Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile

Doctor Who RP

HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Underneath That Burnt Old Sky (Closed to 10,11,Lord Rassilon and Romana II)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Rassilon/Eric Tempore
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Underneath That Burnt Old Sky (Closed to 10,11,Lord Rassilon and Romana II)   Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:24 am

Rassilon sat on the cool, red grass created by the remnants of his mind to help make sense of it all. He could feel the Cyber-Consciousness, squatting like some great, bloated spider in his brain, controlling his every move. He focused with every ounce of strength he had left, barely able to stall the Consciousness that strained and taxed Rassilon's muscles to touch the Hand. He drew on his extensive knowledge of...well...everything that came with roughly a billion years of observing time, the universe and the development of other species. He knew the Cyber-Men's "history" their old weaknesses and some of their hardware specifications, but without the ability to so much as wiggle his toes, he couldn't do much with such knowledge. "There must be something, perhaps.....no...too dangerous....or is it?" he said, in what he perceived to be speech but what was in actuality a thought.

There was always the most drastic solution, the most dangerous and life-threatening solution there was: Regeneration. Well...regeneration of a sort, Rassilon saw no reason to waste a body, even if he was still "Immortal" as the fool Borusa had so aptly put it so many years ago. He had triggered regenerations of his own will in the past, but even he knew it wouldn't work flawlessly every time and there was the added risk of regenerating into an abomination of some kind.  

The Cyber-Consciousness was started to become somewhat frustrated (or at least as frustrated as an emotionless husk of circuitry and stagnant human brain matter can be) at it's inability to complete the bidding specified by The Cyberiad, however it became more self-assured as it could sense the waning electrical singals present in the small sealed-off section of Rassilon's mind.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostSubject: Re: Underneath That Burnt Old Sky (Closed to 10,11,Lord Rassilon and Romana II)   Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:52 pm

((Bump Rommeh! Almost done lol))

Back to top Go down
http://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Romana II
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Underneath That Burnt Old Sky (Closed to 10,11,Lord Rassilon and Romana II)   Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:37 pm

"But in order to do that we need to get to the Hand! We don't know where it, or Rassilon is!" Romana sped to the console. "it would be useless to search for Cyber technology. They likely have it planted all over Gallifrey, but I happen to know Rassilon's specific Biodata code. Don't!-" she held up a hand at the Doctor "ask me why I know that."

She furiously typed into the TARDIS "But even when we find him, he must be guarded. I don't have any weapons on me, do you?"
Back to top Go down
Romana II
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Underneath That Burnt Old Sky (Closed to 10,11,Lord Rassilon and Romana II)   Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:19 am

((bump))
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostSubject: Re: Underneath That Burnt Old Sky (Closed to 10,11,Lord Rassilon and Romana II)   Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:04 pm

The Doctor grinned, looking intently over at Romana as she worked her magic on the TARDIS control console, waiting for her to look over to him. And when she did, and posed her final question, his grin only became more prominent and wide, "Oh Romana...miss advoratrelundar. We've had the best weapons in history the entire time...what we've always had. Our minds". Pulling over the scanner as the TARDIS locked onto Rassilon's biodata code, The Doctor looked at it carefully before looking back to Romana, "Rassilon has one of the most powerful minds on Gallifrey..and between you and I, we have the most creative and brilliantly beautiful minds. I want to see the Cybermen try and stop us. I've beat them so many times before..all their plans crumbling down before me...i just got my planet back...and by Rassilon am i going to let them take it".

Placing his hand on the main lever, The Doctor intensely arched his eyebrow, "Now Allons-y!!!" he proclaimed, slamming the lever down with great force and enthusiasm. Holding onto the side of the control console, The Doctor looked up to the time rotor, his grin holding firmly, "Wooohooohooo!!!" he exclaimed happily.

The TARDIS began to slowly appear in the very cave where Rassilon stood over the hand of Omega, two Cybermen standing at the entrance, peering back as their audio receptors caught wind of the groaning of the TARDIS engines. The doors creaked open as The Doctor looked out onto Rassilon's body and stared into his eyes as they turned over to him. Immediately he knew he wasn't looking at the Rassilon he previously knew, but deep within those eyes he saw a faint spark of the man he once knew. "This is it...this is the moment that decides if this planet deserves to be in the universe. We fought off the daleks...the nightmare child..everything was stacked against us. Now are we going to be converted by Cybermen? Or are we going to fight? Come on Rassilon i know you're in there!".

Back to top Go down
http://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Rassilon/Eric Tempore
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Underneath That Burnt Old Sky (Closed to 10,11,Lord Rassilon and Romana II)   Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:58 pm

Rassilon saw it faintly, the Doctor's TARDIS materialising in the cave. The Doctor himself stepped out of the TARDIS and Rassilon saw a knowing look flash across his face, he had seen the Cyber-Man consciousness working Rassilon's body like a puppet and was trying to get through to the small semblance of Rassilon's mind that still held on in the eye of the storm. He willed, fought with all his might to make his body's lips move, to speak to The Doctor through this haze of emotionless logic and iron will that was the Cyber-Consciousness. "I-I Can't.....Cyber....." was all he managed before the Consciousness began to attack his mind once more, the imaginary Gallifreyan landscape flashed a deep, blood red as the attacks began and still Rassilon fought.

He knew the final solution, he hated himself for succumbing so easily to the Cyber-Consciousness. Hated the Cyber-Men and the converted Time-Lord more for forcing his hand, there was only one thing left to try. Rassilon knew the procedure for this....he hadn't done this in centuries, but it had to be done now. He probed the dark recesses of his brain, trying to find the Consciousness that currently presided over it. Finally he found it, seeing it as a great red tumor nestled in his frontal lobe to be precise.

The Time-Lords of Gallifrey possess many awe-inspiring abilities, Cellular Regeneration, Advanced Intelligence, Temporal Sensitivity....the list goes on. However, one ability that is nowhere near as well-documented and known about as the others is Latent Psychic potential. Some of them are more skilled and powerful with it than others, Rassilon is said to be the first "Time-Lord" and rightly so....as a result of this, his Psychic abilities are seen as the strongest. With this in mind, consider for a moment that Rassilon's next move was to use all of this pent-up psychic potential to isolate, stun and disorient the Cyber-Consciousness for as long as possible.

Fortunately for him, it worked as they say on Earth "Like a charm".

The Cyber-Consciousness turned, seeing the familiar colour "blue" of the Doctor's TARDIS materialise in the dark cave-like chamber with that sickeningly organic wheezing noise the old and battered machine made as it landed. The Doctor promptly stepped out, resplendent in the old fabric suit The Cyberiad had known him to wear. He spoke, not to the Consciousness...but to the squalid and inferior mind of the Time-Lord President. A few moments passed as the Consciousness suddenly felt a jolt and then....nothing....something had happened, the mental conversion process had been momentarily set back, the Time-Lord was back in control....

Rassilon focused, used all of his will, all of his power; all of his might to force his body to release the exact amount of Lindos (The chemical the Time-Lord body releases to trigger regeneration) necessary for this process. He felt a tingling sensation as he forced the Lindos to spread, enough to trigger a regeneration, but not enough to change his body.

There was a building sensation, like pressure building within him, more and more until it felt like he was being crushed under a weight and then....then it started....

Gentle white particles began to emanate from Rassilon's body, from his very skin as the process slowly began, he found himself in full control of his body, looking out of his own eyes, breathing in the dank and musty air with his own nose, he looked to The Doctor and Romana and then down to his own hands as the beautifully, impossibly white energies began to shine and fester around his hands. At first creating a small aura around them, and then extending further out. He heard the deafeningly loud clanking sounds of the Cyber-men as they moved to intercept Rassilon, only just realising that their Conversion was failing. Rassilon suddenly felt the Consciousness "waking up" attempting to take control back from Rassilon.

"It is not over" he said, throwing his head back to steady himself and grunting in apparent pain as his head disappeared from view as the torrent of regeneration energy flowed all around him.
Back to top Go down
Romana II
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Underneath That Burnt Old Sky (Closed to 10,11,Lord Rassilon and Romana II)   Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:33 pm

If the Doctor were anybody else, Romana would remind him that there was a time and a place for such enthusiasm, and that here and now was not it. But the Doctor being who he was, she didn't. The Doctor whooped and hollered until the TARDIS materialized, and he promptly stepped out.

The first thing Romana saw when she followed him was Rassilon, the second was the Cybermen. She quickly ran back to the center console, and activated the protective forceshield. As long as the Doctor didn't step out of its range, the Cybermen would not be able to fire on him.

She returned to the doorway, just in time to see Rassilon start the regeneration process. She shielded her eyes against the white hot, blinding light.

It took her a moment to figure out what he was doing. "He's expelling the cybernetic components via regeneration!" She whispered with awe to the Doctor. "I didn't know that was even possible!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Underneath That Burnt Old Sky (Closed to 10,11,Lord Rassilon and Romana II)   

Back to top Go down

Underneath That Burnt Old Sky (Closed to 10,11,Lord Rassilon and Romana II)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5