Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_vote_lcapYou're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_voting_barYou're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_vote_lcapYou're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_voting_barYou're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) Empty
PostSubject: You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius)   You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 10:57 am

It was an average day at the Hopefelt Orphanage. Jason and Sara were off to the side, no doubt planning a wedding that would never come to pass, while the Dynamic Trio were at the center of the room, bossing people around and hogging all the toys; everyone else was in a scattered clump, complaining and snorting and doing whatever it was that they did. Lucius, however, was off on his own as he often was. He sat in a corner, a book about haunted houses in his hands. It was easy to block out the chattering, shouting, laughing, and crying of the other children considering he had had plenty of practice at that.

The information he read was interesting but sparked the question if any of what was in the book was true or not. If there were such things as ghosts, were they actually the spirits of the deceased? Or was there an alien explanation for their existence? Though he was young, the exposure Lucius had with the Doctor and that wonderful blue box had made him realize that almost anything unknown to the human race could be easily answered in a riddle from the universe. Maybe he ought to ask the Doctor about aliens and their connections to ghosts the next time he ran into one of his many faces.

A pang suddenly struck him in the chest. It reverberated deep inside his hollow innards, and to him it sounded like an organ in an empty church. There was nothing there to quell it, no familiar wheezing or buzz of the TARDIS, and certainly not the stability of knowledge that some older, trustworthy authority would be there for him in a jiffy. How long had it been since he’d seen anyone? The Doctor, mostly. Speaking of which, how long had it been since he’d seen his own father? That was the main point of hunting down the TARDIS… but it seemed to be a futile attempt. Strangely enough, even that vain killed effort held a higher hope in finding the Flesh Doctor than going off to hunt down his mother. It was as if she had fallen off the face of the Earth and there was nothing Lucius could do to bring her back.

Slapping the book closed, he abandoned it on the floor while he got up and slipped out of the main room. Nobody noticed; they never noticed until he’d been gone for far too long. So out he went.

They sky was spitting. The grey clouds were light, promising that a storm would not strike today. He didn’t bring a jacket and was afraid he might catch cold from the wind. Humming and hawing in silence, Lucius stood on the front step as he hesitated to move during the consideration period. Should he go back in for a jacket or simply move on without one?
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius)   You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:40 pm

Robin sighed, folding up the map she'd bought of a homeless man for a pound. This was Hopefelt, right? She wasn't comfortable joining into any orphanage, but at least she knew one around here. Might even have a friend, too. Honestly she wasn't sure where Tyler stood on that spectrum, but a familiar face was better than nothing. And anyway, she couldn't remember her last proper meal so it was time to go with it. Tucking the paper into her pocket, she pulled her hood down and started towards the door of the building. It took three hours and several inconvenient conversations, but she'd found the place. 

Before she could make it up to knock on the door, a special little boy peeked out and caught her attention. The one thing that could bring a smile to her face right now, honestly. A genuine one, anyway. Now more eager to get going, she rushed the rest of the way to meet the boy with a grin. 'Long time no see, Tyler.' She patted his head affectionately before crouching down a bit to meet his height. Not like she had a long way to go, considering her own. 'I've got a favor to ask. Not any trouble, am I?' He certainly didn't look busy, but this kid was a mystery wrapped in an enigma, so she really didn't have a clue.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius)   You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 1:05 pm

((For some reason the site is giving me problems so I can't use any of the reply features... including changing text colour V__V))

A voice he was used to hearing- albeit not very often- startled him out of his thought process. Lucius blinked before turning his head to Robin, watching as she walked up the steps and blinked again when her hand rested on his head. “It has been a long time.” He confirmed in a murmur, curiously considering if she was psychic due to her impressive timing. How was it that anyone associated with the Doctor appeared out of thin air when he was concentrating real hard on the topic?

Pausing to process what Robin had said, Lucius tilted his head and gave her an odd look. what could she possibly want with him? They hadn’t seen each other in an awfully long time but now she was here and wanting a favour. It wasn’t like he mind, of course he would be happy to help, but he wondered if she had purposely sought him out for a- shall he say- mission.

“No, you’re no trouble. What do you need? Can we walk and talk?” He consciously looked at the impeding door behind him, not wanting anyone to open it up and overhear what was being said. What if it was important? What if it was alien related? The average adult here certainly did a good job at pretending extra terrestrial things didn’t exist and therefore didn’t bother earth.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius)   You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 10:24 am

Robin glanced at the door behind him, not quite sure why it was important but feeling like he probably didn't want to be near it if he was hoping they could "walk and talk." That would be a tad counterproductive, wouldn't it? Honestly she had no clue how any of this worked so she was going to have a lot of catching up to do. Straightening up, she glanced around for a moment before deciding he was going to have to lead... everything here, for a moment.

