Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_vote_lcapThe Key to the Gates of the Earth I_voting_barThe Key to the Gates of the Earth I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_vote_lcapThe Key to the Gates of the Earth I_voting_barThe Key to the Gates of the Earth I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

The Key to the Gates of the Earth

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

Location : In the Tardis! | Brooke: In the Tardis Library, of course.

The Key to the Gates of the Earth Empty
PostSubject: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 11:19 pm

Emma probably shouldn't be driving right now, considering her vision was slightly blurred from the tears threatening to fall from her eyes.  She'd been fine earlier, when she was busy doing stuff like cleaning and reading.  Then, after finishing the book, she had gathered up all the library books to take back to the library.  She was on her way back from there now.  And then she'd just started remembering some of the time she'd spent with her grandpa.  Times with just her and her grandpa, and other times with her and her brothers and sisters and grandpa.  And then the next thing she knew, her eyes were filled with tears. And she couldn't exactly wipe her eyes since she had a helmet on her head and she had to hold the handlebars or she'd probably wreck.

She blinked a few times to clear her vision and tried to focus on something else besides the loss of her siblings and her grandpa.  Suddenly, she stopped her motorcycle and looked around in total puzzlement.  Everything was different.  Where she had been driving on a long, winding road that went deep into the forest of Virginia and to the cabin where her grandpa used to retreat for peace and solitude, she was now in a very different place, and she had never seen anything like this before.  

She pulled off her helmet and looked around with wide eyes.  The sky was, oddly, purple.  There were huge, unidentified trees growing here with big twisting roots covered in vines and moss, some with these forming a tunnel big enough for a subway train to pass through easily.  There was a river nearby that flowed through one of these tunnels, but she noticed that the water looked silvery instead of normal.  Maybe it was a trick of the light.  And the purple sky probably wasn't helping, either.  She saw many plants and flowers that were like none she'd ever seen before.  Looking up at the unusual sky, she realized that quite nearby, there was a large, pinkish colored planet visible in the sky.

Emma turned off the bike and just sat back on her bike's seat and looked all around her in awe, as well as in confusion.  Finally, after having taken in all that she could see, she took a moment to try and figure it out. Rationalize it, if she could.
    "Where.. am I?"  She finally asked softly, to herself.  She blinked as she noticed something else odd about this place.  "Two moons?" She exclaimed softly in surprise.  Then she looked closer.  "Wait, no.. three!"  She stared in amazement at the three moons that were visible in the sky.  Two were brighter, while the third was a bit fainter and smaller, probably a little further away.

She got off of the bike and walked around a little, exploring just a bit, but she kept her bike within sight, though she wasn't sure why.  She seemed to be all alone in this place, so it wasn't like anyone was going to bother her or anything.. right?

No sooner had she thought that, than she was proved wrong.  She tensed as she heard something, like a steady, mechanical pounding.  Glancing around the strange forest warily, she began backing toward her motorcycle, just in case.  A glint of silver caught her eye, and she looked closer at the area.  From behind a tree, she noticed that the silver thing was moving toward her.  That was the noise; with each step the thing took, she heard a pound as if the thing were stomping instead of stepping.  After staring for a moment, she realized that it was.. a robot?  She frowned a little.  This robot was taller than her, and its silver body was actually a little tarnished.  She thought it looked like it might be old, and perhaps in need of minor repairs along with a good polishing.  

Despite this, somehow she got a bad feeling about this situation.  The robot seemed to have a sort of menacing vibe about it, and she didn't like the way it was marching straight toward her.  She wasn't sure what to do, but she thought it was probably a good thing that she was near her bike.  She backed toward it slowly as the robot kept coming, thinking it best to not make any sudden movements.  Just then, she noticed movement to the left and right of her, thanks to her peripheral vision.  She glanced around and felt somewhat worried when she saw about four more of these robots surrounding her, two on each side and two more behind her.  They all looked identical, except for the degree of tarnished-ness and damage.  If they had all been in top condition and polished, they'd have been indistinguishable from one another.  The five of them formed a circled around her, evenly spaced and steadily closing in.  And they all seemed menacing and.. well, scary.  

But Emma tried not to show fear.  Not even when they stopped after having surrounded her.  She did notice that, thankfully, her motorcycle was included in the circle with her.  Their marching had been so exactly synchronized that she had thought there was only one of them, from the sound.  The silence that followed made her a little nervous with anticipation of what might happen now.

"You are in possession of a key.  We must have this key.  You will give it to us."  The first robot spoke, with a harsh, mechanical sort of voice.  The type of voice you'd expect from a robot, she supposed, but the harsh bit made her a bit uneasy.
    "And.. if I don't?"  She inquired, trying to keep the defiant tone out of her voice.. at least for now.
    "You will be deleted and we will take it.  Give us the key or be deleted."  It demanded, sounding totally emotionless with each word.  

Key?  She wondered what key they meant.  She had lots of keys.  She had a key to her grandpa's cabin that was now hers, she had a key to her dad's house, and a key to her motorcycle.  She also had a key to her dad's car, keys to journals and jewelry boxes.. and.. oh.  She suddenly remembered.  She'd been cleaning in the attic of the cabin the other day, and had found an old, dusty jewelry box.  Inside was a very unusual skeleton key, like none she'd ever seen before.  She could picture it in her mind still.

It was large and made of a strange, unknown metal that looked mostly like old, slightly rusted, bronze.  The very top of it was round and had a dusky green ribbon, accented with purple and blue, tied around it.  Just below that was a translucent orb, tinted slightly blue with swirls of color bursting from the center.  Blue, purple, green, and orange streaks stretched out from the middle of this orb, twisting and snaking around it.  Further down, the key looked very old and worn from use.  The large, old-fashioned tip was discolored from age.  When she had touched it, she'd seemed to sense a strange, otherworldly feel from it- Almost like a supernatural aura.

Emma remembered finding it, and now she tried to remember what she'd done with it.  Not that she was going to give it to them. Somehow, she had a sense that it would be very, very bad if these robot things got that key.  She wasn't sure why she felt that way, but she just did.  She had a suspicion that very bad things would happen if they got that key, so there was no way she was letting them get it.  So, instead, she thought of a better plan.

"Right.. the key."  She said, nodding slowly.  "Sure.  Just.. one moment.. let me get it for you, ok?"  She said, while backing toward her motorcycle.  "It's right here.."  She kept her hands out where they could be seen as she reached toward her bike, feeling like someone who was being arrested.  She hoped they'd fall for this, but just in case, she made sure to move slowly so not to draw suspicion.  Could robots get suspicious?  She wasn't sure, but thought it better to be safe than sorry.  Then, when she had her hand on the key to the bike, she switched from moving slowly to moving swiftly.  She turned the key in the ignition and at the same time, swung one leg over the seat so she was sitting on it, hoping she could move fast enough to catch them by surprise.  The robots seemed to realize she was trying to escape, and moved toward her.  But just as they were reaching for her, she sped off, leaned down very close to the handlebars.  She managed to get through a small gap between two of the robots, and then she was clear of them.

She grabbed the helmet off of the handlebars and shoved it onto her head with one hand, while driving with the other hand.  As soon as she had the helmet on, leaving the straps dangling loosely by her chin, she gripped the handlebars with both hands, tightly.  She twisted the one to accelerate, adrenaline coursing through her veins as she tried to both go fast and be careful.  Then, taking a brief glance in her side mirror, she saw one of the robots aiming what she assumed to be a sort of gun that was attached to its wrist in her direction.  She instinctively ducked, just in time to avoid being hit by a bolt of something that she thought might be a laser.  She took a quick turn and began weaving through the tree roots that formed a sort of vine-y tunnel around her, and tried to maintain a fast speed without wrecking.  Over the roar of the bike's engine, she could hear the pounding sound that they made when they walked, and she knew they were coming after her.

She had a million thoughts racing through her head, one of the first being,  'I really hope they don't catch me',  followed closely by, 'What on Earth just happened?  Wait, am I even on Earth?'  She thought about the purplish sky, three moons, robots, and all the other stuff she'd seen since she arrived here, and she knew it couldn't be Earth.  So the next question was, where was she?  Or was this some sort of dream?  If it was a dream, it was the craziest dream she'd ever had.  But, then, if it was real, then it was the craziest thing that had ever happened, so either way it was crazy and she was pretty sure it wasn't a dream.

Suddenly, she tried to brake to avoid running into a log or thick root or something that lay across the path, and the motorcycle skidded forward on the dirt path but didn't seem to be stopping quick enough, so she tried to swerve to miss it.  That didn't work, and the front tire hit the root/log and sent her and the bike flipping over it.  For what seemed to her like at least three seconds, she felt like she was flying through the air.  Then she hit the ground and rolled across it for a ways, seeming to hit every bump and rock and root that was there.  She wasn't sure where the bike was, but somewhere in her thoughts she hoped she wouldn't land on it, or it land on her.  

When she finally lay still, she felt bruised and really hoped that nothing was broken.  For what seemed like a long time, but was probably only a few seconds, she lay staring up at the purple sky and two of the moons that were close together.  She tried to assess how badly she might be hurt without moving, and took several deep breaths before slowly sitting up.  Her right elbow hurt a lot as she did, causing her to wince.  She looked down at herself and saw a lot of blood in the area of her left knee, which also really hurt.  Primarily using her left hand, she pulled off her helmet and tossed it aside with a soft groan.

She thought she ought to check her injuries, but she felt like getting as far from here as possible was more important right now.  She didn't want those robot things to find her, so she pulled herself painfully to her feet.
    "Ow.. ow ow ow.. ow."  She gasped each word softly.  It hurt to put much weight on her left leg, but she did her best to ignore it.  It wasn't the worst she'd been hurt, and she'd dealt with much more pain before.  She knew she could handle it.  She leaned on a part of a tree root that seemed more like a young tree than a root, and looked around briefly.

Her motorcycle was lying on its side, looking a little beat up but not totaled, thankfully.  Her helmet was tossed carelessly off to the side a little ways from it, but she didn't worry too much about that.  Should she try to hide them?  She didn't think it would make much difference, and she didn't want to take the time to do it, in case those robots were close to catching up with her.  Plus, her knee and elbow hurt.  So instead, she set off in a randomly chosen direction, limping in a slightly uneven jog because that was about as fast as she could go right now with her knee injury.  She gritted her teeth and did her best to ignore the pain as she glanced around, trying to keep alert as she moved through the huge forest.

When she felt that she couldn't go much farther without tending to her injuries, she finally stopped and found a sort of 'cave' inside the roots of a tree that was a bit smaller and lower to the ground than most of the others.  She used the faint light of her cell phone to check inside first, then carefully climbed inside and did the best she could to cover her tracks in the dirt.  She really hoped the robots wouldn't be able to find her.  Would they be able to follow her tracks?  She hoped not.  Now, having settled in with her back against the wall of her 'cave', it was time to check her injuries.
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorcking.com
6th Doctor/Espen V.
Beginner
Beginner
6th Doctor/Espen V.

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 12:42 am

Espen wiped the dirt from his brow and pulled the cap he'd been wearing lower over his eyes. This cavern was as dusty as it was dark. He shone the flashlight around the passage he'd most recently found, leaving another mark to tell him which way was the way out. He took a deep breath and let it out in a sigh, taking just a few moments to stop and breathe. He was beginning to doubt his sanity. He'd gone way out of his way for this one.

It had started the way most of his little side adventures had started: A rumor. Deep on the boards, he'd unearthed yet another guy insisting that his lights had flickered, and that meant aliens. Normally, he wouldn't have taken so much as a second glance at the post, but he also mentioned some cheap-o fake device that Espen had seen advertised several times. It was supposed to detect “hyperviolet radiation”, which could “only be produced by an alien spacecraft.” Naturally, it didn't. What it basically did was beep wildly every once in a while if there was a strong breeze blowing into the front. The reason this device had interested Espen so much, though, is because he had personally purchased a few and rigged them up with a little doodad he'd come across. A radio receiver set to a select few frequencies that, when it picked up chatter, caused the device to beep just as it normally would. Further, he'd disabled the stupid wind thing. Essentially, what he'd done was make the thing actually usable, but in such a wide area that it would rarely if ever give any descent results.

Also, one of his modified clunkers had been purchased by this very user. Because everyone and their uncle knew that these things didn't actually work, the post had become buried by other similar or more likely candidates, and then the user, upon getting a bit of ridicule and doing some research on the phony product, promptly gave up the search. This meant that these strange transmissions were all Espen's now. He had immediately packed up and shipped out on the first plane he could find, and now here he was following his own intuition and a standard radio, looking for interference. And it had led him here. To this cave.

Espen recounted his thoughts, turning the knob on the radio scanner to try to hear that perfect kind of static that you could only pick up with a high level transmission. Just when he had begun to hope that he wasn't just running into some undiscovered vein of uranium, he stepped full and solidly into something. Something he couldn't see. Stars flashed in front of his eyes for a moment and he blinked them away, rubbing the sore spot on his forehead. He'd just hit something cold and metallic, and it had smarted like no one's business.

And now, when he looked around, he couldn't quite figure out where he was. He was no longer in a cave, that was for sure. In fact, he seemed to be outside. Except the sky was strange, and there seemed to be more than one moon. These trees that were growing around him were odd, too. But worse than that, he heard something. He heard a metallic marching sound. He blinked again and shook his head. Right now, despite the throbbing behind his eyes, he needed to move. He headed into the nearest thicket of trees he could see. He didn't know a lot, but what he did know that he had heard that sound before, on the forums, in poor recordings. The stories that went along with it were never good.

He groaned a bit and rubbed his head, just running blindly for now. He needed to get someplace protected where he could gather his thoughts and figure out what was going on, then he needed to get out of there. After a short while, he was able to get himself away from the thumping steps, and his head had mostly cleared. Somewhere, however, he heard another sound. It sounded like a voice, quiet though it was. He flattened himself against a tree and peeked around it. There seemed to be someone else there, and they seemed to be nursing an injury. He hesitated before speaking, but he needed to say something.

“Hey, you! You're uh....human, right?” He called in a different direction, so that his voice echoed a bit. It wasn't a perfect ventriloquist act, but it might obfuscate a little bit. He wasn't sure what was going on, and he needed every advantage he could get in the current situation.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 1:12 am

Emma listened careful for a moment, but she couldn't hear the marching sound anymore. That was good. Now, to check her injuries. First she checked her right arm to see if she could use her hand. Her elbow hurt from where she must have hit it on something, but she came to the conclusion that it would probably be fine after a little while. Probably just hit it a bit hard, maybe bruised it, but it would be fine. Now, for her knee. The fabric of the jeans was torn and bloody, and she bit her lip a little in concern as she studied it the best she could. It was difficult to tell much in the darkness of this mini-cave under the tree's roots, and she wished she had a flashlight. And some water. She also wished she'd had the sense to grab her first aid kit from her the storage compartment under her bike's seat. Too late for that now.

She dragged herself closer to the opening of her 'cave' and tried to get where the light would fall onto her knee, then began to carefully attempt to peel back the torn, bloody fabric of her jeans, wincing slightly when she saw the injury a little better.
"Ouch.." She whispered to herself, a bit worried. How was she going to treat that without any supplies? She didn't even have any water to clean it with. Well, there was that silver looking river she'd seen, but she wasn't sure where that was in relation to her current location. Plus, she wasn't sure if it was safe to go out looking for it anyway. She suddenly hoped that those robots didn't have some sort of heat sensor things to help them find her.

Suddenly she heard noises, and tensed. Wincing a little, she moved her right hand swiftly to cover her right hip as if she were reaching for a gun, which also would effectively prevent a person from seeing that she didn't actually have a gun. Though, she wished she did have one, she'd feel a tiny bit safer that way. Then someone called out from what she thought seemed like nearby, asking if she's human. Wasn't that a stupid question? She remained very still for a few drawn-out seconds, thinking over her options and debating about whether it would be safe to reply or not. It didn't sound like a robot, but that didn't mean there was no danger.

Of course, there was also the low chance that the person wasn't even talking to her at all. Maybe there was someone walking through the forest and someone else had seen them and called out to them. They might not even have any idea Emma was there. She bit her lip and kept watching what parts of the forest she could see, waiting to see what would happen, and all her senses on high alert. She decided to wait and see if this person was a danger to her or not. Maybe he controlled the robots or something. Maybe he was the one who wanted the key?
Back to top Go down
6th Doctor/Espen V.
Beginner
Beginner
6th Doctor/Espen V.

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:47 pm

Espen cursed quietly under his breath.  He'd stepped in pretty deep crap before, but this particular sewer reeked more than your average big business cover-up or attempted coup.  He took a deep breath and turned around the tree, showing his hands.  He needed to make sure this girl, whoever she was, knew he wasn't posing a threat.  Whatever was going on right now, he knew whatever he could find that had proper skin on it needed to team up to survive here.  "Hey, look, no problems from me.  Those things, whatever they are, are the real problem here.  No time to be fighting each other, right?"  He stood out in the open now, but kept himself ready to dive back into hiding at the first sound of a metallic footstep or a grainy, shouted order.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 12:31 am

Emma looked at the guy who had stepped out where she could see him, and watched his body language as he spoke. He didn't seem like a threat, so she relaxed a little.
"Where are we?" She asked, frowning. "And, you wouldn't happen to have a first aid kit handy, would you? Or.. at least some water?" She asked, slowly moving her hand away from her imaginary holster to show that she was, in fact, unarmed. "Also, who are you?" She added, frowning a little. "You look human, so.. that's probably good.. what's the deal with those robot things?" She asked. She was scared, sure, but to anyone watching her, she wouldn't seem like she was, because she was good at hiding it behind a calm outward appearance.

About that time, she tensed up a little, hearing that noise again. The steady pounding march of the robots. She listened for a moment, then hastily moved toward the back area of her 'cave'.
"Get in here.. maybe they won't find us." She said, motioning to the guy to join her. The marching got closer and closer, and she felt more and more tense. Would they find her hiding place? What would happen if they did? And, could she trust this guy? She kept an eye on him as well, just in case.
Back to top Go down
6th Doctor/Espen V.
Beginner
Beginner
6th Doctor/Espen V.

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 1:37 am

Espen's ear picked up the metallic marching again.  He didn't need a second invitation.  Honestly, he didn't need a first.  He kicked off and jumped down the small slope he'd been on and sprinted into the root-y alcove.  He reached into his pocket as he ran, pulling out his phone.  With his other hand, he pulled out a small, penny sized disk and looked closely at it just as he entered the tangled wood(?).  Looking at his phone, he grimaced.  Naturally, no service.  Why would he have service?  That would just be too darned convenient.  He assumed that whatever metal thing had clocked him over the head before had something to do with jamming the signal.  Still, that wasn't what he'd pulled the phone out for.

Firstly, he turned down the stupid brightness.  Second, he opened up a particular app, switching one of the settings.  "2".  Then he kept it at the ready.  These metal things, he was wracking his brain over them.  His mind was searching through every single forum post and picture and fuzzy, horrid recording he'd heard.  He knew about 90% of the stuff he was remembering was completely useless, but the 10% could save his life at the moment.  It had before.  The problem was sifting through the 100% to figure out which was which, when the entire thing was just all hearsay to begin with.  He hid as far down into the crevice as he could without losing sight of the entrance, and tensed himself to act and to run.  Now wasn't much of a time for talking, but he did glance over at his new companion.  "Yes, I'm human.  And unfortunately I don't know anything about whatever it is that's after us.  Not yet, anyway.  If I can remember something that applies and might actually be useful, you'll be the first to know."  He tried to regulate his breathing, but he was clearly unsettled by all of this.  Not that he hadn't been in danger before, but one never quite got used to this sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 4:32 pm

Emma watched the guy play with his phone and stuff, but she was more focused on listening to the sound of those robots marching. She kept very still and tried not to make any noise. Her elbow was already feeling better, but her knee still hurt. Moving quietly, she pulled off the top shirt she had over the long sleeved under shirt, and rolled it into a ball. She then pressed that onto her bleeding knee, trying to stop the bleeding.

She kept listening until, thankfully, the robots moved past their hiding spot and before long their stomping footsteps began to fade as they moved further away. She turned to the guy.
"Do you know anything about them?" She asked. "They said they wanted some key..and said they'd 'delete me' if I didn't give it to them.." She frowned. "I have no idea what they're talking about, but I thought it best to get away from them. I also have no idea where I am.. or what they want with the key. But I have a feeling it's not anything good.."

She bit her lip and checked her injured knee, lifting the rolled up shirt off of it for a moment. "I'm Emma, by the way." She added quietly, glancing at the guy who had taken refuge with her in the mini-cave among the roots of the big tree.
Back to top Go down
6th Doctor/Espen V.
Beginner
Beginner
6th Doctor/Espen V.

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:03 pm

As the marching got closer, Espen clutched the small disk in his hand and clicked the power button on the phone, to extinguish any light he might be giving off. He basically held his breath and kept perfectly still until the sounds faded off into the distance.

When questioned again about the metal things, he shook his head. "All I've got is hearsay. That phrase though, "delete". I've heard it come up before as I've been crawling. It was...the Cybermen. Or something like that. The association came up more than once, I think. That's why I remember it. Don't know what they do, why they do it, or how they do it. I just know the stories weren't good." He pocketed his phone and the coin-like thing again and crossed his arms, leaning against the wall.

"I'm Charles. Good to meet you, though the circumstances..." He let that one hang. "Charles. I'm Charles." He continued. Then he began to ponder this key thing. Again, he pulled out the phone, taking a moment to thank the heavens for modern technology, and walked over to her. "This key, though, maybe if we take a closer look at it we can get some idea about it. Here, let me-" He stopped himself. She probably wouldn't let him see it. She probably SHOULDN'T let him see it. He brought the phone to life and turned on the assistive light, then turned on the camera application. "Here, you take a close look at it." He offered her the phone, zoom clearly marked on the side. With the right angle, this could work as an jerry rigged lighted magnifying glass. "Anything would be helpful, if it can help us figure out what's going on around here."
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 10:09 am

Emma looked curiously at the little disc thing he kept holding, and frowned slightly as he mentioned only knowing hearsay about these things. She thought about that for a bit. She wanted to know more, but she didn't have a good source of information. The guy didn't even know for sure what they were called, though she did think Cyber Men sounded pretty accurate, considering.  
    "Alright.. so the question is, where are we? Because I was just riding my bike down the road and suddenly I was here.. like I got teleported or something." She frowned. "And where did you come from? Do you live here?" She motioned around at the strange forest.

She had a sneaky suspicion, when he gave his name as Charles, that he wasn't quite telling the truth, but it wasn't like it mattered. She nodded slowly as he introduced himself, saying his name three times.
    "Alright, Charles. So, now what?" She inquired. He began talking about taking a closer look at the key, and then suggested she take a closer look at it, and offered her his phone which seemed to have some pretty advanced sort of technology in it. But she didn't take the phone. She looked at him. "Well I'd like to have a closer look at it, but the problem is, I have no idea where the key they want is." She told him with a shrug, then winced when her shoulder was still a little sore.

She lifted off her rolled up shirt to look at the wound on her knee, biting her lip as she did. She thought she really ought to get a bandage on it, and get it cleaned up first too. But she'd left her first aid kit in her bike, and she didn't know if it would even be safe to try to find it again. She didn't know if she could get there either, with her knee hurting so much.
    "Got any ideas for this, Charles?" She asked quietly, frowning at the wound.
Back to top Go down
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley
Student
Student
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 12:12 am

Chris was on his way to another hospital. Lucky I was fairly nearby Washington DC so he could drive there. He was entering the hospital on his iPhone's GPS. He typed "Quantico Medical Hospital" and pressed go. 40 minutes later he was almost there. All he had to do was drive down this path of trees for a bit. Chris could feel his eyes drooping. He hadn't slept well last night. He was thinking about his brother last night. His eyes snapped open. Whenever he thinks of his brother he goes into his nervous mode. Chris's car stopped. He cursed and a got out of his car. When he got out he noticed the sky was purplish. "Looks like we're not in Kansas anymore." He said sarcastically. Chris pulled his backpack and taser cane out of his car. He hoped he wouldn't need it but it was only for emergencies. Chris grabbed his pain meds out of his jacket pocket. He popped a few in his mouth to try and calm his nerves. Chris started on down the road. It wasn't long before he saw something on the road. Chris limped closer. He soon saw a motorcycle but that wasn't all he saw. There was also a metal man who seemed to be guarding the motorcycle. Chris hid behind one of the trees and hoped the thing didn't notice him.
Back to top Go down
6th Doctor/Espen V.
Beginner
Beginner
6th Doctor/Espen V.

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 5:30 pm

Espen took a glance at the wound and grimaced.  He swung his backpack around and fished through it for a moment, retrieving a rudimentary first aid kit.  He wasn't good at treating wounds, so instead he opened it up and offered her several gauze pads and a roll of medical tape.  Allowing her to work in peace, but willing to help if he needed to, he stood up straight and began to pace the small cave.

"Ok, let's...gather what we know and see if we can pull some deductive reasoning out of our backsides."  He said.  "One, they grabbed you to get some kind of key.  For what we don't know, but it can't be good.  And if it really is these 'Cybermen', then it REALLY can't be good.  But!  When they did grab you, you didn't actually have the key on you.  Now, if I were going to guess, I'd say you were driving through Virginia, USA when you found yourself here?  Probably a wooded area?  I was in the same area when I found myself here, though I was underground.  And if they grabbed you around the same place they grabbed me, it probably means that they took you at an opportunity.  You were driving through their range and they nicked you, hoping you had the key on you.  That means that they weren't able to monitor you completely, else they'd have known you didn't have it.  It also means that their range is limited.  If they could have taken you from anywhere on the planet, they probably would have been able to tell when you did or didn't have the key, and they would have taken you when you had it..."

He was still pacing.  He was also hoping he was right.  If they were limited, it meant that there might be some gaps that they could exploit.  All they'd need to do is figure out where and how to strike back, and they might be able to pull out of this in one piece.  His pacing brought him to the opening of the cave, and he peeked out, looking around to make sure they were alone.  "This all sound good to you so far?"
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 12:06 pm

Emma looked at the gauze pads and medical tape, and suppressed a sigh. That was all that was available, so she'd have to make do with that. She used the t-shirt to mop up most of the blood that was still oozing out of the wound, and then pressed the gauze pads to the spot and put a piece of medical tape over them to hold it in place. She wrapped it around several times, trying to hold it in place the best she could. The blood was already beginning to soak through the pads by the time she finished taping it, and it wasn't really enough, but it was the best she could do with what she had to work with. She took the t-shirt and tied it around her knee to help with the wound the best she could, then she sighed a little and thought she'd better try and get to her motorcycle so she could get her own first aid kit.

She listened as 'Charles' talked about the situation.
"Yeah, that's where I live. I was on my way to the cabin when I ended up here." She said quietly. She bit her lip and listened while he continued to ramble about it, pacing the small space. She let her own thoughts wander. What could they want with this key? Why was it so important? She tried to remember what she'd done with that key. She thought back to when she'd found it.

She had been cleaning the attic. She'd just finished sweeping the floor up there, which was kind of difficult because of the sloped ceiling of the roof. She had taken a break to straighten up and stretch, and then she'd decided to get a drink. She remembered she had leaned the broom against the wall, but as she was heading toward the door, the broom fell over and knocked off a jewelry box off a table. She went to see what it was, and when she picked up the box she had found an unusual key. She remembered looking it over, and thinking how strange it was. It was like nothing she had ever seen before.

Then she couldn't remember what she'd done with it. Had she set it down? Had she put it back in the box? She frowned and tried to remember, but kept drawing a blank. She sighed softly and moved closer to the opening. She looked out and listened intently for a moment. She didn't hear any of the robot guys out there.
"We need to get to my bike.. I've got a first aid kit there with more stuff, and I need to get some better bandages." She said. "And get this wound cleaned, too.." She listened for another moment, then began to pull herself out of from the tree root cave. She held onto the roots for support and tried not to put weight on her left leg.

"Are you coming or staying here?" She asked 'Charles', glancing back toward him. She tested her weight on her leg and winced slightly. It hurt, but she could suffer through until she got back to her bike, she figured. She hoped it wasn't be too badly injured, but it was hard to tell with all the blood that she couldn't get wiped away fast enough before more blood covered the wound. Not sure if Charles was coming, she began to limp in the direction she remembered her bike being left. She wondered, when all this was over, if she would be able to get her bike back home. She hoped so, because she didn't want to have to leave her bike behind. She also hoped she would be able to remember the right way, as she continued limping toward the place she was pretty sure she had left it.

Before long she saw her bike lying on it's side in the path, just as she had left it. The only problem was, there was one of those robot cyber guys standing right there with it! She widened her eyes and quickly ducked behind a tree, tense and alert. She looked around carefully to see if there were any others, and hoped that the one hadn't seen her. She hesitated and tried to think of a plan. What could she do now?

Last edited by Emma/Ellie on Tue May 20, 2014 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing some stuff)
Back to top Go down
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley
Student
Student
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 3:31 pm

Chris was still hiding behind one of the trees when he heard some shuffling of leaves and the cracking of sticks in the distance. He didn't see anyone though. After about a second of consideration Chris decided to take a risk and look around the tree by the robot thing. Of course the thing noticed him. It started to yell "Delete" or something along those lines. Chris sighed and put his emotionless face on. He was more annoyed then scared. Well, at least he's getting out of a bit of work. Chris stepped away from the tree and calmly limped up to the robot. "Hey, you robot thing! Don't mess with me you'll just regret it." Chris said. The robot started to say "Delete" again but Chris interrupted. "Delete is that all you say? Come on! If I had a robot it would say more then just one word." Chris exclaimed and paced around the robot. "Although you do look pretty cool..." Chris said and poked the robot with his cane. The robot seemed to not be reacting to Chris so Chris poked it again and it fell over. "Ah, its just a fake one." Chris said to his self. His cell phone rang. Chris was annoyed but still picked it up. "Hello?"

"Where are you Dr. Taylor? You're later then usual." said the voice on the other side.

Chris pinched his nose. "Maybe it you had more Doctor's you wouldn't have this problem?" Chris said. He really didn't want to deal with this right now. "I'm almost there. I had to take a detour." Chris lied and hung up.
Back to top Go down
6th Doctor/Espen V.
Beginner
Beginner
6th Doctor/Espen V.

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 4:06 am

Espen followed cautiously after his current cohort in contextually covert conspiration, calmly quieting his complaining cochleae as his consciousness came to cloister, collectively concerning the computer conjurer.

...Er, he followed Emma, tried to stop his ears from ringing, and he was worried about how much his head was swimming.

He hid himself behind the next tree over from Emma, peeking around the edge at the motorcycle and the cyberman guarding it. He swore under his breath and retrieved the chip from his pocket. He had no idea if the high sonic frequencies the thing could emit would do anything to the metalmen, but he certainly hoped it could do more than his own pathetically nerdy fists could do. Besides, if he set it high enough, and loud enough, then maybe...

And then some guy was there. And the the cyberman approached the guy. And then the guy pushed it over with a cane. Espen blinked and stood up more fully. Two thoughts rushed through his head. One, that clearly wasn't a cyberman. That was good. That meant they didn't have to fight it, and they could get to the bike. While it wouldn't be especially useful in their given situation, whatever was in those side bags surely would be. Two, it wasn't there just for kicks and giggles. There was a good chance that it had been placed there as a sentry, and that it had some way of alerting the others if anything approached it. That was not quite as good. In fact, that was pretty much downright bad. It put them on a time limit they couldn't exactly afford to mess around with, especially since they didn't know how long it would be until backup arrived, if it would arrive at all. Either way, Espen didn't feel like hanging around long enough to find out.

"I don't know what's going on, but I'm not ready to risk my life on the fact that there aren't more coming. If you can get to the bike and get whatever it is you need, I'll try and set up a bit of a trap. And I should probably check on the old guy to see just what the HELL he thinks he's doing." Espen hadn't really paid the old man much mind. He'd had other stuff to worry about. In fact, he still did. But currently the 'other stuff' was about to bring him in proximity to this crazy, doddering old fool with a cane anyway, so the two streams kind of crossed. He didn't waste any more time on talk, but rather spun around the tree and ran at the downed suit of armor at top speed, skidding a little bit on his knees when he stopped by it.

"And what do you think you're doing?" He asked, not so much as even looking at the older gentleman as he inspected the robotic...whatever this was. He rapped hard on several spots on the armor, listening for the most resonant sounds. Any info was better than no info. Finding a somewhat hollow spot in the chest cavity, Espen started searching around for any small openings. He pulled out one of the little disk things and looked at it closely, checking the number and frowning at the prospect of what he was about to do. It was for the greater good, he told himself. Finding a sufficiently sized slot, he pushed the penny-sized chip into the cyberman shell and heard the satisfying "clunk" of the chip falling into the chassis. Sighing and mourning the loss of one of his own inventions, he stood up. "We gotta get away from here. Odds are there are more coming, and if you try to poke the real ones with a cane they'll probably rip your arm off." Without so much as waiting for a response, or in fact giving much indication that he cared to hear one, he turned and moved quickly, though not quite as quickly as he'd approached, back towards the tree line.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 3:53 pm

Emma cautiously peeked around the tree, then watched in amazement as the old guy with the cane walked up to the robot thing and then pushed it over with his cane. Seriously, that was either really brave, or really stupid, but she didn't really take the time to think too much about it right now. She wanted to get her first aid stuff as fast as possible and get away from here.

She wondered how feasible it would be to grab her bike. They could go a lot faster on it than on foot, especially with her limping like this. But then she realized that there was now a third person. She wouldn't leave one person behind, and she could only take two on the bike. Maybe three, very small, people, but that was kind of a lot. She really didn't think she could fit herself and 'Charles' and the old guy with the cane on the bike, so she decided to disregard that idea.

She turned her attention to to 'Charles', who had hidden behind the tree neighboring hers. He had a plan of sorts, and she nodded slightly in reply. Emma watched him go to the fallen robot and speak to the cane guy, then she limped out from behind the tree and to her motorcycle. She glanced around, then toward the fallen robot and the other two people, checking to make sure they were all relatively safe here, at least for the moment. After ensuring that it was safe enough and that they shouldn't have to suddenly take off running to avoid being killed, she got to work.  After she had pushed the bike up a little - with some difficulty due to her injured leg - she opened the compartment under the seat and pulled out her first aid box.

"Got it." She told Charles. She pushed herself up onto her feet, using her left arm while favoring the right one slightly.  She hoped no one noticed. Her shoulder still hurt slightly, but it wasn't as bad as it had been earlier when she first wrecked. She put most of her weight on her right leg and tried not to put much on the left, because it still hurt a lot despite the makeshift bandage she'd put on it.

She held onto the handle of the first aid box and glanced around, unsure which direction they ought to go.
"Let's get out of here.. any ideas on the best direction to go?" She asked, leaving it open to either one of them to answer. She decided this place wasn't safe enough to linger for long, so she'd go as far as she could and then tend to her still-bleeding knee. Maybe they could stop beside that river she'd seen earlier..
Back to top Go down
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley
Student
Student
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 8:48 pm

Instead of answering the young man Chris just glared at him but only for a moment. Chris watched a woman walk over to the bike and grab a first aid kit from the bike. "Hold up." Chris said and pointed at the woman. "Your bound to faint from blood loss soon and unless Skinny Boy over here wants to carry her around I need to examine you." Chris said and limped over to the woman. "Don't worry I'm Dr. Chris Taylor I don't work at a specific hospital currently but I do consults around the world." Chris said. He hoped that the woman wouldn't think he was a bad Doctor because of his limp. That tended to happen a lot. At least before he saves a persons life. Chris sighed. Where ever he goes someone is always hurt or need his help but then they never trust him. Why would anyone trust an injured Doctor anyway? Chris sneaked a pain med in his mouth and hoped no one noticed. It also doesn't help if patents realize you are addicted to pain meds. Chris glanced back over to the two young adults. "Pretty Boy might be right about about getting away from this location though." Chris said reluctantly. He wouldn't want to deal with more injured idiots.
Back to top Go down
Ashara
Student
Student
Ashara

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 1:05 pm

The Flesh Doctor sat in a cafe in London where he sipped on a long cold cup of tea half listening to the BBC News that was on television. "And now some odd news coming from the American Capital," the newsman said as the Flesh Doctor listened more closely at the saying of Odd News. "Reports of Power Fluctuations have flooded into the local power company, Congress took the rest of the day off citing the blinking lights hampering the debates on the floor."

The Flesh Doctor sat up and thought Hm...I think that bares some investigating before he pays for the tea and leaves for the airport. He arrived at the airport. "Ugh...I would give anything for a TARDIS right now.." he muttered under his breath before boarding the cramped plane heading for Washington D.C. As he exited the plane it was early evening, The Flesh Doctor walked toward the heart of the City as he scanned street lights with his Sonic Screwdriver. The Next time he looked up he noticed that he was no longer walking down a street and the sky was changed, he scanned his surrounding before noticing three other people standing together. He walked over to them and put his Sonic Screwdriver back in his suit coat "Well hello there, it seems I took a wrong turn, anybody know where we are?" he says before looking down to see a Cyberman laying on the ground Cybermen.. he thought looking back up at the others.
Back to top Go down
6th Doctor/Espen V.
Beginner
Beginner
6th Doctor/Espen V.

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 11:55 pm

Espen flexed the muscles on his right hand a few times as he walked away, partly to relieve the stress of the situation going on around him.  His eyes flicked across the area, and just as they fell on something that gave him an idea, someone else spoke.  Someone new.  He nearly jumped out of his skin as he spun around, swallowing his heart (Which had leapt with Olympian speed into his throat) and attempting to relax his now over-tense leg muscles.  When he saw the human-esque figure, he let out a small sigh of relief.  Then, he turned around and headed straight for the thing which had prompted his almost-action a moment ago.  A fairly sizable rock jutted out of the path.  He picked it up and weighed it in his hand, looking around.  "Not really a good time to explain.  Let's just say we're not in Kansas anymore.  Or Virginia, for that matter.  Short version:  Things that look like that, bad."  He motioned to the metal shell on the ground.  "Things that look like us, good.  Probably.  Probably good.  Only thing we've got to grasp on to at the moment."

"What's more, bad things are probably coming this way, and we've not really got their travel schedule down so we're getting out of here as quick as we can.  In short, Stuff's gone crazy and you're officially in the center of it now.  There'll be more time for pleasantries and introductions later.  For now, you guys pick a direction and run, and I'll follow after you once you've got a bit of a head start."  While he wasn't in the best of shape, he wasn't too worried about not being able to catch up to two people with injured legs moving through uneven ground.  "Just try to keep going in a straight line until I catch up.  I won't be long."  He hoisted the rock once or twice and headed back to the shell, hopefully making the intention clear that he was going to bash the robot, make a dent and hopefully some noise, and then follow after them.  If he was going to sacrifice one of his little circles of pride, he was damn well going to do everything in his power to make sure it at least gave one of these 'cybermen' things a headache to remember.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 12:23 am

Emma looked at the cane guy and listened as he spoke, but she didn't agree.
"I'll be fine." She argued. "The important thing right now is to get away from here as fast as possible, before those robot guys show up here." She said seriously. "If they catch us, we're in danger, and two of us can't exactly run that well."

She knew she needed to have her injury tended to, but she also knew she'd be fine for a little bit longer. She'd dealt with plenty of injuries before, and she'd had some that she nearly died from. This was not the kind of injury that needed emergency medical assistance, and despite what he thought, she knew she wasn't about to pass out from blood loss because she'd experienced that feeling plenty of times before. She knew she'd be able to manage for long enough to get somewhere relatively safe, then she'd see what she could do about it. She supposed it was probably a good thing that there was a doctor there, but she honestly couldn't have much confidence in a doctor who was popping pain pills. He didn't look like he needed them, but then she didn't know that for sure.

Suddenly there was a new voice, and she turned to see a stranger in a suit and bow tie.
"No, but we need to get away from here." She said, before stopping to let 'Charles' speak. She nodded in agreement with what he said, then looked at her bike lying wrecked on the ground, reluctant to have to leave it. She felt sad that it had been wrecked, but she promised herself she'd come back for it later, when all this was over. She was pretty sure it wasn't too badly damaged, so she hoped it would be alright once she got it out of this place.

She looked over at Charles when she heard his plan.
"Don't let them catch you, ok? Those things are dangerous.. and they've got some sort of laser gun thing they can shoot with." She said, remembering that they'd shot at her. She took a brief glance down at her knee and saw that the blood was starting to soak through the shirt that she had tied around it. She bit her lip lightly and hoped it wasn't bleeding too much, but hopefully the shirt would help stop the bleeding somewhat. The young woman gritted her teeth and began limping determinedly in a randomly chosen direction. Her knee hurt a lot, but she ignored the pain the best she could. She'd suffered through much worse, and she knew she could get through this pain as well.

She glanced back to check if Dr. Taylor was going to come, and the new guy. She would rather not be alone, but it wasn't like she could force them to come with her. She kept glancing around and listening to check for the cyber robot guys, really hoping they wouldn't find her and her new friends, if they could be called friends. She didn't really know them that much, and she didn't even know the one guy's name.
Back to top Go down
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley
Student
Student
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 12:00 pm

Chris silently snarled. Of course she didn't trust him. No one did. Chris looked over at the new person and shook his head. Was he really wearing a bow tie? Chris decided he would question the man's choice of clothing later. Right now they needed to get away from here and fast. Unfortunately Chris and the woman couldn't move very fast. Chris thought it was extremely stupid of the young man to try and distract the robots. Maybe he was trying to impress the woman. Chris smirked at the thought. He figured he might as well follow the injured woman just in case if anything happened. "You never told me your name." Chris said as he was following the woman.
Back to top Go down
Ashara
Student
Student
Ashara

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 4:58 pm

The Flesh Doctor walked over to the man who banging on the cyberman before he kneeled down next to him. Looking at now very dented cyberman he wondered what the man had planned.

"Hey...what are you planning on doing with that thing?" he said staring at the man. He weighed the options of telling the man that he knew what these things were and having the man trust him or waiting and having the others distrust him for the rest of the time they were together. He finally decided on letting some of slip now and the rest when they were all together.

"Hey come on..they are damaged if we leave now we can get away," he told the man as he slightly tugged on his clothing as he started moving to follow the other two.
Back to top Go down
6th Doctor/Espen V.
Beginner
Beginner
6th Doctor/Espen V.

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 5:36 pm

Espen tossed the rock aside and wiped his forehead with the back of his hand. Looking down at his handiwork, he smiled a little. There was no way it would be overlooked. He stood and rolled his shoulder a few times before responding to and following the odd man in the odd getup. "We know there are more of them," He stated matter of factly. "And I'm counting on them being damaged. I want to get at least one of them to take a close look at our friend over there, and doing some body damage should get them a bit more curious." He hesitated and looked around for a moment. He didn't quite want to tip his hand, but he also kind of wanted someone else to know what he was doing. Having a second person in the know would make it easier later on.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out another one of the little, circular chips. Jogging to catch up with this new stranger, he held it up in front of him in the palm of his hand. "It's a little wireless speaker. I can control it from my phone. It might not look like it, but it gets really loud and really high pitched. Loud and high pitched to hopefully do some damage to these things. I think they're called Cybermen. That one back there is a shell, though. Hollow inside except, I guess, for some voice and movement stuff. I left one of these in 'im." He held the thing out for as long as the man wanted him to, then stuffed it back in his pocket, trading for his phone and bringing up the app again.

"So I never got your name. Mine's Charles. How'd you end up in this little mess?" he questioned as he started adjusting settings. First he set it to a fairly loud middle C, set a duration of 5 seconds, and hit 'Go'. From behind them, the note sounded clear for exactly that 5 seconds before stopping. "That ought to get their attention, if all the banging didn't..." he commented, now holding the pitch and wavelength buttons for the screecher he'd left behind for a particularly long time. He set the timer on it for 5 minutes and just kind of hoped, that would be enough time to let them get close. He was pretty sure they'd know he'd been there from the ungodly noise he'd made, and they should at the very least be on their way.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 6:13 pm

Emma kept limping, forcing herself to keep going despite the pain. Once they were a fairly good distance away, she finally allowed herself to pause to rest and catch her breath. She glanced back the way they had come, and hoped that Charles and the other guy would soon catch up. She leaned against a nearby tree and kept her weight off of her left leg.

Glancing at Dr Taylor, she gave him a slightly apologetic smile.
"Sorry, I didn't give you my name, did I? I'm Emma. I just want to wait for a moment, give them a chance to catch up to us." She said, leaning her head back against the side of the tree. She figured the doctor needed a rest as much as she did, it couldn't be easy limping around with a cane in this kind of terrain. She actually almost wished for something to use as a crutch as well, but she told herself she didn't need it.

After a couple of minutes, when she had recovered her breath and braced herself to keep going, Emma pushed herself away from the tree and continued on her way.
"Can't let them catch us.." She explained, in case the doctor had any question why she was in such a hurry. She limped onward for a while before finally coming to that river she'd seen before. She stopped and glanced around a little, then slowly eased herself down onto a tree root that was about the height of a chair. She stretched her wounded leg out in front of her and frowned at it. "Well, at least there's water to clean it with." She said quietly.

She looked up at the sky and noticed it was getting darker. That was a bit worrying. She didn't know how well those robot things could see in the dark, and she didn't know how cold it might get on this planet at night. She didn't have a jacket or anything, and she had to admit that doctor guy was right about one thing, she'd lost a lot of blood already. She bit her lip and set her first aid kit down, figuring this would probably be a good place to bandage it while they waited on the other two to catch up to them.
"Do you have a flashlight? Cause we might need it here in a little bit." She said to Dr Taylor. "It looks like it's getting dark." She added with a frown.

She opened her first aid kit and took out some small scissors. First she'd need to cut the medical tape away, then cut the fabric of the jeans from around the wound so she or the doctor could tend to it. She thought maybe it would be better to get him to do it, if he would. Unless he looked like he didn't know what he was doing, then she'd stop him and take over. She decided that would be best.
"Ok, you're a doctor right? So could you doctor my knee, please?" She asked him, attempting a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Ashara
Student
Student
Ashara

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 6:44 pm

The Flesh Doctor listened to the man who explained the overall situation which The Flesh Doctor had already surmised. The man also explained that his plan was to basically make a very loud screeching noise in hopes of damaging the Cybermen. The Flesh Doctor wondered slightly if that noise would disrupt his flesh and make him melt, he decided it was worth the risk. The man had guessed the name of the Cyberman, which was almost obvious.

The man pulled out a little device and showed it to the Flesh Doctor, in turn he pulled out his Sonic Screwdriver scanning it, which showed him that there was no risk to have his Flesh Melt into a puddle which was a plus. The man put the small device away and played with his cell phone slightly before he asked what the Flesh Doctor's name was and how he got into this mess.

"You can just call me The Doctor, and I was just walking down the street and then all of sudden I was here, and you are correct they are Cybermen, and your sound device might damage their electronic parts but not the organic parts," he said as he explained slightly about the cybermen "And before you ask...I have dealt with them before."
Back to top Go down
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley
Student
Student
Alex Becker/Finn O'Riley

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 8:03 pm

Chris could tell Emma was in a lot of pain. Of course Chris was too because of his crappy leg but he had pain meds she didn't. When they stopped at a Lake Chris popped another pain med in his mouth. Emma asked if he could doctor her leg. Chris grunted and sat down to examine it. "You've lost a lot more blood then most people could handle before fainting." Chris said and grabbed some gauze. "Have you been abused before or have you been cutting?" Chris asked even though he knew that might be a sensitive topic. It's not like Chris really cared about other peoples feelings before anyway. He still hasn't found a person that he does care about. Well, expect for his parents but he doesn't like thinking about the accident. Chris pushed that thought to the back off his mind. He didn't need to think about that right now. Chris dipped the corner of one of the pieces of gauze in the lake. He really hoped it wasn't salt water. To his surprise it turned the gauze into gold. Startled Chris dropped the golden gauze on the grass. "Well, it's not salt water." Chris said and looked at Emma. "As for a source of light..." Chris started to say but pulled out his iPhone and turned on the flashlight app. It wasn't the best flashlight in the world but it would have to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Key to the Gates of the Earth   The Key to the Gates of the Earth I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Key to the Gates of the Earth
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next