Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Out of the frying pan...  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Out of the frying pan...  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Out of the frying pan...  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Out of the frying pan...  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Out of the frying pan...  I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Out of the frying pan...  I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Out of the frying pan...  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Out of the frying pan...  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Out of the frying pan...  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Out of the frying pan...  I_vote_lcapOut of the frying pan...  I_voting_barOut of the frying pan...  I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Out of the frying pan...  I_vote_lcapOut of the frying pan...  I_voting_barOut of the frying pan...  I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Out of the frying pan...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ClaudiaAltermann
Newb
Newb
ClaudiaAltermann

Out of the frying pan...  Empty
PostSubject: Out of the frying pan...    Out of the frying pan...  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 7:57 am

(This based heavily on historical events. Let me know what you think!)

"You can make a difference. You can free us from such tyranny. You can help Claudia and we need you"

The sentence rang throughout Claudia ears as she slowly approached the Oberkommando der Wehrmacht, a mixture of excitement, fear and nervousness boiled inside her. After being caught by the SS, Claudia was going to be sent off to a horrific concentration camp in the east until a Colonel stopped the SS from doing so after she openly expressed hatred in the Nazi's and recruited her to be part of a top secret coup, named Operation Valkyrie. Claudia had a variety of skills that made her useful to the plotters, shrewdness, carefully planning, knowledge of almost every communications device and forgery. That's how she'd survived for so long. She'd been trained for over 7 months now in various things, and learned even more a great deal of knowledge. Valkyrie would be the only thing to end the war, and finally stop the brutal butchering of her people by the Nazi's. She'd finally be able to live without harassment.

Claudia noted the number of Swastikas that surrounded the building, and the number of guards. She shivered. A young officer seemed to be manning the checkpoint, so she pulled up her skirt slightly and straightened out her tie, before pulling out a bunch of papers.

"Name" the officer said in a drab voice, obviously bored by his menial duties.

"Claudia Stuttgart" she replied handing him the forged papers. He barley glanced at them before opening the door for her. Claudia smiled and walked into one of the 'supposed' strongholds of the Nazi regime. As she walked up to the Colonel's office, she was met with the on look of young soldiers, whistling and winking towards her, she hadn't received attention like that in a long time, it made her blush slightly. Claudia tapped on the office door, which was full of people, and a young man with rather blonde hair quickly ushered her into the room.

"Ah, this our newest and one our important members Ms Altermann" announced Colonel Stauffenberg to everyone in the room. Claudia waved slightly and spat out a "Hello" before turning crimson. So many senior officials in one office. A voice piped up from the back of the room

"Can we trust her? She's just some stray that you found on the street" said a bald man in a suit

"Of course" Stauffenberg replied, "Not only is she highly intelligent, Ms Altermann has seen first hand on what the brutal leaders of our country have done to the people. She'll be directly involved in the operation, being my secretary and traveling with me to the Wolfsschanze. Claudia has extensive knowledge in forgery, and among other things shorthand, and communications. She'll be our voice, speaking across all of Germany, spreading the word. She's important and we need her."

Claudia walked into the center of the room standing closer to Stauffenberg, "I serve my people" she said loudly "Not the Fuhrer".

The bald man replied, "I hope we can Stauffenberg, for all our sake's. If the Gestapo or Abwehr get wind of this, we'll all end up in a ditch." Some people nodded and whispered quietly

Nervously she spoke up, "We'll only get one chance. If we don't take it, then we'll all pay. Our families, our neighbors, our friends. I know I've already lost mine. The allies will march through here wanting blood. The soviets will shoot anyone they see. We have to end it, before it's too late."

Many members of the plot clapped, and Claudia blushed once more, while the Colonel patted her shoulder.

"Tomorrow it begins, the end. Hitler's Germany will see it's last sunrise". Stauffenberg said, and swiftly everyone expect her and a few others, including the Colonel stayed. She took her post at her desk and quickly began typing up the plans as the others barked them to her. The young man with blonde hair from before entered the office once more and handed Claudia a small note. She read the words carefully, "Meet me tonight outside the Bendlerblock, at 9:30. DON'T BE LATE."She asked the man who it was from, and he answered it was a telegram. Claudia read it over and over, pondering on it's meaning, she felt rather confused. Who? Why? She decided to keep it hidden towards her fellow conspirators. Time flew by, once again she was briefed on the plans. She soon found herself looking for her coat, and heading for the door, Stauffenberg bid her goodnight.

"Thank you, I know I can rely on you." he said before shaking her hand once more

"For the people" she said softly before exiting the OKW HQ and heading out into the dark. Claudia promptly made her way to the Bendlerblock and saw a figure, cloaked in utter darkness. Was this it? The mystery person? Claudia slowly approached, suspecting a trap. "Hello?" she called out, the tension almost killing her.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan...    Out of the frying pan...  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 3:48 pm

"Not the friendliest of places," the Doctor commented to himself, locking the TARDIS doors behind him as he exited.

He straightened his jacket and looked around the darkened street. Nazi Germany was typically a place he liked to avoid. Practically every moment there was delicate, tied directly to the war's outcome. Even one person doing something as mundane as going to get groceries instead of heading to the barber's first could disturb the fragile timeline of the period. Beyond that, the urge to help, to do anything at all, was very strong. There was very little he could do for any of them.

For whatever reason, though, the TARDIS had brought him here, and it definitely wasn't for a vacation. The Doctor walked along the streets trying to figure it out, doing his best not to stand out. He scurried along like the rest of the city, ducked head and slumped shoulders, flinching if someone so much as stepped in a three-foot bubble surrounding him.

A shout burst through the air. That was more like it! The Doctor started to run towards the noise, shoving people out of his way. No one else even reacted. If it hadn't been so urgent, he would have been disappointed. People were so wrapped up in their own little lives that they couldn't be bothered to help.

Finally, he reached the source of the shout. A man lay by the side of the street. The Doctor knelt beside him and gently eased him on to his back. He was dying, there was no doubt about that, and a timeline was rupturing, spiderweb cracks racing through time.

"Look at me," the Doctor commanded, seizing the man's hand and staring into his eyes. "Look!"

The man coughed, a shudder running through his body, and tried to speak. The Doctor leaned closer.

"I--Bendlerblock--telegram."

Hands shaking, the man moved to pull something out of his pocket. The Doctor stopped him with a quick motion of his own hand, and got it for him--a crumpled piece of paper. At the top, written in blue ink were the words 'Benderblock, 9:30.'

"Need to get--"

With that, he slumped backwards. The Doctor caught his head and gently lowered it to the pavement. He checked his watch--9:26. He didn't want to leave the man lying there, but if someone wasn't there to deliver the note, he didn't know what would happen to the timeline.

It took him nearly three and a half minutes to sprint to the building that had been on the paper. Once there, he retreated into the shadows and waited. At long last, a girl, no more than twenty appeared.

"I think this is for you," he said, holding out the paper. "Mind you, I don't really get along with Nazis."
Back to top Go down
ClaudiaAltermann
Newb
Newb
ClaudiaAltermann

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan...    Out of the frying pan...  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 2:13 am

"Well, lucky for you we don't either." she said with a smile, "Claudia" and with that she struck out her left arm towards him.

Claudia stepped forward taking the telegram out of the mans hand. She read it, and she could feel some bile rising up in her throat, it read, "Der Fuhrer has left for the Wolfsschanze, start preparing. However they are catching on to you." They? Who was they? The SS? The Abwehr? However 'they' were it seemed like it could jeopardize the entire operation. She looked up at the figure, not quite seeing his face yet.

"Well it seems that things are moving forward" she said slightly nervous, "But if it works then things will be better."

She slipped the telegram into her satchel, hiding it in the secret compartment, encase she got stopped. Back to her apartment at Weimar St, preparing for the plot that awaited her tomorrow. She was nervous, very in fact. Stauffenberg told her she might even have to meet the brute himself. She tried to imagine that. A Jew, involved in a plot to kill Hitler, actually meeting Hitler.Claudia turned to walk off but she noticed something. His voice. He spoke perfect German but his voice was off slightly.

"I didn't know the committee recruited the British to be apart of this?" she smirked before walking over to him. Claudia adjusted her tie once more and looked up at him at pointed towards her satchel,

"You know what's inside here right? You are informed of what's going to happen tomorrow? Right?" she asked, trying to get a better look at the man
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan...    Out of the frying pan...  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 8:05 am

He hadn't thought the Nazis would be using a young girl, but it didn't hurt to check. She could have been lying, but there was something about the way she stood that made her seem sincere. The Doctor couldn't put his finger on why, but he trusted Claudia. Even so, he kept his guard up and his eyes fixed on hers in case she tried anything.

"I'm the Doctor," he said in reply.

He frowned at her words. As much as he knew about history, the Doctor didn't have a clue about what she was talking about. Perhaps this meeting should have never happened at all. Maybe the man should have died without ever passing his message along. The Doctor straightened his shoulders. What was done was done. Now he just had to fix it. Even if he didn't know what 'it' was.

"They didn't," he said. "I'm not British."

There wasn't any need to go throwing time travel and space adventures in her face quite yet, but he didn't want to upset the precarious position both countries were in. If this was a plot against the Nazis, even against Hitler himself, the Doctor didn't want it thought that the British were involved. Retribution could be dangerous.

He shook his head slightly. Was it possible to get patriotic about a country on a planet you weren't native to?

"Your informant's dead," he said, taking a step towards her at last so she could grasp the gravity of the situation. "I don't know if it was an accident or a plot, but he died. He gave me the telegram. I don't know what's going on. And I don't like it. Who are you were working for, and what are you trying to do?"

The Doctor sized her up. She certainly didn't look like she could do much damage, but looks could be deceiving. If she wasn't supposed to be here, something would have to be done. He crossed his arms and looked down his nose at her.
Back to top Go down
ClaudiaAltermann
Newb
Newb
ClaudiaAltermann

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan...    Out of the frying pan...  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 4:13 am

Claudia straightened up her tie once more, and looked him sternly in the eye. Of course, he was a plant, a false informant, Gestapo trying to piece together what was going on. This could be tricked, but Claudia had learnt a lot in the way of escapes.

"So you don't know then? Rather unfortunate....." she replied frowning but stern. "I work for my people Herr Docktor, and there is an enemy of the people here. Hitler. He's destroyed us, and he's going to pay with his life. He stole my family and now we will steal his life."

She opened up her satchel and procured a small pistol, pointing in towards him.

"I'm not especially violent, but if your working for them, then well, we can have such a risk. Unless your on board. We need people we can trust, and I see it in your eyes, you aren't one of them. Help us Doctor, help us become free again" she told him calmly, gun pointed towards him

"Valkyrie will begin tomorrow, are you with us or against us?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan...    Out of the frying pan...  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 4:39 pm

"Not going to disagree with you there," the Doctor said, inclining his head towards her.

Something twisted in his gut. How was what had done any different than what Hitler would do? He pushed the feeling away, grinding his jaw. He'd done what had to be done to save the universe. He hadn't been driven by hate, and definitely not by pride. They were different. They had to be.

"Again with the guns," he sighed, staring down the black barrel at the girl standing behind it.

The Doctor had no interest in testing her hand. Claudia had that desperate fire that he recognized, that he so often saw in himself. When he got like that, he'd do anything to exact revenge, forget the consequences. Instead, he out his hands up and took a step back.

"How can you trust what I say when you have a gun aimed at my head?" he asked, arching his eyebrows.

Humans.. Waving those things around as if they were filled with water and not bullets. As if they could solve anything. He crossed his arms and shifted his weight back on to his left foot, staring at her intensely, daring her to make a move.

"I'm not with the Nazis." But I'm not with you, either. "Enemy of enemy is my friend, yeah? Now put the gun away."

History would have to be preserved. Hitler didn't die tonight, and not by any hand other than his own. The only way to insure that was to stay with Claudia.
Back to top Go down
ClaudiaAltermann
Newb
Newb
ClaudiaAltermann

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan...    Out of the frying pan...  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 6:35 am

Smiling slightly, Claudia slowly lowered the weapon and nudged it back into her satchel, along with the various other belongings that she had.

"Quite the talker, you are" she replied, walking towards him slowly, before sticking out her arm, "It was only a precaution, I didn't want to cause harm"

In her mind Claudia, also felt some kind of trust towards him, he certainly didn't look like a Nazi, neither did he act or behave in that manner. Fashion sense was very odd, not well dressed at all. Who was he then? Someone from the Allied side? A Soviet perhaps? No, his accent didn't match that of a Soviet.

"You aren't German, I can tell. I've travelled a lot around Europe, but your somebody new. Are you American perhaps? If so, you must be really close to the border, or your crazy enough to enter the 'Lions den'." Claudia raised an eyebrow and folded her arms neatly, hiding the swastika pinned on to her blueish shirt. She hated that symbol, it repulsed her so much.

"And why did you give me the note? An sensible person would of turned it in, but you didn't. In any case, we can't have Allies running about here, not yet at least, I'm heading over to the Cafe Der Berlin for soup, extra Reichsmarks in my pay. So your staying, or do you need a place to say?" Claudia asked, feeling slightly embarrassed that she was asking strangers into her home

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan...    Out of the frying pan...  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 4:44 pm

The Doctor breathed an almost unnoticeable sigh of relief as the weapon vanished from sight. He didn't fancy regenerating quite yet, and definitely not at the hands of someone like Claudia.

"No one ever means to cause harm," he retorted. The harshness was a little unwarranted, but she had been aiming a gun at him. "They wave those things around, they go off and people get hurt."

He'd seen it so many times before. Fear brought out the worst in people, and the Doctor usually found himself in situations that provoked it. He knew that Claudia understood fear. The Doctor could see it in her eyes, and it was written in her very situation.

"Let's just say I'm not from around here," he said, dodging the question.

How could she be expected to understand that his accent came from an odd blue box that changed his voice to everyone who heard it? If he was lucky (and that was a very large if) she would never have to know at all.

"I'm not turnin' anyone in," he said. Then, "I do need a place to stay."

Tailing Claudia was the best thing he could do under the circumstances. If the timeline showed signs of splintering, he could show her the TARDIS and explain what needed to be done to fix it. He fell into step beside her, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"You said your family....What happened to them?"

He asked the question as gently as possible. He knew better than anyone how much an innocent question could hurt, but he had to know what he was dealing with.
Back to top Go down
ClaudiaAltermann
Newb
Newb
ClaudiaAltermann

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan...    Out of the frying pan...  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:49 pm

Claudia turned around to face the Doctor, her face stern and her eyes completely locked on his. She set down her satchel and rummaged through it again, before producing a yellow star of David with the word 'JUDE' written in large letters in the middle of it.

"This, this is what happened to my family, this is what happened" she said, holding the star up to him, her face content with anger and rage.

She held the star in her hand, a tear rolling down her cheek, "This is all that is left of Mama, Papa and Hans. All I have left of them. I didn't even have time to pack any photographs when the SS burst through our door. We became strangers to our own country. Can you imagine that? Not being welcomed in your own nation?"

She turned on her heels to walk away, not even bothering to address him, she let out a sentence as she briskly walked down the street,

"They have to pay! To every German. They've undermined us all, not just the Jewish population, but everyone as well. And I intend to kill that man, and initiate Valkyrie with the plotters!" she said angrily before stopping and wiping her heavy eyelids and taking a moment to regain her composure.

"I just miss them, everyone, my family, my friends, everyone, I'm so alone now, it's eating me up." Tears spilled all over the pavement, and Claudia pushed her long brown hair out of her face, turning to the Doctor once more
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan...    Out of the frying pan...  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 5:39 pm

Of course. It made him want to sock the Führer straight in the jaw, seeing what he'd done to all those people, all those lives ripped apart without any regard to the people who were lost in the fallout. He didn't blame Claudia one bit for wanting revenge.

Not being welcomed in your own nation. Unbidden, the image of Gallifrey, spires soaring beautifully silver against the red sky rose to his mind. He'd run as soon as he could because the whole place had made him feel as if he was trapped in his own skin. When they'd decided that they'd rather have anyone but him, he'd been happy to be a stranger there, happy to be free. He'd worn the title of 'renegade' with a smirk. And now, he couldn't go back. Not ever.

"I don't have to imagine," he said.

She started to walk and the Doctor followed, not quite finished with her yet. The next sentence broke his hearts. He knew that rage. With him it always simmered just beneath the surface. He never knew when it would burst out.

"I'm sorry," he said, reaching out to take her hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out of the frying pan...    Out of the frying pan...  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out of the frying pan...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Open RP's-
Jump to: