Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
human 41-ice I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
human 41-ice I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
human 41-ice I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
human 41-ice I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
human 41-ice I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
human 41-ice I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
human 41-ice I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
human 41-ice I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
human 41-ice I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
human 41-ice I_vote_lcaphuman 41-ice I_voting_barhuman 41-ice I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

human 41-ice

Go down 
+2
Brax
tarlof celon
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

human 41-ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: human 41-ice   human 41-ice I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 12:34 pm

You will need a picture to accompany this…Then you need to add in the RPing section of the character template, its not just there to look pretty but to show us your RPing skills.
Back to top Go down
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

human 41-ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: human 41-ice   human 41-ice I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 12:43 pm

Its in the bottom of the character creation form, unless the SOs had taken it down. It has rule on what they want to see your skills and you don't have to draw it and you can find a close resemblance to your character unless you decide to describe your character in more detail.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

human 41-ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: human 41-ice   human 41-ice I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 4:26 pm

I'd like to see a more detailed..well...everything. Your sentences describing her history, likes, dislikes etc etc are only one sentence at best. And honestly, just sounds like an Alice and Wonderland. Work on a more detailed information for the character.

Your RP'ing is ok, apart from my grammar nazi side not liking the structure, i can still read through it without problems understanding it. So it's fine i suppose.

Work on details. Details are key here on the site, it helps members understand not only your character but also your threads and replies when you start RP'ing. It helps them a lot more if you have too much detail rather than not enough.

Example: 41-ice walked into coffee shop. Sat down. Drank coffee.

41-ice strode into a local coffee shop, glancing around at the crowds of people in the street as they passed by her, each eyeing her odd appearance. ((You get the point. It's like writing a story))
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

human 41-ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: human 41-ice   human 41-ice I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 4:42 pm

I hate to say it, but that... I don't think that counts. Sure, you can RP certain details out, but we can't be sure this character would be okay. Without those details, we can't know if you're going to do something that wouldn't fit the rules. Please at least try to put more information into your form, because I'd hate to have to send you a message later on telling you that you cannot RP your character...

-Nat of the Administrative Staff-
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

human 41-ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: human 41-ice   human 41-ice I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 9:54 pm

" just approve when you are satisfied"

We can just disapprove your character instead of trying to help you, you do realize that right? I am not sure how i am supposed to read/take that but i insist you listen to the people in charge here as all we are trying to do is help you. Yeah it's fine and dandy that you use all your "details" in the story but that RP sample is showing us how well you can actually RP as well as follow our guidelines.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

human 41-ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: human 41-ice   human 41-ice I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 7:38 am

It's called word phrasing and it matters greatly on a site that is internet and typed word based. Members have come on here and crapped out CC's expecting approvals without really trying to put thought into their characters at all. Not saying this is your case as well.

All we are asking of you is to show that you are capable of providing well enough details both in your RP and your CC to aid other members in replying to your threads, and reading up on your character to better understand her. Details help all here on the site because it gives other members ways of getting into your RP when they know everything that is going on, setting, plot etc etc.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

human 41-ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: human 41-ice   human 41-ice I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:07 am

This CC is just for us Admins and Site Owners to evaluate what the purpose of your Character as a whole is. Not for RP purposes. This is just to completely evaluate your character and approve it for RP'ing.

Once RP'ing you can expand the story of your character more as her life progresses. Think of this as...the blue print of a house..we, the SO and Admin's, must approve of the outline of the house prior to it being built. We want to know where the bathrooms are going, bedrooms, living rooms (the details, history, likes/dislikes etc). Once we approve of it then it is yours to alter, change and fill in the blueprint to complete the house (character). Does that explain it better?
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

human 41-ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: human 41-ice   human 41-ice I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 11:42 pm

Not to mention the 'regeneration phase' thing I noted at the top there. Far as I know, Time Lords are the only species that can regenerate...

-Sonya
~Site Owner
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

human 41-ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: human 41-ice   human 41-ice I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 1:22 am

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he probably didn't. Mainly because the whole Timelord-ban-thing was his idea in the first place. Just thought I'd say it.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

human 41-ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: human 41-ice   human 41-ice I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 9:04 am

Actually i did because she was insisting in being a Time Lord and whether i told her she couldn't or not, she was still going to fight it. So i made up a compromise to where her character could only regenerate 3 times. But now she has made the TARDIS fob watch idea which, in my honest opinion...we might as well just call you a Time Lord. TARDIS - Regeneration - IQ Level, next will be her own sonic screwdriver.

I was trying to make a compromise so she would be happy here. But i think i will have to switch back to my original thought. WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING TIME LORDS. And your ideas for your character are pretty much Time Lord, it's screaming Time Lord and the only thing different is the species designation.

My fellow Site Owner and our Administrator have disapproved your character and device creation based off of that same rule. Not accepting Time Lords period, nor spin off Time Lords. I'm sorry, but you will just have to be more original with your character, your device is original and innovative but it's too Time Lord-ish. And your character IS NOT A TIME LORD.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

human 41-ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: human 41-ice   human 41-ice I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 7:32 pm

I am sorry you feel this way. Although comparing Dungeons and Dragons to Doctor Who is widely different. As well as Avatar: The Last Airbender. I am not sure that DND has canon or not, but i know ATLA does, how that site got around canon issues is making the site take place hundreds of years past the series on television. Resulting in much more openness in RP'ing with ATLA.

Doctor Who, however, is much more strict in what and what can not happen. Recently the show runner, Stephen Moffat, had to abide by the rules of the 12 regeneration's in the Christmas special. Before we have implemented the rule of no more Time Lords, that was all we were getting, period. Time Lord after Time Lord, each with their own TARDIS, sonic screwdriver etc etc. I mean, in all reality, Doctor Who respects and goes back to it's known canon more than any show and that is shown in every single episode. We want this site to feel like every RP is it's own episode, meaning respecting known canons while having fun.

If we opened up the Time Lord creations, that's all we would have. Heck! The ATLA site has restrictions on Avatars! It's the same exact thing! There is only one Avatar on that site, like here where there are only so many Time Lords until the owners say otherwise. Imagine the ATLA RP site if anyone could be the Avatar and create one, EVERYONE WOULD BE AVATARS AND BE SOMEHOW, ONE SHAPE OR ANOTHER, RELATED TO AANG.
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

human 41-ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: human 41-ice   human 41-ice I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 10:10 pm

Okay. I was going to be nice about this, alright? I was going to try and keep my head, but insulting David? Now you're in trouble.

You can have a long life without having regenerations. You could have made up an alien that lived for hundreds of years, and maybe, just maybe, could have been immortal. 

You can have a high IQ without being a Time Lord. There are literally nearly-infinite races you could come up with that are as smart as you required.

There are tons of ways to travel through time with a capsule. You could have made one up. There's even a canon way to do it.

But no, YOU decided to throw a fit. YOU'RE the one complaining that you can't get what you want. David even said that you INSISTED on a Time Lord! We do NOT tolerate that here. If you want to go ahead and say I'M having a tantrum, fine. I know I am. But when you call calmly negotiating with you and almost letting you bend the rules a "tantrum", you've clearly overstepped your boundaries.

You cannot just act like the rules don't apply to you. Open your mind. There are tons, and I mean TONS of ways you could have fixed your character and still have gone by your design, but you utterly refused to listen to us. 

And I'm gonna be petty and point out that you've said you're not coming back already, yet here you are, still fighting.

So I would suggest actually leaving this time. If you come back here just to fan the flames, I swear, I will ban you the SECOND I'm given permission.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

human 41-ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: human 41-ice   human 41-ice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

human 41-ice
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next