Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
The Third Doctor I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
The Third Doctor I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
The Third Doctor I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
The Third Doctor I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
The Third Doctor I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
The Third Doctor I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
The Third Doctor I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
The Third Doctor I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
The Third Doctor I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
The Third Doctor I_vote_lcapThe Third Doctor I_voting_barThe Third Doctor I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
The Third Doctor I_vote_lcapThe Third Doctor I_voting_barThe Third Doctor I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

The Third Doctor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
3rd Doctor
Newb
Newb
3rd Doctor

The Third Doctor Empty
PostSubject: The Third Doctor   The Third Doctor I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 11:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Third Doctor

Species: Time Lord

::Appearance::
Hair: White and curly
Eyes: Green
Height: 6 foot 3
Figure: Tall/lanky
Other: A tattoo on his right arm
Clothing: The third Doctor wore a more ornate outfit comprising of frilled shirts, velvet smoking jackets, an inverness cape, and a bow tie or cravat, earning the nickname of 'dandy' from his previous two incarnations.

::Info::
Family: Whatever family members the Doctor has are all on Gallifrey, apart from his granddaughter Susan, who as far as he's aware is married and settled on Earth.

Personality: Unlike his first two selves, the Third Doctor was a man of action. He was unafraid to use his physical skills, such as his mastery of the martial art Venusian aikido if it was necessary. His keen mind was his primary asset, and this incarnation was particularly fond of all sorts of gadgets. This passion displayed in his love of vehicles, such as his yellow roadster, Bessie.

The Doctor's knowledge of the TARDIS greatly increased in this incarnation, mostly because he tried to take it apart and rebuild it after his knowledge of how to fly it was erased when he was exiled by the Time Lords. Once the Time Lords returned the knowledge of how to operate it, the Doctor found it easier to fly his time machine, unlike his previous selves who seemed to lack any control.

The Third Doctor was usually optimistic, and 'a true gentleman.'

Strengths: His intelligence, his companions, his TARDIS
Weakness: He can be tetchy and argumentative, and he can have problems with officials, bureaucrats, and the military mind
Dislikes: Daleks, monsters, anyone or anything who tries to hurt others
Dream: A day where there are no monsters, nobody dies, and everybody lives.

History: After being put on trial by the Time Lords, the Second Doctor was sentenced to a forced regeneration and exile on the planet Earth, and the Doctor's knowledge of how to operate the TARDIS was blocked. The Third Doctor then fell into a coma outside his TARDIS on 20th-century Earth, near a United Nations Intelligence Taskforce (UNIT) base. It was at this time that a swarm of units for an alien intelligence known as the Nestine Consciousness was uncovered. The Consciousness could animate Autons, plastic humanoid beings. It took over a toy factory in London, planning to replace key government and public figures with Auton duplicates.

The Doctor was brought to UNIT HQ, commanded by Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart, who the Doctor was uneasy about since their last meeting. When he reclaimed his TARDIS key and attempted to escape the planet, he realized that as well as his knowledge of how to fly it had being blocked, the dematerialization codes had also been changed. With the help of Dr. Elizabeth Shaw, the Doctor eventually created a device to stop the Autons, but the Brigadier asked for the Doctor's continuing assistance in fear of the Nestenes returning. The Doctor joined UNIT as their unpaid scientific advisor, in return for facilities to repair the TARDIS, and a sporty antigue roadster which he named Bessie.

The Third Doctor and Liz took part in many missions for UNIT, such as meeting the Silurians for the first time and preventing them from destroying all human life on Earth, and helping alien ambassadors that depended on radiation to live who had been kidnapped by the retired astronaut General Carrington. Liz's last work with the Doctor and UNIT was when UNIT was guarding an experimental drilling project attempting to penetrate the Earth's crust. It had started to leak a liquid that transformed those who touched it into primeval creatures who craved heat. They saved the world from being affected by this liquid, but Liz retired from UNIT after, telling the Brigadier that all the Doctor needed was "someone to pass him his test tubes and tell him how brilliant he was."

This Doctor was the first to meet the renegade Time Lord known as the Master, who became an arch-enemy of the Doctor. The first time they met was when the Master stole a dormant Nestene unit from a museum, which he reactivated before beginning the production of deadly Auton chairs, dolls and daffodils. The Third Doctor prevented the Master and the Autons from destroying humanity with the help of the Brigadier and his new companion, Jo Grant.

Because the Master had come to Earth, the Doctor was permitted limited use of his TARDIS, and it always went back to Earth. Jo and the Third Doctor encountered the Master plenty of other times; when he lost control of the Keller Machine, which was designed to extract emotions from hardened criminals, when he assisted the Axons in invading Earth, and when the Doctor destroyed Azal, the last of the Daemons, after the Master had summoned him. It was after this adventure that the Master was imprisoned on Fortress Island.

The first time the Third Doctor met his old enemies, the Daleks, was when a group of freedom fighters from the 22nd century went back in time to assassinate Sir Reginald Styles at the second World Peace conference. It was thought that he had detonated a bomb at the conference, causing World War III in the future, which left Earth vulnerable and allowed the Daleks to invade. The Doctor travelled to the 22nd century and discovered that the bomb had been activated by one of the fighters who had been responsible for the escalation. The Doctor returned to his time period to evacuate the delegates, and the Daleks were destroyed by the bomb.

After more adventures, and once again stopping the Master when he escaped prison and attempted to use the Sea Devils to take over the Earth, among other incidents, the Third Doctor met his First and Second incarnations when they were taken out of their timestreams to assist him by the Time Lords. An energy blob had been causing people on Earth to disappear while it hunted for the Doctor, and it was revealed that Omega had sent it. He needed a Time Lord to rule over the anti-matter universe he controlled in the black hole he was trapped in. The black hole was made when Omega blew up one of Gallifrey's stars eons ago in order to provide a fuel that would allow the Time Lords to travel through time. The Doctors prevented him from returning to the universe of matter, and in return for his assistance, the Third Doctor's exile was ended by the Time Lords and he began travelling through time and space with Jo, though they continued to assist UNIT.

After more adventures, Jo announced that she was getting engaged to scientist Cliff Jones and that they were going to travel to the Amazon to look for a rare fungus. The Doctor gave her his blessing and then returned to UNIT HQ. It was there he met journalist Sarah Jane Smith, who was impersonating her aunt to gain access to a research centre. It was then that the Doctor first met the Sontarans, when Commander Linx was kidnapping scientists and taking them back to medieval England so they could repair his spaceship. The Doctor and Sarah rescued the scientists, and following Linx's death, they began travelling together.

When they investigated strange goings-on at a retreat run by Tibetan monks, the Doctor discovered it was linked to the planet Metebelis III and a colony of giant spiders. The Doctor exposed himself to lethal amounts of radiation to destroy the spider's leader, giving his life in the process. To the surprise of Sarah Jane and the Brigadier, he then regenerated into his fourth incarnation.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

The Third Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Doctor   The Third Doctor I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 1:09 pm

APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED!
My excitement couldn't be contained, we haven't had many people come on and want to be a classic Doctor so you are very muchly appreciated and welcomed with open arms my friend!
Start an Open RP and I will defiantly join Very Happy

-Sonya-
~Site Owner~
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

The Third Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Doctor   The Third Doctor I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 1:52 pm

OH MY GOD! *squeals* Welcome :'D

Now may I professionally add that I applaud your application dedication. Your history is astounding. Congratulations!

-Mal of the Administrative Staff-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Third Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Third Doctor   The Third Doctor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Third Doctor
Page 1 of 1