Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra) I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra) I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra) I_vote_lcapWorlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra) I_voting_barWorlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra) I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra) I_vote_lcapWorlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra) I_voting_barWorlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra) I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra) Empty
PostSubject: Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra)   Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:36 am

Breathing in deeply, Tyra gazed around the city of Cardiff with a small grin on her face, it had been a while since she last had been there, ages in fact. It never ceased to amaze her how often it surprised her with how little changed. Granted she usually tried to show up around the same time, but now and again she goes off the mark, taking her farther than she planned and landing her in the middle of the 22nd century instead. Tucking her hands into her pockets, Tyra made her way towards the wharf, intent on getting a hold of Jack and insisting he take her out to eat.

For the past five visits she managed to make, he had either been too busy to do much more than a quick visit or had been gone entirely with his team unsure of how long he'll be gone. At least they kept her company for a while. Stopping at their customary bench, she sat own and pulled a phone from her pocket, scrolling through the numbers on it in search for his and selected it, pressing the green button to call then holding it up to her ear to listen to it ring.

A few seconds later it clicked, Gwen's voice filtering through the speaker once she spoke. "Hey, Tyra. Jack's out but he shouldn't be long. He's just picking up some things real quick." With a low sigh, Tyra leaned her head back, staring up at the cloudy sky with a small frown on her face. "How long do you think he'll be gone, Gwen?" A hand reaching up to brush her hair from her eyes before dropping back down to the back of the bench.

"I'd say about ten, maybe twenty minutes. But you know, Jack. You never know when it comes to him." Gwen laughed, earning a light chuckle from Tyra as well. "Alright, I'll just wait up top for him. Thanks." With that, she hung up and slipped the phone back into her pocket, turning her head to idly watch the crowds of people as they walked to and fro in the distance.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra)   Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 11:12 am

With a heavy brown bag resting in the crook of his left arm, Jack strode in the direction of the wharf.  To say he wasn’t excited about the items he possessed was a lie.. though he wouldn’t dare risk showing any of his team members what was concealed inside.  Oh no, they would be overcome with the need to stick their thieving paws within and snatch away Jack’s prize without giving him time to protest.  It wouldn’t be the first time that happened.

I'll tell them that if they stick their hands inside the bag there’s no guarantee they’ll get it back.  Let's see who tries to steal my stuff then.”  Thinking he was being awfully clever, Jack smiled to himself and nodded to every person he passed.  Maybe he looked overly happy, but it was hard not to feel such joys when there was nothing terrible to snatch his immediate attention.  It was a very relaxing day, so relaxing that he was going to indulge himself with the pleasure of wasting time on himself.  What a wonderful feeling that was.

Shifting the bag in his arm, Jack arrived at the wharf and was prepared to enter the Torchwood headquarters when his bag dropped.  A humourous look crossed his face as several dozen microwavable burritos came tumbling out of the opening, among other, unmentionable items. To anyone who didn’t know Jack, it would appear he was trying to cover up his ‘extra’ items with the food.. but really, they just went together perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra)   Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 1:38 pm

Tyra's blue eyes locked onto the form of Jack as he hefted the bag up and ended up dropping it along with it's contents inside all over the sidewalk. Amusement growing as each one scattered outward, revealing all to see. The people that might see it, however, might have a few things to say if they ever knew the reasoning behind them. Shaking her head, she got to her feet and strolled over to stoop down and snatch up one of the burrito and waving it in her uncle's face. "Care to tell me exactly who or what it is you planned on doing this with?" She smirked, tossing the item into the open bag and beginning to gather the rest of them, her head shaking from side to side in the process.

"Honestly, Jack. Why do you insist on indulging in these... Ah, indulgences while your here? I highly doubt anyone would get the little game you play when it comes to this." She added, her blue eyes flicking up to meet his with a wide grin on her lips. "By the way, you owe me a lunch. Last few times you promised, you happened to be gone at the time or too damn busy to even leave the base." Picking up another burrito, she flung it at him in false irritation then snatched up the rest of the things and stuffed them back into the bag.

"Or are you too busy with your little fun in order to take your favorite niece out for food? I'm starving here!" Tyra groaned and rubbed her stomach with a light scowl in his direction. "I haven't eaten today because I get the feeling that if you do take me out, it'll include a seven course meal. And I wanted to be prepared."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra)   Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 11:40 am

Jack blinked as he was approached, watching with a large grin as she picked up a burrito and stuck it in his face. He was about to snatch it from Tyra’s hand when she threw it in the bag. “I do care to tell you. He’s a very important man for a very important mission. They picked the right agent for the job, if I do say so myself. Not only does this guy like eating in bed, he loves eating burritos in bed! That’s something I can definitely get into, if you know what I mean.”

Squatting down, he assisted his niece in piling his treasure back into the bad. A sly grin curled a single side of his mouth as he shot his company a mischievous look. He didn’t answer her question since she probably knew the answer to it anyway. He did what he did because he could and it was great. Plus, who was he hurting? As long as it was consensual and all parties involved were having a blast, why shouldn’t he indulge himself every now and then?

“Hey!” Jack exclaimed when the burrito smacked him in the shoulder. Catching it, he soon pointed at Tyra, getting an intense expression on his face. “Well if you’re here for lunch I do have a bag full of burritos. Except the condiments are mine and mine alone. I can’t go sharing my dessert with everyone, can I?” Laughing, he straightened up and picked the bag back up into his arms, being mindful of how he was holding it this time.

“Alright, fine. I can make time for my favourite niece as long as she’s prepared to eat so much it hurts. You’re going to have to make up for what I’m missing out on. Who do you think is going to go through with this mission now? Well, maybe he wouldn’t mind postponing.. I am his favourite after all. Anyway, come on. I’ll drop this off and we’ll get going.”
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra)   Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 1:15 pm

"About time." Tyra grumbled good naturedly, a wide grin on her face as she trotted alongside Jack, trying to keep up with his longer legs. "You ought to pay attention to someone like me you know, I'm your link to the outside world when you decide to hole yourself up in your little base for weeks at a time." She added, nudging him in the ribs with her elbow, a smirk flashing across her face as she looked up at him.

"Besides, what would Mother say if she saw you ignoring me? She'd toss you in a freezer for a few weeks, that's what she'd do." Tyra laughed at the image that appeared in her head once she said that. "Remember last time she found out you left me with a babysitter and went out to party? You ended up in an escape pod programmed to land on Mars. Your face was priceless." Falling into a comfortable silence, Tyra looked up at the sky with a fond grin on her face.

Her uncle was the only one she could stand to talk to about her Mother, he knew her nearly as well as the supposed best friend of her's, that Doctor in the striped suit. Shaking her head quickly, she dispelled the thought, intent on keeping her good mood. "So, what do you have in mind? La'Fiergs? Or maybe Twinnings? I heard they have great steak."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra)   Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 4:59 pm

Jack rolled his eyes, giving Tyra a nudge in return as they entered the base. Some may find it odd how their “uncle and niece” relationship was more of a “best friend” dynamic. It never bothered Jack, and he was certain Tyra didn’t care either. To them, it was comfortable like that. If Jack had to act any different he was sure he would have gone crazy by now. Acting as a father figure was not an idea he was fond of.

“You’re not my only link to the world. My sources say you’re fairly expendable.” His tone was light, a devilish grin on his face. Before he could add he was outside to supposedly ‘get some’, Tyra had opened her mouth to mention her mother. Sonya and him had an- should he say- interesting relationship. He wouldn’t have traded it for anything, but some moments with her was not particularly his favourite. One of those moments would be the pod incident. “What did you expect? My options were watching a squirt like you or going to the hottest party of the year. In my defense, I did get you a babysitter. Just think about how much worse it could have been. I could have left you completely- or worse, have taken you with me.”

At the front counter of the base, Jack deposited the brown bag on its hard surface. “Ianto, take care of my things, would you? I’ve got a date.” With that dealt with, he turned to face his niece. A sly smile spread across his face, “If I wanted a slab of meat I would have blown you off and continued with my burrito related mission.” Jack gave a wink before shaking his head, “How about you choose the place as long as their portions are massive and there will be cute guys to look at.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra)   Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worlds Apart (Jack Harkness, Tyra)
Page 1 of 1