Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
A Kat's Curiosity I_vote_lcapA Kat's Curiosity I_voting_barA Kat's Curiosity I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
A Kat's Curiosity I_vote_lcapA Kat's Curiosity I_voting_barA Kat's Curiosity I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

A Kat's Curiosity

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Archiving and Artifice
Student
Student
Archiving and Artifice

A Kat's Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: A Kat's Curiosity   A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 12:27 am

Kat walked down the sidewalk, hands stuffed in her hoodie's pocket, hood up, head downward. It was a particularly windy day in Chicago. The cold winter air of the lakes was blown through the city, chilling it's occupants. Kat shivered, and walked into a Starbucks. A warm cup of coffee sounded really nice right now. Warm drink in hand, she set out once more. She paused by a trash can on the corner of the park just outside her new apartment. There were options here. Kat looked at the bin. She tilted her head to the side slightly and looked down into it. Sticking up from a clump of napkins and McDonalds chicken nuggets containers was the corner of something black, and leather. Kat grabbed it and pulled up what was now easily seen to be a book. What was odd was that not many books were made like this anymore. She could see possibility pouring off the thing. The decision was made to take it home. Kat continued walking.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

A Kat's Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Kat's Curiosity   A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:06 am

The Carrionite bared her teeth in anger as the woman grabbed the book she had been searching for ever since her sisters failed with the man called Shakespeare. Clutching her hands tightly, she stepped back and disappeared into the shadow in an ally across the street from where she was. Glancing up at the sky, she felt a small frown of concentration cross her features when her eyes closed. "Open the sky, flood the city, do not let the girl fly, let no others give her pity." She hissed softly, only opening her eyes once the first drop of rain fell on her upturned face. "Now then, girl. See how well you fare against the city you live in when they all turn their backs on you."
Back to top Go down
Archiving and Artifice
Student
Student
Archiving and Artifice

A Kat's Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Kat's Curiosity   A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:17 am

As the rain began to fall, Kat picked up the pace and entered the building with her apartment in it. The sound of her shoes on the metal stairs rang out as she ascended to the door marked A3. She stepped through the previously mentioned door and dropped the now empty styrofoam cup into a small plastic trash can. Kat pulled her hoodie off and sighed. The day was only halfway through. She opened the fridge only to find it empty. Another sigh. The hoodie went back on and she made her way towards the closest grocery store. Kat shielded the book by slouching over it while she began reading during the walk.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

A Kat's Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Kat's Curiosity   A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:24 am

Reaching up a clawed hand, the Carrionite pointed at a car parked next to where Kat was walking, murmuring a few well-chosen words just before the alarm began to go off just as Kat reached it. A man burst from the shop, his eyes wide at the sight of her standing next to his car and began yelling at her to get away from it and that he would be calling the police if she tried to steal it again. A slight smile creased the Carrionite's face as she melted back into the shadows once more, her glittering eyes the only things that could be seen of her.
Back to top Go down
Archiving and Artifice
Student
Student
Archiving and Artifice

A Kat's Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Kat's Curiosity   A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:28 am

Kat almost dropped the book, startled by the car, and then even more by the man suddenly yelling at her. She hastily apologized and moved on. After getting away from that incident, her attention returned to the book. It had incredibly strange things to tell her.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

A Kat's Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Kat's Curiosity   A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:32 am

Glancing over at a shop window, she lifted a finger again and murmured under her breath rapidly. Suddenly the TVs in the display began to pop and snap, causing cracks to appear in the glass and several people to start running from the shop. "Its on fire! Someone, call the fire department!" A woman shouted from the sidewalk, watching in horror as the first flames began to spill out of the doorway and from the glass as it burst outwards, casting shards to fly at Kat dangerously.
Back to top Go down
Archiving and Artifice
Student
Student
Archiving and Artifice

A Kat's Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Kat's Curiosity   A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:47 am

Kat turned her back to the glass and did a sort of jumping start to a run to get away from the fire. She winced when she felt a few small pieces hit her before she managed to get away. The person who could see possibility couldn't be this unlucky, Kat also didn't believe in luck. She looked looked down at the book in her hands, and then checked her surroundings. Now away from immediate danger, her body realized she was in pain. Kat reached over her back to feel what wounds there were as gently as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

A Kat's Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Kat's Curiosity   A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:50 am

Suddenly, the Carrionite stepped out from around a corner, standing in front of Kat with her hands folded in front of her with a calm look on her face. "That book, it belongs to my sisters. I would like to have it back." She stated in a soft voice, she changed herself to look human to keep the stupid girl from running off at the first glance she caught of her. "It holds bad magic and I need to see that it is in the proper hands."
Back to top Go down
Archiving and Artifice
Student
Student
Archiving and Artifice

A Kat's Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Kat's Curiosity   A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:08 am

She studies this person carefully. "I don't believe inanimate objects are capable of being good or bad. Besides, I can... Look after it." From what Kat had seen of the first few pages, she had every intention of keeping the book.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

A Kat's Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Kat's Curiosity   A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:10 am

"Why would you want such a book? It is full of nonsense my sisters had thought of." The Carrionite said carefully, their race may be known for being bloodthirsty, but the reason she had outlasted her sisters was her consideration and careful thoughts on anything going on about her. Perhaps if she convinced the woman that the book could do nothing but harm to her, she could leave and not call any more attention to herself. "It has been in my family for years, I would like to have my possession back."
Back to top Go down
Archiving and Artifice
Student
Student
Archiving and Artifice

A Kat's Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Kat's Curiosity   A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:20 am

"An item that has been in your family for years, eh?" Kat closed her eyes for a moment, separati different outcomes until she had a rough idea of what might come from returning the book. She couldn't see the past, but Kat could take a good guess. Her guess was that this lady had used this book long enough. It was time for someone else to have some fun with it. "I'm afraid I'll be holding onto it."
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

A Kat's Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Kat's Curiosity   A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:23 am

Bearing her teeth suddenly the Carrionite lifted a finger and pointed it at Kat. "You will regret holding onto that book, girl. Be warned." With a shriek, she turned and vanished, the only sign of her departure a black streak across the grey sky that continued to pour rain down onto the city below. Reaching the top of a building, she landed and crouched down, staring at the woman for a moment longer then turned around and vanished once more.
Back to top Go down
Archiving and Artifice
Student
Student
Archiving and Artifice

A Kat's Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Kat's Curiosity   A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 am

Kat shivered involuntarily, and continued on her walk. She had a feeling that holding onto this book might become an essential defense. Siren hurried through the rain into the shop and walked about collecting food for the next few days.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

A Kat's Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Kat's Curiosity   A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:37 am

Reaching her home, she began to gather ingredients and pouring them into a large pot hanging over a fire, whispering words over the foul liquid as it bubbled for a few moments then suddenly fell flat, the surface shining slightly like a mirror would. Leaning over the liquid, she stared at the image of Kat on it as she went about her shopping. "Hear my words, mothers of fate, let the book fall, let her be too late."
Back to top Go down
Archiving and Artifice
Student
Student
Archiving and Artifice

A Kat's Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Kat's Curiosity   A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:28 am

Kat opened the book again, stopping her mission momentarily. She flipped through the old pages. There was a lot here, but little explanation about how it really worked. The reader was expected to already understand that much. It would take some time and reading to understand it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Kat's Curiosity Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Kat's Curiosity   A Kat's Curiosity I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Kat's Curiosity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Open RP's-
Jump to: