Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_vote_lcapA meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_voting_barA meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_vote_lcapA meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_voting_barA meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nancy "Care" Pepin
Beginner
Beginner
Nancy

A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 4:28 pm

Care had just arrived in Great Brittain. Two avous before, her plane had landed in london's international airport. She had to go trough the long procedure for arrival, and then she waited a moment.

She was here because she had felt it was the right time, no even more then that. She had felt called here, the same way she had felt when she had gone to study far from home. She could recall the feeling happening a few times in her life, and it was always fate changing, always very important.

So she didn't even book an hotel or any residence in advance, she didn't make any plans. She took only her big hicking fame rucksac, filled with all type of clothing, her running shoes were tied to the racksack and she was wearing her winter clothing. She had put on her ranger boots, giving her a bit the look of an explorer. She did admit that she liked the way she looked, it felt like herself. Most of the time, she was dressed professionally and all, but she never trully felt herself. Now she was the real Care, the outdoor girl, the adventurer and adrenaline junckie.

She looked outside the window of the airport. Where was she supose to go ? What should she do ? She closed her eyes and try to call the feeling, try to dive into the strange river she could feel time was like. She never could see or feel clearly, but she could let herself be carried where she had to go.

And so she did. She let the strange feeling carry her away. She walked, with her mind blank, her feet going on their own accord.

Last edited by Nancy "Care" Pepin on Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 1:29 am

Rhydian was falling, and falling fast.

The side of the cliff-face rushing past him in a blur as he tumbled through the hot air, Rhydian scrambled to get a hold of himself. Funny, whenever he watched a dramatic show on TV where the protagonist is falling from something, they’re always facing downward with their hands and feet in the air. Turns out to be easier said than done. And his jacked wasn’t helping, whipping all over the place and getting in his face ‘n all.

Finally, exhaustedly acquiring balance and actually falling face-down, Rhydian took a moment to regain composure. Which was, of course, a very brief moment as the ‘ground’ made of unforgiving molten lava was approaching closer and closer, or rather he was approaching closer and closer to it. Rhydian knew with this that it was never a good idea to challenge a Pyrovillian platoon to a duel on a volcano.

Managing to sweep his hand into the inner pocket on his double-breasted black jacket, Rhydian rummaged for his Multi-Spanner, which he luckily brought out quickly. He didn’t have time to think of a location, although twenty-first-century Earth was better than the fifty-first, on an erupting volcano on some planet on the outskirts of the Tiberiosum System. Pressing the activation button, Rhydian was zapped out of time with a large crack and electrical storm, just meters before plunging to his death.

Rhydian reappeared in a sort of dark-green booth; or at least, that’s what he thought it was until he realised he was standing on top of a toilet. Jumping off, he managed to deduce that he was in a bathroom stall. Reaching for the door, which was unlocked, Rhydian pushed it open and walked only a few feet before delayed nausea swept him off his feet, and made him hit the floor. Better than melting in a pool of lava any day. Rhydian lay there for a few minutes, not bothering nor caring if someone saw him lying on the floor. He only hoped it was a male restroom.

Eventually caring enough to pick himself up, Rhydian was still momentarily dazed, squinting from the harsh LED lights fixed above him. He shook his head in an attempt to set himself straight, which worked for now. He found himself in front of a mirror mounted on the wall, and was appalled at his state. Volcanic ash covered his face and his clothes, and his hair was worse than what he woke up with. Sighing, Rhydian wiped off all the dirt he could with a paper towel he got from a dispenser, straightened his hair with his fingers (which looked good enough; it was usually rowdy on a good day) and stepped out from the tiled restroom and into the realm beyond.

A wave of ‘social’ hit him with full force. Bustling crowds, in lines and in groups and in singulars, doubles, triples, whatever, were here and making walking very very difficult. Rhydian rolled his eyes. He absolutely loathed places like this, whether it be shopping malls or alien tourist attractions, Rhydian would spare no time in getting himself the hell out of there. Looking above the crowd, Rhydian could see monitors above that listed flights.

“An airport… brilliant.” Rhydian mumbled, sarcasm dripping off his words. Great, now he had established his whereabouts (specifically), he set to find out exactly where he was on the planet. He knew it was the twenty-first century, and he knew that it was a first-world country, or at least, he suspected. He had to look no further than the window, though, when he saw an iconic red double-decker bus stroll across a busy intersection, with medieval-looking places scattered around. London.

“Well, better than a volcano filled with lava-monsters…” Rhydian muttered under his breath as he began his perilous journey throughout an relentless, merciless crowd.
Back to top Go down
Nancy "Care" Pepin
Beginner
Beginner
Nancy

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 5:51 pm

Care was following nothing in particular, only walking, her mind in a sort of semi-transe. No one was waiting for her, she didn't have any specific plans other then wanting to see some castle and standing stones. She was here because it felt right to be here at this time.

So she wandered, until someting caught her attention. In the crowd, there was someone that almsot seemed to stand out. It wasn't exactly that he was totally different, or that his air were a bright color, but something about him was calling to her. She always felt drawn to people in need, and as she looked closer, he definaly looked like he could use a hand.

His cloth were dirty, and looked like they had been cleaned in a haste, his face was very pale, and so young. He seemed comfused and lost, looking all around him, and not at the same time. As if he was trying to firgure out were he was. She would ahve given him 16 at best, probably a bit younger.

Even before thinking, her feat started moving toward him. In seconds, she was close to him and the window he was looking through.

"I'm sorry to disturb you, but you seem a bit lost, and I was wandering if you needed any help."

She was blunt, but in the past, she had found out it was often the best way to get answers, and not to have them the day after. If this boy needed help, and he was all alone at his age in an airport, it msot probably wasn't good news. Her accent was apparant, but she had worked on it for years, and so most people told her it wasn't a bother to her speach, but it would give her away as a French Canadien.

"I am not from here, but I am used to airports and traveling, if there is anything I can help you with, it would be my pleasure."

She wanted to make him feel at ease. It was never easy to approche someone of his age, they were often in a conflicting mood, or even rebellious of any help, but she had to try. She talked to him as she would have an adulte, no condescendance whatsoever. He looked old enough for that, and she took care to speak low and with confidance. She also did her best not to attrack attention of other passerby, making herself appear as she was looking through the window and speaking casually.
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 7:41 pm

Rhydian was wandering through the pushing, hasty crowd, his mood already ruined by the state of where he had landed. He would have to face those idiot Pyroviles sooner or later, and their large large weapons and such. But that could wait, as he had bigger fish to fry. By fish, it was these inconsiderate people. And by fry, well, Rhydian only wished.

He was about to resort to ramming his way through to the open doors as he was already feeling himself start to suffocate, he heard a voice that he thought was directed at him. Raising his eyebrow, he made his best attempt at swivelling himself around to face the person who wanted his attention, which he would give to her as best he could.

In front of Rhydian was a woman, and the first thing he noticed about her was that she had red hair. He always noticed the colour of a person’s hair first above all else. Amongst her clothes and such, Rhydian realised she was staring at the state of himself; dirtied and covered in soot. He consciously shook off more of the dust, dark grey volcanic ash being spouted into the air and whispering into the current.

“Sorry about that.” Rhydian apologised, motioning to his clothes and the dust in the air. “I got into a bit of… hot water, yeah.” Rhydian smiled. “And thanks for your offer, but I’m doing fine myself. Bit disorientated, but that was because of the ‘hot water’.” Rhydian explained.

He listened to the woman’s explanation of her background and where she had come from and why, and he nodded, once again passing down the offer of her aid.

“Don’t worry, I’m all good. My name’s Rhydian, by the way. Rhydian Martis. May I ask who you are?”
Back to top Go down
Nancy "Care" Pepin
Beginner
Beginner
Nancy

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 8:29 pm

Being even closer to the boy, she realize that the strange and filthy dust must be ashes, because he reeked of fire and burn. He didn't looked injured, but he definitely didn't look alright either.  Even if he said he was good, the motherly instinct in Care were kicking in fully, and there was no way she would let him go easy as that. NO WAY, she wouldn't be able to live with herself he she just got her way. And besides, it was her calling, her destiny to help random people she just came across. So, no matter what, it seemed she was to help him.

"Hot water, yeah right, more like burning house or something."

It had escaped her lips before she could refrain the word from getting out. It was a thing she both hated and marveled at herself. Sometimes she could say the most wise and intuitive things without even thinking about it, and some other time, she would say the worse without having time to realize the words were escaping her. He had asked her name though, and she was very impolite to deny him.

"Every one calls me Care."

Not that she hated her real name, but this one fitted her so better, and she liked it. It always felt right. Then, in a whisper, as to be heard only by him.

"So, what are you doing here all on your own ? If you are in trouble, just nods, I won't make a scene, but you really look like you could use help, and it's my job to help teenager in tight spots."

Yeah, way to get him open, but she had to know. She was good to analyse non-verbal posturing and all of that, came with her job. And she just couldn't let a kid who was obviously in trouble all on his own, alone, in an airport. What if he was trying to get away from an abusive situation. No, she just couldn't.
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 4:00 am

Rhydian laughed at the kind woman’s analogy and reference to his idiomatic expression, ‘hot water’. Reflecting on it, that expression probably wasn’t the best choice of words for describing the previous situation, but this was a person from the twenty-first century; she wouldn’t believe time travel, aliens and all that ‘nonsense’. Lies were the only option for Rhydian.

“Care, hm? Very nice name. I can see why people call you that.” Rhydian remarked, smiling, obviously referencing to her, a regular person on her way, minding her own business, always looking out for the troubled, or people that stood out. Now that was a trait that Rhydian thought was most important in any creature of any species. “The name’s Rhydian. Rhydian Martis.” Rhydian greeted her casually.

“Me? Out here on my own? Ah, well, you know. I travel. That’s the sort of thing this generation does, isn’t it? The ‘Millennials’? One could assume that a kid like me would want to discover an undiscovered country, full of metropolitan areas and-“ Rhydian waved his hand up, motioning to the windows before said hand hit a young man in his early thirties, in which he immediately apologised, leaving the man in a debatably sour mood. Turning back to Care while sighing, he picked up where he left off, “-Full of people getting in the way of your conversations.” Rhydian grinned sheepishly at him voicing his views on masses of people.

“Hey, Care, I understand that you’re profoundly concerned, but trust me. I know my way around London and… other places. I’m positive in myself that I can make my way around, but I am greatly appreciative of your concern. Not many people do that, volunteering themselves for a one-in-a-million face in the crowd.” Rhydian emphasised his thoughts once again. He, in any other situation, would have accepted Care’s help, but how would he explain his wacky, indescribable world to her?
Back to top Go down
Nancy "Care" Pepin
Beginner
Beginner
Nancy

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 8:44 pm

Care couldn't take his words for it. She couldn't let it be. There was too much that told her to stay, to help him. First, there was him, his confidence, his loneliness, no normal teen was like that. No normal family would let a 14 years old boy travel alone, with no one to pick him up at the end of the road, and he shouldn't be use to travel like that, shouldn't take it so lightly. It was a lie, and she was good to see through them. The boy wanted her help, but something was preventing him from taking her extended helping hand. And she would find what.

And there was also the prickling of her skin, the more she stayed and talk with him, the more she could feel the electricity from him brushing and thickling her soul. It was more then she had ever felt before, more then any human had ever made her feel. Even those who stayed friends with her and had the more power, even those she knew at sight that she would help. He felt different, like he was touch by the same thing she was. He was not radiating the same energy as the univers, or the vortex, or what ever she was touched by... but he definatly was not a normal human. Of that she was sure, even if she was damn if she knew what it really ment. Was he like her ? Was it because he was younger it was still light ? Never before had she met anyone like him... save in her dream, the girl Martha had felt the same. Was there a link ? She couldn't say, that year never had taken place.

But she had to know him, she had to understand who or what he was. If not now, she at least had to make an impression, find a way to keep in touch, to let him know she could be there for him. It wasn't just a mission like all the other time, it wasn't just her calling and heart that made her want to help him. It was the hope to find someone else that might be a bit like herself. It was a mystery to unravel, one unlike any other.

But she also had heard the cue he gave her. Here was too crowded, to many people would be listening in. He didn't quite seem afraid of people, or of being overheard, but he was certainly not looking at ease. On the contrary, he looked really uneasy, both from the lie, and something else.

"Look, you really seem a nice kids, and I love to travel as well. Just arrived myself. Perhaps I could treat you for lunch and something hot to drink, and we could exchange travel experienced. And if along the way, there is anything you think about I can be of help, fine, and if not, we will both have had a nice dinner and learned from one an other. What do you say ?"

She had done that so many times with homeless or beggards. Never give them the money they ask for, too much chances they in the end will use it for something worng, but if you treat them with a meal, then you can learn a lot, have a very nice company, and make something really really good for someone in need.
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 9:51 pm

Rhydian sighed, and looking at all of his options. He could feel Care’s eyes scanning him, piercing him, judging him. He could tell when people examined him like that, as he got used to it in his home town, then on all the planets, spaceports and adventures he got himself stuck to. This woman was very determined, he would give her that. But Rhydian had the faintest lingering sensation that this kind lady may have an idea of what he was doing, and what went on behind the scenes in his mind.

Rhydian contemplated Care’s offer, and a very generous one at that. He had never been offered a gesture of kindness like that, not in all of his fourteen years, (which, give or take, wasn’t that much of a bout of experience, but it was enough to discover that the world, including the universe, wasn’t as innocent as every kid originally thought it to be.

Rhydian was also internally worried that he could be too difficult to Care. He understood that his personality wasn’t the most brilliant, and that was made evident by the people he interacted with and them voicing their frustration in not the most polite manner. He couldn’t help it, however. His attitude and personality towards social situations was like wearing a rainbow blouse to a funeral; blatantly out of place, and he understood but could never work on it.

Finally, after a large mental debate on whether he would continue with Care or not, he decided it would probably be best for him to go along, “You know what, that sounds like a brilliant offer. I am quite famished, and, uh…” Rhydian patted around in his pockets, looking for some form of currency. Sticking his hand into his jacket pocket, he found nothing except his red multi-spanner and a few Third-Human-Empire grade credits, which would be of no use in this time frame.

“… unfortunately, I don’t have any money on me right now, because I was going to get something to eat. I would appreciate it if you could get something for me…” Rhydian didn’t like asking people for this sort of stuff, but seeing as he just barely escaped with his life on a lava-strewn planet, he thought that he would use her offer the best he could. He felt extremely guilty, but human instincts were taking over.
Back to top Go down
Nancy "Care" Pepin
Beginner
Beginner
Nancy

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 12:03 am

When Rhydian accepted her offer and hinted that he was out of money, Care smiled and her eyes twinkled with a hint of humor or amusement, and happiness. She wasn't quite looking mischievous, more like understanding of his situation, but who was taking all in life with a touch of humor.  She was not jugging him, nor was she self-satisfied either. No, she seemed genuinly happy to help someone, even more when it was truly needed.

"Then, let's feed that poor stomac, I know how much I was eating at your age, and you must be starving. Will give us time to talk and enjoy this city. What do you want to eat ? Fast-food, veggie, sandwich, hot, take-out or eating in the restorant. Anything is nice with me, I love to try things and often decide on a whim."

No lies there, she was an adventurer who took life one second at a time when it counted the most, but could plan ahead for months if needed as well. She was one who tried to enjoy life as it came, to be happy with the present when there was something to enjoy in front of her.

She started to make her way toward the exit of the airport, confident that the young man would follow.
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 8:08 pm

Rhydian nodded at Care’s remark, agreeing fully at her answer on how much he ate. He had a very high metabolism, and right now he had burned a lot of energy off from his past encounter with danger. He stepped after Care on suite, and tried his best to follow her through the mounds of tourists with frankly debatable clothing.

He wondered where this was going. Care was… different. She was definitely a stand-out in the crowd. However, she did state that she treated many different people in need like this, but that just emphasised her nature. She was what made a human a human. In all of his previous adventures, whether it be in the past or the future, in the furthest reaches of the Universe or back on his home planet of Earth, Rhydian had always met new, shining people like her. And the trend that he noticed was that the majority of them were mostly human.

Rhydian caught up to Care who was previously leading in their trek, and followed up to her side, “So, what brings you to London?”
Back to top Go down
Nancy "Care" Pepin
Beginner
Beginner
Nancy

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 11:35 pm

Care was glad that the teen seemed to settle in his decisions and he looked somewhat more open suddenly, more friendly in some way. She was relieved in fact, it meant that there was hope he would let her help him, or that he would open enough to someone to receive help. She was not glory seeker enough to want it to be her and no one else. She just hoped for him to receive the help he needed, if not from her, well, as long as he had it, she'd be happy.

He didn't answer her question about what kind of food he wanted, so Care just decided to walk along and wait until they found something that would caught their interest. And besides, he seemed intereted in making the conversation still, and bring it a bit more personal. Since it was one of the thing she wanted him to do, she would not shy away or cut his questions. It would be a bad way to encourage his opening up. She took a few moments to think about her answer. She didn't want to frighten him with her answer, but she knew how much truth was important in those situation. Besides, every time she had seem to meet people out of "fate", it was always because they were ready, to some extent to believe in "magic" or psychic abilities. She just ahd to be carefull not to go to deep into it perhaps, so not to frighten, but more to thickle his curiosity.

"Well, you could say, it felt right. Everything seemed to conspire to make it the right time for me to leave, and I always wanted, for as far as I can remember, wanted to visit Britain, it's castle, it's old places and all. I love history, as much as I love travel, or put myself in front of a challenge or a crisis. So, here I am, meeting you like it's fate."

There, let's hope it was enough, but not too much, and with his reply, she hoped she would be able to juge how far she could go in her belief and in the strangeness of the univers. It didn't seem too much to her, and not exactly something one who didn't already had an open mind AND past psychic experienced would identify as that kind of conversation. She had used that technique a lot in the past, and with a close to 100% efficiency. If he was ready to believe, or already had been "exposed" to strange things, now would probably be the time he would talk about it, or make a comment that would hint around it. It didn't always work, sometimes subtlety didn't work, but this teen seemed like one that was good with it and around it.
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 11:40 pm

“If felt right? Ah, so it’s like in fate, hm? Sort of that ‘destiny’ type business? I don’t believe in that sort of stuff, but I can see where you’re coming from. For example, where I came from, my town was very small, very hot, and very backward. They had no sorts of technology, very limited in their accessibility to even the simple stuff like clean water. We were restricted for a long time until when everything seemed lost, our financial state shot up into the sky. It was brilliant really…” Rhydian seemed to drone, but with emphasis, and with a sort of loss in conscience and in memory.

Eventually, he started again, “We were fine and dandy, after that. A brilliant change of luck. For the best… but for me, at great cost…” Rhydian’s face seemed to go cold, his eyes blunting and glossing over with remorse, and so far that he even stopped walking entirely, letting the other people in their own worlds push past him like nothing ever went on in anyone else’s lives. He stood, and reminisced at the loss of his father, and barely managed to snap out of it before Care would probably suspect.

“But that’s not of any concern. At least not for you. There’s nobody else to carry that burden but me.” Rhydian started walking again, catching up to Charity, diverting his attention from the previous conversation and started looking around the street corners for a restaurant of some kind, maybe a café of sorts.

“Oh, there’s somewhere we could eat.” Rhydian pointed out, pointing with his finger to a corner shop joint with a generic sign on the top, and started towards there, fairly confident that Care would follow him.
Back to top Go down
Nancy "Care" Pepin
Beginner
Beginner
Nancy

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 3:53 pm

Well, it seems her new young friend didn't believe in fate. It was almost comical, as he was enshrouded in it. Not brightly, but he felt to her like he had been playing with that kind of energy for long. He just probably didn't know he was doing it. A lot of people his ages didn't knew they were psychic or using it at all. It was only instinct, but since he didn't believe in it, now was not the proper time to try to make him believe. She would be content to just help him a bit and be there for him. Trust took time to build.

She just listened to him, this was what he needed it seemed. Active listening was one of her strong suits, and she used it. Listening to him in silence, only nodding and acknowledging was he was saying from time to time. He looked passionate about what he was saying, but there was also a deep sorrow and longing in his words, his eyes, and his body. She could see and feel it, it was pouring from him, radiating literally. Poor kid, he really hadn't had it easy.

She let him spoke to his rhythm, not pushing him in any way, content to listen and be there for him. It was a second nature to her, always had been. Her classes, schooling, and experience had just refined it and made it more conscious, but it was easy for her, even some kind of pride, to be there for others when they needed it.

Care smiled gently and with compassion when he stated it was hard for him, but he was the only one to carry the burden. She knew exactly how it felt, but she had chosen her fate, he looked like he didn't.

And, before she could had anything to acknowledge his hardship, and show her compassion, he changed the subject and pointed a restaurant. It was typical in those situations, she was also a master of changing subject when it hurt too much and she wanted to spare the others. She didn't comment on it, though, they would have a lot of time to continue the conversation while they ate.

"Alright, let's try this one then, lead the way, young master."

She had a bit of teasing in her voice and eyes, humor had always been an easy way for her to reach to others, to build a bridge between people.
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2016 6:18 am

Young master?” Rhydian repeated in disbelief, and chuckled a little while rolling his eyes, “I don’t deserve that title, at all.” Rhydian said in full certainty, however, the mentioning of it made him remember back to a time where he accidentally cemented himself into an alien culture just starting out, thinking him to be their ‘god’. He didn’t mean to do that. He really didn’t.

Come to think of it, Rhydian had never wanted to be in control most of the time in regular situations. He’d just usually go along with one’s instructions, and felt comfortable under a higher authority. Rhydian had never dwelled on this until now, and as he thought of it more and more, he realised that being a leader just wasn’t his thing, unless the situation practically begged for it (for example, this one time when a whole star system was at stake, and a particular species needed a helping hand; he was this helping hand).

Rhydian quickly shrugged that nagging thought out of the front of his mind, forcefully shoving it down to a dark little corner where he told it he would deal with it later, and concentrated at the matter at hand, which was an open door he had reached which held the entrance to the restaurant he and Care were headed. The flood of voices and smells of particular foods like sandwiches, various cooked meat and poultry filled his respective senses, and was consumed in the social environment. Rhydian mentally gagged.

Shrugging and stepping inside, Rhydian mentioned to Care behind him.

“Comin’ in?” He asked as politely as he could.
Back to top Go down
Nancy "Care" Pepin
Beginner
Beginner
Nancy

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 3:04 pm

Care realized quickly that her choice of teasing had made the teen uncomfortable and she decided not to press the matter. He looked like one that would speak and open to others in his own time. She could be a patient seeker, it was required in her line of work, and she didn't lack any of it when needed. It was amusing to her in fact, that at times she could be as impatient as a kid, and even worse sometimes, but at others, when the means justified it when the reward was better, she could be so patient, and like it. Mostly when it was to help others.

She smiled kindly at him when he stepped inside and inquired about her.

"Of course."

It was her idea after all, and she would not be backing out. She looked in the restaurant with curiosity and experiences. She loved to immerse in new cultures, to try different things, to try to see the differences in every place she got. She had seen so many by now, and it still amazed her. She loved that part of her calling, the travel, the places. It was her first time in Europe, and she was eager to learn and see the differences with the other places she had been. First European and Brittish restaurant, how exciting.

She made an effort not to let it be shown to much, out of respect for the young man accompanying her. She didn't want to look even more crazy to him than she already was.

"Alright, so let's see how it works around here. Do you know if we have to wait to be seated, or do we have to go to the counter, or find ourselves someplace ?"

She looked all around her to try to determine what was the protocol here.
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 5:40 am

Rhydian raised a single eyebrow up when Care asked him on the matter of whether they should wait to be seated or just take one. He started to inquire, but those thoughts were soon shut down by a lady coming from one of the front counters, and asking whether they would be seated today. That cleared things up. Rhydian replied with a simple ‘Yes’ and the waitress pointed over to a small booth in the corner.

Rhydian immediately thanked the woman who thanked him and Care for choosing their restaurant, and made his way down to the aforementioned booth. He was going fine, walking like he was just seconds before, and was about halfway there until-

Rhydian stopped. Stopped dead in his tracks. And the reason was that his chest; more specifically, his lungs, practically wailed in a sudden burst of pain, and it took all of his energy not to double over and draw attention to himself.

And then the coughing started.

Bouts, waves of heavy wheezing and shrill coughing coming deep from his chest, Rhydian bent over and covered his mouth with his inner arm. Once he had started, he couldn’t stop for about thirty seconds. No point in trying to be inconspicuous, as pretty much everyone in the restaurant was looking directly at him.
After the fit of coughs stopped, Rhydian slowly rose and took his arm off of his face. When he removed it, his sleeve, albeit black, was covered with visible grey soot. He quickly deduced that this was volcanic ash that had made its way into his systems before when he was combatting the Pyroviles, a problem that he never would have anticipated. The ash probably just made it out of his lungs now, but he couldn’t just stand there while potential poisonous dust was left to solder his lungs.

“Oh, no… I’m gonna have to get that fixed…” Rhydian could easily go to sometime in the future and get medical attention; that was his best bet. He could pop out and get back without a minute lost. But he’d need a chance.

At this point Rhydian noticed everybody staring at him, and his cheeks felt increasingly hot.

“No problem here, I’m alright. Just-… just go back to whatever you were eating, you know… your soup…” Yeah. Rhydian wasn’t good with crowds. But it did the trick, and gradually peoples’ faces stopped facing him and instead faced their food.

Rhydian then turned to Care, who he suspected was very concerned. “I’m fine. Really.” He said in his most convincing voice, in which, given the circumstances, was not very convincing.
Back to top Go down
Nancy "Care" Pepin
Beginner
Beginner
Nancy

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 10:42 pm

Well, it seems the waiter answer Care's questioning on their own, it was a good thing. But as they walked, the young man started to cough, and not a mild one. She didn't even question herself, but on instinct, she moved to steady him and protect him from falling. She knew that kind of coughing, it was bad, very bad. It meant something was in his lung, he coughed like one of the people she got out of water after drowning, like he had water, or something else. Something gray it seemed if the expectorations on his sleeves were any indication.  But here was perhaps not the time to ask, or at least not with everyone looking at him.

"Don't mind him people, he'll be fine, it's not something catching, he's not sick. He just needs is allergy pills."

Everyone seemed to be relieved at that and return to their meals, good thing. She did hope he wasn't sick though, she didn't want any contamination on others, but he didn't seemed to be that much concern, so she decided to trust him a bit. She was one to believe in the you must extend trust first to receive it back.

But then, he said he was fine, and she just gave him the look that said with sarcasm, yeah right, like i'd believe you.

But for now she didn't comment. She let the waitress seat them and give them the menu, the lady still eyed the teen like she's wondering whether or not she'd throw them out, but in the end, she left. For that, Care was grateful to her. Lowering her voice only so Rhydian could hear her, she told him bluntly.

"Look, you probably can take care of yourself nicely, but I'm not a fool. You can say whatever you like to the others that only are concern about themselves, but I know that kind of coughing. I've been a lifeguard when I was a teen, and I did the job for 10 years. You have something in those lungs of yours, and unless you have a way to cure yourself, which I doubt very much, you'll need medical attention. You can keep your secret if you like, you don't even have to tell me what it is, or how. But don't lie to me, it's an insult to both our intelligence. It looked like ash, and you are covered in the stuff, you have minor burns on your face and hands, and you clothing is burned as well. It doesn't bode well for your heath, and I'd rather like you... so I hope you will take care of that before it becomes really serious. If you need me, I'll help, you only just have to ask, and we'll try to figure a way."

She looked completely serious, talking to him as an adult and an equal. She was not infantilizing him, but she wouldn't take The Shime of the Lonlay Poot from him either. She wasn't born yesterday either.
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 3:33 am

Rhydian sat down reluctantly. Great, now Care knew that Rhydian was hiding something, or up to something. He listened as she lectured him across the table, saying things he all heard before, as in ‘I wasn’t born yesterday’ sorta stuff. He had been in this situation countless times, whether it be at the edges of the universe or back in his home town.

He now understood that Care was onto him, that he was sick (nothing he couldn’t fix without the right equipment) but he would need an excuse to get out of his seat. And quick. As much as he liked how Care cared about him, the longer he stayed in this seat, the longer the deadly ash in his lungs would increase his mortality rate.

“Alright, but can I just quickly pop off to the loo?” Rhydian speedily said, and before Care could respond Rhydian pushed himself off his seat and rushed to the nearest lavatory. It seemed that the bathrooms (specifically the stalls) were the safest place to use his Vortex Manipulator.

Pulling the door open, dashing into a stall and closing the door behind him, Rhydian immediately pulled his Multi-Spanner out of his pocket and set the time-space coordinates while holding in a cough. He locked onto a place in the 51st century, and once the all-clear was given, he activated it and, after a split second of dazzling lightning and a fairly loud crack, the bathroom stall was left empty apart from the electrifying aura that remotely resembled Rhydian’s stature.

A few seconds later, another crack and lightning storm signalled Rhydian’s return, in the same form as he left, except his jacket was immaculate along with the rest of his clothing, and his hair, and his lung problem was completely solved, since in the 51st century spinal breaks were like treating a simple graze. He took back his original critique on the state of asthma inhalers in that time.

Returning from the toilet rather quickly, Rhydian came back looking refreshed and relaxed, sitting back down in front of Care. All he did was spend a few dozens of minutes in the future, pop down to the pharmacy and buy some pills which would cleanse the lungs of any foreign objects for an incredibly cheap price (it wasn’t like he had no currency stored away). And of course a stop at the dry-cleaners.

“I’m back.” Rhydian said flatly, resting his arms on the sides of the booth. In retrospect, perhaps he shouldn’t have made his trip so obvious.
Back to top Go down
Nancy "Care" Pepin
Beginner
Beginner
Nancy

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 3:14 pm

Care realize her scolding might not have been the most appropriate behavior. She barely knew the kid. But again, she truly disliked dishonesty. She could live with people who would rather keep their secrets, their taught or anything to themselves, as long as they were honest about it. She would not pry, unless she thought it could be a life or death situation. They were strangers, he didn't have to tell her anything, but she would not accept lies.

He asked to go to the bathroom, and she allowed it. Not like she could prevent it, and the kid seemed like he needed a moment alone. He might even not come back for all she knew, but that was fine. To earn trust you must first extend it. He was not her prisoners, not her charge or ward. He had no obligation toward her. But she hoped he would come back, he looked like someone nice to know, like he could have some many interesting things to talk about.

When he came back, she sh knew right away something had changed. His clothes were completely clean, and not just a brush. Like they had been washed thoroughly. And he didn't look pâle or burned anymore. That was an improvement, but it left her quite puzzled. No one could do that in seconds, and certainly not in a small restaurant's washroom. But true to herself and what she told him, she didn't ask. Of course, she would not hide her feelings. She was someone transparent more or less, and she would use her poker face or counselor expression when she needed to.

"Well, you do seem better. Take place, I've looked a bit into the menu, but you have time, I don't choose quickly when I am somewhere new. I like to think about my options and try things."

He could, of course, talk about it, but she had the intuition this one would keep to himself. So better not ask and give him any chances to lie to her again. Because once someone started to lie, it becomes a lot more harder to turn back to honesty. She would rather not encourage it.

"they have quite a variety of things,"

She let the silence fall for the moment. Taking her time to choose her meal, to give him time, and perhaps let him start the conversation instead of her. Silence was a tool for the wise, and she had learn to use it in her career as well as her day to day life.
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 6:39 pm

Rhydian, when sitting down, swiped up a menu and began to read. He was much more refreshed in his clean, crisp jacket and immaculate drain-pipe trousers, scanning all the choices on the little booklet. He was about to choose one of the most expensive items until he remembered his manners (that weren't used frequently enough) and chose just enough to fill his stomach. After all, he did find these little pills in the 51st Century that turned into food once it entered your stomach, and-

Getting sidetracked. Mustn't do that, Rhydian thought, as the waiter came around took his order, and expected Care to do the same. But food wasn't on his mind right now. He was also thinking that Care was onto him, of course, and he wasn’t about to tell her, something like ‘Actually, I’m a time traveller and I explore the Universe because my Dad died in combat’, or anything that goes along those lines. Unfortunately people from this time and place would think he was full of crap.

He realised if this kept going on, he'd have to tell Care about his life eventually. How could he be so stupid into accepting Care's offer in the first place? He knew that Pyrovillian soot was dangerous if inhaled and could turn you to stone but no, he had to go running off onto their home ground and challenge them to a bloody squabbling match. Calm down, thought Rhydian. He mentally facepalmed and realised he had only accepted Care's offer due to that she was so skilled with children his age.

Oh well, he thought, as he set his menu aside and waited for the food to arrive (which he estimated would take around ten to fifteen minutes). That’s either ten to fifteen minutes of awkward silence or he could start a conversation to distract Care from noticing his change in apparel quality.

“So…” He started, realising he wasn’t quite sure of what to say. He thought for a moment, “How’s it like back at your home?”

Back to top Go down
Nancy "Care" Pepin
Beginner
Beginner
Nancy

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 9:38 pm

Care let the teenager take his time, she didn't mind silence, it was sometimes a tool, and some other time, just time to think. There was nothing wrong with patience and silence like so many other hyperactive, or just modern poeple, thought. There was no need to fill it with idle talk, or feel uncomfortable in it.

He took what seemed like a small portion for a young man his age, but she didn't argue or coment on it. He probably felt a bit bad about accepting her help and money, and at least he would have had some food still. She hadn't won his trust yet, and it was all normal. They were two strangers, and she was a woman at that. So, when he tried to turn the conversation on her, she didn't dodge the question, or remark on the obvious deflection. She open up a bit of her experience and herself to him. Better give a bit of yourself if you want to have anything back in return.

And if he decided not to open up in the end, well at least she would be satisfied that she made him eat a bit and provided him with some company. There was not much else she could do, but what she could, she would.

"Well, I wasn't home for very long last time I was there, so it's a bit hard to tell." She chuckled a bit, she was always restless, always traveling , always challenging herself and looking for new people to help. She was almost like a junkie in that. "But my parents were doing fine, Canada was well, and I even got some news of a former foster brother. So, all seemed well at home right now. In fact, I could even say that all was as boring as usual." She had the last bit with amusement and foundeness. She loved her family, it wasn't that she didn't, on the conctrary, but her calling was just too strong.

She smiled to him, and leaned toward him, her eyes glinting with a hint of tease, and she made like she was wispering him some confidence. It wasn't any secret really, but humour was always, or almost always, her ways to reach to other people.

"I confess that I am addicted to travel and dangerous places. Not that I consider United Kingdom to be, I'm here on some sort of vacation-exploration thing. So, I could almost say that I consider my home to be were ever I am, or live for more then a day or two... or perhaps the whole world is my home."
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 7:05 am

"Ooh. Canada. I took a trip there for a lengthy amount of time once. Fun, apart from all the Inuits. And spears being chucked at me. And the cold." Rhydian said as he took a bite of his platter. He was about to open his mouth to speak but remembered his manners, something that you would usually disregard in place of other things like how to get out of a locked futuristic cell or how to lose Pyroviles trailing on your tail. He swallowed and started talking again, like he usually did when he felt refreshed.

"I think I completely understand how you feel. Like the whole world is your home. You can feel so alone, so absolutely consumed by the wickedness of it all, how everything's controlled by corporations and the government and stuff and how you truly never have real freedom. But you've heard all that before. Everyone has, and yet conformists still make up ninety-nine percent of the population." Rhydian took a break from speaking. He was just voicing, no, proving that his loss of innocence was a prominent part of his life, especially at this stage.

"But I'll tell you something." Rhydian started again, leaning across the table to meet Care's electric blue eyes, "The world's bigger than that. Infinitely bigger. You've heard this before too, I know you have. You're just an insignificant speck in the grand scheme of things, how you're literally a grain of sand in comparison to the majesty, the incomprehensible greatness of the universe. That's what they all say, no matter whether you're a person of science or religion, for some reason we all think that human lives are insignificant and have no true purpose. It's like we have that idea planted in our heads. But it's wrong, oh, so wrong. The universe is so much more. You are so much more. We are so much more.

"Sure, maybe the universe doesn't have time for us, and maybe it doesn't care. All life on Earth could be blown away by a small rock floating in space that just so happened to fly in our direction, or worser yet we could destroy ourselves with all the weaponry we supply ourselves in the 'beneficial' ideology we pride ourselves in. We worry about that too, but it's all paranoia. All of it. Earth doesn't get blown up, and even if it did we would still find away. Humans have a completely ingenious, mad trait that nearly no other species in the universe has...

"Absolute stupidity."

Rhydian leant back on his seat, taking another bite of his food and finishing most of it, looks up at Care again.

"...Oooh, boy. Did I go on a rant just then? Whoops."
Back to top Go down
Nancy "Care" Pepin
Beginner
Beginner
Nancy

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 5:23 pm

Care couldn't refrain her laughter when he spoke of the cold. She had been in a lot of places in Canada, and even if it was indeed cold in winter, it wasn't the worst place in the world, but it seemed that everyone she talked to about her country imagined them in the cold and snow all year long wearing an arrow sash. To her, it was highly amusing, but she manages to repress it a bit, she didn't want to insult him.

But then the conversation turned serious, and to a subject, she had given a lot of thought as well. The place on one into the universe, and even the place of humanity. If he only knew all that she had lived and felt over the years. But it seemed like he also did have his share of experiences. It was both enlightening and sad to see one so young get to the same conclusion she had... around the same age, he was now.

He smiles turned somewhat sad and found.

"I came to the same conclusion you have around your age as well. Every life matter, every act can inspire or create something bigger than we can think. Each action count on many levels, a lot we cannot see or comprehend. Life is about making choices, even when the path isn't clear ahead. You have much wisdom for one so young."

She didn't have, you must have lived through a lot, though it hung in the air. She couldn't judge him, it wasn't her place, and besides, she had been almost the same he was, just luckier in the fact that she knew by then, what her destiny was. She had been awakened already.

"Sometimes the only thing it takes is a very small stone to change the path of a huge river."

She had seen that happen so many times, either with her own actions, or those of others. She could feel, like an intuition, when those moments would converge and be possible. She could feel when someone would need her, or could be placed in the right place and right moment. She had found so many over the years now. And still, life seemed beautiful and rich, and surprise yet. It was the best part of living, keeping a young heart and letting herself be surprised over and over again.
Back to top Go down
Rhydian Martis
Beginner
Beginner
Rhydian Martis

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2017 6:55 am

Rhydian didn't quite know how to respond to that line. He was the type to rant on and on about a philosophical conundrum for, in some cases, hours on end without ceasing, which in his opinion was a blessing and a curse (you couldn't really pull a speech-like distraction on the likes of a Pyrovillian soldier). However, never in his years, however short, had he heard such a... truthful phrase.

"However, a huge river is notorious for its unswaying nature, and only the small rocks with enough luck will manage to pull off a feat so advanced."

Rhydian felt like his response was quite pessimistic. Maybe that was because Rhydian's key feature was pessimism, and unfortunately this trait rose exponentially in dangerous decisions. Optimism was never his forte, yet he always tried to keep an expressive personality on standby to lift his friends' morale. He really wished he'd stop doing that.

"I'm really sorry to keep you waiting and have you listening to me talk on, and on, and on. I do have to be going anyway. Thanks for the meal, I really appreciate it." Rhydian slowly etched up from the booth in which he was sitting, and stepped out. However he hadn't walked away yet.

"You are a one in a million, Care. Make that a one in a septillion, actually. Your kind nature and amiable composure really makes you something different. I've seen a lot of things. Things you wouldn't be able to imagine. Things you probably wouldn't even understand, and that's no offence, of course, because I don't understand it either."

Rhydian sighed, leaning a hand on the table separating the two.

"All I'm saying is, keep doing what you do. Never give up. Because in the split-second you decide to stop treating each other with kindness..."

Rhydian's eyes looked forlorn and sad as he spoke his next line:

"Your universe falls apart."

And with that, Rhydian walked out of the restaurant without a second word. If one were to walk out with him, they would see him tossing a spanner-looking device up and down in his palm nonchalantly, his face blank and expressionless yet eyes lost deep in an infinite void of thought and remembrance.

T'is the life of a traveller.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)   A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A meeting under the sign of fate or destiny (OPEN)
Page 1 of 1