Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
The Sound of Death  I_vote_lcapThe Sound of Death  I_voting_barThe Sound of Death  I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
The Sound of Death  I_vote_lcapThe Sound of Death  I_voting_barThe Sound of Death  I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

The Sound of Death

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

The Sound of Death  Empty
PostSubject: The Sound of Death    The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 12:48 am

Throughout time there has always been a fear of the darkness. Of the night and what might lurk within it in. But less known is fear of sounds, small ques that something is coming, something living things cannot control. But what if there was a way to track it, to listen for it and stop it before it took another life? Could you then control life and death? If this were possible.....should someone have that much power?

Jonathon Landry stood at the edge of the river thames, his eyes staring down at the deep dark abyss that was the water he planned to dive into. The back of his mind screamed, pleaded and yelled for him to stop, reminding him of his chances of survival. But something else was there, something telling him to do it. Urging him to jump, to take his own life. A sudden sound penetrated his ears, the mix between a whistle and a hum. SSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAA.

Jonathon's eyes widened, his pupils dilating as he swiftly turned around, trying to catch sight of the origin of the whisper. As he did so, Jonathon's heel caught the back of his other foot causing him to lose balance and begin the long plunge down to the river thames. "NNOOO!!!" Exclaimed a voice from across the bridge; The Doctor's voice. His trench coat billowed behind him as he bolted across the bridge, his arm extended outward as he tried to catch the man. Thrusting his body over the concrete railing, The Doctor nearly fell himself as he extended his hand to Jonathon.

Death had won. The Doctor's fingers grazed the tips of Jonathon's desperate outstretched arm, leaving him to plummet to his death to the river below. The Doctor breathed heavily, slowly standing up and gazing around behind him, trying to see the thing he knew was no longer there. The killer. "So close...but yet so far...".
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Night Pyre
Student
Student
Night Pyre

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Death    The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 9:38 am

Night was on the other end of the Thames, and walked towards it, dipping her hands in the water. Obviously, it was cold. But nevertheless, she put her feet in as well. The reason she was doing this? Unknown. Night leaned in closer into the water, and stupidly fell in. She screamed, but no one heard her. A plea for help that was never answered. Her hand grasped for the ground, but she missed, and it was only pushing her farther into the Thames. Night, did not know how to swim, but she  knew how to float. She made a desperate grasp for her black waistcoat and purse, and floated away.

"The moon is quite gorgeous tonight." Night said to herself. "I think I'm beginning to enjoy this."
Then suddenly, she felt something below her. A fish? No. Garbage? No. She slightly turned her head to see a foot sticking out of the water. Night was in shock, in her life, she had killed many many people, so this should not make her think twice, right? Wrong. Night IS quite the monster in many ways, but never so violent. After seeing the dead body, she had made it a duty to bury him, and find out who he was. she grabbed the dead body, and started to sink. "No. Nonononono!" Night said, quite loudly. She spread the dead man's body out, and made him float. Night gave out a sigh of relief. Night passed under a bridge, and playfully said, "Oi! Lookie here! We're dead people!", and floated to the other end.
Back to top Go down
http://neurxsthxnia.tumblr.com
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Death    The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 5:55 pm

Sebastian was leaning over the bridge, thinking. He wasn't planning on taking any lives tonight, but it seemed as if someone decided to do just that. Seb would have been a mere outline had it not been the red shirt he often wore, as a signature and a reminder of who he had once been.

But he barely left the racetrack without having a couple of blades on his person, one on his wrist and another attached to his ankle. The Thames had seemed peaceful until there were two distinct splashes, a man fell in and another man followed afterwards, spiked hair. The other splash originated from...Sebastian was not quick enough to see whom it was that had stupidly decided to follow suit. But it was enough to intrigue him, thus strolled down and over to the spiked haired man, eyes flicking down to the murky waters below.

And before he had uttered a word, someone had exclaimed that they had found a dead body. An ever faint smile breezed his lips. The voice itself sounded..."Playful?" Sebastian cocked his head, glancing over to the spiked-haired man before shoving his hands in his pockets and began walking over to the 'scene of the crime.' The voice itself had originated from a woman, seeming less than disturbed by the man who floated on the surface of the water. He kneeled down, balancing himself so that he did not fall him. "You planning on coming back on land?"
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Death    The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 12:47 pm

The Doctor tried to keep a level head, placing his hand over his mouth as his mind began to crank and work through possible places to find the killer before it struck again. Reaching into his breast pocket of his suit, he flipped out his trusty sonic screwdriver and quickly scanned the surrounding air and the nearby cables of the bridge behind him. Nothing. Tucking the screwdriver away, The Doctor started back where he was after the last death; the beginning. With no evidence or trace of the killer, the time lord was forced to retreat back to his time machine in what, deep down, he knew would lead him nowhere. "All i need is a blip...something to give off a reading to tell me where it is..." The Doctor hissed, rubbing the back of his head as he peered around him, "Come on come on. Think.".

Walking to the edge of the bridge, he peered over the side to see if he could see the body of the recently killed man. Suddenly a voice cried out from the murky water beneath the bridge, a girls voice; The Doctors eyes shot wide open with intrigue. "Hold on!" He called down to her, projecting his voice nowhere particular as his eyes couldn't catch sight of the girl. Turning, The Doctors eyes landed on the man, a sight that nearly caused him to fall over the side himself; grabbing the railing firmly, The Doctor stopped himself. "Next time a nice introduction would be better" He mumbled before racing to the other side of the bridge, thrusting his hand into his bottom pocket in search of something to help.

Running his tongue across the top of his mouth, The Doctor continued to search until grabbing onto something familiar, "gotcha!" he exclaimed. Yanking his hand up, The Doctor pulled out a rolled up rope and immediately began to unravel it down to the water below, "Grab onto it!" he called down. Leaning as far as he could, The Doctor balanced his body against the railing and waited for a tug, preparing himself to pull up whoever was down there.
Back to top Go down
Night Pyre
Student
Student
Night Pyre

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Death    The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 6:02 pm

Night lied in the water, calm and happy, when she heard a man's voice. "Yes, I am coming up for your information." Night's peace was interrupted, when she head another man's voice, one of panic. Night had, multiple thoughts running through her mind, but she tried to tell the man she was ok. it was not of use, as she had seen a rope being thrown down to her. She grabbed the roo, and tried to carry the body with her, but dropped it. Wet and cold, Night swung from the rope on the the bridge, shaking the water off, and sat down, her legs crossed. "Anyone got a sandwich? Mine got wet. Floating in the Tames is pretty relaxing. You should try it some time." Night giggled. She tougher a crystal on her hand absent mindedly, and introduced herself. "The name is Night. Night Pyre. I would thank you for saving me, but didn't need saved, so, no thank you." Night said. She wrung the water out of her waistcoat, and put it back on. "I think I deserve and introduction from both of you fine gents as well."

With that, she patted both the men on the head, and sat on the rail that lined the bridge, laughed a bit madly and waited for their reply, taking the rope and playing with it as she waited.
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Death    The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 3:34 pm

"You're talking about dead bodies. How does a sandwich equate into this situation?" Sebastian spun around as footsteps came pounding on behind him. He should have known it was the Trench-coat man, he was the only one seemingly interested in helping the woman out of the Thames.

It was a strange response, to be giggling at a dead body. Sure, Seb was a killer but wasn't the 'I'm doing it for fun' type of person...technically, alien but there were a lot of humans who did not understand that he stole souls, or an equivalent of it, to balance out the world. But a scowl crossed his features as Night had patted him on the head, it wasn't because he cared for his hair, Seb was not a touchy-feely person and she had crossed the boundary.

He looked to the trench-coat man, and arched an eyebrow. "You've patted me on the head, I don't think you deserve a name from me but because I'm being nice, name's Sebastian Cairns."
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Death    The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 12:17 pm

The Doctor simply watched the interesting young woman as she spoke about dead bodies and a sudden shift to her lack of a meal without any moment for pause or thought on what had just happened. The sight made The Doctors stomach turn in disgust, to see someone so young look at death with such amazement and delight; it reminded him of The Master at times. He stopped thinking as the mysterious man beside him informed the young lady of his name and it immediately caught his attention. "Cairns..." He mumbled unknowingly before shaking it off and turning his attention to the girl, "Yes! Sorry! My name! Of course...my name is The Doctor. But don't mind me, just...walking around. I'll let you two carry on..with dead body playing and..sandwich..eating".

With that, The Doctor promptly turned around and began his journey to his TARDIS, his hands nonchalantly resting in his pockets as he sauntered off towards the other end of the bridge. However, the mans last name kept ringing through his consciousness like an alarm clock he couldn't shut off, Cairns...Cairns.....Cairns. "I swear i've heard that name before" The Doctor spoke to himself, "Cairns..." he said once more, Oh well...best just focus on the task at hand..
Back to top Go down
Night Pyre
Student
Student
Night Pyre

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Death    The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 11:17 pm

Night stopped playing with the rope. She smirked, and laughed standing up, and shaking off the rest of the water off of her.
"Doctor, eh?" She tied the rope into a lasso, and made an attempt to lasso the Doctor, and walked up to him. She needed to make a good impression. But first, she'd like to surprise him.
She stuck her tail and ears out, and laughed, taking out her scythe, dropping the rope, and smiling, fangs bared. "You forgot your rope."
She waved her tail around, and looked at the sky, smirking.
"Thanks, then. Also, who ever died there, was that reallya suicide? I'm not saying anyone did it, but really. Careful of what you do, Doctor." She told him walking away, her tail and ears quavering as the walked away from the bridge, a hand waving good bye as she slowly walked away. She took a sandwich out from her pocket, and took a bite. She picked up a flower and crushed it with her bare hands, and sat on a bench nearby.

"How a sandwich equate in this situation, is that I'm hungry and I've been floating in the Thames. I've seen whole species die at once, or one single person die. You can't do anything about that. Sebastian, life isn't what anyone thinks of it as. I've seen things you can't even begin to imagine. If anyone else was on that bridge, they wouldn't have given a speck. That's how I know how life is. I've met people tortured, mangles and set on fire. I've seen my worst nightmare, so now, I don't care anymore. I've seen everything."

She paused turning to Sebastian from afar.

"Don't think you've seen anything like me. I have every right to act the way I want to. I earned it."

Her and ear retracte before he could see them. She took anothe bite of her sandwic, and went back to the bench. She stared at the Doctor, and multiple thoughts wizze through her mind.
"Doctor, Doctor, you can't save them all. Sometimes, you have to let them make a splash." She said out loud.
She twirled her fingers in her hair, an gave out a small chuckle.

Last edited by DemonDuckling/NightPyre on Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Death    The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 6:49 am

Sebastian tilted his head at the fact that his last name had been repeated. It was strange feeling of the brink of recognition. The Doctor...The name rang the distant bell, but created no recognition. He was not a human, and that intrigued him. He raised a hand to stop water from hitting his face. Sebastian looked upon the scythe and frowned. The woman seemed to be the highlight of the situation, yet caused no riot or uproar by the few people who seemed to line the bridge.

For the situation, he found himself at an en passe. Not being able to move forwards or backwards. But what did appear was a small dagger, a 'safety' precaution, tucking it behind the sleeve of his jacket. She was a criminal and what better thing to do was to rid the world of one less...pathetic being. An eyebrow was raised for the fact that she had picked up a flower and crushed it, as much as he didn't care for plant life, without them, would make the world a gloomier place. He watched as the Doctor had left. A slow smirk caressed his features, this was going to be a fun night. "That's nothing new. If you look around, people and animals alike are dying every day."

It was fun to play the upper hand, for what Night had said, clearly saw him as an average human. But that was where she had gone wrong. "I have seen something like you, somewhere along the road of life." There was always a up side to one's downside. His planet had been wrecked with war, his species was struggling and he had been sent down to earth because he disobeyed. "You don't know anything about me, so why bother presuming?" Sebastian slowly walked forward and towards the bench that she currently sat at.

Flicking the blade upwards, he got a better grip on the handle before throwing it close to the woman's arm. It wasn't as fun as keeping one in a burning ring of fire but this would have to do, there were far too many pairs of eyes for his liking. "Criminals. You should know, I've never liked your type."
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Death    The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 10:24 am

The Doctor grimaced at the words he heard behind him as he turned the corner of the bridge and dashed across the street. Looking back, The Doctor arched an eyebrow, his eyes dancing between Sebastian and the cat girl. Shaking his head, The Doctor entered the alley way and immediately entered under the gleaming light of his time machine looming over him. Smiling with a sudden new excitement, The Doctor looked up at the window panels as he inserted his key and pushed open the door, slipping in quickly and shutting it promptly behind him. Bolting up to the control panel, The Doctors excitement sprung to life, "Cairns! I knew i heard that name before!" he proclaimed, "You should have told me!" he pointed his index finger at the control console.

Shaking his head, The Doctor chuckled slightly as he placed his hand onto the main lever, "I know, i know, i know. Don't bring home strays, but these ones will only be for a bit. Just until i figure out this death issue....". Yanking it down, the TARDIS dematerialized from the alley way and quickly found itself parking right next to the bench Night was currently resting on. Running down the ramp, The Doctor yanked open the door and popped his head out with widened eyes and a gob that could not be stopped. "Oi!" He started, "You should know more about this than me Mr. Cairns. Oh come on! Don't think i wouldn't recognize that last name, it's like shouting what you are! And also that suit...nice color by the way" he sniffed before turning his attention over and down to Night, "I'm going to try and ignore what you said...because i was like you once..i didn't care whether people lived or died. Until someone special changed my mind..i know deep down you don't feel that way. So if you lot want to drop the bravado's and helped me solve this thing like i know you want to, then allons-y".
Back to top Go down
Night Pyre
Student
Student
Night Pyre

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Death    The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:42 pm

Night looked at Sebastian beside her. "I'm not a criminal. Nor am I a do-gooder. I am my own type. If you plan on doing nothing but talk, I don't believe you. I don't believe anyone for that matter. Does it matter whether or not someone dies? I think not. There are trillions of us out there. Why would you, I or the Doctor make a blemish on this planet? I don't believe in importance. This planet's weak. I'm not saying it should be destroyed, I'm just saying that they're a lot of people who are watching this planet right now." She whisked her hair out of the way, and smirked as she stared at Sebastian. She let her tail and ears come out, as if it was tiring keeping them in. She took another bite of her sandwich, and cracked her neck. She took another flower and tucked it behind her ear, and started to hear a wooshing sound. She held her scythe a little tighter, and bit her lip.

She looked at the materializing Tardis, and her eyes opened with awe, but she regained control.
She flushed red as the Doctor started to speak to her. "That's not tru-" She stopped there. What was she doing? This was a chance of a lifetime, or two! "Fine. I'm doing this for myself, only, because I'm bored." She waved her tail, and stood up, shoving the Doctor aside letting herself into the Tardis.

"Allons-y indeed."
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Death    The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 11:11 am

The woman was off again, claiming she was neither of what he was expecting, making his eyes narrow. "The Doctor?" The name finally rang familiar in his brain, his eyes widened slightly as he realised that it belonged to none other than the infamous Time Lord. He remained quiet on the point. "I've learnt a fair amount about this planet, and it's anything but weak. And as much as they have their flaws, it's an easy fix. But you. Your opinion, is it more important than the trillions that are currently out there?"

Sebastian was taken off guard as a Blue Box appeared next to them and he immediately stood up. He frowned as the doors rushed open and the same man in the trenchcoat came barreling out at him, the Doctor, yammering all about how his last name was too obvious. He nodded when the man complimented him on the suit, Seb looked down at it and then back at the man. Following after everyone, Seb strolled inside and...well, he was impressed. The box was bigger on the inside. He closed the door behind him and leaned against one of the large columns, watching Night. Something about the sycthe wasn't to be trusted.

"I have every right to act the way I want to. I earned it." It was something Sebastian was thinking about.

"Why do you earn the right to act the way you want to?"
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Death    The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:39 pm

The Doctor rolled his eyes as Night strut up the ramp and to the controls of his TARDIS; quickly following and dashing ahead of her as Sebastian walked into his machine. Running around the controls and pulling the scanner over to him, the TARDIS already doing a scan on Sebastian's body as he walked through the doors. Taking less than three seconds, the scanner popped up a partial overview on the Mephis civilization dating back all the way to their war which counted the first hand knowledge of their existence to the Time Lords. The Doctor sniffed, arching his eyebrow as he turned his attention from the scanner to Sebastian himself, "How did they manage keeping their existence unknown from the Time Lords?" he asked suddenly.

Shaking his head, The Doctor waved off the question, "No sorry. The real question is...what do your people know about the whisper of death?" he reiterated. Glancing over to Night The Doctor narrowed his eyes, "People die, it's a fact of life. But not before their time...not if their lives are fixed points in time. Each person that has been killed played important roles to humanity within the next ten years....the man who was just killed invented the worlds first atomic level restructuring unit..leading to massive advances in the medical field. With people like that gone it changes history that much more". The Doctor paused as he showed Night an inch separation between his index finger and thumb, "But you're probably thinking well that's not so bad..just an inch. But start adding them up...next you have a foot..than a yard..then a mile. The fabric of space time could be torn apart thread by thread...until there's nothing left. If we don't stop it now it will destroy everything around us....there's no telling how many are out there reeking havoc".
Back to top Go down
Night Pyre
Student
Student
Night Pyre

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Death    The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 7:56 pm

"Well; as for my species, the Daleks; they told me I was the last of my kind. But; they didn't specify what I was. So; I don't know what I am. But about the whisper of death. I know a lot. Especially about death. I know about life, too. But really; if there IS someone out there killing people from past future; whatever; that there has to be a rip in time that is already current; it would be impossible for one person; or thing to do that alone. Trust me, I tried to commit, er... wouldn't call it suicide but; never mind that. So; first of all we need to find out who in the world, or universe is doing whatever. So also, why would they kill this person exactly? And if we find a pattern; we'll find where they are going to strike next; I'm worried they'll kill someone even more important. So; since they're gone; then someone needs to introduce this to them. Also; never get that close to me again Timelord. What do they say? Oh, yes. Oh Rassilion.. What's going on..."

She took her tail, and pushed the Doctor with it, and gave him a cookie, and sat down. She hugged her scythe tightly, and spoke to it, as if it were alive; until suddenly it yelped. "Don't hold me that hard Ma'am! I know this is all emotional for you; but I made a promise to never speak of you're memory. Sure; this man might be the; key, but he's, strange! Please think this over!" The scythe screamed.

Night looked at the scythe, and blushed. "Argh! Shut you're; WHATEVER YOU TALK WITH!"
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Death    The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 3:08 pm

He watched in mild fascination as the Timelord looked from the scanner to himself. Sebastian simply raised an eyebrow to The Doctor's question, he wasn't in the right frame of mind to be answering questions, but luckily, Seb didn't have to, the man was already onto something else, something that rang a faint bell in his head...

The Whisper of Death.

That was something that probably his species knew about, they had been the ones to suck souls, perhaps they had run into the same entity that had killed the man in the Thames. Sebastian focused his attention on the woman, his brows knitting together. "It's known as the grandfather paradox, if you're wondering." He commented, his mind working on the name. "Indeed, people do die. Memphis were well-known for being 'Devil's advocates' in a sense, stealing souls for energy purposes. But this whisper of death has the ability of causing so much destruction...it must be stopped."

Sebastian took a couple of sudden steps back as the sycthe began to screech. He had seen some odd things in his life, a talking scythe was not amongst them. "Who is this key you scythe is screeching about." He had his knife in hand, a defensive mechanism. He looked to the Doctor and arched a brow. There were Memphis lying around Earth and other planets, he knew that some of them had escaped, and were being hunted down right now..."Doctor, I perhaps can grab attention to someone who does know more about it...perhaps a bounty hunter, another one of my kind...?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Death    The Sound of Death  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sound of Death
Page 1 of 1