Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)  I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)  I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)  I_vote_lcapAlice Carrington (Treela's secondary)  I_voting_barAlice Carrington (Treela's secondary)  I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)  I_vote_lcapAlice Carrington (Treela's secondary)  I_voting_barAlice Carrington (Treela's secondary)  I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)  Empty
PostSubject: Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)    Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 1:13 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Alice Carrington

Species: Human

Hair: Black
Eyes: Green
Height: 5’ 4”
Figure: Slim
Other: N/A
Clothing: Alice tends to dress in a more common fashion of her time, wearing a striped shirt and black skirt with an apron tied around her waist with a large bow on the back. She also wears long black socks and buckled, heeled shoes.

Family: Archibald Carrington (Father; deceased) Emily Carrington (Mother; deceased) Elizabeth “Lizzie” Carrington Becket (Older Sister) Samuel Carrington (Uncle) Emily Carrington (Aunt) Marcus Becket (Brother-in-law)

Personality: Alice is clever, quick-witted and can be direct with anyone. Often she’ll speak her mind, despite if the comment sounds rude, and tends to take a direct approach with most problems. However she does have a curious nature, is kind to those who show respect to her and quick to dislike those who don’t.

Strengths:
Well Educated
Not easily frightened
Witty Nature
Weakness:
Curiosity can sometimes get the better of her
Not easy to forgive others

Tea
Animals (mainly cats and rabbits)

Dislikes:
Being treated like a child
Mentions of the book based on her (explained in History)
Feeling left out of the group/being treated like an outcast

Dream: Exploring the world and writing a book out her experience, and to prove others what she’d seen as a child was real (explained in history)

History:
Born in 19th century England in North Yorkshire as the youngest daughter of the Carrington family, Alice had never really had any friends.

Her father was a well-respected banker, making the Carrington family very rich and not often to mingle with “common folk”. Growing up Alice and her older sister, Lizzie, were taught by a governess hired by their mother. The only other children they tended to meet were those of their parent’s friends; that being where Lizzie would meet her future husband Marcus Becket. Anytime Alice would try to befriend she would tell of her imaginative ideas of fantasy worlds and writing stories based on them, like animals that could walk like people. Of course the other children thought she was odd and did not socialize with her.

When her parents became aware of their daughter’s lonely predicament they’d decided to buy her a pet cat, which she named Dinah. Dinah had become Alice’s only true friend by then and one she was so protective towards, never wanting to leave her alone or in another’s care. This loyalty and dependency would play a great part in what would soon be Alice’s life changing experience.

When she was ten years old, reluctantly waiting to leave for a family trip to East Sussex, Dinah had actually slipped through Alice’s mirror into a portal that sent her through time and space. When Alice followed, trying to get her cat back, she found herself on an alien planet which, to her 19th century childish mind, was some sort of fantasy world.

Despite this she continued her search for Dinah, eventually leading to her meeting a man with a funny hat and a magic wand: the Doctor. Only telling him she was looking for her cat the Doctor agreed to help, not realizing Alice’s unusual means of arriving in this time and place. Their search lead to where Dinah was about to be eaten by a group of alien scavengers, the Doctor managing to save her before both he and Alice made a run for it.

Eventually the two were able to escape unharmed, along with Dinah, and it was then that Alice told her whole story to the Doctor. Obviously curious about this “portal” the Doctor asked Alice to show him to where it was, she taking him back to the alley where she’d exited through. While Alice was not aware of what it truly was the Doctor knew it to be some sort of temporal anomaly that was quickly starting to disappear.

The Doctor had explained that Alice needed to go, she agreeing to do so but not before asking where she was and who he really was. Knowing her name and what was likely to come from this experience the Doctor had called this a “wondrous land” and insisted that he was only “the Doctor”. However when Alice asked if she would ever see him again he did not answer, only insisting that she hurry back home which she did.

By the time Alice returned she’d told her family of what happened within the two hours she’d been to this other world, only to discover barley any time went by for them. Of course when she told her story her family wasn’t convinced, even to where Alice tried to show them the portal she’d gone through. However when she returned to the mirror the portal was gone, her family now thinking she was playing a childish game before insisting her to leave for their vacation.

For a closer look at the events themselves, see here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As time went on Alice continued to tell her story to others, trying to convince them it was real and not some childish fantasy of hers. Of course everyone from adults to children waved this off as her imagination, even to the point of some calling her crazy for it. In fact it was one of the instances when a boy had called her “madder than a hatter’s noggin” that she actually lash out and hit him. This, along with her persistence, had caused her parents to make Alice seek psychiatric help when she was twelve.

For a year Alice had been looked over by a psychologist, still insisting what she’d seen wasn’t a dream. One of her more prominent descriptions of that world was “the Doctor with the funny hat”. It came to a point where she needed to be admitted to a mental institution for children in order to, as the doctor’s put it, “recover from this extreme childish delusion”. As reluctant as her parents were they agreed to send her, seeing as it was for her own good.

For the next two years Alice endured one evaluation and testing after another in order for her memories of the event to be drained from her mind. For most of the first year she was defiant, still holding onto her memory of the things she’d seen and the Doctor. However time and mental exhaustion won out in the end as Alice began to lose her memories of the event, especially because she wanted to go home to be with Dinah again.

An interesting note is that during this time Charles Dodgson, famously known as Lewis Carrol, had heard about Alice’s story and wrote a book based on it. While he claimed his story was based on someone named “Alice Liddell”, it was clear to the very few who knew that it was this Alice.

By the time she was fourteen Alice was released and brought back home, only to discover how much had changed when she was gone. Her father was terminally ill and, much to her heart break, Dinah had died from a carriage accident. Trying to make up time lost with her father, Alice stayed at his bedside for the remaining week he had left. During that time she’d told how her memories had become so vague that she could barely remember half of what she’d seen. One of her father’s last words to her was how sorry he was for making her forget, saying that “children need their wonderlands”.

Alice, now a little more logical and bitter over the years, had disagreed to this and believed that children needed to drop any foolish dreams and focus more on the true nature of the world. In fact this new attitude made Alice want to travel the real world and write about the true wonders to find in it.

With her father dead Alice and her family had been left with his wealth, yet knew it would not last them long. Thankfully Lizzie’s husband, Marcus, had agreed to take them into his home in Cardiff. When they moved, however, Alice insisted on bringing her mirror with her for “memory’s sake”. In reality Alice had constantly checked the mirror every day, just as she did as a child, just to see if the portal back to the Doctor would come again; though at this point she was lying to herself and insisting it was to prove to herself that it was real.

Within the two years living with Lizzie and Marcus Alice’s mother had passed away from a similar illness that took her father, leaving with only Lizzie left. However Marcus, being a well-respected lord, had found it hard to deal with being related to a well-known mental patient. There were times when both his and Lizzie’s friends would see Alice and comment on this which embarrassed the two. After not being able to bear with it anymore Lizzie insisted that Alice leave to live with their relatives in East Sussex, much to her sadness and resentment that her sister showed for this.

Now living with her uncle Samuel and Emily in East Sussex, Alice was not within the same rich environment as she had been most of her life.  Her uncle was a mere school teacher while her aunt would knit and repair dresses who also kept their large library well-kept. With this exposure Alice became more educated then women in her time, hoping to one day reach a profession that would lend her enough money to travel the world as she wanted. However she remained a simple house-keeper of sorts while helping her aunt and uncle when needed.

In the following two years Alice’s memories of what she’d seen as a child had faded into nothing but dreams. And even the dreams are so vague at times Alice can barely recall half the things she would see. Even the Doctor was a mere figment, yet Alice still remembers him as the man with the funny hat. And there are sometimes where, even when she can remember nothing else, she does remember how much she misses this man and hopes to see him again.

Last edited by Treela on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pavatti
Student
Student
Pavatti

PostSubject: Re: Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)    Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 4:18 am

This is really really interesting and well thought out. I'd love to see this character interact with others and this world.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)    Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 1:21 pm

Oh thank you. Sorry I didn't even see that you replied to this until now. Razz
Back to top Go down
Pavatti
Student
Student
Pavatti

PostSubject: Re: Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)    Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 2:57 pm

oh it's fine, I just find it such an interesting combination and take on two different stories coming together.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)    Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 9:54 pm

approved Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)    Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice Carrington (Treela's secondary)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Character Creation :: Character Creation-
Jump to: