Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_vote_lcapIn Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_voting_barIn Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_vote_lcapIn Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_voting_barIn Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

In Cold Waters

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

In Cold Waters  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 11:02 pm

I look over my shoulder. Entering this box... With a man I hardly know... My feet move a few inches and I'm in the TARDIS. I turn and shut the doors behind me. "Gonna tell me or is it going to be a secret until the last second?" I ask gently, placing my hands on my hips as I look around the box. A thousand things race through my head, different options of phrases, different words of amusement. But I bite my tongue, not willingly wanting to give him any upper hand. "And you're right, definitely not the last suggestion I'll be handing over. Like bacon, I love bacon. Haven't had bacon since my-" I pause, breaking my sentence off as I take steps towards the console. "Any old ship then. Don't tell me otherwise. A ship is a ship." I whisper, not for the purpose of conversing with the Doctor, but more for my own ears. I tap what I recognize as a compass and lift my head to look at him, a grin spreading my lips thin across my face. "Get to it then," I snap as I nod towards his hand on a lever. "Take me away."
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 7:44 pm

The Doctor nodded, "I believe the word you are looking for is..ALLONS-Y!!" he proclaimed, yanking down the lever, sending the TARDIS spiraling through the time vortex, the time passing them by each second roaring away as they pushed farther and farther back in time. There was a slight shake about the machine as it forced itself through the time vortex but nothing compared to the way it used to lash about, sometimes, sending The Doctor and his companion across the control console. But, choosing, to spare his newly found friend of the torment of TARDIS, The Doctor had set it up the way it was meant to be flown under the control of one pilot.

With three groaning pushes up and down on the time rotor the TARDIS landed and the shaking stopped, allowing a grin to form on The Doctors face as he tried to keep cool as he leaned up against the console, crossing his arms and feet, gesturing over to the doors. "Go on then, have a peak" He told her with a sniff, "Unless of course you want me to spoil it for you and tell you exactly where we are..but where's the fun in that".
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 4:22 pm

I resist rolling my eyes. Maybe because I'm genuinely curious. I turn on my heels, jumping for a split second until proceeding to the doors. "Better not get a rabid squirrel in my face." I mumble to myself. My thoughts jumble as I slip my hand onto the handle, jerking it open quickly. "Oh, okay. Not bad." I say softly, all traces of my untrusting behaviour pushed into the dark. "Soilse dhó." I repeat, shaking my head as I turn to look over my shoulder. "Definite cheese-ball, you are." I call over to the Doctor, grinning, though I wish I weren't. Couldn't possibly be a sour sport for too long, but I wish I would last a few seconds longer. I drop my grin, blocking the exit with my small body as I turn to look at him. "Why are you showing me this? I mean it, and don't say because I came with you or something. I'm just a curious person, that's it. Or I hope it is. Not just a death wish or something." I force myself to stop talking. I can't stand when I change the subject, not at all. I shift so my shoulder is to him, my head turned towards the view outside. It looks foreign to me, something I would see on the television or on a clear summer night. The bright lights. All I see is bright colors and dots tossed about to make patterns, but I want a name. Names mean everything. "Gonna tell me where we are?" I whisper, ignoring the fact I had already asked him something else.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:24 pm

The Doctor nonchalantly placed his hands into his pockets and strolled down the ramp towards her but stopped just a few feet shy of bumping into her, "Well for starters..it's fun" he began, "And besides, who'd like to go rescue the universe, planets and countless people alone. Bit boring if you ask me..the same amount of boring it would be if one was to..oh i don't know..sit on a dark, damp, curb in the middle of the night with nobody to talk to in sight". Glancing over the shoulder of Loren for a split second, he turned his attention back over the young woman then motioning outside with his head, "Why don't you see for yourself...nahh never mind, you'd just stay here until i told you so! Welcome to the twin moons of alkadore, every thousand or so years the moons align in a way that the light from the far off sun emits through the moons in a moon shape and straight onto one of the largest monuments of the city. Well..the city and surrounding tribes were built around that, an entire civilization and religion. And now there's a huge festival held celebrating this event..pretty.....you know...fun".
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Without looking at the Doctor, I begin to walk out the doorway. "Don't make fun of my curb." I say as I  exit, crossing my arms as I absorb what my eyes are telling me I'm seeing. Tall buildings, long streets, curbs, sidewalks. I hardly listen to him explain. Twin moons, bouncing lights. Festival. "Yeah, fun." I mumble, biting hard on my lip as I proceed further out. Crowds are forming everywhere, laughing and cheering. Some look human, others don't. But I don't stare at the ones who don't entirely look the same as me, I just act as if it is still Halloween. "Too bad you don't sound so sure of yourself when it comes to saying 'fun'. You sound so convincing." I say, adding the last part drenched in sarcasm. I look over my shoulder at the blue box, directly where I left him. I go over his explanation in my head, finally listening to the words and not just hearing them. "You sound repetitive, you know that? You say 'moon' like it's your favorite word or something. Try 'big looking cheese thing' or whatever."
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 8:21 pm

