Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_vote_lcapEyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_voting_barEyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_vote_lcapEyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_voting_barEyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Eyes Of The Forest

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 8:58 pm

The Doctor tried to focus on everything that was going on; his mind running over the different scenarios both of the incidents could play out. The crashed ship, the gentle alien who piloted it, the missing children, the red eyes. "Red eyes...children" The Doctor mumbled, squinting before his eyes floated over to the form of the Alpha Centauran, "I need you to check your ship out for that shimmer..and put it on if you have it. If you don't that's alright..i think I've got one in my TARDIS. Although..it might make you look like John Lennon...or Jennis Joplin...meant to get that fixed actually. And the year is 2013 by the way..good year...well...for the most part, stay away from August, that was rubbish".

Finding himself rambling off, The Doctor snapped out of his gaze and looked over to the Flesh Doctor and the Time Agent as they walked off into the sunset together like a cliche love movie ending. Rushing over to them, The Doctor intervened just as the Flesh Doctor posed his question about the events taking place. Wrapping his arms around the shoulder of the Flesh Doctor and the free shoulder of the Time Agent, The Doctor leaned forward. "Alright! Break down!" He exclaimed, "Children around the city have been disappearing into the local forest. Reports of floating, red eyes own the tree line at night. Parents were worried so they called us..well...some of us. I just sort of..got the call on my psychic paper. Decided to pop in".

Patting their shoulders, The Doctor stood straight up and off of the lean as he looked over to the house where Emma controlled the parents at bay. "So! Plan Doctor" The Doctor said, shifting his attention to the Flesh Doctor, "I'm sure we have a pretty good one up our sleeves. I've got our friend looking for a shimmer, get her covered up so the humans won't freak out then we can solve this red eye thing then come back to the ship. Unless our friend thought of something better".
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Indeela Danlarteen
Newb
Newb
Indeela Danlarteen

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 6:26 am

"2013? Oh dear, oh dear..."

Indeela had planned on questioning The Doctor on his mumbling. Red eyes and children sounded distinctly like the start of a case, and their detective's instincts were kicking in. But as they listened to him stress the more immediate and important matter of the shimmer, such thoughts were temporarily put to the side.

"I suppose these are more..."

Think of a word other than barbaric Indeela. That would be rude.

"... simple times. And the humans might react violently upon seeing me, mistaking me for a local deity or monstrous incarnation! Yes, well best to avoid that. I'll be right back!"

With a hurried bow, Indeela turned and scuttled towards the crash site. Climbing in through the open door, Indeela made their way to the back of the ship and through the cargo holds. Indeela immediately got to work, shifting through the untidy monoliths of junk that were stacked and scattered around. The monuments to the previous owner's unorganised state were mostly comprised of broken spare parts for the ship itself, but Indeela was nothing if not patient. It was going to take some time to trawl through all this junk, but it would be worth it... Assuming they didn't catch some rare disease from the dirt and rusted parts.

Shimmer, shimmer, shimmer... In retrospect, Indeela thought, earlier would have been a good time to mention to this other Doctor that they had never worn a shimmer, nor did they really know what the device looked like.

"Oh Indeela Danlarteen, you are not at the top of your game. Snap out of it. The crash is done."

Indeela took a few moments to take several deep breaths, letting the oxygen flow through their porous body and help reenergise their systems. Their single eye snapped back open with a newly determined glint and Indeela leapt at the nearest pile. As they sorted through it at breakneck speed, Indeela's six arms became a blur of untraceable motion. Junk and unimportant parts went flying past them and Indeela let out a squeak of excitement upon finally finding something that matched what they wanted. Placing the device squarely onto one of their wrists, Indeela fiddled with the controls for a moment. Blasted things... Why did so many races have to develop such tiny buttons...

"Aha!"

With an exclamation of excitement, Indeela watched as their form shifted, outwardly displaying a middle-aged man with black hair and a big bushy beard. They noted, with some satisfaction, that the cloak and hat he was wearing were quite nice shades of orange.

"Well. That should do it!"

Indeela's high pitched, trilling voice didn't particularly match this new body, but they were too thrilled at having found a working shimmer to notice. Proudly humming to themselves, they rushed out of the ship and back towards The Doctors and the Time Agent who appeared to be in the middle of a conversation.

"How do I look?"

Indeela gave an awkward little bow and span around to show off the shimmer.

"Indeela Danlarteen, private detective at your service gentlemen! Now..."

The shimmer gave the illusion of eyes narrowed down to a point as Indeela moved excitedly towards the spiky haired Doctor.

"You mentioned something about children... and red eyes."
Back to top Go down
Rassilon/Eric Tempore
Student
Student
Rassilon/Eric Tempore

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 9:35 am

Eric was becoming slightly overwhelmed at this point by the sheer volume of events occurring in this one place and time, 'First things first, address the proverbial elephant in the room' He thought to himself as The Doctor explained to the Alpha-Centauran the year and started to babble on about his intense dislike for the month of August. He asked the Alpha-Centauran if it had a "shimmer" and it quickly disappeared back into it's ship. "Time-Lords...ok....two members of a legendary species in scotland in the year 2013, this day just gets weirder and weirder." As he finished speaking the Alpha-Centauran came out wearing bright orange robes and sporting a human form and matching moustache and hat. The Alpha-Centauran, now having revealed it's name to be Indeela, repeated The Doctor's earlier mention of these mysterious red-eyes.

At that moment an idea popped into Eric's head and he immediately voiced it. "Ok so, now that everyone knows everyone else....and if everyone is quite done fiddling about with other people's stuff." At this Eric glanced over at The Flesh Doctor and smirked. "Shall we get down to business, these red-eyes in the forest....what kind of beings have red-eyes...Native Martians? Though I'm not too sure what business they'd have kidnapping children. Of course there hundreds of species throughout not only this galaxy but most of the universe who have red eyes, but the circumstances here....so specific that i can't think of any particular species or individual who would be responsible for this. Any ideas uh... Doctor....you know what i'll just call the bow-tie one Doctor B and the one that wears Converse Doctor C. Alright, any ideas Doctor C?" He asked lightly, looking over to The Doctor in question.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

Location : In the Tardis! | Brooke: In the Tardis Library, of course.

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 11:27 am

Emma returned to the other room where the parents were waiting, thoughtful as she considered what questions to ask them. She offered a reassuring smile to them again as she came in and took a seat on the couch.
"So, I just have a couple of questions." She told the mother. "First, what time did the kids go to bed?" She asked. The woman thought for a moment.
"We normally have them go to bed around 9...but we let them stay up to 9:30." She answered. Emma nodded a little and made a mental note of that, since she didn't have a notepad handy.
"And what time did you and your husband go to bed?" She asked, keeping her tone gentle.
"Around 10:30, we checked on them before we went to sleep.. they were still in their room." Emma made a mental note of that as well.

She then hesitated about her next question. Still, she thought it might be useful to know, so she just hoped Amanda wouldn't be offended by it.
"Alright. Now, please don't take this question the wrong way, but have you ever known of either Timothy or Samantha to try to sneak out at night before, for any reason at all?" She inquired. The woman shook her head adamantly. "No. They're good kids...they wouldn't do that!" She said as she became more upset. Emma felt sympathy for her, knowing this was really hard for the woman.
"It's alright Amanda. I know they're good kids." She smiled at her. "I have five brothers and sisters, all younger than me. They're good kids, but sometimes they might do stupid things that they know better than to do. Like, once my little brother talked his sister into sneaking out at night with him.. just like your kids have done. They went to the park, thinking they'd have a good time. But once they got there, they realized it wasn't as much fun as they expected, but scary because everything was dark and no one was there at night." She hoped her telling of this might help calm her and let her know that her kids weren't the only ones to make a mistake like this.

Talking about her siblings made Emma ache a little inside, wishing she knew where they were, and if they were alright. She hadn't heard from them in two years, and it was so hard, not knowing. She understood exactly what Amanda was going through. Emma had done most of the upbringing for her siblings, and she felt like she was more entitled to be called their mom than their actual mom. The only real difference between Timothy and Samantha's case and her sibling's case was that Emma knew who had her siblings, but really she couldn't tell if that made it worse or better. Because Emma knew what kind of mother Lia was, and she also knew what kind of person Ian was, and she wanted more than anything to go and take those kids away from there, for their own safety. She didn't trust Ian and further than she could throw a feather. Plus he'd tried to kill her at least three times.

Emma pushed those memories away and focused again on Amanda as she replied to her question.
"Yes...sorry, I didn't mean to get mad at you for you doing your job, miss." The woman said, trying to relax her body. Emma nodded understandingly.
"It's fine. I understand how you must feel." She said gently. "I only asked because I found evidence that the kids had climbed out of Samantha's window, and I wondered if they might have ever done it before. I don't mean to say that they have, but I only wondered. It would be easy for them to sneak out without you ever knowing, that window is low to the ground and looks rather easy to get in and out of." She explained gently.
"Yes, that is possible, we had meant to put something on the windows to stop them from doing just that.. just in case. But we kept forgetting, and it didn't seem like it was really necessary.." she said, tears forming in her eyes again. Emma hesitated, then answered,
"It isn't very likely that they have done it before. You probably would have noticed something. Maybe scuffs on the windowsill, or the kids acting tired for no reason the next day." She hesitated, then added, "It's easy to think you wouldn't need to bother with it, if you have no reason to think they would do this."
"Yes..there may have been a few times, but we never guessed...and now they are gone..." she said starting to cry again.

Emma moved a little closer, feeling very sympathetic toward Amanda. She lightly put a hand on her shoulder, trying to comfort her.
"This isn't your fault Amanda. You did what any good parent would do. You told your children to stay away from the forest. You warned them of the danger. You had no way of knowing that they would do this. Even the best kids still do stuff they shouldn't.. they're only kids. They don't have the best judgement at times." She paused for a moment. "I know you're worried, but I promise I'll do everything I can to get your kids back to you safely." She promised her with all sincerety.
The woman nodded slightly. "Thank You..." She wiped more tears away with her tissue, which looked a bit soaked already. Emma quietly handed her a fresh one. Somewhere deep down, Emma felt a strong ache that threatened to rise up and choke all other feelings out. She quickly realized it was jealousy, and she mentally pushed it away again, forcing the feeling down again. She told herself that there was no reason to feel jealous of how worried this mother was for her kids, just because her own mother abandoned her when she needed her most.. every single time. No, she wouldn't allow herself to let jealousy take ahold of her. She took a deep breath and focused on what she was doing, not what she was feeling.
"You're welcome." She answered Amanda softly.

She would do whatever possible to find these kids and get them home. She knew she would do just as much to get them returned home safely as she would do if it were her own siblings. In fact, she had no idea if her brothers and sisters might even be living in Scotland. What if they had wandered into the forest too? She bit her lip lightly as she felt an almost sickening wave of worry flood through her at the thought of that. She stood up and took a slow, deep breath, glancing toward the door. Where had the Doctor gone off to, anyway? She hoped he'd return soon, because she didn't want to just take off following a trail without him, but she also didn't want to wait around here all evening when she felt she could be more useful elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorcking.com
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 7:00 pm

The Doctor arched his eyebrow as the Time Agent designated him a nickname and posed a question at the same time the Alpha Centaruan, now disguised as a man, asked a question. Both regarding the eyes and the central idea and plan around what they were. The Doctor lowered his head, "Well..they're not ghosts" he started, sniffing as he raised his head back up, "I mean they might be but there has to be something physically there to take the children...somethings telling me they're not dead..not yet anyways". Looking over to the house, where Emma still occupied the parents inside, then peering over to the forests, The Doctor thought long and hard about what they could be. "Not Vashta Narada...you wouldn't see the eyes..." He mumbled, rubbing the back of his head, "To be honest the thing about the eyes is bothering me the most..i..i need to see them. If i can just see a pair..maybe scan it with my screwdriver and run it through my TARDIS databank then maybe we can get a species match from that".

Suddenly an idea sparked inside of his mind. Turning to the forming group, The Doctor grinned, "Anyone up for something completely mad?" he asked. Not waiting for their replies, The Doctor continued, "Alright..now! If these things are attracted to this house or...that feeling of children wondering through the forest alone at night..then maybe that's what we need to do. I mean not necessarily bunt two people out into the forest and see how it goes, but have three groups..or two..go into the forest at the same time. Have one person in my TARDIS monitoring each one..i can set it up to where as soon as something happens to the signals, the TARDIS can lock on and materialize right where they are taken...it's mad but..it might be the only way we get to find those children".

Looking at each one of their expressions of a second, The Doctor turned and ran back to the house, his eyes locked on the front door until he opened it and turned into the living room. "Hello! Sorry about that. Just had to take a call..you know..government agencies and all that" He ecstatically told the two homeowners in the living room before looking over to Emma, "Mind if i talk to my..partner for a moment? Just have to clear up some case files before we get started in the investigation". Without waiting for their response, The Doctor leaned out and took Emma's hand, turning swiftly into the kitchen and pulling her in with him. As soon as he knew the husband and wife could not hear them, The Doctor focused on his attention on Emma, "So..what do you say about taking on another adventure with me..this time i promise i won't run off...well..you might have to remind me but..i'll try not to".
Back to top Go down
Ashara
Student
Student
Ashara

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 8:30 pm

The Flesh Doctor perked up at hearing that the Doctor's plan had involved someone going into the Tardis. Wonderful, I can go in Tardis and be protected from anything that could possibly hurt me here he thought. The Flesh Doctor was also pretty sure that only him and the other Doctor were the only two that could run the Tardis.

"Doctor, I will take the assignment in the Tardis, you seem to have a good handle on whats going on here and I just got here," The Flesh Doctor said with a smile "Just point me toward and let me know when you are ready."
Back to top Go down
Indeela Danlarteen
Newb
Newb
Indeela Danlarteen

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 4:48 am

Indeela listened attentively to The Doctor's plan and generally found it to be sound and reasonable. There were however a few points they felt needed questioning... However such questioning would clearly have to wait as The Doctor turned and dashed back into the human house. Indeela tutted quietly to themselves.

"How rude."

Turning to look at the remaining Doctor and Time Agent on either side of them, Indeela began to take in as many details as they could. Clothes, body language, posture, past statements... This was what they did and, much as they were loath to think this way, the key to any case was to never rule out anything until it became impossible. As of such, right now, everyone was a potential suspect. Of course that wouldn't change their outward cheery and polite nature. If others mistook them for being soft in the head, well... That suited Indeela just fine.

"While I understand your confusion between these Doctors Mr Time Agent sir, I think I shall simply refer to them as Doctor. It is, after all, their chosen name and I would hate to stand in the way of any sentient being's right to personal expression."

Indeela felt an odd sensation around the shimmer image's mouth. So that was what it felt like to frown instead of change colour hue. How peculiar.

"Though I must admit, I would have liked to point out that a plan involving bait for a kidnapper where the bait clearly involves no children might be problematic... Still, it never hurts to try does it!"

As if to finish the sentence, Indeela's left arm gave a twitch and jolted out slightly before settling back. Looking decidedly uncomfortable, Indeela began twitching and scratching at themselves as they moved towards the door and started looking for holes to look through.

"I do hope The Doctor hurries up in there... This shimmer is terribly uncomfortable! At the first opportunity in the woods I shall be turning this thing off. Oh and I would so like to begin my own investigation..."

At this Indeela span around and faced The Doctor and the Time Agent with a mad glint in their eyes that was matched only by their mischievous grin.

"Do you think that The Doctor would mind if I went in and had a look around myself? I'm sure I could help... Ah. No. No, probably best to let the local authorities get first pickings."

Indeela lent back against the outer wall of the house with a melodic sigh. It tended to work out badly whenever they didn't fully comply with the police. For the most part. Indeela had learned the hard way that it didn't matter if you had solved several cases and were beloved by the local community, if you didn't let the police take at least some of the credit they tended to remain rather cold towards you. Indeela supposed they must view it as some kind of competition.
Back to top Go down
Rassilon/Eric Tempore
Student
Student
Rassilon/Eric Tempore

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 6:01 am

Eric coughed uncomfortably as Indeela's arm gave a sudden spasm and then rested at her side once more. "It's uh....please....my full name's Eric Tempore, friends call me Eric, so...call me Eric" He replied to Indeela's reference to him as "Mr Time-Agent" with a sly wink. Eric glanced at his still lifeless Vortex Manipulator. "Well, I've never seen anything do such a number on my Manipulator before. Except maybe....well, The Agency's R&D department always said that they hadn't ironed out the weakness to sonic waves. Ah well, The Doctor...well...the one in the house seems like a man after my own heart." He said to either Indeela or The Flesh Doctor, or perhaps both. "I am curious as to what a "TARDIS" actually looks like." He continued, going to lean up against the wall next to Indeela as he spoke.

"I used to hear stories back in the Peninsula, about the infamous Time-Lords....how they'd had a war with the Daleks, great and terrible...hundreds of years in the past and yet still going on somewhere in the universe. A time-war, how the Time-Lords' ships...TARDISes flew through the skies above their home-planet battling Dalek ships. Then how on the last day....they died, everyone everywhere heard the rumours. How the planet...how it died and The Daleks died with it." Eric concluded this trip down memory lane with a mournful sigh, he turned his head to look at Indeela. "I know this must be weird for you, before today you probably didn't even know what a Time-Agent was, or for that matter that time-travel was possible." Eric's eyes suddenly lost the glassy look they had acquired when talking about the Time-Lords.

"So, The Doctor's plan seems sound...of course it wouldn't be necessary to get a TARDIS to scan these eyes if I still had my Manipulator but you work with what you got I suppose. Also Indeela, I'd strongly advise not going off on your own without one of us to accompany you. Investigations are all well and good but it wouldn't be too good if someone mistook you for a crazy person or something if you said the wrong thing."
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 11:10 am

Emma was just considering going to check to see if the Doctor was going to be coming back soon, when he came bursting in through the door, giving the excuse of having to take a phone call. She raised an eyebrow slightly at him, thinking he could seem a bit less excited, given the situation. But she didn't have a chance to say anything before he grabbed her and pulled her off into the kitchen. To avoid having her arm yanked off when he pulled her along with him, she quickly jumped up as he was grabbing her hand, and hurried to follow him.

She wondered if the parents were noticing the inconsistencies in their story. First the Doctor and Emma showed up separately, seeming surprised to find the other there, and not claiming to be partners. Now he was calling her his partner, which Emma found slightly amusing, and wondered if the parents of the missing kids had noticed this change in their story. She wondered if they were they claiming to both be private investigators now?

But right now there were more important things to worry about, such as finding the kids. From how the Doctor was acting, he seemed excited and she guessed that probably meant he had found out something and possibly had a plan. She wanted to ask about it, but also thought the stuff she'd found out might possibly be useful, so she wanted to mention it.
"What's going on?" She asked, curious. "Did you find something out? Cause I did.. a little anyway. I've been looking around and asking some questions, and I've established a couple of things. Firstly, the kids left the house of their own accord. They climbed out the window, and they intended on coming back before their parents found out they were gone." She informed him. "And I believe it's the first time they've ever attempted something like this, too." She added. She knew sometimes little, seemingly insignificant things could break a case, so it was good not to ever leave any information out, however unimportant it might seem.

She leaned back against the counter and casually tugged her sleeve down a little more, to make sure it covered her wrist. After the Doctor had pulled on her arm and all, she wanted to be sure it hadn't gotten pushed up more than she would like it to be. She didn't think it had been pushed up enough to show any scars, but she wanted to make sure, just in case. She'd rather no one noticed the scars, which was why she wore long sleeves all the time. Looking calmly back at the Doctor, she folded her arms and considered his question for a couple of seconds, after he stopped talking.

"I'm going to take a wild guess and say you've got some sort of plan, probably involving possible danger but hopefully involving the finding, and or rescuing, of the kids. So what is the plan, are you sure it will work, and how can I help?" She asked, giving a small smile. She didn't comment on the taking on another adventure thing, because partly, she wasn't totally sure what he meant by that, so she wanted to think over that question for a little bit and see what sort of explanation might come later. She figured that he probably just meant that he was asking her to take part in some sort of plan, and by adventure, she assumed it probably contained at least some dangerous part.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 8:20 pm

The Doctor smiled after listening to Emma's reply, gesturing back to the front door with a grin, "Come on then. Allons-y" he told her before exiting the kitchen himself and entering the living room where the eyes of the worried parents immediately bolted over to him. The husband stood up from the couch, "What's going on?" he asked, walking over to The Doctor with a baffled facial expression dominating the appearance of the worried father. The Doctor paused for a moment to think of a legitimate answer to the mans question before sighing and lowering his head slightly.

"I'm going to try and get your children back" The Doctor finally answered, looking up and into the eyes of the husband, "I am going to do everything i can. Everyone here will do everything they can to bring them back. I promise they will be back..i promise". The husband simply smirked slightly and nodded; that was answer enough for The Doctor, who patted the man on the shoulder then turned back to the front door. Exiting the home, The Doctor looked out to the team that had assembled and the crashed ship that loomed in the background. Once making sure Emma was coming out to join them, The Doctor made his way back to the group, "Sorry..had to clear some things up" he told them.

"Alright. Now" He began again, "Doctor..me..you can operate my TARDIS and track us while we go into the woods. Men's Warehouse agent i'll need that manipulator of yours for a moment..". He stopped as he lightly grabbed the man's vortex manipulator and extended it out as he flipped out his sonic screwdriver with his other hand. "If this is a newer model manipulator then it should have biometric scans" He mumbled while he repaired the device with the screwdriver, "At the very least this can come in handy finding the children...much less a quick escape if something happens". Finishing the repairs, The Doctor turned to Indeela, his eyes pacing back from her and her ship behind the group, "First off i need to know if you've got a cloaking device for your ship..and second..i need you to stick close to us. No matter what..". Smiling, The Doctor pat Indeela on the shoulder then turned back to the Flesh Doctor, tucking his sonic back away and flipping out a key to the TARDIS and pressing it. Like a car unlocking, the TARDIS echoed out the familiar sound before shedding its cloaking device and revealing itself next to the house, "What is it you say? Oh yeah...geronimo".
Back to top Go down
Indeela Danlarteen
Newb
Newb
Indeela Danlarteen

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 6:47 am

"Ah... Mr Eric Tempore. Thank you."

Indeela gave a light bow and continued to lean against the wall as Eric began talking of the Time Lords and their wars against the Daleks. Other than a few nods to show understanding, Indeela said nothing. This man clearly knew what he was talking about, though it all sounded suspiciously close to mythology to the Alpha Centauran...

"Time travel is confusing enough to me, Mr Tempore... A time war is somewhat bewildering. Either it has not happened yet in my understanding of things... Or the Daleks did not stay dead for long."

A deep purple shade was creeping into Indeela's real skin tone, however the shimmer simply interpreted this as a deep, troubled frown.

"That seems to be a habit of theirs. In my time the on and off again war against the Dalek empire is never-ending. It's hard enough to bring about a peaceful solution between races that are steeped in war and hate... The Humans and Draconians... The Martian Ice Warriors and their terribly aggressive traditions... And yet we managed it. The Galactic Federation brought about a peaceful standard of co-existence between civilisations of wildly varying beliefs and cultures without the need for restricting individual planet's laws or systems. Variety is our strength. And I am proud to have been a part of it, Mr Tempore... But the Daleks..."

Indeela let out a sigh that could have passed for a quiet operatic note had the shimmer's face not implied otherwise.

"How do you reason with a race that can only hate and kill that which is not themselves?"

Pulling themselves out of their melancholy state, Indeela rubbed their hands together in excitement.

"Still, no point worrying about the past when the present is calling! An investigation... with a group! How novel. I've always worked solo before! This is most thrilling..."

As if on cue The Doctor rushed back out of the house and apologised for his rude behaviour. Quite fitting, Indeela though, and they immediately gave an ever so slightly deeper bow of appreciation for this act of courtesy on his part. They also rather appreciated the speed at which he was talking. Most Alpha Centaurans (being as they were, in a constant state of at least mild anxiety) spoke at a rate that left many humans frustrated. As a result of this, Indeela had adopted a tendency to speak slightly slower when dealing with humanoids. Listening to this Doctor talk was rather like being home again.

"Ahh no. No cloaking device. Well technically yes, but not at the moment. It's a very simple thing, really. I mostly just use The Hexagonicalacopia to get from point A to point B. Hexy's rather temperamental you see Mr Doctor, and I'm not entirely sure how many of the broken systems are repairable. I'm still trying to work out how the warp shunt drive could have caused me to travel through time!"

Indeela froze as a wheezing, groaning sound echoed from behind them, followed by a crackling charge of energy. Slowly turning around, Indeela was just in time to see The Hexagonicalacopia zap out of existence. They gulped, nervously.

"Well. The ah... The engines aren't working so... So it should reappear in the same spot at some point in time. Shouldn't it Doctors? Oh dear. I really need to get that understood and fixed."
Back to top Go down
Ashara
Student
Student
Ashara

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 6:33 pm

The Flesh Doctor watched as the other Doctor walked into the house. He tapped on his chin as he looked down at the ground wondering what would happen to him if he went into the Tardis. He worried if he went in he would dissolve and that would just not end well at all for him at least.

He looked up as the other Doctor came out again followed by a younger woman. He focused on the woman's face and he suddenly remembered her "Ah ha..I never forget a face, hello again Emma," he smiled slightly nodding.

The Other Doctor started talking laying out a plan that had him positioned in the Tardis. The Flesh Doctor gulped slightly but nodded in agreement. As the Other Doctor continued talking he fixed the Ex-Time-Agents Time Vortex Manipulator. "Oi, I just broke that for a reason you know?" The Flesh Doctor said trying to sound angry but he got the logic in fixing it.

He heard a noise from where the ship was sitting just a moment ago and that it was now no longer there. Indy asked the two Doctors if it would be back and The Flesh Doctor answered "Yes..mostly likely..probably..maybe?"

The other Doctor had finished his plan layout and brought the Tardis out of hiding before using the Flesh Doctor's and Regular Doctor catch phrase. He started walking toward the Tardis before opening the door before he walked in "If you are going to use it..use it properly, GERONIMO!" he said he disappeared into the Tardis closing the door behind him.

"Hello beautiful," the Flesh Doctor said with a smile before he walked to console before he started his work.
Back to top Go down
Rassilon/Eric Tempore
Student
Student
Rassilon/Eric Tempore

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 7:14 am

Eric stared as The Doctor extracted a sonic device similar to The Other Doctor's green variant from his suit jacket, however this one possessed a blue diode and was clawless. The Doctor gently took hold of his wrist and Eric undid the strap on his vortex manipulator, handing it to him. He watched as The Doctor activated his sonic and pointed it at his Manipulator. With a loud resounding sequence of beeps and whirring sounds Eric's Vortex Manipulator lit up, operational once more. Eric tried as hard as he could to suppress a grin before The Doctor then took out what appeared to be an old door key and pressed down on it's base.  A loud wheezing, groaning sound was heard and a 1960's police box suddenly uncloaked from thin air, rippling into a visible spectrum with an effect not unlike an old sheet being pulled from an antiquity. "That's your TARDIS?" Eric asked rhetorically to The Doctor in a slightly disappointed tone of voice.

Eric shrugged without waiting for an answer as The Other Doctor strode confidently towards the TARDIS and responded to his past self's earlier acknowledgment of the catchphrase "Geronimo" by repeating the delightfully english-sounding word in a louder, notably excited voice before opening the wooden doors, stepping in and closing them behind him. Looking to Indeela's ship he noticed a large energy field surround the ship and simply scoop it out of thin air. The devastation of the crash site it had been responsible for still remained, and a large indent of the ship's underside had been imprinted in the mud it had landed in. But the vessel itself has simply disappeared. "Well, that's probably not a good sign." He said, trying to pull off a confident smile, but failing and instead only managing a semi-confused grimace.

"So, Doctor....about your plan to send us into the woods where children have disappeared and sinister red eyes have been sighted multiple times, are you entirely sure it's a good plan? I mean, I'm not a coward but what do we do if one of us finds it? Do we shoot to kill...or try to capture it...or just conduct a bio-scan on it?" Eric asked tentatively, doing his best to try and seem carefree and unconcerned about the danger of the plan and failing miserably.

Last edited by Rassilon/Eric Tempore on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 10:19 am

Emma didn't really know what a long z was, but she followed the Doctor outside without asking. It might be something obvious that she should know, and by saying she didn't, might make herself look stupid. She guessed that was one of her insecurities, feeling stupid even though she knew she wasn't. Then again, it might be something only the Doctor really knew, but maybe if she kept quiet and listened, paid attention to stuff, she'd find out. Maybe someone else would ask for her. That would be handy, then she wouldn't have to ask and would still find out the answer.

Emma gave a tiny smile of reassurance to the parents as she and the Doctor exited, after he again promised to find their children. Emma watched both parents quietly, observing them but not letting on that she was actively studying their behavior. She followed the Doctor outside, and noticed he seemed to have quite a group gathered. She wondered where they all came from. The fake FBI guy she knew of, but there were now two others she hadn't seen before.

Actually, one she had seen before. She was surprised to see him there. Bow tie guy. Wait a minute, he'd said his name was the Doctor. She blinked and looked at him for a moment, then looked at the trench coat Doctor, and back to bow tie Doctor as he greeted her with a smile.
"Well, hello.. Doctor." She replied to him, giving a faint smile. She glanced again at the other Doctor, and back to him. "Yeah.. that's not going to get confusing at all." She commented with a slight tone of sarcasm. Two guys named the Doctor. Now that was going to be interesting.

Then, turning to the fake FBI agent, she felt it necessary to address his FBI fakeness. "And by the way, the FBI doesn't use digital ID cards. They also aren't allowed to work cases outside of American, and the last time I checked, Scotland wasn't American soil. So your story of being sent here to investigate, that doesn't check out. They would've sent someone from the Scottish authorities, not the American government." She said, giving him a serious look. "But, seeing as you apparently only told the lie to get a chance to help find the missing kids, I won't have you arrested for impersonating a federal officer of the United States. I just wanted you to know that you don't fool me." She informed him, deciding to keep an eye on this guy.

She folded her arms and listened as trench coat Doctor began to tell about his plan. She wondered if the two Doctors were friends, because he seemed to know him pretty well. And bow tie Doctor apparently knew how to operate the Tardis, according to the other Doctor, who had just instructed him to do so. She watched Doctor Trench coat take some device from the fake FBI guy and do something to it, earning a complaint from Bowtie Doctor, who said he'd just broken the device on purpose. Emma couldn't really follow every word of what the Doctor was saying, he talked so fast and used a few terms that she wasn't that familiar with.

He asked the bearded man who hadn't been identified yet if he had a cloaking device for his ship, which was apparently the one that Emma had seen crash earlier. So that's where he came from. Did Doctor Bowtie come with him? She wondered. The man spoke, revealing a surprisingly high pitched voice, and said he didn't have a cloaking device, and she further wondered what this cloaking device would look like. She didn't have much time to wonder about these things though, because about that time the ship in question suddenly disappeared. She frowned, a bit puzzled how that could happen.

Finally it seemed they were almost ready to put the plan into action, and after a sound just like a car beeping in response to a remote button locking or unlocking the car, Emma was surprised to see the Tardis suddenly appear where it had apparently been invisible. She blinked in surprise and stared at it.
"Wow.. that's really cool." She said. She couldn't help being impressed by that, the thing could go invisible!

As Bowtie Doctor went into the Tardis with an exclamation of 'Geronimo!', Emma turned to Trenchcoat Doctor.
"There were some tracks outside the girl's window, where the kids climbed out. I don't know how far the trail will go, but it might be a start." She told him. She turned to the bearded man and offered a smile. "I'm Emma Morgan by the way." She told him, keeping the introduction short and to the point, but figured if they were going to be working together on this it might be helpful to know who was who and what to call people.

She turned to the Doctor that was left outside with the rest of them.
"So, into the forest then? I'm ready to go whenever you are. But just out of curiosity, if this thing is taking only children, and the local authorities haven't found anything at all, what makes you think any of us will find anything?" She asked, a bit concerned. Fake FBI guy's question made her wonder what she'd do if anything attacked. She didn't have a gun, since she couldn't take one of those through the airport security. Really, the only defense she had was her hand-to-hand skills, which probably wouldn't amount to much if they ended up facing some sort of monster. But if it was a person she supposed she'd probably be alright, so long as they didn't have a gun. She waited for the Doctor's answer.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 12:32 pm

The Doctor thought for a moment before reaching deep into his trench coat, trying to find a few objects he could have sworn were inside. Finally he found them and yanked them out. Three wrist devices that nearly mimicked the one that the Time Agent across from The Doctor wore. "Before i left helping the Time Agency for a little bit, i managed to sneak out a few of these...prototypes. Not anything close to vortex manipulators by any chance. But! I think i may be able to digitally connect them to his manipulator. So when he zips out, it will drag us with him...just in case anything bad happens".

"Now!" The Doctor continued, "What they are though...are advanced shimmers. Well...sort of...like i said..prototypes" he corrected himself, "With a digital link to the vortex manipulator, we can disperse the image of a child throughout us. Giving the appearance of a child while keeping our...natural..oh you'l see". Quickly putting on the shimmer and activating it, The Doctor, within a blue flash, morphed into a child version of himself. Now looking like a six year old and his clothes loosely fitting around his new small body, "This will attract those eyes and get their attention onto us. Bow tie will monitor us from inside of the TARDIS while the vortex maipulator can help stabilize our child like appearances, plus give us a lift out if we need it....hopefully. Everything usually works out to plan so no need to worry".
Back to top Go down
Indeela Danlarteen
Newb
Newb
Indeela Danlarteen

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 2:32 pm

Indeela nodded quietly and respectfully at the human female that the bowtie Doctor had referred to as Emma. It was only polite that full introductions be given to every member of their investigative team, and she had already taken the initiative. Indeela could tell they were going to like this one.

"Ah, greetings Miss Morgan, it's a pleasure to meet you! Indeela Danlarteen, private detective at your service. I look forward to working with you."

Indeela leaned in slightly, looking Emma up and down quite intently.

"I'm afraid this is all rather new to me... Human culture, at this time, I mean. I think, however, that it's safe to assume that children aren't supposed to leave the house unattended through a window! Personally, I'd be rather interested in seeing those tracks you mentioned! Perhaps we could go and take a look from outside the house."

They had been about to introduce themselves further and start organising some kind of search party, but Indeela was completely flummoxed by the Doctor's next announcement. More shimmers? But then why on Alpha Cenatauri had he insisted that they go and search for their own...

Indeela's question was immediately answered in a flash of blue light. They stared, mesmerised at the sudden appearance of the tiny humanoid Doctor. With a forceful shake of their head they tutted and flustered, their two arms moving at such a pace as they spoke that it almost made up for the missing four.

"Oh dear, oh dear me no! I'm terribly sorry Doctor, but the shimmer I'm currently wearing is uncomfortable enough! Something that small would be positively wretched to wander around in! Besides, would it even work for me? If your modified shimmer's are designed to imitate our natural, albeit younger, forms wouldn't that be... well... distracting in my case? Unless these red eyed kidnappers aren't specifically looking for human children... But still, think of the discomfort! It would be... Well, it..."

Indeela turned to look between Emma and Eric, searching for some kind of solidarity. Gradually Indeela's actions became more nervous, slower and generally more sheepish. With a slightly awkward cough, they continued.

"I suppose... If the others are up for it and... and there are small children in danger. Oh fiddlesticks, fine."

Indeela held out their hand with a resolute stare at The Doctor, waiting to receive one of the modified shimmers.

"But I don't know how well this will work, so I suggest we find somewhere in the woods where I can take off this old shimmer first. At least then if something goes wrong I won't risk accidentally, um... Upsetting the locals."

Indeela turned and smiled nervously at Emma.

"I, ah... Assume that at the very least you wouldn't try to kill a strange looking life-form on sight, Miss Morgan... Would you?"
Back to top Go down
Rassilon/Eric Tempore
Student
Student
Rassilon/Eric Tempore

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Eric raised an eyebrow at Emma's sort-of threat to have him arrested. "I'll keep that in mind, Ms Morgan." He replied before turning to The Doctor who had seemingly reverted to the form of a six year old and was now looking up at Eric with his magnificently spiky hair looking absurd on his tiny head. "So your plan is to disguise us all as children and hope it fools whatever this thing with the red eyes is?" He asked skeptically before kneeling down slightly to match The Doctor's new height and looking closely at the so-called "Advanced Shimmers" he'd just been raving on about. "Well, in theory it could work, I mean....these "Shimmers" of yours seem to look alright." He said, before digitally tethering his own Vortex Manipulator and the Doctor's own shimmer.

"So Doctor, exactly how many of these things do you have? Come to think of it, how long will these things work? I mean, if they're prototypes like you said then there's a good chance they won't function perfectly or indefinitely." He mused, before standing up and looking at Emma as if seeing her clearly for the first time. "Doctor, I just realised that your friend here doesn't seem at all freaked out or bothered by any of this....I know you probably don't care in the slightest but giving information on wider Galactic Society to residents of Level 5 planets is usually a big no-no and.....stuff....but as I said before you probably don't care in the slightest." Eric finished somewhat lamely and then coughed to cover up his awkward silence.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 8:36 am

The Doctor glanced over and up to Emma as the Time Agent called his attention to her, "Oh..she's seen things like this before" he commented before turning his attention back to the devices, "best not think about those sort of things. Now! As you said, the shimmers are just prototypes, barely able to hold the image it displays, but with them connected to your manipulator it should cause the image to last about two hours. I haven't exactly measured how long it lasts yet...i guess this is a test run. It should be fine though, no worries. Just make sure your manipulator is working properly throughout, the last thing we need is to shift back into our normal selves in the middle of those things".

Flipping up his shimmer, The Doctor quickly whizzed his sonic screwdriver over it and held it there until it sounded a connection. "Their now connected with the TARDIS...i should be hearing you from here" The Doctor elaborated before speaking into the shimmer, "Doctor! Can you hear us? We need to set up the connection with the shimmers and his manipulator. Set up a biometric scan to see where we are and what's around us...its getting dark so we will have to rely on that.".
Back to top Go down
Ashara
Student
Student
Ashara

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 12:02 pm

The Flesh Doctor looked around the TARDIS like it was the first time...mostly because it was his first time. Sure he had his memories of it from the Real Doctor but he personally had never been inside. It was breath taking. "You truly are beautiful.." The Flesh Doctor muttered under his breath. He was tore away from his thoughts as the voice of the other Doctor came from the Console.

"Yes, yes I can hear you no need to get impatient," he said moving to the console before using his memory to do what the Doctor had asked him to do. He flipped a few switches before looking at the screen. He saw lots of trees and the others standing there.

"I see a lot of trees...and you guys, I will let know you the second that changes," he said before leaning forward to focus on the screen as if he hoped something exciting would happen in soon. Patience was not his strong suit.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 12:05 pm

Emma smiled politely at Indeela.
"Pleasure to meet you as well." She replied. She then shook her head in reply to Indeela's question, though she was a bit puzzled at the 'human culture' comment. "No, kids aren't supposed to climb out the window and leave the house unattended at night, after their bed time." She answered. Then Indeela mentioned going to look at the tracks, but about that time the Doctor was pulling something out and talking about shimmers, which was something she had never heard of. She tried to pay attention to his explanation of how it worked. Something about projecting the image of a child, she thought he was saying, but then he gave up trying to explain it and said they'd see.

Suddenly there was a blue flash, and the Doctor was a small child. Emma widened her eyes slightly in surprise, and stared at him as he continued to speak about this plan of his. She allowed a small grin on her face.
"Aww, what a cute little boy.." She teased him, hiding how completely amazed and confused she was about this whole thing. How did that happen? Was he actually a child now, or was he still like himself and only appeared to look like a child? She had a feeling it was the latter, but how was that possible? Maybe it was some sort of device to change your appearance? Like.. well she couldn't think of anything to compare it to from any book or movie she'd seen. But she couldn't help wondering about it.

Then she turned to look at Indeela as the man began freaking out about the idea of the shimmers. Actually, did he say he was wearing one now? That didn't make sense.. unless.. and then Indeela asked if the eyes were not looking only for human children, and Emma wondered what exactly Indeela was. If the shimmer was a device to change your appearance, and Indeela was wearing one, then what did he really look like? She noticed Indeela saying he wasn't sure how well the shimmer would work for him, and then asked Emma nervously if she would try to kill a strange looking life form on sight.
"No, of course not.. plus I don't even have a weapon." She said, giving him a reassuring smile, even though she was very curious and a bit confused.

About that time she heard Eric commenting about the shimmers and asking the doctor how well it would really work. And then he looked at Emma and started talking to the Doctor about her not freaking out and stuff. She folded her arms, raising an eyebrow. She didn't know what he was talking about level five planets and Galactic Society and stuff, but she didn't like him talking about her like she wasn't even there. She cleared her throat.
"Since you obviously weren't paying attention, the Doctor just said that these prototype shimmer things are digitally linked with your manipulator thing, which stabilizes them, and also means that if you use that to make an escape, then it pulls the rest of us with you, in case of something bad happening, while the other doctor is inside the Tardis to monitor us and make sure everything goes well." She explained, rolling her eyes. Obviously this guy didn't listen to a word the Doctor just said. Emma may not understand it, but at least she listened.

She went quiet as the Doctor spoke up and answered Eric as well, then proceeded to talk about his plan and the shimmer things. He connected it to the Tardis somehow, then spoke into it to talk to the bowtie doctor who was inside the Tardis, and he replied that he could see them and a lot of trees. She wondered if that would work with all of their devices or just the Doctor's? She decided she'd find out eventually. It certainly would be handy for all of them to be able to contact the doctor in the Tardis.

She supposed she ought to get one too, so she could be disguised as well. Emma accepted one of the shimmer thingies that the Doctor was handing out, but she hesitated on putting it on. She stared at the device as many questions went through her mind. She wondered how old it would make her look. Five, six.. seven? Or maybe older, or younger. She didn't really have any way of knowing. But the bigger question was, how would she look? Would she look exactly like she did when she was six, or would she just look like herself but smaller? She noticed that the Doctor's clothes were really loose on him. What if her scars showed? She was nervous, and a little scared to do this. She didn't know what to expect. It wasn't the thought of whatever was out in the woods that scared her, it was more that she was afraid of what the others might see, what she might look like as a child.

She took a deep breath and told herself she was being silly. She was pretty sure it was just an image, or something like that. Or was it? She tried to convince herself that everything would be ok and this was perfectly fine. The Doctor had said something about it projecting an image, so that was probably all it was. She put the thing on. With a flash just like had happened with the Doctor, Emma suddenly looked like a little girl of about 6 or 7. She fidgeted a little, finding it uncomfortable. She cleared her throat quietly.
"Ok.. now what?" She asked, glancing down at herself to try and see what she looked like.
Back to top Go down
Indeela Danlarteen
Newb
Newb
Indeela Danlarteen

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 7:06 pm

Indeela nervously smiled at Emma's assurance that they wouldn't have to worry about violence.

"From my experience Miss Morgan, you would be surprised how effectively murder can be committed with no conventional weapons whatsoever."

Several images and memories flashed through Indeela's head and they shivered so lightly that it was almost imperceivable.

"I shall never look at a shoe the same way again."

Indeela muttered, speaking more to themselves than anyone else. Such macabre distractions were soon brushed aside however, and Indeela immediately perked up on hearing the child Doctor contacting the Doctor that they had initially arrived with... Which did rather raise the question of exactly how much equipment could possibly be stored within the Doctor's... vehicle. It looked particularly cramped... Indeela considered raising the question, but seeing as the Doctor was perfectly happy serving as a lookout of sorts for them, who were they to question his lack of claustrophobia?

Emma was the first one to take initiative out of the three adults that now stood before the child Doctor, and Indeela couldn't help but admire her for it. It was clear from her body language that she had some apprehension about the process... and could Indeela blame her? After all, given the primitive time she lived in it was unlikely she had the foggiest idea what a shimmer did, much less how it worked. An old friend of Indeela's once told them that bravery, true bravery, wasn't a simple case of acting without thought or worry. To be brave was to experience dread, but act anyway. A lesson that Indeela was now repeating to themselves as they looked down at the new device in their hand that they had taken from The Doctor.

"Well... Here goes nothing."

Indeela put the shimmer around the same wrist as the other shimmer. With a bright, sharp crack of blue light Indeela's human form was replaced by that of a young boy wearing a bright red cloak and a cheap, home-made looking mask. They slowly opened their eyes, and held their hands up to their face to inspect.

"Ah, good... Still only the two hands. Never thought I'd be grateful to only see two of my hands!"

With a quiet giggle that matched the young boy's body only slightly better then that of their previous shimmer incarnation, Indeela glanced between their fellow investigators. A young Emma was questioning their next actions and Indeela found themselves so enthused by the exciting situation they had literally crashed into that words were soon falling out of their mouth at a rate usually preserved exclusively for conversation with members of their own race.

"Well, I suggest that we immediately begin with the investigation, running off into the forest to draw attention as it were, perhaps we could start with those tracks you mentioned earlier Miss Morgan, I think that would be the best course of action given the circumstances and ah..."

Indeela coughed, forcibly interrupting themselves. How inappropriate... This wasn't even their case. Not officially. Yet. Had they already forgotten their own advice? Always give local enforcement the chance to take initiative. An embarrassed shuffle of their feet was followed by an appropriately childish look of bashful embarrassment as Indeela talked mostly to their own feet.

"That is of course, just my own suggestion and I'm certainly not in charge of the investiga- of the situation."
Back to top Go down
Rassilon/Eric Tempore
Student
Student
Rassilon/Eric Tempore

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 4:46 am

Eric sighed as Emma repeated what The Doctor had just said to him in what he perceived to be an annoyed voice, he decided he'd have to refrain from talking to this one too much, at the very least he supposed The Doctor would make better conversation anyway; he seemed to be the only one here (not counting his counterpart) who Eric felt was on the same page as him.

Eric watched Indeela and Emma take two of the shimmers, activating them and reverting into childlike versions of themselves (or in Indeela's case, a childlike version of her existing shimmer facade) he sighed and took one from The Doctor's outstretched hand and clamped it around his non-manipulator wrist. Eric felt an odd sensation, he looked down and saw is own physical form shrink quite dramatically to the way he had looked at the age of seven, his eyeline lowered to reflect his new height.

"Weird....this feels really...really weird." he said in a slightly dazed tone of voice. Looking at his three new acquaintances who all stood at similar heights to him, Eric glanced down at his manipulator and raised an eyebrow. It seemed to loosely hang from his undersized wrist, threatening to fall off at any moment, however he could feel it still strapped tightly to his right wrist; he reminded himself that all this was a simple illusion, that he was still the same underneath. He decided he rather disliked Shimmers, especially when the disguise they created was so drastically different from his normal form.

Eric drew his Alpha-Meson Blaster from it's holster inside his suit jacket, holding it in his hand it seemed comically oversized next to his new, smaller appearance. He ignored this visual discrepancy and loaded the blaster with a weapon pack. "Need to get some more of these next time I'm at the Maldovarium" he muttered to himself as he re-holstered the blaster and turned his attention back to Emma and Indeela, he slowly walked towards Indeela and moved the wrist he wore his Manipulator on closer to her Shimmer device, linking it to his Manipulator as he had done with The Doctor's. Finally he moved on to Emma, moving his wrist close to her Shimmer and tapping the screen of his Manipulator twice to link hers. Eric swiped sideways on the screen to display the Manipulator's energy output. "Energy Levels steady." He called to The Doctor.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 9:23 am

The Doctor nodded, mentally checking to see if everyone was ready before turning his gaze and attention to the forest in front of them, "Alright then....allons-y" he mumbled. The sun began to set, the trees began to reach out to them with their shadows, grabbing their bodies and holding it until they entered the ominous forest.

Flipping out his sonic screwdriver, The Doctor slowly entered, shinning it across the hulk of the trees in search of the mysterious red eyes. "Everyone stay close..." The Doctor called back to his friends, "I don't know what these things are...much less what they could do".

Just as The Doctor stopped talking, a sudden red flare roared by him, causing him to jump back and immediately shift his attention to the direction it was heading off to. His eyes were wide and frantically tried to pick up every detail they could in the near pitch dark surroundings. The red light as gone, hidden away from sight in between the trees and various bushes and fallen limbs.
Back to top Go down
Ashara
Student
Student
Ashara

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:56 am

The Flesh Doctor quickly got bored just watching the console for something to happen. He started to pace around slightly inside the Tardis. Maybe this was a bad idea for me to come in here alone he thought to himself. As he was walking around an idea popped into his head about making himself a Time Vortex Manipulator. He smiled before he moved into the Tardis using his memories of it to find a room with random parts.

He went through the room picking out parts from piles and throwing others over his shoulder before he was satisfied with what he had he took them back to control room where he started to assemble things quickly in case something bad would really happen and the others would actually need his help.

Just as he finished the device he looked up at the console just in time to see a red light flash in front of the Doctor but nothing else was coming up on sensors. "Uh..what was that?" He said aloud knowing the others could hear him.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 4:07 pm

Emma looked at the weird device on her wrist and wondered how it worked. Did she really look like a child? Indeela, Eric, and the Doctor did, and what she could see of herself looked like a little girl, so she guessed she must look like that to others. She wasn't sure she liked it, but at least she appeared to be at an age before she had too many scars on her arms and everything.

Shrugging, she began to follow the Doctor as he led the way toward the forest. She was wishing she'd taken the time to get some of her stuff out of her bag. But she wasn't going back to get stuff from her bag. It would take too much time, and she didn't think they had any time to spare. So instead she tried to think if she had anything on her person that would be of any use. She had her cell phone, but the backlight on it wasn't really all that useful as a light, not in a forest anyway.

She remembered that her keys were in her pocket, and she had a mini flashlight attached on her key chain. That would be better than nothing. She pulled the keys out of her pocket, then jumped a little as she looked up from the keys, just as a flash of red went by swiftly, too quick for her to get a good look at it.
"What was that?" She asked in a startled whisper. She tried to think of what she knew of that could have red eyes. She bit her lip, thinking as she glanced around, keeping an eye out for anything else out of the ordinary. "What could that have been, Doctor?" She asked, going through several ideas in her head. "Cyclopes? Goblins..?" She asked, mostly joking about those ideas. "Maybe it was a laser light beam, like people use to play with cats? Could be someone pulling a prank, maybe.." She suggested, though a bit doubtful on that. The Daleks like they'd dealt with in DC had blue lights, not red, so it probably wasn't that. "What do you know of that has red glowing eyes?" She asked quietly, frowning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Of The Forest   Eyes Of The Forest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eyes Of The Forest
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next