Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea I_vote_lcapGalactus Rhamphorhynchoidea I_voting_barGalactus Rhamphorhynchoidea I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea I_vote_lcapGalactus Rhamphorhynchoidea I_voting_barGalactus Rhamphorhynchoidea I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheOne
Newb
Newb

Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea Empty
PostSubject: Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea   Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:54 am

Name: Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea [Informally known as Time Eaters and erroneously called Space Locus which is offensive to the Acrididae]

Appearance: IMAGEIMAGE

Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea are perception based shapeshifters, and self bio-manipulators; also known as rapid retroactive adaption. While they cannot change their true form completely; they can rapidly mutate to adapt to most any circumstances (Cited examples are: Subject is shot with bullets. With within the hour, developed bullet proof skin.) because of this they can heal injuries from nonfatal wounds.Their perception based forms is done with a kind of hypnosis or thought interruption generated by an organ set between their eyes. A fully matured Time Eater can generate the form of anything they desire as long as they have something to work off of; a picture, a statue, a written description. Most Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea prefer to eat something and turn into it, so they have a complete DNA structure to work from. They have complex organ that stores separated strands of DNA of all the living things they consume. This is what is scientist believe allows them to rapid retroactive adapt. Because young Galactus Rhamphorynchoidea are inexperienced, their generated forms are often imperfect (more eyes than normal, disproportional limbs, ect).

Their true forms resemble that of the Earth’s late Pterosauria order. They have long, coneish heads that tapper down to beaks. Their maws are lined with sharp conical teeth that jut out at a young age, as they age to maturity their teeth fused to their beakmaws. Time Eaters have long thin tails that end in tuffs of microfibers. Like their teeth, this changes as they mature. Galactus Rhamphorynchoidea eyes appear to be oversize for their heads which in turn appears to be oversize for the rest of its slender body. As they age, their eyes become sunken into their skulls. They can walk exchangeable on all fours and bipedal, with the use of their short back legs that are clawed and their forehands which are five fingered. When the Time Eaters are born (Known as Flaplings) their fingers are rounded and black which fades as they grown into claws as they mature to a juvenile stage. Their pinkie fingers are elongated to almost the length or greater than their body. A thin membrane stretches across and connected along under their arm and upper torso. This makes up wings for them, similar to Earth’s Bats. Their wings fold upwards, forming V’s against their bodies when not in use. Elderly Time Eater’s wings begin to rot and either are rendered unusable or fall off completely. Galactus Rhamphorynchoidea are born with a coat of microfiber and microfeathers; they loose their coat as they age into maturity. Their pelt appears to be purples and greens by the average Human eye; their coats are ultraviolet in actuality . When in flight, they are invisible to the naked eye against the darkness of space. This is an ability they loose when they molt. The skin underneath their coat is solid white and loses its pigment as they age. The oldest recorded Galactus Rhamphorynchoidea was noted to be completely translucent, allowing the scientists to study its muscles and visible organs. They have greenish blue muscle structure and black blood. The grow rapidly after hatching, ranging anywhere from five feet to seven feet at the juvenile stage. In adulthood they grow synchronised with the tallest in the pack, the herd often reaching colossal heights.

Attitude: Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea society is a mutual nomadic society; similar to early humankind and many herding Earth animals. The Time Eaters are an extreme version of this. They have little understanding of individuality; anything out of the collective view is seen as an impure. They have no construct of gender or race. They have rudimentary concepts of beauty and ugliness. Singular things are ugly and things that have many are beautiful. (Though they generally consider them own kind the most beautiful, everything else being inferior and repulsive even in a collective) Each Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea speaks of itself in the plural form examples: We, many. Any word that implies more than one. They do not name their young. Known exceptions to this are: 1) A Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea has shown to be too independent and is outcast and 2) When a single Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea  is by themself, they will address themself as a single numeral and occasionally as I.

They have no form of economy as they share all resources with one another for the better of all; stripping the planet they are visiting bare. They are omnivores and omnicides. After a short mating season after mass carnage, they lay eggs in the desolated planet and leave their oldest members behind (who have loss their wings) to help the young hatch. The flaplings then consume their caretakers; a feast that lasts years. The flaplings typically eat until they are juveniles; they gain the stored DNA of the caretakers they have eaten. The flaplings will use this to take the form of the now extinct race of the planet they hatched on and hide as refugees who had fled when the Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea first landed. While Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea can eat any living (and most nonliving) matter, they have evolved to hunt Time Lords/Ladys. It is believed that their nomadic wastelanding lifestyle evolved from hunt either to draw one out or find one living among the planets population. It is thought that their rapid retroactive adapting and their ability to regenerate after being injuries comes from earlier generations having a plentiful source of Time Lords/Ladys to eat. It is a known fact that their perception based shapeshifting does not work on Gallifreyans (It does not work on feline species either) and they cannot mature fully until they have consumed a being of Time; however scientists have recorded that this is purely psychosomatic and the species had died off from sheer stubbornness. Any humanoid that collects knowledge en masse like librarians ans historians have been known to start the process into adult hood. Without a herd to direct them, a lone Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea will hunt obsessively for a Time Lord/Lady, though they have no internal or external organs to aid them in this.  

Time Eaters are a very proud race. They consider the mass murder and destruction of a planet to be a holy mission, ridding the world of its impurities. Typically they respond bluntly to things, they make no small talk with lesser being, but speak eloquently when they need to say things with more than one word. They have their own language but the organ that controls their perception based shapeshifting can also translate language allowing the listener to hear in their language and visa versa (unless the organ is damaged); this is effective on all races even the ones that can see through their visual disguise. They view their shiftshaping as something to do to fool weaker, vile races. They view other creatures with utmost contempt and will gladly tell them how disgusting they think the other creatures are. A solitary Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea is asocial; very rarely will they make friends or family with other kinds. It is unknown, but likely because of their adaptable DNA, if they can have offspring with other species.

Technology: Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea have developed no technology on their ancient home planet. They are capable of learning and using technology. Their home world had other sentient species that did develop technology. Their homeworld planet was entering their industrial revolution when the first Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea swarm began. They were more advanced than Earth present day in some things; like environmental technology and planetary travel but was farther behind in social electronic technology like the internet and phones.

Backstory: Their earliest stages of evolution are remarkably similar to Earth’s Rhamphorhynchoidea and other similar races across the universe, their common ancestors were scavengers along their homeland’s plentiful shores. With no competition for resources, they evolved into sentient beings quickly; their perception based shapeshifting organ is believed to have been formed early on, allowing them to live peacefully among the violent (and less violent, timid) creatures on their planet. Overtime they learned to use this as a tool to hunt with. Their planet entered a turmoilous time period of weather; rapid heating and cooling, violent storms and long drought; in this time period Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea began to evolve what would later become the ability to rapid retroactive adapt; allowing them to withstand the climate changes and change their digestive system to eat anything to survive. (This since has been refined by their nomadic life style and their diet of beings with self-manipulating DNA.) It is believed at this time, the new planet was a popular destination for Gallifreyans a young but vastly more technologically advanced race at the time. Unwitting tourists coming upon seaside clusters of early Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea would have likely been quickly devoured. A steady diet of clumsy Gallifreyans would explain for the rapid evolution of Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea’s brains into complexed thinking creatures, developing their primitive organs into something that could collect DNA and their ability to regenerate after injury. How they came to think of Time Lords/Ladys as their main source of food is speculation of many scholars but it is widely to believe that its just because they taste the fantastic and became something of a pseudo-religion to keep the herd together.

Sometime before the destruction [read cleansing] of their homeworld, their growth became tied with whether or not they have consumed a Time Lord/Lady. This is believed to be purely psychosomatic as a single Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea in the herd can eat one and trigger the entire group to enter adulthood as well. As they keep no written records, but pass everything down through eaten memory, only other Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea know how it came to be that they lived without individuality or the desires to wipe out everything that isn’t exactly them. Most Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea are not keen on sharing this sort of information, but however it came to be their first target was their homeworld and then their entire solar system; leaving it barren and growing their once rare population. Their ability to withstand the vacuum of space while they glided from planet to planet thanks to their ability to retroactively adapt, they would land like comets on planets, fiery hellbringers repairing themselves and leaving an entire planet bare. They flourished this way for many millennia, far outliving Earth’s Pterousia order. The Time War impacted their race heavily; taking neither side. A majority of them were wiped out by Daleks and many died before reaching maturity as the race of Time Lords/Ladys were locked. They are now considered extinct by most scientists in the universe.

Present: While there have been claims of sightings on planets with their order of all Pterosaur extinct (See Earth Incident B7) these claims have been debunk. There has been no verifiable sightings of Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea  since the days of the Time Wars. It is believed what small herds remained after the last great Time War cannibalized each other as there have been no complete specimen found.

Last edited by TheOne on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea   Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 12:04 pm

Hm... I love it, but there are two simple problems.

As a rule on this site, no other species is allowed to use regeneration. Very rarely, we might allow it to be greatly limited. It's mainly to keep people from making a second Time Lord race because of the no-OC-Time-Lords rule. It doesn't seem to be that important to the species, so perhaps you could just remove the trait?

Now, here's the part that's going to be a bit harder. I'm pretty sure the race would have to be just about extinct by now with the lack of Time Lords. I do see that you have mentioned this, but I mean on a bigger scale. The only Time Lords left on this website are the forms of the Doctor, a few OC Time Lords that were created long before the rule was placed, and some other assorted Canons. Even if that was enough to keep them alive, they would have invaded the Earth already because of the Doctor's presence, yeah? This bit you can keep the same if you want, but I just think that you should lessen the dependence on Time Lords. It would probably turn out better in the long run.

-Nat of the Administrative Staff-
Back to top Go down
TheOne
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea   Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 10:27 am

omg thanks! ah!! easypeasy!
orig: and are known to posses the ability to regenerate after injuries
edit: because of this they can heal injuries from nonfatal wounds.
is that okay?

hmm yeah! my goal was just about extinct! would it be okay if i made it purely pyscosematic and more extinct

edit: however scientists have recorded that this is purely psychosomatic and the species had died off from sheer stubbornness. Any humanoid that collects knowledge en masse like librarians ans historians have been known to start the process into adult hood. Without a herd to direct them, a lone Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea will hunt obsessively for a Time Lord/Lady, though they have no internal or external organs to aid them in this.

orig: While they are considered extinct by most parts of the universe, there are small remaining herds the the cosmos. While less threatening now than in their glory days, they keep to small lush moons, eating the sentient populist and living off the planets bounty. They do often leave a planet a wasteland but without a Time Lord/Lady to eat to mature them into adulthood they cannot mature to adulthood and cannot reproduce. It is much more common to find one alone and afraid and hungry. Believing they are completely alone in the universe. A single Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea is perfectly capable of laying waste to an entire planet but without a herd a single Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea will likely search only a person of Time to eat, and many simply starve to death.

edit: While there have been claims of sightings on planets with their order of all Pteasaur extinct (See Earth Incidint B7 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] these claims have been debunk. There has been no verifiable sightings of Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea since the days of the Time Wars. It is beleived what small herds remained after the last great Time War cannibaliszed each other as there have been no complete secimen found.

how about this?? thank you for the help!!
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea   Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:52 pm

I think that takes care of everything ^^

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-Nat of the Administrative Staff-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea   Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Galactus Rhamphorhynchoidea
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Character Creation :: Alien Creation-
Jump to: