Next Stop: Everywhere

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lea Henderson
Beginner
Beginner
Lea Henderson

Next Stop: Everywhere Empty
PostSubject: Next Stop: Everywhere   Next Stop: Everywhere I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 10:07 pm

((Closed to 10th Doctor and me))

Far away from Earth, galaxies and nebulae and countless stars away, lay the Xelton system. A trinary star system with planets that, someday, would host human colonies. But not yet. For now, Earth was the only home for the human race. And Xelton's planets spun undisturbed under their three suns.

In the middle of the system, right in the perfect zone for life, was Ardin Pheltar. On Ardin, something was stirring. Something dark was waking. Something that was creating a disturbance in time and space big enough to draw in a TARDIS like a moth to a flame, regardless of where her pilot may have wanted to go.

Meanwhile, on the TARDIS

Anywhere, the Doctor had said. Past or future, Earth or alien. Anywhere at all! Lea was almost dumbstruck at the reality of it. It was like being a kid in the biggest candy store in the world. Even though she, the Doctor, and Penelope had just stopped a disaster on Adipose 3, she was up for one more trip. Especially because this time, she got to choose.

With a big grin plastered all over her face, she turned to the Doctor. "Let's go to the future, on Earth," she said. "I want to see what the world is like, thousands of years from now. Can we?"
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Next Stop: Everywhere   Next Stop: Everywhere I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 5:33 pm

The Doctor chuckled, "Can we? That's like asking the TARDIS if it can fly through space or if i can calculate how many languages there are currently in the universe" he replied, allowing for a pause before concluding, "Of course we can!". Turning excitedly to the controls, The Doctor began to input the coordinates, "Let's see now. Earth..let's say the 24th Century, make it a bit interesting" he spoke aloud, glancing over to Leah with a smile as he yanked down the main lever.

Suddenly the TARDIS jerked to the side, nearly sending The Doctor to the rails if it weren't for his fast thinking in tightly grabbing the edge of the control console. Quickly extending his hand, he grabbed Leah's before she flew to the side then he turned his attention to the scanner. "Oh we're going in the future..but not Earth" The Doctor told Leah, glancing back over to her then to the time rotor, "We're going to the Xelton system". As quickly as it jerked away from The Doctor's set coordinates, the TARDIS stopped and a refreshing subtle hum began to echo through the control room.

The Doctor's breaths calm down as he stood up and pulled the scanner over to him and Leah, "Ardin Pheltar" he proclaimed, his eyebrow raised as he looked through the environment and atmospheric scans, "Pretty stable planet. Bit too many rocks but besides that..we should be fine as breathing goes" he concluded. Sniffing, The Doctor looked over to Leah, a grin quickly beginning to form, "Fancy taking a look?" he asked rhetorically, already knowing the answer as he rushed down the ramp and snagged his trench coat. Opening the door, The Doctor eased through as he quickly put on his coat and stepped out, his white converse immediately crushing on the rocky surface, his eyes meeting the skyline, "Oh...well then.." he mumbled.

Back to top Go down
http://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Lea Henderson
Beginner
Beginner
Lea Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Next Stop: Everywhere   Next Stop: Everywhere I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 6:22 pm

Lea slipped out of the TARDIS after the Doctor, closing the door behind her. It probably didn't bode well that the TARDIS had been knocked off course to land here, but it was exciting nonetheless. She stood by the Doctor's side and followed his gaze upon hearing his mumbling. She gaped openly at the horizon, unable to make sense of what she was seeing.

A menacing black haze spread out over the sky, obscuring its point of origin. Judging by the Doctor's reaction, this didn't look normal for Ardin. It didn't feel normal, either; the haze seemed wrong in a way that was overwhelming and instinctive.

"So," Lea said after a little bit. "I'm guessing that that's not supposed to happen." Which was probably the understatement of whatever century they'd landed in. She glanced back at the Doctor, hoping for some sort of explanation. "Are there lifeforms here that could be causing this?"
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Next Stop: Everywhere   Next Stop: Everywhere I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 9:17 pm

The Doctor took a few steps out, his eyes locked on the mysterious black haze before glancing down and over to Leah, "No.." he mumbled as he looked back, "If it were biomatter you would smell it..like a..secretion or something. Like a skunk when it sprays" he explained further. Sniffing, The Doctor stopped, paused in thought, then continued to step out. Rubbing the back of his head, The Doctor stopped for yet another moment, "I don't know" he mumbled, "Frantically it could be anything to be honest, i mean i haven't been to Ardin in years".

Thinking back to the last time he came to the planet, The Doctor smiled, "Bright green grass poking out through scattered red rocks. The mountains refilling the scatter with every rain fall from a billowing columbus cloud that loomed over the city" he described it, his eyes and mind wondering off in the past, "The capital city of Punpoush...". Suddenly he stopped, an idea ringing through his mind as he spun around with new found excitement and energy. "Punpoush!" The Doctor exclaimed, "If anyone knows what's going on then its them! This is the north ridge...well..could be south but..roughly..north. So that means we are...". Moving as he spoke, The Doctor stopped as he licked his finger and thrust it up into the air then brought it back down and stuck it into his mouth. His eyes widened before spinning around to face the TARDIS and pointed back behind it with authority. "Pinpoush that way!!" He proclaimed, glancing over to Leah with a grin, "You'd be amazed how much information you get from the air..especially the taste, you should try it sometimes..well..stray away from China on Earth though..confusing place if you travel by taste".

Back to top Go down
Lea Henderson
Beginner
Beginner
Lea Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Next Stop: Everywhere   Next Stop: Everywhere I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:41 pm

Lea couldn't help but laugh, despite the situation. "Not sure if my taste receptors are sensitive enough for that, but I'll keep it in mind, Doctor," she said. He could be completely ridiculous; the best part of it was that he seemed completely serious about it. Lea looked up at the sky and became solemn again. With this cloud hanging over them, it wasn't the time for it. "So," she continued, "how far away is Punpoush? Should we walk or call for trans-" Lea ended her sentence abruptly as something approached from behind a cluster of boulders.

It was the size of a large stallion and looked more or less like a hybrid between a deer, a tortoise, and a rock. It was the same red as the rocks surrounding them, with craggy, rough skin. Its back was somewhat armored, like a tortoise shell, but it had the graceful legs of a deer. It also, disconcertingly, had the face of a tortoise on a deer-like neck.

Lea backed away from it slowly. "Easy there," she crooned to the creature. It wasn't moving to attack and acted downright friendly, coming closer to them. It bumped its head gently into Lea's shoulder a few times. She came to a sudden realization and grinned at the Doctor. "I think we've got a way to get to Punpoush."
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Next Stop: Everywhere   Next Stop: Everywhere I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 2:50 pm

The Doctor looked out to the horizon of Ardin, his eyes moving across the mountains off in the distance before Leah's last words registered in his mind. Arching his eyebrow curiously, The Doctor turned around, "What are y-" he stopped as he laid eyes on the beast and a grin emerged on his face. "Looks like you've got a friend" He commented as he approached the beast, immediately it's head jerked up and it roared at him.

Taking two steps back and raising up his hands in defense, The Doctor glanced between the beast and Leah, "Make that..strictly your friend..." he mumbled, "Ponpoush is..give or take..an hour or two away from here. I can take the TAR-". Suddenly the groans and moans of the TARDIS engines kicked in and immediately grabbed The Doctor's attention. Peering over to it, The Doctor bolted over to its side, his eyes wide with horror, "No no no!!" he exclaimed. With each groan and moan, the TARDIS slowly began to disappear before finally it was gone and he was left alone with Leah and the beast. "Whenever the TARDIS senses danger on a critical level it will flee to the nearest star system..." The Doctor mumbled, turning back to the hovering and looming black cloud at the edge of the cave, "Whatever that is...whatever it is doing. We need to stop it...and quick".

Back to top Go down
Lea Henderson
Beginner
Beginner
Lea Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Next Stop: Everywhere   Next Stop: Everywhere I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 8:26 pm

Lea looked over at the spot where the TARDIS had just been standing and felt a stab of fear. If the ship had left without her pilot, things were dire indeed. She swallowed it down and looked over the beast that had approached them. "I think it's fast," she said. "It almost definitely wasn't around here a few minutes ago. If we can get it to give us a ride..." As she spoke, Lea was climbing onto the creature's back, using the ridges in its rocky skin as hand and footholds. It turned to look at her a few times but remained still.

Of course, she had no idea how to get it to move. It sure looked like a horse, but when she pressed her knees into its sides, nothing happened. Lea doubted that the creature even felt it. She tried tugging on its neck, scratching its head, and a few other ridiculous things before something else occurred to her. The idea was totally crazy, but they were on an alien planet with totally different lifeforms.

Concentrating only on the creature, Lea tentatively thought at it, sending an image of it walking forwards. She could have whooped for joy when it did exactly that. She showed it an image of running and then held on for dear life as it galloped forward a few yards before stopping it with another thought. She had it circle back to the Doctor.

"I guess I do have a new friend," she reported, grinning. "I dunno how, but I think it's mildly psychic. Let's get going." She extended a hand to the Doctor, hoping that the creature would be more affectionate this time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Stop: Everywhere   Next Stop: Everywhere I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Stop: Everywhere
Page 1 of 1