The Doctor rubbed the back of his head as he listened to the semi-ramble of Loren who proceeded through the streets of the festival where he would follow after closing the door of his TARDIS behind him when he exited. She was definitely unique compared to the other people he had travel with him, she brought somewhat a reflection of himself on board, the sarcasm, the witty jokes and the overall acceptance of the TARDIS and other worlds. Unlike other companions, she acted as though she had seen this kind of thing already and maybe, the bored life on the curb could actually stand a chance against his kind of life of adventure, danger and everything in-between. "Well to you i sound repetitive..to me you sound the same. So much sarcasm and all that optimism you've got there..gets a bit annoying" The Doctor finally replied, releasing a smirk onto his face as he gently nudged past her and began to walk through the streets in front of her, his hands resting in his pockets causing his brown trench coat to fold to the back around the cuffs of his pockets and arms.
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:20 pm

I roll my eyes. "Okay." I say through my teeth, my eyes wandering around the crowds as if I'm people watching. "Though I wasn't asking how I sounded. I was only commenting on how you need grammar lessons." I tighten my arms around myself, trying hard not to bump shoulders with anyone around me. But being rude is the least of my worries. I pick up my pace so I am closer to his side, glancing at the Doctor with a smirk before I go back to my people watching. "Besides, I don't think you find my sarcasm and optimism 'annoying' at all. You like it." I joke softly before my expression grows serious. "Never been to a festival before. My dad was going to take me and my brother before..." I trail off, clearing my throat as I force an uneasy smile. "What's there to do anyway? Besides saying 'moon' a few thousand times."
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:45 pm

"Well..." The Doctor started, glancing around at the various stores and make shift games that were set up alongside of the pathway which the majority of the visitors and locals patrolled, "There's circus tents! Although..had a bit of a bad run in with them a while back..with my friend so in no hurry to go there. The big cheese wheel looking thing in the sky and his brother are coming to align in exactly...three hours from now. So until then..we've got time to spare". The Doctor's ramble was cut off from the sight of a Silent, dashing around a corner from one of the dark alley ways and disappearing from sight. The Silent had not paid any attention to The Doctor, nor Loren, letting him remember the event before he turned his attention back over to the streets with a new found concern and worry, especially for his new companion.
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 11:06 pm

After several seconds of not hearing his voice, I turn my head to look at him, pushing dark hair from my eyes. "Doctor?" I ask cautiously, his expression nearly stunning me. That look full of worry is something I'm not expecting. I pull my arms apart, nearly reaching a hand out to him, but deciding against it almost immediately. "Hey? Something wrong? The circus tents upset you or something? No, you rambled right over those. So..." I roll out the word, raising my eyebrows at him questionably. "Right, fine." I whisper under my breath, peeling away from the crowds and him to walk closer to the side, where less people have migrated to. I can at least move my arms freely, swing them at my sides if I really want to. Though there isn't exactly a point to it.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 10:19 pm

"Nothing..." The Doctor mumbled a reassuring reply, though half heart as it may have been, it gave The Doctor himself an ease to his worry as he continued through the streets until the looming shadow of the larger tent engulfed The Doctor. Turning his attention over to the tent, he increased his pace by one step as yet again, his eyes caught sight of a Silent that peered through the edge of the alley way. "Stay close" He hissed to Loren, now his mind and attention was fully on the Silent and the possibility that there was more than one Silent at his event.

Pushing aside the hanging tapestry that welcomed them into the larger tent, The Doctor and Loren were immediately greeted by seemingly endless display cases, some small and some very large. One, containing a large manatee like humanoid, was the first display case that was set a few feet in front of the entrance, nearly causing a double heart attack in The Doctor as he took a step back then released a sigh.
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 9:36 pm

I glance around the tent, pressing my lips together as I step forward to the first display case. "Cool," I whisper, laughing gently as I tap it with my finger nail, staring intensely at the manatee like humanoid. I shake my head lightly, amused for several more seconds until I turn towards the Doctor. "What are we doing in a tent? There's nothing in here, really." I say sharply before my eyes catch something reflecting off the glass of the display case. A fuzzy figure, pale in certain places and black in others. I feel goosebumps forming on my arms and bare legs as I slip past the display case. "Who's playing hide and seek with us?" I ask softly, raising my eyebrows as I stop in the center of the tent, staring around at the other display cases sitting proudly in almost a circle going around me.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 11:16 pm

The Doctor pondered the course of action he would take in replying to Loren about The Silent's following them, but instead of some clever lie, which he was too familiar with, he chose the truth. "They're called Silents" He finally replied to her, walking over to her side, his eyes fixed on the corners of the tent and the people that passed in and out of his line of sight, "Beings with the ability to erase your memory if you see them...just stay close..if i lose you then they have a bargaining chip". Walking over to the display case in front of them, The Doctor looked at it for a moment then dashed his eyes to the corners of the case where he could see the outline of a Silent, standing there, staring at him. There The Doctor paused, staring it down as it stared him down, "Come on..why haven't you erased my memory yet? What do you want?" he mumbled, mostly to himself.
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 11:59 pm

I cross my arms, glancing at him then my shoes, unaware for a second that the Doctor is staring down a creature. I lift my eyes, dark hair falling into my face as I bite my lip. "Erases memories of seeing them at all then? Big, bad alien scared of a human's sight?" I whisper, mainly to myself as I squint questionably at the Silent. "Then it's obvious, isn't it? Well, sort of. I mean, it's letting you keep your memories. It wants you to know its there. Either as some lame threat or... Well, what else besides needing your help." I uncross my arms, whistling gently as I keep my eyes trained on the Silent. "Or I'm totally wrong and completely rambling on for no apparent reason whatsoever." I add quickly, shrugging it all off as if I had just found it ridiculous, changing my mind as I go.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 12:52 pm

The Doctor's mind roared with life as the idea, spoken by Loren, sprung through his conscious, "Wants us to know it's there?" he mumbled to himself peering over the edge of the showcase, "but why?". Turning out from the corner of the glass case, The Doctor squinted at the Silent who glared him down before turning and walking through a portion of the tent and disappearing from sight. Without another thought or word, The Doctor followed the Silent, keeping a safe distance until he pushed aside the tents open door and peaked through and into the room. "ohh..hello" The Doctor said out loud before walking fully into the room and fixating his attention strictly on a big, brown, pot in the center of the room. Blood ran deep red inside of the bowl, so deep in fact that one could not see the bottom of the cauldron, "Blood" The Doctor said curiously as he looked down at it, his eyebrow raising as the Silent walked up to the bowl from the other side and peered over at The Doctor, "Our blood" it hissed, "But why? Why have Silent blood? Why collect it?" The Doctor questioned, looking up at the Silent as it replied, "Fuel...".
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 1:15 pm

I look around the area I'm standing in before rushing after the Doctor, pausing at the entrance of the room. I watch him wander towards the pot. "So... No morals then, either." I mutter, then hesitate as the Silent moved to look at me. "What?" I nearly snap before it looks back at the Doctor and the pot. I'm nearly drowned in my own thoughts before I hear something shift behind me. Reflexively, I spin around, almost yelping in surprise. "Oh, hello." I say softly as the new Silent fixes it's attention on me. "Fuel," it repeats, unmoving from its position. I squirm, but don't move, my eyes running over it thoughtfully. "Blood for fuel. Blood for fuel in a pot. Blood... For fuel in a pot like a witch. How does any of that make sense?" The Silent looks at the Doctor, then back at me. It doesn't say a word and I glance at the Doctor. "I don't understand. Do they take their name seriously or do they just not like me?"
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 5:58 pm

"I don't know..maybe you scare them" The Doctor joked with Loren, trying to ease the tenaciousness situation as he looked back to the Silent, "What do you mean fuel? Fuel for what?!" he protested, urging for an answer with the tone of his voice. The silent lifted up it's arms and placed it's hands on the edge of the pot, leaning over towards The Doctor, "For the end..Doctor...this planet has committed crimes against the Silents..so we shall pass on our knowledge...our knowledge of how to be..silent". Out of the corner of his eye, The Doctor caught the glimpse of yet another Silent coming from the side of him, his arm extending outwards to grab Loren while the Silent in front of him began to stand upright.

The silent's mouths gaped open, their arms extended outwards, sparks of electricity began to form within their finger tips and with no other choice, The Doctor quickly yanked his arm back and grabbed Loren's hand. His fingers intertwined with hers as he spun on his heel and made a mad dash straight through the tent room exit just as a bolt of electricity struck the tent beside him. The tent immediately caught on fire, sending frightened shrieks of horror to spring throughout the tent as people ran for their lives, The Doctor in the middle of the crowd, his hand still, to the best of it's ability, holding onto Loren's.
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 7:46 pm

I nearly yelp as the Doctor pulls on my hand and I tighten my fingers around his. I'm incapable of seeing much as we run and I feel my shoulders connect hard with several things. Whether it be people or display cases, I'm not sure. I glance over my shoulder, my hair flying into my face. I turn to look forward again, almost tripping over my own feet as I try to stay at his side. Three years of track doesn't even help me keep up with the man. My legs quickly heat up from the fire, as well as my arms. "Doctor!" I yell, watching the fire take down the rest of the tent, as well as set some grass on fire. I try to peel my hand out of the Doctor's, a quick instinct to help with the fire going through my head, but his grip is too strong.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:01 pm

The Doctor continued to run, his mind and legs set on getting back to the TARDIS, then, he suddenly heard the voice of Loren penetrate his subconscious, ringing throughout his mind until he finally released her hand and turned around. The sight of the tent burning lit up the sky as night began to fall, people were running for their lives, some even mourning at the edge of the tent for their loved ones who were still trapped inside. Like glass, his eyes reflected what he saw and before he could act, he spun his attention back around to Loren, "I can help them get out. I need you to get water from one of the merchants. Just say, polishator and they will give it to you..." already expecting her to ask about the word, The Doctor cringed his face, "Don't..don't ask" before jetting off back to the tent.

The closer he got, the more the heat and light from the flames became nearly unbearable; but the sight of a weeping mother pushed The Doctor, pushed him mentally through the barricade of flames. Without a second thought or worry, The Doctor sprang through the burning tent as it began to slowly fall, his trench coat billowing behind him as he seemed to float through mid air as he jumped. His converse smacked the dirt ground beneath him with a thud, his eyes immediately looking around, dashing across his visual line of sight. Then, he heard someone. A scream coming from the edge of the tent; walking over to it and pulling a cloak from over the body, revealed a young eleven year old boy, his eyes filled with fear, "Help...."he mumbled.
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:30 pm

I stay where I am, watching the Doctor run off, though I know I should be moving by now. The screams from the mourners mentally kick me and I feel my legs moving. I trip at least once or twice until making it to a booth. The merchant, dressed in bright colors and a funny hat, stares expectantly at me with dark eyes. I bite my lip, thinking back to the ridiculous word the Doctor expects me to say. I groan, bouncing on my heels. "Ah, fine... Polishator?" I blurt out and I nearly think the man is going to ask me to repeat myself. The merchant grins obnoxiously, bending down slowly to retrieve the water from below the table. I roll my eyes, smacking my hands onto the table as I lean over to watch him. "Hey, guy, come on. Polishator!" I snap, and as he moves up, he nearly bumps his head. "All right, all right." He mutters, handing it to me probably as slowly as he could manage. It is a large looking bin, and it immediately reminds me of keg from a party I hardly remember. I wrap my fingers around the handles, nodding to the merchant quickly as I drag it off the table. It isn't exactly a run I begin doing to get to the tent, more like a limp and a hobble. The keg is heavy, with no cap. Water sloshes against the sides, soaking my hands as I set it down beside the opening of the tent. "Get containers. Now. Throw it on the flames as quick as you can." I yell out, hoping people would listen. And some do, some move to the keg looking thing with bowls or anything else they could find.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:19 pm

One son stood ideally by his mourning mother, his eyes focused on her as he held her close to him, his arm wrapped around her shoulder protectively as he glanced around at the carnage in front of him. Glancing back down to his mother and over to the roaring flames again, he bid his mother a temporary goodbye and dashed over to a nearby merchant who was handing out bowls to use. Snagging one, he ran over and immediately began helping dose the fire while inside The Doctor held the boy, dangling, in his arms, peering left and right for a way out.

Then, suddenly, there was light, a slit in the tent revealed the relieving sight of the grass outside of the tent and the swarms of people. Looking down to the boy, The Doctor wiped some ash from his forehead, "I need you to be strong..i see a way out. You just have to one thing for me. Yell a word for me, a word that will protect you whenever you need it to", the boy looked up at The Doctor, "what word is that?", "Allons-y!!!!". Like the mad man he was, The Doctor dashed over to the, still burning, wall of the tent then jumped with all his might through the slit, the boy closing his eyes in fear of being burnt, "Allons-y!!" he yelled just as they passed through. A forgiving cool breeze struck them as The Doctor landed on the ground and ran over to the mourning mother who quickly took her child back, "See, i told you" he told the boy, who gave him a soft smile before turning and embracing his mother.
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:47 pm

I don't see the Doctor rush out, my focus set only on the flames. Several people were putting it out as I hand out the bowls, one by one to any person that will take one. I proceed to do so until a small, little girl takes a bowl off the table, rushing towards the flames with a nearly empty bowl. "Crap," I whisper, setting one of the last bowls down and leaving my post to follow after her. As soon as she gets near, I break into a run. Dropping to my knees once I reach her, I wrap my arm around the little girl's torso. Her blonde hair is pulled back with a blue lace ribbon, her matching dress running down to her ballet shoes. I pull her back, spinning her around to face me as my eyebrows push together. "Hey, you shouldn't exactly be playing by the flames. How old are you anyway? Four?" The little girl nods and I gently move her back a few steps. "Yeah, go hang by the water bowls." She nods quickly, as if excited by the little task I've given her. She turns around, rushing back over to the bowls I have previously left. I groan, slapping my cheek gently as I stay perched on the ground beside the flames. My cheeks are hot, flustered by the warm temperatures. My legs are red as if I've gotten sunburned. I get to my feet, looking at my hands to see if there was any damage to pout about. Immediately, I notice the burns going down my left hand, sliding down my wrist and arm, stopping at the elbow. "Great." I mumble, picking up the girl's bowl and throwing the remaining water at the flames. It puts out a very small patch, doing basically nothing in the process. I drop my arms to my sides, staring at the flames as others around me continue to put them out.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 1:22 am

The Doctor returned the smile to the boy and his mother, who graciously thanked him for his deed, and his attention turned to the burning tent. The moons came out, their alignment celebration set to start in two hours but from the looks of things, that might change. After glancing over the nearest human forms near the, now nearly ash, tent, The Doctor managed to make out Loren and walked over to her. "I'm sorry" He mumbled, his eyes and attention falsely on the tent as he stood next to Loren, "I tried going someplace that...might not be dangerous but..well..looks like i've messed that bit up. Wouldn't have been the first time though" he paused as he looked over to her, "You alright?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 5:21 pm

I glance at my left arm again, then nod lightly. "I'm fine. Just a burn." I reply, looking over at the Doctor with a gentle smile. "And don't apologize. Really, this happening isn't your fault. Though danger seems to follow you, it's kinda fun." I turn away from the flames, leaving the Doctor as I walk back to the water keg. The little girl is standing beside it, playing with a small bowl of water. I laugh, looking back over my shoulder at the Doctor as I grab another bowl, filling it with water before walking back to his side. "And you better not have been running back to that box of yours. That would have been stupid and out of instinct." I pour the water across a patch of flames, watching as they die out. "You have to run somewhere else. Not where they most expect you to go."
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 8:35 pm

"Just kinda?" The Doctor joked, allowing a smile to fade onto his facial expression as he glancing around what remained of the tent and around it where the other festivities were continuing. Turning his attention back over to Loren, The Doctor immediately felt something looking at him, that old human feeling of something behind you once you turn your back. The Doctor held the feeling, pressed it down deep within him and forced a smile onto his face as he extended out his elbow to Loren, "Miss Prior" he said, turning his body towards the direction of the moon festivity event where the majority of the people began walking to, "Would you accompany me to the two wheel of cheese's annual gathering?".
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 10:55 pm

I smile weakly, nodding my head as I move closer to him. "We're not looping arms, if that's what you're thinking." I say, bumping his elbow as I glide right passed him. And there it is again, my stubborn side. Though I'm happy to realize it hasn't left me. "And never call me 'Miss Prior' again!" I yell back over my shoulder, grinning at strangers and waving at little kids. I turn to look over at him after giving a random, weird looking alien a highfive. Too obnoxious, but I'm amusing myself. "I hope you realize I have no idea where I'm going, so you better get your butt over here. Like, now." I joke, stopping my walk as my grin turns into a full blown smirk. Yeah, I'm amusing myself way too much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Cold Waters
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next