Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Cast against the tide. I_vote_lcapCast against the tide. I_voting_barCast against the tide. I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Cast against the tide. I_vote_lcapCast against the tide. I_voting_barCast against the tide. I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Cast against the tide.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

Cast against the tide. Empty
PostSubject: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:09 pm

(For 9 and Ramona)

The sound of the clock ticking reminded her of a heartbeat, pounding in her ears as she ran. Ran from imminent danger, danger that was sure to come whenever the leather-clad man was around. Eyelids heavy with thought were peeled back, forcing apart the crust of sleep that tied them down. Gold iris' gazed forlornly at the off-white plaster of the ceiling, stains from tenants past and maybe a few from leaking water stared back at her.

Ramona exhaled sharply and rolled over with a squeak as she landed on the floor, the rough carpet digging into her arms. Well she'd have a rash in the morning, if not a bruise if the pain from smacking the coffee table was anything to go by. Even without the cursed Doctor she managed to find herself with injury, no matter how big or small. She didn't bother getting up, didn't bother untangling her legs from the sheet that rested across her back and head. Her hair was like an auburn web, spidering from the couch to the coffee table, hanging in loops and tangles along the floor. The Doctor. Her savior and her killer. Friend? She thought not though it was controversial, even within her own mind. As if on cue her ribcage ached with the memory of having two of its sisters broken, twisted and impaled into her lung. Ramona shivered at the intense wrench of pain that tore through her mind and forced it away, rocking her nose along the floor in denial.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:18 pm

Stopping outside of Ramona's apartment, the Doctor reached up to knock only to hesitate slightly and frown at the shining numbers as if they taunted him. After his last disastrous attempt at bringing her along on a random adventure, she nearly died. Now here he was assuming she'd go along on another simply because he showed up? Granted she always said yes in the end, but still, there would always be that one day where she finally had enough and said no. Scowling to himself, he dropped his gaze down to the floor and studied it for a moment before looking back at the door again.

Blimey he was never this nervous, facing down a family of Raxacoricalfalapatorians? No problem. Stopping the Nestine Consciousness from killing all of London? Piece of cake, but asking one simple human girl to go with him on a completely random jaunt through space and time? That is when he freezes. Heaving out a low sigh, he raised his fist again and hesitated once more for a few seconds, then finally knocked on the door in front of him before stuffing the fist back into the pocket of his jacket as he assumed his usual cheerful smile.
Back to top Go down
Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:36 pm

Oh not again. How did she even know it was him? It could have been her parents deciding to visit for all she knew. And that would be how she knew, the chances of her parents actually coming to visit her were literally- Not happening. Of course it was him, the soft probe of his icy fingers against her mind was enough to make her flinch against the couch. Ramona struggled as hard as possible to assuage the oncoming headache as she made her way onto shaky feet.

A week, no... Less than that. It had almost been a week and he was already back. Nano-genes messing with her head, vines shattering her ribs and making a home in her organs. Did she really want to open the door? Did she really want to hear what he had to say? So far she saw a pattern and wasn't very happy with its ending. An ending that left a hollow pang in her chest, heart thudding angrily against aching ribs. She wandered silently down the hall, twisted left and faced the door. The empty knock echoed against the shell of her ear and she had the strangest sensation, almost as though she were submerged under water. Taking a breath Ramona stepped forward, stopped. Stepped again, stopped.

The knob was cold, hard and cold against her palms as she slipped around and pulled the door. "Come in." Her hands quaked as she used the door as a shield, Ramona ducked as far behind the slab of wood as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 1:20 pm

With his eyebrows raised up slightly, the Doctor slipped into the dark apartment and stopped in the center of the main room, turning around to watch Ramona as she shut the door behind him. "Well, I have a small idea if you want to hear me out. New planet, haven't seen it before. Thought you could use come company and I need someone clever to come with me. What do you say?" He finally asked in a rush, hardly daring to take a breath between words should she use the pause to shoot him down before he finished. "The TARDIS says it shouldn't be dangerous. No poisonous plants or animals, the air's breathable, the people rather nice, a little less advanced, but still nice."

Clasping his hands behind his back, the Doctor rocked back and forth on his feet, his eyes moving away from her face as he turned to study her apartment.
Back to top Go down
Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 10:01 pm

She took the alternate route back toward her living room, slipping through the kitchen, cold tile biting at her toes as she eyed him through the holes in the kitchen wall. That's one of the things she loved about her kitchen, wide open window space to see the living room with, a great view of the television if she ever wanted to watch something while burning dinner. She sucked on her lip, stopping at the counter and leaning against the metal sink, letting the cool titanium remind her of all their previous 'adventures' while he stood there rambling like a true madman. A nervous-wreck of an alien time lord stood in front of her. He came to vie for her attention once more, her companionship while Robin was off somewhere else no doubt, and she was actually glad for that. She was happy that the teen had escaped him for at least while, but here he was- On her doorstep again. Only one thing on her mind.

"Siren told you where I lived didn't she." Ramona bit out with a sad chuckle, either that or he really was stalking her. That was a terrifying thought. She remembered the Siren then and shuddered under the scrutiny of thought, glancing up at the Doctor as he finally stopped his bumbling about, focusing instead on anything but her. What should she do? Definitely not just walk out the door with him, that simply wasn't happening. Not after last time, light fingers trailed feathery touches over her ribs as she grimaced. Throw him out? Shouldn't have opened the door at all if she were going to do that. She was stumped, because if she wasn't going than he had no reason to be here. "Sit, relax, give me details. How have you been?" Ramona was actually surprised at the collected calmness of her tone while her face burned ever so slightly with the touches of a gentle flush. That really wasn't what she had wanted to say, but it was done and she drew around the corner to lean on the wall, staring blankly at him, revealing nothing. "Your leg looks better."
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 4:43 pm

"My leg?" The Doctor asked curiously before remembering what she was referring to. "Oh! Right, my leg. Yes, all better, no problems, not even an ache, which is more than I can say for you I'm guessing." He said with a slight nod towards her midsection. Several broken ribs and bruising on her organs, took her days to recover enough to come back home. He had insisted on her staying in the stasis chamber just so she would heal properly. Turning around in a small circle, he studied the room again before shifting on his feet slightly, unsure of what he wanted to say as he drew his eyes back over to Ramona. "Right, stopped by to see if you wanted to come with me. Wouldn't blame you if you didn't, but you know me, won't take no for an answer."
Back to top Go down
Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 5:14 pm

"And what if I told you no? Right now?" She lifted a challenging eyebrow and in all but a second her demeanor was changed from quiet and emotionless to curious with a shot of daring laced through the nerves. She unraveled her arms and took a few steps forward, closing the distance between them slowly. She rolled her shoulders and a small smile fluttered across pursed lips as she stared at him. Wouldn't take no for an answer? What a contradiction! Just wanted to stop by and see if she'd come but wouldn't take no, so what- Was he going to drag her out by her ears? Ramona was rather confidant with the idea that the Doctor wouldn't do anything, he would stand there and either splutter a response or just accept it and leave. He was far too reserved in these small things to be anything more than respectful and timid. Now that didn't necessarily extend to the rest of the adventure, and she could testify to that first hand.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 8:36 pm

The Doctor stared at Ramona for a moment, seemingly struck dumb at what she said before flashing her one of his trademark grins, hands tucking themselves into his jacket pockets as he studied her quietly before responding. "Then I'll just have to think of a way to convince you, won't I? Wouldn't be too hard, plenty of things out there you haven't seen yet, things that shouldn't attack you for the most part, unless you wear the wrong color that is. Plenty of colors are illegal on some planets, did you know that? The people on Transa don't believe in the color Red, so if anyone wears it, off to the dungeon, never to see the light of day again." He said brightly, almost excited at the prospect of being tossed into jail for the simple act of wearing red. "So, what do you say? New planet, new people, maybe a little trouble then running back to the TARDIS?"
Back to top Go down
Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 9:03 pm

She eyed him, eyelids narrowed and brow knitting in concentration as she listened, watching. By the time he had finished rambling, again, she was now walking in circles around him, glancing here and there at things around the room. He wasn't doing a very good job of convincing her, he was just repeating the same thing: planet, people, trouble, TARDIS, home. Same catch every time, how was that supposed to be convincing? He was supposed to offer her something specific, something that would interest her enough to risk her neck once again. "You're veering off course leather-man, quit feeding me the same line with different words," Ramona stopped and faced him, calves backed against the edge of her coffee table, leaving about 3 feet between them, enough that she could strike out if need be. She didn't think she'd need too. "You said you'd convince me, all I hear is another way for me to come about-" She brought her fore-finger and thumb together about the size of a pea, "This close to death again. I don't care about planets that hate the color red, I prefer darker colors myself. Give me something terrifyingly beautiful... That won't try to kill me. At all." She would gladly remind him of every side-effect she'd gotten from the moment she'd agreed to go on adventures with him. Let's see how creative the alien could be.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:58 pm

Pausing slightly, the Doctor thought for a moment then looked back at Ramona with a slightly distant look on his face, as if he wasn't seeing her at all as he began to speak. "What if I were to tell you this planet has a sky that looks like it's caught fire, stardust and small bits of rock fall through it's atmosphere on a constant basis because of a destroyed planet nearby." His gaze sharpened, finally looking at her face with an expression of seriousness mixed with awe while he continued to describe what he was seeing in his head. "The grass is a bright blue color and it smells like peaches during the summer, their trees don't grow leaves, they grow these small, tentacle like vines that change color with the time of day. A bright red in the morning, purple in the afternoon and softly glowing gold at night."

Turning around he started heading to the door, writing Ramona off as a lost cause as he pulled it open and went to step outside into the hall before turning around and flashing her his usual smile. "Oh, did I mention, the flowers sing in different tones when the breeze blows across them. When you stand in a field of them, it sounds like your surrounded by a thousand flutes playing a thousand different notes all together and all at different tones." With that said, he turned and walked out into the hallway and began heading for the stairs, leaving her behind.
Back to top Go down
Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 12:12 am

Even Ramona couldn't stop her eyes from going wide as he stood there, gazing distantly at her wall as he described probably... Well coming close to, the loveliest thing she could possibly imagine. And what's worse is that there were probably things lovelier still in this crazy Universe, she couldn't help but believe it. What really bothered her was the expression on his face as he turned back to focus on her, sharp and immediate. She took a short step back and fell abruptly across her coffee table with a cry, but he was already heading for the door. "H-hey!" She yells, scrambling for her footing while rubbing at her abused hip.

He was stopped and staring at her again, this time with that awful grin on his face and she glared. Only adding to the image before striding out the door, she listened with a pounding heart to his fading foot-steps. He wasn't going to leave her was he? Wait- that's what she wanted! To get rid of the stupid man. But it didn't feel right, her chest was tight and her knuckles were white where her nails dug into her palm. How dare he! She flushed angrily and raced to the balcony, throwing open the doors and jumping up onto the wooden rails. Being the klutz that she was wobbled and tipped, nails clawing marks into the already splintering wood as she fought for balance. Alex wasn't hte only one who knew out to sneak out of double-story houses! And nobody. Nobody challenged Ramona Eden and got away with it. She eyed the lower balcony and closed her eyes, swallowing thickly as she let her foot slip and dropped. Pain lanced through her fingers as she scrabbled for a hold, hanging from the second floor railing. One more, one more and that's ten feet to ground zero.

Upon landing Ramona rolled onto her back, just a few feet ahead of the front door. Her lungs screamed for air as she lied there, eyes dancing with stars. Somebody needed to remind her never to do that again. But... She couldn't just let him get away!
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 12:20 am

Stepping out the door, the Doctor stared at Ramona laying on the ground for a moment then walked over next to her with a small grin playing around his mouth. "I take it your coming with then? Come on, TARDIS is waiting and so are the singing flowers." He said brightly, holding a hand out to help her up as he grinned. One thing he knew about her, even before her psychic connection was that a straight challenge stating that he didn't expect her to go with him would be a surefire way to get the woman's irritation at him up to a pitch where she would follow him just to show that he didn't know her that well.

"We may have all the time in the universe, Ramona. But laying there on the ground isn't going to get us there any faster." He added idly, his blue eyes looking into hers with a sparkle of amusement as he studied her expression. Oh yes, she was angry, but there was that spark of excitement in there that he loved to see in any of his companions.
Back to top Go down
Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 12:27 am

"I hate you- So much-" Ramona coughed in reply to his unfaltering grin. She squeezed her eyes shut and took his hand, fingers wrapping around his wrist as though she were afraid he would drop her. And for some reason she had the sensation that she was in fact falling, her skin prickled with goosebumps and she let herself be swung up to her feet. With a swagger to signify her lack of balance Ramona leaned on him, the leather across his bicep a welcome relief to the sweat on her brow. She still held his wrist, tight, she wouldn't let him escape. "Sorry" She whispered hoarsely before releasing him with a jolt. Still feeling like she was falling she turned and headed off in the direction she knew the TARDIS would be waiting. A sinking rush in her gut that made her realize she had once more agreed to follow him into hell. And she loved it.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 12:32 am

"Hate me? How can you hate this face?" The Doctor protested lightly, his grin growing more as he pulled Ramona onto her feet and let her lean on his shoulder until she regained her balance a bit more. "And what could you be sorry for? You jumped from your second floor flat just to catch up with me. By the way, I hope you shut your door before taking that daring leap because I left it open when I walked out." He added, shooting a quick glance back at her window before following her through the streets towards where he parked the TARDIS.

Pulling his key out, he unlocked the door then pushed it open to allow Ramona to walk inside. "Right, new planet, sit down, enjoy the ride. I'll get you back no more than ten minutes after we left, or earlier if you get nervous." He rambled in his usual distracted tone as he began wandering around the controls, setting them for the flight as he slowly made his way around the console. "Right. Anything you forgot?" The Doctor finally asked, turning to look at her with a curious expression, hand resting on the lever as he waited for her reply.
Back to top Go down
Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 12:38 am

With a huff and a sigh Ramona flopped into the captains seat, stretching her legs out and leaning her head back. Back in this place again, her eyes roved across the metallic walls, eyeing the coral structures the circled it methodically. Were they real? Like actually breathing? Curiosity drove her mind to a million things before she directed her nose back toward the Doctor. She hadn't even been listening to him, and she had to take a moment to recall what he'd just asked. Forget anything, besides possibly leaving her door open and forgetting to lock up? Nothing that she could think of.

Ramona shook her head lazily before lolling it back, she would ignore him until the reached their destination. "Meh." She quipped aloud as the grating under her feet exploded to life.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 12:01 pm

"Right then! Off we go." Flashing a wide grin up at the Time Rotor, the Doctor yanked the lever down and grabbed onto the edge of the console as the TARDIS shook around them, the lights flickering slightly with each jolt and burst of speed until she evened out into the vortex, leaving the room calm once more. Turning around to face her, he looked at her clothes then raised an eyebrow. "I think you did forget some decent clothes. Not exactly proper running around in a new planet in your pajamas..." He commented with a slight wave towards her frame before turning and walking towards the hallway off to the side. "Come on, I have a wardrobe."
Back to top Go down
Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 2:09 pm

She rode out the shriek of metal and the twisting turns of a mad star-ship, her mind commenting frequently on how miserable the conditions really were and why for all of his technical doo-dads he didn't do something about the start-up! It reminded her of a car with its parking break left on, all the halting and churning and internal complaints. Her small smile turned quickly to a frown as she slowly, cautiously released the edges of the tattered seat, muscles relaxing just so as the TARDIS evened out. A slow hum enveloped the console room and weedled its way into Ramona's ears, running soft fingers against her mind that she recognized as a mental kiss. How sweet. She'd made a particular effort to keep herself mentally impossible to get to, ignoring his own presence and that of the TARDIS until just now. It usually kept her head feeling better and the aches at bay that way, plus it prevented that sense of intimacy she got every time she allowed the Doctor access. Or he forced his way in, then it was just weird.

Ramona grumbled to herself, sitting up when he suddenly reminded her that she was in fact- In her night clothes. She hadn't even been paying attention, hell! She was even barefoot. With a small pop of her lips and a gasp she whirled around for something to cover up with, even as he motioned her along and talked of a wardrobe. A wardrobe? What? Where in the world did he hide a wardrobe at? And how did he expect it to have clothes to fit her size? Confusion wrote a story in her eyes, perhaps a longer question than was necessary but she slowly, shakily got to her feet and followed him. Hesitating on the steps, hands reaching out to brush the coral structures as she passed, he disappeared into a door and her eyes grew wider as he vanished. What? Despite the questions racing through her mind Ramona peeked around the corner, staring after the Doctor's receding figure with confusion and slowly, slowly made to follow him.  
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 5:47 pm

Glancing over his shoulder at Ramona, the Doctor raised an eyebrow at her before taking a left down the corner and opening the door to the Wardrobe, a grin spreading across his face at the hours he had spent in it, searching for something to wear in his past incarnations. Granted, he never had any proper fashion sense until now, still there were memories in here at least. "Come on, I have some things that might fit you. Don't ask how I got them because I don't really know, to be honest. I think the TARDIS picks up clothes from wherever we go somehow then leaves them in here for me or my companions to find on occasion." He called out the door before striding into the room and heading up the giant spiral staircase in the center, heading up towards the top floor of clothes, already searching through them for something she might like, jeans, jacket... Shirt? No, she can pick her own clothes out.

Pausing for a moment, he held the jacket he pulled out without thinking, staring down at it with a frown on his face. Green velvet, what was he thinking? With a snort, he tossed it back into the haphazard pile of clothes and walked over to the edge of the floor, looking down at the door just as Ramona walked in. "Take a look. Anything you like and fits you, take it."
Back to top Go down
Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 7:46 pm

It was huge. There was little else to describe it other than ridiculous as she crept after the Doctor with a caution reserved for tight situations. Upon spying the grand stair-case and it central star burst of clothes racks Ramona had stopped just to stare. What in all of God's name did the Doctor need all of these for? It was a woman's dreamland she was staring at, male and female clothing, bi-sexual, a-sexual, probably-something-sexual she couldn't even name. Yet there he was, skipping through a few things before shaking his head and coming to lean over the railing. He announced that she was free to have whatever she wanted... Free to roam this new plain of existence within the TARDIS. Ramona closed her mouth and made her way along the spiraled stairs, fingers brushing to some unheard song in her head as she stepped out onto the second story? Of the Wardrobe as he'd called it.

She was never much of a shop girl, never one to care much for what she wore and was glad when she could wear as little as possible. But faced with traveling in space practically in her under-wear while traipsing about with a male companion... That didn't sound very attractive to her. Especially who that companion was. Freak. She screwed up her face in distaste, sweeping past him and within the depths of this- Terrifying place.

After jogging up and down through the different levels Ramona had finally found an outfit she fancied, tugging fondly on the tattered hems of her over-all's and patting the baggy blue shirt underneath. She'd even found a few pens to shove into the breast pocket to make it feel used, a smile on her face. But best of all? She'd found a scarf, a lovely tan, green, prawn, and violet thing that stretched farther than any scarf she'd seen before, at least twenty-five feet from what she'd counted. Ramona had it wrapped splendidly around her neck, double around the chest to keep it from dragging to much as she played with the ends, skipping happily down the stairs to meet the Doctor back in the console room.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 2:25 pm

Hearing footsteps from behind him, the Doctor grinned at the console before turning around to see what she had found to wear. Once his eyes landed on her, he froze, his grin half-formed on his mouth as he took in the colorful scarf draped around her form. "Where the bloody hell did you find that? I thought it was in the trunk near the back." He asked incredulously, eyeing the abomination with a mixture of amusement and distaste. How could he have worn that blasted thing for years before finally loosing it with his new regeneration? Blimey his taste in clothes was erratic.

Taking a couple steps towards her, he raised an eyebrow and stopped a foot away, a hand reaching out to brush against the scarf, a fond look flickering in his eyes before fading away to his usual amusement. "Only you would manage to find something from my past and insist to wear it."
Back to top Go down
Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 7:26 pm

Eyes the color of fall leaves glittered with something akin to mischief as she smirked at the man. He looked to her with surprise and then restrained it behind a half-amused smile, moving around the center column to stand before her. She stiffened when he grabbed the material, fingers playing with the scarf while lost in some sort of 'part way memory' land. Ramona eyed him during the whole exchange before lifting an eyebrow and asking the obvious question "You wear a scarf? What in the world for? You could never pull it off with that hair," She motioned to her own head, running her palms across the roots of her hair "If you want to call that proper hair."

A small smile bubbled against her lips and Ramona took a step to the side, resting her weight to the left and swinging in a wide circle. She enjoyed the feeling of cozy fabric as it tickled her legs in response to the action, always, always she'd had a passion for simple things like scarves. Hence why she always wore hoodies, ditching the comfort of tight fitting shirts in lieu of the openness that bare skin and baggy things gave her. The same went for pants, another reason she found it necessary- Despite objections- for a change of clothes. No need for the Doctor to stumble upon her little... Well secret by sheer accident. She'd never be able to live it down.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 8:13 pm

"No, I don't wear that now. I wore that with a different face. Wild hair then. Impossible to tame. Usually hid it under a wide-brimmed hat on most days." The Doctor said quickly, shaking his head and trying to clear the daze around him before turning around and returning to the controls. "Be careful with it, I've had it for over five hundred years." He added over his shoulder as his hands began working once more, a wry smile twisting his lips upward as he finished setting the TARDIS down in the middle of a field on their planet of destination.

"Right then, here we are. Would you like to do the honors?" He asked, turning around to face her, a hand held out towards the doors behind him and a wide grin spreading across his face at the sight of her again. Blasted scarf, she'd end up tripping on it more than once before the day was out, that was for sure.
Back to top Go down
Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 8:21 pm

Ramona stopped, rocking back and forth on her heels in a way she caught him doing rather often. Halting when she realized how like him she must have looked, didn't want that did they? She scoffed at the image of the Doctor with hair, trying to imagine a mop of curls to frame a face like his, hide those ridiculous ears... She conveniently over-looked his comment about 'different faces' and even ignored him when he commanded she take care of the thing, grabbing each end in her hands as she did so. Somehow her mind balked and refused to acknowledge the number he gave her, five-hundred years, preposterous! Rolling gold eyes Ramona walked toward the main drag, coming to stand in front of the doors while casting frequent glances back toward the Doctor.

She waited until he gave her the go ahead, flashing her a cheap grin from hooded eyes. He knew what was out there, he'd been describing it earlier and she was more than happy to oblige. Staving off the rush of emotion she plastered it down behind a mask of cool concentration. Trying to make it a little less obvious that she was dying to throw the doors open and step into the image he'd conjured before. Instead she took a deep breath and pulled the door inward with trepidation, almost hoping for something dangerous so she'd have a reason to be nervous. But no, she had to lean against that door and slide down to the floor, eyes wide as a rush of air tore the hair away from her back and shoulders. Like a dragons breath that smelled of something soft and unfamiliar, there was no name in her brain for the scent that invaded her nostrils. There was no name for the colors that met her vision, her brain couldn't register everything there was, couldn't understand, couldn't believe. Ramona was utterly speechless.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 8:37 pm

Turning his head to watch Ramona walk towards the doors, the Doctor had to hide his usual smile behind the playful one he forced on his face. In truth he was anxious to see her response to what was out there. Not a lot of people are ready to be taken to a completely alien planet where everything was different from what they were used to, the colors were different, the trees and planets were all odd and unusual from what they were used to seeing. Once she sank to the floor, he made his way across the room to stand next to her, staring out the doors and finally allowing his face-splitting smile to break through as he breathed in the air when it blew against his face.

Turning his head, he gazed out at the field in front of them, catching sight of a town not too far off with colored banners waving in the breeze and tilted his head to the side. "Looks like there's a festival going on." The Doctor finally commented, turning to look down at Ramona with a familiar twinkle of excitement in his eyes as he reached a hand out to her. "Stalls, items you've never seen before and more than you could ever hope to see. Come on."
Back to top Go down
Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 8:58 pm

She accepted the pro-offered hand without really thinking about it, eyes squinting as she tried to make sense of everything. The actual scenery she felt she could name, or come up with names for it as some of it- like tentacle-leaves? And trees that shifted color with every current of wind. It really was windy, whipping the hair around her spine before throwing it unceremoniously into her face, Ramona sputtered and clawed at the strawberry mass before taking a step outside. Almost immediately she jumped when something slithered against her leg, heart pounding in mortal terror as a creature she could only liken to a snake wound away from them, leaving jaunty 'zig-zag' marks through the grass. Grass, grass that made her think of feathers with the way it was shaped and she hoped she could classify it as an opalescent blue color, isn't that what he'd said?

She couldn't help but give that strange creature quick glances until it was gone from view, even then she searched the ground with every step, brain working furiously. She was prepared to respond as though she were expecting a wall of cannibalistic vines to erupt from the soil, making it very hard to appreciate the landscape as she dug her nails into the exposed flesh of the Doctors hand, not on purpose either. A harsh breath expelled from her lungs as Ramona released his hand and trailed it up to grip his upper arm, deciding it was a safer place to hold onto instead. Now practically cuddling the ligament she took a moment to calm down, forcing herself into a mood more composed before opening her eyes to wonder at the brilliant world ahead of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cast against the tide.   Cast against the tide. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cast against the tide.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Closed RP's-
Jump to: