Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Hope Lightfoot I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Hope Lightfoot I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Hope Lightfoot I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Hope Lightfoot I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Hope Lightfoot I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Hope Lightfoot I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Hope Lightfoot I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Hope Lightfoot I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Hope Lightfoot I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Hope Lightfoot I_vote_lcapHope Lightfoot I_voting_barHope Lightfoot I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Hope Lightfoot

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hope Lightfoot
Newb
Newb
Hope Lightfoot

Hope Lightfoot Empty
PostSubject: Hope Lightfoot   Hope Lightfoot I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 6:41 pm

I cannot post the image because "New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days". Thanks for that.

Hope Maria Lightfoot
The Aspiring Venturer

Species: Human

::Appearance::
Hair: brown
Eyes: hazel
Height: 5' 5½" (1.66 m)
Figure: She's slender without being too skinny, because she has a good muscular built.
Other: Many scars, but nothing that stands out in particular, and most of it is covered by her clothing.
Clothing: Comfortable clothes in general, and lots of trainers and boots. Her favourite color is blue, so there'll be lots of different shades of it.

::Info::
Family: Hope has two families, so to speak. When she was just a baby she was adopted by Maria and Jack Lightfoot, who had an older daughter, Emily, aged 4. Both her adpotive parents died. Later in life she was found by her biological family, consisting of Matilda Musgrave, her grandmother, and two more siblings, Ana and Jack Musgrave. She doesn't get along too well with her sister Ana, who is three year younger, but she was able to form some sort of bond with Jack, seven years younger than her. Her grandmother is a very stern and difficult woman, albeit loving and fair. Since Hope had some difficulties with authority figures, they have a very on and off relationship. Her biological father, Tony Bates, lives in the States and she only saw him twice. He doesn't really care about his kids. Her biological mother died the year before her grandmother found her. She has lost touch with her foster sister, Emily Lightfoot, and since moving to London, she doesn't talk to her biological family either.

Personality: Hope is a bit cooky. She can babble about random things for hours on end, and she doesn't really know when to shut her mouth. She's extremely emphatic and for that reason cannot stand cruelty towards any living being, because she'll suffer with them. Hope is fiercely loyal to her friends (when she has them). She's a very cheerful woman and despite her tragic past, she pretends like it wasn't a big deal. Hope can be very bossy as well if she thinks she's right. She has a good hand for drawing and has a natural talent for watercolour painting.

She absolutely hates her name, but after her mother committed suicide, she doesn't want people calling her Maria anymore (this was her mother's name). She also hate her last name, Lightfoot, and children at school used to really tease her about it. Nowadays, she rarely introduces herself with her full name, unless required to do so.

Strengths:
- Streetwise (she knows her way out of a difficult situation, be it by using words or fists, although that's a trait she tends to hide very well and rarely uses)
- Fast thinking
- Fast running
Weakness:
- Technology in general
- Can talk too much in the most inappropriate of times
- Honesty (far too much, really)
- Clumsy to the extreme. Do NOT leave her alone in a dangerous room. Things will blow up.
- Boys (she's very flirty and is not ashamed of that)
- The colour blue
- Traveling
- Watercolour paintings
Dislikes:
- To be bossed around
- Cruelty of any kind
- Carrots
- Rainy days
Dream: to travel the world and see as much as humanly possible.

History:
Hope is a 28 year old unemployed woman from Norwich now living in London. She has been living there for five years now, when she left a comfortable, posh life in Norwich to live by herself. But she didn't grow up in that luxurioius environment.

Hope's history is a bit more complicated than that. She was told that her mother was 17 when she was born, and not knowing what to do, she gave her up for adoption. Hope was then adopted by Maria and Jack Lightfoot. But that's not the real story. Maria Lightfoot was an old friend of Hope's birth mum, Ellie, and took the baby when Ellie talked about giving her up. Being so, Hope grew up with her foster parents, not knowing she was adopted. Her older sister, Emily, was four years old when they brough the baby home.

When Hope was 6 years old and Emily was 10, Jack and Maria got divorced, and Jack left never to be seen alive again. Maria went into a frenzy of emotions and ended up a drunk depressed non-functional mum. She commited suicide when Hope was 10 years old. Threatened to be separated by the foster care system, and knowing horror stories of the system, Hope and Emily ran away to live in the streets together.

They tried to find their father, but they didn't know where to start. Quickly this idea was left aside -- they were too busy trying just to survive. Hope learned a lot of new skills to survive the though life. Emily made sure they both kept studying through correspondence courses delivered to a P.O. box they rented with the money they got from selling the knitted scarves Emily made and the amateur portraits Hope could draw in the city park. When Hope was 16 years old, she found out that her dad had been killed five year earlier, in an attempted robbery (he being the robber).

It was by that time that Hope and her sister parted ways. Emily had got involved with a drug dealer, and Hope just couldn't accept that. After months of arguments, Emily left to live her life with this new boyfriend, leaving Hope to thrive all by herself. By that time, though, Hope was able to do it without much difficulty.

It was only at 18 years old that her biological family, the Musgraves, found her and brought her to live with them. Her grandmother, Matilda Musgrave, was the matriarch of this posh Norwich family, and took her in very willingly. However, it wasn't that easy for Hope to adjust to this completely different life style. Her new siblings, Ana and Jack, were very suspicious of her, and while she was able to overcome this suspicion on Jack, Ana never quite accepted her. The Musgraves gave her the opportunity to study Art, which she was very passionate about, but very shy as well.

However, she never quite adapted to the Musgrave's lifestyle, and by the age of 23, she left to London. Since then she has had many jobs, but not a career. She refuses to touch her family's wealth and has lost contact with them. However, her initial idea wasn't to live in London -- she wanted to travel through Europe, but found herself short of money and started working as a courier girl up town, getting stuck in London's life.

Despite this long and somewhat harsh history, you won't see Hope sulking in a corner or being gloomy. She's always very upbeat and happy, and in the rare occasions she mentions her past life in the streets, for instance, it will always be with a funny story.

HOW DID YOU FIND US?: Looking up on Google.

---------------------------------------------------
• A carrot
• The Doctor's Sonic screwdriver
• A chicken leg
• A flashlight
• Book of matches
• A rubber duck
• A raincoat

Hope stared back at the Doctor, standing on the opposite side of the street. She wanted to tell him what an idiot he was for leaving his sonic screwdriver with her. As if she would be able to use it. That was completely useless for her. She wasn't able to use a remote control properly, let alone an alien sonic screwdriver. Damnm, she thought.

Hope looked around. The lights were flickering, and the omnious presence of the dark night around them made her shiver, and it wasn't even cold.

They had lost all the crew that had descended to the planet with them. Every. Single. One. And Hope was tired of seeing death. Very, very tired. The darkness around her kept her on edge, and if it weren't for this constant reminder that there were invisible creatures ready to eat her up in the dark, maybe she would've already curled in a ball and cried.

It would take her six long strides to get to the other side of the street. Less than twenty seconds to cross it, she pondered. But the Vashta Nerada only needed a milisecond to eat her up.

Hope kneeled down and took the backpack off from her shoulders. She put it down and started shuffling through its contents. "A carrot?" she mumbled, a bit outraged. That was so typical of the Doctor. Leaving her with a goddamn carrot in her backpack. "I hate carrots!" she shouted to the Doctor, who just smiled and shrugged. There wasn't much he could do.

She took the chicken leg, unwrapped it, and threw it in the direction of the omnious shadow in the middle of the street. When it hit the ground, it was already just bone and no flesh. "Lovey" she took the flashlight and turned it on. The light wouldn't be enough to protect her whole body.

It was then that she found the box of matches at the bottom of the pack, under the rubber duck.

Hope felt her brain click. She had just had a crazy idea.

She got hold of the carrot and started breaking it into small chunks. When she had about eight chunks of carrot, she sticked five matches in each of them. With another match, she lighted the eight chunks and set fire to the rubber duck, which she quickly threw in the middle of the street. As the duck melted down, it gave the place more light.

Holding the flashlight up above her head, she gave one step forward, placing the first chunck of carrot with the lighted matches on it. It was a strange looking ball of fire, but it was lighting her way.

She proceeded doing the same thing as she made her way to the other side of the street -- a chunk of lighted carrot each step she gave.

"Hello, Doctor" she mumbled to him when she got to the other side. "I think I might really like carrots from now on, you know".
Back to top Go down
http://mymistrust.net/
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Hope Lightfoot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hope Lightfoot   Hope Lightfoot I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 11:21 am

Don't worry about the picture thing, your avatar is plenty ^^

Approved

-Nat of the Administrative Staff-
Back to top Go down
Hope Lightfoot
Newb
Newb
Hope Lightfoot

Hope Lightfoot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hope Lightfoot   Hope Lightfoot I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 1:51 pm

Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://mymistrust.net/
Sponsored content

Hope Lightfoot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hope Lightfoot   Hope Lightfoot I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hope Lightfoot
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Character Creation :: Character Creation-
Jump to: