Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_vote_lcapStorms Gathering - Page 2 I_voting_barStorms Gathering - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_vote_lcapStorms Gathering - Page 2 I_voting_barStorms Gathering - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Storms Gathering

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Doctor Meta Z
Doctor Meta Z

Storms Gathering - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storms Gathering   Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 7:41 pm

The astronauts cleared out of the room, making it much easier to find Ellie. She still stood there with her father, and she seemed so happy to see him. So rediculously happy, that it made Eric just the tiniest bit jealous. It was nice that Ellie got to be with her father after being separated from him. But where was his own father? He certainly wasn't coming to see him. In frustration and annoyance, he kicked at the foot of a display case, his sneaker harmlessly bouncing off the wood framework. He stuffed his hands in his pockets, and wandered over to where Ellie and her father stood, talking. He over heard the last of the conversation, and he stopped in his tracks. He knew Ellie lived in an orphanage, and places like those were bad. But if he took her out of there, where would Ellie live? Where did she used to live before she went to the orphanage? He bet it was far away, and she'd even have to go to a new school. He wanted to cry just thinking about it, but he didn't. He held his tears back like a brave little boy.

But he was still screaming inside. Why did she have to find her dad? Why did she have to go? It wasn't fair. Nobody ever stuck around for him! They were always passing him off to someone else to take care of him. Or they were going off on some mission, or they were too busy, or a number of other things he hadn't yet thought of. As the two walked off for the doorway, he stared sulkily after the two. They were so happy...and he didn't get anything in the end. Just a momentary bit of fun, then back to the rudimentary life of no one ever caring to be around him. Ellie wasn't like that, she would always play with him and wouldn't make fun of him. But she was leaving now too.

He skulked after Ellie and her father, growing more and more upset as he debated what he really wanted to do. He supposed he should run after her and say goodbye. But he didn't really want to. He just wanted to skulk off to some corner of a street and cry. Or kick things around and throw things at windows. He didn't usually throw things at windows, but it seemed like a pretty good idea right then. Maybe if he called Ellie, maybe she might listen to him and not go away with her father. But would she, or would she just ignore him like he was a stupid little boy, like the Doctor and everyone else seemed to?

"Ellie," he said timidly, almost afraid to speak. Then he ran towards them. Even though they were not that far off, it seemed an eternity to reach them and make Ellie turn her head. "Ellie!" he shouted, this time louder. "Don't go! Please come back!" The words echoed in his ears as the ground seemed to spin in a mirage of color, but he didn't seem to notice. He ran down the tunneling walkway, grabbing onto Ellie's hand desperately. She had to stay, she must stay. She must!
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

Location : In the Tardis! | Brooke: In the Tardis Library, of course.

PostSubject: Re: Storms Gathering   Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 9:23 pm

Ellie was about to stop her dad to tell him that they needed to bring Eric along with them, when Eric came running after them and called out to her. Ellie tugged on her dad's hand and they stopped, then turned to Eric as he ran up to them. She was confused why he said for her not to leae him. She wasnt going to leave him!

She didn't get a chance to say that, however, as suddenly everything went weird around them. She held tightly onto her daddy's hand, and when Eric grabbed her hand she held onto him too. Ellie was confused about what was going on. The colors had gone all wobbly and weird, and Ellie was a bit confused.

"What just happened?" She wondered, glancing around. Their surroundings looked basically the same, but something was different. Ellie looked around and tried to figure out why stuff looked different, like they had changed the buildings and stuff in the room while they had been gone..

Storms Gathering - Page 2 13984517950_7c47faa28b_m
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorcking.com
Doctor Meta Z
Doctor Meta Z

PostSubject: Re: Storms Gathering   Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 11:52 am

Ellie and her father may have noticed the weird tunnel, but Eric didn't. He saw it out of the corner of his eye, but that wasn't important to him. What was important was stopping Ellie from walking out on him. He clung tightly to her hand as things finally became the normal city landscape, and he was almost in tears as he began his tirade.

"Ellie! Please don't go! I know you just got your daddy and you gotta leave the orphanage, and orphanages are bad places. But if you leave then I won't have a friend anymore, please don't go!" Now he WAS crying. The tears were streaming down his face and his voice had cracked, and he looked down right pitiful. All thoughts of bravery had flown out the window as he instead tried to cling to what little he felt he had left. "Captain Jack doesn't come around much anymore cause he's always off on a mission, and if you leave, I won't have anyone to play with or talk to!"
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Storms Gathering   Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 9:47 pm

Altair frowned a little at the little boy's outburst, wanting to comfort him. But he looked at Ellie and decided that sine it was her friend, he should keep quiet and let Ellie talk to him.

Ellie wasn't sure why Eric was so panicky and upset until after he had spoken his piece. She hugged him and smiled reassuringly.
"Don't worry Eric, I'm not leaving you!" She told him. "We'll still see each other. Don't be so upset, please.." She looked at her dad before looking back to Eric. "I'll make sure we don't go live somewhere too far away, so we can still see each other, ok?" She promised.

"Ellie.." Her dad said quietly, but Ellie ignored him.
"You won't be alone, and I'll still be your friend."
"Elllie." Her dad said again, and Ellie frowned before turning to him.
"What?" She asked, thinking he might be about to tell her they had to go now, or something that she didn't want him to say. She wasn't expecting to find him staring around them with an odd look on his face. "Daddy? What's wrong?" She asked, curious.

He hesitated for a moment before turning back to the kids.
"I do belive that your doctor friend as taken us to the wrong decade." He said quietly with a frown. Ellie looked confused before looking around, and back to her dad.
"Why? What makes you think that?" She asked. He pointed out how people were dressed, the buildings and such, and then finally to a newspaper stand nearby.

Ellie glanced over and just saw newspapers, which were boring, and looked back at her dad. "What? It's just a bunch of newspapers." She said. He shook his head a little and picked one up. Ellie looked at it for a moment before realizing what he was showing her. That day's headline was dated September 11th, 1971.

Back to top Go down
Doctor Meta Z
Doctor Meta Z

PostSubject: Re: Storms Gathering   Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 6:10 pm

Eric held tight to Ellie as she hugged him, tears streaming down his face onto her clothes. He managed an "Okay" as she promised not to live too far away, but her father had ultimate control over that. Still, she had managed to stem the tears, and he stood there rubbing his eyes. Upon hearing her father continually call for Ellie, he was afraid they'd be leaving, and almost burst into tears again. Relief flooded him as he realized that it was something entirely different. What were they saying? He removed his hands from his face, his eyes looking very red. The Doctor had taken them to the wrong decade? "Huh?" He looked between Ellie and her father, awaiting some kind of clarification. What made them think that there was anything different? He looked around himself, noting that there seemed to be the same exact buildings, and ordinary people walking back and forth. Granted they were dressed a little differently than normal, but that didn't mean anything to him. "Why is it the wrong decade?"

He followed her father's finger and walked over to the newpaper stand. Picking one up, he peered at it and saw there was some new skyscraper being built, as well as a UFO sighting. What was so special about that? "I don't see anythi--"

"Hey!" The guy manning the newspaper stand hollered at Eric, making him jump in alarm. "You can't take that without paying for it!" He swiped at Eric, who ducked behind Ellie's father. While the stand manager turned his attentions on the two with him, Eric peered cautiously from behind her dad.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Storms Gathering   Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 6:57 pm

Ellie was still trying to figure out what to do. Her dad gently took the newspaper from Eric and showed him the date he had noticed, before giving the paper back to the newspaper man, with an apology. Altair, trying to think of what to do, led the children a little ways away until finding a bench where he sat down. Ellie sat next to him and nodded for Eric to sit with her.
"What do we do, Daddy?" She asked quietly.

He thought for a moment, glancing at Ellie and then at her friend Eric. He considered all that had happened lately, and what he had learned. They were now stranded in the year 1971. He didn't see any way or them to get back to the proper year, so the only solution would be to  get a place here in the 70s.

Ellie was thinking over the same problem, but with the addition of wondering how she could talk her dad into letting Eric live with them. She looked up at him quietly.
"Daddy.. where are we going to live?" She asked quietly. He hesitated for a moment before replying.
"I'll find somewhere, don't worry." He smiled reassuringly. She glanced slightly at Eric, then back at her dad, questioningly. She mouthed, 'what about Eric?' and watched him for a reply.

He looked over at the boy, then at Ellie's pleading, questioning face, and considered. From how they talked, Eric had no parents, and he was without a family. He considered it for a moment before reaching a decision.
"Eric, I understand you are without a home or family at the moment.." He said gently. He hesitated to let him reply before going on. "How would you like to have a new father and a sister?" He asked, giving Ellie a small smile before looking back at Eric.

Back to top Go down
Doctor Meta Z
Doctor Meta Z

PostSubject: Re: Storms Gathering   Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 7:45 pm

When Eric saw the date, he understood why they thought they were in the wrong decade. "Wow..." He knew newspapers should have the current date, and for this one to say 1971, it meant they had travelled backwards a lot. "Wow. That's forty-three years!" His voice carried an awe that replaced the pitiful crying of before. He strolled after the two, pondering their latest predicament, not with sadness but with a new found fascination. "I'm not even born yet! Gee, how old does that make me now?" He started counting in his head, but decided that a negative number of odd years would be a bit strange, and soon gave it up.

He sat down on the bench beside Ellie, and peered over at her father. He seemed to be in deep consternation, and Eric stared at him wondering what was wrong. When Ellie finally asked where they were going to live, he suddenly remembered his own place. Captain Jack wouldn't even be around in 1971, he thought, and probably wouldn't even know him yet. He couldn't go find the Torchwood building...not that he even knew where it was. Suddenly he realized he was just as lost as they, and he pulled his legs up against him. He had no place to return to anymore, and he hoped that Ellie's father wouldn't leave him behind. He stared towards the back of Ellie's head, and then up towards her father, his eyes locking with her father's. A little hope, but mostly a glum look resided within his own eyes. When he asked whether Eric had a family, he simply shook his head.

And then he asked.

"You...you mean it?" Eric's jaw nearly dropped. "You really want me to live with you? You won't get tired of me and leave me in some orphanage?"
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Storms Gathering   Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 7:56 pm

Altair smiled at the look of happiness on the boy's face. Ellie grinned a little in excitement before looking at Eric, her eyes shining with happiness. Altair was a bit surprised by Eric's question in return.
"No, of course I wouldn't." He said, wondering why he would think that might happen. "I really do mean it. I'm not sure if I can legally adopt you in this.. era.." He said, suddenly frowning. "I mean.. I'll have to come up with a new name, I suppose.." He frowned. "Would you like to become part of our family?" He asked Eric again.

"Why do you have to get a new name?" Ellie asked curiously. What was wrong with the name he already had, she wondered?
"Because.. there's already a younger Altair Storms wandering around somewhere." He explained. "I suppose my first name can stay.. I'm rather used to being called by it. But I think it might be best if we used a different last name. That way there won't be too much confusion about paperwork and all that."

Ellie nodded thoughtfully and considered this idea for a moment.
"But that means.. I'll have to have a different last name too." She said with a small frown. Altair nodded.
"Are you willing to do that, Ellie?" He asked. She looked up at her daddy, then nodded before looking at Eric.
"Are you?" She asked quietly.

Last edited by Clara/Emma on Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Doctor Meta Z
Doctor Meta Z

PostSubject: Re: Storms Gathering   Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 8:14 pm

Eric was practically grinning from ear to ear as they spoke, he could hardly speak he was so excited. Someone really wanted him. Not only that, but Ellie truly wanted him to live with her and be her brother. He squirmed on the bench, hardly knowing what to say next. Of course the answer was yes, but he was almost stuttering. He almost felt like he was dreaming; something he'd always wanted had finally come true. They talked about having to change their name, and whether having a new last name would bother him, but it didn't matter. He squealed in glee as he threw his arms about Ellie, squeezing her tight.

"Yes yes yes! I want to be your brother! I want to be part of your family! I want to...all that!" he exclaimed, not sure what else he was agreeing to, but didn't mind it. He had a huge smile that would take a considerable amount of effort to wipe off his face. He let go of Ellie and moved to hug her father, but stopped halfway through, wondering if it was right as he was practically a strange person. Then his happiness of being accepted by his friend's father won him over, and he hugged him almost as tightly as he had hugged Ellie. "Thank you!"
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Storms Gathering   Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 11:42 pm

Altair smiled and hugged Eric back tightly, then stepped back and smiled at him and Ellie, who also hugged Eric.
"I always did want a son.. I thought some day that Ellie would have a little brother, I just didn't know it would happen this way." He said with a small laugh. Ellie grinned a little in excitement.
"Now what?" She asked, smiling.

Altair had to stop and think for a moment about that. So much had happened in just this day. First he had been just going about his job, then some hostile aliens were about to kill them, and next Ellie, several years older than he last saw her, had appeared out of a blue box that was bigger on the inside, with a strange man known as the Doctor, and saved them all. Now they were all stranded in 1971. On top of this was the news that his wife had died, and now he was adopting a son. It was a lot to take in, in one day.

He took Ellie's hand in one of his, and Eric's in the other.
"Come on, let's explore around a bit." He said, realizing he needed to get a job, and someplace for them to live. He didn't want them to have to sleep out in the cold, on the street. He wasn't sure how he would manage to get a job and a place to live in just a few hours, but he hoped to accomplish one of those, at least. As he walked, he kept glancing around, on the watch for any job openings.

He also began to think about what the new name would be. He decided to ask the kids.
"What shall our new last name be?" He asked them, glancing down at them. After a long while of him listening to the kids make suggestions, occasionally giving his input as well, Ellie made a suggestion, after seeing some ravens sitting on a tree branch.
"What about ravenswood?" She asked, rather liking the way that sounded. Altair thought about that for a moment.
"Hm. It does have a nice ring to it.. what do you think about it Eric?" He asked thoughtfully.

Back to top Go down
Doctor Meta Z
Doctor Meta Z

PostSubject: Re: Storms Gathering   Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 12:18 am

Eric walked along with Altair, well, dad, and Ellie. He looked around as they walked, noting the streets and some of the buildings. He knew where they were! They were in London! But wait...he didn't recognize some of the signs at all, and remembered that they were in the wrong decade. Forty years too early. He looked up as his new dad said they needed a name, and he knew one right away! "Zimmer!" he cried, looking up at Altair expectantly. But no, he didn't like that, or at least, he wasn't satisfied.

He was quiet for a while as Ellie gave her own suggestions, then suggested Davidson as he passed by a sign that read "Davidson's Market". But nope, that wasn't good either, and he tried to think harder. Then it was "Zimmer" again, and he got looked at for suggesting the name again. A third time, and he almost tried to hide behind Altair's back. Time passed as they tried to think of ideas, and Eric thought they'd travelled a great deal. They even passed by a park, which had a bunch of trees and stuff. That's when Ellie made the new suggestion involving a tree. At first he thought it was dumb, but when his new father seemed to like it too, he went quiet. He had to think about this new name. Did he really like the name "Ravenswood?" He really liked Eric Zimmer...

"Ravenswood," he repeatedly, biting his lip in concentration. "Eric Ravenswood." Eric Zimmer Ravenswood. Yeah, he liked that name. "I like it," he finally said, looking up at the two. "But do you think it's a bit long? It might not fit on the paper when spelling it."
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Storms Gathering   Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 7:43 pm

Ellie smiled and looked at Eric, then up at her dad. She thought about the name for a bit. Ellie Ravenswood. She thought that could work. It had a nice ring to it.
"I like it." She said. Altair nodded thoughtfully.
"Altair Ravenswood. I think I could get used to it." She said. Altair smiled at the two, feeling a bit reluctant about this because he had always liked his name, but he knew it would be best to use a different name, to prevent problems for his younger self.

"Alright then." He quietly. "From now on, we are no longer Storms.. our name will now be Ravenswood." He declared. With that, he smiled at the children as they walked along the sidewalk of London in 1971, wondering where they were going to go from here.

The End

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Storms Gathering   Storms Gathering - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Storms Gathering
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2