Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_vote_lcapWhat's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_voting_barWhat's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_vote_lcapWhat's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_voting_barWhat's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

What's Left is Dangerous

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Left is Dangerous    What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 7:52 pm

Robin winced as he mentioned time. Great... Out of all the people she had managed to not let it slip to, of course this one guy just happened to catch it. She should try harder to catch herself. As he slipped into his little.... state... she sighed, frowning down at her shoes and leaning back against the door they came through. What if she just broke him? What if that one impossible comment just made his mind snap? She smirked a bit at the thought, knowing it was both not funny and not going to happen. He was smart enough, he wouldn't take it that badly. Although this whole meditation... thing... it was kind of creepy. Well, not compared to space and aliens, but still creepy. "Good look working that out, mate..." She mumbled to herself, glancing up to see if he was still in that position. Of course he was.
Back to top Go down
North Wallace
Newb
Newb
North Wallace

PostSubject: Re: What's Left is Dangerous    What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 8:12 pm

It must have been minutes, twenty at the most, when North opened his eyes as glanced at Robin silently. "Time period. Time travel. Clearly you're not from... The past. Your clothing choices doesn't suggest that. But you say it like this one isn't yours, so future? Must be some future version of Earth in one way or another. You're quite accommodated with the ways of this one, just not the actions of the people. Probably sheltered most of your life." His eyes wandered over her body, before shaking his head. "No, not sheltered. Not the way most people would assume if the word was offered up to them. You were taken, I'm guessing. Due to your mannerisms when you saw Torchwood trying to drag me away." His confidence was growing by the second, though his own mind was yelling at him to shut up. He was moving in Robin's general direction by this time, but taking his own pace doing so.

"Taken, different time period. Dyed hair. You're clearly very young, so what reasoning would you have to dye your hair? The same one you had for using a different name. You weren't just let go, you ran away. Running away requires no attachments. You have no close family members, if you have any at all." His voice was going a mile a minute, he couldn't seem to stop. Yes, he was being ridiculously rude, but he himself couldn't tell. Asperger syndrome status: quite high, lacking emotion. "But it's not your real story, is it? Not entirely. Never is if you're still going around using a different name." North paused, a gentle smile lighting up his face. "Interesting." He turned his back to her, walking casually back to the lab station. "I need more detail about Jefferson Taylor." He muttered after a moment, his voice quiet and nearly fragile, which managed to alarm him.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: What's Left is Dangerous    What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Robin's eyes widened as he began taking her apart, piece by piece stating almost every fact he needed to know about her past. She pressed herself into the door behind her, narrowing her eyes at North in an attempt to mask the tears trying to escape. No. He didn't know anything, he wasn't going to get her in trouble, all he knew was what he needed to.... Right? He obviously wouldn't have bothered figuring it out if it wasn't important. Taking a deep breath as he turned around, she wiped her eyes quickly, almost wanting to scowl at the small amount of moisture. And all he needed to work that out was 'time period' and her simply being there. That was enough to convince her to not mention aliens. At all. The simple word 'flesh' could set him off on another rant for all she knew and that was not something she was going to let him do again. It was unnerving. "Alright... this year and planet... Google? That or a library." She shrugged, offering the best resources she could honestly think of right now. Ugh, she needed to focus. But that bit about her family... She shook her head at the thought, trying to get it to fly away.
Back to top Go down
North Wallace
Newb
Newb
North Wallace

PostSubject: Re: What's Left is Dangerous    What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 8:29 pm

Before she even muttered the words, North had his mobile out and Google on the screen. "Jefferson Taylor." He muttered to himself, flipping through each pop up before dropping into the first chair he had spotted. "Not married, of course. One kid, obviously..." He dropped the phone into his lap, running and knotting his fingers into his curly hair. He stared at his shoes for a brief second, "There's nothing. Probably went and deleted plenty data on his past when they sent him into Torchwood. They wouldn't worry about a missing past, just a shady one. They've all got holes in their story, what does one more man with pot holes in his matter?" He let go of his hair, picking the phone back up to start back on his work. He wasn't about to let the deletion of information stop him from getting what he wanted. Deleting something wasn't necessarily saying it was gone forever. Nothing ever was.

"His phone," he said, nodding to the mobile sitting patiently on the lab table. "Try and hack his contact list. It will be a simple password, probably one referring to information he's kept accessible through research. Try the son's birth year. He's between the ages of seven and ten, narrow that down and tell me what you find." After telling Robin, he had dropped into a fearful silence, his forehead scrunching up in lost concentration as he toyed with the unhelpful internet.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: What's Left is Dangerous    What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 3:54 pm

((Wait I thought it didn't have a password o_o oh well))

Robin frowned, picking the phone up off the table and turning it over in her hands for a moment. Ugh, math. So, if he was between 7 and 10... But what year was this? Scowling down at the screen as it demanded a password, she simply went with this being 2013 and guessed 2003, deciding to keep guessing up from there if it was wrong. A few tries later, she was in, now with the knowledge that his son was 8. "Alright, what do we need from his contacts?" She began scrolling through, not really thinking anything out of the ordinary. Just simple names. Not bothering looking too far, she handed the mobile to North, prepared to shove it into his hands if he didn't take it. "Any ideas on who or what we're looking for?"
Back to top Go down
North Wallace
Newb
Newb
North Wallace

PostSubject: Re: What's Left is Dangerous    What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 5:32 pm

((Yes, the main lock screen has no pass-code, but I modeled the software after my own mobile's, which can allow the contacts to have it's own pass-code for safety precautions.))

As if he had been reading Robin's urgency, North glanced up curiously. His eyes were fogged over in lost thought, the ideas that had come to the surface of his mind slinking away as he looked at the phone she was shoving at him. "Yes," he replied simply. There was no need in giving away false information. He knew what he was looking for, but telling her more would be lying. He didn't know anything else. Saying a simple word hopefully set Robin into the proper thinking path of assuming North knew more. But he didn't. He couldn't think.

The names were fairly simple. Contact upon contact. What could stand out? What?

North hesitated, a finger hovering over a single random contact. There wasn't a thing special about it. Yet he was determined to question every thing about every name. A name could tell you anything about the parent's, so why not of the person's personal history?

He clicked the name gingerly. Robert Lemmings. Normal enough, ridiculous enough. But the only one not last name to first. Robert's was first to last.  "Robert Lemmings. Clearly an idiot typed the name in, or did it on purpose to make sure they remembered who the contact was. So they don't know him personally? That's interesting. Can't make the deal with a recognisable face. Most likely a fake name. Always a fake name. Never a good one either. Can't get too creative or you'll get caught, but must they always be so dull?" He dropped the phone back onto the counter, standing up to nonchalantly bend back over the test tubes and chemicals. As if nothing was happening, he began to study a rather sticky looking substance.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: What's Left is Dangerous    What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 6:37 pm

Robin rolled her eyes at North. Really, after he was so interested in all of this, he's just going to stand there and do nothing. Taking the phone he was using Google on, she frowned in concentration, having an idea in mind. Good thing the screen didn't shut off, yet, because there was no way on Earth she would have guessed his password. After scrolling through a few links, she found something that might be rather helpful. Even if it completely contradicted what he had just said. Tapping the link, she couldn't help but smirk at the simple photo. A photo tagged with the names of both Robert and Jefferson. Facebook apparently had its perks. Clearing her throat, she held the screen out for him to see, pointing with her other hand at the caption. 'According to this, they're friends. Look like rather good friends, actually.' She had to hold back her giggles, guessing that this guy wasn't one to enjoy being told he was wrong. Now it was her turn to make him mad. Ha.

((Don't kill me, Toni told me to do it xD))
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: What's Left is Dangerous    What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:14 pm

((Yes, no killing her.. Wink))

My head popped up slightly over the opposite side of the lab. Being quiet for so long was impossible for me, though somehow I had managed. I bit down on my lip, shoving up the plastic glasses to the very top of my nose. I was amused by my smart look. My eyes quickly wandered about the man's face, then his suit and scarf. My eyes shifted to the girl. Had I met her before? Could I rack my memory to try and remember? No, couldn't do that. She didn't look familiar at all. Nor did he. So... Fake it?

I straightened my glasses again and stole a peak at the phone she was showing him. The picture, that was interesting. Did it relate to this place at all? The morgue? No, just two blokes in that photo. No body in here that looked like them, I had glanced at the bodies before they came in. Did they just like this place? "Oh, hey, whatever you're wrong about, you're definitely wrong about it." I said, practically with a tone of amusement. In fact, I totally was. The conversation those two had this whole time was entertaining. He was rude, she was angry. Sort of. It was hard to tell when I was scrolling through Tumblr. Distractions and the smell of too much cleaning supplies was a bad mix. I looked back at the man, "Photo is evidence. No matter the source," I added, noticing it was Facebook easily. That was funny. Proving the clear genius wrong with a website he had probably never heard of.
Back to top Go down
North Wallace
Newb
Newb
North Wallace

PostSubject: Re: What's Left is Dangerous    What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:37 pm

This whole moment was thought-provoking. North didn't want to be wrong, he was never wrong. But he felt unsure of his conscious. He didn't want to question himself and all the other deductions to come. But that new girl was clearly about to side with Robin. Snatching the phone away from Robin's hands, North brought it closer for inspection. "No, no - that's not right. But," he paused, not wanting to necessarily prove all of his recent deductions false. He wouldn't be the destroyer of his own mind. Not when he knew that the photograph wasn't making sense. First he'd deal with the new one, ignore all the possibilities that Robin's Facebook picture was resourceful.

North turned his neck to inspect the new person on the other side of the table. He frowned, his eyes narrowing for a brief moment. "Stop talking. You're rambling and it's already annoying." He bent his head down again, turning an empty test tube over. He couldn't get the picture to fade out of his mind. No, it was frustrating. "The photograph. Could be fake, couldn't it?" It sounded like a question, and he phrased it like one, but he didn't like the idea of one.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: What's Left is Dangerous    What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:55 pm

Robin jumped at the sudden appearance of Toni, nearly dropping the mobile in the process. When did she get there? Hm. Well at least she was helping her, seeing as if she didn't, she'd never win against North. Shaking her head, she drew her focus back to the mobile, eyeing the picture. If anyone could tell it was a fake, it'd be this guy, so why did he sound like he was asking? "You know, you'd be the one to prove it or not. Why don't you look at it?" She set the mobile down on the table, picking up the other and staring at the contact again. Robert Lemmings... Well, at least they had one thing on him. They had his number. Selecting the name, she took a peek at the personal information Jefferson had stored. Oh, apparently they had his email address, too. "Exactly how bad would it be to call him?" She half mumbled, waiting a short moment before calling the number. She only realized what a bad idea that was once someone picked up, a deep, harsh voice answering. "Hello?" Times like this she remembered why kids weren't allowed to do anything. Immediately looking to Toni, she hoped she'd just take it for her. Then again, the last time they met, she'd already met her. So what if... Oh, that'd just be bloody brilliant. ((*Inserts sarcasm....*))
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: What's Left is Dangerous    What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 8:23 pm

Did she pause? Did I hear a pause? Instincts kicked in. Messing with people was a specialty of mine. I grabbed the phone from her hands. Shoving it to my ear, I waited for a word to be mumbled from the other side of the receiver. There wasn't one. "She said hello, please reply like a nice person." I snapped, focusing on the breathing from the other side of the phone. It was shallow, but yet annoying. "I won't say it again. Answer me." The breathing picked up. I had gotten the person's attention at least. "How'd you get this number?" The man mumbled sourly, pressure on his words as if he were forcing them up his throat. I wouldn't doubt it, he sounded nervous and far from patient. "Off a phone, like most people." My eyes danced around the room I had fairly memorized from my time under the table. There was silence again until the man cleared his throat. "I..." He stuttered. If what the man with curly hair had said about this man being... Well, I couldn't remember. The conversation was fading from my mind already.
Back to top Go down
North Wallace
Newb
Newb
North Wallace

PostSubject: Re: What's Left is Dangerous    What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 8:39 pm

North wasn't listening to them. He realised that the new character had called the number, but he didn't care who answered on the other line. He knew he was right. They had never met - those two gents. It was unlikely, no it was impossible, for him to be wrong. He knew they didn't know each other. It was too obvious. He leaned gently against the lab table, shutting his eyes as he thought over the last few minutes in his head. And in seconds, his eyes snapped open again. "Hang up. It's not the same man as in the photo. I said fake name, didn't I? Well, you could use a fake name anywhere. Or you can steal an identity." He paused, possibly for dramatic effect, though he was already amused beyond measures with how thick he had almost been. Believing himself incorrect? Hardly intelligent when the only evidence the two girls had to prove was a photo, on the Internet of all places.

"Did you two actually believe that could be who you expected it to be? Since when were things ever so easy?" He snapped, impatient enough to snatch the mobile from Toni's grip and snap it shut. "No, all that man on the other end of that call did was take a name. He's not the same one as in that photo and Jeff knew it." Jeff? Did he sound too friendly with the false Torchwood agent? Perhaps, but he didn't care anymore. He was excited.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: What's Left is Dangerous    What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 8:57 pm

Robin allowed Toni to take the phone, actually glad she did. She had no idea what she was going to say to the man, and honestly she didn't think he'd pick it up. Almost yelping at North's sudden outburst, she kept her mouth shut to listen to what he had to say. Oh, even she could see the hole in that logic, how did he not catch it? Raising an eyebrow, she leaned back against the table of lab equipment behind her. 'That doesn't make sense, though. Why would he take the secret identity of a man he knew? Obviously he's gonna know it isn't him, so what's the point of using his name? It's supposed to be secret for a reason, isn't it?' She did see that through that, he probably wanted him to know, but that still didn't make any sense. What on Earth would he want to do that for? He could have people looking for him any second because he knew for a fact that this wasn't his real identity. Shaking her head, she snatched the phone and opened it back up, entering the password for the contacts and scrolling through them in search of a second Robert Lemmings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Left is Dangerous    What's Left is Dangerous  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's Left is Dangerous
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2