Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Needed Madness  I_vote_lcapNeeded Madness  I_voting_barNeeded Madness  I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Needed Madness  I_vote_lcapNeeded Madness  I_voting_barNeeded Madness  I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Needed Madness

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 11:24 pm

((Closed ~ Romana and I))

The Axis hovered, looming, above an endless desert, mountains of sand stood gloriously in the background, the sun setting just behind them. A chilling wind roared down from the east, hitting the side of The Overseer's face as he looked out from his balcony, his eyes squinting at the fading light of the sun. Another day of silence had driven The Overseer over the edge again, the table and room behind him laying in ruins from his most recent mental splurge. "Overseer" The Overseer mumbled, lowering his head as he shook it, "Overseeing what? My own madness?!" he spat suddenly, slamming his fist onto the stone railing of the balcony. "Nothing happens anymore! There used to be countless Time Lords!..Hell..i even miss the blasted Daleks for that matter...at least their so called arms made for good plungers".

Suddenly the sky sparked to life as a ball of fire roared down onto the sandy surface. The Overseer jerked up with new found energy at the sight, a menacingly crazy smile ripping across his face, "..ha...hahaha" slowly he began to laugh as he spun and bolted into The Axis. The ball smacked a nearby sand hill, stopping it in its fiery decent immediately. With his black and green cape billowing behind him, The Overseer sauntered his way through the tall, gargantuan gates and onto the stone bridge. The only thing connecting the world of The Axis to the seemingly endless desert, The Overseer stood in the middle of, awaiting the arrival of whomever came, his grin holding firm.

Meanwhile Across The Universe....

The Doctor sat comfortably in his stool next to the controls, his shoes kicked up on the console as he deeply read into a book, the glasses holding onto his face at the edge of his nose. Sniffing, The Doctor pushed the glasses back up and took a quick glance around the TARDIS before peering back to his book. Then suddenly, the scanner lit up with life as a new emergency frequency came hollering in. The Doctor groaned and rolled his eyes, "What is it now?".

Reluctantly getting up, The Doctor drug himself to the scanner and slowly reviewed the origin of the frequency and it's nature. His face turned cold with shock, "Can't be.." he mumbled before bursting with energy and yanking down the main lever, a grin merging onto his face, "Hahahahaha!!!! Wooohhoohooo!!".
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Romana II
Administrator
Administrator
Romana II

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 8:25 pm

It wasn't in fear that Romana had fled - it was in desperation. Desperation not for herself, but for her people. She had fled to the Axis; explored the temporal dead ends in the hope of finding something, anything to use against the Daleks; to stop the onslaught once and for all.

Alternate timeline after alternate timeline after alternate timeline... how many had she gone through? There was no telling. After so, so many years... Romana lost hope. Thousands of timelines, at least, and not a one of them could offer her anything to use in the Great Time War.

Defeated, Romana's small hand turned a knob, sending a signal to the High Council in her original timeline. There was no hope in the Axis. She would have to return home and fight the Daleks as best she could with what little they had.

She gripped the edges of the center console and leaned in with eyes shut tight. Her blonde hair hung loose around her face as her TARDIS hummed lightly as she waited for the signal she could hone in on to return home.

The signal never came. Instead, a hated, terrifying voice.

"TIME CAPSULE HAS BEEN DETECTED."

Twenty years of torture flew through Romana's head as her eyes shot open and she saw the scanner.

"No! No you will not take me again!" She cried, and leapt into action. Her TARDIS whirred to life as she dematerialized, flying through Space and Time within the Axis.

"THERE IS NO ESCAPE. WE ARE THE MASTERS OF THE AXIS."

"No!" She flitted around the console throwing switches, turning dials, pushing buttons, until her ship took a violent lurch that sent her sprawling.

The Daleks were firing on her.

"THE FEMALE TIME LORD WILL COOPERATE. YOU WILL SURRENDER TO THE DALEKS."

"Like hell!" But try as she might, Romana couldn't evade them. They had locked on to her ship and were following her throughout Time and Space. Her only hope was to escape the Axis. But for that she would need help.

If the Daleks had entered the Axis, that must mean that the High Council, at least, had fallen. But who else could help her? Who could navigate through the mess, and cared enough about her to even try?

The Dalek's onslaught continued, and parts of her ship were starting to spark, but Romana ignored it. If there was one person in all the universe that could get to her, it would be him...

"Doctor, help me! -Fred" was sent as a coded signal along with her relative coordinates within the Axis before the screen exploded in a shower of sparks. She knew she would lose control quickly. The least she could do was aim the crash landing...

Suddenly the sky sparked to life as a ball of fire roared down onto the sandy surface.

Romana's TARDIS was on fire. She banged and pushed at the doors frantically until they finally opened to her. She fell out, crawling and coughing her way away from her burning ship. She flung her smoldering trenchcoat from her body and lay gasping in the hot sand.

Her body was singed and her lungs burned. The pain was intense, but not life threatening. She still wasn't safe. Romana gingerly got to her hands and knees before looking up to see a man standing on a bridge.

"Help me!" She croaked out. "Please, help me!"
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 10:10 pm

The TARDIS spun and zipped through the time vortex with increasing speed, the brakes screeching and roaring as the time machine appeared in the desert of The Axis realm. Bursting through the doors with glee, The Doctor grinned widely, expecting his long lost friend to be standing there in front of him. When she wasn't, he quickly became worried and began to peer around him until finally his eyes landed on the smoke billowing up over the sand hill to his left.

Without a further thought in his mind, The Doctor bolted up the hill, forcibly pushing up the obstacle as he called out, "Romana!". Reaching the top of the small hill, The Doctor horrifyingly gazed at the smoking TARDIS, fearing the worst as he dashed down to it and made the first effort to enter the time machine.

Smoke swarmed out of the TARDIS interior, causing The Doctor to cover his face and squint his eyes to minimize his exposure to the scorching hot smoke. "Romana!!" He called out, peering around the controls and taking a few steps in, "Romana!!!". There wasn't anybody there, no signs of life at all existed in the control room of Romana's TARDIS, a fiery shell of what it used to be as the controls sparked on fire. Reluctantly, The Doctor exited Romana's TARDIS just as a wave of fire protruded out of the doors and wrapped around the vessel.

The Doctor glanced back to the machine as he began to walk away but then stopped, his eyes catching something. A path in the sand, as if someone crawled, "Romana..." The Doctor whispered, looking up with new found hope as he raced in the direction of the shifted sand before the looming tower of The Axis grabbed his attention. A few feet in front of him laid a woman, her back to him as she pleaded to the man in the distance, eagerly awaiting her arrival as he stood in the center of the bridge. Looking down at the woman, The Doctor smiled, taking two steps toward her, "Looks like you need a Doctor".
Back to top Go down
Romana II
Administrator
Administrator
Romana II

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 10:52 pm

"Looks like you need a Doctor"

Romana turned her head and instantly recognized the man standing before her, though she had never seen him in that body.

"Doctor... I do believe that's the quickest you've ever come when called." Romana tried to get to her feet, only to stop mid way when a coughing fit took her. Her arms and legs were blistered, burned, and blackened and her black dress was in tatters. She looked like a patchwork doll after being dragged through the dirt, and felt similar to it.

"I absolutely need you. Yes," she said, this time coming all the way to her feet. "Please, tell me you have a burn salve in your pockets, or a guest bed in your TARDIS so that I can sleep this off..."

She took in his appearance for the first time. He appeared to be of similar height and age now as he had when they first met. He had the same manic grin and large brown eyes, but he was skinnier and his choice of clothing was much approved.

But he hadn't been the man she had first seen. Gingerly, she turned to look back at the bridge.

"He's just... standing there."
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 10:48 am

The Doctor rushed over to the side of Romana after she desperately tried to get to him. Kneeling down beside her, he looked up, gazing out at the man standing in the center of the bridge, "The Overseer" The Doctor mumbled. "Ruler of The Axis...anything that's here is his..which means that by now he's already transported my TARDIS into The Axis for holding until he see's fit. In other words...we aren't leaving until we go to him" The Doctor helped explain, concluding with a sniff as he looked back down to Romana, "Looks like you could use a lift..come on".

Placing his hands under her and with one big push, The Doctor lifted her up into a cradle position and stood up straight. "There we go, much better" The Doctor grunted, pushing a smile onto his face as he looked down to her then up to The Overseer, "Let's go say hello shall we?". Striding out to the bridge, The Doctor took his time, looking at the building and formulating all possible escape routes they could take, along with possible count of enemies inside.

"Welcome!!" The Overseer proclaimed, extending out his arms in a hugging manor, a grin displayed prominently across his face, "Welcome to The Axis fellow Time Lords!". "She needs a Doctor" The Doctor told him, his cold expression on his face burning off the joyful one on The Overseer, "I know you have my ship..i've got my medical supplies in there. I need it". The Overseer frowned, lowering his arms and placing his hands at his side, "Your TARDIS is mine until i see fit. This place is mine..she is mine..you..are mine. Everything you need to heal her is inside..we have all the best medicines for you..Doctor..now tend to your patient" he finished with a gesture to the open gate doors behind him.The Doctor eyed The Overseer cautiously before entering, carefully looking to both sides as he passed through the gate and into the center of The Axis Tower, "Your room is on the right. Dinner is in one hour..i will see you there" ordered The Overseer, directing The Doctor with a thrust of his index finger.

The room was clean, too clean for The Doctor's taste, the two bed frames resting up against the wall, a bathroom with all accessories and even an table with a data tablet on it. In all respects it was a hotel room, or worse...a home The Doctor thought as he placed Romana down on a bed and turned to the medicine table located next to the bathroom. "TARDIS on fire..blaster marks on it's side..you asking for my help..you must have been in real danger" The Doctor called back to Romana, "I'm sorry...i'm sorry i wasn't there. Time and space was being destroyed..decaying over the time of the war. I had to put an end to it...an end to it all".
Back to top Go down
Romana II
Administrator
Administrator
Romana II

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 7:55 pm

As undignifying as it was, Romana didn't protest to being carried. It wasn't the first time he'd needed to carry her. She did her best to be a good passenger, but something was bothering her.

"Doctor," she said before they'd reached the Overseer. "I was inside the Axis. If we're outside it now, that means I crashed through several layers on my way here..." She didn't need to continue. He was smart enough to know what holes in universes could do. And anyway, they'd reached the Overseer.

Romana stiffened defensively when he claimed ownership of her and the Doctor. Her eyes narrowed and she gripped the Doctor's shoulder harder, but she didn't say anything.

He took her to their room and like the Doctor, Romana thought they were too... immaculate.

"I'm sorry...i'm sorry i wasn't there. Time and space was being destroyed..decaying over the time of the war. I had to put an end to it...an end to it all"

"You ended it? The Time War?" And for a moment, Romana had hope again. "Well that's great! I went into the Axis thinking there was nothing that would stop the Daleks in this universe. If I had known... Doctor?"

He hadn't responded, and she knew that meant something was wrong. Worry crept up her spine.

"Did you... you said... Doctor, tell me the War is won. Tell me you found a way without... without-"
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 7:18 pm

"No! Perfectly alive!" The Doctor exploded with happiness as he replied, excited at the thought opposed to the previous belief that they all were dead, "Well..originally i thought they were all destroyed but later on, with the help of..well..three..of me..we placed the Time Lords in a pocket universe. Ever since they've been trying to get through..i'm still working out how to get them back". Finishing the solution in front of him, The Doctor turned and walked over to Romana and stood next to the bed as he handed it to her, "It'l help with the pain for now until i can get something together to work on those burns of yours" he joked with a slight chuckle.

Slowly the door of The Doctor and Romana's room creaked open, a small head popping in and peered around curiously. A small girl, her blue eyes roaring with curiosity and intrigue as she entered the room and made eye contact with The Doctor as he glanced over to her. "Oh...hello" The Doctor mumbled, a smile emerging on his face as the girl came closer to the two of them, "You're The Doctor" the girl said suddenly. The Doctor nodded, surprised that she knew his name, "Yes..yes i am. And this is Romana.." he replied. The girl looked over to Romana and nodded, "I know who she is..i had to come when i heard you were here. I needed to come and tell you..tell you how i got here" she began, "The cracks..the cracks are opening wider and wider with every generation on Gallifrey..it is the first time it has been big enough for a child to squeeze through..they sent me here to get you..they sent me here for you to bring back Gallifrey".
Back to top Go down
Romana II
Administrator
Administrator
Romana II

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:24 pm

Relief washed over Romana and she took the solution gratefully. "You scared me for a moment, Doctor. A pocket universe...?"

Romana thought it over as she applied the cooling solution to her arms, legs and face. And indeed, the pain receded. Then a small girl entered their room, and Romana became slightly confused.

"How are you going to bring us back to Gallifrey? And why?" she asked the girl.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 10:19 pm

The girl cocked her head to the right as she peered from The Doctor to Romana, "So that The Doctor can sacrifice himself to bring our people back" she replied coldly, "What are you talking about?" The Doctor hissed. "Your TARDIS was used to create the pocket universe where we live..if you destroy the TARDIS and it's pilot in the center of the crack then it will open and release us" The girl replied as she looked over to him, "You have no choice..you will come with me..you will sacrifice yourself for the good of Gallifrey.".

The Doctor backed up two steps from the girl, shaking his head, "No..that's not the way" he muttered a reply, the girl's easy smile shifting into a frown almost immediately. Suddenly her entire body began to waver, shaking from side to side like a wave on the ocean surface. Her eyes glowed gold as she gritted her teeth as, within one blink of an eye, the body morphed into that of The Overseers and he thrust his arm out to The Doctor. Tightly his hand gripped around The Doctor's neck and forced him against the wall, "You will bring them back Doctor..or else...she dies". Releasing his grip around his neck, The Overseer let The Doctor slump to the floor as he turned and sauntered out of the room, a chuckle echoing from him as he left. The Doctor glared up at him, his hand cuffing his neck, "He's going to use my TARDIS" he coughed, "To implode inside of the crack...but what he doesn't know..." he coughed once more, "That'l destroy the fabric of time and space..nothing will be left..not even the pocket universe".
Back to top Go down
Romana II
Administrator
Administrator
Romana II

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:17 pm

Romana grabbed a nearby lamp to hurl at the Overseer, but by the time she turned around to aim, he was gone, and the Doctor was slumped on the floor. She rushed to him, checking his pulse and making sure he still had the capability to breathe. Her mind raced.

"How are we going to stop him? My TARDIS is destroyed. It was burning!" She looked out the window at the Axis. Perhaps the means to stop the Overseer would be in there...

"If you destroy the TARDIS and it's pilot in the center of the crack then it will open and release us"

The words echoed in Romana's head. Even if the means to stop the Overseer weren't in the Axis, it might be the only place where the Doctor would be safe.

"Come on, get up," she whispered. "We're escaping."
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 4:22 pm

The Doctor slowly stood up, glancing around the room breathing heavily before finally looking back over to Romana, "Things are different" he started, "Since the first time you met me..the adventures we had..things are different now. Danger was always a reality but it's a different kind of danger...the Time Lords look to me to come back...even though he was acting as that child..it's still a reality i have to bear". Getting his balance, The Doctor stood still and firm, his eyes locked on her, "All their lives..all the children. Their lives rest on my shoulders..i bare the weight of our people...not one second goes by that i don't wish i could bring them back..but the reality is...i can't. That crack is the only thing that i have to go on..for once in my life..i have no idea how i am going to win this".

Slowly the door opened up once more, The Overseer standing proudly in the center of the door frame, his eyes glaring down at the two Time Lords in the back of the room. "You will join me..both of you..we are going to play a little game" He chuckled, his eyes wavering between the both of them, "The Time Lords will return..whether you like it or not..i don't care how many times i have to kill either of you...now...let's begin shall we?".
Back to top Go down
Romana II
Administrator
Administrator
Romana II

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 8:21 pm

"Absolutely not!" Romana said, stepping between the Overseer and the Doctor. Though small, she seethed with authority. Centuries of presidency had taught her how to handle most situations with diplomatic resolve.

Which, in her current anger, she completely forgot.

"You are sick if you think we will play any of your games. Now let us go! We're not here for your amusement."
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 8:49 pm

The Overseer outstretched both his arms as if going in to hug Romana, a huge grin plastered across his face, "You're not on Gallifrey! You are not in your throne missy! This is my domain! And what i say goes!" he paused as he suddenly lowered his arms and rushed in front of Romana. Glaring down at her, The Overseer quickly placed his hands on the side of her head and began to slowly laugh. "You..him...every single Time Lord that comes here is mine! Mine!!! Until i see fit....so you will play my game..hahahaha...yes! Yes! You will play my game..to decide which one of you will give their life..to bring forth my army through the crack".

Looking over to The Doctor, The Overseer grinned menacingly, "And i will use them..to destroy every single bit of time and space around The Axis until this...this place..is the only thing left. The Sanctuary for all living things..all of them..mine" he concluded with a forceful kiss to Romana. The Doctor bolted forward but before he could do anything, The Overseer turned and sauntered out of the room, "Dinner! Four minutes!" he yelled over his shoulder, "And the fate of the galaxy will be held..over dinner..so diplomatic don't you think?" The Doctor tried to joke in an effort to ease the tension as he looked over to Romana, "You alright?".
Back to top Go down
Romana II
Administrator
Administrator
Romana II

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 9:03 pm

Romana stood in shocked silence for a few minutes.

"I'm going to kill him," she concluded. But the thought was immediately banished from her mind when she remembered that they still needed him. He was the only one who could bring back the Doctor's TARDIS.

She wiped her mouth in disgust and turned to the Doctor. "What do we do? We can't just go along with what he want. We have to get out of here somehow..."
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 9:26 pm

"Well..." The Doctor replied, jolting his head to the right as he thought, "The me you know would offer him a jelly baby and flash a grin, hoping he would take one and carry one..but i've got a feeling that wouldn't work with him". Smirking, he glanced over to Romana then back to the door and took a step forward, "The Axis consists of several layers of protection to keep it from the outside universe..which means several layers of his control. Even if we got out to my TARDIS he'd just yank us back in..no..the best thing we can do is stick together and see what happens. Besides..there's been loads of times i've winged it and everything has worked out".

Turning back to Romana, The Doctor grinned, his smile wide, showing all his teeth like his incarnation long before him once did. Slowly, The Doctor extended out his hand to Romana, "Allons-y?" he asked her before turning to the door, "And before you ask..yes..i've got a plan. Not much of a plan..but..still...a plan" he sniffed.

Walking out into the hallway, The Doctor peered around, the decor passing by them as they walked down the red carpet towards the dinning hall. All of a sudden the walls began to shift, the entire structure of The Axis began to spin, the decor immediately disappearing within a flash of light, the very wood beneath their feet beginning to shake and rip from their boards. "Let it begin..." Roared The Overseer from above, his voice ringing out in an echo. The Doctor held Romana's hand tightly, "Alright..i correct myself...i haven't got a plan. Do you have one?".
Back to top Go down
Romana II
Administrator
Administrator
Romana II

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 10:01 pm

Despite their situation, Romana smiled. She couldn't help it - his smile had always been infectious. She took his hand. "Alright then, lead the way."

Hand in hand, she followed him into the hallway. It had all the interior designs as an Earth mansion, complete with paintings, statues, and red carpeting.

She heard the Overseer laugh, and out of pure instinct, shrank into the Doctor's side. The room spun and the furnishings disappeared. The Doctor didn't have a plan. The floor beneath their feet was splintering and shaking.

"I haven't got a plan. Do you have one?"

"Run!" She yelled, then yanked the Doctor into action. The floorboards beneath them shattered and fell into pitch blackness, and more than one time Romana nearly fell. She could see a large staircase up ahead, but would it hold?
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 12:21 pm

The Doctor peered around his surroundings, looking for anything to aid them in running away from the shifting building and floor. First he looked for doors, anything to lead them out of the building, but everything was shut and dead locked sealed. Second was the spiral staircase which Romana currently lead them to. Just as they approached it, the staircase began to crumble, the very foundations of the structure falling into the abyss beneath them.

Quickly The Doctor reached out and stopped Romana just before she ran over the edge, his eyes wide as they peered up to the second floor then around them completely. "What would he want us to think?" He asked out loud, "He would want us to think that there isn't a way out. That...that we're going to fall into this pit and never return". Walking to the edge, The Doctor peered down, gazing into the seemingly never ending darkness, "I wonder what would happen if you jumped down?" he asked, mostly himself, "Would you really die? Fall through the layers and eventually fall out into deep space?". The Doctor turned to Romana, smirking as an idea rushed into his mind, "I refuse to let him win." he peered up to the ceiling, "I refuse!! I refuse to be afraid of you and your tricks!" he yelled before turning once more and standing at the edge, "Talk about jumping to conclusions".
Back to top Go down
Romana II
Administrator
Administrator
Romana II

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 6:40 pm

"Wait!" Romana grabbed his arm, pulling him back sharply. "Not you! Think about it. It's your TARDIS he's got. You're the one he wants to kill in order to release Gallifrey. If you jump, you could die."

She looked over the edge. It looked like an endless hole with death at the bottom. "He doesn't need me like he needs you. I dare say I'm expendable. I'll do it."

She stepped to the edge, closed her eyes, and inhaled deeply.

"Here's hoping you're right," she said, then leaned forward with arms outstretched.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 8:57 pm

((You have the choice to lead the RP from this moment onward. Up to you Very Happy ))

Just before Romana's form plunged into the seemingly endless deep dark abyss, The Doctor's fingers intertwined with hers and their palms locked. As she fell his body too met the same fate; a smirk locked onto his face as he fell, "Not alone" he said calmly, "Never in all the times you and i have traveled together have i let you be alone in a decision..and it isn't stopping here. If the Overseer wants me to open that crack..then he's going to need to at least keep you alive".

WHAM

The Doctor slammed onto the cold metal floor beneath him, the side of his place plastered up against it as he groaned, "Well that was unexpected...". Easily letting go of Romana's hand, The Doctor slowly stood up and glanced around him but the pitch black darkness kept him from seeing anything. Squinting, The Doctor attempted to make out anything but when that failed him he turned back to Romana and offered her a hand, "I know you and the floor are having an intimate moment right now but..i think you'l have to call it off" he joked.

With his other hand, The Doctor flipped out his sonic screwdriver; once Romana was to her feet, he turned and used it to shed light on the room around them. In the first couple visible feet in front of them there was nothing, leading The Doctor to become more curious and egg him enough to cautiously move forward, "Stay close" he mumbled to Romana, offering her his hand as reassurance.
Back to top Go down
Romana II
Administrator
Administrator
Romana II

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 9:46 pm

Romana's body hit the floor hard enough to knock the breath from her. She lay still through the pain, waiting for her body to be able to draw breath again.

"I know you and the floor are having an intimate moment right now but..i think you'l have to call it off"

Romana groaned and began the process of getting to her feet. "I seem to recall," she said, "a time where I was not injured so often. There was a distinct lack of Doctor around."

Finally getting to her feet, and now convinced that she had no broken bones to add to her current list of injuries, she grabbed the Doctor's hand again. The blue light could only go so far in the oppressive darkness. They shuffled along, keeping close together, until something caught Romana's attention.

"I hear water." although she whispered, her voice echoed around them.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 6:53 pm

The Doctor paused, listening intently to the echoing sound of running water, his eyebrows perking up as he nodded, "I do too" he mumbled a reply, "Come on". Cautiously, The Doctor sauntered out to the echoing sound of the water, squinting as he tried to see anything in front of him. Suddenly his foot struck something firm and hard.

Immediately The Doctor toppled over, hitting the object in question on his way down before rolling off of it and hitting the cold hard floor beneath it. "Don't come any closer..there's something on the floor" The Doctor warned Romana as he tirelessly forced himself up, "Either that or i'm getting extremely clumsy" he mumbled. Upon shinning his light on the object, it revealed itself to be a huge stopper with a big metal handle on top of it. The Doctor arched his eyebrow, "It's...a bathtub stopper" he mumbled surprisingly, "Usually you put this is you..well..the humans do..they put this in their bathtubs to stop the water from draining down the pipes when they take a bath..but..i don't see any water around here..so why is this here".
Back to top Go down
Romana II
Administrator
Administrator
Romana II

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 7:33 pm

"You've always been clumsy," Romana said, carefully sidestepping the object and helping the Doctor to his feet.

She looked around as the Doctor explained. They both had heard the water... so where was it? And why was it getting louder?

Suddenly the puzzle pieces fit.

"Doctor, pull the stopper!" She screamed, before grabbing the metal ring herself and yanking. And now she could feel the water at her feet and rising quickly. What was under the stopper? Was there a ceiling to this pitch black place? Romana was afraid of what both answers could be. She continued to pull at the stopper, the water now at her hips.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 8:17 pm

The Doctor's eyes widened, water seeping around his shoes and creeping up his pant leg. Quickly he rushed over to the stopper, flipped his sonic screwdriver away and yanked on the stopper as hard as he could. Now with no light provided by the sonic, the duo were standing in pitch darkness, yanking and pulling frantically at an over sized stopper as water began to fill the room, or wherever they were. The Doctor gritted his teeth, "Come on Romana! Pull!" he exclaimed, starting to worry even more now as water reached his waist, "Blimey this water is cold!" he complained.

The Overseer grinned menacingly, taking enjoyment in the little show he had placed out before him. But time was running out and The Overseer was a very impatient Time Lord; his eyes narrowed as he leaned forward, "Doctor" he spoke. His words roared through the room with a thunderous entrance, nearly causing The Doctor to fall back into the water in surprise. "Doctor. Now is your time to choose" He roared once more, "Help me open that crack..or you and your woman will drown right here, right now. I control this place! I control what happens! Now it's up to you...to obey my wishes and be able to pull the stopper out..or disobey..and drown".
Back to top Go down
Romana II
Administrator
Administrator
Romana II

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 8:40 pm

His voice was thunderous! Romana started, and put her hands over her ears, looking around for the source of the voice. But she could see nothing but the the Doctor, the stopper, and the ever-rising water level.

"Now it's up to you...to obey my wishes and be able to pull the stopper out..or disobey..and drown"

The ultimatum was clear. But they couldn't, they just couldn't! It was them or all the universe, but something told Romana that even if they did die, the Overseer might find a way to open the cracks. There was only one way out of this. But how could she tell the Doctor without the Overseer knowing? He would hear every word.

...or would he? 'His woman' he'd called her. The solution came a little quicker to her than she would ever admit to herself.

In the dark Romana groped for the Doctor, finding first his shoulder, then his face. She pulled it down towards hers and pressed her lips against his. At the same time, her fingers placed themselves at particular points on his head - opening up the telepathic pathways that their people rarely ever used. To the Overseer, it would look like a kiss, but inside her head, Romana was speaking to the Doctor.

Doctor, listen! He may control everything that happens here, but he doesn't control us! He can't, otherwise he would possess you and force you to open the crack! Lets pretend, just pretend, that we'll go along with him. We'll have more luck stopping him if we pretend than we will if we keep trying to escape.

Romana broke the kiss. The water level was now at her chest. "Whatever happens, I trust you," she said aloud.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 9:39 pm

The Doctor stood there, frozen, stunned from the sudden event; his eyes trailing from Romana's eyes then down to her lips as his mind formulated another idea. Then with a shake of the head, The Doctor snapped from the gaze and peered up to the ceiling, the water level now just under his neck, "Fine! I will...obey your commands oh mighty..over..looking..thing" he replied, a slight smirking edging onto his face.

Suddenly the room grew bright, so bright The Doctor was forced to cover his eyes to protect them from the blinding light. Then just as quickly as it came, it left, leaving the duo with their sight once more. "Begin your work on the crack at once..your TARDIS is at your disposal..i will be watching" Roared a voice directly in front of The Doctor, a few feet by his estimates based on how he picked up the voice, both in direction and volume. When he finally removed his hand from his face and opened his eyes, The Doctor was immediately struck by the sight of his TARDIS to the right and in front of him, the infamous crack. To his immediate left stood Romana; The Doctor lightly placed his hand on her shoulder, "All the years we've been together, you don't know that we can tele-communicate by any touch? I'm not complaining though " he chuckled as he approached the crack.

The crack illuminated from the metal wall of the Axis, its edges sharp as a cutting knife and the yet the outside around it, as smooth as water. The Doctor squatted in front of it and flipped on his brainy specs, half of his mind egging him to stick his hand into it, the other half cautiously warning him not too. "The cracks are getting bigger" He finally commented, "The Time Lords are trying to pry it open..it's working but..not without it's consequences".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Needed Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needed Madness    Needed Madness  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Needed Madness
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next