Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_vote_lcapCurse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_voting_barCurse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_vote_lcapCurse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_voting_barCurse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

Location : In the Tardis! | Brooke: In the Tardis Library, of course.

Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) Empty
PostSubject: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 11:50 pm

The library inside the Tardis was, without doubt, Brooke's absolute favorite place to be. So quiet and peaceful. So many books. All of those potential friends, just waiting for her to meet them, were lined up so neatly and beautifully on the bookshelves. She spent quite a lot of time in here, when she wasn't running around trying to keep up with the Doctor or being hunted by some hostile alien thing bent on taking over some planet or other. Brooke had removed quite a bit of dust during the short amount of time she had been on board, but with this many books, and a library this size, it would take a long time to keep it all clean. Time better spent reading. Still, she made sure that the shelves that she had visited looked cleaner, and were better organized when she left than they were when she found them.

The girl sometimes imagined herself a bit like Belle, from Beauty and the Beast, except she considered herself no beauty. And there was no beast, since the Doctor was a really nice guy and she wasn't the least bit afraid of him, as she was of many other men. Really, she figured, her only resemblance to Belle was their shared love of books and that they now both had access to an immense library, after previously only having access to a pathetic one.

She was just finishing with her current task; working on one particular section of a bookshelf, she had spent some time dusting and cleaning off the books, and then organizing them into the proper order, straightening up all of the books, and double-checking that everything was in perfect order. Now she rubbed her eyes and decided, instead of spending the rest of the night reading as she would usually do, to take a break. Maybe she'd see what the Doctor was up to. She wasn't sure if he slept or not, but Brooke didn't feel ready for sleep yet, so she headed for the console room.

Upon arriving, she glanced around. Where was he? She peeked under the console thingy, where he had a tendency to be found, working on some wire thingy or fuse something or other. "Doctor?" She called softly, unsure if maybe 3 or 4 am was in fact a time when he might be off somewhere asleep. Actually, she had no idea what time it might be. She had no watch, and no cell phone, or any other means of telling time. It just had a 'middle of the night' feel about it, to the girl who had spent so many nights awake with a book held to the window using light from the streetlamp outside to read by.

Receiving no answer, Brooke shrugged and fiddled with the zipper on her messenger bag, thinking for a moment. She looked around, unsure what to do now. That was when she noticed the screen showing what was outside. She had expected it to show the passing scenery of the time vortex, but instead, it showed that they were actually landed on some planet. What? She blinked in surprise, looking closer. There was ground outside, and stuff like trees and whatever. They had landed. How did she not even notice that?

'Did he call me and I just didn't hear him?' She wondered, remembering how absorbed in her task she had been earlier. She frowned a bit and glanced at the door. Was the Doctor out there, exploring some cool new planet without her? She bit her lip and thought about it for a moment. It wasn't like him to take off an explore someplace without her, but then again, maybe he'd tried to get her attention and she didn't hear. He might be waiting for her or something, right? But then again, he might have landed, figured she'd be asleep, and be waiting for her to wake up. But then again, he might have landed, figured she'd be asleep, and be waiting for her to wake up. But, he ought to know she didn't sleep much.

Making a decision, Brooke slipped out through the doors of the Tardis. She looked around at the scenery around her. "Where are we? And...when are we?" She mumbled to herself. "Are we on Earth?" The sky looked strange for Earth though, but it could just be because it was, in fact, night time. After seeing the purple sky of Astronia, however, not much seemed strange in the way of skies. She glanced around again and then, realizing she was leaning against the Tardis as if scared to go away from it, she stepped further into the strange territory. "Doctor..?" She called softly, tentative. What if there were hostile aliens lurking? But all seemed silent. She found her hand toying with the charms dangling from her bracelet, and made herself stop.

A distant, bobbing, blue light drew her attention to the left. Someone was there. Might that be the Doctor? It was probably the Sonic Screwdriver, and he was probably over there investigating something. Without her. Feeling a little bit relieved as well as a slight feeling of being left out, she headed toward the light. She thought about calling out to him, but some sense of caution made her refrain. After all, she didn't know that it was him. It could be some enemy. That thought made her pause briefly, but she shook her head. 'You're just being paranoid.' She told herself. She set off into the darkness as quietly as her Converse sneakers would allow. Maybe she would even catch the Doctor by surprise for once, though it seemed unlikely. Anyway, she hoped to find out where they were, soon, and what they were doing here.

(Brooke's outfit)
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorcking.com
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2018 7:58 am

Rhydian’s days usually didn’t start like this.

Most of the time, a normal day would start off with Rhydian waking up and going to school like any normal seventeen-year-old. School for Rhydian usually consisted of the boring stuff: maths, physics, English - why couldn’t they include subjectslike advanced Quantum Mechanics, maybe throw in a little Temporal History as well? Of course, Rhydian knew the answers to these questions, but either way the point still stood that during school he was bored out of his mind. Unfortunately, while Rhydian was pretty smart, he wasn’t a supergenius, and if he wanted to get a real job in the real world (and more importantly make his mum proud by actually graduating high school), he’d need an actual education. So, for now, school was a necessary evil in his life.

It would be during periods after school when Rhydian would sneak off to some of the places where he’d feel a many number of things: the adrenaline rushing through his veins, the feeling of awe and bewilderment at new encounters and much more, all accessible through the spanner in his jacket pocket (or compressed vortex manipulator to be more precise, but Rhydian just called it his Multi-Spanner or even just a spanner). These places were encompassed by the grander scale of the universe, and even now having travelled the cosmos for over four years, he’d still not gotten his head over how large it actually was.

At the end of a day, depending on how Rhydian felt, he’d either return back to his own time accounting for the number of hours he’d spent travelling, or just return at the same time he left to not arouse any suspicion (the bad thing about that tactic was the more he used it, the more of his lifespan he’d lose with every use of his vortex manipulator). After that, he’d just hit the sack, as visiting different planets really saps the energy out of you. That, in general, was the daily routine for one Rhydian Martis.

Unfortunately for him, this wasn’t a usual day - he didn’t even get out the door before things spiralled out of control.

While Rhydian was having breakfast, his spanner started buzzing quite incessantly in his pocket, to which he responded by excusing himself from the table to go to the toilet. Checking his readings, he found the vortex manipulator was picking up a distant interplanetary distress signal. He wondered who it could have been from.

‘Well, one way to find out’, Rhydian thought as he zapped himself to the coordinates listed.

When he re-emerged once again into space and time with an electric blue flash, Rhydian was met with a forest-like landscape, darkened and alien. He used his Multi-Spanner to scan the surroundings, and to get a better reading, took a step backward to widen his parameters.

His back foot didn’t make contact with ground. In fact, it didn’t make contact with anything, as he’d materialised on the edge of a cliff, said cliff that he was now actively falling off of.

Thinking quick, the boy whipped out a long arm to grab a loose branch sticking out of the rock face, hanging on by one bloody arm, grunting as he did so. Looking down, all he could see was darkness and no apparent source to break his fall.

Oh well, could have been worse.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2018 10:44 pm

Lured further and further away, Brooke kept moving toward where she thought the Doctor must be. She felt too nervous of the unfamiliar surroundings to try and call out to him, but he seemed to be moving away from her so she kept going. That is, until a much brighter blue flash drew her attention a little ways further past the one she'd been following. The light she had been following was forgotten for a moment as she stared toward where the bright blue flash had appeared for a moment.

Brooke stood very still, listening to the stillness around her, and to her own breathing. There was nothing at all happening, except perhaps a sound she might have imagined. Was that a scuffing noise she'd heard?

After a moment, she ventured forward again. If it was the Doctor she'd been following before, then he was sure to be going to check out that big flash. Though, what if it was something dangerous? This thought made her pause briefly, but then she shook her head. 'Stop being so paranoid.' She took a deep breath and ventured onward... only to stop in her tracks, barely in time. With a gasp, she realized that the ground dropped away steeply just in front of her. It had been so dark she hadn't even noticed that.

After a moment of holding her arms out, feeling like she was balancing precariously, she managed to take a step back from the edge. The girl let out a shaky breath, knowing how close she'd come to falling off a cliff.. who knows how long of a fall it might be. 'Time for a little light, I think.' She decided. One hand went into her bag, digging around among the various things she kept in there, until she pulled out a flashlight. She clicked it on, then blinked a couple of times before shining the light around, and peered carefully over the edge.

"Oh... wow." She whispered under her breath. She swallowed a little, seeing how steep the cliff was. But what was that blue flash about? The memory of it came back to her and she glanced around, thinking it had been around here that she saw it. And that was when she spotted the bloody hand just a little ways below her, gripping a tree branch. Swiftly moving the light to shine in that spot, she was rather startled to see a person was hanging there. "Oh! Hello? Um, are you ok?" She called, worrying but not quite sure what to say. Whoever this was, they probably needed help. "I.. I think I might have some rope, if you need help?" She offered, anxious to help despite the fact she had no idea who this might be.
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 6:46 am

Getting a grip on himself, Rhydian heaved his arm up to grip the branch his other was holding onto, being careful not to lose his grip. His shuffling dislodged rocks around the cliff-face, making them cascade down the side of the cliff down to the near pitch-black chasm beneath him. He didn’t hear them hit anything, and quickly noted that falling down there would definitely mean death.

His Multi-Spanner was in his pocket. If he could just reach it to zap himself back somewhere, anywhere, he’d be safe from his impending doom looming below. With great care, Rhydian removed another hand, dislodging more bits and pieces from the cliff-face as he moved, and grabbed the Vortex Manipulator/Sonic device hybrid out of his breast pocket.

The branch slipped, causing Rhydian to jump down nearly a meter. He nearly lost his grip. Nearly.

A wave of vertigo washed over him like a wave, except that wave was more like a tsunami which nearly made him fall into that ravine beneath him. Rhydian was forced to grab onto the branch as more debris fell beneath and over him. Now there was no way to safely reach his Multi-Spanner in time to get him to teleport somewhere else, and if he fell, then teleporting somewhere would still keep the same velocity he would be falling at, making the fall equally deadly. The Shime of the Lonlay Poot.

Just as Rhydian thought ‘screw it’, and tried to grab his vortex manipulator again, he saw a flashing light from above, which he discerned was coming from just above the cliff face. A few seconds later, and a face emerged from over the cliff, making eye contact. Rhydian squinted - that looked very, very human, and about his own age by his own estimates. What was a person like her doing on this planet, if she was in fact human? In this particular time, from his readings he took on the Multi-Spanner, there’d been no signs of human activity on the surface. Maybe he read it wrong.

Rhydian was so caught up in the prospect that a human was on this planet that he completely missed the fact that there was a human on this planet - a human that could actually save him. Snapping out of his stupor, he shouted towards the new arrival:

“Hi, hello! Yes, I would quite like some help if you don’t mind! Rope would be excellent right about now, thanks!” Rhydian’s voice was somewhat muffled considering his uncomfortable up-right position. He just hoped that rope would be dropping down soon, as he wouldn’t be able to keep his grip for much longer.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 10:54 am

Before the guy ever replied to her question, Brooke had switched her flashlight to the other hand, and began digging into her bag. There must be something useful in there. She tried to be prepared for anything. In fact, since the first time she stepped on board the Tardis, she'd been paying closer attention to the sort of things she could need and trying to pack various items that could come up as needed. It would be horrible if she didn't have any rope. It crossed her mind, wondering what she might do if that were the case. Run back to the Tardis to find some? 'In that time, the guy might fall and... no, wait, there it is!'

Her fingers had brushed against the item she searched for, just when she was about to despair and decide she did not, in fact, have any rope. Filled with relief, her hand closed around it. She'd known there was some sort of rope in there. Now she remembered; Charity had given her a jump rope, telling her she should try and get more cardio exercise or something like that. Not that Brooke was interested in jumping around until she couldn't breathe. She had stuffed the rolled up rope into her bag and had not bothered with it since. Now, at least, the jump rope would get used for something much more important than jumping rope.

She pulled it out and took a moment to unwind the rope, estimating it to be around nine feet long. Hopefully, it would be plenty long enough. But would Brooke be strong enough to pull this guy up? She hesitated, doubting her ability to be enough help. But, better her to help him than no one to help him, she reminded herself. "Ok... here comes the rope.. um, watch out." She held onto one end, thankful that there was a nice handle for her to hold onto, then dropped the other end down. 'Please be long enough... hopefully it doesn't hit him in the head or something...' She thought, anxiously watching by the light of her flashlight to see if the guy would be able to grab onto the rope.

Her mind flashing briefly to the scene in her favorite book when Sam had to pull Frodo up from the cliff ledge, it occurred to Brooke that she would probably need to lie down on her stomach or something. Or would it be better to stay on her feet? She'd never pulled anyone up from a cliff before. Was there a right or wrong way to do it? She debated over these things internally for a moment before deciding that if nothing else, she would definitely need both hands. She put her flashlight into her bag with the end with the light bulb poking out of the side, then gripped the rope in both hands, trying to make sure she had a proper grip on it by the time the guy would grab it. She hoped he wasn't very heavy, at least.

"Got it?" She called down, wishing she had some way to shine the light for him to see the rope, while also holding onto her end with both hands. Or, better yet, if the Doctor was here, she could hold the light while he did the pulling on the rope and stuff. But she hadn't seen him anywhere. She would have wondered about that a bit more, but she tried to put all of her focus onto the task at hand, for now.
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 4:51 pm

Inch by inch, Rhydian felt gravity winning the battle against his quickly tiring arms, his fingers slipping on the branch through a combination of sweat and weakening, strained muscles. Looking directly upward, Rhydian saw the flashlight turn away, which for a split second made him think that his supposed rescuer had left him in his time of need. Just when he thought he’d lose his grip for good…

A bundle of rope was thrown down to the side of him, with Rhydian narrowly being missed. He immediately grabbed onto the side of the rope but didn’t tug too hard - he had no idea what sort of strength the girl above him possessed, and if he used his full body weight to keep himself upright, he might just tug her down with him as well. Being careful to balance his height and weight in the optimum position of being pulled upward (considering his tall, lanky stature, this was a feat in of itself), he gradually yanked himself up with one arm while the other kept his weight manageable for the other party involved.

One grab after the other, the young time traveller was making his way up the rope’s length. Rhydian had never abseiled or ascended before, which was surprising giving his extended history with gargantuan landmarks on alien planets, but he was pretty sure it was like rock-climbing. Find a suitable place to secure your foot, and push up with your arms. He only had a few feet to go before he reached the top.

A hand appeared from over the top of the cliff-face, and then another. Soon, those hands pulled up a face and torso, one of which belonged to a seventeen-year-old human in vaguely semi-formal clothing, who in all honesty really didn’t have any particular reason to be at this place at the current time. And yet, here he was nearly falling to his death on a faraway world. Heaving, Rhydian lifted himself up off the ledge like one would do getting out of a swimming pool, sprawling out onto the grass mere inches next to the chasm of death he was about to fall in if it weren’t for this girl who saved him.

“Thanks for that… just gimme a minute to… whooh, boy,” Rhydian gave the girl looking down at him a thumbs up as he closed his eyes and took a brief period to catch his breath. Nearly as soon as he did that, his eyes shot back open and he sprang up onto his feet.

“My name’s Rhydian! Nice to meet you!” Rhydian introduced himself with startling enthusiasm, holding a hand out for this stranger to shake. “I can’t help but notice that you don’t look like you’re from around these parts. How’d you end up on this planet, might I ask?”
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2018 11:50 pm

Once the rope went taut with the guy's weight, Brooke began worrying more and more. She hoped very much that she would be able to help him. What if she wasn't strong enough, or lost her grip on the rope? Or what if she lost her balance, and fell over the cliff too? Or even worse, what if the rope broke? Or if the cliff cut it? There were so many ways this could go wrong. Brooke closed her eyes and tried to focus on what she was doing, rather than on how she might accidentally mess it up. She was far too good at messing up, especially at times when she really, really wanted to do well.

She quickly found that she would definitely need both hands, and so gripped it as tightly as she could. It slid a little through her hands, but the metal swivelly part for the handle stopped it sliding out of her grip entirely. She cringed when the metal dug into her skin, but did not let go. At least, from what she could tell, the guy was not putting his full weight on the rope. She had a suspicion that she would not have been able to hold on, or keep from falling off the cliff with him, if he'd done that. Trying her best to keep the rope from slipping, she wrapped it once around her hand, with the other hand holding the rope just in front of that hand. She tried to pull the rope up, hoping maybe to get her hands away from the end of the rope and also to help pull him up. She had no idea how useful this actually was but that's what everyone in the movies did, right?

At last, she saw a hand grab the edge of the cliff. 'Thank goodness!' She thought in relief. He had made it to the top. She thought about going to offer him a hand, but then he might still need her to hold onto the rope, so she stayed where she was and kept it taut, until at last he had flopped down on the ground. Brooke was more than glad to be able to let go of the rope, and spent a moment rubbing her sore palms, hoping she didn't have rope burn or anything like that.

"Um..." Taking the flashlight from her bag again, she looked down at him as he rested. He must be exhausted after that climb.. Brooke could only imagine how difficult that must have been. "Oh..yeah, sure," she answered him when he thanked her. That was rather surprising. She hadn't really expected it, at least, since not many people seemed to find it that big of a deal to thank her for stuff. "I just..I'm glad I could help. And, you know.. that I was here to help, and all." 'Quit rambling...' she mentally scolded herself. "So..uh, are you ok?" She asked, beaming the light at his chest, rather than his face. She didn't want to blind him or anything, that would just be rude.

And suddenly he was up and sticking a hand toward her. Brooke hastily jumped back a little. Did he have some weapon? Or was he grabbing for her? No... just offering a handshake. Feeling rather embarrassed and somewhat awkward now, Brooke fidgeted uncomfortably. Her light remained pointed at the ground, providing enough light for them to both see each other. Hopefully he wouldn't think she was a total weirdo. Maybe he hadn't noticed her reaction? But his question was worded rather interestingly.  "Um." How could she answer that question? "No, I'm not." She shrugged and wrapped her arms around herself, holding her upper arms, almost as if she were cold. "Not from around here, I mean." she added. 'Of course, he knew you meant that. Idiot...' "I, uh," Now she was really unsure how to answer. Should she hide the fact she'd come in a spaceship? Actually... why would he have any reason to believe her, anyway?

"I just sorta.. came here in this little spaceship..thing." She shrugged, her brown eyes downcast. She couldn't help noticing his shoes, and in fact all his clothes, seemed very earth-like and more dressy than she was used to seeing teenage boys dress. Sort of strange, but then maybe guys in South Carolina were usually more slobbish than guys in..Australia? Where was this guy from, anyway? He didn't sound American. "You?" She added, glancing up a little. Maybe she would get an answer to satisfy her curiosty. Then again, for all she knew, he might be from this planet, and it might just happen to have people who sound similar to Australian people, or something like that.

And that reminded her of other questions she wouldn't mind having answers to. "Ummm... speaking of not being from around here," she tried to think of the best way to ask this without sounding like a total idiot, but nothing really came to mind so she just asked flat out, "Well, I was just wondering.. where exactly is 'here'?" She must sound like an absolute moron. She didn't even know what planet she's on... he was going to make fun of her for sure. She wished she might be able to just melt into the ground, before the merciless teasing began.
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2018 6:54 am

“So you’re not a native - that’s good, otherwise I’d need to get my spanner fixed.” Rhydian joked, pulling out his Multi-Spanner out of his breast pocket which thankfully hadn’t tumbled to its untimely death when he was hanging from that cliff, scanning the area with it while the girl he just met kept on talking. He furrowed his eyebrows slightly at the fact that she used ‘thingy’ as a suffix for ‘spaceship’, indicating that her knowledge of how she got here might not be as concrete as most people. Rhydian also noticed the fact that she sort of… jumped, when he put his hand out for her to shake. Which, in hindsight was kind of unprecedented thanks to his bouncy nature, but still. Unfortunately, this new mysterious girl was the least of his worries.

Looking at the scanner readings he’d took, he was still receiving the distress call. When he tried to narrow down the search parameters, he found that he couldn’t - it was like the call was emanating from everywhere at once. But that couldn’t be it, as either the entire planet was a giant transducer that broadcasted a whopping signal that could permeate space and time, or something else was in the midst of this mystery. That was always good. Rhydian liked mysteries.

Rhydian turned around to the girl when she asked ‘where she was’, eyeing her with a stare of perplexity and just a slight tad of suspicion. This girl didn’t even know what planet she was on! “Well, how can you not know what planet we’re on? You’re the one who travelled here in the first place! We’re obviously on-...” Oh. Hang on. What planet were they on? That was embarrassing…

Looking at his readings, he found that the planet was orbiting a binary star system with a couple moons in its gravity belt, within a Messier Galaxy a few hundred million light years away from Earth. Not much to go by. “Actually, I’m not quite sure where we are. Sorry about bursting out on you like that, I do it sometimes. I’ve had a few days where I land in whole different star systems and have no clue where I am. Happens to everyone.”

Rhydian took some more readings, and taking in the relatively luscious yet still undergrowth-like plantation brushing his legs. “Oh, and to answer your question, I got here via teleport. Sort of. But I didn’t lock onto coordinates, which is why I can’t tell you where we are at the moment. I tracked a distress signal to this planet, which is weird because the distress signal’s still broadcasting… from everywhere. I can’t seem to narrow it down, it’s like it’s got an origin point 360 degrees around…”

Rhydian, now seeming just confused, rubbed his chin and put his other free hand on his hip. That was enough scanning for today, too much and he would go mad with data analysation. This entire place was an anomaly wrapped in another anomaly sandwiched between a burrito of anomalies. He couldn’t figure it out - but, of course, Rhydian liked a challenge.

“Oh, by the way,” Rhydian added on to his last sentence, “I didn’t catch your name.”
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 11:37 am

'Spanner?' Brooke wondered what he was talking about, then when he pulled out some device she surmised that must be what he was talking about. Rhydian seemed to know far more about where they were than Brooke did. She ought to have taken a closer look at the console thing before stepping outside. She wouldn't be surprised if the screen thing showed all the information Rhydian had on his spanner device.

Fidgeting slightly under Rhydian's stare, which she felt was rather condescending whether it was meant to be or not, Brooke instantly regretted even asking where they were. She should've just kept her mouth shut. Seriously, why did she always have to go asking stupid questions? She never used to do that in school. When did she start asking stuff instead of waiting to get the answer, like she used to do?

Sure enough, Rhydian started in on her for not knowing the planet name. 'How could I know?' She wondered, biting her lip a little. It would be wonderful if she could vanish at will. Too bad she wasn't able to do that. Surprisingly, though, it turned out that he also didn't know. She could have been smug about that, but that wasn't really her way. Brooke was more concerned by the fact that neither of them had a clue where they were. In her case, having wandered off of a spaceship someone else had piloted here, it wasn't too difficult to understand how she could not know. But both of them not knowing?

Then Rhydian mentioned having teleported here, and she felt a bit better about that. She didn't show any sort of surprise, as if talk of teleporting to a random planet was a totally normal thing, and nodded thoughtfully as she listened to him explain about not locking onto specific coordinates. That made sense, though she was curious and concerned about this distress signal thing. Maybe that's why the Doctor was here? She still hadn't seen him.. which had her a bit concerned but she tried not to worry. He was far better at dealing with things than Brooke, after all.. she always felt a bit like 'baggage', just along for the ride while hoping to be of some help.

With a small little smile, Brooke couldn't resist a comment in reference to his teleporting. "So, I'm guessing you can't just ask Scotty to beam you up?" She spoke quietly, attempting a joke but unsure how well it would go over. Most people didn't get Star Wars references, let alone Star Trek. Clearing her throat, she tried to relax. Rhydian didn't seem like he was going to do anything to hurt her, and in fact, something about him halfway reminded her of the Doctor. Maybe the spanner thing reminded her of the sonic screwdriver?

She hesitated a moment, thinking back about the thing he said about a distress signal. "You said this distress signal is.. all around us?" She glanced around, but obviously didn't see anything. "Could it be the entire planet? Or...like, everyone on the planet, maybe?" She suggested, trying to think of any possible reason why the signal would be as broad as he said it was. The latter made more sense to her, but there was still things that needed explaining.

"But... it would need some focal point, wouldn't it? Like a transmitter, to broadcast such a... oh, unless they've got something like cell phone towers on this planet..?" She paused to think about that for a moment, but Brooke knew she wasn't any good at this sort of thing. She had absolutely no idea what they might have on this planet, and wondered if she ought to have just kept quiet. Her suggestion was probably a stupid one, she decided, and hoped he wouldn't be too mean about it.

Suddenly reminded that she had not told her name. "Oh.. sorry. I'm Brooke.. I forgot to say that earlier, I guess." She told him, then added, "If my friend was here, I bet he'd know what's going on." She frowned as she thought about that. Where was the Doctor, anyway? "I actually came out here looking for him," She explained, feeling a little awkward admitting that she'd lost her friend and pilot of the ship. "See, I wasn't the one piloting the ship I came in. I was um...organizing the library. It was very dusty and..stuff.." Yeah, that probably sounded incredibly lame, she realized as an afterthought. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 2:16 am

Rhydian perked up when he heard Brooke mention the Star Trek reference. “You know Kirk never actually said the exact line ‘beam me up, Scotty’ throughout all the original series and movies? It’s a misquotation, kinda like ‘Luke, I am your father’ - they’re not quite right, but close and already too cemented in pop culture that it’s pretty much irreversible to get right again. While I do enjoy the original series of Star Trek, by the way, I’m always going to be a Next Generation fan.” Rhydian smiled, realising he could ‘geek out’ in a sense without looking socially inept.

“Nice to meet you, Brooke. It’s not often that I get some company when doing stuff like this, and that’s too bad because, if you didn’t already figure it out, I’m a little bit of a clutz if what happened a few minutes ago was any indication.” Rhydian rubbed the back of his neck, sheepish. He was obviously referring to the blunder he’d made when he stupidly tripped over to his near-impending doom. If it weren’t for Brooke being there, he’d have most likely gone splat one way or another.

“Yes, this distress signal is all around us, but… that’s the problem - there is no focal point. I was thinking what you were thinking at first, for a broadcast to be, well, broadcast, it has to come from somewhere. But it’s like it’s coming from all around us, encasing us in a call for help-” Rhydian articulated his words physically by spinning around on his heel with his arms stretched out at his sides, as to gesture towards the signal that was supposedly coming from everywhere at once, “-if my Spanner was just a little more specific in its scans, I might be able to pick up something reminiscent of an epicenter, but at the moment there’s just nothing I can find around here-”

Rhydian’s jacket pocket bleeped. It was his Multi-Spanner indicating it’d gotten a reading.

Rhydian fished his pocket for it, and once he got a hold of it, held it up into the light of the dimming suns in the sky to read what it’d picked up. The look on Rhydian’s face slowly darkened into a face of worried confusion. “That can’t be right... “ Rhydian’s eyes narrowed at the spanner. He started connecting the dots. He turned to Brooke.

“It says here that there’s a low-level psychic field emanating from all around us as well. That would be fine if there was an origin point for that field as well, but there’s not - so now there are two origin points unaccounted for. I’d guess that this distress signal is most likely being held up by this psychic field, that’s why it can travel great distances. But the real kicker here is that this psychic field is registered to be completely natural - produced and sustained by a biological entity. There aren’t any intelligent life-forms around here apart from the plants, and my Spanner has confirmed that it’s not coming from them. So where is the field coming from?…”

A rustling started shake the brush behind the pair. And then in front of them. Soon, the entire forest surrounding the two was shaking with increasing volatility. But it wasn’t thick brush or anything - if someone was in the trees, they’d be able to see them with little trouble. But Rhydian wasn’t seeing anything that looked remotely large enough to shake these trees to the degree they were.

Thinking quick, Rhydian grabbed Brooke’s hand and shouted “Run with me!” and proceeded to tug her along and hoping she’d be quick to catch on and they’d be quicker to get out of here.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 12:02 pm

Surprised, Brooke smiled a little after hearing Rhydian comment on the Star Trek thing. He actually knew stuff! Cool stuff, that is. She hadn't expected it, but it was a nice surprise. Relaxing slightly, she nodded in reply. "Yeah, I know." She smiled. "It was always close, but never that exact phrasing, like 'Scotty, beam us up' and 'Beam them out of there, Scotty', and stuff like that." It wasn't often that she had anyone besides the Doctor to talk about geeky stuff with, but the conversation didn't last long, as the situation at hand was more important.

Trying to make sense of the stuff he'd said about the thing not having any sort of focal point, she watched Rhydian spin around while he talked about it. She glanced around, trying to think of some sort of inspiration that might explain what was going on. Who would be calling for help? Why not just be open about it? She bit her lip, trying to think. The Tardis usually locked onto stuff like that, right? So that's probably why the Tardis was here. The Doctor was probably off investigating it, she figured, though she didn't know why he hadn't bothered to get her. 'Maybe he figured I wouldn't be any help?' She wondered, a little gloomily. Wishing she could be more useful, Brooke absently toyed with the zipper on her Nintendo bag while Rhydian was looking at his spanner..whatever that was.

Before she could get too deep in her thoughts, Rhydian spoke again, "That can't be right."

Brooke looked up again. "What's wrong?" She wondered. The worried look on his face made her worried, too. What was wrong? Was the planet about to blow up? Were they in horrible danger? Imagining the worst, Brooke was somewhat surprised by the answer. Psychic fields? She tilted her head a little as she tried to make sense of the stuff he was telling her. "Are you..." She was about to ask if he was sure there weren't any intelligent life forms around, when a rustling noise nearby startled her. She whipped around, aiming her light at the spot. Her heart sped up and she tensed, fearing what might be lurking near them. Wild animals, maybe? Hostile natives of the planet? Her knuckles were white, she was gripping the flashlight so tightly.

She caught a glimpse of a face in the bush, and she felt unexplainably terrified. There was more rustling all around them, and she cast her flashlight beam swiftly around. The forest seemed suddenly filled with others like the first. She and Rhydian were surrounded! Thoughts flashed through her mind of stories she'd read about missionaries and other people going to hostile places where the natives were cannibals. Then there were also the historical accounts of Native Americans who used to go massacring the English settlers, and scalping them and stuff. She had no idea what sort of people these were, but she didn't think they seemed human. 'Aliens, of course... Well, natives of whatever planet we're on...' She felt frozen in fear for a few seconds, rooted to the spot while wondering what was going to happen to her and Rhydian now, and didn't even realize they were merely ghosts, and she also had no idea that Rhydian could see nothing around them.

Someone grabbing her hand startled her out of her deer-in-headlights mode. She thought, briefly, that one of the aliens had grabbed her. She jumped and was about to yank her hand away, as she didn't like people touching her at all, unless she really trusted that person. But, seeing it was only Rhydian, she nodded in reply to his suggestion that they run. She didn't even groan about having to run. Despite being one who usually hated running, Brooke didn't hesitate to run along with Rhydian. She wasn't the fastest runner, but had been training with Charity for a little while so she was better than she had been before the Library of Alexandria, at least. With Rhydian's help, tugging her along with him, Brooke did her best to keep up with him, though she found it harder running through a forest than on smooth, level floor. She was too scared to stay behind and find out what those natives were going to do though, so she pushed herself to run as well as she could.

"We..be safe.. in the ship.." She managed to say while running. She pointed in the direction she knew she had come from. It wasn't far, if she recalled right. If they could make it to the Tardis, they would surely be safe. And then maybe she could try and contact the Doctor. He usually had a cell phone, right? She was pretty sure he did. She could use the Tardis phone and call him, and find out where he is, and...

Emerging from the forest into the small clearing where the Tardis had been parked, Brooke skid to a halt in shock. The Tardis was gone! Eyes widening, she looked around in a near panic. "It... it's gone!" She gasped. She felt stunned, almost like all the air had been knocked out of her lungs. What happened!? Did the Doctor leave without her? Surely, he wouldn't do that? He wouldn't! Would he? Maybe he didn't know she wasn't still on board. Or, maybe he had gotten tired of her... it was the other Doctor who asked her along, after all... but why drop her off on a foreign, possibly hostile planet? Maybe he just thought it was a good time to be rid of her...

Her mind was racing with possible explanations, most of them negative. She realized she needed to calm down and keep her breathing steady, or that annoying asthma was going to flare up and she really didn't want to deal with that right now. Taking shaky deep breaths, she glanced around, back the way they'd come. Were the natives chasing them? Where could they run? She had no idea where they were, or what lay beyond the next section of forest. "A..are they.. still after us?" She asked Rhydian, while forcing her mind to focus on the situation at hand, rather than puzzling over what happened with the Tardis. She pushed that off to the back of her mind, forcing herself to forget about that. For now, at least.
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 5:13 am

When Rhydian ran, he ran as fast as he could and never stopped unless it was for someone else in danger. This time was no exception, not paying much attention to where he was going but rather making sure Brooke kept up with him and making an effort not to lose her in the process of sprinting away from… what were they sprinting away from? Sure, Rhydian had registered a pretty substantial psychic field that seemed to be emanating from everywhere, but that didn’t answer why the trees were shaking in quite an intimidating manner, a way that was most likely dangerous for the two. In fact, Rhydian confirmed this when they started running, and the shaking of trees and shrubs followed them as they sped off in one direction.

Rhydian heard Brooke say something from behind him as they ran, something saying that they’d be safe in her ship. Now that was a possibility of refuge. Since she hadn’t changed direction, he assumed that she was running the right way towards her ship. Bursting through to a clearing in the forest, Rhydian could definitely see a lack of trees around the area - but no ship. The fact that there was no ship was emphasised by Brooke’s distraught reaction when they emerged from the forest into the clearing to find no sort of transportation vehicle in sight.

“It’s gone? Well, has someone stole it? It’s your ship, right?” Rhydian questioned, but quickly realised that there was no point in dwelling on things that you can’t change. “Wait, don’t answer that. Sssh - listen.” Rhydian put his finger up to signal silence, and he heard… nothing. No rustling of trees from whatever was chasing them, no cracking of branches or snapping of tree trunks. Which was a good sign.

Except, Rhydian realised after a few seconds of silence, it wasn’t.

There wasn’t just an absence of the sounds of things chasing them - it was the absence of any sound at all. Listening really, really closely, Rhydian could here absolutely nothing - no wind, no life or fauna, no telltale signs of life of any kind. It was like the air stood still - actually, he should check that out. Sticking his finger in his mouth and putting it back up in the air again, Rhydian felt no wind at all, not even a light breeze. Something was definitely off, Rhydian was sure of it.

Pulling out his Multi-Spanner, Rhydian scanned the area for what felt like the millionth time in the past twenty minutes. Checking his readings, he grimaced. “The psychic field is still surrounding us. Whatever chased us back there had some pretty good means of camouflage - I couldn’t make out whatever was causing the tree-shaking, not even glimpses or blurs. Might be some sort of invisibility field, or maybe even a well-designed perception filter…

“But! Do you know what is really intriguing me about this place?”
Rhydian questioned, walking closer to Brooke with his finger still in the air. “The things you can hear. Listen real closely, try and pay attention to the tiniest details in the air currents… and you’ll quickly find that there is nothing to listen to. It’s literally dead silent here, like we’ve been shut in a sound-proof padding room. I don’t need my spanner to scan for that. So that raises the question: what is stopping the noise? There are the obvious answers, such as we’ve entered a noise-cancelling force-field or energy dome, or mabye the lack of noise is inherent to what planet we’re on.”

Rhydian put his hands in his pockets and pointed to a path down the clearing going further into the forest, “But I’m willing to bet that whatever answers we’ll find, we’ll find in that particularly conveniently-placed artificial-looking pathway through the forest there. I can always go for one of those. Besides, I don’t feel comfortable standing still after what just happened.” Rhydian started walking down the path into the darkness of the trees, and called out, “Only if you’re comfortable with this, though! I can always get us out of here if you want!”
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2018 8:11 pm

Brooke's attempt not to think about the possibility of the Doctor leaving without her was made more difficult when Rhydian asked about the ship being stolen, and wasn't it her ship. She shook her head slightly, feeling somewhat miserable. No one would, or could have stolen the Tardis, if the Doctor's claims were true. Only he would know how to pilot it, anyway, or so she thought. "No.. I'm.. only a passenger..." She replied quietly, but trailed off when Rhydian told her not to answer. 'Oops, a bit too late for that...' She thought, but she hushed without going any further. The possibility that she was totally stranded on a hostile planet was becoming more and more likely, and therefore making her feel more and more distressed and worried.

She stood listening with her arms hugged around herself, or at least with one hand cupping her other elbow and the other holding the flashlight and sort of tucked under the other elbow. She didn't really think it was cold, but she felt little shivers now and then, though she couldn't explain why. She gave Rhydian a bit of a confused look though, after he mentioned the creatures who chased them having good camouglage. She opened her mouth to mention that she'd seen them, but then thought better of it. Particularly, because right at the moment she'd considered speaking up, he started asking what was most intriguing. Thinking over several possible answers in her mind, Brooke simply shrugged a little bit. She didn't know what he had in mind, so whatever answer she gave was likely to be the wrong one. So, she figured it was best to just wait to hear what he was going to say.

And she was right, her answer would have been very wrong. She glanced around and listened carefully. Rather than silence, Brooke could hear eerie whisperings, just on the edge of hearing. She couldn't catch any words, just the noise of many distant voices whispering, just loud enough that she could hear the whispering but just quiet enough she couldn't make out what was being said. She felt almost like the whispers were about her and Rhydian, but she couldn't be sure. It was somewhat unnerving, and she had an unexplanable sense that there was hostility behind these whispers, as well.

Brooke turned to Rhydian after she had listened hard for a moment in an attempt to make out what these hostile people were saying. She had again opened her mouth a little, to say something. But then she froze. He couldn't hear the whispers? He only heard silence. A brief flash of memory from elementary school passed through her mind, from the playground when the kids used to tease her and call her crazy when she heard things no one else could hear, or she would speak to people that none of the other kids could see, like her imaginary friend. If Rhydian couldn't hear anything, or see anything here, he might conclude that she's crazy, if she admitted to seeing and hearing people.

After seeming to stare at him for a couple of seconds, she bit her lip and nodded as if she agreed that the silence was, in fact, intriguing. Her mind racing over the strange things going on here, she turned to see what pathway he was talking about. She frowned a bit, hesitating, then a little bit reluctantly followed him. She wasn't entirely comfortable with this, in fact she was very uncomfortable with it, but she wasn't about to say so. It wasn't like there was much else she could do, after all. The Tardis was gone, which meant the Doctor was gone, and there was apparently some sort of distress signal or something, so someone might as well figure it out. Besides, if she stayed behind in the clearing, she might be in more danger. She was probably best off sticking with Rhydian.

"So..." She hesitated, trying to pretend she was 'normal' and could hear nothing but silence, just like him. "um, the silence thing.. if it was like you said.. wouldn't that mean we couldn't hear each other?" She questioned. Or maybe she'd misunderstood what he meant by that. Maybe she just made herself sound like a total idiot. Maybe she should've just kept her mouth shut and silently agreed with everything he said.. but then she'd probably just look like a mute idiot with no brain of her own. She gave a silent, inward sigh and toyed with the charms on her bracelet while she followed Rhydian, and glanced around at the dark forest with aid from her flashlight.

The whispers sounded a bit more intense now, to her ears, but she still couldn't tell anymore about them. It felt spooky, like something from a horror film or something. Or, maybe this was what it would be like walking through a forest of Huorns, like the ones that showed up after the Battle of Helm's Deep. She tried to imagine if this would be what that felt like, but she decided it actually felt the way she imagined the Paths of the Dead must have been like for Gimli to walk through. Would they be able to come out on the other side unharmed, though?

Last edited by Brooke/Charity on Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 8:20 am

Rhydian walked on through the clearing and into the forest, getting denser and denser as he progressed. Luckily, Brooke had chosen to tag along with him, which was always helpful as he never knew whether he’d need an extra hand or not. Despite this fact, he was a little wary of her - more appropriately, he was a little wary of her being another thing to protect. Rhydian never truly got comfortable with travelling with groups or pairs or with any other people in general, because he had a tendency of putting other people's’ lives in front of his own - he can recall many instances of dramatically jumping in front of pulse rifle shots or tanking explosions in actions of self-sacrifice, except with less heroism involved and more chance-taking stupidity, burns, bruises and recovery in some hospital in the 51st century. It wasn’t pretty for him, and there always was the off chance that his efforts to save whoever was in trouble would all be for naught…

Back when Rhydian was still young, still hardened from receiving little to no closure about his father’s death, he didn’t socialise at all during his travels. He avoided anyone coming up to talk to him like the plague, and evaded any social interaction only because, back then, it was hard-wired into his system. When he was put into the situation where he’d have to work together with someone to solve a problem, he either shoved them away and did it himself or put up with it. It was a great strategy at the time, until he learned the hard way that it wasn’t the best way to go around things. It all happened when he met the prince of Pyrovillia himself.

Rhydian had quite a history with the Pyroviles. His father was an avid visitor of the planet even though you usually needed a heavily padded industrial heat-resistant suit to survive on the surface. Luckily, the Pyroviles was a surprisingly civilised race, and accommodated for visitors, more specifically the humanoid kind, by keeping their interior infrastructure at a lower temperature. It happened by chance that he stumbled across the prince of Pyrovillia himself - Kash T’Rall, tall and royal and fit the bill as a prince of an entire planet. His appearance depicted his personality quite well; hot-headed, impulsive and coming off as intimidating and unapproachable. Of course, Rhydian had no business with a member of the royal family such as Kash, but due to a certain predicament they landed themselves in involving a radical Pyrovillian terrorist group, a few quantum pulse charges and a bomb threat, they were forced to reluctantly work together to save the planet from falling into political anarchy.

They succeeded, of course - they made an excellent team - but neither of them wanted to admit that fact. Kash was too stubborn, and Rhydian was too socially introverted, but they developed a weird sort of friendship in which nothing really needed to be said to be conveyed to the other (another issue that made it more annoying than anything was that Kash was at least a few hundred degrees celsius in temperature, meaning he couldn’t take Kash anywhere without him wearing a coolant field, something that Kash found unbelievably uncomfortable. It also made touching him essentially deadly, and Rhydian had to throw out at least three jackets because the oh-so graceful Pyrovillian hier couldn’t keep his bloody balance in 0.3g). Kash kept popping up in more and more of Rhydian’s travels either by chance or by call, and soon he was showing up just for fun. Rhydian would still consider Kash today as probably his best friend, which was weird in of itself excluding the fact that Kash was a seven-and-a-half foot alien lava monster. However, their friendship truly withstood the test of their hardships when Rhydian’s father was involved.

The long story short was that Rhydian’s father was a Time Agent who renounced his position in the force and quit, moving to 21st century Earth where he met Rhydian’s mother. Devastatingly, Rhydian’s father was found dead when Rhydian was only seven years old, which was why his personality the way it was for a long time in his youth - and there weren’t exactly psychiatrists on hand in the middle of Australia. The death was passed off as accidental, even though it sparked wild rumours throughout the town about serial killers… and possibly arson, since the body was found with scorch marks. Rhydian wouldn’t put the two together until many years later when he met the Pyrovillians and realised why his father spent so much time there. Rhydian, revisiting the moment of his father’s death through time, something his father had SPECIFICALLY told him NEVER to do no matter what he learned (it was complicated; Rhydian had received the Multi-Spanner from his father in the past, who knew he was destined to die in the 21st century), and found the same Pyrovillian terrorist group Rhydian had stopped on Pyrovillia with Kash were back again and dead-set on killing not only his father, being a member of the Time Agency, but to take Earth with them in the process.

Planning on stopping them, Rhydian called Kash to help him fight off the terrorist group and stop the explosion. His father came along for the ride (oh, how everything was coming together) and a skirmish was initiated in a cave system near the town where Rhydian grew up in - the location where the bomb would detonate. They stopped the countdown with more than enough time to spare, and took care of the terrorists too. Rhydian, at the very moment he disarmed that bomb, felt a sort of peace with himself. In that very moment…

He remembered what his father said to him. About fixed points in time. And that his death could never be re-written.

His father was shot down by a remaining Pyrovile soldier, who played dead on the floor. Despite any attempt Rhydian made to resuscitate his downed father, it was no use: time had realigned itself with recorded history, and the past was cemented - Rhydian couldn’t do anything about it, not even if he tried. Anger flooded every fibre of his being, an unadulterated ocean of rage undimmed by time and unbound by death - the tempest of a child amplified to the most dangerous degree.

Rhydian had that Pyrovile The Shime of the Lonlay Poot-face at gunpoint, and he could have activated the last plasma charge within his weapon - if he did, it would have been his first ever kill in cold blood. His bloodlust was washing his eyes with red, and he swore the flickering flames of that Pyrovile’s skin were mocking him, dancing in front of him. He squeezed the trigger with almost enough pressure to give Rhydian what he wanted.

But not what he needed. Kash pointed that out almost immediately.

It was Kash who convinced Rhydian not to fire that weapon off, not to kill that terrorist and bring him to justice in front of the Grand Pyrovillian Court. Kash had killed people in the past - he was a trained warrior, and fought many formidable foes such as the Shadowkin, the Gelth, the Skovox and numerous others, and another head on his belt was like another month gone by. If it were anyone else, the Pyrovile prince wouldn’t bat an eye - but his friendship with Rhydian powered him to tell him to stop. Tell him that he shouldn’t, that he was better than this, that he needed to do what was right. It worked, thankfully. But Rhydian’s father was still dead.

Rhydian viewed this event as a cleansing of his soul, not that he believed in souls or anything. He supposed it was like a detox for his brain, because after that fateful day where he saw his father murdered in front of his eyes and gave up the only opportunity to exact revenge for him, he felt like he’d changed. And changed he did. Rather than being an introverted dickwad, Rhydian instead became an outgoing, avant-garde ball of energy that was just waiting to be released from underneath the psychological and emotional torment that had pained him for years because of the death of his father. Rhydian, in all honesty, didn’t exactly know the scientific reason why he’d changed after this event - it could have been the closure he received, or maybe such a mentally damaging experience awakened something deep beneath him, but whatever it was, Rhydian was grateful for it. And he couldn’t have done it without Kash. If anything, Rhydian was a little afraid of what he might have become if Kash wasn’t there and he pulled that trigger anyway…

Pushing stray branches and leaves out of the way of his face as he walked, the time-travelling boy pondered Brooke’s question to him about why they could hear each-other’s voices but couldn’t hear anything else. “That’s actually a pretty good question, Brooke. If I’m being completely frank, I’m not exactly sure. Some sort of targeted soundwave compression field, maybe? Or possibly an illusion of the ears formed by sonic mirrors. Or it could be the psychic field manipulating our minds into some form of audible perception filter? I’m actually glad you brought it up, because I didn’t notice that before in the clearing.”

The further they walked through the forest, the more a gnawing feeling of anxiety clawed at the back of Rhydian’s mind, almost as if it wasn’t quite there. Something didn’t feel right, Rhydian knew that from the start when those things in the trees started chasing them. Still, though… it felt like they were being watched, even though that sounded so cheesy in Rhydian’s head. He was snapped out of his thoughtful stupor, however, when he nearly tripped on something that was hit by his foot. Looking down, he saw… a stone?

“Hold on, Brooke. This looks interesting…” Crouching down on one knee, Rhydian dusted off the stone and found it to be quite large, only the corner of it jutting out to be visible above ground. Dusting off more, he saw the corner was definitely rectangular and edged at 90 degree angles. This was artificially made, he was sure of it. Dusting off more and more of the dirt, he quickly realised he wasn’t going to be able to dig this up any time soon without help from a tool.

“Brooke, look at this. It’s definitely man-made… well, manufactured by a life-form with some semblance of geometrical symmetry which plays to their architectural aesthetic. This is a sign that there was life on this planet before…”
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 11:11 am

Somewhat surprised that Rhydian thought her suggestion a good one, Brooke felt a bit better about having suggested it. She stayed quiet as she considered a few of the options he suggested. Maybe she ought to mention that she could hear stuff? But then he'd think she was just hearing things, or maybe he'd think there was something wrong with him. But she couldn't think of why she could hear things and he could not.

As she pondered this mystery, the path went on, and Brooke felt more and more nervous about the whole thing. That whispering was making her feel quite edgy, and she wondered whether she just couldn't hear the words well enough to make it out, or if she just couldn't understand the language being spoken. Usually she could understand languages on other planets the Doctor took her to. But he was gone, and she was pretty sure it had to do with the Tardis or something so maybe that had something to do with it?

She aimed her flashlight off into the forest. Catching a glimpse of something moving, just off the path they were on, she tensed and tried to see what it was. More of the aliens that had chased them? Or was it some sort of creature that lived here? She wondered what sort of animals were native to this planet. Were they dangerous? And were these aliens dangerous? Where did this path lead? Brooke shined her light ahead, trying to see where it might lead. Were they going into a trap? She wondered what would be at the end of this path. She had a very uneasy feeling about it, and suspected that there would be something unpleasant. Maybe they should turn around. She debated whether to mention this idea to Rhydian, but then again, it wasn't like things would be much better if they did turn around and go back.

She heard a noise to her left and swiftly aimed her light that way. She only saw dark shapes moving in the shadows, though. And eyes, watching from out of the darkness. 'Maybe this is more like Mirkwood,' she thought, thinking about the scenes where Bilbo and the dwarves were traveling through and kept seeing eyes peering out of the darkness at them. She felt like her heart was trying to break a record on beating fast. Remembering that ordeal with the fearmonger.. that seemed like so long ago now.. Brooke tried to calm herself. It might make things worse if she let herself get all worked up with terror, so she carefully took a deep breath and then let it out slowly. 'Calm down.. they haven't done anything but chase us, so far.. and whisper eerily all around us...'

She jumped a bit when Rhydian suddenly spoke after a bit of silence. She turned to see what he was calling her attention to. "Wh-what is it?" She asked, moving closer to see what he was looking at. She pointed her light down to help them both see it, and frowned a bit at the thing he was uncovering. A rock? Made by aliens? But for what purpose? She used her spare hand to help in brushing some of the dirt off. "Why though.. do you think it's part of something else, maybe?" She wondered how big this thing might be. "Like... maybe it's the corner of a..spaceship or something?" She hesitated. Maybe that was a dumb suggestion, but she'd seen spaceships that seemed to be made of stone, though she couldn't figure out the science for how that would fly through space. "Or a building.." She added, thinking that might be a bit less far-fetched of a suggestion. Buildings were often made of stone, so that might make a bit more sense. Unless this wasn't even a stone, and just looked like stone.

She leaned closer to get a better look. Was it stone or something made to look like stone? Brushing a little more dirt off of it, she was wondering how far this 'stone' went when she suddenly felt a chill. Like, very deep in-your-bones kind of chilled. Tensing, she stopped digging and let the flashlight fall to the ground as she shivered and wrapped her arms around herself quickly, as if that might protect her from..whatever. It wasn't so much the cold as the feeling that there was some sort of a threat near her. Maybe she ought to get her dagger out, but she wasn't sure what good it would do, seeing as she had no idea how to use a dagger. A more pressing concern right now was, were they in danger, or was she imagining it? Should she say anything to Rhydian? Would he believe her if she did? And if she was imagining this feeling of a nearby threat, and mentioned it to Rhydian, would he think she was crazy? "M-maybe we should..go on.." She managed to mumble at last, though as long as she sat there like that, he was sure to have noticed and be wondering what's wrong with her.
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 8:25 pm

“Uhm… it’s made of stone, so it’s unlikely that it’d be a spaceship. I do know a few granite rock-based escape pods, so it’s not entirely implausible. But I’m more for the possibility that this thing is a piece of a building. Well, just infrastructure in general. A lot of things are made out of stone; bricks, statues, walls…”

Rhydian frowned, pulling out his Multi-Spanner from his jacket pocket and scanning the corner sticking out from the ground, “... gravestones.” he muttered under his breath, as he took his readings.

Well, this doesn’t look to be too technologically advanced; it’s just treated stone and mischmetal, so it’s been haphazardly harvested from the ground and chopped up with a stone-cutter. Probably just a brick, but…” Rhydian stood up, pocketing the device in his hand, “It does confirm my suspicion that there was life here on this planet. And not too long ago, might I add.”

The boy raised an eyebrow when Brooke said that they should probably move on, and he indeed sensed her unease. He gave her a skeptical look, “Are you sure you’re alright to go on? I can take you wherever you need to be with my vortex manipulator. It’d be a bumpy ride but it can take you wherever you choose. Don’t think of me as someone who’s forcing you into doing something you don’t want to do.”

Rhydian continued, “But, if you really want to keep moving forward, we can, because I’ve got the strange feeling that we’re not exactly safe if we stay still for too long.” Turning around and beginning to walk again, the feeling of uncertainty, what laid before him in the darkened brush before him, dissipated somewhat but still laid pseudo-dormant within the peripherals of his mind. He didn’t like that feeling of uneasiness one bit, as usually whenever he got it, it meant something dangerous was on the rise. It didn’t help that whatever chased them into the clearing beforehand was apparently invisible to the eye as far as he could see.

“So, what’s your story?” Rhydian began with caution, trying to start small-talk but recognising that Brooke was just a little bit shy. “You know, how’d you end up on this planet? You said you didn’t travel alone here, and that the ship that disappeared wasn’t your ship, correct? I’d love to hear about your travels if you have any, because once you get me going about where I’ve been in the universe, I never stop.”
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 12:53 pm

Of course, the spaceship suggestion was dumb. Brooke bit her lip, wondering why she'd said something so dumb. The only other ones she'd seen were crashed, so obviously they'd figured out that rock was a bad substance to make a ship out of. The other things he suggested that it could be sounded much more likely, though the last one had given her a little shiver. She wasn't sure why. She wasn't normally frightened of things like graves and cemeteries. She'd spent a bit of time in the one in her hometown, visiting her mom's grave and all.

Trying to get over the strange chill she had experienced, she considered whether she ought to mention to Rhydian that she had seen people here. He had obviously not seen them, though, so this confused her and made her hesitate. She rubbed her arms and stood up, glancing around. What should she say to him? Should she accept the offer to go somewhere else? But she didn't know him, and she doubted he could take her into the Tardis. That was where she wanted to go, but the Tardis was gone.

As much as she appreciated him saying that, about not wanting to force her into doing something she didn't want to do, she didn't think she could just abandon this place. "Thanks.." she said quietly. "But.. um. I don't think I..should, or could, leave." she fidgeted slightly as she glanced around, then grabbed her flashlight off the ground. "There's like... a distress thingy, you said, so..yeah." She started to mention the people she had seen, who had chased them. But she held back, fearing that he wouldn't believe her.

Hurrying to catch up to him when he started walking again, Brooke clutched her flashlight tightly in one hand, and with the other, held her elbow. She was considering mentioning that she agreed with what he said about not being safe if they stay in one place for too long, because those aliens might catch up to them. But about that moment he was asking her stuff about herself. She paused and considered how to reply to that.

"Oh, um. Well, it's... there isn't really that much to tell. Your adventures are probably more interesting." She answered with a small shrug. "I.." How much should she tell him? "But, well, I kinda met this guy," wait, no, that sounded way wrong from what it actually was... "I mean," she tried to clarify, "There was this thing happening, in my town, really bad stuff, you know, and this man showed up and like, saved everyone. I tried to help... I probably just made it worse but well, he had this spaceship and.. I'm not really sure why but he asked me about coming along on some adventures.. and I'm not sure why, but I went with him." She shrugged slightly, glancing down. Honestly, it was quite unlike her to just go off with a strange man.. but something about him had seemed much different than the men she was used to, and she'd been pretty desperate to get away from home.

"Anyway I've gone to a few places with him, and sometimes his friend comes along.. she's pretty nice. We went to this amazing library.." She smiled at that, but stopped herself saying WHICH library, as she knew there was no way in the universe Rhydian would believe she'd gone to The Library of Alexandria right before it caught on fire... "I usually don't really do that much, but I try..." she said, under-exaggerating her part in the adventures, as usual. "Um, like one time we were at this rehab like place and this lady was like Umbridge and stuff... I got kinda locked up in the basement and missed most of that adventure, though." She added with a shrug.
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 6:09 am

Listening intently to Brooke as he walked, Rhydian started to relax as they made casual conversation. He was still on guard, mind you; anyone would be if the impending threat of invisible monsters that could cause earthquake-like trembles in a forest was right at your metaphorical doorstep, and the atmosphere wasn’t exactly inviting in this progressively darkening bush. But he was still relaxing, even if it was just for a little while, as he trudged through the rough outline of a path made through the dense flora beneath his feet. He nodded along as Brooke spoke, taking in the environment around him with his hands in his pockets.

Rhydian smiled again when he picked up that Harry Potter reference when Brooke was speaking about one of her travels with that man. "If you describe her with ‘Umbridge’ then she really must be bad.” He chuckled at his remark, "The man you met must be pretty cool if he takes you on all of those trips. I get by with my spanner, I don’t have any fancy spaceship to cruise me around the universe. On one hand I guess I’m thankful for it; spaceships get me too comfortable at times, and the places I go are places I need to keep myself on my toes.”

Sighing, Rhydian continued, “You know, I’m glad you chose to stick around. I appreciate the company. Without you, I’d be at the bottom of that crevice beforehand. Thank you again for that, by the way. That wasn’t how I expected my day to go when I woke up this morning, but hey, I expect a lot of things…”

Rhydian kept walking on and on, but steady in his path and in his mindset. He knew if they just kept going for a little bit longer they’d reach something of substantial value, significance or evidence pertaining to their ‘quest’. Side-eyeing Brooke to his side with a flicker, Rhydian read her body posture and gestures to get a better understanding of her… that sounded better in Rhydian’s head. He saw her clutch her elbow with the flashlight held tightly in the other hand, giving the impression that she was trying to make herself as small as possible. She was meek, tense, and most of all, probably afraid. Rhydian didn’t blame her; he was afraid too.

A shimmer of murky gray turned up in the distance, making Rhydian perk up to attention. He could see the faint outline of something square-ish from the beam of light cast by Brooke’s flashlight, and to get a better view at it, he took out his Multi-Spanner and cast his own blue-tinged beam from the emitter tip. As they progressed closer to what now looked very, very artificial, Rhydian got a glimpse of much more. They were stone, like what the pair found previously buried in the dirt of the path they were on. He only noticed now that they were entering another clearing of sorts, or better yet, exiting this forest entirely. The trees became more sparse in their spread, but the surroundings still remained as dark as it was before despite of the removal of canopy coverage.

When Rhydian exited the remaining shrubs of the forest, he got the full picture of what they were seeing: a vast array of monolith-type stones and statues stretching as far as the darkened view of the horizon. The more Rhydian looked, the more he saw of these stone creations - some of them were pillars, some of them were blocks, some were entire houses and mansions. Some were monoliths of great size, stretching to the sky well above five storeys, and others were statues of what looked like humanoid figures depicted and shaped in the crafted granite stone that seemed to make up everything else here.

“Well, now we know why that other stone we found before was there. There must be thousands of these things here…” Upon closer inspection of the view the pair were presented, the boy discovered that many of these stone creations were houses, and the random pieces strewn around seemed to either be unconstructed or pieces of debris or rubble from other existing buildings.

So, this place had been around a while.

“This just got interesting - wanna take a look around?” Rhydian asked, but he knew Brooke would say yes. Probably. If she made it this far, she’d go further, Rhydian was confident of it. Walking into the field of stone houses and infrastructure, he marvelled at the fact that none of them had seams or cut-marks or stitch-marks anywhere; they seemed to be carved entirely from one giant block of stone with a stone cutter or something along the lines of that. Very intriguing…

A rock was knocked over behind Rhydian, the sound of it ringing across the open field of stone buildings. He froze, as still and silent as the stones that surrounded them.

“Brooke…” Rhydian began as softly as he dared, turning around to face her, “Don’t move. Not yet… I think those things that chased us are back…”
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 9:38 pm

Brooke went quiet and nodded in reply as Rhydian mentioned the Umbridge lady must be really bad. She debated whether to mention that she had basically caused Brooke's father's death. She wasn't even sure how true that was. Was it 'Umbridges' fault? Or was it Brooke's fault? Or even the monster thingy's fault? Brooke frowned and let her mind wander a bit, thinking about these and debating whose fault it really was, and whether it really mattered that much.

She was drawn out of her own thoughts when she heard Rhydian mentioning being glad she was there. Brooke wasn't used to hearing that. She glanced at him, and nodded a bit. "Oh, yeah.. you're welcome. I mean... most people would've done the same, I just happened to be the only one around." She looked down before admitting, "I was worried I would like.. lose my grip or something and kill you by accident.." It would be just like her to mess things up like that, she thought.

She looked around a little as they walked and tried to figure out something.. anything about their surroundings. Where were they? What planet might this be? Why were the native people hostile and the bigger question was.. why couldn't Rhydian see them?

Maybe she was imagining it. Maybe it was just a thing where she happened to have caught a glimpse of them and maybe from his angle, he couldn't? She didn't quite believe that, but tried to imagine any way possible to make it believeable. She knew she surely didn't have as good eyesight as him.. the Doctor often pushed her to wear his glasses when she was reading, and she knew it helped but she didn't have any of her own and felt awkward wearing them anyway.

Just as Brooke was starting to concoct some wild theory in her head about how maybe the lighting had just happened to be right for Brooke to see the native people, and maybe Rhydian just hadn't looked at just the right moment, and a host of other 'maybes' and 'ifs', the pair emerged from the dark forest into a town or city or something. Blinking, Brooke looked around. She wondered if this was what it was like in big cities like New York, where they had skyscrapers and stuff.

"This just got interesting - wanna take a look around?"
At Rhydian's question, a flutter of excitement stirred inside her. This place looked very historical, and her curiosity  flared up. What sort of stories might be hidden here, buried deep within these old buildings? She knew so much of Earth's history and always loved finding out more about it. But this was an entirely new planet with totally different history and stories she had never heard before. She could only imagine the amazing things one might dig up in this place if they could only know where to look!

Before Brooke had a chance to reply to him, or get much more excited about the idea of exploring, a sudden noise startled her. She spun around at the sound of a knocked-over rock nearby, and thought her heart might just jump right out of her chest when she saw the alien guy standing there beside the stone, seeming to glare at them with malice.. though perhaps that was only her imagination. Either way, it scared her tremendously and she thought that it might have been this guy's presence that had given her such a chill back there at the buried rock they had found. He certainly looked intimidating.

Brooke didn't think she could have moved right now if she'd wanted to. She felt like her feet were superglued to the ground. Unable to think properly about what she was doing or why, Brooke found herself speaking, though she hated how frightened her voice sounded. "Wh-who are you? What do you want?" She asked in a shaky voice, staring with wide eyes at the man standing in front of them. She wasn't sure if he was one of the ones who had chased them, but maybe they could get some answers. Or, maybe he'd try and kill them. Who knows?
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 7:59 pm

Rhydian saw immediately that he was a few meters away from Brooke, and Brooke was only a few meters away from where that rock fell. All in all, that was just under ten meters of distance between him and whatever knocked over that stone, but Brooke was in a worse position. He didn’t dare move, however - he couldn’t see whatever was in front of them.

But Brooke could.

It wasn’t that easy to figure out, but it wasn’t that hard either. Brooke’s gaze was frozen in front of her, unwavering, but it wasn’t at the rock now on the ground; instead, her eyes were locked onto the space in front of her, even though to Rhydian there was nothing there. The cogs in his mind turned until the inevitable realisation occurred to him at the last moment: Brooke could see something that he couldn’t, and he was guessing it was whatever was hunting them on this planet. He didn’t know how or why she could see whatever she saw, but Well, he shouldn’t make assumptions, since he couldn’t see or hear them and only observe what they did to the surroundings, who knows? Maybe these creatures were attempting to give them a gift, or something… Rhydian liked to think optimistically.

Brooke… what do you see? You can see something, right? Or else you wouldn’t be looking at whatever it is you’re looking at…” The boy really, really hoped he was right here since, ultimately, this was just an assumption. His intuition wasn’t always right. But he was willing to take the risk, since if she COULD see whatever was in front of them then they’d stand a much better chance against them.

“What do you see, Brooke?”
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2018 9:48 pm

Staring at the alien man, Brooke felt frozen in place. She received no reply from him concerning who he is, and what he wants. He watched the two of them with completely white eyes. He looked nearly human, with two arms and two legs.. yet there was some sort of extra things coming out of each of those limbs, which she had no idea what to even call. His gray skin had black markings of some sort.. she wasn't sure if this was war paint like the indians used, or if it was markings he was born with. Either way, she felt that he looked hostile enough with those things alone. But it was the horns that gave her goosebumps. Large white horns, like she would expect to see on a ram or something, curved backward from the top of his head. But the tips were red. Was it blood? Or did it naturally change to red as it curved?

Brooke had hoped that maybe he was trying to call for help or something. Didn't Rhydian say there was some distress signal or something? Speaking of Rhydian, she realized he was asking her what she was looking at. Great. Now he would decide she was crazy. He wouldn't believe anything she said, just like the people from her hometown.

As she tried to think of how she could possibly explain this without sounding like she belonged in an insane asylum, Brooke glanced briefly at Rhydian, hesitating. Seriously, why did she have to go and mess up, letting on that she could see the alien and all? She bit her lip, uncertain what to say, and glanced back toward the alien. That was when she realized that the alien guy was charging at them now. Brooke's eyes widened. Having little time to do much else, she lunged toward Rhydian in an attempt to push him out of the way, before they were plowed down by the charging alien with ram's horns.

The alien charged past them, and Brooke turned to stare after him as he disappeared into the darkness. She shivered, feeling rather shaken by that. What was he trying to do? Did he meant to hurt them? Or...what else would he be trying to do, actually? She found that she was breathing a little faster than she should be, and tried to calm herself a bit. "S-sorry.." she said to Rhydian, and glanced back after where the alien had gone. He was gone now. And she knew she would have to give some explanation, despite however reluctant she was to do it.

"I.. there was a... a man.. um, an alien.. guy." She stammered, wrapping her arms around herself with her hands clasping her upper arms. "He..I don't know what was trying to do." She looked down. "I could see other aliens, back in there..and I could hear them, too.." she admitted, a little awkward. "They.. kept whispering and stuff, but I couldn't tell what they were saying.." Glancing back up at him timidly, she added, "I promise, I'm not crazy..."
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 5:29 am

Rhydian's mind was running a thousand miles a minute. Why were these structures of stone here, and who lived - or lives - here? Why didn't Brooke speak up about seeing these supposed aliens in the first place? What were those aliens even doing here in the first place?

Many thoughts passed through the boy's brain which raised some alarm bells, one of them even going something along the lines of that Brooke was actually luring him here for some nefarious reason, and she was in league with these supposed aliens. But that thought quickly dissipated as he dismissed that until he had some more substantial evidence - he could just make assumptions about people like that, as while he wouldn't call himself naive, he wasn't a mean person either. Plus, if she was actually siding with these invisible aliens making a commotion, why would she have saved him back at the cliff-face?

Whatever Brooke was seeing, it must be real, that was all Rhydian knew for sure. Because the chance of her seeing figments of her imagination while some sort of invisible force was ruining every step they took occurring at the same time was so mathematically impossible it'd be more likely to land a jump from a moving train, off a bridge and into a shot glass. Besides, even if Brooke was lying, Rhydian couldn't exactly do any investigation of his own - whatever these things were, they weren't giving off any sort of radiation at all: no heat, no light, no sound, only leaving the destruction they leave from physical movement and contact. If this was a defence mechanism, it was probably the most efficient in history.

It was either that, or Brooke could just see things that other people couldn't. If that was the case, then oh, how Rhydian envied her.

"Brooke," Rhydian started, putting a hand out, "I believe you. Trust me, there are weirder things out there than being able to see invisible creatures. You're not crazy; you're about one of the most grounded people I've met because, oh boy, have I seen some people. This is good, great even: you're able to see these people. I'd bet if it were any other person in your position I'd be having a pretty hard time right now because they'd be not even an inch as capable as you are in this situation. You can see them - that gives us the advantage they never anticipated us having. What does this fella look like? Maybe I can put a finger on the species."

Rhydian did a quick three-sixty of his surroundings, just to make sure they weren't being watched by any unwanted guests (even though, in retrospect, it was a pointless act, as any unwanted guests would probably fall under the 'invisible' category), and said, "Better yet, give me some info on what they're doing. Is it just standing there? How is it moving, if it even is? I need all the help you can give me."

Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 7:21 pm

Brooke stepped back a little bit, seeing him putting a hand out toward her. She was very surprised, though, to hear what he said next. He believed her? She had been so busy trying to think up an argument to try and prove she was not crazy, she just stopped and stared at him in amazement for a few seconds. "You... you do? Really?" She found it hard to believe that he believed her. No one ever believed her.

She was almost blown away by the next thing he said, about how she was one of the most grounded people.. that was certainly not expected. "Oh... uh.. you really think so?" She wasn't so sure about that. She just..somehow she'd always seen and heard stuff no one else could, and having no idea how she could do this, she had no explantion to give people when she slipped up and let anyone know about this weird thing with her. Still, the nonsense he was saying about how she was far more capable than other people, she didn't believe that. She figured the Doctor would be a lot more capable than her. But she glanced around to see if she could see any of the invisible people anymore.

"Um. Well, he was standing there," She pointed toward the spot, then hugged her arms around herself. "But then he sorta... like, charged at us? I.. I don't know what he was trying to do, but, well, he's gone now." She turned toward where he'd disappeared to. "He went that way.." She added softly, shivering a bit. "I never saw any aliens like him before. He.. he was really tall, and he had gray skin." She frowned. "There were like... I don't know, tentacle-y things? but he had arms and legs, too... and marks on them, like... tattooes? Or maybe war paint, or..it could've just been like, how all his kind are." She bit her lip, thinking back. "And white hair.. and horns." She shivered. "Like a ram or something, and..the tips were red.." She hugged herself a bit tighter and glanced around, trying to think of any other useful info she might be able to tell him.

"Um.... also.. when we were going along that path, I..kept hearing all these creepy whispering noises, but I couldn't tell what they were saying.." She frowned and looked down. "I thought you'd think I was crazy, like everyone else does..so I didn't mention it." She bit her lip, then added, "Sorry."
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 7:41 am

"You shouldn't ever have to apologise for something like that, yeah?" Rhydian countered immediately to Brooke's apology she tacked on to the end of her sentence. "You shouldn't apologise for who you are. I'm guessing people didn't exactly whole-heartedly believe your ability to... well, see ghosts, hah. That's the best way I can put it - but in this situation it's probably more like psychically visualising an invisible life-form. Speaking of..."

Rhydian once again held his Multi-Spanner in front of him and scanned, the device whirring to life. He was cycling through various psychogenic frequencies until... "Ahah!" he shouted which, in retrospect, probably wasn't the best idea when there were invisible creatures about. But still - the eureka moment was hard to pass. "Psychometric energy! There's a lingering psychic field exactly where that creature you saw was standing, and it fades fast - but I managed to snag a reading of it in time. You're right, Brooke: you're not crazy, and you're not seeing things. They must be linked to these objects, in some way or another... too bad I can't any better readings because all of this psychic interference..."

Rhydian rubbed his nose in contemplation while eyeing his surroundings once again, trying to decipher what exactly was going on here. According to Brooke's description this alien, possibly one of many, was a very tall, bipedal humanoid with extra tendril-like limbs as well, along with white hair and horns and war-paint/tattoos. Wow, that was a whole lot to process. They were also completely invisible to someone without an innate ability to detect and visualise psychic energy, or at least be able to see through some sort of psychic perception filter. On top of all this, there were some old stone-henge-esque monoliths in the middle of this clearing as well as a distress signal seemingly emanating from everywhere at once. Rhydian figured that the only way they'd discover the ends of this mystery was contacting the only other possibly sentient beings on this planet. Well, there was only one way to get a 'look' at more of these people...

"C'mon, Brooke," Rhydian perked up in his usual energetic fashion, although he was far deeper in thought than normal. "Let's go hunt some alien-ghost things... and I don't mean hunt as in 'kill', but like, get a better look at them. Sorry, I'm rambling. You know what I mean." He ended that train of thought with a goofy lopsided smile, and proceeded to head further into the plethora of monoliths and granite stone structures.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am

Rhydian was certainly not like anyone Brooke had gone to school with, there was no doubt about that. Blinking, she stared in surprise at him as he told her she shouldn't apologize.  Maybe he didn't understand? But, even so, the general message he was telling her was a comforting one, and somewhat foreign at the same time.  That being one's self was nothing to apologize for, and maybe, if she stretched that a bit further, it might even translate to "you're good enough just the way you are", or something like that.
While she was still processing that thought, Rhy was launching into a guess about her having some sort of psychic ability or something. She followed his words well enough, but doubted the accuracy of them.  Her, a psychic? Like Jean Gray and Professor X? Not hardly. "I sort of doubt-" her quiet, mumbled protest was cut off, likely unheard, at Rhy's eureka moment exclamation.
"Huh? I'm right?" She echoed softly, watching him search around the area with his strange device. What'd he call it, again? She didn't remember if he'd said, but it hardly mattered. She let her thoughts run off as she watched him, only half listening.
All she'd ever known, all the things others had said to and about her, all the things she'd come to believe... all of that changed the day she met the Doctor. Everything was now in question and she wasn't always sure what to believe anymore. Even now, with Rhy, the same was true. He hadn't criticized her, or made fun of her, or said anything hurtful or demeaning.  Instead, he listened and believed her when she told him things that others would think was crazy or impossible, and then treated her like she was a normal person. Not stupid or crazy. She couldn't hardly get over it, from him or from the Doctor.
Drawn back from her thoughts as Rhy called to her to come on, she realized she'd sort of zoned out, being so deep in thought. Another "sorry" nearly slipped out, but she caught herself in time. Joining him as he, in turn, caught himself rambling, Brooke smiled slightly back at him. Now that she felt a bit more sure that he wouldn't pick on her or make fun or anything, she felt a little more relaxed. "Where should we start?" She wondered, glancing around.  "I don't see anymore of those... psychic-y things..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)   Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Page 1 of 1