Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Slip of the tongue I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Slip of the tongue I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Slip of the tongue I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Slip of the tongue I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Slip of the tongue I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Slip of the tongue I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Slip of the tongue I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Slip of the tongue I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Slip of the tongue I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Slip of the tongue I_vote_lcapSlip of the tongue I_voting_barSlip of the tongue I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Slip of the tongue I_vote_lcapSlip of the tongue I_voting_barSlip of the tongue I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Slip of the tongue

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

Slip of the tongue Empty
PostSubject: Slip of the tongue   Slip of the tongue I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 12:24 am

Yalti walked, and continued walking. He had allowed his mind to wander and slipped into a state of auto-pilot, he knew that he was at a park but didn't know where.

Besides, he was happy enough to be in an open space. Cities were never his type, mountains on the other hand…he could navigate them so easily.

Ending up sitting on a bench, he returned to reality, jumping into the water, finding that he was sitting next to somebody, a little too close for comfort. Unfortunately, he did end up in the water.

Yalti stayed in the water, not bothering getting up. It was too hot on the land and he wanted to simply be cooled off, with the expense of his clothes getting soaked.

"Jeg er så lei meg for å sitte nær deg …" I am so sorry for sitting close to you...

Crap. He slipped into a different language, Yalti had hoped he had grown out that phase a few years back but it was clear that he hadn't.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Slip of the tongue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slip of the tongue   Slip of the tongue I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 6:10 am

((Just gonna join this now, casually, as Robin a tad earlier in her timeline >.>))

Robin looked up as she saw the man strolling towards her, seeming to have his head in the clouds. Shame, that was. It seemed everyone was doing that today. It was nice, though, actually. For once, no one was bothering her. Maybe it was the weather - which was pleasantly hot compared to yesterday - that shoved everyone back in their homes, or maybe it was the fact that this was a Tuesday when almost no one had off work. Either way, it was starting to near 3, she thought, so some people would probably be out soon. Sadly.

But then, unexpectedly, the man took a seat near her. Or, rather, way too near her. 'Sir?' Before she'd managed to get any further in her scolding, the man just about flung himself off the bench and into the pond in front of them. Oh. With a frown of confusion, she got to her feet and rushed to try and help him out. Just because she didn't like people didn't mean she couldn't be nice to them. 'You got your head in the clouds, man. Take a minute.' 
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

Slip of the tongue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slip of the tongue   Slip of the tongue I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 7:01 am

Yalti shook his head a few times, trying to understand that meaning. It was rather odd that there was an immediate reaction and he slowly made his way out of the pond.

"Thank you." He regain proper control over himself and resat himself on the bench. It was definitely a cold day, or was that his wet clothes? He ignored where he was going on that train of thought.

"Me llamo es Yalti." Yalti cursed, I seriously have to stop talking altogether if this is happening. He looked at the red-haired woman and gave her a smile, not entirely trusting himself to speak. He stared up to the sky and back down, there were more people appearing. He would have to trek through the park with soaking clothes, he'd left his shoes in the lake, it didn't matter too much as it hopefully made walking around nicer with the weather. No one better step on his feet.

"Well…sorry, having a tiny problem with my languages…"
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Slip of the tongue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slip of the tongue   Slip of the tongue I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 3:03 pm

'No problem, I guess. A bit of an odd one, but not a huge deal - I'm sorry are you going to get your shoes?' This guy Yalti - from what she understood - was a bit of an airhead. Or at least he was coming off that way so far. In fact, most of the people around them seemed to be a bit absent today. Glancing about the area, she managed to spot a man walking his dog straight into a tree and chuckled. 

After a moment, she found herself drifting off into space. Staring blankly at the man with the dog and the tree, she couldn't bring herself to focus on any one thought. Man, dog, tree. Man, dog, tree. Man, dog, tree... Shaking her head, she snapped herself out of the self-induced trance and redirected her attention to the multilingual man. 'Robin - 'cause I suppose I should tell you my name, too.' 

((You didn't seem to have a plot here so maybe go with this? I dunno, maybe you did and in that case sorry x-x))
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

Slip of the tongue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slip of the tongue   Slip of the tongue I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 2:16 am

"Nice to meet you, Robin." Yalti said, shaking his head. "No, I might as well leave them in there."

Most of the time, he'd be fine with speaking but for some reason, something had caused this to happen. He tried racking his brains to see whether there was anything that he could remember that would have made him switch between languages, maybe it was the planet he was on or he had a nasty fall. Whatever it was, he was going to get the bottom of this. To add to that, people were rather absent in their movement.

"Cad atá ar siúl? Tá ag gach duine atá as láthair amhlaidh minded!" What's going on? Everyone's so absent minded! It translated into. Okay, maybe it was the weather, Yalti casted a glance upwards, it wasn't sunny nor cloudy nor storm clouds were brewing. "Odd weather, isn't it?"

Wait--where was the sun? Where was his shadow? Yalti jumped in surprise, spinning around, checking where his shadow had gone and then checked whether Robin had one, because you couldn't be too careful.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Slip of the tongue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slip of the tongue   Slip of the tongue I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 5:55 pm

Robin raised an eyebrow, watching as the man slipped into another language and proceeded to comment on the weather. Was it just her or were people really loopy today? Her question was nearly answered for her when he stood up and freaked out about... something. 'You alright, mate? What's..' Oh. Okay, shadows. Shadows are gone. There is light but the shadows are gone. Instinctively looking up into the sky, she noticed the absence of the sun. But there was light so how did that work. Vashta Nerada? Maybe their nice twin or something, considering this was light, they were shadows, and they were definitely the evil ones. Maybe they created life or something. That thought made her think of hippies and peace and such, which - no matter how mad that made her sound - kind of explained the mindlessness going on. 'Alright, that's a new one...'
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

Slip of the tongue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slip of the tongue   Slip of the tongue I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 8:59 pm

"New one?! You mean there's more like this?" Yalti was freaking out, trying to internalize it but failing miserably. He started to pace back and forth, pinching himself to wake up. Power of speech had left him and he could only blame it on the aliens. Yalti also wondered whether Braxien ever had this sort of feeling when he first had discovered aliens. It was possible but also Brax was that sort of man that accepted anything that was related to aliens.

Yalti sighed. "Aliens?" He looked at Robin hoping for an explanation to all this madness as the girl seemed to have encountered many of these before. It was unnerving to not see your shadow underneath you, usually that happened when there was fog or mist covering the sun but it was a clear day. Earth was most likely freaking out…Just as he said that, many people rushed past, screaming.

He raised an eyebrow, staring after them. "Nu ben ik benieuwd" Now I am curious ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slip of the tongue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slip of the tongue   Slip of the tongue I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slip of the tongue
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Open RP's-
Jump to: