Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapMy Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_voting_barMy Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapMy Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_voting_barMy Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 12:21 pm

Night had come and Zalatar was wondering what was keeping Clara. Obviously he wasn't aware of what a family celebration was like, or how long it was, so he began to become impatient on the idea that Clara would've been back sooner. When he did hear her approaching he looked around, listening as her voice called out. When he approached it was from behind.

"Commander, there you are." he hissed, likely startling her a bit. "I wished to tell you that I have sent a signal back towards the source of the noise. Hopefully it will bring the Doctor to this location. As well as the message you left."
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

Location : In the Tardis! | Brooke: In the Tardis Library, of course.

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 12:48 pm

Clara spun around when Zal spoke to her from behind her. She looked up at him and listened as he told her about sending a signal back. She wondered if this was a good or a bad thing. She wasn't sure if it would help or not, but she didn't comment.

"Right, so do you have any idea where the Tardis has landed?" She asked. "Or, actually.. is the signal still out there?" She asked, suddenly worried that maybe the Tardis had only gone past the area and was already long gone. She hoped that wasn't the case.

She also hoped that the Doctor got her message and came to help her. Even though the actually needing help part was past, she still wanted the Doctor to come. She kept wondering why he wasn't answering her calls. She was starting to feel a bit forgotten by him, and she couldn't figure out what was keeping him away.
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorcking.com
Teeth&Curls
Student
Student
Teeth&Curls

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 5:26 pm

"Queen to Rook 7."

"Ah, K-9! What a terrible move! You really should have thought about your move better."

The Doctor laid on the TARDIS floor, scarf wrapped lazily around his neck as he clinked the pieces forward on the chess board. The hand carved ivory and ebony pieces still reeked of perfume and incense, a gift from the Maharaja of India in the 12th Century for saving his prized elephants from poachers from the fifth star in the constellation of Orion.

In the quiet hum of the console room, the only sounds that echoed through the massive space was the scratchy record of Don Giovanni in the background. The crescendos and decrescendos, the orchestra stringing and linking melodies and harmonies, almost hypnotically entrancing the Doctor---

*RING RING RING*

The sound broke into the melodic entrancement of the Opera. The Doctor's eyes split wide open, obviously startled by the unusual sound.

*RING RING RING*

The Doctor looked up to the console, and hopped up on his feet. He began to frantically search the console for the source of the sound. "K-9? Are you making that sound?"

"Negative, master. The sound appears to be a telephone alert."

"I know what a telephone sounds like, you tin trash compactor."

*RING RING RING*

The Doctor, furiously typing on his console, desperately trying to locate the source of the sound. When at last, it hit him. The Doctor looked up at the doors of the TARDIS, back down to K-9, and back to the door. "Well....we are a police telephone box."
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 5:51 pm

"The signal will stay in focus for the time being, Commander." Zalatar hissed. "I have accessed it's original source with my armor. So wherever I am, the Doctor and his TARDIS will arrive."

With that the Ice Warrior looked around for a few moments waiting to see if anything would happen. He walked back to his section in his little base and sat down, patiently waiting for the Doctor's arrival. In any incident otherwise he still stood on standby for Clara's protection and/or orders as well.

His red eyes kept looking up and around, expecting the Doctor's TARDIS to come flying in from above. He'd only heard rumors and stories but never seen either of them in person. To say that he was like a child a Christmas was as close to an analogy as you could meet with this Martian soldier.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 6:09 pm

Clara listened as Zal explained, and she nodded a little to show her understanding. She wondered how he had it accessed to his armor, but she was pretty sure the Ice Warrior's armor was way more technologically advanced than anything on Earth, so she figured it could do stuff she couldn't imagine.

Pacing around slightly, Clara wondered whether they would be seeing the Doctor soon. She bit her lip lightly, then went to the door of the scrapyard and peeked out cautiously. What if the Tardis landed somewhere just out of sight, and they missed him? Or, what if the Tardis really did redirect her call, and the Doctor never even got her message?
"Wouldn't put it past that old cow.." She mumbled under her breath as she folded her arms, referring to the Tardis which had made it rather clear that she did not like Clara.

Thinking of something, Clara turned back to Zal and tipped her head to the side.
"By the way.. were you the one who broke the top of the front door of my building?" She inquired, that suddenly popping into her head, and she was curious about that. It hadn't been like that yesterday, and she'd noticed it when she went out with her family to the restaurant.
Back to top Go down
Teeth&Curls
Student
Student
Teeth&Curls

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 6:32 pm

The ever curious Doctor walked over to the TARDIS console, flipped a knob, and was immediately hurled against the interior walls. The console screeched and moaned, sparked and smoked. K-9, who was often the sore victim of said unexpected misfortunes, was flipped over on his side near the base of the console. "Master?"

The Doctor's back ached from being slammed up against the wall. He was getting too old for this. He managed to get himself adjusted and stood back up. He went over to the console to make sure everything was (somewhat) okay. He rubbed his hand up one side of the panel, and back down, leaning in close enough to kiss it. "What's the matter, old girl?"

The TARDIS buzzed and hummed quietly, as if nothing had happened. However, when the Doctor checked his coordinates, he had realized the TARDIS stopped moving. It had landed somewhere. Without further avail, the Doctor checked the TARDIS archives, in any effort to make sense of his coordinates.

Impatient, the Doctor ran over to the coat rack, grabbed his scarf and coat, and hurried out the door to see for himself.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 6:37 pm

Upon hearing Claa's question Zalatar hissed instead of answering. Obviously he was a bit embarrassed to say so, given that Clara had told him to be more careful before.

The noise had finally come in real life. The odd sounding horn that could only come from the TARDIS itself. Zalatar perked up when the sound started off low before slowly growing and eventually growing loud enough that he could see where it was coming from.

The TARDIS manifested just in front of where his base was, Zalatar glad to see his plan worked. When it had fully 'landed' Zalatar rose to his feet and proceeded towards it. Despite Clara being there he pushed past her to be the one to meet with the Doctor first.

When he emerged Zalatar was not aware that this was not the Doctor they were waiting for. Instead he only gave a hissed of delight when he saw the man with the long scarf and curly hair.

"Greetings Doctor." he hissed. "It is an honor to finally meet you in person." He went down on one knee and finished with "I am humbled, sir."
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 6:55 pm

Clara smiled a little knowingly when Zal seemed reluctant to answer. She wasn't upset, but she was a little amused. It wasn't her apartment, per se, so she wasn't too bothered by it. The maintainence people would fix it, and it wasn't like they could charge her for the damages because they didn't know that it was her.. guest.. who had done the damages.

Before she had a chance to say anything else, Clara heard the Tardis materializing. She brightened up, her face lighting up with joy as she spun around toward the source of the noise, behind her. A grin spread across her face and, as the blue police box fully materialized, Clara ran to the door.

As she reached the door, it opened and out stepped.. a man. Clara didn't really look that closely at him, she only saw that it wasn't the man she was looking for, and so she paused briefly in confusion before ducking around him to step into the Tardis and glance around eagerly for the Doctor.

Upon entering, she stopped in puzzlement. This wasn't the inside of the Tardis as she knew it. It was all wrong.
"Doctor?" She called out, confused. She then slowly turned and stared at the man who had stepped out of the Tardis, finding that he had turned and was staring at her.

"Um.." She began, a little awkward. "Sorry. I was expecting... another Doctor." She said apologetically. She noticed Zal had gone to his knees and was addressing the Doctor. She wasn't sure how to go about telling the Martian that, although this was indeed the Doctor, it was the wrong Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Teeth&Curls
Student
Student
Teeth&Curls

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 5:35 pm

The Doctor, upon exiting his craft, was immediately greeted with a terrifyingly familiar face: an Ice Warrior. Before the Doctor could slam the doors in his face, the creature greeted him in the traditional Ice Warrior greeting of honor. Stunned and confused, the Doctor exited his craft, searching for the right words to pontificate to the martian's compliments.

"I, uh, am most honored as well, uh, I didn't happen to catch your name? Now listen, I don't know what you're doing here on Earth, but if any of your friends are around trying to conquer this planet, you've got another thi--"

Interrupting the Doctor's fair warnings to the Ice Warrior, he saw a fairly young girl running towards the blue box. Pushing past the Doctor and the Ice Warrior, seeming unphased by the alien creature, she rushed into the TARDIS. Echoing from inside, he could hear her called for the Doctor. Turning around, he met her eyes when she turned around, the obvious look of confusion rushing across her face as she saw the Doctor and the Ice Warrior enter the craft.

"The other Doctor?! Listen here, I am the definite article! The real deal. Were you expecting someone else?"

Again, being interrupted by the TARDIS, the console began to release a warning signal, flashing and blaring inside the console room. The Doctor rushed over to the console, flipping switches and pushing buttons frantically. A look of horror flashed across his face. "We've got no time for pleasantries. Take a listen."

He flipped a switch, turning on a radio intercom with no defined source, broadcasting a message that seemed interstellar.

"Attention creatures of Earth. This is Commander Zaul of the Second Imperial Faction of the Martian Empire. Surrender your weapons and your resources, and prepare to be conquered in the name of the Mars and the Ice Warrior empire."
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 6:14 pm

When asked the Ice Warrior said "I am Zalatar, sir." with a hiss. "And this is my commander..."

He was indicating to Clara before she'd already proceeded forward and into the TARDIS. Zalatar found it odd of her to just suddenly walk into the TARDIS, even if she did know the Doctor. But then, upon hearing her say he wasn't the Doctor Zalatar rose to his feet and looked confused.

"But he must be, Commander Clara." he hissed. "He is a timelord, correct? And he travels in a blue box. There is no one else in the universe who it could otherwise be."

Before anymore information could be attained, either by Clara or the Doctor, Zalatar saw as he rushed off to deal with the controls before cautiously stepping into the TARDIS himself. He took a moment to look around in awe at the spectacle of hos larger it was on the inside before seeing the small robotic dog in the room.

"What sort of creature is this?" he asked, indicating K-9. Before he could get hi answers he listened to the transmission being sent and seemed both confused and yet anxious about it. "Commander....Zaul?" he said before asking "Where is that transmission coming from? I need the source's location."
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 6:51 pm

Clara blushed faintly as the Doctor insisted that he was in fact the Doctor, and asked if she was expecting someone else.
"Uh, well.. yes, actually." She said. "And, no.." She sighed, feleing disappointed. She had been expecting the Doctor.. her Doctor.. to come back for her. This was the Doctor, but he was too early. He had no idea who she was. He hadn't come for Clara.

She thought for a moment how to explain to him what she meant, but then Zal was asking her why she said this wasn't the Doctor, saying there was no one else it could be.
"Yes, I know that.. it's complicated." She said with a sigh. She turned to the Ice Warrior and hesitated. "He is the Doctor." She confirmed, with a brief glance at the man in the long, multicolored scarf. "Just.. before I've met him." She finished quietly.

She watched as the Doctor rushed over to the console to deal with an alarm from the Tardis of some sort. Clara groaned softly.
"Probably complaining about me.." She mumbled. "Old cow.." She added under her breath with a brief glance of suspicion around at the Tardis.

But it turned out not to be a complaint about Clara from the Tardis, and instead was an announcement from some Ice Warrior commander that they were going to attack the Earth, and demanding that they surrender. Clara turned to look at Zalatar, wide eyed as she heard this demand.
"Commander Zaul.. Do you know him?" She asked Zal curiously, frowning.

This didn't seem good at all. Not only the thing about them trying to conquer Earth, but it crossed her mind that he might join his fellow Ice Warriors in their plans. Clara glanced at the Doctor, feeling a bit nervous.
"What do we do?" She asked, frowning.
Back to top Go down
Teeth&Curls
Student
Student
Teeth&Curls

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 1:03 pm

The Doctor, frantically maintaining the helm, yanked a lever on the opposite side of the console from where he was standing, sending the TARDIS into a very mild, gentle rocking motion. The Doctor looked up from his console towards Clara and the the Ice Warrior Zal. "Commander Zaul is one of the most dangerous renegade Ice Warriors and the head of one of the most dangerous clan leaders that ever walked the universe. No mercy, no honor."

The Doctor zoomed around the console room, beepers buzzing and lights flashing. The TARDIS was flying and zooming through the stars and universe, flying past stars and moons, and finally came to a gentle halt. The Doctor looked up from his busy work. "There's not a whole lot we can--wait, SHE'S your Commander? Well, I suppose truth is stranger than fiction."

The Doctor kicked a switch, turned around to face the companions in his TARDIS with a serious look, and leaned up against the console. "I am the Doctor, yes. This little tin dog is K-9, he's useful sometimes. This is the TARDIS, as you may see. You've known me from my future, so you have the advantage of knowing where I go and what I do. I may ask that the first rule of time travel is not to interfere with history. Like reading ahead in a book. If you know the ending, it becomes definite. HOWEVER, I do have one rule aboard my ship: first things, first. But not necessarily in that order."
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 1:23 pm

Given how the Doctor already knew Zaul, Zalatar was impressed with his knowledge of the Martian people. Given that this was not the Doctor apparently intended by Clara to call, the young Ice Warrior was still grateful to be in his presence nonetheless.

After everything was said by the Doctor Zalatar added in with "Zaul was dishonored because of his tactics in battle. But he was not alone. A few other warriors joined him in what he believes to be a noble cause of no mercy to win battles." With a low angered hiss he finished with "My father once knew him as a friend until he turned his back on our people. But I want to find him. If not for stopping him from attacking Earth, it will mean something if my people know that I stopped him."

He looked back to Clara to show how certian he was of his resolve to stopping Zaul. He was not considered among the people, much like Zalatar himself, but even he knew that there was no honor in his choices. If stopping him meant anything to his kind he would see it done in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 2:59 pm

Clara listened as the Doctor explained about the Ice Warrior who was demanding that the Earth surrender. She frowned thoughtfully. This didn't seem good at all. An Ice Warrior with no honor. She couldn't think of any possible way to stop him, in that case. She began to feel a bit more afraid.

The Doctor stopping in midsentence to express surprise over Clara being Zalatar's commander caused her to smile a little.
"It's.. a long story. So, um, your tin dog.. K-9 you say?" She asked, glancing over at the robotic dog on the floor. "Is he taking a nap?" She inquired, raising an eyebrow.

As the Doctor went on to discuss rules for the Tardis, Clara folded her arms and couldn't help a tiny smirk.
"You make about as much sense as you will in your future." She told him a little sarcastically. "Which is.. not much." She smiled sweetly at him and then turned to Zalatar, listening as he spoke.

She tried to imagine what it must be like for him, hearing this threat from the renegade Ice Warrior. She imagined Zaul was probably a bit like a bandit in the Ice Warrior's eyes. She offered a kind smile to her Ice Warrior friend.
"I'm sure they'll see you as a brave and honored warrior, when they hear of how you helped stop Zaul." She told him.

She hoped they would be able to stop him, anyway. She tried not to let her fear show, but she was really quite scared to think of facing an army of merciless Ice Warriors with no sense of honor, with only one Ice Warrior on her side. And the Doctor. But not the Doctor she knew. What if he wasn't as capable as.. well, then again, the Doctor she knew had his moments of seeming rather incapable..

Suppressing a small smile at that thought, Clara turned to the Doctor.
"So, what do we do?" She asked. Then, she glanced around a bit. "Wait, hang on.. are we in space right now?" She asked, surprised. She considered taking a peek out of the doors, but she didn't want to go falling out into space, if they were in space. "What are we doing in space?" She inquired, raising an eyebrow inquisitively.
Back to top Go down
Teeth&Curls
Student
Student
Teeth&Curls

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 9:38 pm

The Doctor turned to the girl, nodded to the Ice Warrior, then back to the girl. "It does appear that we are indeed in space, my dear Clara. And this Ice Warrior, Zaul, is no laughing matter. Nor can he be dealt with in any ordinary fashion. I've faced these green, lego-handed...no offense, Zal, you seem quite nice...creatures before. And in no certain pleasant terms."

The Doctor yanked a lever on his TARDIS, which sent the console room into a fit: spinning, whirling, twirling, and twisting. The hatstand near the door was knocked to it's side. Scarves of various lengths and sizes went toppling to the floor. The Doctor hung onto the console for dear life, a habit that he was now used to.

After the ado settled, the Doctor flipped a switch that revealed a rather large screen to the outside. The TARDIS was positioned in front of a rather large and massive looking ship, freckled with rust red dust and battle warn black smudges. "Ahh! How very interesting."

The Doctor turned to Zal. "I'm assuming you know what THAT is."

He turned to Clara. "That, my dear, is a Mark VII Martian Imperial Battle Cruiser, outlawed by the Proclamation of the Seventh Order under the Sontaran/Ice Warrior Alliance about two centuries ago. Presumably they were all destroyed....looks like they've missed one."
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 10:09 pm

While the Doctor spoke of the other Ice Warriors he encountered Zalatar wasn't interested. His mind was so focused on stopping Zaul that he didn't hear when the Doctor has almost insulted his kind. To be frank he wouldn't have cared anyway. Words were not the true warriors weapons, not true ones at least.

"The Doctor is correct, Commander Clara." he did say when it was mentioned that Zaul and his men were dangerous. "Zaul was one of the highest ranking warriors among the fleets until his exile. During that time he'd gained a number of loyal officers to follow him. When he was exiled so were the rest. But instead they took it as a prideful step into their new order. When they fight they do so without helmets, to show the glorious figure of Martian kind."

When the image of the ship was brought up Zalatar hissed a little, though loud enough that it could be heard by Clara and the Doctor. The sight of the ship both angered him but also made the warrior a little nervous.

"That is his ship, given to him for his services in the war. It is called the Olympian, after the great mountain of our planet. This will make things.....difficult."
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 12:28 am

Clara gasped as the Tardis suddenly began trying its best to knock her around. She grabbed onto the nearest thing to grab onto, and tried to keep steady. She was slammed into the console a couple of times but other than a few mild bruises, she was fine by the time everything calmed down.

After the wild carnival ride effect was over, Clara tentatively released her grip on the console, and pushed her hair back behind her ears as she looked out of the window that displayed a big, intimidating looking ship. She was about to ask about it when the Doctor explained what it was.

Hearing this, she looked a bit troubled. She turned to Zal as he explained a bit more on it, and considered the bit about them not wearing helmets.
"I'm guessing that's a dishonorable thing for Ice Warriors then, yeah?" She asked, giving Zal an inquisitive look. She looked back out at the ship, which was apparently called Olympian. "Looks in bad condition, maybe it's got some weaknesses?" She suggested. "I mean.. isn't that rust spots on it?" She tried to be optimistic, and pointed out the smudges and stuff that she could see on the outside of the ship.
Back to top Go down
Teeth&Curls
Student
Student
Teeth&Curls

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 4:52 pm

The Doctor scanned the Martian ship with his eyes, and perhaps twice over with his TARDIS. The computer aboard the TARDIS began to fizz and hum, then released a rather pleasant *TING*, as if one's turkey could be done.

The Doctor raced over to the panel here the computer analysis screen was displaying readouts. The screen was zooming with circular Gallifrean and thousands, if not millions of numbers and data displays. The Martian ship, which was the focus of the main readout of course, provided to be of rather interesting specs. "Ah-HA!"

The Doctor looked up at the odd couple in his console room with a grin, and then casually walked over to his coat rack. He obtained his frock and a scarf, which somehow had made it's way to the rack, adorned them, then grabbed his green velvet hat from atop the bobbing time rotor, and yanked a lever on his way past the console.

The doors trilled open, and the Doctor exited the TARDIS.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 5:00 pm

In answer to Clara's question the Ice Warrior hissed "The rust shows signs of scaring. Obviously Zaul has had this ship for most of his career. But the hull of the ship is designed to endure the sands of Mars constant erosion. And from what I have seen, this vessel we are in does not have offensive capabilities. We will need to strike from within."

He turned as the Doctor began to work on whatever console readouts he was looking over at the control panel for the TARDIS. From what Zalatar could understand they seemed like the schematics for the ship itself. There wasn't much he could say about them, given he wasn't as verse in these sort of things as compared to proper Martian scientist.

When the Doctor exited Zalatar followed, asking the obvious question of "Where have you taken us, Doctor?"
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 4:35 pm

Clara listened as Zal explained about the rust spots, and frowned. So it wasn't going to have any weak spots after all. There went that idea. She tried to think of something else that might be helpful, but no ideas came to her. She glanced over at the Doctor, wishing it was the Doctor that she was familiar with. He was busy working at the console, checking the readouts of the computer and such.

Clara raised an eyebrow as the Doctor grabbed his coat and a scarf, and wondered how he could think that thing actually looked good. And then a hat? She was beginning to see where her Doctor got his dress sense from, anyway. Clearing her throat lightly, she addressed the Doctor.
"Um, are you sure it's cold enough for that..?" She asked, gesturing in general at the scarf, with a look on her face like 'it really looks..questionable.'

Shrugging as he rushed out of the Tardis dressed like that anyway, Clara followed after him and Zal, who asked the question that Clara was about to ask. She attempted to peek out from between the Doctor and Zal, both of whom were quite a bit taller than her. She tried to stand on her tiptoes to see, but they were both too tall.
"What is it?" She asked, slightly frustrated that her view was blocked by the two 'giants' she was stuck standing behind.
Back to top Go down
Teeth&Curls
Student
Student
Teeth&Curls

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 5:26 pm

An icy chill permeated the TARDIS as the doors opened up. Outside the TARDIS was dark and dank, almost musty with a slight metallic tinge to the air. The Doctor's boots clanged as they hit the grating of the hallway. He turned back to the two who were peering out of the TARDIS.

"I've taken you into the lion's den directly. We are aboard the martian ship. Now, I've dealt with these rogues before, and if my memory serves me correctly, there are more peaceful tactics to handling situations like this than just barging straight into battle. The plan is to meet the commander of this ship and negotiate a settlement."

The Doctor's eyes raced with fury and unwillingness. The usually friendly and toothy-grinned Doctor had taken a dark and serious commitment to his role in this battle, and he seemed willing and desperate to negotiate anything for the safety of humanity. Whether or not he had realized that this could be a possible suicide mission was beyond the comprehension of his thinking at the moment, but he had assured himself in a passing thought that he knew he couldn't do this alone.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 5:39 pm

For a moment Zalatar felt a nostalgic flutter of memories pass through his mind as he stepped onto the ship. He'd not been inside an actual Martian ship for so long, not since his days of service. Being back inside one, and the infamous Olympian at that, it had almost seemed like a whole other life time for the young soldier.

His thoughts came back to reality when the Doctor had opt to negotiate with Zaul and his crew. Zalatar's immediate reaction was a angered hiss before walking up to face the Doctor close-up to show how intent he was to not negotiate peace with these rouges.

"These soldiers to not deserve peace." the Ice Warrior hissed. "They have no honor. And they do not seek redemption for it. They have lost the rights for negotiating long ago. The only offering they will have his the closest thing to an honorable death I can grant them."

Of course in this little bout of anger Zalatar had forgotten it wasn't his word or the Doctor's that would be final but Clara's.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 8:03 pm

Clara shivered a little and wrapped her jacket a little tighter around herself, following the Doctor and Zal out of the Tardis and into the martian ship that Zal had called Olympion. She wondered where they got that name, because it reminded her of something from a Greek legend. She pushed that to the back of her mind and focused on what the Doctor was saying.

That was where the Doctor and Zal had a difference of opinion. Clara glanced from one to the other, frowning a little. On the one hand, she wanted to say that the Doctor was right. But on the other hand, she had a feeling Zal was more right, in saying that they would likely not listen to reason. With a normal Martian, she could see where the Doctor could probably negotiate peace with them. But if these guys didn't care about honor, what could convince them not to attack Earth?

"Um.." She glanced at Zal and then at the Doctor. "Doctor.. I don't think they're going to listen to reason." She told him. "But.. Zalatar, I do think we should.. maybe try it, at least?" She suggested, thinking maybe the Doctor had an idea that would work, that she wasn't thinking of.
Back to top Go down
Teeth&Curls
Student
Student
Teeth&Curls

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 8:29 pm

The Doctor turned around to look at the duo, who were still standing in the doorway of the TARDIS. He approached Zal menacingly and with fury in his eyes. He came nearly nose-to-nose with the Martian, releasing his fire and anger, which almost seemed centuries old.

"Listen to me, you lizard from the dawn of time. I've met your species before, on several occasions, and not with the best intentions. I've seen my companions experience hypothermia from your species' lack of respect and honor for prisoners of war. I've experienced firsthand the terror of being subject to your culture's need to adapt the Earth to fit their own special terraforming needs. I've felt life slip between my fingers as I've watched laboratories filled with some of the most brilliant minds dissolve before my eyes. Just once I'd like to choose a better option than fighting. For once, I'd like to give HIM the choice of life or death. He chooses the latter, I adapt to a more drastic plan. Until then, shut up and sit back."
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 8:34 pm

After hearing the Doctor give his little rant Zalatar hissed a little from his raised voice. Despite what Clara had said he still looked defiant towards the Doctor, staring at him through his red visor eyes. After a moment he finally began to smirk before backing away from the Doctor.

"You would make a fine commander, Doctor." he said before turning back to Clara and saying "I can see why you thought we would need his help."

With that out of the way the Ice Warrior stood aside and allowed the human and Time Lord to take command. Even at his worst Zalatar knew to respect authority, especially when it was demonstrated to him the way the Doctor had just done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)   My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Favorite Martian (Clara, Zal, 4)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next