Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Jay Monroe I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Jay Monroe I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Jay Monroe I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Jay Monroe I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Jay Monroe I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Jay Monroe I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Jay Monroe I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Jay Monroe I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Jay Monroe I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Jay Monroe I_vote_lcapJay Monroe I_voting_barJay Monroe I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Jay Monroe

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PureWhiteFire
Newb
Newb

Jay Monroe Empty
PostSubject: Jay Monroe   Jay Monroe I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 8:43 pm

The nineteen-year-old girl, commonly known as Jay Monroe, dashed through the rain. It was a rather heavy downpour and she had given her umbrella to a little kid, stuck without one.

Jay pulled her dark blue jacket over her head as she continued to sprint, in hopes of looking for a dry spot in the rain. She inwardly sighed in relief as she found a small shop with a canopy. Once she took a seat in a dry spot, Jay put her jacket back on properly and pulled her legs to her chest.

“’Ello,” a gruff voice greeted her.

Jay snapped her head to the voice. It was just an old man with a shopping cart of his stuff. Definitely homeless. Jay let out a “He-“ before clearing her throat, realizing she wasn’t masking her French accent. “’Ello,” she greeted, back to being British.

“What are ya doing in the rain?” he asked.

“Waiting for it to stop,” Jay replied.

The old man let out a faint chuckle and asked, “Shouldn’t ya be at home?”

“Nah. Left home a year ago,” Jay admitted.

“Really? What’s the story behind that?” the old man questioned.

Jay was surprised by the question. It was a simple question really. Why was she out there? No one had actually asked her it before. They just assumed she was old enough to be on her own. And she was. “Hm…” Jay said, leaning back on the front wall of the shop. “Where to start?” She pulled her hand through her neon blue bangs, a habit that she did whenever she was thinking. After a few seconds of silence, Jay began with telling her story.

“Well, I ran away from home, simple as that. My mum and dad always loved my sisters more than me. They wanted me to be like them. But I said, ‘No. I’m me.’ They kept on trying though. I was fed up with it! As soon as I graduated from high school, I left. It’s been pretty good so far, working as a drifter. I’ve been to Berlin, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, and even Barcelona for a bit. Once I get bored of London, I plan on heading to Dublin.”

Jay had left out so many more details. Whenever she ran out of money, she sneaked into parties for food and hotels to stay in. She’s engaged to a stranger, but hasn’t seen him (or was it a her?) since then. Although, Jay wasn’t entirely sure of that story. She just remembered waking up in pub in Amsterdam with a ring on her finger. In fact, Jay isn’t even her real name.

Jay remembered all those arguments she’s had. Those explosive rows with her parents she had when she was sent home for wearing the boys’ uniform, dying her hair, and rebellious acts like graffiting the walls on the bathroom or skipping school. Jay wrapped her arms around her knees and rested her chin on them. Jay grimaced as she though of all those dinners she’s skipped and all those night spent crying or breaking things in her room, out of anger.

Jay looked back at the morning she left. It was early in the morning. She had just came home from a graduation party. After a shower, a meal, and some much-needed sleep. Jay had taken a fair amount of money from her parents and combined it with the money she had saved from skipping out on college. As quickly as she could, Jay caught the first bus going out of the city.

She looked back at all the memories she had before she became Jay Monroe. All the memories when she was still Jaquelle Maison.

“Did the same when I was your age,” the old man stated, pulling Jay out of her thoughts. “And look at me, now. Don’t you ever miss your family?”

Another surprise. Jay wondered why this man asked all of those questions. All of the questions that she was never asked before. All of the questions that made her think about her life and what she was doing.

“No,” Jay lied. She did miss those movie nights she shared with her sisters, the hot meals her mom cooked, and those little trinkets her dad would always bring he from his business trips.

“Then, call them,” the old man suggested. “Ask to come home. Trust me. I always wanted to it, but now I can’t. It’s too late.”

“Just because you wanted to do it, doesn’t mean I need to,” Jay said, wanting to change the subject.

“But you will,” the old man insisted.

Jay started losing her temper and forgot about the need to have her British accent. “No, I will not!” she spat, sounding French. Jay stood up, not caring about the rain. “Nor will I ever!” Jay ran into the rain, not caring about getting wet.

That was the first time Jay realized she missed home.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Jay Monroe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jay Monroe   Jay Monroe I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 8:57 am

hey pure, this is brilliant i have to say, but one thing you should do first is post your character creation.

You can do it here: Character Creation
And here is the template: Template

-Sonya-
~Site Owner~
Back to top Go down
PureWhiteFire
Newb
Newb

Jay Monroe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jay Monroe   Jay Monroe I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:47 pm

Thanks for reading it! And I did post the character creation, although it was under a different name. I used Jay's real name for the character creation post, Jaquelle Elizabeth Maison, but I decided to use her alias from now on to prevent any confusion.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Jay Monroe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jay Monroe   Jay Monroe I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:58 pm

ok thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jay Monroe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jay Monroe   Jay Monroe I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jay Monroe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Fanfictions :: Back Stories-
Jump to: