Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Professor Irene Bates I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Professor Irene Bates I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Professor Irene Bates I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Professor Irene Bates I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Professor Irene Bates I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Professor Irene Bates I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Professor Irene Bates I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Professor Irene Bates I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Professor Irene Bates I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Professor Irene Bates I_vote_lcapProfessor Irene Bates I_voting_barProfessor Irene Bates I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Professor Irene Bates I_vote_lcapProfessor Irene Bates I_voting_barProfessor Irene Bates I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Professor Irene Bates

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Teeth&Curls
Student
Student
Teeth&Curls

Professor Irene Bates Empty
PostSubject: Professor Irene Bates   Professor Irene Bates I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 4:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(Placeholder image until my drawing is done...)

Professor Irene Bates

Species: Humam Female, Earthling.
Occupation: A former history professor specializing in Egyptology and archeology

::Appearance::
Hair: Her hair is a fair shade of blonde, streaked with a professorial length of grey, and smartly bobbed to stay in the fashion.
Eyes: Her eyes are a dark shade of forest green that sparkle with curiosity and wit. She hides an unusual amount of knowledge behind these eyes, to which she uses to her advantage.
Height: She towers at a lengthy 6'2''
Figure: Slim and slender, but muscular. She is tanned with years of travel, but somehow reverts to her usual pale skin in between adventures.
Other: She has some scars across her back from a previous trip to Egypt.
Clothing: When she isn't traveling, Irene likes to wear the unusual plaids and colors, giving an eccentric twist to this usually stiff and unbending woman. When she is traveling or is on a job, she dresses very casually in beiges and browns, but more than likely she dresses to blend in....

::Info::
Family:
When Irene disembarked from 1919 and into the time vortex, she left behind her only family member: her mother. She had always pushed Irene to be the best she could ever be, and making her strive for more than excellence without taking any slack from anyone else.

Personality: Irene is easily excitable and easily discouraged. She wears her heart on her sleeve. She gets bored very easily with things that aren't engaging and exciting, but will sit for hours reading up on history and expanding her knowledge of the existing universe.

Strengths:
-Strong mind against hypnosis and weak mind-probes, having a mild clarevoyance without really knowing it.
-She has an awesome facet of knowledge stored away, using it to her advantage when the time comes. She knows at least three languages (English primarily, Arabic, and Spanish/Portuguese)
-She has a really high constitution and a lot of strength for long-running trips and quick getaways.

Weakness:
-Irene has a tendency to get bored very easily if she isn't challenged enough
-She has a tendency to be snarky and condescending, but only to those who can't really keep up.
-Irene plays for her own team, choosing which side she finds more beneficial to her cause. She is neither "good" nor "bad."

-Knowledge is power. She is constantly trying to learn, and loves new knowledge.
-A stiff drink
-A good-looking man?
-Definitely a good book, preferably antique.

Dislikes:
-The selfish investor, always wanting money money money.
-Large groups of people. They make her terribly nervous and claustrophobic.

Dream: Knowledge is power, power is best kept where it'll be useful. So learn as much as you can before you die!

History:

"History, as I like to put it, has a funny way of repeating itself. Especially when you study it so fluently as I do."

Growing up in a small town south of Des Moines, Iowa, Irene Bates has never really sought out the normal. Living in a town of less than 200, she always made sure to seek out the macabre, the unusual, the fascinating. She was always present at the World Fairs, first in line to see what new and weird gadgets she could touch, feel, operate, and ask multiple questions about.

After going to a college, which was unusual for women at the time, she got a degree in history, studying the fascinating world of Ancient Egypt. This was until she came across an repeating message in a tomb sealed away for thousands of years: a blue box with a flashing lamp on top.

The box was described as "the healer", containing an entire civilization lead by a man called "Scythe", or "Sehkmet-Scythe" (Vengeful Healer Smith?). This convinced Irene that she should follow up on this mysterious box, finding the reference in nearly every civilization including the Mayans, Incas, Renaissance era, Ancient Chinese painted vases, and more.

Having a keen eye for this unusual thing, she traveled to England, where upon exiting the boat, she found it. The only thing in the world it could be. A bright blue Police Call Box, complete with a flashing lamp atop. She quickly ran over to the box, pushing through the unloading passengers, causing suitcases and hatboxes to fly everywhere.

Before she got there, the box had dissipated into thin air, causing her to run right through where the box was and fall flat on her face. She was embarrassed at what she had did, but was more daft at what she had saw: a perfectly solid box disappearing into thin air. Had anyone else saw it?...

When she got to Cambridge, she found all the information she could ever want on the protected files including the blue box, all throughout history. This was all the evidence she needed to prove to herself that she wasn't crazy...

In 1919, Irene made an expedition to the Amazonian jungles with four other members of a team to excavate ancient ruins of the legendary El Dorado when she was attacked by a local tribe of mysterious beings. She lost her team, and in a running attempt to save her own life, she knocked herself out cold.

When she awoke, she found herself laying right next to...the mysterious blue police box....She quickly got up, opened the door and ran inside, disembarking on an adventure that she would never forget...

Irene was returned in a time 100 years from her own by accident when the Doctor forgot about her wandering off and left without her. In an attempt to find the Doctor once more, she attracted the attention of a scientific mental research team, who captured her and committed her to an Asylum. There she lived out the remainder of her days as the subject of mental testing and psychiatric evaluations.

---------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------
This section is for you to show us your roleplaying skills. What is going to happen is you will read a standard problem for your character to react with. What we are looking for is a proper Roleplay reply, standard character, explaining what you would do in the situation.
Rules: Please make your response at least a six to nine sentance paragraph.
Please make your responses in 3rd person (ex: Sonya blinks her eyes.)
You need to explain your roleplay, use as many details as you possibly can to describe what you are doing and what is going on around you.

The Doctor is stuck under a flickering streetlamp, you are on the opposite side of the street. It's midnight, no moon or stars, the only lights around are the lamp the Doctor is under, and the light in front of a closed store you stand under.

The only way to the Doctor is to cross the dark street, easy, right? Wrong. This planet is well-known for being infested with Vashta Nerada. Any shadow anywhere could be infested with them. You have a small pack on your back with several items in it that you could use to get to him.
A carrot
The Doctor's Sonic screwdriver
A chicken leg
A flashlight
Book of matches
A rubber duck
a raincoat

Irene held on tightly to the Doctor's scarf, careful not to get too far away from the mysterious man. In her hand she held a first edition copy of A Tale of Two Cities, her favorite Dicken's novel.

"Doc, you've got to be joking. YOU'VE LOST THE TARDIS?!" He looked at her with contempt, swiftly jerking his head back and fourth looking for the possible direction he could have put the machine. Distressed, she looked across the street to the flickering street-lamp. How odd...it has...two shadows?

A brief chill went up her spine, never taking into notice how dangerous it could be. She looked up at the Doctor, who was chewing on a small chicken leg. "Give me that." She took the leg and threw it across the street, irritated from his comping and chewing.

She looked across to the lamp. Heart pounding, she looked back to the Doctor. "I never heard it hit the ground.."

Last edited by Teeth&Curls on Wed May 14, 2014 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Romana II
Administrator
Administrator
Romana II

PostSubject: Re: Professor Irene Bates   Professor Irene Bates I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 8:38 pm

She looks like Helga Sinclair but has the spirit of Daniel Jackson! (excuse my uber-nerd moment)

I like it, though I'm a tad confused about what you put in her family section. You say her mother died about a month after she started traveling with the Doctor, but your history stops just as she enters the TARDIS. So when you're playing her, are you going to be playing from the point where her mother's still alive or after she's died?
Back to top Go down
Teeth&Curls
Student
Student
Teeth&Curls

PostSubject: Re: Professor Irene Bates   Professor Irene Bates I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 9:00 pm

I was trying to go from the point of where she first travels with the Doctor, wherever that may be. When I play her, it's from the point of "she doesn't know her mother died, but she will find out when she returns home?" If that makes sense?

So when she returns home from her first adventure, she'll find out that her mom died. But I've been fiddling with her character and I can make the history all the way up to her death if that'll help.
Back to top Go down
Romana II
Administrator
Administrator
Romana II

PostSubject: Re: Professor Irene Bates   Professor Irene Bates I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 9:03 pm

Either do that or remove the part about her mother dying since it hasn't technically happened to her yet. Personally, I think you should lengthen the history to that, just so there's less confusion.
Back to top Go down
Teeth&Curls
Student
Student
Teeth&Curls

PostSubject: Re: Professor Irene Bates   Professor Irene Bates I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 10:47 pm

Edited! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Romana II
Administrator
Administrator
Romana II

PostSubject: Re: Professor Irene Bates   Professor Irene Bates I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 7:20 pm

Alright looks fine to me. I approve!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Professor Irene Bates   Professor Irene Bates I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Professor Irene Bates
Page 1 of 1