Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
The Tools of David Edwards I_vote_lcapThe Tools of David Edwards I_voting_barThe Tools of David Edwards I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
The Tools of David Edwards I_vote_lcapThe Tools of David Edwards I_voting_barThe Tools of David Edwards I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

The Tools of David Edwards

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
David Edwards
Newb
Newb
David Edwards

The Tools of David Edwards Empty
PostSubject: The Tools of David Edwards   The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:39 pm

Name: Vortex Manipulator

Abilities (what does it do): It's suppose to launch the user to any place and time they set into the coordinates, however, when David found it it was broken but he managed fix it though from fixing the first glitch it now doesn't always bring the user to the exact coordinates, by that I mean it could land the user 10 miles away from the location that was entered or it could bring you the right location but just during the wrong point if time. Though it doesn't happen often it still does.

Appearance:

The Tools of David Edwards Image15

Looks like a slim stainless steel cuff the covers the for arm similar to a gauntlet that has four dials (two on the left and two on the right) with a monitor with a hard leather casing. On the inside of it is all fixed onto a leather strap.

The History: Explained in David Edwards back story.
______

Name: Sonic Modulator

Abilities: okay I think we all know what it does but if you are looking for a model reference of what it can do then the seventh version of the sonic which belonged to the twelfth doctor. But with a few major differences being that it works on wood and it has a setting that can cause physical pain and injury by emitting powerful sonic waves (A.K.A. Weapon Mode. During this setting the light turns red.)

Appearance:

The Tools of David Edwards Image41

It is made out of manufactured carbon with a metal coating of stainless steel with a silver and bronze finish to it and a leather grip. The diode at the end glows blue when activated and the claws can claw can move similar to how the twelfth doctor's sonic does and the the picture above shows it fully ejected and usually the diode is right next to the handle not showing the silver part.

The History:

The story of the Sonic Modulator begins back in the year 2013, when UNIT acquired one of the eleventh doctor's screwdriver (He has a whole draw of them) and with the help of Lodmoor Research Facility they were able reverse engineer it to produce the first working prototype of the Sonic Modulator in the year 2125 which was a glass cannon back then because it's hardware fried when ever it was used along with being a double edged sword because while a sonic screwdriver can't hurt life forms a modulator could and with the first prototypes' their was a chance 34% the emitter could go wrong and kill you.
Bye the year 2989 Lodmoor Research Facility revealed two different models, the law enforcement model which was given to police officers had a limiter on the sonic waves that it emits so if it's weapon mode was activated on it, it would only be able to knock targets unconscious and wouldn't be able to bypass certain types of files. While the military model of the modulator had no limiter so if it's weapon mode and with the right out put it could kill a living target these were given to members of U.N.I.T., MI5 and the British military. Once there time surging was up those who were given them were allowed to keep them.

David acquired his Sonic Modulator during his time in the year 3027 when during one of his cases he was lead to a pawn shop in London where he found a Military Grade Sonic Modulator. He was able to swap it for a tin soldier from 1976 he received as payment from another case back in 1976. From then on it became his second most used piece if equipment tied with his vortex manipulator.

Last edited by David Edwards on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: The Tools of David Edwards   The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:45 pm

Hey David, just looking at this, I was wondering how your character had gotten the sonic screwdriver?
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: The Tools of David Edwards   The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:46 pm

Not approved.

You cannot have a sonic screwdriver. At this point he's just a Doctor character and we don't allow OC Doctors.

The Manipulator you can hang on to, but do you mind putting a tad more deal in? How did he fix it, hm? What errors did he make - no one is perfect - and how did he manage to figure out how it worked?
Back to top Go down
David Edwards
Newb
Newb
David Edwards

PostSubject: Re: The Tools of David Edwards   The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:49 pm

Okay just before I get to work editing tomorrow would a sonic modulator be allowed basically a human reverse engineered of the sonic screw driver with the only difference being that it can hurt people. Wiki it it's real.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: The Tools of David Edwards   The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:50 pm

Well.

I suppose it COULD be allowed but I'm going to need to see a hell of a lot of backstory on that one.
Back to top Go down
David Edwards
Newb
Newb
David Edwards

PostSubject: Re: The Tools of David Edwards   The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:52 pm

He bought in the future year 3027 to help him with his cases.............so yea if that won't do I'll make up a better one.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: The Tools of David Edwards   The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 9:06 pm

Well I'm not sure about buying that. Where would one buy such a device? Even if he did buy it, there'd be quite a bit of backstory involved in it.
Back to top Go down
David Edwards
Newb
Newb
David Edwards

PostSubject: Re: The Tools of David Edwards   The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 8:20 pm

Okay I added a history to my sonic and changed it from screwdriver to modulator so bump
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: The Tools of David Edwards   The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 8:41 pm

Hm. 

I still think this is God-moddy. And too close to a Doctor character. Not to mention it's worse because now it's the sonic WITH the abilities it doesn't have.

So I'm going to say no to the sonic, but if you really want it, perhaps ask someone who is not me e.e
Back to top Go down
David Edwards
Newb
Newb
David Edwards

PostSubject: Re: The Tools of David Edwards   The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 8:51 pm

I could add some flaws to it if that would help after all David's sonic would be pretty old and he wouldn't have the knowledge to fix it.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: The Tools of David Edwards   The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 8:53 pm

Honestly, after having the knowledge to fix the manipulator, I would assume he would have knowledge on how to fix a sonic. But if you want to go that way, feel free. I can't say I'll approve it, but I can get someone else's opinion on it for you.
Back to top Go down
David Edwards
Newb
Newb
David Edwards

PostSubject: Re: The Tools of David Edwards   The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 9:02 pm

Could you get somebody else's opinion on it as it is now. And remember the only reason he was able to fix the minor glitch in the vortex manipulator because it was related to space time. David wouldn't know the first thing about sonic tech granted he could learn if he got a perfectly working modulator and his modulator took the apart labelling everything and and how it fit together and how each piece works but he only has the one so that won't be happening any time soon.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: The Tools of David Edwards   The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 1:36 pm

I would say if you are able to make the vortex manipulator you own then i will approve it. By your own, i mean not the Jack Harkness version copy and pasted.

If David fixed the manipulator then it would be physically different then Jacks, i would imagine. Maybe even a few things still glitchy.

As for the sonic "modulator" that is not approved.

I know your back story on it, and by the way the 12th doctor doesn't have a confirmed sonic screwdriver yet so you couldn't say it resembles 12's. But it doesn't stop it from looking any different then what it practically is. A sonic screwdriver look a like. Besides, Time Agents don't have sonic screwdrivers and they aren't widely sold on the markets for people to buy. Not even the most technologically advanced civilizations in Doctor Who do not have sonic screwdrivers, apart from people who had met The Doctor in their past via sonic probes and lipsticks.
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
David Edwards
Newb
Newb
David Edwards

PostSubject: Re: The Tools of David Edwards   The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 5:18 pm

Okay I changed the vortex manipulator and made it my own.

My character isn't a time agent, he only got his vortex manipulator off a dead one. Also I clearly stated it wasn't a sonic screwdriver but a human reversed engineered version of it. I did offer to add some flaw to it such as it not working, acting up and etc.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: The Tools of David Edwards   The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 6:27 pm

That wasn't what David meant, Edward.

You cannot have a sonic device. Period. I've been going easy on you but you have to face the facts that we have cut you off sometime. Your character is - at this point - a Gary-Sue, and the sonic tech would make zero sense. Your character is not in a position to gain ANY sort of sonic device. I apologize for not saying so earlier, but now that I see I'm not the only one thinking this, this is the way it's going to be.

And I'd like to inform you that you cannot use that image. You gave no credit for the creator, and even if you had, you just stole concept art from a video game. You don't NEED a picture if you can create a unique, detailed description, but you cannot plagiarize someone else's work.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: The Tools of David Edwards   The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 6:52 pm

Nel's decision has been approved and backed up by me, the Site Owner and therefore nobody can overturn this without confronting me first.

David Edward, if you wish to make another Weapon Creation to get your characters tools, namely not these two, approved then you can do that. But as far as these two specific weapons go, the decision as been made.

NOT APPROVED

Finalized by 10th Doctor
~ Site Owner
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Tools of David Edwards   The Tools of David Edwards I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Tools of David Edwards
Page 1 of 1