Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
The Doctor Time Line I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
The Doctor Time Line I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
The Doctor Time Line I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
The Doctor Time Line I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
The Doctor Time Line I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
The Doctor Time Line I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
The Doctor Time Line I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
The Doctor Time Line I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
The Doctor Time Line I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
The Doctor Time Line I_vote_lcapThe Doctor Time Line I_voting_barThe Doctor Time Line I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
The Doctor Time Line I_vote_lcapThe Doctor Time Line I_voting_barThe Doctor Time Line I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

The Doctor Time Line

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

The Doctor Time Line Empty
PostSubject: The Doctor Time Line   The Doctor Time Line I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 5:44 pm

Birth of the Doctor                     Final Regeneration     Death of the Doctor
                                                          \
|--------------------------------------....------|-------------------|

Separation Event                                                                                     Death of the Final Doctor
[-----------------------------------------------------------------------......--------------------]

Consider these as two SEPARATE timelines.  It is very important to remember this:  Each Doctor will ONLY be able to access to memories from the FIRST (Red) TIMELINE, things that happened to the Doctors BEFORE their regenerations.  Furthermore, they will NEVER have or obtain memories from the Doctor’s final regeneration, as that Doctor WILL NOT REGENERATE.
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Time Line   The Doctor Time Line I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 4:09 am

You used straight lines? Lol
Back to top Go down
Ninth Doctor
Newb
Newb
Ninth Doctor

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Time Line   The Doctor Time Line I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 5:47 pm

Wait, sorry, kinda confused here... More detail, please? Sorry if I sound like a big ol' noob.
Back to top Go down
6th Doctor/Espen V.
Beginner
Beginner
6th Doctor/Espen V.

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Time Line   The Doctor Time Line I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 6:28 pm

Let's take the first Doctor for an example. The first Doctor goes through his lifetime, then regenerates. Upon regenerating, he finds himself still alive, as he was, and with all of the memories from all of the other Doctors. However, after that moment, where he knows everything the other Doctors know, he no longer has a connection to the rest. So in other words, if the First Doctor after the Separation event writes a letter on a piece of paper, the other Doctors, no matter where they are in their timeline, will not remember it.

A couple of times I'd seen in threads that a future version of The Doctor claimed that they were remembering things that a post-separation Doctor was doing at that moment: That CAN NOT happen. After the separation, each incarnation of the Doctor is their own person and they no longer add their memories to that red timeline. The red timeline is effectively the canonical stories: Everything that happens to a Doctor between their regenerations. THAT is the knowledge that all post-separation Doctors (I.E. the characters we build on this site) have at the moment of that separation. Nothing more, and nothing less. And that INCLUDES earlier versions of the Doctor: So the First Doctor will hold memories of the Tenth Doctor's adventures, and so on.
Back to top Go down
Ninth Doctor
Newb
Newb
Ninth Doctor

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Time Line   The Doctor Time Line I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 5:13 pm

So... Basically, they only have the memories of their own Doctor? Like, Eleven doesn't remember Rose?
Back to top Go down
Doctor Meta Z
Doctor Meta Z

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Time Line   The Doctor Time Line I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 5:47 pm

>.> No. Eleven has all the memories of the past doctors up to the point when each of them regenerated. When 10 regenerated, he split off from the timeline. Think of it as when the Metacrisis Doctor was created. They no longer have the same timeline, and thus they will no longer have the same memories or same adventures. BUT they have the same memories right before the point when the Meta was created!

10, you need to make your timelines more like this.

First Doctor   2nd Doc Regen    Etc etc    Final Regen     Death
|-----------------|-------------------------|--------------|-----------|
........................\...............................\
.........................\................................\     Death of etc
..........................\                                --------|
............................\        Death of 1st
                             ------------|

Cause it's different from 10's, everyone remembers the not colored part, nobody remembers the colored bits but themselves, and definitely nobody else remembers the red bit (but the last guy).
Back to top Go down
6th Doctor/Espen V.
Beginner
Beginner
6th Doctor/Espen V.

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Time Line   The Doctor Time Line I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 11:28 pm

That's a bit closer, but still not quite what happens, only because all of the timelines of the different incarnations of the Doctor start at the same point. They're all gathered there, where the Junkyard....er...Valeyard explains the situation to them.

The only place where this falters a bit is anyone past the 11th Doctor. The event description mentions the 11th Doctor running to find all of his previous incarnations there, but it makes no mention of the future incarnations. But for all intents and purposes, all of the Doctors share the same memories (again, weighted as they are) from that single point of separation, and then they go on to make their own memories that are NOT connected unless a specific connection is made amongst themselves.

It's confusing, but it basically just avoids having our 10th Doctor do something, and then later have our 13th Doctor somehow remembering what the 10th Doctor did, or even remembering it as it happens. The characters on this site, unless otherwise stated, are completely independent of the chain of regenerations for anything they do on the site.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Meta Z
Doctor Meta Z

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Time Line   The Doctor Time Line I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 6:59 pm

Careful Espen, or I am going to find an excuse to make a circular diagram that somehow meets in the center as the divergence event, and splits off into 12+ different timelines. >.>

But yeah, my line works more from a linear timeline perspective, while the actual event is more...wibbly wobbly timey wimey...
Back to top Go down
Doctor Meta Z
Doctor Meta Z

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Time Line   The Doctor Time Line I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 9:52 am

Ok, I suddenly just thought...if the Doctor regenerated, and the new regeneration took on the Tardis, and the old ones split up and went off elsewhere...how come each of them have a Tardis?
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Time Line   The Doctor Time Line I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 10:57 am

They don't split lke ameobas lol. They just come from their own timelines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Time Line   The Doctor Time Line I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Doctor Time Line
Page 1 of 1