Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Creating A New Site? I_vote_lcapCreating A New Site? I_voting_barCreating A New Site? I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Creating A New Site? I_vote_lcapCreating A New Site? I_voting_barCreating A New Site? I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Creating A New Site?

Go down 
+3
Doctor Meta Z
Brooke/Charity
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
7 posters
AuthorMessage
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Creating A New Site? Empty
PostSubject: Creating A New Site?   Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 8:55 am

I was wondering, especially after i keep hearing about people not having the muse for RP'ing Doctor Who that much anymore and find it hard to be active more and more.

So! I was thinking about a spin off site. A general themed RP Site. I already have an idea in mind.

Theme: It is set on Earth in the 23rd Century, Humans have become pushed to the limit. Nearly being forced off their planet by the increase of aliens beginning to inhabit their planet. Aliens are now a common thing, seeing UFO's no long cause chaos, but instead, aggravation. Humanity now strives in only three places in the planet. Serenity Gate, Crystalia and Haven. The rest of the majority cities and world factions are controlled by alien races. All of which can be created using the Alien Creation Thread. Humanity and the other factions must now find a way to either gain control of the entire planet..or co-exist.

Who would be up to joining this site if i chose to create this?
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

Location : In the Tardis! | Brooke: In the Tardis Library, of course.

PostSubject: Re: Creating A New Site?   Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 9:59 am

It sounds like an interesting idea, even has potential for the doctor showing up to help the people?
Only thing I'm concerned about is, if you start a new site, and people move over there, it seems like that may cause this site to go inactive.. or did you intend to only start a new site IF this one goes inactive? (as in not having them both going at once?)
I'd join if this one was inactive I guess, but I really love this place even though I'm new here Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorcking.com
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Creating A New Site?   Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 10:07 am

Yes, this is a backup site when and or if this site goes completely inactive.

I have just recently asked if Chase could help advertise for the site to bring more active people to the site. More and more people are saying they don't have the muse for this themed RP site so they are moving over to different RP sites, hence why you don't see many on here.

I don't want to have to leave this site but if it comes to that. I will have this as back up. I just needed to know if anyone or how many people would be interested in it.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

Location : In the Tardis! | Brooke: In the Tardis Library, of course.

PostSubject: Re: Creating A New Site?   Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 10:15 am

oh ok, well yeah if this one goes inactive I'd go with you to the other one. It sounds like an interesting idea.
I can try to advertise it but I don't have that many friends who are interested in DW, and the ones who do are either really horrible RPers, or don't have the time for anything else Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorcking.com
Doctor Meta Z
Doctor Meta Z

PostSubject: Re: Creating A New Site?   Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 11:09 am

Well, I brought in a new guy in who is quite enjoying himself. >.> But it sounds like an interesting idea, and I'd be willing to follow over if this site went inactive. (Although frankly, I don't feel it's a replacement for Dr Who, merely an OC creation, though I like original creations cause they give me a chance to create a character loosely based off a canon, but play him differently and watch him develop. It also would give me more freedom of movement for developing stories, but that's beside the point.) I actually DID get my muse back. Razz As long as there are people to RP with.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Creating A New Site?   Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 11:48 am

Id go if (rassilon forbid) this site ever went stale. But david, I do have an idea if you'll pm me I'll tell you about it. Kinda vague now but between the two of us I'm sure we can figure something out
Back to top Go down
Audrey/Amy Pond
Student
Student
Audrey/Amy Pond

PostSubject: Re: Creating A New Site?   Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 1:44 pm

I really like that idea. And maybe have the members split up into the three factions?

But I would feel empty if this site were to die. Seriously, it's my life. It's the one major rp site that I actually rp on!
If this site died, i would die.
Right now, a lot of people haven't been on, but I'm pretty sure that's for school reasons. I dunno what you mean by "If the site becomes inactive".
If it ever were that bad, you would have at least one person who still came on every day: ME!
Don't scare me, David! Laughing
The only problems I am having is certain people being gone, and therefore one of my rp's is on hold. Other than that, i dunno. Please don't tell me that you'd actually get rid of the site!
I would seriously be devasted.

But, if that were to happen, (sadly) then I like your idea. It would be fun to see how that played out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dwrpplay.forumotion.com
Master
Whovian
Whovian
Master

PostSubject: Re: Creating A New Site?   Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 3:46 am

I'd be up for it, but does it really have to be a replacement site? There could be both sites running in parallel.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Creating A New Site?   Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 8:08 am

You make a good point CoCo. And i will think on that. Sadly, i am on the fence about creating it now because i want the attention to be on this site and have enough active members to keep it running despite two RP sites. My fear is that if i create this new RP site, everyone would follow but then get caught up in it that they'd forget about this place and it would go dead because of it.

Plus i'd need different people to be Admin's over there. I can't have the same people try and moderate two RP sites at the same time. I won't ask that of them.

@Meta: Just create some Open RP's and see where it goes
Back to top Go down
Doctor Meta Z
Doctor Meta Z

PostSubject: Re: Creating A New Site?   Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 10:52 am

Honestly 10, if people can focus on both, I think it would be good for two parallel sites, rather than a replacement. I do like OC RP, as long as I can do it alongside my regular RPs. (Dr Who and Star Wars.) I'm not saying to create it right now. I'm just saying I enjoy a change of pace, and different styles of RPs to do alongside our major run of the mill RPs that we consider every day RP. (Like for example, I do enjoy doing Dr Who and SW RP, but I also wanted to do a modern day assassin RP with someone else for that intrigue.)
Back to top Go down
Audrey/Amy Pond
Student
Student
Audrey/Amy Pond

PostSubject: Re: Creating A New Site?   Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 12:30 pm

OR instead of making an entirely different site, have a separate section for this one OC rp. Try it out for like two months or something. You don't want to make an entirely different site and find out that it's terrible or something. Try it in a different section here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dwrpplay.forumotion.com
13th Doctor
Student
Student
13th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Creating A New Site?   Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 12:47 pm

I like the idea of co existing sites. I think people are losing their Muse here is because the new series hasn't aired yet. Once it comes back people will be rping up a storm. As for the new site, I'm all for it. I mean, if things start to die of in here, make an announcement on the other site.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Creating A New Site?   Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 6:47 pm

Hmmmm...Niki and I will brainstorm on it and either of us will post on here our decision.

I get what you say Liam and it makes sense. I was just thinking that this new site could serve as another place to RP while Doctor Who is away. Around 50th Anniversary time here last year, activity was amazing..so it makes a lot of sense.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Meta Z
Doctor Meta Z

PostSubject: Re: Creating A New Site?   Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 10:25 pm

I honestly agree with Dakota on doing a separate sub-forum, rather than a whole new site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creating A New Site?   Creating A New Site? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Creating A New Site?
Page 1 of 1