Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_vote_lcapLooking for Angels (by invitation) I_voting_barLooking for Angels (by invitation) I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_vote_lcapLooking for Angels (by invitation) I_voting_barLooking for Angels (by invitation) I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Looking for Angels (by invitation)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

Location : In the Tardis! | Brooke: In the Tardis Library, of course.

Looking for Angels (by invitation) Empty
PostSubject: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 12:47 pm

In the midst of the most painful faces,
Angels show up in the strangest of places...

Emma parked her bike at the end of the road and put the kickstand down, leaning the bike onto it. She removed her helmet and hung it on the handlebar by the chin strap. She checked her pockets to make sure she had the packets of seeds, then opened up a compartment on the side of the bike and took out a few gardening tools. Having what she needed, she walked up to the big iron gate that marked the entrance to the cemetery.

It was open, as it was all the time. She wasn't even totally sure why there was a gate, or a fence going all the way around the graveyard. She supposed it was to help keep animals out, at least to some degree. Maybe a long time ago they used to lock the gate at night, but whoever kept the grounds of the cemetery now didn't bother locking up. They probably figured anyone should be allowed to visit a grave at any time they wanted to. They didn't have much problem with vandals, mostly because this graveyard was so far out from anywhere that most vandals probably didn't really know about it, or think it was worth their time.

Emma walked quietly through the old graveyard, passing a few headstones and statues and stuff. Some were small, and others were big and taller than Emma. She wasn't really sure what made her grandpa pick this place, but she supposed it had something to do with the fact that it was a more secluded, peaceful place than the ones you'd find in the city that most people chose. She took a look around and could see why he would chose this cemetery for his burial place.

As she approached the newest grave, her steps slowed. She pushed her sunglasses up on top of her head and stood looking down at the headstone for a moment, then wiped her eyes and knelt down. She set the gardening stuff down beside her and pulled out the seed packets.

The funeral had been a month ago. It seemed like so long ago, yet it also seemed like it was just the other day. She still remembered almost every detail, and yet somehow it seemed like such a blur. Weird, how things like that worked. She could remember how he looked in the coffin, having the whole BAU team sitting with her and Derek, and the absence of her mom.. his own daughter, her uncle Steven sitting with them. But she couldn't remember much of what the preacher guy had said when he was doing the funeral. She must have been zoned out or something.

Taking a deep breath, Emma tried not to think about that sad day. She was here to plant some flowers. The sad young woman wiped her eyes again and picked up her spade. She took one of the packets and looked at the back to see how to do this. She'd never tried working with flowers before. She hoped these would grow and be pretty. She wanted to make her grandpa's grave have flowers growing on it for as much of the year as possible. She wondered if there were any flowers that would grow in the winter. She'd have to check into it. Hoping for the best, she began planting the seeds.

After working for a while, Emma sat back and brushed the dirt off of her hands. She'd successfully planted one packet of seeds, and hoped she'd done it properly. She had another two she wanted to plant as well, but she was slightly worried she might not have enough room for all of them after all. She supposed that would be alright, although it was slightly disappointing. She figured if necessary she could only plant two packets, and use the other for something else. Or, if these didn't grow, she could try the third one.

Shrugging, she took a deep breath and looked around slightly, mostly out of habit. She'd been focused on planting the seeds for a while now, and she usually liked to glance around a lot to observe things. But still, she was in a small, secluded graveyard in the middle of nowhere. No one was likely to come here, so it wasn't like anyone was going to sneak up on her.

Regardless, she let her eyes scan the graveyard around her, observing things, just out of habit. Her gaze lingered on a slightly crumbling statue that looked like a woman, or angel maybe, that was some distance away from her. Was there something different about it, or was it just her mind playing tricks on her? No, it was different. She was sure of it. She frowned, trying to think what it was. Hadn't the statue had her head down on the pillar like she was crying, before? She frowned a little more. Maybe she was mistaken. It might've been a different one. Maybe she hadn't seen this one, or maybe she just hadn't been paying enough attention and remembered wrong. But.. somehow she didn't quite think so. She was pretty sure that was the right place for what she remembered, and she was sure her memory wasn't wrong. But that didn't make sense, because that would imply that the statue had moved. Which was totally impossible.

Slightly puzzled, Emma stared at the statue for a while, but it didn't move. It just kept gazing off into space, as if totally uninterested in anything. Because, of course, it was just a statue. Emma shook her head a little. She was being ridiculous. She turned back to resume working on what she was doing. She picked up the second packet of seeds and looked at the directions. Pretty much the same thing. She opened it and began to work on planting them, trying to convince herself she was imagining things about the statue.

Suddenly, a loud but distant sort of screeching noise echoed through the still, silent graveyard. Emma jumped, startled by the sound. She spun around, dropping the seed packet in the process. What was that? She frowned, looking around. She didn't see anyone, but what could have made that noise? She quickly scanned the cemetery, searching for any sign of movement. Then, rather than seeing movement, she noticed the eerie absence of something that should be there. She froze, widening her eyes. She slowly turned her head back toward where she'd just looked. Maybe she'd been mistaken? She had to check. Surely she was wrong. But when she looked, she saw that she wasn't wrong. She felt a slight chill pass through her as she stared at the pedestal where the angel was supposed to be. It was gone. There was no mistaking it; the statue was just gone.

Emma bit her lip, trying not to freak out or anything. Maybe someone was just pulling some silly prank. She glanced around, then walked over to the empty pedestal that should have the statue leaning on it. She looked all around the area. No statue. No one was here but Emma. She saw no sign of the statue anywhere around. She did, however, see some tracks. That gave her another small chill. The ground was a bit damp, and easily showed the tracks. But the tracks shouldn't be that deep. She looked down at where she'd walked and saw faint tracks. But these were obvious, clear tracks that went deep in the ground.

This didn't make sense. There was something definitely wrong here, and she wasn't sure what it was but she didn't like it. Whatever made those tracks was much heavier than her. Could it be from the statue? But that was impossible. It was just a statue.. so how could it just get up and walk away?
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorcking.com
Ashara
Student
Student
Ashara

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 8:35 pm

The Flesh Doctor walked through the woods of Scotland just exploring slightly but mostly to get as far away from people as possible. It was dark out but there was a full moon making the forest fill with shadows making it seem very creepy feeling. The Flesh Doctor reached into his coat pocket before pulling out a device that looked like a leather bracelet. He opened the flap on it revealing a small device that had lights flickering on it.

As much in his memory he felt like he should hate this thing, he was actually proud of himself for building this Time Vortex Manipulator from parts he found in the Tardis while he was alone. He slipped it onto his wrist feeling it latch onto it slightly. Well I think this is as good as time as any for a test he thought before pressing some buttons on the device.

Quickly the shadowed forest disappeared from sight as The Flesh Doctor traveled through the Time Vortex before he opened eyes and looked around slightly and noticed he was standing in the middle of a graveyard. "Oh wonderful..from a creepy forest to a creepy cemetery," The Flesh Doctor said shaking his head slightly.

He stuck out his tongue to see when and where he was. "Hm..America..2012.." he said before looking down at TVM, "I guess I still need to calibrate this slightly." He closed the leather flap deciding that could wait and started to walk around the cemetery to find the exit. He walked past a few grave sites before he came to a rather large and old looking steel gate. The Flesh Doctor tried to push it open but it didn't yield to his touch.

"Ok..a locked creepy cemetery perfect!" he said before walking away deciding he wanted to investigate this place a little more.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 9:57 pm

Emma knelt to examine the tracks a bit better. These were definitely made by something really heavy. She didn't think it was someone carrying something heavy, either. There were no signs like the person was struggling with a heavy weight. It was just.. a really heavy being walking away from the pedestal. She bit her lip and frowned, then straightened up. She turned, then gasped and jumped back quickly, startled. The statue was right behind her! She stared at it with wide eyes, her heart racing wildly. How did it get there? It wasn't there before.. there was no way it could've been there before. She'd walked right through that very spot just moments ago, on her way over here to inspect the pedestal.

Emma watched it for a long moment, staring at it. The thing didn't move at all. It was just standing there, silent, stony, and still. Emma took several deep breaths and tried to calm herself a bit. Breathe.. in and out.. slowly. Her heart began to slow gradually back to normal. She backed away slowly, still watching it. How did it get there? It must move very silently. She hadn't heard a thing as it approached her. She wondered why it was moving around like this. What could a statue want? Maybe it wanted to be a real person, like Pinocchio? The thought made her smile faintly in amusement.

She was still backing away, trying to put some distance between herself and the statue. Then she wondered if it would hear her if she spoke to it. If it could move, maybe it was something alive? She hesitated.
"What are you?" She asked quietly. "What.. what do you want?" She blinked and then, suddenly, the angel was again right in front of her. She jumped back hastily, widening her eyes again as her heart seemed to jump to her throat, beating wildly again. The angel was smiling now. Why was it smiling? What did it want? She backed away quickly, staring at the statue. Despite the smile, there seemed something ominous about this thing. She had a sense that she was in danger, but she wasn't sure what this danger might be.

As she continued to move back from the statue, she failed to notice where she was putting her feet because she was so focused on watching the statue. She tripped over the spade that she'd left on the ground by her grandfather's grave, and fell backward. She landed sitting on the grave, her back against the headstone. The impact of her fall caused her sunglasses to fall forward from the top of her head. They rested crookedly on her nose, needing to be pushed up properly. However, the fall also caused her to take her eyes off the angel for a moment, and when she looked up again after falling, the angel was again right in front of her, almost touching her. This time it wasn't smiling. It was almost snarling, and looked terrifying.

Emma tried not to panic, but began breathing harder as she tried to back away a bit more. But she couldn't go any further back, the headstone was in the way. She stared up at the terrifying statue and tried to think of what to do. It wasn't moving now, but it could move at any moment, she thought. What was it waiting on? Maybe it was waiting for her to calm down? Maybe it wanted to wait for her to let her guard down. She wasn't sure. Maybe it was just wanting to scare her. Somehow, she doubted that. Not with the way its face looked now. Emma tried to see if there was any way she could get around it, but it was blocking her path. It had its wings spread out and sort of wrapping around where Emma was, effectively fencing her in and trapping her there against the headstone. So how could she get away? What did this statue want, and how was it even moving? Was it going to kill her?
Back to top Go down
Ashara
Student
Student
Ashara

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 12:00 pm

The Flesh Doctor continued walking through the graveyard looking around at the surroundings nothing really looked out of the ordinary. That was until he walked up to what looked a like young woman being trapped by a statue. That was really not good, he looked at the young woman and he recognized her from where he just came from.

"Emma..don't blink, don't look into its eyes," He said as he forced himself not blink as well, "Put your sunglasses on correctly and that should hopefully freeze it." The Flesh Doctor pulled out his Sonic and pointed it at the angel activating it.

"Quickly Emma, remember don't blink or you are dead..." he said as he go closer to her hoping that she would trust him enough to believe him because he hadn't met her yet in the timeline.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 4:19 pm

Emma was a bit startled to hear someone speak. She'd never heard this voice before, yet he knew her name. She almost looked toward him, just as a natural reaction to someone speaking to her, especially considering it had startled her. But he said not to look away from the statue, so she quickly made sure not to turn her head.
"Who are you?" She asked quietly, staring at the statue, but carefully avoiding it's eyes because he said not to look in its eyes.

Slowly and carefully, she pushed the sunglasses up a little so they rested properly on her nose. If the statue could see, then with her mirror-lens sunglasses, it surely couldn't see if she blinked or not, right?
"What is it?" She asked quietly to the stranger. "Why can't I blink? What happens if it.. catches me?" She asked, a bit uneasy. Was it going to eat her? With those sharp teeth, and the way its face looked right now, she could imagine that whatever it would do, it wasn't pleasant.

She took a few deep breaths to try and calm down.
"What does it want.. and what do I do?" She asked, keeping really still and trying to keep from blinking, despite the sunglasses hiding her eyes behind the mirror lenses. "How can a statue move?" She asked quietly, really confused on that matter. Seriously, what was going on? Stone statues defying the laws of nature.. what next?
Back to top Go down
Ashara
Student
Student
Ashara

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 9:13 pm

The Flesh Doctor heard fear in the voice of Emma as she started rattling off questions to him. He watched her fix the sunglasses so that the Angel would be staring at itself and not able to move. He let out a breath in relief. The Flesh Doctor moved over to where Emma was sitting and kept his eyes on the Angel before speaking.

"My name is The Doctor," he started out answering her first question before continuing to speak "It is a Weeping Angel, the lonely assassins they used to be called...they have a perfect defense mechanism," he said taking a small breath before continuing "They are quantum locked..they can only move when nobody is looking if they get looked at by another living thing they turn to stone and you can't kill stone."

He breathed a little to let that information sink into Emma's brain before he answered her remaining questions. "If it touches you, you will get sent back in time and they feed off the moments that are taken from you but I know that you don't get sent back in time because I meet you again..twice I think, so that means I must save you from the angel," he said before going to his belly and looking under the wing "Give me your hand..I think I can pull you out through here but don't stop looking at the angel ok?"
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 9:54 pm

Emma took a few slow breaths. Doctor? She didn't know anyone by that name. She was wondering how this guy knew her name, because he'd called her Emma but she didn't recognize his voice and didn't know anyone who went by 'the Doctor'. This didn't make sense. In fact, as he spoke about the statue, called it a weeping angel and an assassin, then said all it did was send people back in time, she got even more confused.

As he told her to give him her hand, she reached out to find his hand, trying to keep looking at the statue. She was further confused when this Doctor person insisted that he'd met her twice before and because of this, he knew that she didn't get sent back in time. What? That didn't make sense at all. Puzzled, she glanced at him, partly to see if she recognized him, and partly to give him a puzzled look. Just as she glanced at him, she heard him saying not to look away from the angel.

In the split-second it took her to realize that she'd just done what he said NOT to do, she felt a cold touch on her other arm, and she widened her eyes, gasping softly. This only took a brief second, then it was gone. She looked quickly back to where the angel had been, only to find that it was gone. She was puzzled, eyes searching for it.
"It's.. gone." She said, relieved. She looked a bit confused as she turned to the stranger who had identified himself as the Doctor. "Where did it go? Why.. did it leave?" She frowned. It couldn't be that easy.. right?

Since she wasn't facing her grandfather's gravestone, she didn't notice at first that it had vanished as well as the angel statue. They hadn't moved at all, and the only visible differences were that the angel and gravestone were gone, along with the gardening things Emma had brought, and the ground of the grave she was currently sitting on was undisturbed and had no seeds planted in it. At this point, all Emma noticed, however, was that the angel was gone. And she was glad of it, but also a bit uneasy. Where did it go? And what did that cold touch on her arm come from?
Back to top Go down
Ashara
Student
Student
Ashara

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 9:21 pm

The Flesh Doctor noticed Emma's head move to look at him. He opened his mouth to warn Emma to not do that but it was already to late he felt himself traveling in time quickly. He looked around and noticed they were still in the graveyard but minus the grave and the weeping angel. He heard Emma ask where the Angel had went and why. He sighed slightly before standing up and looking down on her.

"It's not gone...well its gone but in reality it sent is back in time, so it is still there just we aren't," he said frowning before sticking his tongue out to taste the air "Hm, that angel must have been weak because it only sent us a few years back in the past..not normal for them," he said as he put out his hand to pull Emma up.

"Lucky for us..I can get us back to where we need to be, so shall we?" the Flesh Doctor said looking at Emma.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 12:04 am

Emma looked back at the stranger again and frowned as she pushed her sunglasses up on the top of her head. What did he mean, sent them back in time? She tried to understand what he was saying but the very idea of traveling in time seemed absurd. She gave him a skeptical look before standing up without the aid of his offered hand.
"You really expect me to believe that?" She asked, folding her arms over her chest. And now the guy wanted her to come with him? Did he really think she was that gullible?

She turned to look around the graveyard, to see if she could spot the statue. It wasn't anywhere around. This made Emma slightly uneasy, but she tried not to show it. Then, while still glancing around and surveying the graveyard, she froze as she noticed the absence of her grandfather's tombstone. Staring at the spot with widened eyes, she further noticed the lack of seeds having been planted. What was going on?

She turned back to the Doctor, a questioning look in her eyes. She began to wonder if maybe he could be telling the truth about being sent back in time. But that was impossible.. right? Then again, it should be impossible for a statue to move on its own, and she had seen that happen today as well. But, if they had gone back in time, what for? That didn't really make much sense. She decided she had to investigate this herself before she would believe it.

"If we've gone back in time, then what year is it supposed to be?" She asked, frowning at him. There was no way he could really know that, right? "And, if we really did go back in time, which I doubt, but if we have, then I'd like to have a bit of a look around. It's not every day that something like this happens, you know." She told him. And with that, Emma headed toward the gate where she had parked her bike.

Last edited by Emma/Ellie on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:53 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding color)
Back to top Go down
Ashara
Student
Student
Ashara

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 8:07 pm

The Flesh Doctor looked after Emma with a small sigh he felt strangely odd as he watched her something he never had felt before really, but his memory showed that the real doctor had but the Flesh Doctor wasn't sure what that feeling was. He heard her ask what year it was which snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Uh..its 1994," he said as he walked after Emma, "It might not be everyday for YOU but it is for me..or well not me..but anyway," he quietly added the last part trying not to give away that he wasn't the real Doctor quite yet.

"Where are we going anyway?" he asked as he finally caught up to Emma and looked at her with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 5:42 pm

Emma glanced back at him curiously. He came up with a year awfully fast. She wondered what made him say that year. There didn't seem to be anything particularly special about that year, that she could remember, so why should he say it was 1994? Shrugging that off, she replied to his question.
"I'm going to my bike. I don't know where you're going. How did you get here, anyway?" She asked with a glance toward the guy.

Emma glanced around as she approached the gate. To her surprise, there were not any weeds around the edges of the path like there had been before. She found this curious. She hadn't heard any weed-eaters or lawnmowers going. That was unusual. She hoped that whoever did this hadn't gotten grass cuttings all over her bike.

The next thing she noticed was that her motorcycle was gone. She froze in her tracks and looked around. She couldn't see any sign of her bike. Not even any tracks..coming in or leaving. She frowned and folded her arms, turning back to the stranger.
"OK. Where's my bike?" She demanded. Had he moved it as a prank? Or had he, or someone else, stolen it? It didn't make sense for him to have stolen it. He was there with her. If he had stolen it, why come and talk to her? "Did..the statue take it or something?" She asked, frowning. She looked around at the ground, but found no tracks at all. What was going on here?

Sighing, Emma decided that they would just have to walk to the nearest town or something. Maybe she could get answers there.
"Well. There's a town not far off. Guess I'll just have to walk." She hesitated a little, glancing toward him. "Do you want to come with me, or..what?" She asked uncertainly. She wouldn't mind having a bit of company, but she'd understand if he wanted to go somewhere else. She also was a bit worried about where that statue had gone.
Back to top Go down
Ashara
Student
Student
Ashara

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 6:20 pm

The Flesh Doctor looked on as Emma said that she was going to her bike. He sighed slightly as she continued to believe that she was still back in present day not in the past. He had decided to let her figure it out for herself. He followed her out of the gate he watched her look around slightly before she asked aloud where her bike was, she seemed rather angry but he kept his mouth shut for the time being. The Flesh Doctor heard her ask if the statue took it, he mused slightly at the thought of seeing a weeping angel on a bike.

He smiled at the image that popped into his head, before he looked over at Emma again she had looked away again, she was now looking down the road. The Flesh Doctor smiled slightly at her back she was more beautiful than he had remembered. Suddenly she turned to look at him and the sun hit her hair perfectly that made it look like she was glowing like a real angel.

He heard her ask him if he wanted to come with her. He was so enthralled by her that he had missed the first half of the sentence. The Flesh Doctor quickly snapped back to reality in time to answer her slapping his hands together "Yes, seeing as you can't get back to your normal time without me.." he said with a small smile as he walked next to her and started walking down the side walk.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 8:18 pm

Emma started walking along the road. It was partly dirt and partly gravel. Strangely, it seemed less worn than she remembered it being earlier. She mostly dismissed this, figuring she probably just hadn't noticed much about it earlier because she had been on her bike, wearing a helmet and sunglasses.

Glancing over at the Doctor, she wondered why he kept looking at her like that. She folded her arms and glanced around as she walked. It seemed like a bit longer of a walk than she had thought it would be. It seemed like a shorter distance when she was on her bike. She kept noticing that certain things looked familiar, yet somehow different.
"There's a little town not far away. I remember passing through there on my way here." She told him, thinking maybe she could contact the police about her bike and call for a ride maybe, and the Doctor could get a ride or something to wherever he needed to go.

After a while she saw the first signs of the town. She kept walking, looking around to find a police station or something, or maybe a place with a phone she could use. Unfortunately, she had left her cell phone in her bike's storage compartment, so she couldn't use that to call. She didn't see much besides a residential area, so there wasn't much chance of that around here.

Suddenly, as she was walking by a park, she was surprised to hear someone calling her name.
"Emma!" A woman called, sounding really panicked. Emma jumped and looked around, puzzled. Hearing her name called again, she hurried toward the sound to find out what was going on.
"What's going on?" She asked the woman, confused. She didn't know who she was, but she looked vaguely familiar for some reason. "What's wrong ma'am?" She asked, frowning slightly.
"My daughter is missing!" The woman exclaimed, obviously panicking and frantic.

Emma wondered how she knew Emma's name, but decided to worry about thakdt later.
"OK..calm down. I'm FBI, I can help. Where did you see your daughter last?" She asked, keeping a calm attitude. Oddly, despite the sunny day, she heard an ominous roll of thunder in the distance. It was followed by a brief flash of lightning. Emma glanced up a bit curiously but returned her attention to the worried mother.

"She was on the swings.. And then all the children started running to the ice cream truck and I lost sight of her.. Now I can't find her.." She tried not to start crying.
"OK. What's her name?" Emma asked, glancing around briefly. "Do you have a current picture of her.. And a phone?" The woman dug out a picture from her purse.
"Her name is Emma.. Emma Moss. She's only four.." She wiped a tear away as she showed Emma the picture. "I'm sorry.. I don't have a mobile phone." She said, sniffling and wiping tears away.

Emma blinked in surprise and froze for a moment before looking up slowly at the woman. She suddenly realized why the woman looked familiar. She stared at her for a moment, then looked around the park slowly. There were little things that looked faintly familiar, from a very long time ago, things barely remembered. Emma felt a small chill down her spine as she looked around, seeing the empty swing, the ice cream truck parked on the curb, the park in general.

The sound of another crack of thunder snapped Emma out of her stunned state. She swallowed and looked back at the woman, who was watching her anxiously. She looked over at the Doctor. With a shock, she realized that he hadn't been lying or pulling a joke or something. They really had, somehow, impossibly, traveled in time. They really were in 1994. And she knew exactly what happened today, what happened to Emma Moss, and how to find her too.

Her heart pounding, Emma tried to think of what to do. She turned to the woman, hesitating.
"Sorry.. I just, um, need to consult with him for a moment." She told her, before walking briskly off a bit so she would be out of earshot of the woman. She glanced at the Doctor with a look to ask him to come with her so she could talk to him. She had a million thoughts racing through her head. But she wasn't sure what to do. She wanted so badly to rescue little Emma, but what consequences might it have for her?
Back to top Go down
Ashara
Student
Student
Ashara

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 3:37 pm

The Flesh Doctor walked slightly fast enough just to keep up to Emma who seemed to walk quite quick. He noticed that she glanced over at him with an odd look on her face. He quickly looked away from her as to not creep her out. He looked around at the scenery it looked quite pretty. He listened to Emma talk about the town that was nearby. Suddenly he heard someone call out Emma's name he stopped and turned saw her walk over to a woman.

He stayed far enough away from the two that he could barely hear them but the other woman looked very upset. He heard Emma say she was with the FBI and could help. The Flesh Doctor watched as the woman dug in her purse and pulled something out and hand it to Emma.

The Flesh Doctor looked at him as she noticed that her body had tensed up slightly as she had looked around a little before she moved away from the woman a little before looking at him. He walked over to her.

"So...did you realize that I was telling you the truth now?" The Flesh Doctor said with a small smirk.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 4:23 pm

Emma frowned at him. How could he be so smu else g at a time like this? She folded her arms.
"This really isn't a good time for saying 'I told you so'." She replied, a bit upset about his attitude. "That woman's daughter is missing." She told him. She glanced toward the woman, Mrs. Moss, then looked back at him. "I..know what happens to her." She added softly, looking troubled. She bit her lip and looked down, hesitating.

She knew where to find the girl, in general anyway. She could go and rescue her, and bring her home safely to her worried parents. But that would change all of Emma's past, and while she was sure that any childhood had to be better than the one she'd had, she wasn't sure how that might change everything else. Her siblings.. Her mom and step dad.. Her grandpa. All the people that Emma had helped to rescue. Would that all go away if she messed with her past? Unfortunately, she was pretty sure it would mess it all up. Besides that, she had no idea what sort of person Emma would be if she'd grown up with kind, loving parents. What if she was a spoiled preppy girl with shallow friends and all those kind of qualities that Emma couldn't stand in other people? Would she vanish to be replaced with a different version of herself?

Emma fidgeted a little before looking up at him, almost pleadingly as she tried to form these concerns into a question.
"Wh-what would happen to me.. and to everything else I've affected in my life.. if I changed a really um..crucial point in my own past?" She asked quietly. Maybe it would be nothing. Maybe it would just fix all the bad stuff and still keep the stuff she wanted to be there. Somehow, though, she doubted that it would work like that. That didn't mean she couldn't hope for the best, though.
Back to top Go down
Ashara
Student
Student
Ashara

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 7:07 pm

The Flesh Doctor frowned slightly seeing that his comment had upset her. He frowned even more as she said that the woman's daughter was missing and that she knew what happened to her. The Flesh Doctor cocked his head slightly as he thought about that statement before everything came together in his head. He stared at Emma...she was the woman's daughter. He watched as Emma fidgeted slightly before she spoke again. She asked what would happen if she changed something big in her past.

"No..No, that would be very bad..it would create a time paradox and that is exactly what the angels want to happen..just you being here is giving them food," he said shaking his head "In fact...I think it is time we get you back to where you should be," he said touching her with his left hand.

He brought up his wrist and touched the button on the TVM and nothing happened. He dropped his arms down slightly before he looked at his wrist seeing a small message saying recharging "Well..that's not good..."
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 11:23 pm

Emma nodded slightly as he confirmed what she had already suspected. She sighed softly and glanced over at Mrs. Moss, feeling really sorry for the woman. This was her adopted mother. Emma knew that shortly after this, she was going to die. She couldn't remember if it was him or her who died first, but one died of a heart attack or something, and the other got sick and died later. Emma had always suspected that it was from grief. And she also couldn't help thinking the heart attack wasn't by chance, either.

She turned back to the Doctor and watched as he tried to use the thing on his wrist, apparently to take them back to the right time. She glanced toward the ice cream truck, then at the parking lot. She saw a truck leaving. It was familiar to her, from a very long time ago. Every bit of her, both personally and the FBI side of her, wanted to take off after it and stop him.

Emma blinked to keep tears in check, then turned back to the Doctor.
"If.. I can't change it..then please, stop me. Get me away from here..before I do anything I shouldn't." She asked him quietly. "Don't let me change anything.." She wasn't sure if she could stop herself from stopping this from happening. It wasn't too late to stop him, she knew where he would take little Emma. She still remembered where she'd lived until she was about 9 or 10. She remembered the address perfectly.

She was startled by another flash of lightning nearby. She glanced around a bit nervously, then gasped as she saw one of those angel statues not far off, as if caught in the act of moving toward them. She stepped back slightly, not sure what to do.
"Doctor.. Why's it back?" She asked, worried. She slowly stepped back again, watching the statue. She noticed out of the corners of her eyes that by now everyone else had left the park. She figured Mrs. Moss had gone to report the missing child to the police. Then she noticed that there was another angel statue a ways behind the first. She tried to stay calm, but wasn't sure what to do.
Back to top Go down
Ashara
Student
Student
Ashara

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 2:03 pm

The Flesh Doctor slightly panicked due to his TVM recharging. He heard Emma telling him to take her away from here if she couldn't change thing though technically she had already done so by just being here. He heard Emma ask why is it back, he was about to ask what is back when he looked up to see two angels frozen with their arms out in front of them and their pointy teeth showing a few feet from Emma.

"Oh..this is not good," he said again as he focused on not blinking. He assumed there was another angel that was nearby that Emma had saw..he dare not look away from the two that were near Emma for fear she wouldn't be there when he looked back. "Remember Emma don't blink..lets back away slowly.." he said as he started to slowly back away from the angels keeping his eyes on them.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 3:30 pm

Emma bit her lip and tried to think of what to do. She briefly glanced at him before he reminded her not to blink, then she quickly looked back at the angels. They had moved slightly closer to her. Her heart beat a little faster, and she resisted the urge to look behind her. The way he had been staring past her made her think there might be another one there. She wasn't sure if it was safe to move.

Emma's eyes were started to water slightly from needing to blink. She tried to ignore it and hope it would pass, but it kept getting stronger. She couldn't help blinking. The two angels in front of her moved closer and she widened her eyes a little. What now? Were they trapped here? Emma tried to come up with a plan. Then, remembering her sunglasses, she carefully put them back on to hide her eyes. There, now at least she could blink without them knowing. She didn't know that it was the mirror lenses that stopped the angels, forcing them to see their own reflections.

Emma tried to remember if she had anything to use to see behind her, such as a mirror, to see if it was safe to move back. Unfortunately, she had nothing.
"What do they want?" She asked quietly, feeling nervous but trying not to let him know how scared she felt. "How do we stop them?" She added, wondering if there was anything the two of them could do about this situation. If they could just stop those statues..maybe they could keep other people safe from them. And how were they going to get themselves back to the right year? Emma wanted to look at the Doctor, but she didn't dare look away from those statues.
Back to top Go down
Ashara
Student
Student
Ashara

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 6:12 pm

The Flesh Doctor saw that Emma had turned her head toward him. He silently cursed but she quickly turned her head back toward the angel that she was watching. He stopped walking back and just continued staring at the two angels that were behind Emma. The Flesh Doctor saw Emma put down her sunglasses down over her eyes, he smiled slightly. Clever girl he thought as he started try to think of a plan. He heard Emma ask what they wanted and how do they stop them.

"Well, they want to send you back farther in time and it will give them more power," The Flesh Doctor said starting out, he wasn't exactly sure that was what they wanted but that's what they normally did. He thought carefully before he answered her second question.

"What we need to do...is get them looking at each other because it will freeze them then we can take care of them so nobody else can get hurt, so...I need you to come quickly to me..we need them to surround us," he said as continued staring at the two angels hoping Emma wasn't too scared.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 7:50 pm

Emma frowned a little as she listened to the Doctor answer her questions.
"How do they eat from me going back in time?" She asked skeptically. It sounded a bit ridiculous. But then, that one had apparently sent her back in time so maybe it wasn't so ridiculous. He started talking about what they needed to do, and she wondered if he really knew what he was talking about.
"Are you just making this up as you go along?" She asked with a frown.

She didn't even get why they only moved when you weren't looking. Was that even true? Maybe they were only pretending so they could catch them by surprise? She most expected to zee them start moving toward them any second. She tried to take slow breaths to calm down.
"Are you sure they can't move when we're looking at them?" She asked uncertainly.

She tried to slowly move toward him, without looking away from the two who were in front of her.
"What would happen if we touched one while it's not moving?" She asked, thinking of a possible idea. Maybe if they got them unable to move, they could push them down some stairs and break the stone. She wondered if that would work, or if it would only make it angry.
Back to top Go down
Ashara
Student
Student
Ashara

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 4:26 pm

The Flesh Doctor stood still as he expected to see Emma move quickly toward him but instead she started out talking first. He slightly sighed as he listened to what she was talking about. The first question she asked was about how they fed on her being sent back in time and shortly after that she asked if he was making things up as he went along.

"They eat the things that are missed in the future..the things that were going to happen..experiences and things like that," he frowned slightly thinking if he didn't save her..he wouldn't see her again before he composed himself.

"Of course I know what I am doing, I have encountered and defeated them before!" he said but neglected to mention the one instance which the plan he had only worked was because a man had got sent back in time to tell the woman how to do it in the future.

The Flesh Doctor hoped that would get her moving to him but of course to his annoyance it did not. She once again asked another question this time about whether he was sure they couldn't move when they were looking at them.

"Yes I am sure, it is a defense mechanism it easy to kill something of flesh but a lot harder to kill something made of stone..and then when you look away..bam..back in time you go," he said as finally noticed she had started to slowly move toward him.

He heard her ask another question as slowly moved. She wanted to know what would happen if they touched it while they were stone. He raised an eyebrow slightly before he answered.

"You would still get sent back in time so not a good thing to do," he said keeping his eyes on the angels in front of him. "Didn't I say "quickly" move toward me?!" he asked becoming slightly impatient.

Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 5:51 pm

Emma frowned a little as he said that it was still dangerous to touch them even while they were stone. So that plan wouldn't work. She suddenly realized that, if there was an angel behind her, the Doctor would be having to keep from blinking. She wondered if he was having trouble with that.
"Doctor, is there one behind me?" She asked hesitantly.

She hoped the answer was no, but she had a feeling the answer would be yes. She wondered what to do, then she heard him telling her to come over to him quickly.
"I can't see where you are.. I don't want to bump into you!" She replied, frowning. She stepped a little faster, moving toward the sound of his voice.
Back to top Go down
Ashara
Student
Student
Ashara

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 9:08 pm

The Flesh Doctor watched as Emma kept slowly coming toward him and she asked him if there was an angel that was behind her. He thought slightly if he should tell her the truth or worry her more by telling her that in fact there were TWO angels behind her. As he continued to think he heard her say that she couldn't see where he was and that she didn't want to bump into him.

"Well, if I said there was one behind you...I would be lying," he said as wrung his hand slightly getting a little worried that he was going to blink and he was going to lose Emma he doubled his efforts to keep his eyes open.

"I will put my arms out when you hit my fingers, you need to keep coming and when I say..we will both blink quickly and open them before they get us..I hope," he said as he put his arms out apart slightly so that Emma could fit between them.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 10:57 am

Emma frowned a little as he gave a reply that sounded like he was trying to get around telling the whole truth. She didn't want to risk checking, but she really wanted to know if there was one behind her. She bit her lip lightly. Maybe he was just trying to keep from scaring her? But she was already rather scared, and she really just wanted to know exactly what to expect. She thought it seemed less scary if she knew stuff, than not knowing. She could deal with stuff if she knew how many she was dealing with, and how to deal with it.
"If you're trying to keep from scaring me, it's a bit late for that.." She commented quietly.

She kept moving toward him, waiting for when she bumped into his arm that he said he would put out. She hadn't realized she was this far away from him.
"If we both blink, won't they be able to move closer? Besides, I don't need to blink, I have on sunglasses that keeps them from seeing my eyes." She pointed out, now inches from his outstretched hand. "How about I look at the ones behind me while you blink, because the ones in front of me are still pretty far off." She suggested. She had a pretty good guess that his answer of 'it would be a lie to say there was one behind you' meant that there was more than one behind her. She took a few steps closer to him, now within reach of him but she missed his outstretched hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Angels (by invitation)   Looking for Angels (by invitation) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for Angels (by invitation)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next