Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Lady Ryarya Black  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Lady Ryarya Black  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Lady Ryarya Black  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Lady Ryarya Black  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Lady Ryarya Black  I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Lady Ryarya Black  I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Lady Ryarya Black  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Lady Ryarya Black  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Lady Ryarya Black  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Lady Ryarya Black  I_vote_lcapLady Ryarya Black  I_voting_barLady Ryarya Black  I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Lady Ryarya Black  I_vote_lcapLady Ryarya Black  I_voting_barLady Ryarya Black  I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Lady Ryarya Black

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.
Beginner
Beginner
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.

Lady Ryarya Black  Empty
PostSubject: Lady Ryarya Black    Lady Ryarya Black  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 6:48 am

This character didn't originally begin as a Doctor Who OC, so I just sort of incorporated it in. I can make some changes if necessary.

Lady Ryarya Black

Species: Human

::Appearance::
Hair: Rich brunette

Eyes: Emerald Green

Height: 5'9"

Figure: Slender with broad shoulders and long fingers. The stereotypical build of a gymnast.

Other: One tattoo on her neck of a crescent shaped moon with a wavy diamond on the inside. The tips of the diamond extend outward past the edges of the moon in the shape of arrows. She also has one rune-shaped scar carved into the inside of her right wrist though she doesn't remember how it got there.

Clothing: She usually wears black or blue denim jeans with a Victorian style top or a regular camisole under a floor length black trench coat with a pair of sneakers. Her other known style is a black thigh-length skirt over black leggings with a long sleeved corset style top underneath a sleeveless ankle-length black coat and a pair of black combat boots.

::Info::
Family: Parents are deceased.

Personality: Ryarya is very quiet, reserved, and suspicious by nature. It takes a long time for someone to completely gain her trust, and it's easily lost. She is very determined and independent, often refusing help even if she knows that she needs it. She has a wicked temper that is kept on a short leash, but you do not want to be on the receiving end of it. She is extremely open and tolerant, but will remain suspicious of everything until it is confirmed that she can trust whoever or whatever is going on.

Once you get to know her, she shows her more natural side. She has a very sassy and sarcastic personality. She's humorous and not afraid to speak her mind. She can be pretty blunt and just a little bit abrasive at times too.

Strengths: Her abilities, Loyalty, Trustworthy

Weakness: Fear, Anger, Crowds

Dislikes: Lies, Tricks

Dream: Ryarya's only goal is to find out where she belongs because she is fairly certain that she doesn't belong on Earth, despite being human.

History: Ryarya was born to the noble human family, Black, in the 51st century. She was a sweet, innocent little girl who was born to a family of time agents. Her father was the  main time agent, but he often took his wife and daughter with him whenever he went to a new time period. She was well taken care of and loved by all who came across her and her family. There was only one difference between her and her family. During a routine medical examine when she was barely a few months old, doctors found that Ryarya was able to access the entire power of her brain, whereas most only use about the usual ten percent. They couldn't explain it, but for the time being, they believed it was nothing to worry about.

As she grew older, her parents realized that their daughter was even more extraordinary. She could manipulate her own appearance as well as anyone else's, she could levitate objects with her mind, she could read minds. She could even slow down time in short spurts, usually ranging from one to five minutes. The list went on and on. She could do practically anything. All her potential, however, came at a fatal cost. When she was just five years old, she was plagued by an illness of unexplained high fevers, limited mobility, chills, and coughing up blood. It kept her bedridden for two months. She began having horrible nightmares that caused her powers to spiral out of her control, usually in the form of fire that was created by her willing the molecules in any surrounding objects to increase their vibration.

She was able to return to a normal, healthy state, but the illnesses just kept coming. The doctors couldn't explain the strange phenomenon, often keeping her overnight for observation. She became accustomed to hospital beds, lights being shone in her eyes, and all the routine examinations that she had to go through frequently. She wasn't able to attend school normally, so her parents kept her home schooled. Her once bubbly and outgoing personality turned to one of quiet suspicion. The doctors had warned her parents that their daughter was a danger, that anyone could use her to commit any sort of dangerous crime such as homicide. Ryarya began to shy away from everyone, wishing only to stay within her family circle. She didn't let anyone in and kept her guard up at all times.

*Note: Ryarya is incapable of skin-to-skin physical contact. The result is automatic for both parties, causing them to be in a massive amount of agony. The results of this action are as follows: unconsciousness after about a minute of constant stabbing pain stronger than anything ever felt, more than anyone should have to go through, a visible electrical pulse in the chest that can be seen traveling down from the mind of both affected parties, increased body temperature and fevers (sometimes resulting in outward burns no more severe than second degree), shakiness, momentary neural collapse of the brain. Recovery times vary. Ryarya is always in danger of dying this way since she takes the brute force of the contact.

Her intelligence and learning capacity were incredible. She was able to recite any text after reading it only once, she could hack into any security system they could find in under ten seconds. They started calling her a genius. She hated it; she never felt like she was one. Her health was still the number one problem.

When she was twelve, her father was driving her to the hospital for a routine check-up when their car hit a patch of ice on the road and fell over a cliff. Her father died instantly, but Ryarya had just barely managed to survive. The doctors said she had a quick ability to heal that began working immediately once even a simple scratch appeared on her skin.

Her mother decided then that they should leave their time and find some other place to settle down at, at least until they were done grieving. She wasn't as versed in using the vortex manipulator as her husband had been, so she hit the wrong button. Ryarya noticed it immediately, but her surprise caused a spark of power to escape into the device, causing it to malfunction. Her mother and her fell through time separately and in uneven intervals. Ryarya was sent throughout history, never spending more than a few days in one place. She wasn't sure what had happened or how, but the power of the vortex manipulator had been grafted onto her and kept her jumping through time.

For five years, she jumped all throughout time and history. She witnessed wars that people had only ever heard about, some of which she even fought in, like World War II. Oddly enough, the power of the vortex manipulator seemed to help with her illnesses. She was healthy more times than not, and she stayed that way for longer periods of time. She was able to learn from all her experiences, eventually earning the title of "Master Thief." Being on her own, she didn't have any money or resources of her own other than her powers, but she refused to use them for fear they would make her sick again. So, she learned the art of thievery, and it quickly became a lifestyle. She also spent her new found freedom practicing small usages of her abilities. She found that she could also control the elements and practically any object. Through a mental scanner that she had designed herself, she realized that her powers were a misconception of controlling various things. She was actually just controlling matter itself, all the molecules in everything around her simply by linking her mind to them and envisioning what she wanted to happen. The more mental energy she put into it, the stronger the result.

One her seventeenth birthday, she was transported to London on the same day that the Sycrorax invaded Earth. She watched all the live feeds from the television sets in various shops as she walked around the city. Strangely enough, she found that she was trapped. The energy from the vortex manipulator was no longer showing up on her scanners, so she was trapped in London. She found herself an abandoned home that was up for foreclosure, picked the lock, took down the sign, and settled in. She's been living there ever since. She converted it into a lab, where is she is constantly upgrading the technology of the time and building new devices. Her latest project has been developing another vortex manipulator so she can go and find her mother.

Now at 21, Ryarya has made a lifestyle of being a thief. She steals the technology that she needs for her tinkering while she uses her ever growing abilities to get by elsewhere. She found that she can use compulsion on other individuals, which is how she has her now rich status, a nice home that was mysteriously taken off the market, never has to pay bills, and always has food on the table. She still keeps a low profile, but has traveled across the world gathering alien technology that she adapts to fit her various projects. Most go into the development of her vortex manipulator though. She dreams of finding her mother one day soon.

She is also still plagued by illness, which she still has yet to find an answer for. Her emotions makes controlling her mind impossible, she keeps to herself and keeps her emotions concealed. It's not as bad as it used to be, but she still experiences moments of dizziness, slipping into unconsciousness, or high fevers based on how much power she used.

HOW DID YOU FIND US?: Google

RP Example: Casting her gaze out over the shadows, she assessed the situation as though it were merely a decision as simple as deciding what she should eat for supper. By the harsh glare flaring from her eyes, she wasn't in the mood to deal with the creatures she knew were lurking in the shadows. She knew she could expel some of the excess energy that had been building up for a few days now, but there wasn't a guarantee those creatures would consider that light the same as the light they swam around now. She also didn't want to take a chance on destroying the entire block if she lost control. It was too risky.

She could just barely make out the outline of the Doctor standing underneath a street lamp not too far from her on the opposite end of the street. He was a different man from all the others she'd met though he claimed to be an alien in lineage. She wasn't sure how much of that she believed, but he had seemed genuine in wanting to help her. No one had been willing to do that before. She just couldn't shake the feeling that perhaps he was being honest with her.

Regardless, she had to reach him. Taking the flashlight out of the pack she had slung over her right shoulder and clicking it on, she pointed at directly at the ground closest to her feet. Her heightened senses could detect the uneasiness of the creatures and they swam away from it. That was a good sign though she knew it would be short lived. She had to move quickly before they locked onto her shadow.

She took off at sprint towards the Doctor, keeping the flashlight high enough above the ground that she could easily place one foot in front of the other without crossing into the darkness. She knew they were chasing her, but she was already close enough. She reached the Doctor in under a minute, nearly colliding with him as she pulled to a sudden halt next to him in the dim light from the street lamp.

Last edited by Ryarya Black on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Lady Ryarya Black  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Ryarya Black    Lady Ryarya Black  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 10:50 pm

I would have preferred that you try and utilize some more things that were given to you in the RP example. But thanks to your grammar skills and overall presentation of the application. I am going to accept it Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.
Beginner
Beginner
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.

Lady Ryarya Black  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Ryarya Black    Lady Ryarya Black  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 10:52 pm

I was actually in the process of editing her for a bit, so if you'd like to me edit the example, I can. I've re-written it about five times now. I'm super indecisive, so it's not a problem.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Lady Ryarya Black  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Ryarya Black    Lady Ryarya Black  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 10:56 pm

No need. Demonstrate your RP skills on the grand level Razz
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Sponsored content

Lady Ryarya Black  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Ryarya Black    Lady Ryarya Black  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lady Ryarya Black
Page 1 of 1