Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_vote_lcapAs Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_voting_barAs Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_vote_lcapAs Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_voting_barAs Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

As Thick As Thieves

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 11:30 pm

"If you can see out of the windows, keep an eye on that storm for me...let me know if anything chances" The Doctor whispered back to Emma as they continued to follow the loyal canine to its masters location. Stopping, the dog looked back at the two guests then back to the door to scratch it then saunter off casually past them. Watching the dog until it turned the corner, The Doctor arched his eyebrow curiously then turned his attention back to the door, "I think that means we're allowed through" he told Emma, reaching for the door handle and twisting it open slowly.

The door opened amazing quite and soft compared that of the TARDIS', then again there were an infinite amount of doors that opened quieter than The Doctor's time machines. The Doctor chuckled slightly at the thought of the sound his time machines doors made when opened; a random thought but one that calmed his mind as he walked down the stairs ending in a laboratory with Lady Black at the helm. The Doctor was instantly diverted by the various scattered components, his glasses and interest flipped on as he rushed from one corner of the room to the other like a boy in a toy store. "Oooh!! Look at that!" The Doctor exclaimed, "Partial space time defibrillators! Now that's impressive! With technology from this time period..ohoho! That's brilliant...well...slightly less since i know what you are".

The Doctor stopped at the last part, turning his attention away from the technology and onto Lady Black, "I was in the museum to get a long lost technology from my people..well..made by my people. Telepathic recorders designed to fit in plain sight..now commonly classified as Baghdad bombs. Most importantly was the information on the one i picked up...information on a species that matches that code you gave me..i had the TARDIS search everything in its database...and it found a match. But i need you to come with me, you're in danger here and if we don't leave soon there's going to be trouble".
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.
Beginner
Beginner
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 12:54 am

Ryarya looked up as she heard the Doctor exclaim his interest by rushing about her laboratory like a school child. She couldn't help but smile at his reaction. It was remarkably similar to her own once her parents had let her in on all the Time Agent missions they frequently left on. She looked back at the stairwell to make sure that his companion was following since she'd been at the door as well. The look she gave her clearly asked in an amused way, "Is he always this excitable?" Myoshi nuzzled her leg as she circled her master in greeting and sat down beside her, also watching the Doctor. She growled low to show her disapproval of his interest of all the artifacts in the lab, but she would never attack unless Ryarya gave her the order to. The noble watched as she came close to the shelf where she kept her work in progress, the vortex manipulator.

"Please keep your distance," she said mildly as she completely turned away from the monitor and moved to the metal table in the center of the room. "Everything in this room has a certain value, and must be kept exactly as they are until I need them." She listened to him as he spoke, revealing his reasoning for also breaking into the museum at the exact time she had. It didn't really surprise her until he mentioned finding a species match through the TARDIS database and that she should leave with him. She frowned, her eyes narrowed behind her glasses. "Danger by means of what exactly?" she inquired suspiciously. Her feet began to automatically circle around to the other side of the table where the Doctor now stood facing her. "I realize that you are of prestigious decent by your genetics, but that does not mean I trust you. What makes you think there is danger here upon me that I am not capable of handling without your assistance?"

Myoshi gave a worried whine from across the room that startled Ryarya for a fraction of a second. She faced her companion, who was standing on her hind legs and looking at the security monitors. "What is it, Yoshi?" she asked as her eyes traveled across the screen, reading the data it was providing and watching the outside. Since the lab had no windows, and was basically a basement, Ryarya had built in security monitors that linked to the cameras upstairs. They were large squares made to look exactly like windows but weren't. She studied the screen for a long moment, almost forgetting the Doctor and his companion were even there. "Hmm," she said aloud, her prodigy mind overcoming her every sense. She was unusually quick and constantly doing several things at a time in this state. The entirety of her brain power allowed her to focus on multiple tasks easily.

"Now this is interesting," she continued, her brain processing everything within seconds and transmitting that information to her vocal chords, which formed the words from her mouth faster than most other humans could think. "A simple storm? No, no, no...that would far to simple, no. It looks like a storm yet isn't, but appears to be the untrained civilian eye. Not too shabby, not bad at all." She turned back to the table and pulled one of the flat keyboards close to her and typing in the lab's voice activation code. "Let me get a closer look at you, shall I?" she said brightly with a smile, the adrenaline of an adventure bringing out the full American purr of her voice which demolished the English accent she'd been using to blend in with the civilians of this time period. "Open double reflector skylight panels." The individual, rectangular panels of the ceiling began to slide back into the two sliders on either side closest to the connecting walls. Each panel that was exposed held the exact same function as Ryarya's thief coat. To the outside, it would appear as though nothing about the mansion had changed. To everyone in the lab, they could now see the sky and the storm that was slowly beginning to loom over them. Myoshi whined again, and the scanner began blinking red with the silent alarm. Ryarya chuckled lightly. "Cute." Her gaze descended until she locked eyes with the Doctor and his companion. "Is that the danger you were speaking of?"
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

Location : In the Tardis! | Brooke: In the Tardis Library, of course.

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 12:44 pm

Emma nodded slightly in reply to the Doctor asking her to keep an eye on the storm. However, when they entered the basement, she looked around for windows and only saw squares that were made to look like windows. She frowned slightly. How could she keep an eye on the storm if there weren't any windows? She bit her lip lightly and debated about going outside to watch it so she could report to the Doctor if anything changed, but she wasn't sure if she knew the way back out to the front door, and also, if she went outside she would miss what happened in here.

As soon as they entered the basement lab, Emma watched in amusement as the Doctor rushed around in excitement, like a kid in a toy store. She caught the look that Lady Black gave her, and smiled a little with a tiny nod in reply to the unspoken question. She clasped her hands behind her back and listened as the Doctor spoke to Lady Black, glancing around the room without moving from where she stood. 

Emma still wondered what the danger was that the Doctor was referring to. She moved a bit closer to where the Doctor was, looking upward at the view of the storm clouds.
"What is it?" She asked quietly. A storm didn't sound that bad, and she wondered if maybe Lady Black wasn't human, and maybe the rain or something would be dangerous to her? But that didn't make sense, and even Lady Black didn't seem concerned about the storm clouds, and said something about it not being a real storm as she opened some skylight panels to allow them to see the sky above. Emma wondered what the danger was. She glanced curiously at the Doctor, wondering if she was missing something. What was that in the sky, if not a storm?

Folding her arms, she tried to think of why a storm would be so dangerous that they would need to get out of here. This was a basement, surely this would be a safe place to be if it were a hurricane even, so why did he want them to leave? She was sure there was a reason, she just couldn't think of what it was. But she thought it best to help convince Lady Black that they needed to go, so she tried to think of some argument. 

"The Doctor knows what he's talking about, I think you should listen to him." She told her. "Whatever the danger is, it's probably alien or unnatural in some way, so we're probably not safe in here, however strong or reinforced these walls might be, we can take you somewhere that's like a hundred times better and safer." She glanced at the Doctor, not sure if she should say any more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorcking.com
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 9:48 pm

((Skip))
Back to top Go down
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.
Beginner
Beginner
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 10:16 pm

If there was ever two words that would describe Ryarya, it would be adventurous and curious. Her curiosity had, obviously, gotten her into trouble yet again, but she didn't seem to mind this time. The danger could very well be fatal, but she had a feeling that the Doctor also thrived on the adventures that involved life threatening situations. It sounded like it if he was willing to break into a museum just to get a lost technology of his people. She thought back to his words for a moment. He had mentioned it, but she never actually saw him take anything from the display cases in the room in which they had encountered each other. What had he been on about?

As the Doctor's companion took the reins in attempt to sway her to listen to the Doctor, Ryarya considered her options. That storm definitely didn't seem friendly, but she wasn't able to pick up exactly what it was. The Doctor seemed to know, so perhaps it would be in her best interest to follow just this once. A thought that made her cringe inwardly. She hated not leading because it usually led to deception or worse. That's why she normally led in everything she did, but her intuition was demanding that she listen to reason for once. The simple fact of the matter was that the Doctor knew what was going on and she didn't, which was a first. The only way to guarantee her survival was to follow him and go where he was insisting they go. She was silent for a long moment after all words had been exchanged. Finally, she spoke. "Alright, you've piqued my interest, at the very least," she said with an exasperated sigh. "I'll accompany you, but there will not be any physical contact or psychic links if we both wish to survive...and I'm going to want answers."

She tapped a few keys on the keyboard to close the skylight panels, then turned to a small circled displayed across the floor. She stepped onto it and it blinked automatically with her presence. A neon blue, circular tube ran up the length of her body, replacing her comfortable clothes with her usual thief attire. It was a neat little device she found quite handy in hurried times. Myoshi wandered over to one the cases behind the Doctor and his companion. She pawed a button on the edge of the shelf, which opened the case with a soft beep. She grabbed hold of the contents and moved back to her master, nudging Ryarya's leg with her furry head. What she had grabbed were the noble's most treasured weapons, the shock pistols. Ryarya took them and twirled them into their holsters at her thighs. She nodded to the display cases as she addressed her two guests "If you need weapons, choose from only those two cases behind you. That's where I keep all the working ones," she explained as she suited up, placing her watch back on her wrist and strapping on the prototype vortex manipulator she had finished about a week ago. It really only served as a short distance teleport. "I wouldn't recommend the Laser Switch on the top shelf though. It's main component is a Dalek beam distributor...bit unstable."

She wasn't sure if their conversation would end up being held here or wherever the Doctor wished to take her, but she found no reason not to be prepared. Myoshi knew that she needed to watch the manor whenever Ryarya suited up, so she didn't need to speak any instructions. As she adjusted the hood on her thief coat, it's camouflage lining on the inside reflecting the light of the room, she addressed the Doctor and his companion, "By your lead."
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 6:53 pm

Emma was surprised when Lady Black agreed to come with them. She had expected there to be more attempts to convince her, but maybe she wasn't as stubborn as Emma had thought she was. She watched as the woman started closing down her lab and doing things that took up more time. She couldn't help thinking that if they were in danger, it might be a good idea to hurry, before it was too late.

She bit her lip as she waited, trying not to be impatient. She wasn't even sure if there was a major rush, but from the way the Doctor was speaking about it, she did think it sounded like they should hurry. She watched the woman go around her lab turning things off and typing in passwords, or whatever she was doing. The dog seemed like it was really well trained, also. As Emma watched, it went and got something for Lady Black, and just overall seemed like it was being helpful, instead of hindering like the dog that Emma's stepdad had a tendency to do.

Then the woman offered them weapons from her arsenal, and Emma raised an eyebrow, frowning slightly at the mention of a dalek laser. She glanced at the Doctor, and then looked back at Lady Black.
"I'm fine, thanks." She told her. She didn't really need a weapon, but if she did, she would prefer to have something that she knew how to use, and she didn't think alien guns were going to be in the category of weapons she knew how to use, unless they used the same guns as the FBI and police and people like that used.

Once that was all settled, Emma was a little glad when the woman said for them to lead the way. Since Emma wasn't totally positive on the way out of the mansion, she decided it would be best to let the Doctor lead. Nodding slightly to him, she indicated that she was letting him lead the way, and then waited for him to go before she would follow him back to the Tardis.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 11:53 pm

The Doctor simply watched in silence, his eyes dancing over the various boxes and crates containing alien artifacts, the thought of what could be inside intrigued him to no end. None more significantly than the reference to his arch nemesis; pulling his attention to them even more before the final words of Lady Black snapped him out of his gaze. "Right" He mumbled, looking back to Emma then to Lady Black, "Allons-y". Turning, The Doctor quickly jogged back up the stairs, his mind falling back into deep thought about where they were going and the danger that loomed over them at this very moment. Before he knew it, The Doctor had already reached the front door and its automatic sensors opened it for him.

The storm was no an centerpiece of the front lawn, changing the previous light heart mood to that of grey and sadness. The Doctor arched his eye and took a firm stance at the bottom of the steps as the wind from the storm began to increase rapidly, "Emma. Get her into the TARDIS" The Doctor ordered. His voice stern and strict as he flipped out his sonic screwdriver and held it firmly in his hand, "If you're going to attack me do it now and don't play games" he hissed, "I read your legends in the academy...i've known about you for thousands of years. But know my legend and who i am..then i'll say again. If you're going to attack me do it now...don't play games with me".

The cloud wavered, it's larger form still emitting an ominous glow but still standing off from engulfing the sky around The Doctor and the mansion behind him. After a few seconds of waiting, The Doctor turned and walked back to the TARDIS, half of his instincts telling him to bolt into his time machine, the other half telling him to play it cool and be casual. The Doctor did just that, played it cool up until the last foot where he quickly slipped in and locked the door behind him. "Better leave before they change their minds" The Doctor commented out loud, tucking his trusty device away as he jogged up to the controls, immediately locating the main lever then glancing up and around to Emma and Lady Black, "Hold on tight". Grinning suddenly, The Doctor yanked the lever down, sending the TARDIS into a thrust filled journey as it roared through time and space. Once finding its destination, the thrusts became less frequent until stopping completely as they landed.

Quickly jumping to the edge of the ramp, "Best let me go out first..." he told Emma and Lady Black, "Oh and..best lower the hood. It's a sign of disrespect to the people you're about to meet". Turning around, The Doctor strode down to the door, slowly opened it and then stepped out. Immediately the forms of two muscular brown toned men caught The Doctor's attention. Their exposed arms and legs showing just how built they were. From their attire one could immediately associate them with Egyptian, if their clothes didn't give it away, then their spears and decor around them surely did. Coughing, The Doctor grabbed the guards attention, their spears aimed at The Doctor's neck as he flung his hands to his side. "It's me it's me. It's The Doctor" The Doctor pleaded, "See, look. Blue box, just a different face..well..a few since i was last here. Cleopatra called me" he added. The guards looked at one another, "Blue..box man" they concluded, lowering their spears, "It is urgent, the message was sent weeks ago..your late..again. Please, come with us, we shall take you to the Pharaoh" they insisted, turning and beginning to walk down the long hall in front of them. "Emma...Lady Black..welcome to Ancient Egypt" The Doctor mumbled back to them, placing his hands nonchalantly into his pockets and following the two guards.
Back to top Go down
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.
Beginner
Beginner
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 12:19 am

The Doctor's interest in her Laser Switch didn't go unnoticed as the words left Ryarya's mouth. She knew of the Time War and how both sides were, according to legend, exterminated. How humorous it was that a Time Lord was now taking her somewhere to "help." She vaguely wondered where, but she wasn't about to go unprepared. As he began to race back up the steps to the manor's ground floor, she focused her energy on the Laser Switch, linking the molecules in its casing to her mind. She pictured it floating over to her open hand, exactly what the device did. It was a little unstable as she said, but it had helped her out of a tight spot before. For all she knew, she could be willingly walking into a trap. She wasn't about to go unprepared. Myoshi whined loudly, insisting she accompany her master up the stairs and out of the lab. Ryarya was grateful for that. She wished she could take her loyal companion with her.

The mechanics in the manor could tell when the master of the house wasn't there. It shut behind the trio with a soft click. She was accustomed to rainy days normally, but even she could tell that something wasn't quite right with this storm. It just felt different from all the ones she had experienced in the past. Still, there was something that was all too familiar about it, and she couldn't shake the feeling that this had happened before. Perhaps it had. After all, she had traveled to a number of time periods and fought a variety of foes, humans and aliens alike. It was very probable that whatever was happening now was something she had already lived through before. She kept her usual calm and cool manner, however. Getting upset or freaking out wasn't going to help anyone. In her case, it might have the opposite effect of killing everyone. That was a scenario best left untouched. She strolled past the Doctor as he began talking to, she assumed, the storm with a roll of her eyes as she placed her hood atop her head. It was a protective instinct and provided her with a minimal amount of security. She welcomed it, regardless.

Her eyes scanned the TARDIS as though it were a monster with two heads. Was she really about to go through with this? Her heart had made up her mind before her mind had, apparently. She entered the small doors without a word and not even the slightest interest in the fact that the booth was much larger inside than out. Honestly, she didn't care as long as it did what it was supposed to. She watched intently as the Doctor took up command of the controls and they began their journey through time. Her head began to throb almost immediately, sending her vision into a blurry swirl with every motion of the TARDIS. Time travel always had that effect on her. It had ever since she was little. She could feel the slight nausea take hold of her insides and she lifted her index finger to her temple in an futile attempt to push back the ache. She was also hoping the gesture went unnoticed by the Doctor and his companion. Her condition didn't need any more attention brought to it. At one point, she fell back against the rail, holding onto it with all her strength. She was glad it was there for additional support. Without it, she might have collapsed completely.

When the TARDIS reached its destination, she obeyed the Doctor's instruction to remove her hood in regards to respect. Her guess was correct as she stepped out onto the Egyptian landscape. She remembered coming to Egypt. Not during this particular time period, of course, but she had been to Egypt before. For once, she was glad no one would know who she was. It was a breath of fresh air to not be known for acts she hadn't actually committed. She also had a feeling that the Doctor wouldn't approve of her creating that image in the minds of the locals here. That saved her another headache. She sighed as the pressure behind her eyes dulled to a negligible pain that she could easily ignore.

Ryarya smoothed back her bangs as she moved forward, following the guards with her usual swift stride, taking up position slightly ahead of the Doctor so as to avoid too close of contact with everyone. "Just Ryarya, thank you," she said so quietly that you had to be listening attentively to the surroundings to hear her. If there was one thing she disliked above all else, it was being addressed as a noble. In her mind, she had given up that title when she became a thief, and it was a disgrace to her heritage. She only kept it in her created illusions because it kept everyone away from her. She wasn't a noble anymore.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 12:21 pm

Emma walked quickly to keep up with the Doctor. As they got outside, Emma stopped short upon seeing the odd storm now focused in the front yard. She widened her eyes and stared at it in surprise. How could it be doing that? So, this wasn't just a normal storm. She glanced at the Doctor when he addressed her, and nodded slightly when he asked her to get Lady Black to the Tardis.

"Come on.." She said quickly, moving toward the Tardis while still staring at the odd storm thing. She wondered what it was, and heard the Doctor speaking to it. As she led the way to the Tardis, she glanced back and saw the Doctor heading toward them as well. She glanced back to the storm thing and wondered what it was, but quickly went into the Tardis with Lady Black.

Then, once inside the Tardis, Emma turned to Lady Black.
"By the way, I'm Emma." She told her, having not told her name previously. She had refused to give a name before when she was arrested, and hadn't really had a chance to introduce herself until now. So, if this girl was going to be hanging around with them for a little while, she thought she ought to know what to call Emma.

When the Doctor started the Tardis flying through space and time, Emma grabbed onto something and held on until it was safe to let go. She was a tiny bit surprised that Lady Black hadn't made a comment on the Tardis being bigger inside than out. But she knew something about Timelords before meeting the Doctor, so maybe she already knew what to expect? Emma didn't dwell on the thought for long, because now they had arrived.. somewhere.

Curious, Emma followed the Doctor and Lady Black as they went out of the Tardis. She stopped and tensed slightly as she saw the guys with spears, but the Doctor handled it and before long they were on their way to see.. Cleopatra. Emma thought it was strange how much had happened in such a short amount of time. First breaking into a museum in the middle of the night, then she'd been arrested, then they went to Lady Black's mansion and faced a weird storm that was apparently sentient to some degree, and now they were in ancient Egypt, about to see Cleopatra.

Emma just barely heard Lady Black when she requested to be called Ryarya, but she nodded slightly and made a mental note to remember that. She glanced around as she walked with the others, and wondered what they were doing in Egypt. Maybe it had something to do with that thing the Doctor had mentioned taking from the Museum. She wondered what it was, and she also wondered if it had anything to do with that storm. She caught up with the Doctor so she walked beside him.
"What was that storm thingy, back there at her house?" She asked quietly, concerned. "Does it have something to do with why we're here?" She wondered, curious.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 3:29 pm

"It has everything to do with being here" The Doctor replied to Emma before looking over to her, "This is where it all began". The Doctor's response was cut off by a proclamation from one of the guards, ordering them to wait while he spoke with the pharaoh, "Stay here blue box man" he ordered. The Doctor nodded to gesture his comprehension then turned back to Lady Black and Emma as he rested his back up against the wall behind him. Crossing his arms, The Doctor lowered his head and released a sniff, "I need you to be completely open to her Ry" The Doctor said out loud, looking up to Lady Black, "It could never be more important. You and i both want and need answers...and that's the one way you're going to get it. Everything she wants, whatever she does, be open and do as she says".

Just as The Doctor finished, the guard returned, bursting through the gold plated door with authority, "She will see you now" he hissed. Turning, the guard strode back into the throne room and was quickly followed by The Doctor, sporting a grin as his eyes met with the pharaohs. Standing up, Cleopatra walked over to The Doctor, a welcome smile flashed across her face, "Doctor" she mumbled, "Changed your face i see. Much approved it is, although i fail to remember you consulting me before doing it and for that i'll have to ban you" she chuckled. The Doctor returned the warm laughter before gesturing back to Lady Black and Emma, "Cleo, this is Emma and Ry..i think you'l want to speak with-", "You're one of them" Cleopatra spat once her eyes landed on Lady Black.

Walking over to Lady Black, Cleopatra looked her up and down before running her thumb across Lady Black's head, "Half human...half God" she mumbled. "I got your message..then i found out what she was. Do you think she could act as a beacon to bring them back?" The Doctor questioned, "I'm not sure" Cleopatra replied, turning back to The Doctor briefly as she spoke, "But i've never seen one like her...there are legends of instances in the throne here in Egypt but it was never proven. I have met them only once...so i cannot say for sure".
Back to top Go down
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.
Beginner
Beginner
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 3:59 pm

Ryarya shook her head as she listened to the Doctor, slowing her pace a fraction so she ended up on his other side. "I can't," she interrupted firmly, her tone mixed with slight fear. "I'm incapable of being open to anyone, even you. It could, literally, kill us both." She looked sideways at him, her expression one of exasperation and regret. "I would if I were even remotely capable, but I'm not. I never have been. Yes, I want answers, but not at the cost of fatalities. I hardly think someone like you would want to have that same burden on your shoulders, Doctor," she added.

She slipped back behind the Doctor as the guards brought them to the throne room where Cleopatra waited with a welcoming smile for the Doctor. Her mind flashed back to her first trip to Egypt, about three hundred years into the future. It hadn't been a pleasant trip at all. She had been deciphering hieroglyphics on her own within one of the sacred tombs when the entire ceiling caved in on her. The very thought made her shudder outwardly, and action she tried to conceal. Her only means of escape was to change her density and walk through solid rock just to find an open tunnel that led to the entrance, or a secret exit. It was a feat she had managed, but she had found herself waking up from a week long coma in a 19th century hospital afterwards. That wasn't an experience she wanted to repeat, and hopefully, would never have to again.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the mention of her name and the sudden approach of Cleopatra. She backed away a step or two instinctively, trying not to offend her as she did so. Assuming that her memory of Egypt was correct, they would think someone of her stature was part god. She had seen it last time as well. They could sense that her brain power was stronger, which afforded her certain unusual human abilities that were not seen in others. The Greeks had done the same when she fought in the battle of Troy. They thought she was a child of Zeus. When Cleopatra's thumb grazed her head, not quite touching the skin, but just barely coming in contact with her hair, Ryarya visibly jumped back, almost losing her balance with the spurt of speed. The contact was short enough to keep away all the side effects, but her body had picked up on the proximity, giving her a splitting migraine that she ignored yet again.

"What am I to you?" she ground out darkly, looking between Cleopatra and the Doctor. It was a loaded question filled with more unspoken questions that she hoped the two would pick up on. She wasn't going to wait any longer. She wanted her answers now.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 4:26 pm

While Emma was still thinking over what the Doctor had answered, she was a little disappointed that he was interrupted before he could answer her any further. She watched as the famous queen Cleopatra greeted the Doctor before turning to Ryarya.

She sort of wished she'd taken at least one course on World History, because she wasn't very familiar with Egyptian history stuff, and so she really only knew a basic amount of knowledge that Cleopatra was a well known character from Egyptian history, there were pyramids here, and lots of sand. And it was hot. She quietly removed her jacket, then tugged lightly at her sleeves to make sure they were down all the way, despite how hot it was here.

Emma watched in confusion during the exchange between Cleo and Ryarya, and glanced questioningly at the Doctor. Why did they think Ryarya was part god? She supposed she wasn't going to get any more answers, so she would just watch and pay attention, and see if she could find out anything that way.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Both The Doctor and Cleopatra paused, The Doctor arching an eyebrow deeply as Cleopatra glanced from him then back to Ryarya. With a sigh, she began, "We call them the Annunaki...to us they are our Gods. They came down from the stars to show us much of what we know today...our pyramids, ways of life..gathering the water and crops like never befor-", "Their called The Eternals" The Doctor suddenly interrupted. The Doctor looked up, sniffing as Cleopatra's attention shifted to him, instead of smacking him like she would any other man who interrupted her, she listened and intently. "Eternals were said to roam the universe far before the Time Lords...beings that traveled through dimensions..." The Doctor began, "When the Time Lords discovered them...they were here on Earth, aiding in human progression...it's where we got our first and only blood sample. It's how i could connect you to them...their intellectual capabilities out match anything before it...or even now. Before the war...some said they captured an Eternal but, she escaped and fled somewhere.".

Pausing, The Doctor took in the silence that permeated the room, sighed for a second then continued, "I fought them once..never got to see their faces but i watched two of them die for the sake of the Earth. Not all of them are good but...this is the most activity the TARDIS has ever picked up from them. You're dizzy spells and other episodes is from your human portion of your mind trying to cope with the Eternal part.". Squinting his eyes, The Doctor turned his attention back over to Cleopatra, "When was the last time you saw them?" he asked, "A month..they came looking for more gold. They said they wouldn't return..".

Looking over to Ryarya, The Doctor exhaled deeply, "They won't harm you" he mumbled, "As long as i am here i won't let them harm you. Plus, you've got a gob on you so that always helps, when in doubt, say it aloud..hmm..good motto..i should use it more often". Cleopatra smirked, "Talking. Seems like you" she hissed, "Meanwhile the women do the upfront fighting. I can call them if you'd like if you truly wish to speak with them..but i have a feeling they've already been called" she stopped as she looked back to Ryarya.
Back to top Go down
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.
Beginner
Beginner
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 11:59 pm

The noble thief glanced back at Emma with a clear expression that dictated her feelings on this conversation thus far. She didn't believe a word of it. She would have known if she wasn't completely human, and she now had a Time Lord and a female Egyptian Pharoh attempting to poke holes in everything she knew was real. Her temper flared up more than she could control, but she wasn't attempting to leash it this time. She was angry, and everyone in the vicinity was going to know it. How? How could she have gone through all those tests, seen all those doctors, traveled through time, became all that she was now without every knowing that perhaps her own heritage was what ought to have been questioned all those years ago as a child? It had to be nothing except lies. She was completely human. There was nothing, nothing abnormal about her DNA. Everything was as it should be aside from her increased brain power. Even her complete family lineage tracing back through generations was completely human. She'd know! She did the full analysis!

Her mind was pulling her back into the darkness she was all too familiar with, the psyche lock shield she'd been protecting herself with for years. "So what am I now?" she snapped, curling her hands into fists that began to glow a dull red with the heat from the molecules that she was unintentionally forcing into increased vibrations, creating small sparks of flames. "I'm not completely what I've believed myself and my heritage to be yet I've been living my entire life as a human with completely normal DNA, blood analysis, brain waves, vitals, and nature. What part of that isn't whole, Doctor?" She spat the last word with such venom that the heat around her hands turned into full blown flames for a few seconds before dying down to an ember glow again. She spun on her heel, looking to Emma. "And what of you, Emma?" she inquired in a softer tone. "What about you hasn't been revealed until it's been pried open by the likes of a meddling Time Lord?" She shook her head angrily, raising the fingertips of both her hands to her temple, pressing down as hard as she could. "I didn't come here for your ridiculous fairy tales and lies," she growled low as she turned to take one last look at the Doctor and Cleopatra before moving briskly towards the hallway. "And here I thought for a fraction of a second that you could be trusted. What a fool I truly am." Without another word, she pushed past the guards that tried to stop her from leaving and made her way down the hallway.

Where was she going? She didn't care as long as it was as far away from the Doctor and his companions as possible. How ridiculous! She was completely human. There was nothing Eternal about her. There was nothing about her family or her that led back to any abnormalities. It had to be lies; there was no other explanation for it. Her mind was reeling, unleashing all the energy she usually fought a constant battle with to keep in check. She tried to find that spark in her that cared about everything, but it was weeping silently in its corner at the back of her mind. It stayed silent. She came up on the TARDIS, it's presence doing nothing for her. She yelled loudly in frustration, slamming her fist against the wall of the hallway closest to her, which left a crater in the shape of her fist and small gashes on her knuckles.

She tapped her watch into life as her anger manifested itself as hot tears of frustration that dangled along the edges of her eyes, not yet spilling over. "Full body analysis," she ordered firmly to the voice activated scanner. It came back normal. "Full brain analysis." It also came back normal. She groaned as she continued to move throughout the halls, finally coming up on a entrance. The sunlight touched her skin with a familiar glow that seemed to calm her a little. She stepped completely out into the light, looking up at the sky. "What am I?" she questioned, mostly to herself. "Am I truly me?"

You are special, my precious girl, came the last words her mother had spoken to her before their separation. The memory hurt Ryarya to think about. She held her head between her hands, forcing her gaze to the ground. Just remember that I will always love you. One day I will come for you again, my love, I promise. Be strong and never give up hope.

"Was that your way of telling me, Mother?" she sobbed almost completely inaudibly. "What were you hiding from me?" Just as the words left her mouth, she felt the sudden lurch of pain in her mind. It caused a loud ringing in her ears and made her vision go blurry. Her limbs became weak, forcing her to stagger back into the structural foundation of Cleopatra's palace. She inhaled deeply, but her lungs seemed to be starving for air. Ryarya was forced to the ground, holding her head.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 9:51 pm

Emma was a little confused, as everything seemed to happen quickly. She tried to follow the conversation, but before she knew it, Ryarya was yelling and her hands were glowing with heat. Emma stared in surprise at this, but then when Ryarya turned to her, she looked back up at her face.

Emma watched as the woman ran off, and then turned to the Doctor and Cleopatra.
"Don't you think you could have broken that news to her a little more.. gently?" She asked with a frown. "Whatever her abilities are, she still has feelings, and it looks like you found a touchy subject." She sighed softly and glanced toward where Ryarya had gone, wondering if she should wait and give her a little time to cool off, or go try to talk to her now.

She thought for a few seconds and then turned back to the Doctor.
"I'll try to talk to her.." She said quietly, heading off in the direction that Ryarya had gone. She walked slowly to give her additional time to calm down, and found her leaning against the wall, and didn't look so well. Emma stopped a respectful distance away from her.
"Are you alright?" She asked quietly. She bit her lip and thought for a moment before moving to sit across from her on the ground.

She hesitated slightly before speaking.
"I know you probably find it hard to believe, but I actually do understand. I've been through this before.." She said quietly. "When I was fourteen, I found out that the man I had believed to be my father was really not." She told her. "I found out that he'd kidnapped me when I was little, so I tracked down my parents, only to find out that not only were they dead, but they had adopted me. So they weren't even my real parents."

She sighed and looked down for a moment before looking back up at Ryarya.
"Of course, in my case, finding out that he wasn't my father was a wonderful discovery.. but it was still very shocking and I realize that this is different, but.. I can relate, if you want to talk or anything.." She told her. She didn't want to be pushy, but just wanted to offer her friendship, and a listening ear to her, because she remembered how she felt when she found out that her own life was a lie, and although it was nice to find out that he wasn't her dad, it was still very shocking and she understood what it was like to find out something you had believed to be true your whole life was really just a lie.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 11:13 pm

Cleopatra glared back at The Doctor, striding over to him and slapping him clean across the face, "That's for making a woman mad" she hissed, "Your people skills are still as bad as i remember Doctor, when will you ever learn tha-". Cleopatra stopped, The Doctor released a sigh as a blue flash emitted from behind him without his knowledge, "I know, i know. Sometimes i ramble, it's a good quality though and why did you hit me so hard!?" he replied, "Blimey that hurt! I mean seriously! You could have eased it up just a little bit". "Doctor!" Cleopatra roared, trying to get The Doctor to pay attention to the two forms that hovered behind him, "What?" The Doctor asked as he turned around.

Cleopatra bowed as The Doctor looked on, gazing at the tall skinny forms in front of him; their physical appearance much like a human apart from the elongated craniums pushed towards the back. "So this is the great an powerful Annunaki? Stooped down to the level of psychologically torturing a girl?" The Doctor shook his head, "Time Lord....." the lead figure hissed, "You wish to stop us?". The Doctor narrowed his eyes, arching one eyebrow as he focused in on the one that spoke, "Which one of you is doing this to her? I want to know!" he roared, "We do not know...we came tracking the signal to this dimension. It is not of our origin..." it replied. The Doctor's serious facial expression immediately flipped to baffled and confused, "I...wait..hang on. You're telling me you don't know where it's coming from? I used my TARDIS to run it through and it said it was yours, how could you not know?", "The girl is ours...you will give her to us...or we will destroy this planet. She is ours. She is part Eternal, she must be ritualized" it hissed back.

Back to top Go down
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.
Beginner
Beginner
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 11:40 pm

Ryarya sniffed softly, briefly glancing up as she heard Emma address her. She brought her knees up to her chest, leaning back against the wall as Emma sat across from her. A simple shake of the head in response to her question, but silence otherwise. Her eyes were bloodshot with unshed tears and her hands were beginning to feel slightly sore from the flames she had created around them. Lady Ryarya Black, the noble, proud thief now turned into an emotional wreck by the one thing that had been both her ally and curse since her birth. She couldn't even begin to explain how far she felt she had fallen though she knew that her abilities were only sparked by her shock and confusion about the situation. She hadn't meant to panic and run from the room, but it had been the only way to calm herself without hurting anyone. If she had stayed, she probably would have brought down the entire room, killing everyone in it.

As Emma began recalling her childhood experiences, Ryarya brought her gaze back up to meet hers. She listened, feeling the woman's emotions radiating off her like tiny waves. Words couldn't explain it, but there was something in her air that told Ryarya that she was not only genuine, but she a survivor too. She had been through so much, it seemed like, yet here she was now. She was strong and willing to put her own life at risk to ensure the security of others. That much was obvious. She had seen only a fraction of what Ryarya was capable of, and yet, she still approached her as a friend and listener. It was something that she was grateful for. She had never traveled down the path with friends and fun memories. She needed that now.

She sighed deeply once Emma had finished speaking and ran her fingers through her hair. "Twelve years," she began solemnly, "Twelve years I never once stepped foot into any other buildings besides my house and the hospital. I was a lab rat, the prized possession of anyone practicing medicine. I was the mystery case that no one could solve though many spent millions trying." She shook her head with a scoff. "People loved me yet they feared me. I was so unstable that my own parents began to shy away from me until my father died. I burnt down three whole hospital wards in my sleep." Slipping her hands beneath the chain of the necklace around her neck, she lifted it over her head and held it up for Emma to see. It was a heart shaped diamond that gleamed in the sunlight. "My mother gave this to me when I was eight. She said it was token to protect me, and that nothing bad would ever happen as long as I wore it. She claimed that I was always special, and that I should never give up on who I am. My father loved me, but my mother loved and believed in me. She was my anchor growing up...until the day we got separated, of course. I had to learn to fend for myself after that."

She slipped the necklace over her head again, looking up at the sky. "I've gone all these years thinking that I was just some mistake in genetics, a mutant gone wrong. All the DNA tests I've ever done came back with completely human results, nothing unusual about them. I was still always ill, always weak. I knew my limits. Now I come here for answers and the Doctor breaks down every wall that ever kept me standing. I feel like I have nothing left. If my entire life was half a lie, then where do I really belong, not that I've ever had much of a home to be had. I can't help but feel like someone knew something...and never said."

Just as she was about to continue, she yelped and grabbed at the chain around her neck, pulling it over her head as quickly as she could. It landed in the space between her and Emma. She breathed deeply, staring at it with surprise and gently massaging the tender skin on her chest where it had burnt her. The diamond was blinking! The usual clear and glistening diamond was now blinking with a bright blue light on the inside, like a beacon. "What the-?" she gasped, looking up at Emma questioningly, not expecting her to know the cause but hoping she did. "Is there anything else that would like to come to light today?"
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 4:46 pm

Emma listened as Ryarya began to talk to her about her experiences with the doctors and such. She nodded faintly as she talked to her, and guessed that Ryarya may never have talked to anyone else about it before. She stayed quiet and listened to her, feeling bad for her that she had been through so much and still had no answers, and had lost her parents who were all she had. Emma felt that she could relate a little bit to that, as well, because she had lost all of her own family as well. She only had her stepdad left, and he wasn't quite the same as he used to be, so it was kind of like she didn't really have him to count as family anymore either.

Suddenly, the necklace that Ryarya had shown her started blinking like it was a tracking device of some sort. Emma frowned and watched it for a moment, glancing around to see if there was anything else going on.
"We should get away from it.. get hidden." She suggested as she stood up, casting a wary glance around at their surroundings. She picked up the necklace by the chain and hung it on a nearby torch bracket thing, and then motioned for Ryarya to follow her, hurrying down the line of hieroglyph-covered pillars.

Once they were a somewhat safe distance from where she had hung the necklace, Emma gestured for Ryarya to hide behind one of the pillars. Emma hid behind a pillar that was close enough that if she peeked around the edge of the pillar, she could see if anyone approached the necklace. She hoped in this way to find out if anyone was trying to use Ryarya's necklace to track her location. If they were, they would find the necklace, but not her.. or so she hoped. She also wasn't sure if they might be good or bad, so she thought it best to be safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 1:17 pm

The Eternals forced their way past The Doctor and turned to the door, the two guards immediately kneeling down in respect to their Gods. The Doctor flashed a glare back to Cleopatra for her lack of words and or actions during his talk with the Eternals, "They're my Gods Doctor! I cannot speak out against them!" she hissed, trying to keep her voice down so they could not hear her, "They are not Gods! They are inter dimensional beings and right now they are a threat..they will tear this entire place apart looking for that girl and unless you do something they will do exactly that". Cleopatra placed her hands on her hips in annoyance, rolling her eyes with a sigh, "Oh right and the mighty Doctor will let that happen?" she hissed, "I've never faced them like this before...the ones i faced were different. These Eternals have a purpose for being here in this dimension..and that makes them more dangerous than ever".

Without another word, The Doctor bolted after the Eternals, afraid they would catch Emma or Ryarya off guard or worse, take them to their ship. Turning down the hallway, The Doctor spotted the three Eternals looking at a necklace on the ground, the middle one ordering the other two to spread out and look for, what The Doctor guessed, Ryarya. "You are not taking her anywhere!" The Doctor spat, striding out towards the Eternal leader in a fit of fury, "As long as i am standing, you will not touch a hair on her body!", "That can be arranged...Doctor" it hissed. Extending its hand out, the Eternal lifted The Doctor off of the ground and slammed him head first against the nearby pillar.

The Doctor slumped to the ground, instantly knocked unconscious from the strike as the Eternal turned its attention to finding Ryarya. Cleopatra watched from a few feet back, afraid to approach The Doctor until the Eternal hovered out of sight, once then and only then did she rush to the side of The Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.
Beginner
Beginner
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 2:12 pm

Ryarya nodded her agreement in response to Emma's idea, quickly getting up to follow her to the nearest set of large pillars. She slipped behind the one beside Emma and stood completely still for a moment, not even daring to breathe. She glanced out from her hiding place only to see three beings with elongated craniums moving swiftly in the direction of where Emma had left the necklace. She knew within an instant that they were Eternals, not by their looks or sudden appearance here in Egypt, but by the sharp twinge of pain radiating through her skull as whispering voices mentally called out to her, assuring her that they meant her no harm. She rolled her eyes at that. It was too late, and she wasn't planning on being taken anywhere without her consent.

Her mind began working double to piece together every part of the puzzle that had been presented thus far. According to the Doctor and Cleopatra, she was half-Eternal. After some thought and, of course, the sudden appearance of them, she was forced to admit that she was. She was still baffled as to how something like that could have been kept a secret for so many years, but she made a mental note to worry about that after this entire ordeal was finished. These creatures were searching for her, and in all probability, were going to take her by any means necessary. Nothing about this was going the way she had envisioned it though she wasn't unfamiliar with life threatening situations seeing as how she used to go looking for trouble in her youth. Something made her pause, however. The Doctor came running from the direction of the throne room, Cleopatra in tow though she was visibly keeping her distance.

She could hear the Doctor's venomous words as he addressed the Eternal leader, and she had to thank him for his courage. Most people had never stood up for her. To see that this Time Lord, this man cared enough to put his own existence at risk was really quite touching. In actuality, Ryarya did see him as a friend; she just wasn't particularly open when it came to change. She was worried for him now, and that worry manifested itself as her hand unholstering one of her shock pistols and flipping the intensity switch up to the second setting. She wouldn't kill the Eternals, but she would definitely give them a pain to remember her by.

What she didn't realize what that the Eternal had slammed the Doctor directly into the pillar she was hiding behind. The force of the impact reverberated through the pillar, and a loud crack echoed off the air as the place where the Doctor's head collided began to rise up through the pillar. Several cracks appeared in various places over the pillar, and it began to teeter ever so slightly forwards. If it fell, it would crush the Doctor. So much for staying hidden, Ryarya thought as she quickly holstered her pistol and raced out into the sunlight, ignoring her exposure to the Eternals.

Cleopatra was at the Doctor's side now, and ignoring any disrespect that her actions may bring, Ryarya used her shoulder as a small step to move up the pillar. The connection was barely there, not even enough for the pharoh to feel much. The noble thief's boots landed against the pillar about halfway up, where she kept herself crouched down. Focusing on the bottoms of her feet, she began to transfer kinetic energy from the rest of her body into her feet. She kicked off from the pillar hard enough to push it falling in the opposite direction, away from anyone. She flipped backwards expertly, landing with one knee barely touching the ground. Some of the fragments of where the pillar were still falling from the ceiling, but she didn't pay them any mind. Her attention to the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 4:53 pm

Emma heard the voices first, then saw the three alien people come down the hall. She watched them stop at the necklace, and was debating having Ryarya move further from the area, when the Doctor ran into view with Cleopatra following at a distance. Emma was beginning to smile at the Doctor's words to the aliens, when suddenly he was thrown against the pillar that Ryarya was hiding behind.

Clapping a hand over her mouth to keep from crying out and attracting attention to her location, Emma fought the instinct to run to his side right away. She glanced back in the direction of the aliens, relieved as she watched them move out of sight. But before she had time to do anything, Ryarya had come out of hiding and jumped up onto the pillar. Emma realized that she was trying to stop the breaking pillar from crashing down on the Doctor.

Emma had to know if the Doctor was ok, and so since Ryarya had already given up her hiding place, Emma hurried over to his side, while Cleopatra knelt at the other side.
"Doctor?" She quickly checked him for a pulse, trying her best not to panic, and to remain calm. She put her ear down by his nose and mouth, listening for breaths while watching his chest for it to rise and fall with his breathing. He was still breathing, much to her relief, and his pulse was there, although a bit different than Emma had expected, because of her not knowing about him having two hearts. She moved her ear down to listen at his chest, and assumed from the sound of his heartbeats, that he was probably having a minor episode of heart palapations. She knew that would pass quickly, and just meant a rush of adrenylin was passing through his system.

She carefully slid one hand under his head and felt for any bleeding, but he seemed to be ok. She wasn't sure if he might have a concussion though, but she thought she should get him someplace quiet and safe before checking for that. She remembered her jacket which she had taken off when they first came out of the Tardis into Egypt. She had tied it around her waist. She now took it off and folded it so that the main part was folded into a cushion, and she carefully slid that under his head, and used the sleeves to tie the cushion on and to try and make it so his head wouldn't move too much, just in case of a broken neck.

She worked as quickly and carefully as she could, and when she finished she turned to Cleopatra, still trying her best not to panic.
"Get him someplace quiet and safe, and don't move his head." She told her, her expression somewhat fierce and her tone commanding, not caring if she was a pharaoh or queen or what. Right now she was the best person to find a good quiet, safe place for the Doctor to recover in, since she knew the palace and also because Emma was fairly sure, judging from the way Cleo had hung back, that the woman wasn't going to try and stand up to these aliens. Emma quickly showed her how to grab onto the back of his collar and use the wrist parts of her arms to sort of cradle his head so it wouldn't roll and move too much. Holding him like that, the woman should be able to drag him to another room without risking any damage to his head or neck, just in case.

Having given first aid to the Doctor, Emma was startled into looking up as the pillar crashed to the ground, having fallen away from where they were. Emma tried to keep her balance from the small earthquake that resulted. She then looked up and glanced around to see where Ryarya had gotten to by now. She found that Ryarya had just landed a few moments ago, after doing whatever she had done to stop the pillar from falling onto the Doctor and to make it fall in the other direction.

Then, after a few moments she saw the aliens known as Eternals returning, and she stood up and moved so that she was in front of Ryarya, facing them. She assumed they had come to investigate the sound of the pillar crashing. Emma thought quickly of what to do, and decided to try talking to them.
"Who are you, and what do you want?" She asked, standing firm and determined to try and at least slow them down, and if possible, keep them from getting to Ryarya.

From what she had heard the Doctor say, she was the one they wanted, and Emma was careful not to say anything to give them any reason to attack. She wished they were closer to the Tardis though, so they could go in there and hide. She was fairly sure no one could get in there without being welcome. She also hoped that Cleopatra would get the Doctor to someplace safe where he could recover without too much noise around. She hoped he didn't have a concussion or any broken bones, and couldn't help worrying about him in the back of her mind.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 10:35 pm

The lead Eternal waited until the other two hovered over next to him until he addressed the two women that had quickly covered the tracks of the now wounded Doctor. The Eternal smirked, "So when the Time Lord cannot carry on..his friends to. Interesting" he commented, "We are Eternals...we have come for our own kind. She is ours..she will come with us". Looking over to Ryarya, the Eternal began to shut out the existence of Emma, "Child. You are young and ill-informed about our kind..your own kind. Your mother ran away from us because she did not accept our ways, but we have changed. She protected you from us by turning into a human..giving up her Eternal powers for a chance to become normal for you...but we found you. We have come to make things right child".

Cleopatra busied herself with the wounded and unconscious Doctor, having a nearby guard carry The Doctor into her throne bed room and place him onto her bed. Once on her bed, The Doctor was properly cushioned using several pillows to elevate his head. Cleopatra looked on worriedly, never having been in this situation, The Doctor out for the count and the danger still very much present and centered around her palace. "Don't give up" She suddenly whispered, leaning over the side of The Doctor, looking up at him as if waiting for him to open his eyes and save her like he has always done before, "I don't know what to do Doctor. They are Gods and we...we are just people. What can we do?! Please! Just wake up! Wake up damn you!". The Doctor stayed silent, his head throbbing in pain, a pain felt through his dream. Inside he knew something was wrong but with all his might he could not open his eyes, not even a sound could be forced between his lips.
Back to top Go down
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.
Beginner
Beginner
Ryarya Black/Artemis K.

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 11:13 pm

"Make things right," Ryarya echoed, her eyes trailing over each of the forms of the Eternals standing before her. Somehow she doubted that they were truly as genuine as the leader was trying to convey. All her life had been a series of trials and tribulations that always ended the same way. She had been through enough, in her opinion, and she was through playing games with any race. For once, she felt that she deserved to get the ending she wanted considering she had, apparently, been playing with a rigged set of dice to begin with.

She glanced over at Emma, who stood in front of her like a sentinel. Up to this point, both her and the Doctor had put her above themselves, willing standing between these beings and her. She had spent her entire life living by the teachings of her mother, and each one came back to the same moral. Ryarya was human. Regardless of her bloodline, Ryarya had lived all twenty-one years of her life as a human being. Was it possible she hadn't? Was it possible that her mother had rewritten her memories in order to protect her from whatever villainous ways of the Eternals she disagreed with? It was all possible, and perhaps, all true. But, that didn't change who Ryarya was and who she had become. Just like Emma, Ryarya was human. Nothing would ever change that.

Finally, she sighed and addressed the leader of the Eternals. "You do, of course, realize that simply stating it does not constitute real change," she said matter-of-factly with a hint of sarcasm. "I was raised as a human being my entire life, lived as a human being. All of this information is only coming to light now, so you will forgive me if I don't believe you automatically." Her tone became much harsher as she continued. "You will also forgive me for declining your orders to go with you. Free will is still a logical purpose in any race, in any world, in any dimension. I choose my path, not you."

She crossed her arms, now glaring at the creatures. "In any case, you deliberately attacked an unarmed personnel, my friend, for simply stating my decision before me and attempting to reason with you. I will not be accompanying you. By half the blood in my veins, I may be of your race, but I will never submit to the full rituals of your people." She paused briefly. "I have lived as a human, and a human life is where I choose to stay." She was about to add that they were already trying her patience and temper, but decided otherwise due to the fact that both her and Emma were trying to make this a more peaceful exchange, especially since the Doctor was injured.

She wanted to return to his side to ensure his safety, but knew it would be best to stay near Emma rather than venturing off alone. Instead, she subtly drew the letter O and K with a question mark beside it on the clothing covering Emma's shoulder to prevent any skin-to-skin contact. She hoped Emma would understand the question. If the Eternal had used enough strength to completely destroy a pillar, the Doctor could be seriously injured.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 11:50 pm

Emma folded her arms and met the alien's gaze evenly, not replying at first. She listened while they spoke with Ryarya, and she was glad for the other woman's reply. She had hoped that she wouldn't go with them. There was no way of knowing what they had planned for her. Why did they want her so badly? She had a feeling that whatever their reasons were, it wasn't anything good.

They said they wanted to make things right with Ryarya, but they were trying to force her to come with them against her will? And attempted to kill the Doctor, who was a friend of Ryarya's? That didn't add up, and Emma watched them while they spoke to Rya. They may not be human, but she figured behavior traits would be similar enough in about any race.

She felt Rya tracing something on her shoulder. She focused for a moment on that before realizing she was writing 'OK?' on her shoulder. Why? She thought for a few seconds, before guessing she was probably asking if the Doctor was ok. She thought about that briefly. Was he ok? She wasn't sure. How could she relay that to Rya? She gave it a little thought before shrugging her shoulders in a gesture meant to mean, 'I don't know'. She really hoped he was ok, but she didn't know, and she didn't think she should go find him right now. She didn't want these aliens to find him and try to finish him off, so she thought it best to keep them occupied and away from him.

She spoke again, addressing the Eternal.
"You heard her. She isn't going with you, and she isn't claiming your people as her own. So leave her alone." She told them. "The people around here may think you're gods, but I know better. You're not gods, and if you'd like to keep from being exposed for what you really are, you'd do well to leave well enough alone and just go on your way and leave her alone." She told them firmly, but keeping her tone free of hostility.

She really didn't want to provoke them to attack, but she wanted to let them know that they didn't have everyone fooled. She hoped to make them think twice about this, and she was hoping that they would care enough about being thought to be gods to decide it wasn't worth the risk, and leave. She hoped they wouldn't decide to just kill Emma to get her out of the way and take Rya anyway..

She wondered if she and Rya might be able to outrun them if it came down to it. She wondered if they ought to try it now. If they could just get to the Tardis, they could be safe. She had borrowed the Doctor's Tardis key when she had been checking him for injuries, because she thought there was a chance she and Rya may need to take refuge there. She tried to think of the best plan, but in the meanwhile she hoped to stall for some more time.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 12:11 am

The lead Eternal arched his eyebrows in anger, "We are..Gods" he hissed, peering from Ryarya back to Emma, "And you do not wish to see why". His voice began to deepen and it's form beginning to rise higher from the ground as his eyes turned to a gold hue. "You're mother is a traitor to our kind! She chose the humans over us! She was punished and so shall you!" He roared, extending out his hand as he had done before to The Doctor. Suddenly, a blue wave of light struck out against his hand, creating a fight of lights. The gold from the Eternal's power fought against the blue's until the Eternal turned his attention to the origin of the light and lowered his hand.

The Doctor stumbled out of the door way of the throne room, holding onto the open door for support with one hand and his sonic screwdriver extended out in his other. "I told you no!" He roared, taking a step out, he slumped to the ground, grunting as he forced himself back up to a wobbly standing position. Cleopatra bolted out of the throne room, her eyes wide with worry as she stood beside The Doctor, "You are not well! You need to rest!" she insisted, "If i can stand..i can fight them" The Doctor sniffed.

The lead Eternal smiled, turning his full attention onto The Doctor, "Time Lord, you wish to die today?" he asked, "No..i'm here to give you a lesson!" The Doctor spat. "Her name is Ryarya" The Doctor continued, "What?" The Eternal asked, "The girl you are trying to take...her name is Ryarya! And she is free! Her mother fought against you for years...she came to the Time Lords for a technology she knew we would only have. A simple watch is all it took...and that is what came out of it! She is a person! She is not yours to take...especially not while i'm still here...". The Eternal chuckled, "She is Eternal..she is ours!" he proclaimed, "I could send you into the void with a snap of my fingers" The Doctor stuttered, trying to find his mental balance now as the dizziness began to hit him hard.

"My TARDIS ran a diagnosis on Ryarya...meaning she located the point of origin from that Eternal part of her DNA. No planet of origin...but a little place i like to call the Medusa Cascade...using the power of the time vortex, my TARDIS can link her DNA scan with her bracelet you use to home in on her plus..well..you and send you straight back!" The Doctor replied, falling down to one knee, "Anyone who has traveled in my TARDIS has a psychological link with her....if she accepted them they can open her doors with a snap of their fingers..and she'l know exactly what to do".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As Thick As Thieves   As Thick As Thieves - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As Thick As Thieves
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Open RP's-
Jump to: