Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Charlotte Corday [done] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Charlotte Corday [done] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Charlotte Corday [done] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Charlotte Corday [done] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Charlotte Corday [done] I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Charlotte Corday [done] I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Charlotte Corday [done] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Charlotte Corday [done] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Charlotte Corday [done] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Charlotte Corday [done] I_vote_lcapCharlotte Corday [done] I_voting_barCharlotte Corday [done] I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Charlotte Corday [done] I_vote_lcapCharlotte Corday [done] I_voting_barCharlotte Corday [done] I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Charlotte Corday [done]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
War Doctor/Charlotte
Student
Student
War Doctor/Charlotte

Charlotte Corday [done] Empty
PostSubject: Charlotte Corday [done]   Charlotte Corday [done] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 5:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Charlotte Corday (Marie-Anne Charlotte de Corday d'Armont)

Species: Human
Occupation: Originally just a young lady of high breeding, later a moderate revolutionary and self-employed assassin. After being displaced in time, she works at Starbucks.
Status: She was a minor noble in France, but doesn't hold that title anymore.

::Appearance::
Hair: Chesnut-colored, its length is several inches beneath her shoulders but not yet reaching her waist.
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'4"
Figure: Average build. And by average I mean actually average. She's not overweight, but has some thickness and curviness to her. Of course, standards of beauty have changed between 1793 and now, but for both times she was fairly average.
Other: No tattoos or scars.
Clothing: She wears mostly long skirts or dresses, as close as she can get to petticoats and light corsets in the modern era. She often gets made fun of by her modern-era coworkers for her old-style fashion sense.

::Info::
Family: Her mother and her older sister died when she was a young child, and her father couldn't bear the grief so he sent Charlotte and her other sisters to a convent to learn and grow up. In 2014, Charlotte claims that her parents were killed in a shipwreck in the Atlantic and that she has no siblings.
Personality: When first meeting her, you'd immediately say she's acerbic, cynical, and most likely thinks you're an idiot. Also, that she's a snobby Frenchwoman. No, especially because she's a snobby Frenchwoman. But underneath that biting wit is a girl who's idealistic and emotional at heart, someone who wants to believe the world can be a better place, even as it keeps dealing her a steaming pile of merde. Her personality vacillates back and forth between grindingly snobby sophistication and incredible passion for what she believes in.
Strengths: Intelligent, passionate for a cause, a schemer, able to kill
Weakness: Antisocial, ruthless, prone to disobey orders
Dislikes: Tyranny, history books, Weeping Angels
Dream: Spreading liberty and stopping oppression, no matter what the cost to herself and to others. After the assassination of Marat failed to change the world, she feels like being transported to the modern day gives her a second chance to help the cause of justice.

History and RP section to come.

Last edited by Charlotte Corday on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mappingoutasky.blogspot.com
War Doctor/Charlotte
Student
Student
War Doctor/Charlotte

PostSubject: History, revised   Charlotte Corday [done] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 8:43 am

::History::

Born in 1768, Charlotte was mostly raised in a convent after her father gave up his daughters' care in light of the tragic deaths of their mother and older sister. Charlotte had no intention of taking up vows, but one thing she did take to in the nunnery was its vast library of philosophical and political books, which Charlotte devoured ravenously. Her political opinions lead her to join the revolutionaries when the French Revolution came, and due to her activism, her noble blood was overlooked and she was spared the guillotine. However, the radical Jacobin sect took power shortly after and began the bloody Reign of Terror. Charlotte was appalled at the massacres all throughout the country and feared her beloved France would fall to savagery, oppression, and ruin. What's a girl to do? Well, assassinate the most radical, despicable Jacobin leader, Marat, of course. Charlotte started training herself to fight and kill and, in 1793, slew Marat in his bathtub while he begged her to save him, "ma chère amie." Charlotte was tried, found guilty of murder, and sent to the guillotine, where she was beheaded. That is a fact of history.

So how did she find herself in 2014, head still firmly attached? The man charged with executing her, named Renard Pelletier, was in fact a time traveller from one of the various human planets colonized in the 52nd century (? whenever "The Time of Angels"/"Flesh and Stone" takes place), specializing in Weeping Angel research and attempted control. He brought an Angel specimen with him to revolutionary France in hopes of using its time-displacement power to save some people from being killed during the Reign of Terror. Since the Angel was brought from a time in the future, its displacement of people into the past actually manages to transport people into their futures, which is the Angel's past.

So when Pelletier pretended to prepare for her execution, he made sure to block her view of something, which she presumed to be the guillotine, and she demanded to be allowed to look at it. The executioner granted her request... what Pelletier was blocking was his Weeping Angel. Charlotte blinked and was displaced in time.

Charlotte sailed off to England and tried to start a new life working at Starbucks. She barely talked to anyone. They barely talked to her. But looming over her head is the inescapable fact of history: Charlotte Corday gets beheaded in 1793. Her death still waits for her.

Last edited by Charlotte Corday on Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Corday [done]   Charlotte Corday [done] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 9:13 am

I'm gonna stop you right there real quick - Weeping Angels rarely send a person forward in time. If you don't mind - and if you can, even, because it could be a tad difficult - go a bit more in depth on her incident? Maybe even the executioner, since he not only knew about angels, but had one under his control.

Other than that, the character's perfect. Add in the RP section and fix that part if you can and you'll be good.

-Nat of the Administrative Staff-
Back to top Go down
War Doctor/Charlotte
Student
Student
War Doctor/Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Corday [done]   Charlotte Corday [done] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 2:11 pm

Alright, history info expanded and RP sample below!

-----

Vashta Nerada. The darkness was everywhere, surrounding her little pool of light with a hunger that could only be satisfied by blood and flesh. Even the thought would have made her shudder, even if she hadn't seen the bones... Charlotte took a moment to catch her breath, retreating back a few more inches until her heels were pressed, hard, against the door of the shop. "Docteur!"

There he was, under the flickering street lamp. She opened her backpack and rummaged through for the "sonic," as he kept calling it. It could control the fire in the lamps--no, not fire anymore, "electricity"--and maybe get them both some more false sunlight. "Docteur, how do I create more light?" Can't be much harder than operating those dread coffee contraptions, she thought for a moment, then, on second thought, I have to get it to him.

Instead of the "electronic" torch, Charlotte pulled out the matchbook and lit a fire the way the she knew how. "I'm going to light something on fire, create a pathway!" After a moment of contemplation, she threw her raincoat into the dark expanse and dropped the match.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Corday [done]   Charlotte Corday [done] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 3:26 pm

Hm. You were meant to have your character make it across, but honestly, it wouldn't take more than one more sentence to add it in and there isn't much sense to it because I'd approve it anyway.

So, Approved ^^

-Nat of the Administrative Staff-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Corday [done]   Charlotte Corday [done] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charlotte Corday [done]
Page 1 of 1