'About that, actually, mind if we don't go to far? My favor kind of involves this place. Actually it revolves around it. Question - how hard do you think it is joining an orphanage without some kind of guardian dropping you off?' Robin raised an eyebrow, wondering how any of this even worked. She had no clue - the only part she knew that would 100% happen was that she needed to walk in the door.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius)   You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 11:58 am

Lucius tilted his head again, resembling a curious cat or confused puppy as he so often did. He could probably thank his father for that, he was fairly good at those expressions. Now that made him wonder if today would be a day of sulking and missing family. Maybe it was something long over due and that’s why today, for whatever reason, he was feeling it more than usual. But he should focus on what Robin wants to tell him, or rather ask him. If she went out of her way to get her butt to Hopefelt, the least he could do was pay attention.

It’s not hard. They’re use to finding abandoned kids around. Why?” Another pause. “Are you trying to join?

The thought of Robin joining Hopefelt caused his stomach to churn. He wouldn’t recommend this pace to anyone, especially not to someone as free as Robin. Perhaps there was an important mission taking place here and the only way she and the Doctor could breach that topic was if she became a part of the place. It wouldn’t be the first time something unusual happened in the mansion.

Where’s the Doctor?
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius)   You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 2:52 pm

'The Doctor... Isn't here right now. He's got things to do.' Now that she was thinking about it, Robin couldn't quite remember why she left him in the first place. Whatever the reason, it was probably good, because this life was certainly no better than the one on the TARDIS, and somehow, involved even less food. Besides, she had no friends outside this place that she could find on a regular basis, and that was boring. And a bit depressing, after a while.

'Not a problem if I join ya here, is it? Not gonna 'cramp your style' or whatever it is old people say when they try to be cool?' Nudging him with her elbow, she tried to get him to pick up a smile. He looked rather uncomfortable with the thought of her here - that didn't make things seem to great. Was something going on here she should know about? If anyone was bullying him, she swore, she'd literally kick them into next week.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius)   You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 12:27 pm

The Doctor wasn’t with Robin?  Perhaps something terrible had happened!  No, Lucius wasn’t about to expect the worse.  Plus, he was certain Robin would be showing signs of concern and worry, maybe even fear, if something bad was happening or had happened.  But why in the world would the two of them not be together?  Sure, Lucius was aware they took breaks away from each other… but the real question was how long had they been apart now?  And why?

Uhm..”  Lucius began after Robin had finished her small speech- if that’s what you could call it.  Honestly, even though he asked, he wasn’t expecting her to legitimately join this place.  But he supposed, even though she was older than him, the redhead wasn’t quite an adult and was unable to do the things done for survival.  So that meant she meant what she said, and Lucius would respond with the utmost seriousness.

No, I don’t have a problem with it.  I like you around.  But this place kinda sucks.  I mean, I guess it’s okay and all, but certain rules and protocols blow.  Sometimes  I’m told to socialize with the others.  They aren’t all bad but they just aren’t into the same things as me.  And they can be really mean.  I don’t know why.  I think we should all just get along since we’re missing things other kids have.  Instead of fighting and bickering and acting cruel all the time, we should act like a family.  Most of the kids don’t understand that concept.  When I try to make things better.. they take my stuff.  I haven’t seen my guitar in weeks… I just want it back; I got it when the Doctor and I went to a Rolling Stones concert.”  And those were the most words Lucius spoke in a long time...
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius)   You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 4:03 pm

Robin was formulating all sorts of questions while he went on, a bit surprised at the sudden interest in speaking, but once he was finished, she already knew what she was going. 'Someone took your guitar? You got a name?' No way someone was going to do that to a kid like Tyler. Besides, maybe he knew a song - that'd be something to see. 'Come on, priorities. Signing up first, guitar later. Mind giving me a hand and pointing me towards the lobby?' At least she assumed it was a lobby. Maybe an office. Depends on the place, she guessed.

((Not my best work x-x just trying to get this moving, I suppose))
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius)   You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 7:15 pm

Yes.” It answered Robin’s question. Lucius did know a name. But he knew better then to tell someone who demanded a name the name they requested. He’d watched enough ‘gangster’ movies to know what would happen next. Well, that wasn’t to say that Robin was a gangster or a person prone to violence.. but even the best of people could become vicious if their loved ones were threatened.

Lucius beckoned with his hand, waving it in a single motion before turning and walking back into the mansion. He hid his cringe well, ignoring the shouts of the children in the room right of the lobby. Turning left, he looked back to make sure the redhead was still with him before he walked into the office. Sitting there was the man who took all the phone calls and who, Lucius assumed, dealt with the majority of the paperwork.

The man raised his head and then his eyebrow, looking at the duo who walked in and tapped a pen on his desk. “Can I help you?
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius)   You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 8:25 pm

Robin sighed, feeling a bit disappointed that he wasn't about to tell her who took his guitar. She was going to be here quite a while, and maybe if she promised not to break any bones, he'd let her get it back. Following him inside, she scowled to herself once she saw the man she'd be dealing with. She was hoping for a group of old ladies she could sneak past without getting caught. Hopefully this guy wouldn't end up trouble.

'Yes, hello, not going to be a bother am I? Sort of in need of a place to stay and my friend here is helping me out. Got any room?' Honestly she wasn't sure what words she should say to initiate whatever she was meant to do here. Whatever made it official. But, because she certainly didn't want to be on anyone's bad side just yet, she plastered on a grin and tugged her hood down, thoroughly annoyed at the bloke's lack of expression.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius)   You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 9:57 pm

Lucius blinked and looked back at Robin before returning his attention back to the man behind the desk. He sounded dry and uninterested, but the boy figured that’s what adults sounded like when they were dealing with something as unfortunate as orphans. Well, maybe that’s just Lucius trying to look at it as a fault in the job and not the person.

“You’re no more of a bother than the rest of the people here. We need a guardian's or other form of authority in charge of you to fill out the forms. Is any form of authority with you?” The man lazily looked up to the door as if he expected someone larger than the two kids in his office to walk in and take care of things. Without a guardian, the process of acceptance was tedious and annoying, something the man absolutely hated doing despite the fact he was being paid to so it.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius)   You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 10:07 pm

Finding it harder to keep up the act, Robin shook her  head ever-so politely. 'No, sir, just me. If I had a guardian, wouldn't be down here, would I?' Honestly, it was annoying how... well, annoyed, he seemed at his job. He had a life, got money, could do what he wanted. What was he doing sulking about in a place like this? It's like when someone tells you children are starving in Africa, finish your food, and you ignore them because you've finished - but it's different in the sense that now, the children are watching. 

But she wasn't going to make a bad impression. She'd do enough of that later on. 'Is it going to be complicated? Papers or whatever? I mean I'm literate if that makes it any better, I suppose.'
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius)   You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 12:51 am

The man let out a large sigh, obviously disappointed and semi-irritated at the response.  “The forms are to state that you’re orphaned.  If you don’t have a guardian who is giving you up, then you need Child Services on the scene.  It’s protocol.  I’m sure you’re literate, but that isn’t the problem here.  The problem is we don’t know if you’re here for a reason other than residency.  And don’t laugh, it’s happened before.  Some kids think it’s funny to play jokes and call themselves ‘orphans’ when mommy and daddy are at home worried sick about their runaway child.  Then guess who gets in trouble.  We do.  Come back when you have the proper people to vouch for you.”

Lucius blinked harder this time, dumbfounded by the reply given to Robin.  Did that even make sense?  Was it suppose to work out that way?  What if kids like her were just on the streets and had no one?  No original home nor a Child Service worker to come along and remove her from where ever she resided for this long..  It wasn’t fair nor logical.  Even women’s centers took in anyone.. why wouldn’t a place meant for kids do the same?  It was much harder to fend for yourself when you couldn’t get a job and when no one took you seriously.

Feeling the beginning of guilt tug at him, the small boy stepped up to the desk where the man had dropped his eyes back to a cross-word he was doing prior to his interruption, and stared at him unblinkingly.  

Excuse me.”  Nothing.  “Excuse me!”  

The man sighed again before raising his head and instantly went rigid.  His physical response caused Lucius to swallow against his own dry throat.. but it was too late to back out.  He had caught the man’s eyes and planned to go through with what he was doing for the sake of Robin’s acceptance.  The boy could feel the tendrils of his psyche grasp the older man’s, drawing forth the obedience that was associated with his abilities.  “Just register Robin under your name.

“That’s a good idea.”  The man replied blandly before pulling a form from a filing cabinet and filling it out.

Last edited by Jack Harkness/Lucius on Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius)   You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Robin finally let her scowl break through, feeling this man didn't deserve even her false respect. What kind of kid's home didn't let people walk in? And how did he expect her to find some sort of person to vouch for her? He's not even going to call up Child Services or anything? How rubbish was that? Sighing, she turned to leave and find a phone when she realized Tyler was speaking up. Well that wasn't something that happened often - what was he doing?

Turning on her heel, she watched with a ghost of a smile as he helped her ease her way in. Nearly forgot he could do that. Or, maybe, she preferred not to remember, in hopes she'd forget about his mother. What ever happened to her, anyway? No - not the point right now, don't be stupid. 'Thanks, then.' She moved to ruffle his hair and caught herself, feeling like he probably wouldn't appreciate it. 'You're still going to have to guide me around here, for a while, though. Not gonna get annoyed with me, are you?'
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius)   You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 12:17 pm

Lucius watched with mild satisfaction as the man went about his business. With a small nod, he turned his body to face Robin, looking uncertain but soon shaking the expression off his face. His mother often told him not to feel remorse for utilizing his powers. If it was being used in defense or for the benefit of someone in need, he should never feel bad. But still, altering someone’s will and actions without their consent was something Luci didn’t like to do. What if someone could do that to him? He certainly wouldn’t enjoy that.

A ghost of a smile crossed his face as he observed Robin’s hesitation. Though he didn’t necessarily like his head touched, there were only a select few people he liked the affection from. Robin happened to be one of them.

I won’t get annoyed at you. Not sure what kinda places you want me to show you but stick with me and you won’t get lost.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius)   You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 1:28 pm

Robin felt that she was in a pickle, now. She didn't want to just straight out ask "How the hell does one live in an orphanage" but how else was she going to say it? Luci wasn't going anywhere, not really, and she was really just hoping to follow him blindly. She felt like she couldn't even take a step out of the room before knowing where she was going first. Maybe her reluctance showed on her face - she felt like it did - that wasn't a pleasant thought. How long had it been since she'd last been in a situation this awkward?

Or, you know, maybe it was just awkward for her because all of the sudden, she was dependent. Fidgeting uncomfortably for a moment, she finally glanced down at the boy with a sigh. 

'... What do I do now?'
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius)   You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 12:41 pm

Lucius started at Robin without saying anything. His unblinking, silvery gaze observed her stance and noted the awkward and unsure way she held herself. Could he blame her? She went from being a free bird, soaring through the sky (or rather, time and space) and finding her own grub and nesting grounds to a captive bird, staring through the bars of her cage at the outside world she roamed freely. Like a caged little bird, she was going to be told where to nest and will receive food through the hands of the owner, so to speak. How disgraceful it was for that once free bird to have seeds thrown its way when it once upon a time feasted on fresh nuts, berries, and bugs.

Reaching out, he grabbed onto Robin’s head and started to walk into the living area where all the kids were still screaming and playing around. “Whatever you want. Probably should give you a tour though. At least show you the milestones of the place.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius)   You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 3:17 pm

Robin raised an eyebrow at his choice of words. Milestones? She'd never thought of an orphanage like that, but she guessed it wouldn't be too far of a stretch. It made sense, at least to her, that there'd be milestones in a place like this. Holding Tyler's hand like a lifeline, she ventured into the room full of obnoxious children, wincing at the volume they'd made it to. It was still early in the day, how had they managed to round up so much energy? Glancing down at the only familiar face she could knew she'd find, she raised an eyebrow as if to question the nature of play time. Of course, what else was she expecting? Three year olds conducting the perfect tea ceremony, using words like exquisite and pumpernickel?

'What is it you do around here, then? I know you enough to know this can't be pleasant. What've you got to keep you busy, hm?' Her eyes wondered back to the children, watching a little girl spin in a frilly pink tutu, then a couple of boys racing miniature cars around everyone's feet. That was probably going to get annoying quickly. A thought occurred to her - were they shut inside like this all day? How dull it must be not being able to run around outside. At least out there there were things to do. She was quickly regretting her decision to stay here. Maybe it wasn't worth the free food after all.

But that wasn't her problem right now. Now, she needed to know how life was conducted around here. When the meals were, when curfew was - if there was any - where she'd be staying... That sounded like a good idea - finding out where she was going to sleep. God, sleep sounded appealing right now. No, there were more important tasks at hand. 'I'm assuming we've got beds, or cots or something. Let's start with that, I guess.' She shrugged, her attention redirected to her little friend once more, ready to follow as he guided.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius)   You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You're One of us Now (Robin/Lucius)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Closed RP's-
Jump to: