Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Another One Bites The Dust I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Another One Bites The Dust I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Another One Bites The Dust I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Another One Bites The Dust I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Another One Bites The Dust I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Another One Bites The Dust I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Another One Bites The Dust I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Another One Bites The Dust I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Another One Bites The Dust I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Another One Bites The Dust I_vote_lcapAnother One Bites The Dust I_voting_barAnother One Bites The Dust I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Another One Bites The Dust I_vote_lcapAnother One Bites The Dust I_voting_barAnother One Bites The Dust I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Another One Bites The Dust

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

Another One Bites The Dust Empty
PostSubject: Another One Bites The Dust   Another One Bites The Dust I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:35 pm

((Warning, before you enter this, please know that the purpose of this roleplay was to get things moving, so there will be no post order. If you are not active, then don't join this roleplay if you are not willing to be left behind.))

Steve walks warily down the street, brim pulled way down low. Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet, katanas ready to go. Wait what? 

Without warning, a pair of black clad figures jumped out in front of Steve making him jump back in surprise. "Um... Hello...?" He tried conversing with them, but it seemed that wouldn't do. In sync, the figures drew their swords and lunged at the man, their distinct yellow eyes the last thing he saw.

Before he made it to the hospital, anyway. Lucky for him, he seemed to be the first and only survivor of the recent attacks. His wounds were pretty bad though, and most nurses and doctors thought him hopeless. If it wasn't for his family and girlfriend begging them to help, he would not have made it this far. 

One afternoon, Steve felt well enough to talk to some reporters, and of course, the first question he was asked was, "Can you remember what they looked like?" In a strained murmur, he squeezed out, "The yellow eyes." He did not answer anymore questions that day, but it seemed that one comment was enough to fill several magazines and online news sites with articles.

Robin flopped onto her bed, grinning proudly. However she convinced that guy to let her rent a hotel room on her own, she had no idea. Apparently the humans in this time period fall for a lot of things. Really she had just heard of some aliens residing in the building and wanted to see them. Maybe they were taking a vacation to Earth for once instead of invading it. Wouldn't that be nice. 

This was the right area for it, the sun, sand, and ocean. California was a great state, she wondered why she didn't come here more often. Thinking back on her past visits here, she frowned, remembering the time her brother took her manipulator and stood her up for lunch. One day she'd run into him and ask him about that....

A scream coming from somewhere downstairs sent Robin jumping up from her place on the bed and dashing out the door, grin restored. So either she just found her family of vacationing aliens or the invasion had begun. Zooming past the elevator, she scurried down the stairs towards where she believed the noise was coming from. Stairs were much quicker in these kinds of situations. Skidding to a hault, she felt the grin sliding away from her face as she saw...
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

PostSubject: Re: Another One Bites The Dust   Another One Bites The Dust I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:57 pm

The first death had caused worry. The second death began panic. And every death after that gained the attention of many American news channels. As time went on, it became a bigger and bigger event. Then when Steve, a victim of the attacks survived to say that the attackers had yellow eyes, the world went berserk. Publishing Companies got a lot more stories with zombies or other creatures with yellow eyes, and California got a whole lot less tourism.

This thing doesn't just go unnoticed. The only reason detectives around the world, such as Sherlock Holmes, didn't flock to the area is because it was in America. Most of the renown detectives interested in a case like that lived in Europe, which stood the cost of an entire plane ticket (or two) away.

One person that had not noticed? Theta Sigma. The Timelord in question had currently been in Japan, exploring the country, eating noodles for practically every meal, and taking classes in martial arts. While you didn't hear about Timelords doing judo on aliens much, it would nevertheless be helpful if there was a situation that couldn't be solved by pure wit and a sonic screwdriver. How many times had he and some friends been captured by Cybermen or some strong alien race without having a way of resisting till they got to their base or whatever?

Therefore, he was learning martial arts, as weird as it sounded. But Theta Sigma wasn't like he used to be at thirty. Years of running all around the Universe would guarantee that you weren't a twig or a beach ball. Unless you were this Universe's Doctor; he seemed to regenerate every few years, not nearly enough time to change at all physically.

A few days later, around the time Theta had been planning on leaving, there had been a program on the news. Theta had been in his favorite noodle shop at that time, enjoying some fish ramen and practicing how to use his chopsticks. At first, the news had been the usual background chatter, and the translation circuits didn't work for it as it wasn't important enough for Lady to translate, nor did the Timelord have his attention on it.

"今日のニュースで、それが報告されている there has been yet another death in America, this one happening about a week ago. The victim survived, and had been able to shed some light on the mystery..."

Theta turned curiously when the TV switched from Japanese to English, listening in to the words that he could now understand.

"Now, what did the victim look like?"

The reported person held a microphone up, and the man began speaking. Japanese characters rolled past on the bottom of the screen, seeing as they were now talking English, not just through the translation circuits.

The man looked sheepish, like he couldn't believe what he was saying. He wrung his hands nervously, obviously not used to being onscreen.

"Yellow eyes, b-bright yellow eyes, and some sort of black uniform"

Theta tore his eyes from the screen, pushing his chair out and standing up. He strode with a purpose towards the door, ignoring the chef behind him yelling out for him to pay for his food.

The air outside was the cool-type that existed at night, and Theta shivered, not having his tweed on him at the moment. He had done another class right before he'd stopped in for dinner at the noodle shop, so his clothes matched it, being the cliche' black ninja clothes, thin and with only a small hood on the back, a katana strapped to his back, and a belt wrapped around the center distinguishing them from some weird brand of pajamas. It was only like that for tourism, but whatever. Theta liked it. As of recent he had been dressing the part for where he went. He loved his tweed and bowtie, though in his own opinion dressing up was way much more fun. It also helped him blend in more, but he didn't care much about that.

He padded down the street to the spot where he knew his TARDIS was. It sat between a sushi shop and a small hotel-like building, the green glow of the doors reaching out into the night and blending in perfectly with all the other neon signs on the road, advertising the different shops. He stopped in front of it, pushing the doors open and entering. The inside was dark, with only the light from the fish, hologram panels, and white point star lighting the area. This happened when he didn't use the TARDIS for a few days; the energy in the water slowly faded, till it wasn't at a visible level anymore.

The glass was cool to his feet, much like the stones on the road outside, and the edges of the stairs pressed into the soles of his feet as he climbed up them to the console. The hologram panels tingled on his fingers as he started up the controls. Theta smiled.

"Traveling again...trouble here we come"

He was almost blinded when he pressed the button. The white point star let off a sudden burst of light, and it quickly emanated into the water and dispersed. The inside of the TARDIS was alive again; the fish were darting around, the water sparkled, and Theta was at the center of it all, holding onto the railing as they span through the vortex.

---

Veeoop Veeoop

the TARDIS materialized behind a Californian hotel (the one Robin stayed at), between the dumpsters.

"ech, garbage"

Theta exited the TARDIS, bringing his hood over his face and the face mask up so that his nose was covered from the stench, glancing at the dumpsters out of his peripheral vision. He had to land here, didn't he? For once, it'd be nice to land on the sidewalk of a city flower garden somewhere.

He walked over and around the edge of the building, eyes open for anything alien-ish with yellow eyes. It didn't take very long, as there had been an attack happening right in front of the hotel. A man backed away in fear as a black panther neared him, tail twitching, yellow eyes narrowed, and a katana in it's paws.

Of course, what else was Theta to do, having a katana himself, a ninja outfit, and a person in danger? You can probably guess. He did a thing.

It was a few moments later that the man screamed (for that was the proper reaction when you were close by to a sword fight between a giant cat and a man dressed like a ninja) and a few more moments later, Robin had come down, stumbling onto the scene.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Another One Bites The Dust   Another One Bites The Dust I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:31 pm

Robin yelped, jumping back as she saw some ninja guy sword fighting a... cat? Was that a cat? But it looked human-y! Okay, she was very lost. Then, just to make matters worse, she saw the TARDIS! Theta's TARDIS! Taking a step back, she tried to evaluate the situation. Scream comes from down here, so she comes down, see's a giant cat person, a ninja, and a TARDIS. Yeah... there was no sense to be made from that. 

The cat did it's best to fend off the random ninja who seemed to appear from no where, but eventually, it just couldn't fight any longer. Instead, it growled, jumped up into the air, and hooked its claws on a window. Pulling himself up, he sat, perched on the windowsill, prying it open, before climbing inside to safety away from the ninja man. 

Robin, seeing that the fight must be over, spoke up, looking at the ninja with a confused expression. "What was that then? You just sword fight cats for fun or something, or did you just happen to stumble upon one?" She began walking towards him slowly, really trying to get her question across without accidentally upsetting him and getting in serious trouble. "What's going on?"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Another One Bites The Dust   Another One Bites The Dust I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:47 pm

Poor Steve. The guy's family had contacted Mal in a frenzy, saying good ol' Steve was a victim of some assault. It had terrified her but his family insisted she come visit, they even said they'd pay for the whole trip. Well, she couldn't pass up a free trip to see one of her many friends she lived with in London, Canada. So it seemed Steve had moved to California. Good, Mal always wanted to go there.

At the hospital, Steve was a mess. It broke Mal's heart, really. He never was one to let nerves get the better of him. He was reckless and carefree but apparently falling victim to an attempted-murder ruined him. Mal hardly blamed him. She would personally lock herself up in her apartment and never come out. Wait, she almost did that anyway.... nah.

When he was interviewed, he had admitted his attacker had yellow eyes. Yellow eyes? How did that make any sense? Humans didn't have yellow eyes. But she knew someone who did. No, no. She had wings, not the thirst for blood. No, no. She was way too innocent and young. She was young, right? Sometimes aliens looked younger than they were. Sort of like the Doctor. But was she even an alien? That was a hard one to tell.

Mal thought this, her mind racing, as she walking aimlessly down the streets of California. She was lost, had been for hours. She thought if she wondered she'd come across something. Cell phones cost too much so she didn't have one on her and people here just.. ignored her if she tried talking to them (well, if she got the courage to talk to someone). Mal didn't like talking to strangers is she could help it but dire situations demanded action. This wasn't Canada, people weren't willing to help. Maybe there were too many crazies in America? Nah, there were crazies in Canada too. Mal didn't know what to make of this.

Suddenly she came across an interesting sight. Some figure CLIMBED up a building. Just shot up there and disappeared in a window. Was she hallucinating? Probably not... There was some ninja standing in the street and a familiar red-head was talking with him. Speaking of crazies... She slowly walked over and called, "Robin? That you...? The hell you doin' in California?"
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

PostSubject: Re: Another One Bites The Dust   Another One Bites The Dust I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:10 pm

Theta glanced down at his arm, seeing a small cut that was slowly filling with orange blood. At least it hadn't been on his neck, he mused, as he put his katana back onto his back and then used the free hand to clutch over the cut. He was surprised that he lasted that long with not more damage. Sure, he had worked hard the days in that Japanese class, and sure that fight lasted less than a minute, but he was still no Jackie Chan, by any chance. He had Robin to thank for that. He was sure that the cat would have beated him to a pulp if that had lasted only a few more minutes.

Speaking of Robin...she was talking to him. He turned and smiled at her (forgetting that he had a face mask thing on, and she had no idea he was smiling, nor who he was).

"Robin! Nice to see you again...wait, why are you in California?"

Theta turned again when he heard Mal call out, and that only served to make his grin wider. He waved in greeting. Two people he knew were here, out of all of Cali that could have shown up. Great! Then again, they all tended to be drawn to trouble. It didn't surprise him that it attracted the two girls from across an entire sea.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Another One Bites The Dust   Another One Bites The Dust I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:34 pm

Raising an eyebrow at the ninja, she smiled a bit, feeling a bit less afraid. "Well apparently you know who I am, so I guess that's good..." She turned around as she saw Mal, giggling as she asked the same question Theta just did. "What other reason? Aliens, of course." After waving, she turned towards the ninja, frowning a bit as she tried to place who he was. She felt as if she should know by the sound of his voice, but for some reason, she just couldn't place it... 

"Who are you anyway?" She asked, finally giving up with her mental struggle. Looking back at the TARDIS sitting there, she just about facepalmed, connecting the two details. "Oh, nevermind... Hi Theta." She giggled, trying to play off her major fail. Who else would it be, unless Theta was sitting in his TARDIS for some reason, which was probably not likely.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Another One Bites The Dust   Another One Bites The Dust I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:15 pm

"A-aliens?" Mal stopped when she was close to the two and eyed the ninja with fear evident in her eyes. Oh god, was he going to kill them? Nope, he didn't have yellow eyes. That was a relief. Wait, Theta? "Oh... hi. Why're you dressed like that and why do you have a sword? Who were you fighting? They scaled up a building like it was nothing. How? Suction cup hands? Jeez..."
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Another One Bites The Dust   Another One Bites The Dust I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:20 pm

Robin turned to Mal, not being able to help but giggle at her worry. "It's fine.. I think. It might be the alien I was trying to find, but maybe not. It looked kind of like a cat, though, which would explain the whole, building... thing." She shrugged as if it was no big deal, and to her, it really wasn't. As long as they weren't going to harm anyone, they were fine. Wait, why was Theta fighting them, then? Her smile faded into a small frown, "Hm... Okay, it's definitely suspicious. Gosh I just can't seem to make up my mind today. Theta, what was going on?" She questioned the ninja Time Lord, knowing he wasn't the one who screamed. Well... no, he couldn't have been.
Back to top Go down
Theta Sigma
Companion
Companion
Theta Sigma

PostSubject: Re: Another One Bites The Dust   Another One Bites The Dust I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:01 pm

"Huh? Oh, the ninja-cat had been about to attack that guy over there, then..." Theta shifted his eyes over to where the guy formerly stood, trailing off when he saw the spot's lack of occupation; it was empty now, the guy having fled the fight as soon as his limbs had decided to start working. Theta frowned and turned back around to the two girls.

"Well there was a guy over there...must have left. I don't blame him, he's only a human, gets scared easily" he completely forgot that he was currently talking to two human girls (as he usually did). The Timelord was soon aware of a biting at his skin, the, what was it called? Jack Frost nipping at your nose, even though there was no guy named Jack, and nobody in their sane mind would ever think about biting another's nose. He knew it was a metaphor, but still couldn't help but wonder why humans came up with the oddest of expressions. In midst of his musings, he was shivering under his ninja uniform and shuffling his feet, cold. These ninja uniforms weren't meant for cold nights and standing in one place, but more so for warm days and lots of physical activity.

"Erm, Robin, is this where you're staying?" he pointed to the building directly in front of them. It was obviously a hotel or apartment building, unless the redhead could afford a large, many-room building like this. He doubted it. But whatever the building was, she had come out from it's doors, so he could assume she was staying there. But many possibilities popped up in his mind; a restaurant? Maybe a Timelord with a TARDIS would be in there, and they had only been visiting before heading off to who-knows-where in the Universe. But there was only one thought that stood out in his mind. I'm cold.

"Could we maybe go inside...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another One Bites The Dust   Another One Bites The Dust I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another One Bites The Dust
Page 1 of 1