Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
The Traveler I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
The Traveler I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
The Traveler I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
The Traveler I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
The Traveler I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
The Traveler I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
The Traveler I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
The Traveler I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
The Traveler I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
The Traveler I_vote_lcapThe Traveler I_voting_barThe Traveler I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

The Traveler

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
5th Doctor
Student
Student
5th Doctor

The Traveler Empty
PostSubject: The Traveler   The Traveler I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 9:09 pm

The Traveler (Often uses generic aliases relevant to the location his is visiting)

Species: Presumably human
Age: Several thousand earth years (His planetary system measures time differently than Earth)

::Appearance::
Hair: Dark brown
Eyes: Deep emerald
Height: 6' 2''
Figure: Slightly slender, but not totally skinny.
Other: His entire body is covered with thousands of small, cryptic tattoos. He generally keeps them covered up.
Clothing: He has a pair of welding goggles hanging around his neck. He wears a wide brimmed hat, collard shirt and a thin scarf wrapped around his neck and tucked into the shirt. He has a mid-thigh length brown frock that looks well worn and slightly tattered. He has dark khaki jodhpurs and buccaneer boots. He has a brown messenger bag that is filled with gadgets and gizmos from all the universes and galaxies he has been to. In this bag he has a small device called "H. O. M. E." which zaps him back to his ship and to the different planets, galaxies, and universes he visits.

::Info::
Family:
-Sister (deceased)
-Mechanical fairy "Gnat"
Personality:
-Quiet, sensible, plays for his own team.
-Neutral
Strengths:
-Clever and quick witted, he can talk himself out of virtually every situation
-Keen eyes for picking out the small details
-Technologically fitted for any device, he can also pick up how to operate and adapt to any machine.
Weakness:
-Naïve to new galaxies and cultures he's been to.
-Often stubborn to changing his mind and deviating from a plan he previous planned out.
-Shiny, beeping gizmos and gadgets
-A highlander from 16th century Earth Scotland
Dislikes:
-A sale, a bargain, a deal.
-World leaders
-A pastrami on rye, with spicy relish
Dream:
To see the universes and collect what they have to offer!

History:
"How long have I been traveling? Does it really matter anymore?"

While skipping the typical Star Wars introduction, we can cut right to the meat of the situation. In the middle of a century long interplanetary war between planets of the Raxen System, the Galactic Corps enlisted the help of a mad scientist who had recently discovered a technology that would change the face of the war forever. This scientist had discovered the magnificent and awe-inspiring power of time relativity.

In the midst of new-recruits (read 'expendables') from the local prison planet, one young man stood out above the crowd: A young scientist and engineer. He was selected to try this new technology in order to search the cosmos for more powerful technology to win the war. And that's where things get interesting...

In order for the Galactic Corps to keep an eye on him and whether the technology would work, they implanted a universal translator and tracking beacon into the base of his skull. The mad scientist gave the young man a device called "H. O. M. E." which would recall him to his trans-temporal vessel called "The Giant", considering that the ship itself was fairly small.

When this young engineer made his first leap into the Vortex, the implant malfunctioned and wiped his memory of his former life, leaving only his prime directive floating around his empty cavern: gather technology and explore how they work in different universes.

At the moment of entering the vortex, a intergalactic race of kronotic justice doers called Time Lords swept in and destroyed what was left of the time traveling technology created by the scientist, along with imprisoning the scientist in their prison known as Shada.

The Time Lords have no knowledge of this successful experiment.

The Traveler has been traveling for far longer than he can
remember. His home planet's name has escaped his mind, only leaving vague traces of silver waters and mauve skies. His sister was killed in an interplanetary war and he now travels with the companionship of a small mechanical fairy of his own creation called "Gnat."

The Traveler is often a lone wolf, seeking intellectual companionship along the way. He likes a good back and forth, but in the end chooses to be a neutral party to avoid being on any sides.

The Traveler's business is in collecting gadgets and gizmos from far off universes and galaxies, often traveling into parallel universes and pocket galaxies to see what far off technology he can acquire. He often explores the possibilities of how the technology in one universe will work in another.

The Traveler often comes to Earth, calling it Sol base. At one of his visits, he came upon Scotland in the 16th Century, falling madly in love with a highlander piper. He hopes to see this man again soon...

(Detail specs of H. O. M. E. and The Giant to come soon...)

Last edited by 4th Doctor/The Traveler on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://chestertonorchatterton.tumblr.com
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

The Traveler Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Traveler   The Traveler I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 10:19 pm

First:Species: Presumably human
If he is human, you have to explain exactly how he managed to live so long. Some sort of genetic engineering or is he part of another species that lives longer?

Second:Technologically fitted for any device, he can also pick up how to operate and adapt to any machine.
How does he do this? What makes it possible? Does he have another device that allows him to analyze it easily, or has he been taught on several different types of devices? I can understand the want and need for this ability, but you have to make it realistic. Take Sonya for example, in order for me to have her able to do the same thing, I explained she spent a majority of her life studying different electronics in order to learn how to hack into computer systems to find information on the Doctor.

Third: often traveling into parallel universes and pocket galaxies to see what far off technology he can acquire./The Traveler's ship sits dormant in a pocket universe not too far away from the current existing one.
How is this possible? Even the Time Lords don't have this tech because they banned it thousands of years ago. You have to explain the reasoning behind how he made this possible. I will accept it, but I need a plausible explanation in order to do so.

I don't mean to pick apart your character like this, but all that I've pointed out is important and needs explaining. If not, then you have several large character plot holes and no one likes those in the long run. Just trying to help hun Smile

-Sonya-
~Site Owner~
Back to top Go down
5th Doctor
Student
Student
5th Doctor

The Traveler Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Traveler   The Traveler I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 10:46 pm

Groovy, I'll edit it a bit. So I guess my next question is what's the line between what needs to be known in this bio versus what I can leave up to character development in the RP? I don't want to reveal too much about his backstory so I can gave a chance encounter and have enough wiggle room for some development in there. I do appreciate the suggestions, I will continue to edit this guy to get him playable. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

The Traveler Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Traveler   The Traveler I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 11:07 pm

Just fix what I've told you and it'll be perfect, if you don't want to go into much detail, try and only give the bare minimum, just explain the situation if you have to. You don't have to give details about it.
Back to top Go down
5th Doctor
Student
Student
5th Doctor

The Traveler Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Traveler   The Traveler I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 11:23 pm

Okay, edited!
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

The Traveler Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Traveler   The Traveler I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 11:28 pm

Alright MUCH better, it explains some of the details of how he got any of what he has in his hands and ship. Thank you for understanding what I was getting at Very Happy

Approved

-Sonya-
~Site Owner~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Traveler Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Traveler   The Traveler I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Traveler
Page 1 of 1