Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Delirious on Delirium I_vote_lcapDelirious on Delirium I_voting_barDelirious on Delirium I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Delirious on Delirium I_vote_lcapDelirious on Delirium I_voting_barDelirious on Delirium I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Delirious on Delirium

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

Delirious on Delirium Empty
PostSubject: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 8:51 pm

[For Sonya and I]

The chair groaned as the Interfector leaned back in it, arms lifted over his head as he stretched.  His muscles strained, joints popped in a relieving manner which caused him to sigh in satisfaction.  After that was done the Time Lord straightened up in his seat and began plucking away at a keyboard.  He observed the screen and pressed the enter key, watching different equations and algorithms flash before him.  He crossed his arms across his chest and rubbed his chin as he watched.  A few minutes passed before he was finally reassured this time around would be a success. Third time is the charm, apparently.  Rising off his perch, he walked down the metallic stairs and exited his TARDIS.  He scanned the horizon and pulled a face before proceeding on his way.

The Interfector was on the planet Delirium of the Indigo constellation.  According to several tourism organizers it was a planet of romantic escape, though The Interfector was here for the raw material that this planet contained in every acre.  The stuff was nameless and was kept that way so entrepreneurs would not come to exploit the small planet for it's goods, leaving it hideous and poor economically.  

Sticking his hands in his pockets, the Interfector walked along a path that cut through thick foliage.  The place smelled sweet like honey and white roses, the plants ranged between fifty shades of red and purple, and the creatures inhabiting the place sung a relaxing tune.  He hoped he did not encounter too many mushy folk during his trip.  He just wanted be to grab the supplies he needed before heading out and using his time for experimenting.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 9:04 pm

Letting out a small huff of air, Sonya wandered along one of the pathways of the planet she discovered a few days ago. Honestly, she wasn't one for romantic trips or anything... Mushy like that, it bothered her to no end that there was actually a planet dedicated to all of it. Letting out a light groan, she ducked her head down as she passed a couple interlocked just off the side of the path, in clear view. Do these people have no dignity? She thought to herself, slightly embarrassed to have seen them. Picking up her pace quickly, she turned the corner only to run into another walker on the path.

Falling onto her backside, she let out a huff of air in surprise at the impact, a hand already rubbing the sore spot as her eyes drifted over to the figure she ran into. "Oh... What are you doing here?" Sonya asked in surprise once she registered the Interfector's face just across from where she sat on the path. Scrambling to her feet, she straightened her leather jacket and shoved her hands into her pockets, eyes narrowed slightly as she studied the Time Lord.

She didn't trust him really, but he had his good points too she supposed, thinking back to when he offered his mind and body to an intelligent AI so it wouldn't die. Her main cause of irritation for the man was the fact he went into the TARDIS and fiddled with her central console, attaching some device he created to her. "Uhm, anyway... Nice seeing you!" She said quickly, ducking her head as she made to pass him on her way to get back to the room the inhabitants of the planet had graciously given to her, convinced she would find someone to... Canoodle with while she stayed.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 9:33 pm

The material glows which gives it the possibility to act as an energy source. It releases a small dose of radiation to achieve the said glow, I have been told the illumination is blue. That is what lights this planet up at the evening hours... that knowledge is really unimportant to my research. What else have I heard about it...? The Interfector's brow was furrowed as he strode down the path, obviously consumed by his thoughts. When he collided with another being he was taken by surprise and air rushed out of his lungs. That was not very pleasant. He managed to keep upright by staggering backwards and drew his hands from his pockets just in case the ground wanted to become acquainted with him.

"Oh?" Was all he could say as he stared with utter confusion at Sonya. He did not take the Time Lady to be the type to enjoy a stay on Delirium. The Interfector did not have time to answer her inquiry since she was already saying her farewells. He held up his hand as if to place it on her shoulder and pause her retreat but he never actually touched her. Instead he moved backwards as she proceeded forwards. "I am sorry, but, why are you here?" Mainly he was curious to see if she heard about the nameless material but was also afraid he would answer her with, well, different intentions. He scratched his head and his face contorted with disturbance the more he thought about it so he promptly snapped out of it and regained an expression of neutrality.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 9:37 pm

Sonya shot a quick glance over at him out of the corner of her eyes, faintly amused how he continued to walk backwards in order to keep up with her. "I found this place by accident if you must know. I was aiming for Midnight." She huffed, trying to cover her awkward tone of voice with an irritated one. "Some how ended up here, the inhabitants gave me a room and free food, so I figured I might as well hang around and relax a bit. After the last few weeks, I think I deserve a vacation. Though not much of one considering no matter where I go I keep running into couples kissing and doing other unspeakable things in public." She grumbled, her eyes darting down at the path for a moment before looking back up in time to see the building she was saying in appear just at the end beyond the trees around them.

"What exactly are you doing here anyway? You don't strike me the type to be any more romantic than I am." Sonya suddenly asked, stopping in her tracks and eyeing the Time Lord curiously. He was the kind of man that would jump into any situation that offered danger or information, but a planet dedicated to love? No, he looked as out of place here as she did.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 9:58 pm

As Sonya explained the events that brought her here he couldn't help the tiny smile of amusement that quirked the corner of his mouth.  Well, that was a more relieving answer than what he was bracing himself for.  He had nodded slowly as she spoke, his face even twisting into the proper expressions as she mentioned the very images he had involuntarily caught glimpses of.  When Sonya stopped walking, the Interfector took two more steps back before coming to a halt himself.  

He looked at her a long while before responding to her question, "Well, you are right, I am not here for what this place has to offer based on their brochure.  I have always been interested in the things off the menu.  Such as the, let us call it Delirium, found all over this place.  It just drew my attention.  Is it not curious?  The substance that turns this red planet blue at night.  Did you know it is abiotic yet it acts like a plant?  Looks like one too, in fact.  I am not certain but I think it is what causes hormones to just go bonkers.  Hence all the money making and... you know."  The Interfector had been rambling about a topic that excited him but it was quickly tumbling down a hill he did not want to be on.  Which was the cause for his sudden vagueness.  He glanced in the direction of his TARDIS before crossing his arms and looking back at the Time Lady.

"Anyway, I just wanted to take several samples and see what I could find out and confirm for myself."  He didn't mention it to her but he was hoping he could use the material to power one of his new projects he was working on.  He wanted to give his TARDIS a voice.  Not a voice interface voice. He wanted to give the TARDIS's soul a means of communication besides the symbols that appeared on the screens.  It would probably take him a long while and he would rather not discuss things that he didn't know he could even successfully achieve.

Last edited by Aravis Mal Vulneras on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : brushing up my writing e.e)
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:06 pm

Sonya blinked a moment, thinking to herself then turning back around, facing the direction they had just came from. "Come on, I'll show you." She murmured, a slight spark of worry appearing in her eyes before vanishing behind a carefully crafted mask of polite interest. She had found a small valley at the end of the path full of what he called 'Delirium' and honestly, she couldn't take standing near them for more than a few minutes before it's scent and strange spores it gave off began to effect her. Thus the reason she had been walking back to her room at such a fast pace.

"You might want to bring a mask or something, it's strong... Especially in such a concentrated form, it's based from the planet's base elemental building block besides carbon. It's what causes the plants here to be so many different colors." She tossed over her shoulder to him idly, recalling the information she vaguely remembered from a book she had read years back. "They take this substance from the core of the planet, spread it across some of the moss-like plants they have here, allow it to soak it up, then plant it in fields like this one I'm taking you to, it turns into a rock almost, but it continues to grow and become stronger. Eventually they'll have to come to this area and cut back some of it before it becomes too strong and begins to spread it's spores over to the villas on the other side of the forest."

Clamping her mouth shut quickly, Sonya caught the familiar faint scent she had smelled earlier. Closing her eyes, she focused for a moment and kicked her respiratory bypass into action to keep from breathing it in.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:32 pm

The Interfector's eyes lit up like a child's when Sonya beckoned him to follow. Without hesitation he walked beside her and rubbed his hands together, thinking he probably should have brought gloves and a mask only seconds before she mentioned to bring a mask. He was going to suggest they head to his TARDIS to grab the equipment he had in mind but the information she had to offer was a magnificent distraction. Oh, he didn't even know she was aware of this stuff. But he appreciated being told to add on to his minimal knowledge of the planet and their culture. "Wow, that explains so much. I should have assumed it was not a natural occurrence, but you also should not jump to conclusions when it comes to learning. Do you know what element it is? Ha, I was going to say how much delirium reminded me of a virus, showing some but not all characteristics of being alive. Oh, biologically alive, I mean. Biologically." He looked at Sonya nervously as if worried he had offended her. He remembered how she had opposed his views on what was living and what was not when answering the AI's question "do I count as a living being?". He thought if he added he meant this on a biological point of view it would prevent any friction the fiery Time Lady was capable of dishing out.

The scent hit him like a brick wall and he came to a stop, the odd perfume assaulting his nose and causing slight dizziness. He activated his respiratory bypass and coughed a bit before speaking. "Perhaps it would be wise if we stopped at my TARDIS. I have gas masks, gloves, corentine based containers and beakers. Well, you may just want the mask, I could gather samples myself. Rassilon, this stuff is odd." The Interfector winced and did not proceed any farther as he pressed a hand to his head.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:38 pm

Sonya felt a slight smile curl her lips up as she glanced over at his expression. "You should learn about things before you go and interact with them." She chastised him quietly before taking a couple more steps forward and stepping out from under the trees and into the small glade filled with the odd stuff. "It's fully natural to this planet, and it does replicate itself like a virus would, takes over the moss it thrives in." She added, crouching down to study a stone-like object in front of her, covered in the blue-glowing substance. "Gloves and masks would be fine, I wouldn't suggest touching this with bare skin, if the scent alone is enough to make you alter your train of thought, I shudder to think of what would happen if you touched the spores themselves."

Straightening back up, she walked back over to Interfector, even without breathing in the scent, she already has a pleasant buzzing feeling in her head, as if she had drank just enough alcohol to dampen her thought process. Looking over at him quickly, she jerked her head back towards the path and began walking quickly once more, eager to put space between her and the Delirium behind them.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:58 pm

The Interfector offered Sonya a mock scowl, "I figured I learned enough to pass, is all. Plus I did not think it would effect my superior biological makeup." He smirked, his tone a light joke. He followed her a few steps closer before crouching at one of the odd stone-plant structure. His fingers hovered over it, ghosting along it's form but never touching it. His grey eyes were trained on the substance with extreme interest. "Careful what you say, touching it sounds like the best way to find out what it does. But I suppose I will wait to test that later." He straightened up and turned, following Sonya away from the delirium with a stifled sigh of relief.

"Right, anyway, to the TARDIS?" The Interfector was already walking in that direction, he just assumed she would follow him. His face kept scrunching up as he tried to concentrate on the task at hand. The shake of his head was frequent making it obvious he thought he could rattle his brain back into full function.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:03 pm

Sonya breathed in a tentative breath to test the air then letting out a relieved sigh once the scent vanished from her senses. "I wouldn't suggest touching it around others then." She finally quipped with a slight grin in his direction, her eyes sparking with amusement at his actions. "Unless you want to find out that it's an aphrodisiac, I don't know if that is what happens, but I wouldn't doubt it anyway. This planet is weird and I don't really care to stay any longer than I have to." She added, casting a glance around the area before picking up her pace to walk next to Interfector, a sudden watched feeling washing over her momentarily.

"Where did you park your TARDIS? I might know a shortcut to get us there faster. All depends on how close she is to where we are now." She added, trying to sound calm as another chill raced down her spine, tingling and warning her she was being watched once more, only now it continued to stay with her as she glanced around.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:25 pm

The Interfector actually chuckled and gave Sonya a bemused look. "Do not fret, my plan was to try it alone. No sense making myself appear a fool anymore then I have to. Ah, fresh air again, that is always nice." He tilted his face upwards and took in even breaths. Though the air was still sweet in scent it lacked the distinct smell of delirium. Magnificent.

"Hm? Oh, yes, my TARDIS is by the lagoon over there." The Time Lord pointed to the left which contained a narrow path through a red bush with white berries. "She is about twenty meters from there, in between a few violet trees. I dislike parking her in towns and such, makes for a messy get away if one is ever needed. I am sure you can understand." For once the Interfector was not paying attention to his surroundings so was oblivious to the feeling currently nagging Sonya. He dumbly let his guard down thinking that the planet was only concerned with shagging their brains out which would leave them not very threatening. He would easily be able to outwit a being like that.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:36 pm

Before Sonya could open her mouth to reply, a black figure suddenly leapt out onto the path and grabbed her, quickly dragging her back into the trees. Struggling violently, she managed to dislodge the hand from over her mouth and sucked in a breath to shout out with. "Get out of here!" Just before the hand clamped back over her mouth, accompanied by a cloth this time, a faint scent wafting up from it and into her nose. Chloroform? Why would they have... She thought faintly before a black cloud of sleep descended on her.

Just as the figure disappeared with Sonya's limp body, another appeared in front of Interfector, a hand already clamped over his mouth with the same type of cloth covering his nose as they began dragging him towards the direction the other had taken the Time Lady in.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:44 pm

The Interfector twisted just in time to watch the trees waver where Sonya was dragged away. Her shout to him to run was very alarming and he was about to just run right after them and beat the blood right from the kidnappers body, drying him up like a prune. The nerve of these sex craved lunatics drove the Time Lord crazy enough to do something about it. He was going to give the jerk a beating, one that he would not enjoy. Though as he was trudging in the right direction someone jumped in front of him. Before the Interfector could clip the person's jaw a cloth was slapped over his face. Alarm shot through him as he instantly recognized the substance the cloth was drenched with. Chloroform! Oh, you have got to be- And the lights went out.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:59 pm

With a sharp gasp, Sonya jerked upright from where she lay, her eyes darting around the room as the faint fuzzy feeling in her head slowly cleared away, refusing to leave any faster. Off on the other side, next to the wall on a cot similar to the one she sat on, lay another form. Getting to her feet, she stumbled over and heavily clamped a hand on the form's shoulder and rolled them onto her back so she could squint at their face in the moderate light.

Letting out a huff of air, she let her legs give out from under her and rested the side of her head on the bed next to Interfector, her eyes closing slightly as she tried to steady her hearts as they raced in her chest. What the hell is going on? Did they inject something into me...? Sonya thought to herself dimly, her lips pursing out at the unwelcome thought of poison being administered to her while she had been unconscious.

Reaching back up, she shook Interfector's shoulder sharply, trying to rouse him from his sleeping state. "Come on, get up..." A frown crossed her lips at the sound of her hoarse voice, as if it had not been used for hours, at least a day. Clearing her throat again, she shook his shoulder once more, urgently this time. "Wake up."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 12:11 am

A muffled groan dragged out from his chest as he was shaken. Sonya's voice was so far away and barely managed to crawl its way through the fog in the Interfector's head. It felt so nice just to lay here, sleeping, not worried. He even showed this bliss as he licked his parched lips and tried to roll over. Something finally seemed to disturb the Time Lord enough to open his eyes. He flopped back on his back and stared at Sonya with pure confusion. What in the name of Rassilon..? How did they end up here? Where was 'here'?

"I am awake." his voice was gravelly and hard to push out of his throat. Odd. "How much time has passed? Wait.. why can I not tell how much time has passed?" this disturbed him greatly and caused him to bolt upright in the cot. His grey eyes darted around the room quickly as he tried to evaluate the situation. It was very hard to think with the lingering fuzziness and the pounding in his head. "Chloroform does not have a side effect to this degree." He muttered informatively to Sonya.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 12:16 am

Sonya unsteadily got to her feet, a slight scowl appearing once more when she couldn't stand properly. "I don't know." She snapped, her irritation leaking through as she stumbled back over to her bed an fell back onto it with a groan. "I feel like I can't keep my balance, like I'm on a ship without... Sea... Legs..." Shooting back up quickly, she stumbled to her feet again and made her way to the door, peering out the small window there and gaped at the image just beyond it.

"Oh... No..." She whispered, backing up until her back hit the wall, trying to put herself as far away as possible from the stuff right outside their cell. "They don't even need guards for that." She hissed under her breath, sliding down until she crouched on the floor. "Delirium, pure, unrefined Delirium. Laying out there, strong..." She shook her head sharply and struggled to keep her thoughts straight, it was no wonder their internal clocks were off, why she couldn't walk. They had been breathing in those spores for Rassilon knows how long.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 12:29 am

The Interfector pulled a face at her snappy response but it was wiped off almost as soon as it appeared. He waves his hand distractedly in his face, testing his focus and finding it quite poor. Magnificent. Blood magnificent. He turned his head to Sonya as she whispered in what he thought was despair. But her next comment made it quite obvious why that was.

"You cannot be serious. How would they even get it here without- oh who am I kidding? There is always a way to ensure trouble's presence." The Time Lord swung his legs around the cot and stood slowly. It was a bit shaky but he stumbled his way over to take a peek outside the cell. Magnificent. Bloody magnificent. His grey eyes glazed as he got distracted in thinking he had already used that sarcastic expression. Turning, he slowly walked back to his cot and heavily sat down before looking over at Sonya. "Perhaps I could figure some things out. Let me just contact the TAR- my communicator!" The Interfector patted down his right wrist to find the device missing. The growl that emanated from him sounded almost feral.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 12:34 am

Sonya looked up at him, her eyes unfocused as she tried to listen to what he was saying. Abruptly, her thoughts drifted off towards past memories, the Thirteenth Doctor, Thet, joking around with the Tenth Doctor on a near-daily basis. Slowly a smile crept across her face, transforming it from unfocused shock to an odd expression. Suddenly she shook her head and felt her hands around on the floor, searching for something to anchor herself with to keep focused.

"Right... We need to think of something, anything to keep us from drifting away and to get the hell out of here before those spores do anything else." She hissed, her eyes shut tightly against the urge to drift back through her thoughts and memories once more. "Any ideas? Because honestly, I can't think, I really... Wow, my head is just..." Leaning forward, Sonya rested her forehead against her knees, taking a shaky breath as she did. Blowing it out slowly, she looked back up at Interfector, a confused look on her face once more. "Why are we here?"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 12:49 am

The Interfector turned to eye Sonya as she stared blissfully at nothing. He just watched her until she actually turned to face him, that is when he turned away. "Well, that is a good question. Why indeed. Are we an experiment? That would be my first guess. I do not see why they would even... even kidnap us... if we were not. Not.." His mind suddenly grew wings and took off, leaving the thought far behind as memories stirred.

He let out a shaky breath and placed a hand over his mouth. Standing, he started to walk but stumbled and unceremoniously crashed to the floor. His back was to Sonya so all she could see was the small tremors of his shoulders as he began to cry. Oh, this could very well be embarrassing later but his thoughts were bombarding him all at once, making it hard to pick one and follow its path. The thoughts of the war, his cause, and his pre-war activities rallied up heavy emotions in his delirium intoxicated state.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 1:00 am

Sonya frowned, eyeing him curiously for a moment before crawling forward until she reached Interfector, gently pulling his head over onto her lap and brushing her hand over his forehead and hair lightly. Not saying anything or looking at him, just offering silent comfort as his worst memories rose up in his mind. Her eyes flicked to the door, suddenly realizing her head was clear the first time since she woke up. Looking down at his face for a moment, she pursed her lips and slowly slid out from under him, breaking contact and sitting beside him.

A sudden wave of dizziness washed over her as she did, unable to focus once more as to what just happened. Slowly sliding his head back onto her lap, she allowed her mind to clear once more with a gasp. "Contact. Contact with another person must cancel it out..." She hissed between her bared teeth in excitement, her eyes gleaming in the dark with a faint golden light. "At least at a distance anyway, touching it is another matter, and it's all over that floor and walls out there, we're bound to get dust on us..." She pulled on her lower lip in thought, trying to figure out exactly how they could use her new discovery to her advantage.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 1:18 am

The Interfector sniffed as quietly as he could and even cleared his throat as he felt composure finally in reach. As much as he did not want to admit it, it was comforting laying on the Time Lady's lap. He closed his eyes when she left and the confusion that followed was only temporary since she returned right away. It felt as if the sky had cleared to expose the sun. He took the time to wipe at his eyes, irritated with himself but tried not to show it.

"What are you talking about? How does contact cancel the effects? That is just weird. If only I could have preformed a few experiments before being stuck in a situation life this. If I really wanted to be optimistic i suppose I could say this was the experimentation needed." He snorted and looked around the place, trying to think of something, anything, these people would want from them and how Sonya and himself could escape. "No vents, two cots, blank walls besides the window. Where is the door?" His grey eyes roamed the cell from his odd position on the floor. He could not see the outlines of one but reason told him there had to be one since the window was too small to crawl through.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 1:32 am

Sonya frowned in thought, leaning back on her hands as she focused on the information she had gathered from what she had just done. "Time Lords aren't effected by much in the universe, few things can bother our biological makeup. Theoretically.... Our mental contact, as weak as it is, strengthens our resistance enough to keep the effects of Delirium at bay." Her eyes locked onto his as she shifted slightly on the hard floor, trying to get into a comfortable position. "My thoughts on this are only guesses really, but it would explain... The spores have an effect on the mind and how it controls the thoughts and body's actions. A simple psychic connection would either one: Help us fight off the effects like now. Or two: strengthen the effects to the point where we would have no control. Hopefully it isn't both like I'm thinking, eventually we will breath in enough to where our meager connection won't work. And sorry by saying this, but I am not opening my mind to you just to fight off a possible mental takeover." She added wryly, her eyes dancing with faint amusement as she spoke.

"I don't even let the Doctor in my head that much, when it does happen, it is absolutely necessary, as in life or death." She added hastilly, not wanting to irritate the Time Lord with an unbidden insult. "My thoughts are the only thing I have to myself, I tend to keep it that way..."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 11:51 am

The Interfector looked up at Sonya as she spoke and started to nod before she was even finished talking, "No need to explain yourself, I already know. You have informed me of this before. I will say what I have already told you once: I respect that and understand. You do not like things in your head. Pity, with the ideas you are coming up with popping up in your mind I think you would be rather interesting." He said this with a small quirk to his lips before shaking his head. If physical contact was needed to keep the small telepathic connection going then they would have to remain in contact. And think of a better way to run through the abundant amount of delirium awaiting them outside the cell. They couldn't just run out there, he didn't want to voice it but he was worried on the effects it would have on them. The most convenient way to remain in touch was to hold hands. Be damned if he was the one to suggest that. It didn't bug him really until he thought about it on a human's perspective. The act was domestic and intimate which made it all the more uncomfortable for him. No, he hoped Sonya would suggest it if that was the plan they stuck with.

"I should have thought of the mental cancellation. Oh well, at least one of us did. It is a brilliant idea even if it proves to be wrong. There is only one way to find out." His infamous last words always put that mischievous spark in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 1:05 pm

Sonya cast a wry smile over at him, the faint thought he had about holding hands fluttering through her mind. "Holding hands is the only way to ensure contact while we're Walking, Interfect, unless you plan on carrying me around, and I'll be damned if I let that happen." She added, her eyes shifting over towards the door again as she thought over walking through it. "I can't guarentee that we won't eventually be effected either, so moving at a steady pace would be a good thing." Reaching up, Sonya ran a hand through her hair, a slight scowl crossing her features. There was no way to go about walking through the hallway outside their cell without it touching what little exposed skin thwy have, faces, necks and hands. "We don't have anything on us besides out clothes. And considering the fact that the Dilirum outside is pure, it's bound to send up clouds of dust, full of spores... So respeatory bypass is a given." Stopping suddenly, she looked over at the Time Lord laying on her lap with a wary expression. "I'm not exactly used to being with someone with the same mentality as myself besides the Doctor. Would you like to suggest or add anything..?"A soon as the words popped out of her mouth, she mentally kicked herself, stop being so polite, what is wrong with you?
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 1:54 pm

"Actually, there is one thing. I, uhm, do not want to startle you but I have heard you can open doors that take you places they are not meant to. Can you not just do it to that door there? Perhaps take us to a villa close to my TARDIS?" When the Interfector said 'heard' he really meant 'read up on' but he did this to everyone he met just in case they posed a threat or ever tried to go up against him. He would know how to handle a situation if he had background knowledge on a person.

He rubbed his forehead as he thought about carrying Sonya and shook his head. That would be an insult to the both of them. He blinked hard and continued to talk, "If you are unable to do the door trick then perhaps we should weigh the pros and cons of the two ways we can proceed outside the cell. If we move slowly we will not stir up as much Delirium dust but we will be exposed to it for a longer period of time. If we run, the dust will stir but we could get out of here faster and prevent long time exposure. Our respiratory bypass will prevent breathing in the airborne dust and thus prevent a large degree of its effect. We would just have to cover our skin as best we can."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delirious on Delirium   Delirious on Delirium I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Delirious on Delirium
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Classic's-
Jump to: