Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
The Master - CC I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
The Master - CC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
The Master - CC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
The Master - CC I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
The Master - CC I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
The Master - CC I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
The Master - CC I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
The Master - CC I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
The Master - CC I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
The Master - CC I_vote_lcapThe Master - CC I_voting_barThe Master - CC I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
The Master - CC I_vote_lcapThe Master - CC I_voting_barThe Master - CC I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

The Master - CC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Master
Whovian
Whovian
Master

The Master - CC Empty
PostSubject: The Master - CC   The Master - CC I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Character Name: The Master

Species: Time Lord

::Appearance::

Hair: Black and Messy
Eyes: Blue
Height: Average, usually slumped forwards
Figure: Slim, almost fading away
Other: A thin layer of grey stubble dotting his jawbone, crease lines of the forehead
Clothing: A dark suit with a pale green shirt, top button undone. Often black sunglasses
Powers: Temporary hypnosis

::Info::

Family: Sister – Sonya. Biological Daughter – Steph (Deceased)
Personality: Hides deep insecurities behind a layer of sarcasm and put-on ego. Usually grumpy and grouchy. A caring side he tries to hide. First instinct is flight over fight.

Strengths: Genius tactical mind, Competent physical combatant, Inspires fear
Weaknesses: Insecure, Scrawny, Poorly treats others without malicious intent
Dislikes: People being smarter than him, Losing, People
Dream: To find his place in the universe

History:
The Master grew up on Gallifrey in the house of Oakden. He shared the same heritage and upbringing as the Doctor. The two developed a friendship, playing as youths in the red grass fields. He had an older sister, Sonya, but she was sent away from Gallifrey by their parents before his birth for reasons he did not know or understand. At the age of eight, like all time lords, he was taken for his initiation. Gazing through the untempered schism into the time vortex caused all time lords to either run away or go mad. The madness that took hold of the Master ran deeper and did not fade like the others. The madness manifested in the sound of drums, echoing throughout his head. Unbeknownst to him, this madness had been implanted by President Rassilon in the future in an attempt to escape the Time War.

As children, the Master and the Doctor were bullied by a boy named Torvic. To save his friend’s life, the Doctor was forced to kill the bully. A being that they believed to be the spirit of death insisted the Doctor become her disciple. In fear, the Doctor protested and suggested she make the Master her disciple. She accepted. The being was not seen again by either of them for a very long time.

The Master learnt the art of hypnotism at the academy but his friend, the Doctor, who he found himself drifting apart from, learnt how to break his hold over the hypnotised.

During a period of civil unrest on Gallifrey, the Master led many students in a coup against the corrupt president at the time. He tried to persuade the Doctor to take the position of lord president but he declined and an even more corrupt president Slann rose to power.

The students decided on a second coup, but they were overheard trying to recruit the Doctor once more. Harsh reprisals were taken against them. The Doctor escaped, stealing a TARDIS and fleeing into the universe outside. The Master chose a different path. Realising that peace was never going to be an option, he assassinated the lord president and became the most notorious criminal in all Gallifrey. The Master also stole a TARDIS and left Gallifrey in search of the Doctor.

He failed to escape and was brought back to Gallifrey. He spent two years in prison before being exiled to Earth with no memory of his previous life or his alien heritage. He lived in a church as part of the family of a young vicar with his wife and daughter: Yana. He fell in love with the daughter, Yana, and the two planned to marry but Gallifreyan rebels came and restore his memories. Their arrival caused the death of Yana.

Driven by hatred, the Master swore to never have anything to do with Gallifrey or its people again. However he chose to make an exception and continued to pursue one of Gallifrey’s sons: The Doctor. He discovered a companion, a human girl named Ailla from the 28th Century.
He managed to catch up with the Doctor who was now in his second regeneration at the Darkheart colony in the early years of the Galactic Federation. The discovery that Ailla was a time lady spy and the temptation posed by the power of the Darkheart device proved too much for the Master. He killed Ailla and attempted to wield the darkheart but The Doctor stopped him and trapped him a black hole. All traces of goodness had been killed now and swearing revenge on the Doctor, he took the title: The Master.

The Master escaped the black hole, using up one of his regenerations and found himself on Gallifrey once again. He penetrated the citadel and gained access to the Matrix where he discovered the Doctor, in his third regeneration, had been exiled to Earth. The Master was then captured and imprisoned on Shada. However a decision was made to release him and also exile him to Earth to keep the Doctor busy. A bad decision.

The Master spent a long time on Earth before revealing himself and his first scheme coincided with the first Auton invasion of Earth. His initial defeat did not deter him. He was determined to make the planet burn just to annoy the Doctor. He broke into UNIT HQ and hypnotised the Doctor’s assistant Liz Shaw to discover the details of recent event and then began his new plans. Often operating under false names or in disguise, he allied himself with the Silurians, Assisted a second Nestene invasion, invented a machine which harnessed the power of an alien entity to absorb evil and redirect it in an attempt to cause a nuclear war, tried to take control of the cult of Hades, brought the Axos to Earth, and summoned the demon Azal. As many times as he fought against the Doctor, he found himself fighting with the Doctor, often to save himself from one of his own schemes that had gone awry.

During these conflicts his dematerialisation circuit was stolen from his TARDIS and so like the Doctor, the Master was stranded. The last of these schemes led to the Master’s incarceration on Earth by UNIT. He attempted several escapes with his hypnosis and almost managed to regress Earth backwards in time but the Time Lords restored it.

While the Doctor was away, the Master allied with UNIT to prevent an invasion by a parallel Earth led by their Doctor. He encountered a heroic version of himself but killed him out of sympathy, he was returned to prison afterwards. While he was out though, he managed to hide his TARDIS.
From his island prison, the Master managed to cause a short-lived war between humans and sea-devils and escaped in the confusion, retrieving his TARDIS. The Master left Earth, employing a being named Verdigris to pose as him and continuing interfering with the Doctor’s life while he travelled to Skaro and struck a deal with the Daleks. He was sent to orchestrate a war between Humans and Draconians but the Doctor managed to stop him and he was forced to flee.

The Master was forced to go undercover on Earth when the Daleks invaded in the 22nd Century. He hunted down the Doctor’s granddaughter Susan when unable to find the Doctor himself and killed her husband then kidnapped her in the Doctor’s own TARDIS. He materialised on Terserus where Susan used the TARDIS’ telepathic circuits and the Master’s own tissue compression eliminator to attack him and escape with the TARDIS. The Master was almost killed and Gallifrey was alerted to his presence. His regenerations were taken from him and he was left in the decaying body he was in.

Time Lord Chancellor Goth however, saw an opportunity. Believing himself to be controlling the Master, Goth was brought into the line of succession for Lord President and pushed to the front of the line. The Fourth Doctor was brought to Gallifrey to prevent the murder of the lord president but in fact The Master framed him for it. He then went on to commit several more murders and locate the sacred artifacts of Rassilon which he believed he could control. He was defeated by the Doctor once more however but managed to escape in his TARDIS.

The Master was drawn to and became stranded on the planet Traken. He plotted to take over ‘the source’ and use it to restore himself. He managed to become one with the source but was removed by the Doctor. With the last of his power he took over the body of Tremas, Traken’s consul’s husband. The body was not time lord however so he was still without regenerations.

The Master posed as Tremas until his identity was revealed through another of his insane schemes to bring desolation unto the universe. His escape was made possible by the Doctor’s regeneration into his fifth body.
The Master continued his attempts to kill the Doctor and his friends and to alter Earth’s history for the worst and even went as far as to ally with another rogue Gallifreyan: the Rani. After their defeat, he betrayed the Rani, dismantling her TARDIS and leaving her to drift through space.
The Master recovered his own TARDIS which had been lost over the years and allied himself with the Doctor to stand against the Valeyard who had inspired fear in him like none other. He was able to restore Tremas’ body to its youth.

The Master took control of an alien Cheetah people, becoming one of them and used them to attack the Seventh Doctor and his companion Ace but was defeated and trapped on the dying world. The Master did manage to escape but was still infected with the Cheetah virus and so made many attempts to cure it by experimenting on humans he had murdered until the Doctor caught him.

The Doctor made a deal with the being they knew as Death and the Master was granted 10 years of peace and sanity providing the Doctor killed him after those ten years. The Virus was cured, and he lost his memory, becoming a physician on an alien world. Known as John Smith, he was married within that time.

After ten years, the Doctor arrived to fulfil his end of the bargain. The Master learnt of his true identity and both of the Doctor’s deals with death and forgave him for it. Death manipulated events however so that only the John Smith persona would die and the evilness of the Master would become dominant once more as her champion.

The Master clashed with the Doctor a few more times before meeting his end on Skaro. He was sentenced to death by the Daleks and executed. His last request was that his ashes be brought back to Gallifrey by the Doctor. The Doctor obliged. Despite his body’s death, his essence survived in a fluid-like form known as a Deathworm Morphant.

The essence took control of the TARDIS and caused it to crash in San Francisco at the beginning of the new millennium. After the Doctor was shot and regenerated into his eighth incarnation, the Master possessed the body of the ambulance driver: Bruce. Retaining the ‘cat-eye’ effect, the Master was forced to wear sunglasses and ally himself with a street kid named Chang Lee who had stolen the TARDIS key. The Master opened the Eye of Harmony within the TARDIS to destroy time itself but the Eighth Doctor and Dr Grace Holloway arrived to stop him. Sealing the eye of harmony and trapping the Master inside, the world was saved again.
The Master continued to exist within the TARDIS and was able to influence its travels until his escape. He maintained a symbiotic link with the Doctor’s TARDIS however, even after his escape.

The Master’s escape was due to a being known only as ‘The Glory.’ To gain it’s power he believed that a great battle would be fought between him and the Doctor, as the it had told him it would be between archenemies. The Master was triumphant in defeating the Doctor, but the battle turned out to be between their companions: An immortal samurai and a defective Cyberman named Kroton. The Doctor’s companion, Kroton was victorious, and he banished the Glory. The Master was destroyed completely.
During the Last Great Time War however, the Master was resurrected by the Time Lords with a complete new regeneration cycle. They believed his savagery would make him the perfect warrior but hadn’t reckoned on his cowardice. He fled from the war after the Dalek emperor took control of the Crucible. He fled to the end of the universe itself and disguised himself as a human scientist named Yana after his first love, with no memory of his time lord heritage.

He worked to find Utopia with another scientist Chantho until the 10th Doctor arrived, and his companion Martha Jones unwittingly persuaded him to open the fob watch that contained his true self: The Master was restored.

He killed Chantho and stole the Doctor’s TARDIS but not before she shot him causing him to regenerate. The sound of drums drew nearer in his mind as he approached his destiny. Louder.

With the TARDIS, the Master was able to manufacture a new identity: Harold Saxon, and become the prime minister. He used Torchwood files to update himself on what he had missed then sold them on to Torchwood’s enemies.

The Master started the Archangel Network, a telecommunications network, tied to mobile phones, that transmitted a boosted mind control signal based on his hypnosis across the globe making people trust him. He contacted the Toclafane, the child-like human remnants of the future humans from his time as Yana that had never found Utopia and converted the TARDIS into a paradox machine. He married a woman named Lucy, apparently treating her as a companion until his presidential campaign began and she had fallen in love with him.

He then sent the Toclafane to kill one tenth of the human population and enslaved the Doctor, aging him into an impish creature he kept in a cage. He ruled over the Earth for one year during which Martha Jones travelled the planet telling stories of the Doctor and supposedly searching for a secret weapon to defeat the Master but this proved to be a ruse. The belief of humans across the world, channelled through the archangel network restored the Doctor to health bringing the two time lords in yet another conflict.

The Master planned to launch missiles from Earth, which he referred to as New Gallifrey, to conquer millions of other worlds but the Doctor stopped him. Captain Jack Harkness was able to destroy the paradox machine and Earth was reset to before the events. Only The Doctor, the Master, Martha, Jack and Lucy Saxon remembered. Lucy Saxon shot him, having seen the monster he was and he refused to regenerate so that the Doctor would be alone again. The Master was dead again.

The Disciples of Saxon revived him a few years later using his ring and a biometric sample taken from Lucy but she disrupted the process and they were all killed except the Master who survived in a state of perpetual change between flesh and a skeletal form. He was forced to feed on humans to survive and gained superhuman abilities, including momentous leaps and lightning blasts.

The Master used an immortality gate to turn the entire human race into copies of himself and then discovered a white point star which he used to bring Gallifrey through from the time war as Rassilon had planned all those years ago. The drum beat in his head was a signal used to guide them. The Doctor destroyed the white point star sending Gallifrey back into the time war but rather than let Rassilon kill the Doctor first, the Master chose to save his friend and have his vengeance on Rassilon for all the years of torture brought on by the drums. He fought Rassilon back into the time war, going through with him. This version of the Master presumably still exists on Gallifrey in the pocket dimension the Doctor then trapped it in.
However, the Master was split into three during his revival at the hands of the disciples of Saxon and so a more physically stable but mentally unstable version continued to operate in the shadows. This Master took a companion: a girl named Alianna Ross.

The third copy travelled to the world of Asgard and posed as prince Loki until he clashed with the other Master. The third Master summoned the three Eternals at the heart of time known as the Black Mirror. He was consumed by their darkness and destroyed. The remaining Master, having strode towards redemption, was killed at the black mirror but a drastically different regeneration process brought him back, but with a nature of good rather than evil.

He continued his travels with Ross, and was reunited with his sister Sonya. Unfortunately a future version of Alianna Ross manipulated the creation of a daughter using his DNA who was programmed to kill him. The Master was forced to kill her. This drove Alianna away from him who ran away and the Master never found her again.

The Master, driven by regret and a growing evil inside of him fled from the known galaxies and was replaced by The Stranger, a replacement created by the organisation known as the Hive to serve as a countermeasure to the Master should he ever return. The Hive was formed to destroy the Master due a prophetic vision of the future. They believed he would be responsible for the destruction of everything.

The Stranger believed he was the Master until a codeword destroyed those memories in preparation for the real Master’s return. The Stranger and the Master clashed, the Master driven by evil, and the Stranger controlled by the hive. The nature of the planet they fought on caused the death of the Stranger to transfer his memories to the Master, who then, consumed by rage, hunted down and killed every member of the Hive.

Having returned to the inhabited regions of the universe, the Master intends to reconnect with his sister and find his place in the universe once again, whether that be as its champion... or it’s destroyer...

How Did You Find Us? I was already here

Sample Roleplay:
The Master stared into the darkness at the flickering light above the Doctor breaking the tide of black. He knew he couldn’t step forwards because of the Vashta Nerada: microscopic organisms that hid in the shadows and fed on flesh. On their own they were harmless, but when they swarmed together. The Master foraged through his backpack. Several items leapt out at him: a rubber duck, vital equipment for all time lords but not of any use here, a carrot, the leftovers for the Master’s rabbit-hunting phase all those years ago, a flashlight, that had possibilities..., and the Doctor’s sonic screwdriver he’d nicked barely hours ago. The sonic screwdriver could detect Vashta Nerada and the flashlight would drive them away from the small patches it shone on. He flicked it on and the shadows scattered, he stepped into the light. With each step he felt a lingering darkness in his soul. He was risking his life to save the man who had betrayed him, the man he held personally responsible for the downward slide his life had taken, the man who called himself a Doctor. He shook his head slightly, unnoticeably, then turned away and headed back to where he had come from. The Doctor would have to fend for himself, the Master had business elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

The Master - CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master - CC   The Master - CC I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 5:39 pm

I will think this over but this will be a non canon character as this was never depicted on screen or anything official.
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Master
Whovian
Whovian
Master

The Master - CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master - CC   The Master - CC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 4:28 am

Okay, thank you.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

The Master - CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master - CC   The Master - CC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 9:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

The Master - CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master - CC   The Master - CC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 9:29 pm

This will count as your own created character and a non canon. If a new incarnation of The Master arises in the future of the TV Show then you can just change it to that so you still have the character Smile
Back to top Go down
Master
Whovian
Whovian
Master

The Master - CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master - CC   The Master - CC I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 12:24 pm

Love the photo Very Happy Thank you mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Master - CC Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master - CC   The Master - CC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Master - CC
Page 1 of 1