Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_vote_lcapHaunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_voting_barHaunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_vote_lcapHaunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_voting_barHaunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Haunting the Shadows

Go down 
+2
Robin
Sayo/9Th Doctor
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
13th Doctor
Student
Student
13th Doctor

Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haunting the Shadows   Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 1:56 pm

Eyes wide in disbelief, The Doctor was almost speechless...Almost. "Sonya had a daughter?!" He exclaims. The was a little bit surprising. "Wait, she's dead?" He thinks. "Impossible, I just saw her last week." Time travel was risky business. That means her death, from his time standpoint, has yet to come. He's going to know for years, and he can't do a thing to change it. "And hey chinny. Groovy bow tie! Oh, and we say groovy now by the way." Turning his attention to Candalynne, a smile grows on his face. "Hi! Sorry, but when you saw me before, is in my future. But it's always good to see a childhood friend, aside from the Scotsman over there." Wait, if they were all there, something bad was bound to occur. It always does.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Haunting the Shadows   Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 2:10 pm

Pausing a few blocks away, Tyra leaned her back against the brick wall of an apartment building, her breathing coming in gasps as she attempted to control herself. In one simple moment in time, her entire faquade of just being her mother's friend, shattered. 'Blasted man, who does he think he is, sauntering up and announcing who I am to the world?' She hissed in her mind, eyes closed tightly as she leaned her head back, seeking something solid to rest it against and attempt to reorient herself with the world around her. 'Oh yea, he's your uncle. Random things come spilling out of our family's mouths all the time.' She added, her own thoughts heavy with sarcasm and frustration.

Opening her eyes once more, she stared up at the sky above her, trying to put her mind back into order. For a moment, just a split second, she debated on calling her Uncle, the one that raised her. She needed to get away from things for a while, and he was always up for a distraction from work. Spend a week or so together, going to bars and having contests on who could pick up the most people that night. Feeling a faint smile grace her lips, Tyra felt her heart slow down to a normal beat finally. After her sudden flight, her energy kicked into overdrive, attempting to keep up with the stress of the situation. "Right then..." Pushing herself away from the wall, she brushed her clothes off for no reason and pulled at the collar of her jacket. "No backing down, eyes front and keep moving forward." The words tasted bitter on her tongue, words her mother used no more than a few months ago on her last visit.
Back to top Go down
Master
Whovian
Whovian
Master

PostSubject: Re: Haunting the Shadows   Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 3:01 pm

The Master's eyes caught on the Thirteenth Doctor's. "So now you're going to insult me and say you don't value my company?" he demanded. It seemed like a joke with the way he said it, but then he kept on going. The alcohol wasn't helping, but he was already in a bad place to start with. "You have no right to judge me!" he snapped, "You've never lost anything! You ran away from Gallifrey, I was exiled for standing up for what I believed in. You moan that you left your granddaughter behind so she could get married and have a happy life. I had to kill my daughter because a cabal of conspiracy nuts think I'm going to end the universe so took control of her. You mope around that you killed Gallifrey and became the last of the time lords, but you didn't, you just shoved it into a pocket dimension. But even if it were here, I could never go back. You lost a friend who you didn't even notice was gone. I lost my sister and I can't stop remembering her." His eyes dropped and he kicked at the ground regaining control of himself. He straightened his jacket and took a deep breath: "You're a doctor with millions of eager patients waiting to be saved. I'm a master with no disciples to follow me. I'm alone." He went to say something else but he bit his lip and stopped himself, then with one final silent glare, turned on his heel and stormed off in the opposite direction Tyra and Robin had gone. If he was never going to get to be with the people he loved, then he wasn't going to let the universe stick him with the people, or rather person, he despised the most.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Haunting the Shadows   Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 11:12 pm

'Tyra!' Robin called once more, out of breath from the rush she was in to get there. If this really was Sonya's daughter and she was anything like her, she'd probably have a habit of just leaving when she felt like it. 'Tyra,' She gasped, slowing to a stop and taking a moment to catch her breath. 'What happened? What's going on?' Looking up at the woman, she nearly groaned in annoyance. She sprinted all that way for what now? She was practically smiling again. Clearly it couldn't be such a big deal. Or... maybe she was as good as hiding things as her mother.

Tugging her hoodie back into place - which was completely unnecessary as it had barely risen up at all - she tried to think of something to say that wasn't going to offend her. People skills weren't her forte, not anymore, and for once she actually cared if someone liked her or not. Friends were hard to come by and this woman had done so much more for her than anyone had in the past 3 months. But what the heck was she meant to do next? Comfort her? Tell her that no one minds that she's Sonya's daughter? Well what if that turns on her and she takes it as 'Sonya was terrible and no one blames you for it'? Ugh, people were too difficult.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Haunting the Shadows   Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 10:35 pm

Tyra turned and studied the younger girl for a long, silent moment, her blue eyes carefully closed off from showing any emotion that might give her thoughts away. Finally, with a heavy sigh, she reached up and ran a hand through her hair idly, tugging on a strand near her left ear before answering. "Look, I know my mom wasn't the best person in the end. She tortured people, killed her husband, attacked more and killed even more than she could care to count." Her voice came out low, devoid of emotion, almost robotic in the fashion she spat out the words. "But she was my mother anyway, the only thing that made her so dark was her past, that damn Nightmare Child inside her ruined everything."

Running a hand through her hair again, Tyra caught herself. A habit she picked up from the Time Lady through her many visits, her uncle always teased her because of it. One of the reasons she cut it short actually, just so she wouldn't tangle her hair as easily. "I'm sorry for what she did, but I refuse to be blamed for something that was out of either of our hands. I won't be the one everyone lynches because my Mother couldn't control an evil portion of her that she never asked for in the first place." For the first time, her eyes flashed with an emotion, anger, as they focused back on Robin. "I despise only one person right now, the tenth incarnation of your precious Doctor. I don't desire to add any more to that list. Now if you don't mind. I have a job to do, so if you plan on trying to make me feel like crap because of Sonya, then you can turn around and head off. If not, then you can come along for that food I promised. Your choice."

Turning around to walk away, she caught sight of her Uncle and let out a sigh of annoyance. Closing her eyes and pinching the bridge of her nose, Tyra waited until he got close enough to be within hearing distance. "If your coming too, I don't want to hear a damn word about how cool or awesome you are. Or so help me, I'll use my manipulator and set you off on some distant planet inhabited by a culture that would happily welcome you into their cooking pots. Yes, I do know several, before you ask."
Back to top Go down
Master
Whovian
Whovian
Master

PostSubject: Re: Haunting the Shadows   Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:42 am

The Master looked at his niece, scowling, then it curved into a proud smirk. "Understood," he nodded. There was a newfound sparkle in his eye. He pulled the familiar bottle from his pocket, took one last gulp, then deposited it in the nearest waste basket. His eyes flickered, as if regretting he'd parted with the booze but he soon brought them back under control. The time lord body mechanisms were already washing away his drunken haze. He'd be sober before long.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Haunting the Shadows   Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:08 am

Robin waited through the silence impatiently, nearly startled when she finally spoke up. It wasn't too pleasant. Of course she knew what Sonya had done - first hand, unfortunately - but... why did that matter? What was she so afraid of? Sonya was a brilliant woman, and it'd be difficult to find a soul that didn't care for her, at least at some point. 

Listening carefully through her offer, she nodded, hands coming up to mess with the strings of her hoodie nervously. Definitely Sonya's child. Once on their walk with the more-than-slightly-offputting Master, she felt like she aught to say something. Tyra was so cheerful and full of life just a minute ago, and now she was practically a soldier. She had to say something. '... I don't, you know. Blame you. Either of you,' She mumbled, crossing her arms from the habit of doing so. 'Sonya was so much more than what she became - she actually did end up taking a bullet for me, and if I'm not loyal to her after that, then what am I?'
Back to top Go down
The Hermit
Student
Student
The Hermit

PostSubject: Re: Haunting the Shadows   Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 7:51 pm

The Doctor stared at the Master and said "Was that directed at me, or him?" but the Master had ran off to meet the two girls already. The thought came back to his mind...

"Wait, Sonya had a daughter? Wait up!" he called, running after the girls. He finally came to a halt, seeing them walk away. "Man, I do that alot. Running, I mean, although it's usually to run away from some Dalek or...Cyberman, or...Sonya had a daughter? If Sonya had a daughter, who's the father? I mean, if this girl is human, which she obviously is," he said, pointing at Tyra then continuing to say, "then does that mean the father was human?" the Doctor finally stopped, oblivious to how much he talked.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Haunting the Shadows   Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 9:48 pm

Tyra clenched her fists at her sides, silently counting down from ten in her head until turning her attention to the annoying bow tie. "My father was a Time Lord, just like you are. But mother explained due to the odd testing she was put through as a child, it morphed her genetic code so any child she had, no matter who the father was, she'd end up having children of the same species of whatever planet she happened to be on when the child was conceived. So considering I'm human from the 22nd century, that would plainly put her on Earth."

Leaving the explanation hanging in the air, she ducked into a restaurant and glanced around before spotting a booth near the back. Glancing over to be sure Robin still happened to be following behind, she headed towards the table and sat down, arms folding on the tabletop as she drummed her fingers on it in thought, her gaze going unfocused while she did. 'Perhaps I should call Uncle, he'd explain things better than I am now. Blasted idiots, never listen to a thing someone says unless it's shouted at them... Or a wrench is thrown in their direction.' She grinned fondly at one of the few memories her mother mentioned about her father before dropping her head down onto the table. "Ugh, and Uncle wonders why I never go to the bar with him anymore. I just can't stand crowds of people."
Back to top Go down
The Hermit
Student
Student
The Hermit

PostSubject: Re: Haunting the Shadows   Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 10:20 pm

The Doctor walked inside and sat down at the same booth. "Mind if I have a little to eat? Of course you don't." he said, grinning at the two girls. He looked around at the place they were in, the large amount of people waiting to be served, while the restaurant seemed to be only half full. He picked up a menu, and instantly smiled, he read down the page. Steamed broccoli with a bit of....small plate of sliders with a side of...fish fingers...right there. Fish fingers, and of course they had custard. The waitress came, and before he could order the fish fingers, she sat a plate of small taco's on the table, and pushed it towards Tyra. The Doctor looked at the taco's, confused. "On the house." the waitress said, smiling. As the waitress was walking away, a small ding could be heard. The Doctor took one of his gadgets out of his coat, and pointed it towards the waitress. Another ding could be heard. "Interesting.." the Doctor muttered.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Haunting the Shadows   Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 1:19 am

Robin followed Tyra closely from behind, now starting to get uncomfortable with the number of people. Sure, they weren't your normal kind of people, but it was no less unnerving. Quickly slipping into the booth, she was surprised to see Bow Tie sit down with them. Brilliant. Scooting as far into the wall of the booth as she could, she ducked her head down and tried to just... disappear. Now she was really regretting her decision to come along.

Her hands fiddled with the strings again as she brought her feet up on the seat and curled in on herself. If Chinny here wasn't blocking the end of the booth, she'd have already booked it. She tried to remind herself that there were worse situations to be in, but every time she thought of one, a few more seconds in the very building forced it to the top of the list again. So what, just pretend like nothing was going on? That this was fine? It probably should have been but it was making her uncomfortable to a point where she was nearly nauseous. She wasn't going to order, much less reach over to snag a menu. No, curling up in the corner until she could make a run for it was a much better plan.
Back to top Go down
13th Doctor
Student
Student
13th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Haunting the Shadows   Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 3:44 am

"Robin you look uncomfortable. I have no idea why I mean we are just sitting down, having a nice friendly conversation with the daughter of our deceased friend from the 22nd century. No big whoop. I mean sure, something bad always happens around me and the bow tie over here, but nothing had happened yet." He explains, pulling up a chair to the table. With him sitting down the machine in his pocket went ding. "Groovy." He says the word he coined at the beginning of his travels. "Oh yeah, that reminds me, could I get some chips, I dropped mine earlier." Thirteen calls to the waitress. Nothing had ever happens around him. Sure, something maybe life threatening, but never anything bad. Okay, maybe that's a lie. But it definitely wouldn't happen this time. He was sure of it, or it would've already happened.
Back to top Go down
Master
Whovian
Whovian
Master

PostSubject: Re: Haunting the Shadows   Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 1:23 pm

The Master scowled silently. He was still bitter with the Doctor, and now there were two of him sat at the table. The Master would usually have done anything to avoid this kind of situation, but this was different. It wasn't that he wanted to interrogate Tyra on where she had come from, he didn't much care right now, she'd tell him when and if she wanted to, it was that she was the only link he had left to any sort of family. He wasn't going to let any Doctor deny him that, instead he remained at the table, seated, but silent.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Haunting the Shadows   Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 1:47 pm

Tyra stared down at the tacos with a bemused expression on her face before sudden clarity flashed in her eyes, making her head jerk up and stare narrow-eyed at the waitress as she walked away. "Right... Apparently it's not too safe here either. I swear, I can't go anywhere without that lot stalking me." She grumbled, slightly irritated that she couldn't sit down for a few minutes at least. Reaching over, she snagged one of the tacos and quickly ate it. No one could ever accuse her of letting a good taco go to waste, ever. "Right then, off we go again, file out, single file, get moving."

Flashing the little group she seemed to have gathered about her, Tyra got to her feet once more and slid out of the booth, pushing Robin along the way until both stood beside the table, staring expectantly at the three Time Lords there. "Well? Come on then, unless you want to be caught by a bunch of Zygons that is." Once she uttered the word, the waitress spun around, a slightly excited expression crossing her face. "Ah, so you remember me after all. I worried your little brain might not be strong enough to retain the memory." She hissed, her form already mutating while she spoke. "Ah, yes, well... You know, kinda hard to forget a face like yours, one only a mother could love." Tyra snapped back, blue eyes glittering dangerously as she stared at the figure emerging in front of them.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Haunting the Shadows   Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 6:04 am

Robin scowled as she was shoved out of the seat, partially confused by what she was going on about, partially just annoyed. There was no need to push, at least. Unless, of course, they were about to die. She could be forgiven, then. Honestly she wasn't sure what the others were planning on doing, waiting for the bad thing to happen like that. She'd rather book it. But if there was still free food on the table, she wasn't abandoning ship just yet.

A moment later and she wished she had. What was that thing? Oh, Zygons. Brilliant. Now, if she knew what that was, this would be easier. Instead, she merely watched from under her hood, properly interested in becoming involved for once. Cybermen? Nah, just ignore them and leave town til someone cleans it up. But a new alien? She had to admit, there were too many reasons to stay here for her to bother sneaking away. The question was, then, what did they want with Tyra?
Back to top Go down
Master
Whovian
Whovian
Master

PostSubject: Re: Haunting the Shadows   Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 2:08 pm

The Master retained his silence, but rose to his feet. The Zygons hadn't commented on him or either of the Doctors and they were pretty big names around the universe, so maybe they didn't recognise them. Maybe Tyra was an even bigger deal. The Master had made quite a name for himself across the galaxy since his return, bloodier and far more ruthless than ever before most of the time. If they didn't know him, then mentioning his name was sure to provoke some sort of reaction, usually fear, but the Master preferred the element of surprise. Let them underestimate the broken old man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haunting the Shadows   Haunting the Shadows - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haunting the Shadows
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2