Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
But Why Would You Say That? I_vote_lcapBut Why Would You Say That? I_voting_barBut Why Would You Say That? I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
But Why Would You Say That? I_vote_lcapBut Why Would You Say That? I_voting_barBut Why Would You Say That? I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

But Why Would You Say That?

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

But Why Would You Say That? Empty
PostSubject: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 1:15 am

"Crap! No! Hooo, no! Bad Lady!" Sayo swore, jerking his fingers back from the sparking console and sucking on them as he narrowed a glare at the buttons in front of him. "What is your problem! I fixed the flux radiator, I even gave your engine coil new wires! Why are you so angry at me!"

Diving back in and ignoring the sparks burning his skin and clothes, Sayo yanked on several levers and slammed his fist on a large button beside him, sending the TARDIS into a spin and flinging him away from the controls. Slamming his back and head against a coral strut, Sayo groaned in pain and sat up.

"Robin, hold onto something!" He shouted, stumbling to his feet and making his way back over to the console, determined to fix this even if it were the last thing he did. It was just meant to be a relaxing flight to a nearby planet full of purple flamingos! He had been so excited to show Robin because of the way their wings shone in the light of the blue sun.

But no, the TARDIS had to have some sort of fit when they passed too close to a supernova, sending sparks all across her systems and deleting half of the rooms in her matrix. "Lady, come on! Work with me here!" He groaned, slamming his hand down on a few more buttons before cranking the wheel on the side. "Just a little longer! We need to get you to dematerialize before we-"

Of course his luck hadn't been the best ever since his new regeneration either. That was only proved by the TARDIS slamming into the ground below at high velocity, a fire erupting under the controls and filling the room with toxic smoke. "Robin! Robin, come on! We have to get out of here so she can start repairs!"

Coughing through the smoke, he waved a hand in front of his face, searching for his companion frantically. "Robin!"
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 1:27 am

"What the f***?!"

Chris clung tightly to one of the supporting corals, talons scratching pathetically on the ground as she tried and failed to gain some footing in this mess. Her wings were hugged tightly to her body and her eyes were shut just as snug. This was the worst he'd ever flown this ship. At some point she was going to have to learn to take this over, too. Maybe she could trick him into crashing it into the Doctor once in a while so he could so something about it.

She rolled her eyes under her lids as she heard Sayo's frantic shouting. "I'm already f****** holding something! Woah!" She yelped as she was lifted off her feet during a particularly horrid lurch, danging for dear life for a moment before the ship righted itself.

As the smoke started to fill the room, Chris blinked open her eyes a bit to find the exit, holding her arms in front of her face. She flew out the door and crashed into the ground outside, coughing harshly. "Augh, that f****** burns," she wheezed, wiping at her stinging eyes. "You absolute mess."
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 1:31 am

Stumbling out after her, Sayo fell on his back and started laughing only to break it up with another fit of coughs. "That- Was... Fun!" He grinned over at her brightly, a hand reaching out to pat her on the head thankful she hadn't been hurt in the crash. Jumping up, he ran to the doors and popped his head back in. "Begin repairs, Lady!" A weak chime sounded from inside, making him grimace and shut the doors tightly, the lock clicking into place right away.

"That isn't good." He murmured, placing an ear to the wood and rubbing a hand along the paneling. "Poor girl is really shaken up. Might take her a few days to fix things up enough to make it safe for us to come back in." Turning around, he rested his back against the doors, brows furrowed in thought. "She landed us somewhere outside of a village, from the bit I got off her screen before everything went boom, they seem peaceful enough. Want to go see?"

Looking up at Robin finally, he offered her his usual grin and held out a hand to her to help. "Come on, can't be too bad, look, their buildings are even made out of stone." He added with a nod in the direction he could see vague houses off to the right. "Just a little vacation."
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 1:39 am

Chris took a few solid breaths of fresh air before taking his hand and helping herself up. With a sigh, she turned to see the place they'd landed in. It looked friendly enough, but that didn't always mean anything. "'Just a little vacation,' he says," she began to mock. "I'm going to be stuck in these clothes for how many days now?"

She began flying in the direction of the houses she could see before glancing over her shoulder. "Come on. Let's see how quickly we can get the locals to hate us," she laughed, crossing her arms and waiting for him to catch up. "I give you five minutes before you find something to ruin."
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 1:47 am

Chuckling under his breath, Sayo jogged to catch up with Robin, a fake, pained expression on his face as he held a hand over one of his hearts. "Me? I haven't done anything like that since... Well since Blarium! And it was their own fault for putting a big button at the base of that statue, how else was I supposed to know what it did without pushing it?" He added with a grumble, trudging along after his friend as they drew closer to the village.

Glancing up, he spied several figures in the distance, heading towards them as they drew near. "Ah, locals! I give you ten credit I can get them to like me faster than you." He challenged Robin with a smirk, already full of confidence as his walk shifted into a slight swagger. "Bet you fifteen even." Clearing his throat of the leftover smoke, he broke back into a jog, meeting up with the people with a wide smile on his face. "Hello!"

Drawing to a stop, they stood a few feet away from Sayo, each of them wearing expressions of intrest as they studied him in silence, making him shift on his feet slightly. "Ah, do you understand me...?"

"Yes, we understand many languages. However..." One of them stepped forward, making Sayo raise an eyebrow as he- No, she? He frowned now, it was difficult to pin any gender to these beings, they looked... Blank, like a picture only partially filled in. "It is rare to meet one that looks so... Unique."
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 1:56 am

Chris rolled her eyes, flying after him. Only fifteen credits? She would bet him a solid hundred that he wouldn't get them to like him at all. Then again, she didn't exactly have that many credits, so maybe she shouldn't do that.

Landing beside him, she took in their expressions with a smirk. Of course he'd already found a way to be annoying. Her smirk fell after a moment, though, as she realized she was getting the same looks. It was the wings, wasn't it? It was always the wings. She hugged them closer to her body, becoming self conscious.

She found herself at a bit of a loss for words, trying to process what they meant by unique, before she realized that they all looked... pretty similar. It was as if they were a bunch of the same person, just a tiny bit altered. That wasn't something she was about to comment on, though - more than it just being rude, it'd probably lose her the bet. So instead...

"... I told you that jacket was ugly," she commented without even looking his direction.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 2:14 am

"It is not! Lady picked it out herself!" Sayo defended his jacket hotly, hands reaching up to adjust the lapels with a flick of his wrists before turning his attentions back to the group in front of them. "Do you mind if my friend and I stay in your village... Town... Place a few days? Our ship crashed when we landed here and it will take a while for her to finish repairs." He asked easily, a smile lighting his features as he took in their new acquaintances.

"Of course, all are welcome to stay here." One of them dipped their head towards Robin and Sayo before the leader turned to gestured with a hand for the group to start walking back to the town with both of them in tow. The dirt path worn smooth by many feet, only dotted with a few smooth stones here and there until they reached the town, passing the first buildings giving the path away to pure stone as they walked along.

"Do you mind my asking how long your people have lived here?" Sayo asked suddenly, lengthening his stride to catch up with one of the people so he could fall into step beside them, catching their quick gaze as it swept up and down his form curiously before facing forward again. "Our people have lived here in peace for many years."

"Hm... Do you have any ships?" He asked next, eyebrows furrowing like they always did whenever he was trying to figure something out. "Only ones that sail on the water." They replied just as easily before coming to a stop beside a low building with one door and window. "This will be your accommodations during your stay, rooms and food have been provided. Please enjoy the shops while you are here." Bowing at the waist towards them, they turned and rejoined the group of people waiting off to the side before walking off.

"Well..." Sayo tucked his hands into his pockets, whistling an idle tune while taking in the house in front of them with a small smile. "Want to check out inside, or do you want to see what the shops are about?"
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 2:17 pm

Chris followed along as they walked the path, taking in the village scenery. Keeping up with such a slow pace was a bit annoying, but she really didn't feel like waddling today. Instead, she decided to make her own pace, flying forward every few moments to catch up with them before waiting for them to walk a bit further. As she took in the sights of the town, she noticed that stone was probably one of their abundant resources. It seemed nearly everything had at least a bit of stone in it. She began looking out a bit further at the land instead, trying to find where all that stone was coming from. They were, in fact, fairly close to a lake. Or at least a very big river. If there was one thing she knew by now, where there was water, there was trade, and considering how quickly they were being accommodated, she figured they were social enough to participate in it. With that and all this stone to give away... she was interested in seeing what they'd collected.

Zoning back in to the conversation, Chris flew up next to Sayo and took a look at the house. She grimaced. "I'm not sharing a bed with you. I'm just making that clear immediately," she warned, turning towards him with a serious expression. "That being said, let's go look at the shops!" she perked up, turning around to face the rest of the village. "Trade's got to be great here. I want to see what they've got!" she grinned, bouncing a bit in excitement.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 7:00 pm

"I didn't say that!" Sayo groaned, ruffling his hair with a sigh before sending her a wry smile, tipping his hair in the direction of the shops they passed on the way there. "Well, why don't we go see just how great it is?" With a flourish and bow, he sent her a crooked grin. "I will lead the way, Lady Love." Chuckling under his breath at whatever poor joke it was he just made, Sayo tucked his hands into his pockets and began wandering in the direction of the low buildings.

"I wonder if they have any tourist souvenirs? It's an important question, Robin! You can't have a bustling trade city without souvenirs." Nodding his head sagely, he peered in the small windows near a few of the doorways, checking what was inside before pulling to a stop at one. "Oh! Look at this, Robin. You might like this one, it has lots of plants in it." He called over to his friend, tipping his head to the side as he tried to see more of what was in there.

"Some pots... Medical supplies! Robin, this shop has your name written all over it!" He called to her, excited this time, perhaps she would remember this later tonight and let go of whatever he may say that could potentially annoy her. "Come look!"
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 8:04 pm

Chris rolled her eyes, flying after Sayo. At least he made it a little easier to follow along, but not by much. She was still stopping every few feet to maintain his pace. It was only mildly frustrating, but she was learning to get used to it.

As they traversed through the shopping area, she began to realize that she was going to make a huge mess of things if she tried flying inside one of these buildings. First of all, they weren't very high up, so that made things near impossible. Besides that, though, from what she could see through the windows, things were neatly packed together, and without a doubt, her wings would be knocking them all to the ground. She sighed, supposing it was time to start waddling.

Clumsily making her way after Sayo, she perked up at the mention of plants and medical supplies. "Ooh! We have to go in this one," she decided, peeking in the window and grinning. "I want to know how advanced they are. Come on, come on," she urged, waddling around him and through the door excitedly. Her face lit up as she took in the building. It seemed everything was lined with some kind of plant. It was like they were growing in here. There wasn't much room for light to come in, though, so how were they doing that? She waddled around the displays, hands brushing the items out for sale. Her mind was flooded with questions. She didn't notice when the shopkeeper spoke up.

"Greetings. May I assist you?"
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 10:26 am

Peering down at a potted plant labeled with 'Pain relief', Sayo stuck his tongue out at it and grimaced mildly at it. He remembered vividly when Robin forced him to drink it once after he had bashed his head on the underside of the console while trying to fix something. Something along the lines of not wanting to hear him whine about it anymore.

Moving away from it, he gazed at a few more of the plants before coming to a stop beside Robin, eyes landing on the shopkeeper as they spoke to them with a general smile. Just like the other people they had come across in the village, this one had that same... Blankness he couldn't put his finger on, something he expected but was curiously lacking. "Ah! We're looking." He replied with a grin, eyes darting around the room before turning to Robin beside him.

"See anything you like? I might have a few coins laying somewhere in my pockets..."

"Oh no." The shopkeeper cut into the conversation, a light laugh spilling over their lips. "We do not deal in currency here unless for trade." Their smile spread wider while looking up at Sayo who furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Then how do people pay you for items?"

Folding their hands in front of them, they tipped their head to the side, a secret shining in their eyes while studying the two. "Each shop is different, the clothing shop deals in trade with fabric. The bookstore deals in new information..." Turning their eyes to Robin, a kind smile still in place while they continued to speak. "I deal in knowledge of healing. The more you know, the rarer the item you are allowed to receive."
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 5:13 pm

Chris turned her head around as she heard Sayo offer to purchase something for her, sending a grin his direction. For all the trouble he causes, he's still a great friend. She turned around fully as the shopkeeper corrected him, listening intently. Her face lit up for a moment before she realized her knowledge would be widely useless to them. "I don't think I could offer you anything worth while," she sighed, wings hugged close to her body in shame. "I'm really just knowledgeable about human health, and I'm not sure that would be something you'd care to hear," she shrugged, eyes downcast. She was really hoping to be able to walk out of here with something neat today. As far as herbs and other plants went, she was still learning about their uses. While they seemed to be more universal than other medicines, she figured, considering the stock they were carrying, that she couldn't tell them anything they didn't already know. 

Chris tapped on Sayo's arm, forcing herself to cheer up a bit. She knew he wouldn't appreciate her sulking. "Hey, I hear the bookshop deals in information," she smiled weakly, "How many books do you reckon they'd offer you?"
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 10:49 pm

"Possibly the whole store." Sayo murmured, turning around in a slow circle while he studied the shop around them. "What kind of medical information? Anything, or specific species...?" He asked the shop owner, turning to face them with a thoughtful look on his face.

"Any and all knowledge previously unknown is welcome." They bowed slightly at the waist, a faint smile on their face as they straightened back up to study them. "Humans are unknown to us, and we were not aware of their species until near five years ago. Very rarely do they ever come to our village, and only by accident."

Turning to Robin, Sayo grinned and placed a hand on her back, gently pushing her towards the Shop owner. "Then ask away, she knows everything you need to know about healing them. A quick learner too." He added, nodding at the woman with a chuckle. "Ask her about Time Lords some time, she could give you information on them too. Now if you two don't mind..." He tugged on the lapels of his jacket, straightening it out and flicking his hair out of his eyes. "I have a book shop to look into." With a wave to his friend, Sayo ducked back outside and headed down the road, aiming for the store with a large picture of a book over the door.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 11:22 pm

Chris raised an eyebrow, feeling a bit silly for her outburst at the influx of this information. If humans were so rare around here, she didn't see why knowledge of their health would be valuable, but maybe they were similar, in a way. They looked kind of similar, at least. Shrugging, she waved goodbye to her friend as he left to go rob the bookshop of the entirety of its wares. 

Awkwardly walking towards the shopkeeper, she thought about what kind of information she could offer that would ever be useful to them. She figured emergency situations were key, but what did they know already? Someone could learn a lot in five years. "So, uh..." she began, awkwardly tucking her hair behind her ear even though she knew that looked stupid, "Where should I start? What do you guys know so far? I could tell you about how to treat some poisons common in the area, or maybe some illnesses, or...." she trailed off, searching their face for some kind of confirmation to any of the mess she was spouting.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 11:15 am

The shop owner opened their hands in front of them, giving Robin a gentle smile as they gestured at the many medical supplies around them. "For any information you may have about Humans, I will gift you with a plant pertaining to importance of the knowledge." Stopping, they turned around and walked to the back wall where a low table sat, picking up a notebook of a sort and returned to Robin.

"This has only one page of medical information for Humans. If you can fill more than one page, you may have whatever you wish." Opening the book, they tapped the single page of information gathered over the past few years. "It is understood that colds can become common during specific seasons, as well as something called 'allergies'. However, much else besides that, we do not know." Looking back up at Robin, the shop owner lifted a shoulder in a slight shrug, a small smile tugging at their lips. "We wish to learn should trade become common with them."

-~-~-~

Sayo, on the other hand, was standing next to a small pile of books that continued to grow the longer he stood in the shop, speaking to it's owner while the minor workers scurried around collecting the texts he pointed out after giving them another bit of information he had tucked away inside his brain.

The owner, a plainly excited look on their face, was scribbling furiously in a similar notebook, one, just finished being filled, sat on a nearby table beside the two of them while they spoke. "Taking the time to collect Talmirine powder can be dangerous though, the species tends to become aggressive during the winter seasons." Sayo added, glancing at the notebook as the owner nodded his head and wrote down what he said. "I see, and you say this powder does... What exactly?"

"It makes an amazing color of paint not seen in the normal spectrum of light, only in X-ray lighting, it shows up as a kind of... Purple." Sayo smiled, watching the owner nod to one of the workers, silently telling them to find the book Sayo requested next. If they could keep him happy with any of the books he wanted, they would have enough information for years to come to fill more than what would be paid to the strange man.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 1:56 pm

"... Alright then, so I'll just... start talking?" Chris shrugged, raising an eyebrow. She felt like she shouldn't take advantage of this situation take something too valuable, but they would probably appreciate the knowledge. She tried to lean on a shelf, but her wings got in the way and she just stumbled back to her feet. Huffing, she thought for a moment before beginning, figuring she could start with allergies.

"Allergies are a thing where a human immune system reacts poorly to a stimulus that should not be a problem, but has accidentally decided it is dangerous. Some allergies are worse than others. Some can cause, like, really small symptoms, like cold symptoms, but some can like, close up airways or cause rashes." She started gesturing with her hands as she began to get into the explanation, getting into a groove. "It depends on the severity of the allergy. Antibodies treat the substance as dangerous and try to get rid of it, which leads to some really s**** side effects. It's usually histamines that cause those." Chris looked back to the shopkeeper to ensure she wasn't going too fast as she contemplated what else she should share.

"I can try to tell you how to cure some toxins, but I don't know what kinds you have in the area. Oh, and do you have alcohol?" Her eyes brightened with this idea. Alcohol was used in plenty of things - cures and poisons. If that was something they had around, she could fill a page easily.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 7:46 pm

"For medical purposes, we use something similar to it." The shop owner answered idly, focused on writing down what Robin said before looking up at her with that same smile. "It would be of great help to know how to cure toxins in Humans. The few that we have met mentioned some of the foods we carry are deadly to them. It is rather... Unusual to think that another species that looks so like us, but be completely unlike us cannot eat the same things we do." With a slight shrug, they began walking towards a nearby shelf full of medical plants and waved at them with one hand, the other still holding the notebook open. "Please, select one of these as payment for what you have told me so far. Any other information you give will be rewarded with another of your choice."

A sudden sound from outside the open door drew their attention, a slight frown on their face as they moved closer and peered outside. The sight of Sayo with three workers from the bookshop behind him, all four loaded with armfuls of books made them raise an eyebrow in question and slight amusemet. "Ah, yes, medical shop owner!" Sayo grinned at them, his voice slightly muffled by the small stack of book reaching over his chin. "Is my friend still with you? The, the Bird woman?" He asked curiously, watching them eye the stacks of books before answering with a smile. "Of course, they carry much knowledge and I wish to make use of it."

Hearing that, Sayo's grin grew wider. "I knew she would, if you don't mind telling her I'm returning to our, ah, home, to put these books down then I'll be back to help her carry her things back?" While he spoke, Sayo leaned around the shop owner, trying to catch sight of Robin inside, ignoring the books slowly shifting in his grip until the shop owner reached out and righted them before they tumbled onto the stone pathway below. "Of course, she may need as much help as you to carry what she recieves back."

"I know she will, my Lady Love is much more clever than she thinks." Sayo grinned and winked at the owner, making them blink in confusion before turning around and heading back along the path. "Come on, this way!" He called to the workers behind him, each of them sweating slightly under the strain of carrying so many books at once, scurrying after him with small groans of pain.

Shaking their head lightly, the owner turned around and rejoined Robin in the shop. "Your friend wished to inform you they will return shorty after dropping off the books." Pausing, they glanced down at the herbs beside them in thought then opened the notebook up again. "Have you thought of anything more to tell me?"

Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 9:51 pm

Chris nodded idly as she took in what they had to say. She glanced at the shelf of plants and immediately knew she was going to have no idea what to pick. Herbal medicines were still her weak spot, so she had no idea what any of this did. At the sound from outside, though, she rolled her eyes. What has he done this time? She hurried to peek out the window of the shop and saw a few people carrying loads of books away from the store. Her jaw dropped. She knew he could buy the whole place out, but she didn't think he was going to actually do it. And so fast, too! What the hell was he telling them in there?! She turned back toward the shopkeeper as she was told Sayo had stopped by. He didn't even need all those books. This was a bit ridiculous.

"Yeah, uh... I think I'll start with alcohol?" She shrugged, figuring that if they didn't have exactly the right substance here, some human would bring it along at some point. They always did. "Sometimes it's used for medicine and sometimes people just drink it," she started, crossing her arms. "The kind they drink is waaay more diluted than the medical stuff. It's usually somewhere between like... I don't know, 5 and 10 percent alcohol?" She didn't really know what the other stuff was, though, now that she thought of it. "It's used like a drug, and I don't mean the helpful kind. It's recreational. It messes with your head," she gestured to her own, "by slowing it down a bunch. It mostly inhibits dopamine, which is a brain chemical. It's also great at ruining your liver. It isn't really horrible if you moderate your intake, but some people get addicted to drinking, and they're called alcoholics. If they don't have alcohol, they start to get withdrawal symptoms, which are really not fun. I mean having the alcohol in the first place is still horrible for the body, but at this point, their bodies need it. So, it kinda starts out with things like sweating, nausea, and anxiety, but it can get really bad. They can start having seizures and hallucinations and honestly, it's really horrible. We usually use benzodiazepines or like... a glucose IV to help people deal with it. And... oh my god I'm going really fast," she realized, eyes widening and eyebrows furrowing in apology. "How much of that do you need me to repeat? I promise I'll slow down," she grimaced.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 7:19 pm

The owner smiled and waved an idle hand, at Robin, their eyes shining with muted excitement at the new information they had just gotten from the woman. "Please continue, we value any and all information we do not already have." Turning to face the back wall of the shop, they walked towards several clay pots of powders, each one carefully labeled with it's contents and waved at them after finishing writing down what Robin just told her. "Please select two of these for your payment. Rare flowers are dried and ground into a fine powder for medical use. Many are for pains in specific areas of the body. Others are for multiple uses. I have a list here..." Turning, they took down a small stack of paper from a clip on the wall and handed it to Robin. "Each powder and their uses are listed here."

Turning away, the owner caught sight of a familiar ball of energy entering their shop and smiled at Sayo with a hint more happiness than previously. "Your friend has been very helpful to us. There are many things to learn from her... It could take several years to understand all she knows." Turning to smile at Robin, the shop owner dipped her head in a slight bow. "However it is getting late, and would be best to close the shop for now. Please, make use of the home we have provided."

Sayo, however, seemed to deflate a bit at what the owner said. A small frown hovering around his lips as he eyed them while walking over to Robin, almost standing next to her in a protective way. "Yes, Robin knows more than I ever could... But it's a shame we'll be leaving in a day or two." He added pointedly, picking up a couple of the things Robin had already picked out and holding them carefully in his arms, eyes still on the owner's bland smile. "A shame, really."
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 8:11 pm

Chris smiled sheepishly as she was offered such rare gifts. She honestly hadn't even shared that much. All they knew now was a bit about allergies and how to keep someone from dying of alcohol withdrawals. Maybe that was quite a bit of help on its own, but there was so much more for her to divulge. She had to admit, she was having a good time showing off all the stuff she knew, so maybe this wasn't as bad of a crash landing as she thought.

She turned towards the door as Sayo came in, her grin widening in greeting. Her eyes widened as the shopkeeper expressed how much they appreciated her knowledge. Years was... quite a bit longer than she planned on staying here, just to snatch up some quality healing ingredients. It seemed Sayo was thinking that too, as he gathered up some of the items she was offered. She picked up the last jar, to help him out. Between both of their clumsiness, maybe at least one of these things would survive the trip home. She noticed his expression, though, and frowned a bit. That was a bit... threatening. "... Have a good evening," she called, shooting a bit of an apologetic look back towards the shopkeeper as they wandered out of it.

Chris flew ahead a bit, turning around to face Sayo as he caught up. "What was that about?" she asked once he was close enough to hear without her shouting, an eyebrow raised in confusion.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 8:17 pm

Sayo shuffled the things in his arms a bit, keeping his eyes down and away from her gaze. "I was just telling the shop owner we wouldn't be here that long. That's all." Forcing a grin on his face, he flashed Robin it and picked up the pace, walking around her as he headed back to the house they had been given to stay in while there. "It wouldn't do for them to expect you to stay if we're planning on leaving, now would they?" He added over his shoulder while turning down the walkway, shooting a few glances at the people still milling about with that curious frown he always wore when trying to figure something out.

Finally it clicked, the odd blankness of them, their general use of identifying terms... Sucking in a surprised breath, he spun on his heel, eyes shining with excitement at finally figuring it out. "Robin!" He hissed, falling back to stand beside her, eyes darting all over as he examined each of the people again with this new information. "I figured it out!" Keeping his voice down, he started walking slower this time, to keep next to his friend while he spoke. "I think they're asexual! No genders!"
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 8:32 pm

Chris laughed a bit, flying in front of him and waiting for him to catch up again, which had sort of become their natural pace at this point. "Is that a disappointment to you, then? Oh however will you flirt?" she joked. It actually made a lot of sense, them being asexual, now that she thought of it. She wondered how they mated, then. Obviously they didn't, but they were a bit big to just kind of split in half. Maybe she could trade some knowledge for some knowledge tomorrow when they inevitably revisited the shopkeeper. 

Oh, that shop. She was really enjoying her time in there. It was like a tiny paradise. It was kind of like being in a real forest, with the atmosphere in there - which was awesome in its own right - but all the learning she had to do in there... Forget the knowledge she had to share with them, what about what they could offer to her? How much could she really learn in just a few days, though...?

"Hey by the way... what if... we stayed a little longer?" She asked, her eyebrows raised as she thought about what they had said in the shop today. Years was... a little intimidating to think about, but maybe a few extra days would be fine. "I mean I don't want to bore you," she hurried, backtracking a bit. "You don't have to stay with me. You have a f****** time machine so it's not like it'd matter much," she hurried to explain, eyes looking anywhere but his face. "But like... I don't know, this is really cool," she shrugged, still trying not to meet his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 8:41 pm

Stopping outside their house, Sayo turned to eye Robin for a moment, his smile slipping a little before opening the door and walking inside, placing the plants and such Robin had gotten on what little space was left on the table. "I don't know, I plan on going to check on the TARDIS tomorrow... I won't leave you here, Robin. That you can count on." Disappearing into the kitchenette, he ducked his head down to check in the cabinets for something while still speaking.

"I... Could stay a day or two longer. But, once the TARDIS is fixed. I want to leave as soon as possible. There will be no leaving behind, we're going together. End of story." Straightening up, he opened the drink he found and took a sip from it, still refusing to meet Robin's eyes while he wandered back into the main room, carefully side stepping one of the book stacks he had put there earlier.

"I'm leaving early tomorrow. Wander around town, take your fill in, but once we're good to go... I'm not staying." With that, he disappeared into his room and shut the door tight behind him, letting the tight smile he had been wearing melt off his face as he slid down the door and sat on the floor, arms resting on his knees as he stared blankly in front of him for a moment.

Leave Robin behind? His first friend in this body? He couldn't do that, it's not like she wanted to live here... Oh... oh no, what if she did! What if Robin wanted to stay here? It was as if this place was made for her, asexual creatures, knowledge for trade, she could really help a lot of people if she stayed here. The book shop owner themselves even said that they were beginning to trade with a small colony of humans that lived down the river from them.

Putting the drink on the floor, Sayo ran his hands through his hair anxiously. And it was obvious she hated his flirting, she hated it when he called her Lady Love or teased her about going on a date with him. But it was all in good fun! He knew she wouldn't ever consider it, that's why he brought it up so often!

What if he was driving her off? What if she wanted to stay here, never leave? Would she really leave him alone? Groaning quietly, he dropped his head back against the door with a soft 'thump' and closed his eyes. All he could really think of was he had really screwed up if she planned on staying behind.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 9:09 pm

Chris followed Sayo through the doorway, frown forming on her face as she tried to decide whether that was a yes or a no. She shut the door behind them as she balanced her pot in one arm, listening as he started to go off about how quickly he wanted to leave? That confused her. For what reason did they need to get out of here? It was a lovely place and if he thought something was going on, he would have told her about it. Probably. The only thing he'd mentioned with their asexuality and she was pretty damn sure he wasn't racist. 

Her heart felt like it dropped in her chest as he hurried into his room and nearly slammed the door. She was left standing there, pot in hand, staring at the stone slab he'd put between them. This didn't make any sense at all. He never put down her ideas - he was usually all for doing the things she wanted to do. She blinked, slowly turning to set the pot on the ground in a place she hoped it wouldn't be kicked over. The frown on her face deepened as she thought of the finality of his words. End of story. I'm not staying. It was like being slapped in the face. She'd never seen Sayo act like this before and it was a bit concerning. She was reminded of how much power he had over her and wondered if she'd done something she would regret, but she couldn't think of anything she'd done wrong.

Silently, she stood back up and waddled carefully towards the kitchen, reaching a hand out for the cabinet before stopping, her arm dropping to her side. She felt numb. She knew she shouldn't - barely anything had happened, and she was overthinking the whole thing. He just wanted to get out of here. It was what he did - they never stayed the night anywhere, let alone more than one day. It was normal.

Yet... it felt selfish. 

She scowled to herself, sighing as she plopped herself down on the floor. She wasn't in the mood to waddle around right now. Considering how much of everything was crafted of stone, she figured her bed probably wasn't any better. Maybe it was pessimistic thinking, but she'd rather just sit here. She felt like it would be better for her to not touch anything right now. Exhaling loudly through her nose, she leaned against the wall and shut her eyes, trying to get her thoughts to stop bothering her. This was fine, it wasn't anything, he wasn't mad. He was just being annoying and selfish. A******.

What a way to end the night...
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Next morning dawned with Sayo still sitting beside the door, head hung low as he thought through everything in his racing mind. He didn't know what to do, honestly. For the first time in his long life, Sayo was lost. It was rare for him to feel this in the first place, in the second it was with Robin. It was Robin, what was he going to do?

With a sigh, he glanced out the open window and got to his feet, ear pressed to the door so he could listen outside. Not hearing anything, he assumed Robin was asleep and slowly opened the door and peered outside cautiously. Not seeing her, he slowly crept out and down the hall, side-stepping the stacks of books (and idly making a note of bringing the TARDIS back here so he could pick them up later) and slipped outside the door.

Taking a deep breath of the morning air, he took off down the road, moving out of town and towards where the ship was parked. He could see her blue sides off in the distance and was ready to step inside to escape everything, if only for a hour or two. Let Robin get her fill of things, he was a bit harsh the night before with how scared he was of her leaving. He'd give her time to get her fill of the village and it's people, then she'd be ready to go later.

Pausing outside the door, he placed a hand on it and listened quietly before opening it only to freeze in the act of stepping inside. She would want to leave later...

Right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: But Why Would You Say That?   But Why Would You Say That? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

But Why Would You Say That?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Closed RP's-
Jump to: