Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear I_vote_lcapAu'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear I_voting_barAu'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear I_vote_lcapAu'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear I_voting_barAu'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Au'Nvratyis/ Unit 57-Z
Beginner
Beginner
Au'Nvratyis/ Unit 57-Z

Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear Empty
PostSubject: Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear   Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 10:39 am

Io'rka Ky'Zar: A Martial Art taught exclusively to the Ky, it translates directly to "Fallen Prince", and was the fighting style the second Ky in Kathractian history used to defeat the first, who tricked the "Fallen Prince" out of being Ky. Ever since the "Fallen Prince" developed this technique and used it to righteously kill his usurper on the field of battle, all the Ky's since have mastered this technique from an early age. It utilizes the four arms of the Kathractian to deadly effect, releasing flurries of quick blows, rib-shattering  simultaneous quad punches, and several highly complex grapples and holds.

The Monomolecular Blades: Although, they were a fairly advanced race, colonizing the deepest reaches of their own solar system (but not beyond), but most of their resources were dedicated to either the military, or the Ky family, the ruling family of Kath since the beginning. This blades are a remnant of that extravagance and advanced technology, each taking a century to make. Forged and shaped to perfection on Kath for 50 years, the blades are made of kathite, a mineral unique to the planet. The blades are then taken to a space station nestled between the binary stars in the center of the system, built specifically for the manufacture of special weapons. For another 50 years, the blade is exposed to the unbridled gravity and heat of two stars. The heat tempers the blade to nigh-indestructible hardness, and the gravity strips the blade of excess molecules until the edges are only a single molecule thick. Even Daleks fear its cut, as it can render any living ( or non-living) creature in the galaxy  into several pieces with a lightning quick flurry of blows. Au'Nvratyis carries two.
Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear DjinbladeDE

The ky'D Dr'Ik: Translating as "Ruler's Ark", The Ky'D Dr'Ik is a belt worn device that can transport the wearer to any point in space and time, just not at the same time. It is designed so only a Kathractian can use it, as a lot of the controls to activate it are activated by either pressing four buttons simultaneously, or speaking the activation phrase in Kathractian. It was designed by the fourth Ky, as an emergency escape device for the Ky if Kath were ever to fall or be destroyed.
Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear Y2Z-06-300x225

The Amulet of Kings: Passes down from Ky to Ky, The Amulet of Kings is a device that predates the Kathractian civilization, the amulet of kings is a necklace that grants the wearer immortality in a way that ensures the only thing that kills the wearer is honorable battle, and grants the wearer immunity to the effects of aging. It is one of the few priceless treasures, along with the Ky'D Dr'Ik, that Au'Nvratyis took with him when he escaped.
Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear 8348371328_02bae72549_z

Shard Pistol: A fully automatic pistol designed for civilian use, it fires shards of hardened light, designed to penetrate any surface u]p to three inches. Designed more for crowd control and stopping power than actual lethality.
Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear SplinterpistolDE5th
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear   Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 12:56 pm

Splinter Pistol: Approved

Amulet of Kings: Denied

Rulers Ark: Approved

Blades: Denied

Reasons behind denied weapons are due to the God Mod like qualities to those weapons. Immortality unless you call it "honorable" could be seen as God Modding. As well as your blades that are indestructible and can destroy anything and everything = God Modding.
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Au'Nvratyis/ Unit 57-Z
Beginner
Beginner
Au'Nvratyis/ Unit 57-Z

PostSubject: Re: Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear   Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 10:04 am

Well, the Kathractians were a warrior race. Honorable battle just means he can't die of old age.

Also, I'm willing to rewrite the blades so they're just really hard to break and sharp enough to cut through stuff like cybermen and daleks, but nothing thicker than the plating on those two. Would that make the blades acceptable?
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear   Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 10:20 am

The amulet is basically a make shift way to make up for not being a Time Lord. It just leaves it up to you to decide if it was an honorable death or not which is God Modding. So, no. I am not changing my mind on that.

And the blades are not Doctor Who-ish. You don't see anyone with the technology to create blades like that to destroy Dalek and Cyberman armor like it's nothing. The only way they destroyed them were high powered laser guns, and that just barely broke through. It was just made to get the brain of the Cyberman and the body of the Dalek behind it's casing.

I will tell Sonya to come look at it to get her opinion
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear   Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 2:27 pm

I'm sorry to say this Au, but I agree with Ten here on this one... I mean the idea is brilliant, very creative and something you don't see or hear every day. But it's just not what we look for on this sight. If maybe there were mentioning of races that had created such items, I might have let it slide, but in Doctor who, you never hear of anything like that. Daleks were built for war, they were built for battle and were tanks in consequence. Nearly impossible to penetrate their Armour, and the swords... They are a bit tough, they balance right on the edge of God-Modding like Ten said, because if you were to have it your way, they wouldn't break and then that would make for a very anti-climatic RP. Just you slicing away at everything that threatens you.

The amulet also is god-modding too in the way that you wouldn't have to die if you never put your character in a position that might cause an honorable death. It also takes away from the possible danger of your character being seriously injured or hurt in dangerous situations. So again, another anti-climatic RP with you just running through, unafraid not because you don't care, but because you know you can't die unless you think it is honorable.

I'm sorry, but I agree with Ten on all of this. I hope I've shed some light on to why we can't accept the weapons.

-Sonya-
~Administrative Staff~
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear   Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Sorry pal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear   Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Au'nVratyis' Kathractian Weaponry & Gear
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Character Creation :: Weapon Creation-
Jump to: