting the large area into relief.

Paintings lined the walls, all of men, all very old. Pulling the book out from under his arm, Dageus strode towards the back of the room, thumbing through the pages idly before coming to a stop and glancing up at the painting in front of him, a sharp pain searing him through the chest at the sight of his family before everything had gone wrong. Reaching up, he touched the paint lightly, his gaze drifting over his own face to his brothers and father's wistfully. It had been too long since he saw them, heard their voices or laughter.

"This was made in 1524, Lass. The date and painter is written clearly in the corner here..." He finally said, his hand moving over to the side to point out the year and name in the bottom right corner. "'Tis no recreation, nor is it a forgery. I remember the day it was made. The painter tried to have us move outside, but Scotland... She is rather temperamental, the rains wouldna let up for even a moment." Chuckling lightly, he recalled the painter's stormy expression the entire time he worked. Was as if he had a favorite toy taken from him and never returned. Turning around, Dageus held out the open book for Ramona to see. "'Tis my da's journal, the date is the same as the one on the painting. Ye can see for yourself..."

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dysfunction~   Dysfunction~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dysfunction~
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Closed RP's-
Jump to: