Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_vote_lcapAs Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_voting_barAs Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_vote_lcapAs Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_voting_barAs Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

As Thick As Thieves

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

Location : In the Tardis! | Brooke: In the Tardis Library, of course.

As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 6:20 pm

Emma sniffled slightly and looked up as the Doctor spoke to her, wiping her eyes to keep up the appearance of having been crying. She put on a look of baffled confusion when he started talking about cameras and stuff. She pretended to have no idea what he was talking about. She wasn't even sure if the Doctor knew how knowledgeable Emma was when it came to computers and hacking, but she'd filled in for the FBI's tech analyst Garcia when she was unable to be there, and Emma had done some serious hacking in her college days.

Regardless, she knew she could ask the Doctor later about anything she didn't understand, so rather than focus her attention on what they were saying, Emma was focusing on observing this stranger, watching her behavior, listening to her choice of words, all the things she had been trained to watch for, as a behavior analysis expert. The woman seemed as if she suspected the Doctor of having been in the museum, and Emma was fairly sure that she was right. But she didn't think he would have been there to steal anything.

She noted the way she emphasised the word 'humans' when she spoke to the Doctor, and it was almost as if she doubted the Doctor's being human. She wondered about that, since he really didn't seem like he wasn't human. Emma only knew differently because he had told her he wasn't human. But then, watching how a slight tremor began to pass through the woman's arm, and how pale she became, Emma began to slightly question this woman's humanity. But that was for a discussion later, probably in the Tardis, with the Doctor.

Emma reacted with relief upon hearing the woman say that she was cleared.
"I.. can go?" She asked hopefully. She smiled faintly. "Thank you." She said in relief. She stood up and glanced around. "Um.. I'm not sure I know the way out.." She hesitated, then looked at the Doctor. "Could you please show me out, sir?" She inquired, looking lost and a bit uncertain. Inside, she was surprised no one had asked her more about her little brother, but she was actually glad. She really didn't want anyone looking into it too much. She smiled faintly in a friendly manner, as if she really didn't know who the Doctor was but was trying to keep up a friendly appearance, as she waited for him to show her out of the police station.
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorcking.com
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 9:36 pm

"Yeah sure..." The Doctor mumbled, watching Lady Black closely as Emma was given the all clear to leave. Standing up, he gestured for Emma to come over to him as Lady Black turned her attention away from them both to get the papers, "Get to the TARDIS, run a diagnostic scan on this.." he stopped as he slipped her an SIM card, "It's from one of her cameras, i nicked it while i was investigating. I'll be right behind you". Turning away from Emma, The Doctor walked over to the front desk where Lady Black was obviously using it for balance as she experienced her dizziness spell.

The Doctor arched his eye brow as he walked up and stood beside her at the desk, leaning his back on it as he turned towards her, "I can help" he told her in a lower toned mumble before leaning in slightly closer, "Besides, i owe you one for tripping the alarm system.". Standing up straight, The Doctor looked away towards the doors, releasing a sigh as he did so, "If you want my help....meet me at the coffee shop in the market square out in front of the museum at six. Those spells your having..their not normal and could be dangerous, at least let me have a look.". Without another word, The Doctor walked towards and out of the front doors, glancing both left then right until he saw Emma and bolted after her until coming up to walk beside her.

Placing his hands nonchalantly into his pockets, The Doctor smirked, "See..told you i'd get you out" he sniffed, "Besides what were you doing in there anyway? I thought i said no wondering off, it's rule number one, i keep stressing it but no one listens".
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.
Beginner
Beginner
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 10:13 pm

Ryarya didn't even glance at him as she acidly replied, "Get away from me." The officer at the desk looked up at her quizzically, to which she merely shook it off with a slight wave of her hand. She finished filling out the release orders for the young woman and handed them to the officer. Her vision cleared slightly as she heard the man walk away, and her strength returned to a semi-normal state. At the very least, she could support herself on her own. She breathed a sigh of relief before heading out the station doors.

She glared after the so-called detective and his companion. It wasn't difficult to figure out once she had actively put her mind to it. He had only been in there to get his friend released. She had done that too, so so really couldn't hold that against him. It was his proposal that had her temper bubbling like an active volcano. It was utterly ridiculous! She wasn't even from this time period, and yet, the doctors from her own time couldn't even help her. Her entire life had been spent in and out of hospitals. They had tried everything from prescription medications to brain scans and surgeries. Nothing had worked, and they had her believing that her "condition" wasn't reparable. She had spent every year of her life in pain, in fear, in despair at her own existence. She had neglected all her friends, her public education, everything. Everything that she had grown into was a result of what she was.

Most people got by just on the usual ten percent brain power they were born with. They had happy and productive lives without any issues whereas she was supposedly "blessed" with the entirety of her brain power and suffered every waking moment because of it. True enough, she enjoyed her heists and how she was living now. Her condition still plagued her, however, It wasn't nearly as bad as it had been when she was little, a side effect of jumping through time with the power of the broken vortex manipulator she had cased in her laboratory. Even with her incredibly high level of intelligence, she still wasn't able to fix herself. Once she did, she would truly consider herself a genius.

Could that man really be able to help her? Was it even possible? She had spent so much time just suffering in silence since she'd always been told, "There's nothing we can do." The idea that, perhaps, someone could help her seemed completely impossible. An low groan escaped her throat as she pondered the idea. She had to, literally, have lost her mind to even consider meeting him. What could he possibly find that's so different from every other scientist and doctor? she thought angrily. It's not worth my time just to hear what I've already heard. Still, the idea swarmed in her mind, making her doubt her own stubbornness. Perhaps he really could help her.

Checking the usual time setting on her watch, she saw she had a bit of time before his proposed meeting time. She sighed, and with a slight shake of her head, she descended the steps to where she had parked her motorcycle. She mounted it, kicking back the kickstand and turning on the headlights. The bike raised up off the ground a few inches as she revved the engine and took off down the street, her coat flying behind her. Her mind was made up. She would, at least, hear what he had to say. That didn't mean she was going to play into his proposal and become his patient, but it would be entertaining to hear whatever it was he had to say.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 11:13 pm

Emma walked with the Doctor to the door, also watching Lady Black as she walked. She tried to make it subtle, so she wouldn't appear to be staring at her, but she did watch her, observing behavior and her appearance and such. She didn't look well, and Emma wondered what was wrong with her.

Before she could think much more about it, the Doctor slipped something into her hand and told her to take it to the Tardis and do a diagnostic scan on it. Emma glanced inquisitively at him, but he was already turning away and wandering off to talk to Lady Black. Emma continued out the doors, not wanting to draw any unwanted attention to herself. She casually put her hands in her pockets, slipping the SIM card into her pocket as she did so, and then hesitated as she tried to recall the way back to the museum from here.

She started walking down the street, glancing around as she walked. She kept trying to picture in her mind the direction she had come, and anything that she could remember that she might have passed, that she could use for a landmark. She remembered passing that building over there, so she headed that way. The last thing she wanted to do was get lost in London, especially when she had something important to do. Remembering that she was supposedly looking for her little brother, she made sure that while she was still within sight of the police station, she looked around as if looking for someone.

Once out of sight, she took her hands out of her pockets, but left the SIM card there. She frowned to herself as she began wondering how she was even supposed to do this. He sent her to the Tardis to do the scan on the thing, but how was she supposed to get in? She didn't have a key, and as far as she knew, the Tardis always locked. She frowned slightly as she considered this problem. How could she do a scan on the SIM card when she wouldn't be able to get into the Tardis?

Then the Doctor joined her, and she smiled slightly. At least now she didn't have to wonder how to get in the Tardis. She glanced at him and raised an eyebrow slightly at his first statement.
"Actually you didn't tell me that.." She corrected him. "I wasn't even sure if you knew I wasn't in the Tardis, til I saw you poke your head in the room." She admitted, glancing down at the sidewalk as she walked.

She bit her lip lightly when he asked why she was there.
"I was looking for you." She answered. "I woke up and you weren't in the Tardis, so, then I saw the museum and it seemed like the most likely place to find you.. and the door on the side was open. I figured you used your sonic thing on it. Then the cameras weren't working, so I thought you must've done that too.. though from the conversation back there, I'm guessing not.. anyway, I got lost in that place, and then the alarms went off.."

Emma went quiet for a moment after explaining why she was in the museum, and began wondering if maybe he was upset with her.
"I'm sorry if I caused any problems for you." She said quietly. "I really didn't intend to." She really hoped he wasn't upset. Worried thoughts started to form in her head, but she tried to push them away and not let it cloud her thinking. She still couldn't help starting to feel slightly anxious about it, inside, though she tried hard not to let it show on her face how she was feeling. She risked a glance at the Doctor, trying to gauge how he might react to her apology.

Last edited by Clara/Emma on Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing mistakes)
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 10:45 pm

The Doctor sniffed as he cocked his head to the side, "Nobody ever intends to...well...until something bad happens then all of a sudden i've got to save an entire planet". Smirking as he glanced over to Emma, The Doctor couldn't help but release a grin and a slight chuckle, "It's alright Emma! Come on! Think on your feet because i am going to need you to help me out".

Glancing around him for a moment, The Doctor continued, "When we get back to the TARDIS make that diagnosis like i told you then come find me...by the time it's done i should be done with what i have to do" he told her, looking out to the looming windows of the TARDIS. The shinning light guided them to safety, the doors ready to creak open and welcome them inside.

Reaching the edge of the alley way, The Doctor stopped, extended out his arm and snapped his fingers. The doors flung open for Emma as The Doctor turned his attention to the coffee shop across the street, "Try not to wonder off too much" he joked with Emma before looking both ways then jogging out to the coffee shop where he would soon meet the mysterious thief.
Back to top Go down
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.
Beginner
Beginner
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 7:56 am

Once again, she was wondering why on earth she was here as she stood outside the indicated coffee shop. Her feet moved on their own, and with a heavy sigh, she entered the shop. The effects of her dizzy spell were still slightly active, and she could feel the sharp twinge of pain behind her eyes still. It was lessening every minute, but it wasn't negligible to the point where she could actually ignore it. She shook it off as she stepped up to the counter to order. Coffee had never been something she was overly pleased with. The bitter taste was a constant reminder of her father. He was a heavy coffee drinker and the scent always seemed to linger on him. She had loved the way their house had smelled after he brewed it every morning. Everything had been so easy for her then, such happy memories. It had all faded at a moment's notice now, and here she stood, a master thief plagued by her own mind. She was, quite literally, a wreck.

One of the workers looked up at her approach and gave her a warm smile. "Welcome back, Lady Ryarya!" he said brightly with a wide grin. "It's been awhile since we've seen you last. The usual, I presume?" She nodded with a half-hearted smile in return. "Yes," she replied in a slightly weak tone, "That would be lovely. Thank you." She walked over to the other end of the counter where the customers were handed their drinks. She picked a straw out of the small clear container and began twirling it expertly between her fingers while she let her mind wander.

She didn't trust him, by any means. It wasn't so much that he had tripped the alarm on her that had done it either; it was the fact that, like her, he had been running a double agent type operation. She had done it because her very life was on the line. True enough, she was rich from all the fencing she had done since she had landed in this time, and she could do anything she wanted. She wasn't in danger of going broke, but the longer she stayed here, the longer her mother could be trapped somewhere and be suffering. Words could not even express how much she wanted to leave London and find her mother. All her heists were usually focused on parts to build a brand new vortex manipulator. Something about that man told her that he had a means out of this time. A Time Lord wouldn't strand themself in time unless they absolutely had to. She reasoned that she was only meeting him for information, and she wasn't here about her "condition." No one had been able to fix her; it just wasn't possible. She just wasn't meant to exist.

When she received and paid for her drink, she wandered over to a small circular table in a corner next to a jukebox that was playing so softly in the background. She sipped her cream-based frappucino as she crossed her legs and tapped her watch screen out of its sleeping state. She brought up a digital display of the power cell she had stolen. The display was a direct link to her lab, and she could see just how well her latest projects were doing. The cell was glowing softly, the designs carved into its sides lighting up with its power. Her readings indicated that it still had awhile to charge, and she smiled. It was taking to the electricity better than she thought it would. Tapping a tiny silver button on the watch's plate, she began running a diagnostic on the designs. They must mean something. She was curious to find out what as she let the program run its course.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 9:34 am

Emma relaxed a little and returned the Doctor's smile, though faintly. She was glad he wasn't upset with her. She really didn't want to mess up and lose the only friend she had, or make him mad at her for some reason. After listening carefully to the instructions he had given her, she nodded to show she understood them. Then they stopped in front of the Tardis and Emma watched as the Doctor opened the doors with just a snap of his fingers. She really wondered how he did that. Was it like that clapper thing for turning lights off and on? She didn't think just anyone could do that though, so she decided it was probably a timelord thing that only he could do.

She turned to him after he said for her to go and do the diagnostic scan.

"Alright, I'll do the best I can, but if I push a wrong button and make the universe explode by accident, it's your fault for not supervising me while I try to do this." She told him with a small smirk, joking mostly, though deep down she was a little worried about pushing a wrong button with drastically horrible results. She gave a faint laugh and smiled slightly as she put her hand back in her pocket to check that the SIM card was still there, before going into the Tardis.

She stopped in the doorway and glanced back, seeing him going across the street to the coffee shop there, and then she decided the doors should be closed, to keep people from just wandering in. She didn't think it would be good for people to just wander into the Tardis. And the Doctor probably wouldn't like it, either. After closing the doors to the Tardis, she went over to the console. She picked up her cell phone from the console and put it back in her pocket, then pulled the SIM card from her pocket.

"Um.. hm. Diagnostic.. how do I do this..?" She mumbled to herself, uncertain. She held the SIM card up and tried to find some place where she could set it and do a diagnostic scan, but she wasn't quite sure how to do this. But, noticing her hairbrush on the console, she remembered she had left it there without intending to. She set the SIM card down on a surface where it wouldn't fall off or be lost, and then picked up the brush. "Ok, just gonna put this away and then I'll see about finding the diagnostic scan button.." She commented to herself.

She took her brush to her room and put it away, then returned to the console. To her surprise, she saw that the screen was active. Wondering what was going on, she took a look at it, and saw that there was a scan in progress.
"Huh?" She tried to figure that out. It was a diagnostic scan too. She looked over the console thoughtfully, and then back to the screen. "It heard me?" She was surprised to realize that the Tardis must have heard her saying what she needed to do, and started the scan for her. She smiled up at the center column thing. "You're very helpful, you know?" She commented, then felt a little silly talking to an inanimate thing. Shrugging slightly, she took a seat in one of the chairs around the console, and waited for the scan to be finished.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 11:49 am

The door of the coffee shop creaked open with the sound of a ringing bell that indicated a new arrival to the waitresses and workers inside. "Hello sir how may i help you?" Asked a wide grinned man, his approach fast as he rushed over from a table lining the window to The Doctors left hand side. "Umm..i'm here to see Lady Black" The Doctor replied; the man immediately lost his grin and glanced over to the woman in the both towards the back of the shop, "I'm sorry but i will need to ask her first before allowing you to si-" before he could finish, The Doctor already followed the man's eyes and began walking over to her booth.

"Sir!" The man called out to The Doctor, "I'm invited" The Doctor replied, already beyond recovery as he continued to walk towards her booth and was a little over half way there before the man called out to him. By this time, The Doctor's eyes had already locked onto Lady Blacks', the intense stare down presuming all the way until he sat across from her at the booth.

"You have questions" The Doctor commented, arching his eyebrow intensely as his mind worked over why this woman had been inside of the museum with him, and more importantly, what was she after. "And i'll answer any that you have...as long as you let me try and help you. You don't have to steal and rob people like you're doing...something tells me your much more than that...there's a bigger meaning behind all the shadows and lies. An ego can cover almost anything, look at these people..every single one terrified of you so they don't question..they never question those dizzy spells or hints. The perfect disguise to hide what your really doing around here. So...information for information i offer..and don't try and boss me around like you do these people, it won't work. Because if you do, i'll just leave and you won't get your answers...and wheres the fun in that."

"Got a deal then?" The Doctor asked, "Answers for answers? Your choice".
Back to top Go down
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.
Beginner
Beginner
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 12:18 pm

Ryarya's weary expression didn't falter as she locked her eyes on him, only slightly insulted by his accusation of "bossing people around." She couldn't expect him to know though because the only indication he had was seeing her experience dizziness. She closed out her digital display and crossed her arms over her chest. It was now or never that she was going to get her answers, or whatever answers he had for her. She glanced down, her true emotions coming into visual focus, revealing the lonely, afraid, and unbelievably angry woman that Lady Ryarya Black truly was.

"Those aren't orders," she began simply, looking back up to meet his gaze. "Those stories you've heard of me. Those demands you've been told I made, those are all creations, seeds that I've planted into the minds of the officers and everyone that happens to be where I am." She paused, a brief expression of guilt crossing her features before being replaced with indifference. Her harsh tone was now softer, uncertain. "It keeps everyone away from me, gives me space. I...I can't handle contact. People have been killed because of who I am." She paused again, pushing back the years of sorrow that threatened to bring tears to her eyes. "There's nothing you can do for me that anyone else hasn't already tried. There's no form of cure, suppression, or control that can fix what I am. People like me aren't meant to exist."

She brought up the scan she did on him during their car ride to the station. She balled the digital screen in her hand and gently released it above the table for him to see. She took a slow breath, obviously refusing to go into more detail on herself. "I executed a biological scan on you earlier." She was back to a business like manner though she was far more mild than she had been. "I have to admit, the results were quite...shocking, to say the least. I was under the impression that the Time Lords were extinct, but this scanner has never failed me before, so I have no reason to believe that it would now. So, Time Lord, exactly who are you?"

Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 1:24 pm

Emma watched the screen from her seat, waiting for the scan to get done. She let her thoughts drift a little as she waited, thinking over the story she had given to explain her presence in the museum. She started thinking about what Jeremiah would have been like, had he lived. She also wondered what Elisha and Nicklaus were like now. She hadn't seen them, or Michael, Megan, Elena, or Alexandriia, in years. She missed her siblings very much, and she wished she could see them, at least occassionally.

Sighing softly, Emma stood up and stretched. She checked the screen, and saw that the scan was almost done. She wondered if there was a printer or something, but she didn't see anything that could be a printer. She considered her options. She could memorize the scan results, but then she might forget something. In the end, she grabbed a notebook and wrote down everything it said on the screen.

Having finished copying the scan results down, she tore out the page and folded it up, then put that in her pocket. She put the SIM card back in her pocket with it, and then took a moment to think if she needed anything. She went to her room and grabbed the fake FBI badge she had used often, stuffing it in her pocket before she left the Tardis and set out across the street to the coffee shop.

Entering, she was greeted by the same guy who had greeted the Doctor.
"Can I help you miss?" He asked. Emma hesitated.
"Um.." She glanced around. "Just looking for my friend.." She answered, then spotted him over in the corner. "There he is." She smiled to the man and started toward the Doctor.
"Miss, you can't.."
"I'm meeting my friend." She interrupted him, then ignored his frustrated protests as she crossed the room and went to where the Doctor was sitting. As she approached, she was a little surprised to find that it was that Lady Black, from the interrogation room. Emma hesitated for half a second before smiling, just a bit nervously.

She took a seat next to the Doctor and hoped she wasn't interrupting anything, and hoping that she wasn't unwelcome.
"I think that door greeter is getting a bit frustrated." She commented with a brief glance toward the man, who looked away when he saw her looking her way. He had been frowning at her, probably giving her a dirty look for ignoring his attempts to keep her from bothering Lady Black. She really didn't care though.

While she had spoken, she had taken the paper and the SIM card out of her pocket and passed it to the Doctor, under the table where no one else could see her pass it to him. She smiled at Lady Black, wondering if she was confused about Emma's presence here.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 10:55 pm

"Then we both have something in common" The Doctor replied, relaxing as he fell back into the comfort of the booth, tucking the SIM card into his pocket at Emma had given him just moments before. "We're both not supposed to exist and out of our time because anyone from the 21st Century..well....during these years wouldn't have technology to scan me, much less tell you what i am. Then again know the condition of my people...now that's a dead give away".

Stopping, The Doctor leaned forward, a more serious look now fully displayed on his face, his eyes began to burn with the images that played throughout his mind as his mouth tried to describe the images as best it could. "I'm The Doctor" He started, "I've traveled the known and unknown universe for thousands of years..well...over two to be honest. My people....they perished in a war...a war i fought in. I fought in and ended..and now the fate of those very Time Lords that you believe to be extinct lays on my shoulders. I lost my family in that war..and friends through time. But i've saved more in return....so before you ask your device some more information about me...or think that i cannot help you...think again".

Extending out his hand, The Doctor planted it firmly on the table and out to Lady Black, "Take it" he told her, "I can establish a psychic link, not a strong one...but one strong enough for you to tell that i'm not lying and that you can trust me. It'l also give me a chance to see exactly what i'm dealing with".
Back to top Go down
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.
Beginner
Beginner
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 11:48 pm

"51st century," Ryarya confirmed when he mentioned her advanced technology in comparison to the current time's.

She listened intently to him speak, finding herself to be curious about the war that killed the Time Lords. It wasn't something that had been dwelled on during her education, but she had known that both sides had, supposedly, perished. She found it interesting that he called himself "The Doctor." It wasn't worth questioning because she was positive that he received that stereotypical question more times that one could count. Trust was something she was having difficult wrapping her mind around still. He ended the war of his people, meaning that he had, most likely, commited genocide. That was enough to make her shy away from him. Yet, had he really saved that many lives? Were the words he spoke now true enough for her to put even a tiny bit of faith in him?

When his hand extended across the table to her, she immediately leaned back in her chair and shook her head vigorously. Small flashbacks replayed in her mind of all the times she'd been placed in the care of doctors. Her pain wasn't limited to her usage of power; it awakened by the use of everyone else's. It was an automatic defense mechanism that she couldn't control. A simple touch by anyone would cause them both a severe amount of agony. She wasn't going to chance it. The last seven doctors to touch her skin wound up with severe brain damage and were hospitalized. Ryarya's heart had stopped because her brain had completely shut down to close off the contact and protect her mind. She had stayed in that state for almost a month; it was far too dangerous. She found herself doubting all the reasons why she had come here. It was already going the same way all the other attempts had. She couldn't take anymore.

"No, Doctor," she managed to say after a long moment of silence, her voice barely above a whisper. The pained expression was clear in her eyes. "You've only seen the scratched surface of what happens to me. Someone such as yourself might be able to handle the consequences of both a physical contact and psychic establishment, but we are not the same." Her pain turned into a fiery glare that could light a candle from fifty paces. "I am a human that was never supposed to exist, and yet I suffer for that every moment of every day. Your reliability may be credible, but I'm no fool. There is nothing you can do for me that hasn't already been tried, and failed. If there was something, I would have found it by now." She rose to her feet, gently kicking the chair back into its original position before starting to walk away. "As for my lifestyle, it is all I have left to hold onto. My miniature spark of hope." She took one last look at the Doctor and his companion. "Continue on whatever journey led you here before our paths crossed. We're finished here."

Her subconscious was screaming at her to turn around and take the Doctor's hand, but she beat it back viciously. She thought she could handle it, but all the failures just kept reminding her that there was nothing that could be done. She didn't have an "illness" that could simply be cured by antibiotics. Her brain was her greatest asset and her curse. Her body was a ticking time bomb of agony, and she couldn't go through all that again. As she approached her motorcycle, she paused and placed her palms  on the seat, leaning forward slightly. Had she done the right thing?
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 12:43 am

Emma wasn't quite sure what they had been talking about before she walked up, and she hoped that she hadn't interrupted a more private conversation. But neither seemed to care that she was there now, so she took that as a sign that it was alright for her to be there.

Hearing the Doctor start talking about himself and the other Timelords, Emma stayed quiet and listened, glancing at him as he spoke. She wondered what that war was about. She had heard him mention it before, but she didn't know that much about it. But she wasn't going to ask about it.

She was a bit surprised to hear Black say that she was from the 51st century. As she spoke, Emma watched her behavior, a bit puzzled by her reaction to the Doctor offering his hand. She almost acted afraid, but not as if she were afraid for herself
. It was more as if she were afraid of hurting him. Emma considered this for a moment while Lady Black stared at the Doctor across the table.

After what the woman finally said, Emma felt bad for her. She could tell a lot about her, from watching her and reading her expressions and behavior. She was reminded a lot of herself, in many ways. Like the Doctor, Emma wanted to help her in some way. She bit her lip as she watched Lady Black walk out of the coffee shop, refusing to let the Doctor try to help her.

Emma glanced at the Doctor briefly, hesitating, then she got up and went outside after her. She saw her outside, leaning on a motorcycle. Emma smiled faintly as she saw that, then bit her lip lightly, before walking closer, but staying a reasonable distance away.
"Nice bike.." She said quietly, partly just to let her know she was there, also to try and 'break the ice'.

She folded her arms and looked at Lady Black for a moment before speaking.
"Alright, I'm sure you don't want to talk to me, but I just want to tell you.. I don't know you, or your story, but I know the Doctor pretty well by now, and I can tell he wants to help you. And he's not just any doctor, he knows stuff no one on Earth could ever know. I'm sure you think you've heard everything, but you never know.. he might really be able to help. Maybe he has a solution that no one else has."

She hesitated a moment, and continued to look at her.
"But, one thing you really need to know, no matter whether anyone is able to help you or not..
is that you're wrong about thinking you weren't meant to exist." She knew how terrible it was to feel like you weren't supposed to exist, or weren't wanted. She'd experienced that feeling, growing up. "You're not a mistake or anything like that. You were born the way you are for some reason, and you shouldn't ever give up hope of living a happy life." She told her. "Will you please consider hearing him out, at least?" She finished, speaking quietly.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 10:20 am

The Doctor stayed quite, first listening to the woman reply to him then watching her leave and his friend follow after her. Although he believed he could have helped her, he began to question what she really had. His mind kept replaying the image of The Master and the mental issues he had due to be exposed to the Time Vortex as a child. "Can't be the same" He mumbled, turning his body to peer out of the window just in time to see the woman mount her bike and Emma begin to speak to her. He couldn't hear what she was saying apart from muffled words and slurs, but he could guess it was about him and his effort to aid the woman from her curse.

The Doctor released a sigh, Could you really help her Doctor? asked a voice inside his head. The words echoing throughout his consciousness with the familiar, ominous voice of The Master. Come on Doccy, be honest. The voice continued, Can you actually help this poor girl? Or just do what you did to me? Say i don't know and saunter off while i had to face my demons alone. Could you handle another death on your shoulders? Another human life that you've touched...do i need to bring up Donna Noble?. "Stop it" The Doctor hissed under his breath, lowering his head as he turned back to the table. A moment of silence ensued at the diner as Emma finished speaking with the woman and awaited an answer, and The Doctor sat staring off into the marble of the table down in front of him. With a prolonged exhale, The Doctor mustered up enough energy to rise up from the table and make his way back out, his attention now slowly shifting from the woman to what he came here for. That was until he strode out of the diner and stood beside his companion who still awaited a reply. His eyes locking onto the image of the woman once more before they danced over to the image of the TARDIS looming in the background, "Come on" he mumbled to Emma, "Sometimes time cures things better than anything".

Without another word, he began walking out towards his TARDIS, not daring to look over at the woman because he knew he would stop if he did. His mind fought with his body to turn around, but his legs kept slowly walking away, Told you so.
Back to top Go down
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.
Beginner
Beginner
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 10:58 am

Ryarya slowly turned, hearing the Doctor's companion follow after her. She sighed deeply, taking a seat on her bike and tucking one knee up to her chest, locking it in place by wrapping her arms around it. She could tell that both of them had honorable intentions. Most people did, and she wasn't turning away because she was afraid of being told "There isn't anything we can do" again. She was just trying to protect them. No one ever saw it because she erased that vision, that memory and replaced it with one of her own design. The same one that played in the minds of practically everyone in London at this point. She slowly lifted her eyes to meet the girl's as she finished speaking. "It isn't that simple," she told her gently, her tone soft now. "Everything I've done is for one purpose, and one alone. I've only ever found a temporary cure and it has long since worn off." Her eyes followed the Doctor as he told his companion to follow him. For the moment, she ignored him and focused on the young woman. Suddenly, a thought occurred, something she didn't think too much on when she saw it. The SIM card they had! That was it! "That SIM card you found in my cameras, the one you gave to him, that is your key to my psyche lock. If you haven't run a diagnostic on it already, you should. All my equipment is naturally made, it all has a literal strand of my DNA running through it. That card will tell you everything you need to know about me and what's wrong with me in addition to the components I used to create the security cameras."

Her subconscious was cheering from the back of her mind. Finally! She still couldn't believe she was doing this, but until she had seen the SIM card being handed off, she had lost her nerve. That's when the wheels began turning. When she had first developed her systems, the diagnostics were completely off. She had spent hours upon hours making adjustments and eventually added her own DNA to the components, each and every one. Since then, the discs and cards showed results identical to the medical reports she had seen as a child. It showed the extensive brain power she had, the hardened interior that had been a result of her using some of her power (though she still wasn't sure what she had done to cause it), and the fluctuations in her vitals that clearly showed that use of the entire power of her brain was the cause for her dizziness and sicknesses.

She opened up a small compartment near the handlebars on her bike. Inside were a bunch of papers and small business cards. She selected one of the cards and handed it to the young woman. "Consider yourselves lucky that you've even gotten this much from me. This is my business card. If you find anything, you know where to find me." She tapped her hidden communicator as she spoke. "That number is the passcode for a secure Comm channel. I wouldn't show up unannounced." She completely mounted her bike, kicking back the kickstand and starting the engine, which immediately roared to life. She placed two fingers to her temple in a wave, then revved the engine, taking off at a much faster speed than the road allowed.

She wondered if she had done the right thing. Obviously, the Doctor was also haunted by something which he must have revisited when she rejected his offer to help. She could relate to that. Even if she never heard from either of them again, she somehow knew that their paths would cross eventually. She had a vortex manipulator to complete.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 11:34 am

Emma glanced at the Doctor when he came out. He seemed almost depressed, and she frowned slightly in concern for his mood, but she didn't want to come away just yet. She couldn't stand the idea of giving up on someone so easily. She wanted to at least wait and see what she said.

After watching the Doctor go into the Tardis, Emma turned back to Lady Black. As the other woman suddenly thought of an idea, Emma listened closely as she explained about the SIM card having her DNA in it. She didn't understand too much about the psyche lock she was talking about, but she figured the Doctor would know, so she made sure to remember it. She nodded as Lady Black gave her the necessary information.

As Emma was handed a card, she accepted it.
"Thanks. I'll tell the Doctor." She said. She smiled as she watched Lady Black drive off on her bike, then Emma glanced both ways before she crossed the street. She couldn't help feeling happy that she had managed to get some information to help the Doctor help the woman.

As she entered the Tardis to rejoin the Doctor, Emma smiled at him.
"Hey, cheer up. I got some info for you." She told him, handing him the card. "She said the SIM card has her DNA in it, and you can use it to find out what's wrong with her, as well as finding out how she made the security cameras. And she said you can use it as a key to her psyche lock, whatever that means, and she said the card will not only let us know how to find her, but it also has a number on it that's a passcode for a secure communications channel, so we can let her know before we come see her."

Having finished relaying the information to the Doctor, Emma folded her arms and leaned against one of the beam thingies that were around the console, smiling a little at him.
"Also, did the diagnostic thingy tell you anything you wanted to know?" She asked curiously. She had left the results up on the screen as well as copying it down on paper, so he should've had time to look at one or the other by now.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 10:34 pm

The Doctor shrugged, putting the SIM card into a slot under the scanner, stepped back and crossed his arms as it began to analyze the data. The results displayed on the scanner within a few seconds of analyzing. It was as if the TARDIS had seen it before. And it had. The Doctor leaned closer, unfolding his arms to hold the scanner at both sides, "Hold on..that can't be right" he mumbled, turning his attention to the keyboard and ordered it to redo the analysis. A few seconds passed then the same results displayed.

The Doctor released a sigh and pulled back to an up right position, "She's one of them.." he whispered, his mind suddenly connecting to what he had taken from the museum and he bolted over to his trench coat. Yanking out the Baghdad battery from one of the pockets, The Doctor walked back to the control console and sat it down next to the scanner. Squatting down, The Doctor began to work on taking a series of wires out of a compartment, "Emma" he called back behind him, putting a few wires in his mouth and carrying the rest in his hand. Placing the wires on the control console next to the battery, The Doctor flipped out his sonic screwdriver, "Instead of watching me being clever, which i really do appreciate..i need you to call that girl. I've got a feeling...this has something way bigger than just when she was born." he began to trail off towards the end as he sonic'd the ends of the wires before hooking them up to the battery.
Back to top Go down
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.
Beginner
Beginner
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 11:26 pm

Ryarya was surprised to find that she was exhausted. After what had seemed like an endless night, she couldn't believe she wasn't all that interested in examining her treasure at a closer distance. Her bike was parked securely in her enormous garage and she had heightened her security scanners to ensure that the entire mansion was safe, at least for the night. She hung her coat up on the rack closest to the her bedroom door and went into her bathroom to turn on the shower. She hadn't kept any cold water on, so the room began to fog almost instantly. Picking up a small remote sitting on the edge of the bathroom counter, she clicked one of the small black buttons and music began to play softly through the speakers she had installed when she first moved in. The song that was playing was one that she remembered her mother singing to her when she was a little girl. It was something that had been passed down through the generations, apparently.

The noble thief allowed the hot water to rush down her skin and relax her aching muscles. She knew it was from her usage of mental perception control, but the effects still took their toll and she had to take care of that first. It, honestly, felt good to relax since she didn't find herself with much leisure time to begin with. She didn't really have time to dance anymore. The thought made her sigh heavily. She loved to dance; she used to dance all the time when she was young. Her mother would always encourage her to and then her father would join in, and soon, they were all dancing. She remembered the smiles and the laughter. Things had seemed so simple then; everything was so easy. Even with her parents both belonging to the Time Agent profession, she was still able to enjoy her time growing up. They always took her with them, so she got to experience something that most children never did. She supposed her parents had wanted her to join them in the workforce when she was old enough. They never did get the chance. She suddenly paused, her mind whirling with emotion. Would they be proud of the woman she had become?

The first song was still playing by the time she decided that she wasn't as filthy as she had been when she walked in the front door. She wrapped a towel around her and went about finding something to wear for the rest of the evening. Digging through her dresser, she located a pair of black running shorts, an olive green camisole, and her black zip-up hoodie that she usually just rolled up the sleeves on. She figured that she wasn't going anywhere else, so she decided against socks and walked about in her bare feet. Her hair would air dry in the same way that it was when she styled it everyday, so she quickly dried it with her towel and headed down to her lab for a quick check on her loot before she went to sleep.

Contrary to popular belief, Ryarya didn't live alone. She preferred as less company as possible, but the idea of being completely alone terrified her, so she kept a companion in her large estate: an Akita named Myoshi. Myoshi was a six year old former stray that Ryarya had picked up on one her heists about a year ago. The dog was an absolute sweetheart with Ryarya, but she became an instant guard dog around everyone else. She held down the fort while her owner was out on cases or heists. As Arya reached the foyer, she was greeted by a jumping hug from her companion. She laughed. "Easy, girl. Easy. I missed you too." The Akita barked in response, nuzzling Ryarya's leg with her fluffy head. "Come on, let's go take a quick look at our new power source, hm?"

Arya tapped three different notes on her grand piano at the edge of her foyer, which unlocked the door underneath the stairs. Behind the door was a dark, narrow stairwell that led down to her lab. She flicked on the light and began descending the steps with Myoshi trailing behind her. Lining the walls were the only remnants the noble thief had of her childhood. Pictures upon pictures of Ryarya and her family were hung neatly in a variety of fancy frames on each wall. She called it her "gallery." It served as a reminder of what all this was really for, just to ensure that she never lost sight of what her true objective was.

The lights in the lab automatically turned on as she stepped foot on the ground floor, which was made up of poured concrete. Several large cases of stolen antiques, alien weapons, and foreign technology decorated the walls, illuminated only by the neon green LED lights installed inside each case. The large metal table in the center of the room was her work space. It was very neatly organized and had her new treasure sitting in the very middle and hooked up to several charging ports connecting to the floor outlets. It's glow was becoming brighter yet it was still a bit dull. She quirked an eyebrow. "I know you don't take that long to charge up," she said as she leaned her chin in her palm. "I guess I need to upgrade some things."

Her gaze drifted over to the small Comm box on the far edge of the table. It was silent tonight. Without really knowing why, she found herself slightly disappointed. She had hoped that the Doctor would have found something relatively quickly. It was a little too much to hope, but she couldn't prevent herself from wondering if his offer was genuine in nature. She knew he was telling the truth, but did he really thing he could fix something that was written in one's genetics? Being a science experiment was something she absolutely refused to become. She was the one who conducted the experiment, not became it, so she prayed that if something was found, it wouldn't involve that.

Never give up home, my dear Ary, her mother had once told her as they were preparing to use her father's vortex manipulator for the last time. Regardless of what happens, you will always be special. We'll find the answer someday so long as we both keep believing that the truth is there. She smiled a half-hearted smile, remembering her mother's gentle nature. I must have lost that hope along the way, Mother. I tried so hard. But, I think I may have found some help now. Maybe you were right after all.

Myoshi's sudden angry bark brought Ryarya out of her thoughts and she turned to face the dog, her expression quizzical. She was pawing at the security screens, growling deep in her throat, but there was nothing on the screen. "Hmm, well, that's interesting," she mumbled, swiping a pair of her thick reading glasses from the shelf above the computer screens and settling them on the bridge of her nose. "Go have a look, Yoshi. See what you can find and bring it back to me." The dog rushed back up the stairwell in a flash, growling the entire time while Ryarya examined her screen. It was definitely picking up something, but what?
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 12:31 am

Emma watched as the Doctor began working, though she wasn't quite sure what he was doing. It looked like he was doing the diagnostic scan thing again, but she wasn't sure. She was still leaning against the beam thingy with her arms folded, watching what he was doing. She was trying to pay attention so she could learn stuff, so that she could be more useful in the future.

Though she was still watching, she started to let her mind drift off on other thoughts. She remembered what had woken her up earlier, which had been part of the reason she had gone looking for the Doctor. She had originally just wanted to talk, but now she didn't think she wanted to talk about it, especially now that they were busy with this and everything.

Hearing her name made Emma snap out of her thoughts. She looked back at the Doctor as he asked her to call the girl instead of watching him being clever. Emma couldn't help a small smirk.
"Oh, so I'm not enough of an audience for you? Need more girls to show off your cleverness to?" She asked teasingly. She rolled her eyes a little and retrieved the card, smiling a little at him to let him know she was just joking.

She dialed the number, using her cell phone. She watched what the Doctor was doing as she waited for an answer. She wasn't quite she what she was supposed to tell her, so she decided that if and when someone answered, she would let the Doctor do the talking.
"I'm putting it on speaker, so you can say whatever you want to say and hear it and everything." She told him. She held the button and when she heard the little noise indicating that it was on speaker phone, she set the cell phone down on the console near where the Doctor was working but hopefully out of the way.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 11:06 pm

The Doctor waited until he heard the beep echo from the speaker on the phone before leaning in to leave his message, "Lady Black! It's The Doctor! I need you to call me back on this phone number! It's very important! I found information but you're in danger! Whatever you do, don't leave your house!". With that, he tapped the hang up button with the edge of his shoe, hiking his leg up on the edge of the console just to turn off the phone before turning his attention back to the object he took from the museum. Placing two wires around the top of the battery then hooking up the remaining three to spaces in the control console, The Doctor pulled over the scanner, "Alright then! Let's see what we've got here".

Yanking down a small lever to his left, The Doctor kept his eyes focused on the scanner, his eyebrow arching with intensity as the TARDIS began to do its work. "Emma. Keep an eye on that phone, as soon as she calls back type in her phone number into the keyboard, pump the helmet regulator and then yank down the main lever. The TARDIS can track the call and land somewhere close to her home...well..i hope" He called back behind him to Emma, his eyes still locked on the scanner. Suddenly the battery began to glow, brightening then fading the next second then brightening once more in a cycle. The scanner lit up with life and an array of data that came pouring in, images of radio waves and a faint sound began to come through.

42 BC...September...3rd The voice whimpered through the scanner, scratchy and hardly audible but enough for The Doctor to understand and lock into his mind as the process came to an end. The battery dimmed down one final time; allowing the TARDIS to focus all its attention on the call and tracking the location down as it's pilot began to undo all the wires he had organized. Quickly untying them and shoving them back into the compartment, "Anything yet Emma?" The Doctor called up as he tucked away the last remaining hand full of wires before standing up straight and glancing over at her as he pulled over the scanner.
Back to top Go down
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.
Beginner
Beginner
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 1:22 am

"Yeep!" Ryarya exclaimed quietly as her Comm speaker beeped to indicate its connection to the secure channel. She heard the Doctor's voice over the line telling to call him back and that she was in danger. She tilted her head slightly to the side just a puppy would if it were confused by a command its owner had just given it. Danger? Her life seemed as if it were in constant danger, so that really wasn't much of a surprise. What was interesting was, specifically, what kind of danger she was in this time. Myoshi's angry barks from upstairs reminded the thief that the Doctor could easily enter the boundaries of her property. He, of course, had a TARDIS. It had taken her a little bit to figure it out, but she knew now that the police booth she had found earlier in the alley was actually a TARDIS with a broken chameleon circuit.

Time to work my magic, she thought excitedly, feeling that familiar surge of adrenaline that kept her going in tough spots. It was the joy of adventure, even if the adventure itself was life threatening. She pulled the universal keyboard towards and began furiously tapping the keys, which clacked loudly with their understanding of her purpose. Her fingers were a blur over them as she lowered the communications barrier around her estate and increased the reading distance on the motion sensors placed at strategic points all over the mansion grounds. She took a small wire that was attached to the only monitor that was turned off and plugged it into the AUX port on her mobile. The monitor lit up just as the screen on her phone did with a symbol that Ryarya had copyrighted a year before she began her journey through time. It was her own personal symbol.

"Welcome, Arya," said the electronic voice she had customized to sound like a normal human conversation with more propriety. She tapped a few more keys as she began to speak quickly, another habit she had developed whenever she was onto something. "Lower communications barrier and boost the tracking signal through all US and Soviet satellites. Lock onto TARDIS base code and transmit signal through the mobile." The computer began running automatic diagnostics according to her instructions before completing each task individually. When the operation was complete, she pulled up the number that the Doctor had transmitted from and hit the dial button on her mobile. She waited patiently, pushing her glasses further up on her nose. "That's a Time Lord for you," she sighed in amusement. "They never do anything the easy way." She glanced back at the stairwell for a moment. "Yoshi," she called in a firm tone so that her companion could hear her, "We have guests coming. Make sure to greet them properly and show them down to the lab." A single bark answered her.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 2:24 pm

Emma frowned and raised an eyebrow a little as she watched the Doctor attempt to end the call using his foot.
"Um, there's no need to kick my cell phone. I can get it, thanks." She told him, grabbing the mobile device from the console before he could knock it off or smash it or something, with his shoe. She turned the speaker phone off and closed it to end the call, before putting it back in her pocket.

"I'm sure I'll be aware if the phone rings." She assured him, watching as he did stuff on the console. She tried to remember his exact instructions for if she called back. Keyboard, easy to find. She could do that easily. But what was a helmet regulator? She looked around at the instruments covering the console, trying to decide what that might be. She bit her lip lightly as she studied the objects. "Um.. is that this thing here?" She asked a bit hesitantly, pointing to what she thought was the helmet regulator.

After this was either confirmed or corrected, Emma made a mental note to remember what it was, then glanced around to find the 'main lever' that he had mentioned. It was probably that big one there. Surely, the big lever would be the main one.

Glancing over at the scanner where the Doctor was working, she wondered what 42 BC had to do with anything. Before she had a chance to ask, the Doctor asked if there was a call back yet.
"No, not yet. I'd have mentioned it if she had, you know.." She pointed out, rolling her eyes slightly at his impatience. Sometimes he was like a little kid, she thought with a small smile.

Just then her phone started ringing, and she glanced at it.

"And there she is.." She smiled at the Doctor and put it on speaker again, while she quickly typed in the number on the keyboard and did the thing with the helmet regulator, then paused to glance questioningly at the Doctor with her hand on the lever she thought was the right one. When this was either confirmed or corrected, she pulled the correct lever as he had instructed and then waited to see what happened, slightly nervous but also slightly excited.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 10:06 pm

The TARDIS roared, obeying Emma's orders as if she were The Doctor, one moment in the alley, the next spiraling through the time vortex and locking onto the location of the phone signal easily thanks to Lady Blacks aid. The Doctor smirked, glancing over to Emma as he watched her man the controls before his mind and eyes shifted back to the scanner and the readings from the SIM card and the battery. Both data slots placed next to each other on the screen for The Doctor to view, until the sound of the TARDIS landing echoed through the interior with one final groan from the engines and a slight thrust forward.

The Doctor released a sigh, taking off his glasses and rubbing his nose as he tucked them away and walked towards the door, pausing once beside Emma. "Stay close" He mumbled, looking up as he stopped rubbing, "I haven't felt this way about something in a long time...and the last time..just...don't wonder off. Stick close, call out whatever you see...if everything goes to plan..we'l be back here within ten minutes at the most. This time period isn't safe right now". Without another word, The Doctor walked towards the doors and stepped out, leaving one slightly open for Emma to follow. Immediately The Doctor turned his attention to the sky, a series of dark clouds now looming over them; The Doctor squinted, a frown now planted on his face, "Not now" he hissed under his breath.

The sound of a dog barking suddenly caught The Doctor's attention, shifting it to the door in front of him, an enormous building loomed over them. A garage to the right and a seemingly endless garden behind the infamous blue box. Security cameras danced over to the figure of The Doctor and his TARDIS, locking onto him as he approached the door. As he reached to knock, the sound of a dog barking caused him to hesitate, pausing for a second before knocking twice then lowering his arm down to his side. "Funny enough.." The Doctor commented out loud, guessing Emma was behind him, or at least hoping she was, "The size of the interior of my TARDIS is about five of her mansions..and maybe a three gardens give or take..the pool gets bigger sometimes with the desktop change".
Back to top Go down
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.
Beginner
Beginner
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 10:34 pm

The door to Ryarya's mansion was linked to her laboratory computers, just as everything else was. It swung open smoothly and without sound, giving both the Doctor and Emma a good view of Myoshi, who stood like a sentinel at the door. A low growl rumbled deep in her chest as she lowered her head, eyes filled with uncertainty as she stared at the two newcomers. She barked three times, a signal to Ryarya that company had arrived at the front door. Each entry point had a different signal. Arya's voice echoed over the speakers lining the columns out by the porch. "Come on inside," she stated simply from her spot in the lab. "Use the racks on either side of the door to hang your coats, if you wish. Follow Myoshi. She'll lead you to me, but be warned, she doesn't particularly like strangers, so don't give her a reason to bite." The dog growled again as if to illustrate her owner's point. She waited patiently for the two to enter the establishment before leading them through the Victorian style foyer and living room to the lab, looking back every now and then to make sure they were still following close behind her and not touching anything.

Ryarya's attention was back on her newly acquired treasure. It was, obviously, not charging nearly as quickly as it should be. That meant it was a dying cell, which also made it useless to her endeavor. She knelt down underneath the metal table and began playing with the wires that connected to all the electrical outlets she used to charge things down here. Some of the wires were older now, having been used consecutively for the past few years. The tips to some were frayed and broken, but still emitted a steady electric pulse through the outlet. It was rather frustrating. She was beginning to hate this time period. She missed having the more advanced methods of doing, essentially, everything. She picked up the cube, rolling it between her hands for a long moment as if wondering what to do with it. Turning on her heel, she moved back over to where her mobile was connected to the diagnostic monitor. She replaced her phone with the power cell and tapped a few keys to begin the diagnostic scan on it in comparison to the other components she had already assembled for her vortex manipulator project.

It beeped once. A positive match. "Very helpful," she told it sarcastically with a roll of her eyes. She pushed her thick glasses up again. "I know it's compatible already." Shaking her head, she got up and disconnected the cube, deciding that her conversation with the Doctor took precedence over her project. She made a mental note to look into it later as she opened up a small glass case in one of shelves to place the cube in until she needed it again. A scratch at the door told her that her guests were on their way down as instructed, so she went back to the computer and began reversing all the adjustments she'd made to help the TARDIS locate her exact position.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 11:28 pm

Emma quickly grabbed onto something as the Tardis took off. She looked over at the Doctor with her eyes slightly widened.
"Did I just.. Am I flying the Tardis?" She asked, surprised. She wondered if it was really that easy, and if he let all of his friends do this. She really hoped she didn't do anything wrong; she would hate to be at fault if anything went wrong with the Tardis.

After it landed, Emma glanced around a bit to make sure everything looked intact. She smiled and then went to join the Doctor as he left the Tardis.
"So, we're there?" She asked, stepping out the door that he left open. She pushed it closed behind her and then took a look around, feeling rather impressed by this place. The Doctor was saying it would be about five of these mansions to compare to the size of the Tardis. Emma looked over the place thoughtfully before replying.
"That's very big.." She spoke softly, a little awed by the size of the place.

She hurried to catch up to the Doctor, as he had already started to walk toward the door, and she heard him telling her not to wander off and to stick close. And something about the time period not being safe right now. Emma gave him an inquisitive look when he said that, but before she could ask what he meant she noticed him frowning up at the sky. She looked up as well and saw the dark clouds. Looking back down to the Doctor, Emma maintainted her inquisitive expression.
"I'm sure you'll be safely inside by the time the storm starts, so you won't have to worry about melting in the rain." She told him, joking, but she did wonder what he found so worrying about some dark clouds. After a moment's hesitation, she asked, "What's wrong? Is it more than just a storm?" She frowned a little, looking concerned.

Hearing the dog, Emma wondered if there was any need to worry about being attacked. Before she had too much time to wonder about it, the door opened and she heard Lady Black's voice over an intercom, telling them to hang their coats on the rack and follow the dog. Emma glanced at the wall where the racks were said to be, but decided to keep her jacket on. For all she knew, they may have to make a quick exit from this place, and she didn't want to have to slow things down by going to grab her jacket. She also didn't want to risk losing her jacket. She liked this jacket, it fit her nicely and she liked how it looked on her.

Emma followed the Doctor down the hall, wondering how the dog was so well trained as to actually lead the way to where her master was, and she also wondered if there might be more to the dog than met the eye. Maybe it was an outer space, futuristic dog that was smarter than dogs Emma was used to. She really had no idea, but it was a somewhat amusing thought, as she walked along the hallways with the Doctor, glancing around at the stuff decorating the place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As Thick As Thieves
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Open RP's-
Jump to: