Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_vote_lcapMy Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_voting_barMy Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_vote_lcapMy Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_voting_barMy Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

Location : In the Tardis! | Brooke: In the Tardis Library, of course.

My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) Empty
PostSubject: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 4:17 pm

Clara hummed a little as she mixed up some ingredients. She wore an apron over her clothes, to keep from getting anything on her while she was baking. Today was her birthday, and she was going to attempt to make a souffle for herself. She was sure that today would be the day she would finally get one to turn out right. It was her birthday.. it had to turn out perfectly, right?

She poured the batter into the pan and then carefully put in into the oven, which been preheated already.
"There you go, now you're going to bake nice and pretty and be perfect, ok?" She told it in a gentle tone as if speaking to a small child. She gently closed the oven door and set the timer a bit ahead of the time that it was supposed to be done, just to make sure she got there before it was burned. Then, she tiptoed out of the kitchen and smiled happily in anticipation.

She was very hopeful about this souffle. It was bound to turn out right. She was sure of it. She'd gotten enough practice, and she was going to be very quiet and not do anything that might make it fall, and she was going to check on it before it had time to burn. On top of that, today was her birthday and it just had to turn out right. She smiled and hummed quietly as she curled up in a chair and opened one of her favorite books.

Last edited by Clara/Emma on Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorcking.com
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 4:28 pm

When was the drawing point between a soldier and a civilian? That was a thought going through Zalatar's mind as he continued his usual monitoring for any signs of the Doctor or other alien species. So much had happened to him during his stay on Earth under the command of Clara Oswald as recompense for his exile. He began to feel a little different about things he was raised to believe in. Honor. Dignity. Sacrifice. What did it really mean to hold these things in high regard?

As these thoughts plagued his mind he'd almost missed the sudden odd signal coming through the divide he was using to scan the many information hubs and the like throughout earth. The sound of it was strange, certainly alien, but nothing he'd ever heard before. He tried using the scanners in his suit to verify but he discovered something off. The sound was coming through a signal that, oddly enough, was making it's way through time itself. There was only one possibility: the Doctor.

Zalatar wasted no time and sprang to action, getting up from his sitting area in the junkyard base he made and hurrying for Clara's home not too far. He did as he usually would when traveling outside the dump and stayed out of sight, taking back alleys and smaller streets to avoid detection. Afterwards he'd reached Clara's complex and tried to find her.

He looked around before finding a few stones and tossing them up towards her window, obviously trying to not shout or anything for fear of investigation by the other tenants.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 4:38 pm

Hearing the sound of something hitting the nearby window, Clara looked up from her book and toward the window with a puzzled expression. What was that, repeatedly hitting her window? She suddenly thought, what if it was the Doctor? Her face lit up at the hope, and after setting her book aside, she ran over to the window and flung it open, poking her head out to look for whoever was throwing the pebbles.

She didn't see the Doctor, but Zalatar was standing below her window. Clara quickly ducked the last rock he had thrown just now. She winced as the pebble flew past her head and bounced against the couch. She looked out the window again and looked inquisitively at Zal.
"What are you doing?" She asked, puzzled why he was throwing rocks at her window.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 4:42 pm

With enough effort Zalatar managed to gain his commander's attention, much to his relief. He felt silly needing to throw stones just to gain attention when, were they on any other planet, he could've simply called.

In any case he called up "I have found a signal, Commander Clara. I believe it is the Doctor's transport."

As he called some of the other tenants on the nearby floors began to wonder what it was speaking in such an odd way. The odd hissing and monstrous voice that came with it. Zalatar didn't think to hide himself as he was too busy trying to deliver news for Clara.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 4:51 pm

Clara brightened up a bit when she heard that. "Oh!" She bit her lip and glanced around, aware of her neighbors.
"Alright.. um, come on up." She said, deciding that would be best. She leaned out the window and pointed out directions to the entrance, then gave him directions to what floor and which door number she was. She hoped there wouldn't be any nosy neighbors to go poking their heads out of their doors, to find out what was going on.

After giving him directions, Clara pulled herself back inside and went in search of the pebble. She found it, and tossed it back out of the window before closing the window back like it had been. She then waited near the door for Zal's footsteps before opening it and ushering him inside.
"Right, so what'd you find out?" She asked curiously, after closing the door back and turning to him.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 5:00 pm

Seeing where she instructed him to go Zalatar made for the front door. His getting through the first door was bad enough as he was too tall but walked right through and broke the glass overhead, but then came walking up the steps. Obviously a heavily armored Martian walking up steps would cause a lot of noise, enough that one older man exited his room only to catch a quick glance before Zalatar went up to Clara's floor. he freaked before running back into his room for his medication, thinking he was going crazy.

When he finally came to Clara's room he tried to walk in but was too wide. He had to resort to stepping in sideways before finally entering all the way. He took a moment and surveyed her apartment, both out of curiosity and to make sure they were alone, before he looked back to answer her question.

With a low hiss he said "I located a strange sound through the information and communication waves. The fact that it is interfering with these could mean a temporal interference via time travel. The sound was something of an odd horn. one I've not heard before."
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 5:16 pm

Clara was unaware of the damages done to the apartment building below, but she was glad that he entered her apartment without causing damage to her door. She listened as the Ice Warrior gave his report on what he had found, and she looked a bit puzzled at the mention of a strange horn.
"What kind of horn? What did it sound like? Wait, no.. hang on.."

She thought better of the idea of asking him to try and make the noise, having remembered something.  She opened up her laptop and searched something, then played a sound of the Tardis that she happened to have on a recording, though she couldn't really say why.
"Did it sound like that?" She asked, a bit hopeful.

If that was the sound he had heard, then maybe that meant the Doctor was coming. Maybe even coming to see her. It even occurred to her that maybe he had decided to stop in and see her on her birthday. That would be a nice surprise, but it didn't explain all the time he had been ignoring her calls and not coming to see her every week like he used to. She wondered if maybe something had happened to keep him away, and that whatever it was might be over now so he was coming back for her?
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 5:22 pm

Hearing the sound on the laptop Zalatar gave a higher hiss before saying "Yes, that's the sound. This confirms it then, Commander. The Doctor is close. Possibly on his way here."

Zalatar almost smiled at this but, being a warrior in front of his commander, he avoided it. Besides as grateful as he was he still had to deal with whatever the Doctor had in store for him. he was sure whatever means of restoring his honor with him would likely be more to his tastes than everything he'd been dealing with Clara.

But the celebration was cut a little short when a knock on the door came, Zalatar looking towards it and hissing before drawing his weapon for it.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 5:45 pm

Clara smiled happily at this news. It was the Doctor! She hopped up and down a little in her excitement.
"It's the Doctor!" She cheered happily. He wasn't dead or trapped by daleks or some other horrible thing that she had been worrying about. She was right, he was coming back just in time for her birthday. That had to be it, he was coming for her birthday. Right?

Hearing the knock on the door startled her a bit. She stopped and turned back to the door, unsure who would be there. Then she thought maybe it was the Doctor? Then again, it could be a neighbor wanting to know what was going on after hearing the noise Zal must have made coming up the stairs and everything.

She widened her eyes a little as she saw the weapon, and shook her head a little.
"No.." She told him, motioning for him to put the weapon away. After thinking for a moment, Clara glanced around and then motioned Zal toward the next room. "Quiet, don't know who it might be. It could be the Doctor, but it could be someone next door." She whispered. She hoped he would be able to walk quietly.

After Zal was safely hidden in the next room, Clara went to the door, trying to contain her excitement at the thought that it might be the Doctor. If it was, she was going to hug him, but then she would probably hit him for making her worry about him for so long. She took a deep breath and then opened the door to see who was there.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 5:53 pm

After Clara told him to drop his weapon Zalatar gave a grumbling hiss as he agreed. She then dealt with pushing him into the other room to hide while trying to be quite about it. Easier said then done. He fumbled a bit, his armor the main thing keeping him so heavy, before he finally made it inside and sat and waited to hear who it was. Should it be the Doctor he had no problem walking out to greet, otherwise he would be ready.

Once Clara opened the door there was a collective "Happy Birthday!" as he family stood there with open arms and gifts under their others. They stood there giving collective "Hellos" and little comments here-and-there.

Not long after Clara's grandmother asked "Well....are you going to let us in, dear? We can't celebrate out in the hall."
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 6:46 pm

Clara stared at the people in the hall, stunned into silence for the moment. As her grandmother asked her if she was going to invite them in, she tried to think of what to do. She had a martian hiding in the back room, and now her family had popped in for a surprise visit.
"Oh..right. This is.. quite a surprise." She forced a smile and did her best to hide her disappointment. As nice as it was to see her family, she had been hoping for the Doctor. And it wasn't really the best time for a family visit.

As Clara stepped aside to let her family enter, she suddenly heard the oven timer going off.
"Oh! My souffle!" She exclaimed, suddenly remembering it. She ran for the kitchen, then skidded to a stop at the doorway and stepped carefully as she continued on her way to the oven. She practically held her breath as she reached for the door. Was it going to be the perfect souffle, at last? She carefully pulled open the oven door and peered in, then felt her spirits fall as she saw the sunken-in mess that was meant to be a souffle.

Letting out a quiet groan, Clara glared at the rebellious dish.
"You were supposed to be perfect." She said accusingly at it. She decided it must have been due to all the noise made from Zal walking in his armor, and then the family coming along and yelling. And maybe, she thought guiltily, her own hopping up and down in joy at hearing that the Tardis was coming.

Taking oven mitts, she pulled the pan out of the oven and set it on the hotpad to cool, then turned the oven off and went back to the other room where her family waited.
"Sorry about that.. had a souffle in the oven." She hesitated. "It um.. didn't live." She sighed a bit dramatically, then smiled at them. "So, I wasn't expecting you.." She said, sparing a brief glance toward where Zal was hiding in the next room. How could she get him out of here without her family seeing him?
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 6:57 pm

Everyone in the hall came in and took seats while getting comfy in the apartment. As they did Clara's father often glanced back just to make sure she was fine in the kitchen while talking with everyone else. Zalatar, still hiding in the backroom, listened as best he could through the doors to overhear the conversations between Clara's family. It was a little hard with the helmet on though.

When Clara came back with the bad news about the souffle her father said "Well that's alright, Clara. We can make for another desert. Maybe brownies or cookies like when you were younger."

"Oh those were always nice." her grandmother commented. "Though, granted, I did think you used to put a little too much chocolate chips whenever you made them."

They had a little laugh before Clara mentioned the surprise, to which her father said "Well we wanted to see our little girl on her birthday. I mean you were always off doing lord knows what, so we never had time to really set any plans."

"Where were you by the way, Clara?" her grandmother asked. "Off and about with some nice, young man I take it?" she finished with a giggle.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 7:27 pm

Clara smiled a little in reply to her father suggesting they made some cookies. She laughed a little along with the others when her grandmother mentioned her putting too many chocolate chips in. Clara perched on the arm of the couch next to where her dad was sitting, and smiled at him when he explained that they wanted to see her on her birthday.

"It's always nice to see you all." She said, giving her dad a one-armed hug from where she was sitting. It wasn't the greatest timing, but she was glad to see them. At the question of where she was, Clara hesitated. "Something like that.." She answered her gran, giving her a faint smile. She couldn't exactly tell them what she was really doing, traveling around through time and space with an alien called the Doctor, or solving cases of alien activity with a Martian under her command.

Speaking of, she really needed to do something about this. She debated about how to get Zal out of her apartment without anyone seeing him. There was also the added problem of the Doctor. Zal had heard the Tardis, so where was he? She bit her lip and thought about what to do, then she thought maybe the best thing to do was just to call him. If he was here now, surely he'd answer?

"Um.. I'll be right back, just have to.. do something." Clara told her family as she stood up. She smiled to reassure them that she wouldn't be long, then she hurried off to the back room and grabbed her cell phone off of the nightstand. She had him on speed dial, so it didn't take long to call. She put the phone to her ear and waited while it rang.

She felt a surge of frustration when he still didn't answer the phone. It went to the answering machine, again. Clara so far had hung up every time her calls reached the answering machine, but this time, he was supposed to be nearby, and she needed help, so she decided to leave a message and hope he picked up.

At the beep, she started to talk while she paced around her room a little.
"Doctor? Where are you? I've been trying to call you for months and you won't answer your phone, so you better pick up, right now!" She told him, annoyance evident in her tone. "I know you're in the Tardis somewhere..although I wouldn't be surprised if the Tardis is just redirecting my calls so you won't get them.." She suddenly thought of that possibility.

"Anyway.. I really need your help Doctor.. it's my birthday and my family's come to visit and I've got a martian hiding in the back room, and I just.. I need help. So please, please just answer the phone..?" She waited for a moment, then sighed. "Alright.. I guess you're not answering. Please help me out though.. I've got an Ice warrior in my flat, and I've got no idea what to do about it.. please Doctor. I need your help." She sighed as she hung up and frowned.

Maybe he would get the message. She hoped so. Having nothing else to do now, she went back to the main room and smiled as she rejoined her family.
"Sorry about that, where were we?" She asked cheerfully.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 7:37 pm

Zalatar had his head close to the door as Clara entered. There was a brief clang of metal hitting against wood that made the family look back with confusion as to what she was doing. Zalatar hissed in anger before letting himself relax while Clara dealt with calling the doctor.

As he listened Zalatar gave her an odd look when she mentioned him in the message. More the way she said it. Though he couldn't blame her for hiding a warrior of prowess like himself. Though he wished he could display it in front of humans more often, just not in this case.

When Clara came back everyone looked and smiled while she asked where they left off. Her grandmother was about to speak when she noticed something.

"Does anyone hear that?" she asked. "It sounds like steam escaping."

What it was really was Zalatar's breathing and hissing. He didn't realize how loud it was until she mentioned, making him try to be softer with it. Though being in armor all the time did tend to make someone exhausted.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 10:55 pm

After coming back into the main room, Clara started to hope that Zal didn't take any offense to what she had said on the phone to the Doctor. She hadn't meant it to be offensive or anything, she was just trying to get the Doctor's attention so he wouldn't just ignore her. She didn't know why he hadn't come yet.

Holding back a sigh, Clara looked at her gran when she asked about the noise.
"Hm?" She looked around, then realized that they could hear Zalatar's breathing. She quickly tried to think of something to tell her.
"Oh, right. That's just.. um, a leaky..thing. It's nothing, they're supposed to come fix it." She lied, shrugging.

"So um.." She tried to think of some excuse to get them out of the flat. "Oh! I have a great idea, how about we go out to a restaurant?" She suggested brightly. "Cause, you know, I just really don't feel like cooking. After the souffle, I just sort of.. you know." She sighed softly, and smiled around at her family. "So what about it?" She smiled winningly at her dad and gran.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 11:03 pm

"A restaurant?" her father asked. "And after all the trouble we went through to get here? Come now, Clara. That's a little rude, don't you think?" Zalatar backed up a little before bumping into a dresser and making a little bump. He turned and realized what he did before hearing her father ask "Is somebody else here?"

Before Clara could give any excuse her grandmother asked "Oh, Clara? Are you hiding some man in your house because you're shy about it?" She had a coy smile before asking "Is he ugly? Or just too handsome you don't want to share?"

Zalatar, feeling the nee to hide better, did something he knew he'd regret. By the time Clara or anyone else would come investigate they would find no sign of anything of the Ice Warrior. In reality he'd clumsy stuck his armor into the closet before exiting from it and hiding somewhere else in the apartment. But where?
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 11:23 pm

Clara tried not to let her disappointment show on her face too much. She had hoped that would work in getting them to leave the apartment so she could smuggle Zalatar out. She smiled apologetically to her dad.
"Sorry. It's just, I.." She broke off when there was a noise from the back bedroom, and her gran asked if she had a man hiding there.

"Uh.. no." She said, adopting a puzzled look. She stood up, unsure what to do. "There's no one here but us." She frowned and bit her lip lightly. "Let me just.. check that out.." She said, hurrying into the back room. She glanced around and then looked genuinely puzzled when she didn't see Zal there anywhere. "Zalatar?" She whispered, confused.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 11:27 pm

While her family still sat in the living room confused, Clara would hear a hissing coming from the bathroom. When she would further investigate a lizard clawed hand would be resting in the tub with the shower curtain pulled in front so she could not see the full body of Zalatar sitting in the tub. A pair of red eyes peeked out to see her, letting him confirm he was safe to speak but very quietly.

"Forgive me, Commander." he softly hissed. "I did not want to make any further noise. But please, do not come closer. I do not wish to be seen in my.....condition."

As soon as Clara was speaking with Zal her father walked down the hall and called "Clara? Everything alright?"
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 12:03 am

Clara was quite puzzled when she didn't find Zal in the room. She looked around for a bit, and peeked into the closet. She saw the armor, and bit her lip when she realized that Zal wasn't in it. He could be anywhere, now. She wasn't sure if this was something to be worried about or relieved about.

Venturing a peek into the bathroom, she looked around before noticing his hand. She then saw him peek out from the shower curtain. She relaxed a little after finding him. She had opened her mouth and was about to reply to Zal, when her dad called out, asking if everything was ok. Clara glanced back toward the main room, hoping he wouldn't come any further. She decided she better get back there and reassure them that everything was fine.

"Uh.. yeah, fine." She called back. "Just a.. bird." She went back to the room with her family. "Poor thing flew into the window." She said sadly. "So, um.. Where were we?" She sat cross legged in an empty chair, still trying to think of what to do. It was beginning to look like the Doctor wasn't going to show up after all, so what else could she do?
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 12:08 am

Zalatar shrunk back when her father came, thankfully he not seeing him or what Clara was doing. When they went back to the living room Zalatar kept listening from the bathroom, still keeping himself hidden.

When Clara asked where they were her father said "We were at the part where you wanted to go all the way to a restaurant to eat."

"Oh come now." her grandmother spoke up. "It's her birthday after all. I say we go."

The two bickered a little for a few moments before an agreement was made. They would go but Clara would agree to make dinners for when both of their birthdays came up as repayment. At first everything seemed in the clear, Zalatar relaxing when he heard what they were going to do, but then...

"Before we go, I just need to pop into the bathroom." her grandmother said as she started walking towards it.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 12:55 am

Clara glanced from her gran to her dad, listening as they argued. She tried to interject things occasionally, but they were rather engrossed in their argument. Clara was a bit relieved when they finally agreed to go out, and she readily accepted their conditions.

She stood up and was about to say she was going to grab her jacket, when her gran said she had to go to the bathroom. Clara froze for a moment, thinking rapidly of what to do.
"Uh.. hang on a moment. I um, I have to check on that leaking.. thing I mentioned earlier. I'll just make sure it's alright first, be right back." She smiled at her grandmother before hurrying off down the hall.

She hesitated a moment, then lightly knocked before she poked her head around the bathroom door.
"You have to hide somewhere else.. my gran needs to come in here." She whispered. She thought for a moment. "Maybe you could go back to where you hid your armor?" She suggested.

Not wanting to take too long, she walked back toward the main room, trying to give plenty of time for Zal to get out of the bathroom and hidden elsewhere. Once she felt there should have been sufficient time for him to do so, she returned to the main room and smiled.
"Well, it seems to be fine for now, just um, avoid the shower tap. Course, you'll not be using that, but I'd avoid it anyway.." She said, then shrugged and blushed faintly.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 1:02 am

Zalatar, hearing this from Clara took a moment to think of where else to hid. Of course he told her not to look while he did before he indicated he was ready. After that Clara's gran heard her mention not using the shower tap even though, as Clara pointed out, she wasn't using it anyway.

Her gran used the bathroom and finished without anything going wrong. However she did keep smelling the place as it seemed off. She knew it wasn't from her yet it seemed like it was all around the house too.

When she went back to Clara and her father she said "I think you should put some candles in here, deary. It smells awfully rank. You didn't happen to have any animals in here, did you?"

Despite this and whatever excuse Clara made they eventually left. Zalatar still waited until Clara would tell him, one way or another, the coast was clear. He still stayed silent as he hid where he decided to go.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 9:20 am

Clara explained away the smell as something to do with that leaking pipe, and apologized for the smell. As they were about to go, Clara stopped.
"I just need to grab my coat, I'll meet you down at the car, alright?" She smiled at them and went to get her coat as they went to go down to the car.

Once in her room again, she glanced around.
"Zal?" She whispered, not sure where he was hiding now. She peeked in the bathroom, then looked in the closet. "Zalatar.. I've got them go leave." She told him. "I'll signal you when it's clear to leave." She thought for a moment, then decided that she could call the phone from her cell phone once they had gone. "When you hear the phone ring, that'll be a signal that it's all clear and you can leave."

She grabbed her coat.
"Sorry about this, but it's my family, and they're expecting to spend time with me.." She sighed a little. She had been excited about going to find the Doctor, but she supposed that could wait a couple of hours while she visited with her family. "I'll be back soon." She grabbed her bag and then got her cell phone before heading out.

She paused at the door and thought about Zal, then she left the door ajar, but she locked the doorknob. She figured, while the Ice Warrior was inside her flat, she needn't worry about anyone breaking in because they would have to get past Zal before they tried to take anything. Hoping he could hear her, Clara called softly,
"Zalatar, I'm leaving the door open for you, but when you leave, just pull it closed and it'll be locked." She listened for any reply, then hurried down the steps to meet her family at the car, hoping Zal would be able to get the door.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 9:30 am

Zalatar stayed quiet while Clara was explaining everything to him about when to leave, waiting for the right signals and so forth. The entire time he stayed quiet to be on the safer side until the phone would ring. When mention of the door came he took that mental note and held onto it while hearing Clara leave.

Finally he came out from hiding, which was under Clara's bed. The naked Ice Warrior in the meantime browsed about in his commander's home, taking note of how small it was and yet still managed to fit so much inside. He eventually found pictures of Clara and his family, looking over them with his own reflection from the frames staring back. Seeing all the different tender moments between Clara and the others made him question if this was what families on Earth were like.

The phone rang and Zalatar figured it was Clara calling to give his signal to leave. With that he slipped back into his armor before making for the door. Funny enough someone was passing by, a young teenage boy who noticed an open flat door and figured it was an easy way to find something to steal.

The minute he opened the door he was met by a heavily armored Martian who looked down at him with red eyes and hissed. The boy ran in fear while Zalatar closed the door and, trying to stay as careful as possible, made his way back to the dump to await Clara.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 12:14 pm

After a rather enjoyable time with her family at the nearby restaurant, Clara was glad to get home at last. She enjoyed the visit, but she was eager to find out what Zal had found out, and to locate the Doctor. She hoped that they weren't too late. What if he had already come and gone, while she was out with her family?

Clara ran up the steps to her apartment, finding the door locked as she had hoped. She went in only long enough to check that Zal was in fact gone, and then she hurried back down and went to the junk yard where he had set up his base.

She paused outside the door and glanced both ways before slipping in through the opening of the I.M. Foreman junkyard. Using a flashlight to light her way, she found her way to the base where Zal would likely be.
"Zalatar?" She called out into the darkness. "It's Clara.. where are you?" She looked around a little, waiting for him to show himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Closed RP's-
Jump to: